SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

No wasn't any of those. I had it scripted instead of call in ring.

Would that make much of a difference?

No. That lost you a couple of points, not tons. Neither has any overtly negative issues, like bad gimmick, bad momentum? There was no negative chemistry? Something had to drag that down as I would expect a B for those two at minimum, and much better if they have a few positive elements and/or Angry has improved his standing from the start of the game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. That lost you a couple of points, not tons. Neither has any overtly negative issues, like bad gimmick, bad momentum? There was no negative chemistry? Something had to drag that down as I would expect a B for those two at minimum, and much better if they have a few positive elements and/or Angry has improved his standing from the start of the game.

There gimmicks are both rated in the 70's. Gilmore's momentum was low when i think about it. A 68 while bruce was at 86. It doesn't really matter anyway. The results are coming back to getting some good grades now. but i appreciate the help. :)

Yeah, but that doesn't matter. Especially seems I got Faith and Bruce getting 80's and over and they're both face. So, that isn't the problem here.

Sorry - why doesn't it matter? I think it's quite a big ding in SWF's product of a FvF or HvH match.

Being 80s in pop doesn't matter too much - from there to a match in the high 60s isn't a massive drop.

Sorry - why doesn't it matter? I think it's quite a big ding in SWF's product of a FvF or HvH match.

Being 80s in pop doesn't matter too much - from there to a match in the high 60s isn't a massive drop.

Hmm maybe you're right. Seemed to work for me with Bruce and Faith but i might test it out.

To throw in my two cents, (face) Jack Bruce and (heel) Angry Gilmore gave me my highest match rating of 99 in a title match at a PPV. Bruce was in early time decline, I had them slow build, and call in ring (always for Gilmore). I gave them a rematch on the next Supreme TV and it got a 93. Also, Steve Frehley and Vengeance just don't click in my saves. Each benefit from being paired with workers with better selling and psychology.

If this is a new SWF game, is your backstage rating a mess? One of the first things I do is try to get the backstage rating up to 100% and there's definitely a noticeable change in match grades.

To throw in my two cents, (face) Jack Bruce and (heel) Angry Gilmore gave me my highest match rating of 99 in a title match at a PPV. Bruce was in early time decline, I had them slow build, and call in ring (always for Gilmore). I gave them a rematch on the next Supreme TV and it got a 93. Also, Steve Frehley and Vengeance just don't click in my saves. Each benefit from being paired with workers with better selling and psychology.

If this is a new SWF game, is your backstage rating a mess? One of the first things I do is try to get the backstage rating up to 100% and there's definitely a noticeable change in match grades.

Oh ok. I have a mid 80's backstage rating right now. I dont try to concentrate on that too much. Maybe i should prioritize it more.

<p>On the CV14 Mod I need a storyline for Vengeance or I need to add him to a storyline somehow. These are the current storylines I got: </p><p> </p><p>

