1983 War To Settle The Score Mod Hype Thread

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>First glance thoughts: </p><p> </p><p>

Story lines have been revamped, you just pick workers and go with it. Must start with two, but can have up to four. After making a story line, you can add more workers one at a time. Makes the whole thing easier I think, as you can go anywhere with the story lines. The downfall, you have to be creative.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't know if I like this being the only option or not, don't even know if it really is, as I'm just getting used to the new set-up.</p><p> </p><p>

I do like that I'm playing as Sam Strong though:)!</p><p> </p><p>

Wish I had more time to go through it.... but a couple of things if someone wants to post them in the technical area... as I don't have time to do it the right way (don't remember the error code, and I'm just not going to have a name there already next time I utilize it).</p><p> </p><p>

1. You get an error if you try to use "Suggest a Name" when a name is already there, so game crashes.</p><p> </p><p>

2. You can't really see the age filter when you try to filter for someone to use in the user screen (when your filtering by age, the numbers are halfway through other boxes).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34857" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Chris clearly posted that in the wrong thread lol.<p> </p><p> Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this mod! It will be very interesting to see how the NWA works.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well to be honest u ain't the only one who is interested in seeing how the NWA runs. I want to see how it works too. I have to run tests to see what effects it creates when a company leaves the alliance.</p>

Alright there will be 12 promotions in the NWA alliance. MACW,GCW, CWF,CState, and PW are the only permanent meembers. WCCW, ASW, CMLL,AJPW,CWA,SECW, and MLW round out the alliance. The WWF was going to be in it but because their is no effect from what I can tell of a promotion leaving the NWA. So they will be at war with the NWA,AWA, and SWCW.

If you're simply updating DOTT, make sure to go through every single profile and edit them. Just about every single workers birthday is wrong, with a ton of wrong sizes like people being set to lightweight despite being 6'4, 280 lbs.

No I am not just updating DOTT. Yes I know the birthdays were wrong I first noticed this with Blackjack Mulligan. This is expansion on The Golden Age mod just set 4 years back. I am using DOTT for pics and as a reference plus cagematch, wrestlingdatabase, wrestling observer, youtube, my own knowledge of the time period and other resources I can find on the subject of that era. Plus taking MrCananda advice on the stats about not making the wrestlers to good. Because running tests on TEW2010 made two promotions in particular grow way to fast.

Thank you though for your insight KingChono.

just so you know, making a new 80's territory mod sold a copy of the game. Mentioned to someone on another board who didn't get 2010 since DOTT was not done for that version and they are now going to buy this version for your mod..........No pressure though :)

If you're simply updating DOTT, make sure to go through every single profile and edit them. Just about every single workers birthday is wrong, with a ton of wrong sizes like people being set to lightweight despite being 6'4, 280 lbs.

Speaking of which, has anyone converted DOTT up to TEW13? Mine wouldn't convert right on TEW10...it stayed as .tw8 files.

Speaking of which, has anyone converted DOTT up to TEW13? Mine wouldn't convert right on TEW10...it stayed as .tw8 files.

I have it up to 2013 and have finished updating the profiles for about 50% of the workers. Still have to do American and Japanese which is about 800 of the 1400 workers. Unfortunately the mod was originally ported from WreSpi to TEW so the reason(I assume) most of the ages are wrong was so people could get in the game earlier or stay longer in the case of older wrestlers. Also there's still tons of work to be done for stats outside of popular American wrestlers. Pretty much everyone who wasn't NWA/WWF champion or a big star has crap everything stats.

New Japan is going to be broke because Giant Baba is $66,000 a month in this game. Well their goes a written contract for him. Let see Ric Flair says Mid-Atlantic isn't big enough for him even though their ranked 3rd out of 27 promotions. So more work must be done to fix these problems.

