SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

Well I finally got to supreme challenge, and my overall grads tanked. I had a 6 man elimination chamber style match of the top title, with Remo going in as champion, and he had defeated all comers including Faith, lobster warrior and jack Bruce. I built him up as an unstoppable machine, but going into supreme challenge he knew the chances of walking out as champion was unlikely as all 3 of these men swore to win this time. Rich money and Eric eisen were also involved, coming off successful feuds against Gilmore and valiant respectively. The match ended up getting a B and eisen took a crazy bump (hoping he would have to go away injured :p) and I was disappointed that most of my heavy hitters didn't deliver grades. I did have a back up plan, my semi main event was between a newl turned Brandon James, who was fed up with the Chase Agency and turned on them, with captain atomic also playing a part, they were both successful in the feud and James had nice momentum heading into a programme with vengeance, who hasn't won a match in a while but is still auto pushed at main event! It all started when James accidentally hit him with a door on his way to a match against Huntingdon! :p vengeance's erratic behaviour made him swear vengeance (aah!) against James, and he attacked him various times backstage and scored a pin fall victory on TV. That match got B as well. I decided to elevate the feud by putting the match on PPV in a cage. My bright idea as a semi main event only recieved a C+, with no road agent notes explaining what went wrong! It was a dreadful match!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also haven't had a single A match yet, and i feel that i have had good builds towards big matches between Faith and Money, Lobby and Money, Bruce and Remo, and none of them have had bad chemistry, it just feels to me to be impossible to draw that elusive A. TCW are doing it in my game and catching up too! I put the belt on money so lets see if i can have a big drawing feud with him and Bruce.

Well I finally got to supreme challenge, and my overall grads tanked. I had a 6 man elimination chamber style match of the top title, with Remo going in as champion, and he had defeated all comers including Faith, lobster warrior and jack Bruce. I built him up as an unstoppable machine, but going into supreme challenge he knew the chances of walking out as champion was unlikely as all 3 of these men swore to win this time. Rich money and Eric eisen were also involved, coming off successful feuds against Gilmore and valiant respectively. The match ended up getting a B and eisen took a crazy bump (hoping he would have to go away injured :p) and I was disappointed that most of my heavy hitters didn't deliver grades. I did have a back up plan, my semi main event was between a newl turned Brandon James, who was fed up with the Chase Agency and turned on them, with captain atomic also playing a part, they were both successful in the feud and James had nice momentum heading into a programme with vengeance, who hasn't won a match in a while but is still auto pushed at main event! It all started when James accidentally hit him with a door on his way to a match against Huntingdon! :p vengeance's erratic behaviour made him swear vengeance (aah!) against James, and he attacked him various times backstage and scored a pin fall victory on TV. That match got B as well. I decided to elevate the feud by putting the match on PPV in a cage. My bright idea as a semi main event only recieved a C+, with no road agent notes explaining what went wrong! It was a dreadful match!

On the face of it, your main only did a B because you probably had 2 or 3 people in the ring who are declining (Bruce, Faith & Lobby) and a further 2 or 3 who are most likely not true Main Eventers (Eisen, Gilmore & Lobby). Bear in mind a 6 man Main Event should be a rarity; the only real life example I can think of was in the WWF back in the early 2000s when they had Rock vs Angle vs Austin vs HHH vs Undertaker vs Rikishi. You should be able to see the difference between that match and yours straight away - they had one person who didn't deserve to be there, you had three.

James vs Vengeance should have done OK, depending on what James' popularity is like. Probably not great though if he's already lost clean to Vengeance once. Maybe high 70s? Vengeance can't pull that match up on his own.

In response to your second post: A-graded matches are suitably uncommon. You need to be combining workers with great talent and overness in the high 80s to 90s to really stand a chance of getting one.