Bruce vs Remo</p><p>

Money vs Gilmore(Khoklov included as Money's enforcer)</p><p>

Eisen vs Valiant(Khoklov and Roberts included as enforcers)</p><p>

Frehley vs The Chase Agency(Rogue relegated to minor role)</p><p>

Christian Faith vs Rogue</p><p>

Lobster Warrior vs Squeeky McClean</p><p> </p><p>

What possible storyline can I put him into? Should I put him in development or would that bomb his momentum? I thought about making a stable for him but who would he attack? Should I make him join the Chase Agency? Him and Frehley from CV13 experiences don't make a good match. Any help is appreciated.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kieranforthewin" data-cite="kieranforthewin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On the CV14 Mod I need a storyline for Vengeance or I need to add him to a storyline somehow. These are the current storylines I got: <p> </p><p> Bruce vs Remo</p><p> Money vs Gilmore(Khoklov included as Money's enforcer)</p><p> Eisen vs Valiant(Khoklov and Roberts included as enforcers)</p><p> Frehley vs The Chase Agency(Rogue relegated to minor role)</p><p> Christian Faith vs Rogue</p><p> Lobster Warrior vs Squeeky McClean</p><p> </p><p> What possible storyline can I put him into? Should I put him in development or would that bomb his momentum? I thought about making a stable for him but who would he attack? Should I make him join the Chase Agency? Him and Frehley from CV13 experiences don't make a good match. Any help is appreciated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Multiple directions to go with a talent like Vengeance. Development is a meh idea, as it will tank his momentum and I don't imagine he would be happy about it. A vacation is an idea.</p><p> </p><p> A stable is an easy solution. They don't really need to have a target or a goal, at least at first. Not making their intentions clear is actually more interesting for the first while. Its also a good way to introduce a couple of guys from RIPW and give them some early momentum and popularity. You could do a different take on the backwoods cult of personality a la the Wyatt Family, or maybe a modern take on Raven's Flock. </p><p> </p><p> There are other options. Maybe have him start destroying jobbers. Making it fun by having him really REALLY wreck them in devastating fashion. Like a monster going back to the basics. He's asking to be put in matches against opponents who clearly have no chance and he's enjoy the hell out of destroying them. This could go on for 2-3 months, at could definitely lead to someone taking exception, creating a feud. Or maybe an upset. </p><p> </p><p> Or do something else to keep him in a holding pattern. A vacation and then a series of creepy vignettes that will to him coming back to target... whatever needs targeting at that time. Have him "injured" and put him on commentary. That woudl be weird and tough to image, but its workable.</p>

Every time I play as SWF Frehley helps whoever is going up against the Chase Agency, then turns on him saying that it's nothing personal, it's strictly business thus becoming "Strictly Business" Steve Frehley. This causes Brandon James to be kicked out of the Agency, instead of kicking out James you can turn Vegeance to Skull DeBones the avenging angel who comes to the aid of everyone The Agency attacks!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kieranforthewin" data-cite="kieranforthewin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On the CV14 Mod I need a storyline for Vengeance or I need to add him to a storyline somehow. These are the current storylines I got: <p> </p><p> Bruce vs Remo</p><p> Money vs Gilmore(Khoklov included as Money's enforcer)</p><p> Eisen vs Valiant(Khoklov and Roberts included as enforcers)</p><p> Frehley vs The Chase Agency(Rogue relegated to minor role)</p><p> Christian Faith vs Rogue</p><p> Lobster Warrior vs Squeeky McClean</p><p> </p><p> What possible storyline can I put him into? Should I put him in development or would that bomb his momentum? I thought about making a stable for him but who would he attack? Should I make him join the Chase Agency? Him and Frehley from CV13 experiences don't make a good match. Any help is appreciated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Vengeance is a worker who i feel is very hard to book. My advise would enter him into the winner of the Bruce vs Remo feud (especially if it's a feud over the title). Give him a vacation for 3-6 months (maybe shorter if you wish) and have an authority figure or the announcers mention that he has picked up a major injury and they wish him to health soon or that he has been missing and that no one has seen since the last time he appeared on screen for you. Then have Vengeance haunt the winner of the feud with vignettes and flickering lights in their matches or during angles (If bruce wins have Vengeance as a heel and vice versa for Remo). Have Bruce/Remo deny that Vengeance is after them. Eventually build up a match between Vengeance and Bruce/Remo without Vengeance appearing on screen. Then at a PPV of your choice have the match between the two. You can have the build up last as long as you wish the longer the better i would say. Makes it really tense.</p>

On the CV14 Mod I need a storyline for Vengeance or I need to add him to a storyline somehow. These are the current storylines I got:

Bruce vs Remo

Money vs Gilmore(Khoklov included as Money's enforcer)

Eisen vs Valiant(Khoklov and Roberts included as enforcers)

Frehley vs The Chase Agency(Rogue relegated to minor role)

Christian Faith vs Rogue

Lobster Warrior vs Squeeky McClean

What possible storyline can I put him into? Should I put him in development or would that bomb his momentum? I thought about making a stable for him but who would he attack? Should I make him join the Chase Agency? Him and Frehley from CV13 experiences don't make a good match. Any help is appreciated.

