SWF: Doing it for Charlie - The KP Avatar Story

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/endshiftresign/TEW%202013/KPAvatar.jpg

"Do it for Charlie."

Those are the words that have reverberated in my mind since I graduated from college and decided to turn pro. First of all, whom am I? My name is Kirk Patrick Avatar, but friends and family know me as KP. You may have heard of my older brother Charles. Everyone said he had the talent in the family, and to be honest, I was envious. I often resented him for his potential to be a big name in professional wrestling. He'd been wrestling on and off in his college days, picking up wins in the indie circuit and doing jobs for some of the larger promotions, just so he could pay for his college education. And he was doing the same thing as a recent graduate. But Charles cannot wrestle anymore. No, not when he's crippled for life, stuck in a wheelchair with only memories of what could have been a great career.

It all happened last year, just as I was about to graduate with honors from a well-known university in the Big Ten. Ah, yes. Michigan State University. Alma mater of Magic Johnson, Plaxico Burress and, unfortunately, Tony Mandarich. Charlie was wrestling in one of those large promotions, working a dark match because these days, people hate seeing jobbers on TV. Wrestling fans are smarter now - they know those guys are paid to lose and make the other guy look good. Charlie knew how to make the other guys look good alright - he was a heavily-recruited wrestler in high school, and a two-time state champion. He knew his stuff.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/endshiftresign/TEW%202013/CharlesAvatar.jpg

Unfortunately, the other wrestler, whose name I still couldn't bear to mention, didn't, at least on that fateful day in 2012. He wasn't exactly known for sloppy work, but as they say, s--- happens. It all happened so fast - the botched piledriver, my brother Charles writhing in pain, medics rushing to the ring and taking him out on a stretcher, the announcers commenting that it was a good thing this didn't happen during the show itself. What bothered me the most is that that worker, the guy who crippled my brother for life, he never bothered to apologize. Never visited Charlie at the hospital, never offered to pitch in even a single dime for his medical expenses. That's why I made it a point - I will never wrestle for the promotion this guy works for. And even if I was always the second-best wrestler in the family, I would turn pro and reach the heights my brother was supposed to reach. Because for all the resentment I had harbored at times, I had always loved him as family, as my occasional partner in crime, as the man who had inspired me to take up wrestling myself.

So that was it. After Charlie's injury, I decided to scrap my law school ambitions and enroll in another school - the school of sports entertainment hard knocks. In July of last year, I started doing independent shows. And I also started letting my personality shine through - while Charlie was always the strong, silent type, I was more of the class clown who got good enough grades to earn some sympathy from the teachers and avoid detention. I decided to let that side of my personality define my gimmick - a fun-loving goof in the mold of Elmo Benson and Groucho Bling, aka High Concept. And the fans LOVED it. Still, I had no idea that one day in December, I would be flown out to New York to discuss a potential contract with the Supreme Wrestling Federation.

The SWF? That's right, the biggest of the big names indeed. I was never much of an SWF fan growing up, but I had to admit it was a well-run company despite everything that had been said about Richard Eisen and his sons Eric and Jerry. You know Hannah Potter? She was a cheerleader at my high school in Detroit, and in some subjects, classmates with my older brother. Really pretty girl, although a lot of the guys Charlie and myself played football with wouldn't date her because she was such a prude...or so they say. But she was always nice to us, and having her in the same promotion could help me get adjusted. I knew for a fact that Christian Faith, Angry Gilmore and Steve Frehley were nice guys out of the ring and always willing to lend a hand to the younger, newer workers. and But then again, I also heard stories about the other guys. Negative stories. Big Smack Scott, in particular - up to now, it still boggles the mind as to why nobody has fired him for his disruptive personality and penchant for performance-enhancing drugs. Marc DuBois, I've heard, used to be a good kid. A bit mischievous to be sure, but not the type who'd get on anyone's bad side. Next thing I know he's losing his push and getting in trouble with both the law and Richard Eisen. What can one KP Avatar add to the SWF picture?

