Regional Rumble

Hello all

A couple of months ago we first started talking about organising a big MP dynasty. The 8row project is going to be great and in depth but there are some players on these boards that far prefer small companies and the rapid turnover that appears to be even more necessary in this version.

Certainly I find the game world developing more interesting than the same old workers in a slightly different storyline but that’s why the cverse is so great – there’s so much variety for people to play different ways.

So – originally the people signed up were:

20Legend MAW

SMWilliamns NYCW

Imarevenant PSW

Boltinho ACPW

Zergon FCW

Jingo BSC

MichiganHero 4C

Charasmatic Enigma CZCW

At least two of those now can’t make it and I’d certainly like to head down to Mexico rather than run ACPW so we might as well blow it all open.

If you’re on the list please can you let me know if you’re still interested and if so which company you’d like to run?

The idea is to only run monthly shows for now so we can move quite quickly.

In terms of timings tye game won’t get off the ground until the New Year – there’s too much going on for everyone in December and we all need to learn the new game too.

Thanks everyone

Which promotions are available now then, with people dropping out as I'd prefer someone else over MAW - since MAW are difficult to play since I mess with contracts to make sure they leave when the get signed elsewhere and that might be awkward in a multiplayer, so if there is any other promotion available I'd like to take them instead please, but I'm still in either way :)

OK gents

The roster is set as:

Boltinho EMLL

Michigan Hero IPW

Jingo TBC (Mexico?)

Zergon FCW or NYCW

20Legend TBC

Charismatic Enigma CZCW

I would suggest the following:

• User characters to be set as canon booker

• Shows to be run concurrently through the month and files passed only for shows to be run. So you'd just get them once per month each.

• With the new negotiations this shouldn't be a problem. Just do your negotiations on your first day and everyone will advance 3-4 days so you should be able to confirm.

• Before the game officially starts everyone will get the files with no advancement to set gimmick changes/turns, storylines, advance booking etc.

• Advance booking in game can only be set directly after a show. To simulate small companies doing a "Next month you can see..." announcement.

• Only standard match types, gimmicks, angles etc to be used.

• No rules on roster size, poaching or alliances. Do whatever you can get away with.

• Try to not change pictures unless absolutely necessary.

• Each player gets 3 full days per turn. A game this size is always going to run slowly I'm afraid but that should be sufficient and we'd get through a month every 2.5 weeks. plenty of time for planning/writing up/etc.

• No new players unless everyone is happy. And [assuming this works OK] not for the first year at all.

Any thoughts?

Really looking forward to reading this one! Just one thing I'd say

Only standard match types, gimmicks, angles etc to be used.

Any thoughts?

The 'only standard match types' is going to be nasty for anyone running certain feds - definitely IPW and possibly CZCW, not sure as I haven't played it in this version - because the fans won't like most of the matches due to 'very low' content risk. Might be worth allowing matches to be cloned with risk changed?

Good luck with this, it should be awesome to follow!

BY only standard matches, does that mean no once off big feud ending matches i.e ladder or street fight?

Guessing Boltinho just meant matches in the database rather than ones you'd created yourselves. My point (possibly badly expressed!) was that there seems to be a really low number of matches at anything other than 'very low' risk.

Like Jaded said I would assume Bolt meant that only matches, angles etc. that are in default database (so no angles/gimmicks that you made yourself).

I´m ok with those rules, but one question. What if one of my guys will get contract offer from National company or from someone I´m in war with.

Will I get the savegame instantly in case I want to make a counter offer or at least sign someone to replace the guy I will lose or do I have to wait until my next show? I´m not sure how this works in TEW2013 but in 2010 you had to make a counter offer or you lost your guy if another company you were in war with tried to sign one of your guys.

I´m ok with those rules, but one question. What if one of my guys will get contract offer from National company or from someone I´m in war with.

Will I get the savegame instantly in case I want to make a counter offer or at least sign someone to replace the guy I will lose or do I have to wait until my next show? I´m not sure how this works in TEW2013 but in 2010 you had to make a counter offer or you lost your guy if another company you were in war with tried to sign one of your guys.

Great question. I dont know how the mechanic works yet. Anyone seen it in action yet?

Guessing Boltinho just meant matches in the database rather than ones you'd created yourselves. My point (possibly badly expressed!) was that there seems to be a really low number of matches at anything other than 'very low' risk.

Good point. Why don't we allow anyone with a product that needs it to get a one time replicate-the-default-matches pass? So Enigma can copy as many of the matches as he needs and just call them CZCW XXX.

On that subject maybe one gimmick match per show (unless it's a specific "Steel Cage Challenge" type event)?

Any room for one more? Would love to come in as MAW.

Thanks for the interest but let's see how we do with 6 first. It's going to be tough enough as it is.

If and when we expand we'll certainly look at anyone who wants to participate.

Great question. I dont know how the mechanic works yet. Anyone seen it in action yet?

You get an email saying worker x has received an offer from promotion y. Unfortunately you don't get a specific pop up, just an email.

On this subject, what's everyone's view on being able to run an extra 'one off' show if you lose your top champion to a written contract, and you're more than a week away from your next scheduled show? Ideally I'd like to be able to run a quick 'unplanned' show to have the departing champion drop the belt. Obviously not necessary with Tag/Midcard belts, but with the top champion I always like to have them drop it on their way out. Thoughts?

Good point. Why don't we allow anyone with a product that needs it to get a one time replicate-the-default-matches pass? So Enigma can copy as many of the matches as he needs and just call them CZCW XXX.

On that subject maybe one gimmick match per show (unless it's a specific "Steel Cage Challenge" type event)?

Yay for a custom CZCW match, I have a set up I use for every CZCW game I do which is fun. I'll set up everything I need at my first show just for ease.

Can't wait for this to kick off :)

I'll probably have a set of IPW matches i.e. IPW 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 1 v 1 v 1 etc.

Just checking as I didn't realise this until I'd already done them all - you know you can create one then clone it, yeah? (Five minutes' time that was completely wasted for me!) :)

I did not know this. Thanks Jaded :)

Well, that's five minutes I'll save. Thanks for the tip Jaded. :)

Glad it wasn't just me who'd missed it! It's mentioned in Adam's last post in the developer's journal but there's so much incredible stuff in that one that I overlooked it completely. Then I needed to sort out matches for IPW, went through them one by one, and THEN noticed the 'clone match' button, clicked on it and went "Wow, that's awesome!" :)

Archived