New Japan is going to be broke because Giant Baba is $66,000 a month in this game. Well their goes a written contract for him. Let see Ric Flair says Mid-Atlantic isn't big enough for him even though their ranked 3rd out of 27 promotions. So more work must be done to fix these problems.

it's their size relative to his popularity your best bet is to give him a decent length written contract

Yeah I gave him 5 year written deal. Doing run through to see how this will somewhat play WWF buying alot of the talent up one problem is with all the working agreements. WWF has no working agreements so their able to offer written deals while your only allowed to offer ppa contracts. Going to see if edit out the working agreements. To see what effect this has on contract negoations and the NWA alliance.

In the alliance you can adjust to what kind deals you can offer, and they don't need to be on working agreements in the promotion relationships. Also if you put Flair as friends with Jim Crockett he is less likely to leave. Last but not least there was no national size company as this time so I would adjust promotion and worker popularity accordingly to better reflect the time period

In the alliance you can adjust to what kind deals you can offer, and they don't need to be on working agreements in the promotion relationships. Also if you put Flair as friends with Jim Crockett he is less likely to leave. Last but not least there was no national size company as this time so I would adjust promotion and worker popularity accordingly to better reflect the time period

Not to offend you but in TEW 2010 you are correct. In TEW 2013 your wrong when it comes to relationships. Use to you couldn't get Tully Blanchard or the Von Erichs now you can on written deals as Cult or ppa either way you want to go but WWF will attack your roster no matter what. I am playing a game as I write this I have already lost Harley Race, Greg Valentine, Paul Jones, Sgt.Slaughter, and Don Kernodle plus lost bidding war for Tully Blanchard. Flair will go where the damn money is this game. Loyalty and friendship means nothing when it comes to contracts in this game. An plus I have the Hart Foundation on written contract so that shows how much family ties means as well. Their is no national promotion in this mod it's 5 cult promotions and the rest are regional or smaller.

You could get written at cult in 2010, but as far as loyalties goes I know now its set up different, but then again this does sim the WWF expansion they where signing guys left and right, maybe not in 83 but if that's case then lower them down a bit maybe make most everybody regional a high regional for most though.

But I don't mind the raiding its what happened then all the big names except Flair went up north (and even he did for a brief spell before he got famous) during this time so its not exactly a bad thing to go with

Looking forward to this!

If the WWF is signing up people right and left in 83 you probably need to tweak their popularity or money down. They were not the most popular promotion in 1983 and didn't have the pull to grab people out of places like the Mid-Atlantic or the AWA.

1983 was when WWF signed Hogan, Piper, Ventura and others out of AWA and Mid-Atlantic. Albano appeared in Laupers video in 83 as well. The complete ransacking didn't happen until a few years later, but WWF were definitely capable of poaching big name talent in 1983.

1983 was when WWF signed Hogan, Piper, Ventura and others out of AWA and Mid-Atlantic. Albano appeared in Laupers video in 83 as well. The complete ransacking didn't happen until a few years later, but WWF were definitely capable of poaching big name talent in 1983.

Piper signed at the end of 1983. Hogan signed at the end of 1983 and only left the AWA for the WWF because he had major issues with Gagne over booking fees, profits, etc.

But yes, they can poach, but they shouldn't be able to completely devastate a roster in 1983. They had not exploded at that point.

WWF wouldn't be bigger than Crockett, AWA or WCCW at this point, but, they would be aggressive. In real life 1983 the territorial alliance did weaken NWA members during McMahon's first wave of acquisitions. Quite simply, Vince broke an unwritten code that had served the regional bosses well for 35 years and the move was so daring and swift that, by the time the other guys caught on that WWF was a real threat, it was too late.

Realistically, the gentleman's agreements between promoters should be a handicap to Crockett, Watts, Graham, Gagne, Adkisson, Blanchard, and so on, just as it was in real life.

IMO, WWF wouldn't start with more liquid capital or more popularity, BUT their home area would have an advantage in terms of IMPORTANCE in the industry.

In the run-up to Wrestlemania, Vince gambled most of the company's assets on a single blockbuster event establishing the company as a national presence. Vince won because he worked the media and put the right guys in the Main Event picture. But, if he had failed, he would have had trouble paying all the big fish he signed.

Archived