That's what I pondered as I sat down with Mr. Eisen and head booker Peter Michaels. And that was one of the main questions they asked me - what can I add to the SWF picture? What can I give them that they don't already have on their roster?

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOC - This will be my second TEW diary shared on the forums and while I cannot claim any higher than Opener status as far as diary-writers are concerned, I hope this will be a bigger success than "The New Kid from Nowhere", which was my rookie effort written during the twilight months of TEW 2010. Predictions and feedback are very much welcome on this diary. :)

And to give credit where credit is due, thanks to James Casey, Bigpapa42, Eisen-verse, angeldelayette and the other veteran diary writers on these forums for the entertaining reads and for inspiring me to give this thing a go.

Like "The New Kid from Nowhere", this diary will focus on an SWF rookie, but this time seeing things from the eyes of a newly-hired enhancement talent. I always play TEW as an owner, but for purposes of this diary all owner and booker decisions respectively will be credited to Richard Eisen and Peter Michaels.

Guess that's it for my introductory OOC post. More segments to follow within the week! :)

OOC - This will be my second TEW diary shared on the forums and while I cannot claim any higher than Opener status as far as diary-writers are concerned, I hope this will be a bigger success than "The New Kid from Nowhere", which was my rookie effort written during the twilight months of TEW 2010. Predictions and feedback are very much welcome on this diary. :)

And to give credit where credit is due, thanks to James Casey, Bigpapa42, Eisen-verse, angeldelayette and the other veteran diary writers on these forums for the entertaining reads and for inspiring me to give this thing a go.

Like "The New Kid from Nowhere", this diary will focus on an SWF rookie, but this time seeing things from the eyes of a newly-hired enhancement talent. I always play TEW as an owner, but for purposes of this diary all owner and booker decisions respectively will be credited to Richard Eisen and Peter Michaels.

Guess that's it for my introductory OOC post. More segments to follow within the week! :)

Awe you're at least a Lower Midcarder :D

In all seriousness, I am looking forward to this...your other SWF diary was very entertaining.

OOC - The New Kid from Nowhere's main character is back...sort of! Though he's not living every wrestling fan's dream by being some Joe Schmo picked by Richard Eisen to replace Peter Michaels as head booker, he's a "smark" columnist/blogger in this diary. Strangely, the only name I can think of for this column is "Apter-Thoughts", because this column is mostly storyline analysis from a smark's POV.

Thanks for the early feedback and support! Images to follow soon. :D

APTER-THOUGHTS

By Brian Candido

Friday, December 14, 2012

SWF 2013 PREVIEW - PART ONE

MULTIPLE CHOICE - A FOUR-WAY FIGHT FOR THE TITLE

Take your pick. You can stick with the defending World Heavyweight champion Steve Frehley, the Dark Destroyer. Or perhaps the Supreme Legend, Christian Faith, could be your sentimental favorite as he's aging quite well at 46, despite the reduced schedule. The Alpha Dog, Remo Richardson, held the belt for oh so short a time in 2011, and he's always had some sort of feud with Frehley. At 30 years of age, he's at the prime of his wrestling career. Lastly, don't count out Vengeance, the Unhinged One - he still may be good for one more run before physical decline really starts to set in. By the looks of things, Frehley will have his hands full at When Hell Freezes Over with any one of the three potential challengers. And if he loses the strap, I'm sure a lot of fans will be rooting for whoever beats him.

Nothing against Frehley, who's one of the strongest men in the SWF and an individual who doesn't take crap from anyone. But let's admit it - Remo's face would be what one would expect to see next to the Webster's Dictionary entry for "nasty." With his towering height and muscular build, Vengeance is still THE monster heel of the SWF. And Christian Faith...is Christian Faith. He may not be the anti-authority edgy babyface he was back in the day, but his softer-spoken image of recent years isn't any less intense. He is the Supreme Legend and, if you come to think of it, he hasn't had the World Heavyweight belt since 2005!