On the face of it, your main only did a B because you probably had 2 or 3 people in the ring who are declining (Bruce, Faith & Lobby) and a further 2 or 3 who are most likely not true Main Eventers (Eisen, Gilmore & Lobby). Bear in mind a 6 man Main Event should be a rarity; the only real life example I can think of was in the WWF back in the early 2000s when they had Rock vs Angle vs Austin vs HHH vs Undertaker vs Rikishi. You should be able to see the difference between that match and yours straight away - they had one person who didn't deserve to be there, you had three.

James vs Vengeance should have done OK, depending on what James' popularity is like. Probably not great though if he's already lost clean to Vengeance once. Maybe high 70s? Vengeance can't pull that match up on his own.

In response to your second post: A-graded matches are suitably uncommon. You need to be combining workers with great talent and overness in the high 80s to 90s to really stand a chance of getting one.

I'll check when I go on about Brandon James, but I would hope it's a bit higher, I do know he's auto pushed to main event. I had a great match earlier in the card between Steve frehley and Marc DuBois, which did B+ (surprising considering Frehley sucks in main events). I really should have had that match higher in the card. By the way, has anyone sorted out DuBois yet? He's on the cusp of the main event for me and if I can't sort him out soon, I'm going to have to let him go. :(

I'll check when I go on about Brandon James, but I would hope it's a bit higher, I do know he's auto pushed to main event. I had a great match earlier in the card between Steve frehley and Marc DuBois, which did B+ (surprising considering Frehley sucks in main events). I really should have had that match higher in the card. By the way, has anyone sorted out DuBois yet? He's on the cusp of the main event for me and if I can't sort him out soon, I'm going to have to let him go. :(

Auto-pushing doesn't automatically mean a worker has the overness to be there... It can just be the result of a big roster. Have a big enough roster and guys at C+ popularity can auto-push to ME. But they have nowhere near the popularity to legitimately carry main events.

As for Frehley, he can deliver in main events if you are careful. Build his overness, develop his skills (tagging him with the likes of Faith, Lobby, etc), and pick his opponents carefully. He won't be delivering A* matches but I can get B and B+ out of him pretty consistently just by being careful.

Auto-pushing doesn't automatically mean a worker has the overness to be there... It can just be the result of a big roster. Have a big enough roster and guys at C+ popularity can auto-push to ME. But they have nowhere near the popularity to legitimately carry main events.

As for Frehley, he can deliver in main events if you are careful. Build his overness, develop his skills (tagging him with the likes of Faith, Lobby, etc), and pick his opponents carefully. He won't be delivering A* matches but I can get B and B+ out of him pretty consistently just by being careful.

Yeah I figured that now, everyone B- or above is considered main event now. Frehley isn't bad, he can do quite well, but I'd rather push others over him. Valiant is a great face on mine, as is Lobby, but mainstream Hernandez is receiving a monster push in SWF right now. Any of you like pushing him if you sign him? I'm feeling that rich money v jack Bruce is going to deliver an A at some stage, I will keep you posted. :D

Grfcboy95, be careful with your match lengths. Even though the game will auto-set main event matches at a certain match length doesn't mean you have to stick to that, particularly where guys with low psychology are concerned- their psychology hit is likely going to be bigger than the "short match" penalty unless you are way short. Guys like Vengeance, Big Cat, Frehley, etc. shouldn't be in 15 minute matches unless they are in the ring with Angry, Money, etc. That could be what ended up resulting in that C+ semi-main.

I looked up Starrcade 1996 as an example of what I'm talking about: Luger and Giant, obviously main eventers, go 13 minutes, while Jarrett and Benoit are given 14, Liger and Misterio get 14, DDP and Eddy are given 15, and Malenko and Ultimo Dragon are given 18 to open, despite none of those guys being main eventers at the time. Obviously the Luger/Giant match should be more important than every match other than Hogan/Piper in the main event, but because neither guy has much psychology, it was kept short, while guys with great psychology were given more time to work.