I would either include him as one of these heel's enforcers or turn him and have him join one of these underdog faces. It could be interesting to see him help out Gilmore or Valiant to help take down Money/Eisen.

<p>Any idea why my top people lose overness despite either not losing a match or sometimes, not appear in a low rated angle or even "lose" an angle?</p><p> </p><p>

Wolf Hawkins debuted with 86 overness in USA. He's 6-0-1 (1 draw) in the ring and is "great" in his storyline but has dropped to 82.</p><p> </p><p>

Remo has dropped 1.3 points (91.5 to 90.2), Angry Gilmore dropped 1.1 (91.9 to 90.8) and Emma Chase dropped 1 points (81.1 to 80.1). Remo won in two squash matches in that time and neither Gilmore (didn't wrestle) nor Chase appeared in an angle rated below an 83.</p><p> </p><p>

I could see maybe Remo, Gilmore and Chase hitting a pop cap, but Hawkins' drop occurred over a two-month period, not in a couple of weeks.</p>

Just started a new SWF game with Christian Faith as the booker. I figured if Eisen's going to give the book to anyone else, it might as well be his best friend and a guy that's been in the company even longer than Michaels.

Here's the plans:

• Brandon James and Paul Huntingdon have been officially made a tag team called H & J Enterprises, a "subsidiary" of the Chase Agency. They'll be beating The All-Americans either at When Hell Freezes Over or at Nothing To Lose.
  • Christian Faith, Remo, and Vengeance will each be wrestling in singles matches at 2013's first Supreme TV, then will give a speech per the orders of the Board of Trustees as to why they should be the #1 Contender for Steve Frehley's World Heavyweight Title. I gave Vengeance the additional spice to his gimmick of rubbing an X from his own face paint on the foreheads of his defeated opponents. Thought it fit his creepy vibe. Also, I'm thinking of bringing Carl Batch in to be Remo's "advocate" a la Paul Heyman & Brock.
  • Angry Gilmore's quest to get some revenge for Eric Eisen's attack and hold onto his North American Championship will be made more difficult by Eric Eisen's new bodyguard - Enforcer Roberts! With his history with the Eisen family (canonically?) and Roberts' time decline status, I thought it was the best use for him.
  • Rich Money is yet again going to poke his nose into Jack Bruce's business as he will cost Valiant the grudge match with Rogue at When Hell Freezes Over. He will join forces with the Chase Agency in a sort-of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" storyline.
  • Marat Khoklov's sister Tatyana Khoklova (a repackaged Kristen Pearce up from RIPW) will announce that the Board of Trustees has granted her permission to create a new monthly challenge for the so-called SWF superstars - The Bear's Den! If any superstar can triumph over Khoklov in a Bear's Den (modified MMA) rules match, they will automatically be granted a shot at the SWF World Heavyweight Title. But, if Khoklov can go an entire year without losing, he will get the shot in a match of his choosing!
  • The Awesomeness have tapped Jessie to be their "new roadie" but the ravishing former Biggz Bros manager has also caught the eyes of The Pain Alliance!
  • Spencer Spade has been brought up to the main roster and will be a dark match fixture for about 4-6 months while he builds up some more overness and puts even more shine on his already glittering resume.

If I can flesh it out a bit more, I might just create a dynasty out of it...

It sounds like you have the beginning all planned out which is the most important thing for the bigger companies in my opinion. The only thing I would recommend is replacing Kristen Pearce with Nadia Snow. The icy blue hair alt is perfect for a Russian manager.