IT'S NOT EASY, EMMA...

...to have Jack Bruce out there trying to take down your Chase Agency. Sure, there may be strength in numbers - original member Brandon James, Jack "Rogue" Giedroyc and Paul Huntingdon - but with Bruce putting aside his feud with Rich Money to help Valiant out against the Agency, things could get really interesting. And there may be more allies coming to help out Bruce and Valiant, such as Bruce's musical proteges The Awesomeness, aka Jefferson Stardust and Huey Cannonball. Let's not forget their manager, Dawn the Cheerleader, who's still hurting over Rogue's defection to the Chase Agency back in 2010. I predict 2013 will be the Year of the Stable, and if there's going to be a face stable forming, there isn't anyone better to lead it than the Cream of the Crop, Jack Bruce.

Meanwhile, will the Agency take on some new members to keep their ranks strong in the event of a babyface alliance? I see a lot of heels out there whose careers need a shot in the arm.

GIVE IT UP, DOUBLE E...

Dear Mr. Supremacist (Eric Eisen),

Try as you may, and you have definitely made progress from your days as a somewhat-dorky comedy face who got some of the weakest pops in SWF history, you aren't main event material. You're doing quite well as the SWF's figurehead Commissioner, albeit one who steps into the ring from time to time. So please, put Angry Gilmore over when the time comes for him to defend his title. Put him in the hospital if you may, but please, don't ever think of wrapping that belt around your waist. Yes, I admit you were an entertaining World champ for seven months even if some of your title defenses were, how should I say this, the slightly raining excrement. But seriously, it's time to give it up and focus on making the most of what you have - good mic skills, an annoying high-pitched voice and a penchant for running backstage to avoid beatdowns from the SWF's babyface contingent. You're a great figurehead commish. But a great, believable worker worthy of Match of the Year contention, even on the losing side? Check my earlier comments.

Respectfully yours,

The Candy Man

HE'S RICHER THAN YOU, HE'S BETTER-LOOKING THAN YOU, HE CAN WRESTLE BETTER THAN YOU, BUT WHERE'S THE FEUD?

With Jack Bruce helping Valiant out against the Chase Agency, that has left Rich Money without anyone significant to feud with. Be that as it may, Money and Bruce are always going to hate each other or at least distrust each other if they're both on the babyface side, but the Money Man is finding himself with no feud to speak of for the first time since he turned heel and dropped his reclusive rich guy/lone wolf gimmick. He's still a viable contender for the World Heavyweight belt, but before he steps up to the plate and challenges again for the title, we're hoping he has a relevant feud with somebody first and not just let his beef with the inventor of Showtime bubble under for the meantime.

THE CLASS OF 2013

Compared to previous years, the SWF has a slightly larger lineup than usual, despite all the talk about pro wrestling falling out of favor to mixed martial arts, where the action is real and the results not predetermined. Expected to debut in the dark matches next month is KP Avatar, a 22-year-old rookie out of Detroit who has just five months' worth of independent wrestling under his belt. If the last name sounds familiar, that's because his brother is Charles Avatar, a one-time SWF, TCW and USPW jobber whose career ended tragically when he was rendered quadriplegic by (redacted) in a dark match earlier this spring. KP doesn't have his brother's athletic gifts or amateur wrestling background, but he garnered raves in the indies for his flashy intros and ability to work crowds.

There have been other names expected to sign with the SWF next month, but in the meantime, a few RIPW talents may be called up to the big leagues. Californian super-prospect Lenny Brown, former Tennessee-Martin basketball center-turned grappler Scythe and the Supreme Star, Spencer Spade are all possibilities at this point. Moving over to the managerial side of things, only Jessie's younger sister Kristen Pearce looks ready for the SWF. Rumor has it she'll be managing her sister's former charges, Quadruple B. Could this be the shot in the arm the aging and increasingly stale Biggins brothers sorely need?