Grfcboy95, be careful with your match lengths. Even though the game will auto-set main event matches at a certain match length doesn't mean you have to stick to that, particularly where guys with low psychology are concerned- their psychology hit is likely going to be bigger than the "short match" penalty unless you are way short. Guys like Vengeance, Big Cat, Frehley, etc. shouldn't be in 15 minute matches unless they are in the ring with Angry, Money, etc. That could be what ended up resulting in that C+ semi-main.

I looked up Starrcade 1996 as an example of what I'm talking about: Luger and Giant, obviously main eventers, go 13 minutes, while Jarrett and Benoit are given 14, Liger and Misterio get 14, DDP and Eddy are given 15, and Malenko and Ultimo Dragon are given 18 to open, despite none of those guys being main eventers at the time. Obviously the Luger/Giant match should be more important than every match other than Hogan/Piper in the main event, but because neither guy has much psychology, it was kept short, while guys with great psychology were given more time to work.

Great point, something I didn't think about. Do you think the match rating between James and Vengeance could have taken a hit because of psychology without necessarily bringing up a road agent note? It could be tied into match length too, because the cage match had almost 20 minutes compared to 15 minutes on TV. Good example too. :)

Yeah I figured that now, everyone B- or above is considered main event now. Frehley isn't bad, he can do quite well, but I'd rather push others over him. Valiant is a great face on mine, as is Lobby, but mainstream Hernandez is receiving a monster push in SWF right now. Any of you like pushing him if you sign him? I'm feeling that rich money v jack Bruce is going to deliver an A at some stage, I will keep you posted. :D

Mainstream's getting a good push as a heel in my diary game, with Stevie (Steven Parker) as his tag team partner. :D They're a heel boy band tag team, with a bit of 3MB in terms of their catchphrase, but unlike 3MB, they win matches. :p

Re: Frehley, he's been giving me ugly match grades as of late. :( First, Vengeance, now Jack Bruce. Guess I have no choice for now, since he's assisting Christian Faith in his ongoing feud with Vengeance's stable (which also features Brandon James as second-in-command), as well as having a bit of a side feud with his fellow babyface Bruce. I'm still pushing him because of his relative youth and because he had only recently been World Heavyweight champ.

Money vs Bruce is money. In fact, Money versus most anyone in the main event and upper midcard can give you B+ grades or better if booked properly.

To be honest I prefer Frehley over Valiant. Their stats are more or less identical but Frehley is 3 years younger and already has the overness to main event. However, to my mind if anyone other than Gilmore or Money is holding your belt for long periods of time then you're mad.

Frehley can be a challenge (but as said above, can be remedied by going against strong wrestlers). Honestly, I love him as a character; what he means to the SWF. I tend to see him as the dark horse brawler who happened to 'make it' and is quickly becoming the future of the company. Then again, I have him at an A* in popularity and an A in momentum.

I want to keep the focus on him long term; so, I've mapped out his opponents to ultimately make him look as good as possible. As said above, the likes of Money, Faith, and Gilmore will give you that. Vengeance, the best I can get out of him is a C+ regardless if its Frehley or Faith, is one I'd keep far away from the "Dark Destroyer".

All in all, Frehley won't give you a death sentence grade wise. It just takes some protective booking to make him look great. At that point, having to book in that way, comes down to your interest in him as a character (and how he stacks up to others).

To be honest I prefer Frehley over Valiant. Their stats are more or less identical but Frehley is 3 years younger and already has the overness to main event. However, to my mind if anyone other than Gilmore or Money is holding your belt for long periods of time then you're mad.

I think Christian Faith as a "one last run" is pretty exempt, too. Also, Jack Bruce. His charisma and star quality make him a great champion, even if he's not going to get A's without help.