<p>After reading this rather excellent thread for most of the day yesterday I was inspired to actually pick up the CVerse and play, Usually play RW mods but kinda feeling like there is only so much you can do, only so many people you can push before boredom sets in.</p><p> </p><p>

So off the back of reading this and having a blast looking at the different ways people play I decided to start a game as SWF and because I spent a long time out of the loop with the Cverse, I just spent my time in the 2 hours I had to play last night getting familiar with SWF, Thinking where I'm gonna take things, This is what I'm thinking so far with regards to the starting storylines as a base;</p><p> </p><p>

Eric Eisen vs Angry Gilmore.</p><p> </p><p>

Gilmore is going to lay out the challenge for Eisen to face him one more time, He'll even put up his SWF North American Title to sweeten the deal, Eisen will of course accept and the next match in this blood fued will be set.. </p><p> </p><p>

We get to the PPV and Eisen of course weasles his way out of getting the butt kicking thats coming to him by revealing that if Gilmore wants to face Eisen he will first need to survive Eisen's one night only client Marat Khoklov, Khoklov will obviously have no interest in winning or loosing and will end up beating Gilmore so much and with such disregard for the rules that the referee will have no option but to DQ the Russian Brute... at which point Eisen will jump at the chance to start the match he agreed to, despite Gilmore being out of it he will try as best h can but will fall to Eisen and loose the title. </p><p> </p><p>

After this i'll send him on a 4 week vacation to sell the beat down and have the announcers state he was again sent to the hospital, Eisen will of course spend the four weeks proclaiming he has ended Gilmore's sorry sorry excuse for a career and also defending the title against hand picked "deserving opponents" (really they will just be the undercard), before Gilmore finally returns to extract his revenge on Eisen in most likely a steel cage match (the obvious is a stretcher match but i've seen alot of people doing that on these boards and would kinda like to go a little different)</p><p> </p><p>

The 4 way for the World Title - will go down the obvious route, 4 way dance for the title at the first PPV most likely have Frehley retain, unless i feel like one of the other 3 out perform him in the weeks leading up, following this the other 3 that are not champ will then face off in the coming weeks all gunning to be the number one contender... Simple yes but effective, then wrap up that fued before moving them all on to other things most likely. </p><p> </p><p>

Valiant vs The Chase Agency - at the PPV Bruce and Valiant will probably recruit 2 other wrestlers to face the agency in an 8 man tag, beyond that I'm not sure where things will go. </p><p> </p><p>