We'll be back next week for another Apter-Thoughts as we look at the midcard scene, a man who has recently been limited to mere PPV appearances and perhaps some of our favorite jobbers. And if I somehow fail to mention your favorite SWF superstar next week, don't worry. It's not the end of the world.

This is looking really good! I will definitely be reading. Oh and thanks for mentioning me amongst all those legends. The check is in the mail. ;)

Dude, you should have sent it via PayPal! Post office service sucks in these parts. Seriously, not a problem at all! :D Great work BTW on the USPW diary. Haven't commented yet on there but I'm keeping tabs on it. Juggling work and TEW and the GDS forums isn't always the easiest thing to do...

Hopefully there'll be time for another segment before I head off to bed...at 5-something a.m. Manila time.

December 18, 2012

Mayor Street Arena

8:30 P.M.

My return flight to Detroit was booked for the 20th, so at least I had some time to enjoy the Big Apple and - at Mr. Eisen and Peter's request - join the rest of the boys, do some meeting and greeting with them, and watch Supreme TV from backstage, as it happened.

It was nice to see Hannah again for the first time since 2007. We exchanged pleasantries a bit, and she's every bit the prude my old football teammates said she was. She did tell me she recently got into a shouting match with Marcus McKing over ring attire. Anyway, she introduced me to the lady who was going to be my manager effective next month - Dawn the Cheerleader.

"Hey, KP! Hannah told me a lot about you. Said you used to do those touchdown dances back in high school. Is that where the Dr. Funkenstein name comes from?"

"Yeah, sort of. Even back then I was working the crowds. Different dance for a different opponent. But I dunno, I think I'm dropping the rapping and dancing gimmick. It's too, you know...Death Row with a touch of High Concept." I loved High Concept, as you may know, but Knuckles and Shady K? Good f---ing riddance, pardon my French. During those rare times I'd watch Supreme TV back then, I'd always change the channel when Death Row were on.

"I'm sure you'll think of something soon. See you around, KP!"

And so we went our separate ways as I continued touring the Mayor Street Arena backstage area by myself. Peter was too busy making sure everyone knew what to do out there while Mr. Eisen was back in New York, perhaps pulling overtime and preparing to watch Supreme TV from the office. So while I'm minding my own business here, I might as well start thinking of a gimmick. Peter and Mr. Eisen had let me pass up on part of that "what can you add to the SWF picture" question during the contract signing/"job interview", but they agreed with me - I had good charisma to overshadow my lack of technical skill, but I had to lose the rapper gimmick I used in the indies. Even if my raps were done with faux Rage Against the Machine riffs as my ring music.

And then I smelled it.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/endshiftresign/TEW%202013/MarcDuBois.jpg

Oh, I knew that smell indeed. Eleventh grade shop class memories, although that was the first and only time I ever tried that "stuff." While the road agents and Peter Michaels are away, the magic dragon will puff all day. Or something like that. Geez, I better stop thinking in terms of freestyle rapping if I'm going to drop that gimmick.

Strong arms pulled me inside the men's room as I was asked to watch the door.

"Hey, rookie dude. You're not gonna tell, r-r-right? I could lose my job for this."

"No, absolutely not." Marc DuBois was too stoned to be threatening, though I knew he'd at least throw his B-game out there versus American Machine.

"You want some?"

"No thanks."

"Aw, come on, rookie, this is, like...the best kind of hazing you can get!"

"I think I'm gonna pass. Might have a few beers after the show. But I don't do that stuff."

"Have it your way, man. I'm, like...warning you. Hazing around here, dude...it's like...you know...Oh, man...I am soooo baked."