Faith's been tough to deal with in my game. He's got the "three or four years past his best" note in time decline, and hasn't managed anything better than a 78 in a singles match. Best grade was a win while teamed with Steve Frehley over Rich Money and Vengeance and it was still just an 82. So he's not going anywhere near the title, but I'm going to give Faith one last chance to build to a big showdown with Marat at Supreme Challenge (I'm in May and there's only Times of Trouble PPV left before SC). After that drop him to Upper Mid and have him play gatekeeper for a while.

Frehley can be a challenge (but as said above, can be remedied by going against strong wrestlers). Honestly, I love him as a character; what he means to the SWF. I tend to see him as the dark horse brawler who happened to 'make it' and is quickly becoming the future of the company. Then again, I have him at an A* in popularity and an A in momentum.

I want to keep the focus on him long term; so, I've mapped out his opponents to ultimately make him look as good as possible. As said above, the likes of Money, Faith, and Gilmore will give you that. Vengeance, the best I can get out of him is a C+ regardless if its Frehley or Faith, is one I'd keep far away from the "Dark Destroyer".

All in all, Frehley won't give you a death sentence grade wise. It just takes some protective booking to make him look great. At that point, having to book in that way, comes down to your interest in him as a character (and how he stacks up to others).

I've found Vengeance to be an absolute beast in terms of popularity. He and Marat managed to pull an 85 at a PPV with no storyline and Marat's overness and momentum in the low 80s. He gets over whether I want him to or not just on Menace angles. Having said that...

I think Christian Faith as a "one last run" is pretty exempt, too. Also, Jack Bruce. His charisma and star quality make him a great champion, even if he's not going to get A's without help.

I CANNOT get Faith over in this game. I don't know whether it's his decline or what but whether it's angles or matches I can't get his popularity to budge beyond 82 (short of feeding one of my top guys to him, that is). He's not even in terminal decline either (I believe he's '4 or 5 years past his best' at this stage). I have no idea why the fans wont get behind him.

I CANNOT get Faith over in this game. I don't know whether it's his decline or what but whether it's angles or matches I can't get his popularity to budge beyond 82 (short of feeding one of my top guys to him, that is). He's not even in terminal decline either (I believe he's '4 or 5 years past his best' at this stage). I have no idea why the fans wont get behind him.

It's amazing how different a everyone's game is, Faith delivered one of my highest grades for a match, on TV against rich money, the only build up being the number 1 contender for Frehley title. It had relatively low hype etc, but that match got an 85 or something and the overall show was my best show of the year. Vengeance on the other hand hasn't got the consistency, as highlighted in one of my earlier posts when he got a B then a C+ in matches against James. That and he's never happy to lose.

I think we can all agree rich money is a huge talent! :p

Big update, I got my first A grade match! The bad news is I have to eat my words. I had frehley best Marat kholov on one of the PPV's after Supreme Challenge, causing his popularity to skyrocket! He ended up in the title picture with Christian Faith and Rich Money, and that triple threat match delivered an A at that PPV! The worst news is that Vengeance, Christian Faith and Lobster Warrior have all started to time decline badly, leaving me rushing to build up two main eventers. Finishing on good news, Eric Eisen and Everest's contracts are both up soon, and Eisen doesn't want to renew! Those cancers are finally gone! :D

Big update, I got my first A grade match! The bad news is I have to eat my words. I had frehley best Marat kholov on one of the PPV's after Supreme Challenge, causing his popularity to skyrocket! He ended up in the title picture with Christian Faith and Rich Money, and that triple threat match delivered an A at that PPV! The worst news is that Vengeance, Christian Faith and Lobster Warrior have all started to time decline badly, leaving me rushing to build up two main eventers. Finishing on good news, Eric Eisen and Everest's contracts are both up soon, and Eisen doesn't want to renew! Those cancers are finally gone! :D

Why didn't you just fire Everest no one ever blocks his firing. AT the beginning of an SWF game I fire Everest, Dubois, Laramee and Scott right off the bat. My locker room morale sky rockets. And I know everyone says but DuBois is a future star, well truth be told his stats are not as good as they previously were, he's got a horrible attitude, he's a drug user and he's got a negative relationship with one of the Bumfholes. Getting rid of DuBois should be a no-brainer.