Thats my plan for the first month and a little bit beyond. Hope you SWF vets approve.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Macca316" data-cite="Macca316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After reading this rather excellent thread for most of the day yesterday I was inspired to actually pick up the CVerse and play, Usually play RW mods but kinda feeling like there is only so much you can do, only so many people you can push before boredom sets in.<p> </p><p> So off the back of reading this and having a blast looking at the different ways people play I decided to start a game as SWF and because I spent a long time out of the loop with the Cverse, I just spent my time in the 2 hours I had to play last night getting familiar with SWF, Thinking where I'm gonna take things, This is what I'm thinking so far with regards to the starting storylines as a base;</p><p> </p><p> Eric Eisen vs Angry Gilmore.</p><p> </p><p> Gilmore is going to lay out the challenge for Eisen to face him one more time, He'll even put up his SWF North American Title to sweeten the deal, Eisen will of course accept and the next match in this blood fued will be set.. </p><p> </p><p> We get to the PPV and Eisen of course weasles his way out of getting the butt kicking thats coming to him by revealing that if Gilmore wants to face Eisen he will first need to survive Eisen's one night only client Marat Khoklov, Khoklov will obviously have no interest in winning or loosing and will end up beating Gilmore so much and with such disregard for the rules that the referee will have no option but to DQ the Russian Brute... at which point Eisen will jump at the chance to start the match he agreed to, despite Gilmore being out of it he will try as best h can but will fall to Eisen and loose the title. </p><p> </p><p> After this i'll send him on a 4 week vacation to sell the beat down and have the announcers state he was again sent to the hospital, Eisen will of course spend the four weeks proclaiming he has ended Gilmore's sorry sorry excuse for a career and also defending the title against hand picked "deserving opponents" (really they will just be the undercard), before Gilmore finally returns to extract his revenge on Eisen in most likely a steel cage match (the obvious is a stretcher match but i've seen alot of people doing that on these boards and would kinda like to go a little different)</p><p> </p><p> The 4 way for the World Title - will go down the obvious route, 4 way dance for the title at the first PPV most likely have Frehley retain, unless i feel like one of the other 3 out perform him in the weeks leading up, following this the other 3 that are not champ will then face off in the coming weeks all gunning to be the number one contender... Simple yes but effective, then wrap up that fued before moving them all on to other things most likely. </p><p> </p><p> Valiant vs The Chase Agency - at the PPV Bruce and Valiant will probably recruit 2 other wrestlers to face the agency in an 8 man tag, beyond that I'm not sure where things will go. </p><p> </p><p> Thats my plan for the first month and a little bit beyond. Hope you SWF vets approve.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you playing with the 2013 or updated 2014 data? I've not played SWF with the new DB but that looks like the old one.</p><p> </p><p> Either way looks good as a start. My issue with SWF is the lack of credible tag teams. So basically take whichever ME/s you have not doing much stick him/them in some tags with each other (ie Megapowers) or a rookie (ie Vengeance & Scythe) and that can really boost the division. I'd love to run a Remo/Primus Allen team!</p><p> </p><p> Oh and on the Khoklov front then it depends how long his contract is and how he can develop. If he's on a short contract and you can sign him to be full-time in 6 months there's no point jobbing him out even with DQ losses. His A* promos can be great every week on TV.</p><p> </p><p> Good luck!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Boltinho" data-cite="Boltinho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you playing with the 2013 or updated 2014 data? I've not played SWF with the new DB but that looks like the old one.<p> </p><p> Either way looks good as a start. My issue with SWF is the lack of credible tag teams. So basically take whichever ME/s you have not doing much stick him/them in some tags with each other (ie Megapowers) or a rookie (ie Vengeance & Scythe) and that can really boost the division. I'd love to run a Remo/Primus Allen team!</p><p> </p><p> Oh and on the Khoklov front then it depends how long his contract is and how he can develop. If he's on a short contract and you can sign him to be full-time in 6 months there's no point jobbing him out even with DQ losses. His A* promos can be great every week on TV.</p><p> </p><p> Good luck!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I think it is the old data, I don't mind too much really just wanted to play the Cverse lol. </p><p> </p><p> Yeah I looked over them yesterday and the teams are a bit sparse, I'll look at that its an excellent idea to develop talent and not have the main eventers complain due to not being used. </p><p> </p><p> My intention with Khoklov will be in the future to see if I can bring him in on a full time basis, the DQ is simply just as a story line purpose, he'll be kept strong and protected heavily, then following that DQ loss he'll be going on a massive win streak, may even hook him up with a female manager ala Rusev and Lana (I'm high on Rusev at the moment due to the major fact that Lana is smokin' hot) </p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the luck, I'll really try and drop in more often updating on my game seems alot more people on the board are likely to reply when its a Cverse mod and not an RW mod. </p><p> </p><p> As a help to me being out of the Cverse for a long while, who are the must have free agents? Mainstream Hernandez? Champaigne Lover?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Macca316" data-cite="Macca316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> As a help to me being out of the Cverse for a long while, who are the must have free agents? Mainstream Hernandez? Champaigne Lover?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Check out <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527399" rel="external nofollow">this thread.</a> In particular, the workers listed in Winter8905's post are probably the most common answers you'll get to that question.</p><p> </p><p> Also, check out the Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling roster. Their workers seem to be the most often stolen by SWF dynasty writers. Roger Cage also seems to show up in most of them.</p>

<p>You've already got some of the must-signs.</p><p> </p><p>

Primus Allen could be a major star in SWF.</p><p> </p><p>

Spencer Spade the same.</p><p> </p><p>

Bear Bekowski with the right destiny roll.</p><p> </p><p>

Ekuma has great SQ and charisma I think? A fun-loving, surfing, ass-kicking big man from Hawaii who goes absolutely bananas when someone calls him chicken? made for SWF.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Iceisle" data-cite="Iceisle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34914" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Check out <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527399" rel="external nofollow">this thread.</a> In particular, the workers listed in Winter8905's post are probably the most common answers you'll get to that question.<p> </p><p> Also, check out the Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling roster. Their workers seem to be the most often stolen by SWF dynasty writers. Roger Cage also seems to show up in most of them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cheers Ice</p>

Archived