Rookie hazing, huh? How typical, but nothing to worry my head about until January. I was actually more worried somebody, perhaps Chief Two Eagles, would barge in there and smell the reefer. But as I learned later that night, as long as you don't get a positive result in the random tests, as long as Mr. Eisen isn't traveling with the workers, you can do as you please backstage. Call me a narc if you may, but I believe that's got to change sometime.

Since snitching never was, and never will be my thing, I'm going to let what happened in the backstage men's room at Mayor Street stay at the backstage men's room at Mayor Street.

APTER-THOUGHTS

By Brian Candido

Friday, December 21, 2012

SWF 2013 PREVIEW - PART TWO

Hey, I'm alive, so what about the rest of you reading this here wrestling column? I told you the Mayans were wrong. Anyway, here's the second part of our SWF preview for the upcoming year. And as promised, we'll be talking about the rest of the guys - those who often make the Jack Bruces, Remos, Rich Moneys and Steve Frehleys of the SWF world look good. Not to mention this one guy who will be relegated to the PPV scene for reasons only known to Richard Eisen and Peter Michaels.

THE ALL-AMERICAN SNOOZEFEST

If I wanted to see an All-American patriot type in the ring, I'd watch Valiant, who's finally getting the push he has long deserved. Des Davids, the former USPW blue-chipper, may not be "Remo Jr." as some are still calling him, but he's a physical specimen who's got the tools to make a Patriot gimmick - or most other gimmicks, for that matter - work in the ring. Sadly, I cannot say the same about American Machine, who's just about as bland as his real name, Dean Ansell. Even Marat Khoklov, whom we'll be dealing with later, could do a more convincing job yelling "USA! USA!" to work the crowd.

Such a pity about their manager BJ O'Neill. She looks great, no question about that. Loved her photo shoot for SWF Magazine some time back. Unfortunately, she has all the personality of a damp rag, which puts her in the same boat as American (zzzzz) Machine.

THE REST OF THE TAG TEAM SCENE

Nobody does risque like Frederique Antonio Garcia. Now that he's teaming with James Prudence, the midcards have gained one helluva entertaining tag team that thinks they're God's gift to women. The Platinum Blondes and the party-hearty Amazing Bumfholes are currently the top contenders for the All-Americans' tag team belts, and according to my sources, the latest attempt to revitalize Joe Sexy's stagnant career will have him forming a stable (told 'ya 2013 may be the Year of the Stable!) with the Platinum Blondes. Ladies, these are the men your parents warned you about. As for the Bumfholes, they've been slowly (and I mean slowly) climbing up the SWF ladder, and 2013 may be the year they break out as elite competitors. Then again, I said that for 2010. And 2011. And 2012. If worse comes to worst, I imagine them feuding lengthily with the Platinum Blondes, regardless whether either team becomes Tag Team champion.

The Hero Squad - Captain Atomic and Jungle Lord - connect well with the kids, but they're no Lobster Warrior. Odds are the Awesomeness, the Pain Alliance and Quadruple B will lose a lot in 2013. But you never know. Unfortunately, my sources weren't able to catch wind of any potential tag team alliances for early 2013, but Richard Eisen appears to be trying to sign a couple existing tag teams to keep the competition interesting.

TROUBLE MEN

Ten years from now, either Big Smack Scott, Kurt Laramee or Marc DuBois will write a book that should be the wrestling world's equivalent of Motley Crue's classic tale of debauchery, The Dirt. After all, their world seemingly revolves around sex (with ring rats), drugs (PEDs for Scott, while "Doobie" DuBois' offstage nickname is self-explanatory) and rock 'n' roll/alcohol. Just this Tuesday, several unnamed workers reported smelling marijuana in the men's room backstage at Mayor Street Arena. Could this be DuBois' third - and last - strike before Richard Eisen finally gives him the pink slip? He's young and talented, but he'd be wise not to squander the numerous chances the SWF has given him to shape up.