Why didn't you just fire Everest no one ever blocks his firing. AT the beginning of an SWF game I fire Everest, Dubois, Laramee and Scott right off the bat. My locker room morale sky rockets. And I know everyone says but DuBois is a future star, well truth be told his stats are not as good as they previously were, he's got a horrible attitude, he's a drug user and he's got a negative relationship with one of the Bumfholes. Getting rid of DuBois should be a no-brainer.

I just send them to development until their contracts come up. Improves morale and saves you the hassle of firing them.

I think DuBois is easily firable now that his stats have been nerfed. 82 SQ and 72 CHA (even at 25) are not the hallmarks of a future SWF star.

I just send them to development until their contracts come up. Improves morale and saves you the hassle of firing them.

I think DuBois is easily firable now that his stats have been nerfed. 82 SQ and 72 CHA (even at 25) are not the hallmarks of a future SWF star.

Yea, in earlier installments DuBois WAS the future of the SWF. Now, this time around, he's a hot commodity for the independent circuit.

I love that he was perceived to be 'next in line' but fizzled. It makes the cornellverse more realistic.

Yea, in earlier installments DuBois WAS the future of the SWF. Now, this time around, he's a hot commodity for the independent circuit.

I love that he was perceived to be 'next in line' but fizzled. It makes the cornellverse more realistic.

Yeah I really like that too. Perfectly captures this image I have in my head of some young kid who got too much too fast, got into drugs and burned out before he ever reached his peak. I like to think his decline in SQ is a canonical shift in the way he looks and acts now compared to how he was before (maybe looking a bit haggard, Marty Jannetty-style slurred speach) as well.

Well I got Everest to midcard status and jobbed him to Christian Faith! :p I fired Marc Dubois when he was a main eventer. I think he could have been very good without his attitude and drugs habit. Hopefully TCW gets him and he destroys their backstage morale!

I'm thinking about starting a new SWF game but I have a few questions.

Is it difficult to work for Richard Eisen? Does he give a lot difficult owner goals and does he cause problems backstage?

What do you guys do with Eric Eisen? I know he has creative control but I don't want him near the main event. I was going to continue his feud with Gilmore and have Gilmore permanently retire Eric in a Hell in a Cell type match. Then he would return later at some point as the authority figure for the SWF.

Is it difficult to work for Richard Eisen? Does he give a lot difficult owner goals and does he cause problems backstage?

What do you guys do with Eric Eisen? I know he has creative control but I don't want him near the main event. I was going to continue his feud with Gilmore and have Gilmore permanently retire Eric in a Hell in a Cell type match. Then he would return later at some point as the authority figure for the SWF.

I don't find Eisen difficult. Can't say much about owner goals as I usually have them off but I don't find he causes trouble. The worst is that he won't let you adjust the proudct at all. Because of the Risque levels, you cannot sign certain workers who have very conservative personalities so this means a few of the indy darlings you might target won't sign. In my latest games, I've used Eisen as the user character so its a way around a few of those issues.

Can't say I've run into too many issues with Double E either. He is already out of the main event scene. My plan is to usually give him the NA title and let him have a midcard run with it. He doesn't pull too bad of grades I find, and it frees up Gilmore to move up the card.

Richard is no trouble, his owner goals can be a bit dodgy, like I have to push the 3 year past his best lobster warrior because its his goal to have him at B+ popularity by a time set. I never use him on TV at all. As for Eric, he's been a source of grief for me throughout. If his morale is low when his contract comes up, he refuses to sign a deal, so I believe he's on his way out of the company. I briefly had him as a main eventer, but he never had a championship, and Nows I'm basically jobbing him to my upper midcard and main event faces. I haven't played as TCW but I personally really enjoy SWF as a promotion.

Archived