Laramee is, for the most part, Scott's sidekick as the backstage area's biggest bully and most uncalled-for when it comes to ribs, or pranks. I'm not surprised that AAA valet Cat Jemson dumped him back when Laramee joined the SWF in 2007. And Big Smack Scott is a man who needs no introduction. Ever notice that as he grows bigger, his promos get much harder to understand? And yes, he still kicks every one of them off with the words "Let me tell you something." Newsflash, BSS - it's 2013, not 1988!

WHERE DO THEY GO FROM HERE?

Now here are some workers who need more help from creative than others. Lobster Warrior is pushing 40 and still has main event talent, but when will he eschew that damn lobster costume and be himself for a change? It worked out well for Jumbo Shrimp/Jumbo Jackson. Squeeky McClean's also on the wrong side of 30 and in need of some juicy storyline involvement. He can't keep cutting those straight-edge vignettes forever. Moving a bit down the card, Enforcer Roberts' future looks to be head trainer at RIPW. Everest is a personal Peter Michaels favorite, which I can't quite understand. Okay, USPW, here's the deal. We'll hand over Everest on a silver platter while we get Darryl Devine and Elizabeth Cartier. No, I don't think that's actually going to happen, but I can always dream, right?

So far we've only mentioned the old guys, but John Greed and Robbie Retro need some momentum building as well. I still see Greed as a potential breakout star, perhaps as someone's right-hand man or part of a stable. Retro, on the other hand, is still working that Disco Stud gimmick which hasn't stopped him from being turned into a jobber to the stars.

AND LAST, BUT DEFINITELY NOT THE LEAST...

Marat Khoklov, Y U NO WRESTLE IN SUPREME TV? We still don't know why Khoklov's contract now stipulates he only work at pay-per-view shows. Some say it's related to his continued inability to grasp the English language. Others blame his limited appeal beyond randomly destroying workers as somebody's enforcer. But whatever the case is, we'll be keeping a close eye on what the booking team has planned for Khoklov at When Hell Freezes Over.

OOC - Another appearance from a former writing pseudonym I was once assigned, albeit with a different first name. :p This is my first attempt at simulating a shoot interview, and there should be more of these in this diary as I attempt to add more to the back stories...

PRO WRESTLING HITS PRESENTS - STRAIGHT SHOOTERS

By Dennis Kletsky

Saturday, December 29, 2012

THEY'VE BEEN RICK-ROLLED (OUT OF THE SWF!) - AN INTERVIEW WITH GROUCHO, DEATH ROW AND THE WILDBOYZ (PART 1)

It wasn't too long ago when these five men were part of the largest, most popular wrestling promotion in the world, the Supreme Wrestling Federation. Now they're five men without a steady wrestling job, except Greg "Groucho Bling" Black, who had signed a pay-per-appearance deal with Mitch Naess' Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling in 2011. While I thought it would be hard to get two of these former SWF superstars, let alone all five of them, in the same room, I was able to pull it off Thursday, as I conducted this exclusive interview with one-time SWF midcarders Akima Brave and Kid Toma (The Samoan Wildboyz) and Greg Black (one half of High Concept) and lower-card tag team Death Row (Knuckles and Shady K). And since we met in the evening over beers at a Pittsburgh sports bar - Greg had a show to do the following evening - the conversation was wild, wacky and out of control. Nonetheless, this was one of the most fun interviews I had ever conducted and for that, I thank these "Five Men Down" - Greg Black, Peter "Knuckles" Roach, Karl "Shady K" Thompson, Malilii "Akima Brave" Umaga and Tama "Kid Toma" So'oialo.

Pro Wrestling Hits - First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for taking the time to do this interview.

Greg Black - It was my pleasure. Been wanting to get some things off my chest for a while.

(Several of the others nod their heads in agreement.)

PWH - For the benefit of those who haven't been following the behind-the-scenes action, what led to your exit from the SWF?

Shady K - I'll handle this.

Knuckles - F--- Richard Eisen!

SK - Pete, there's no need for profanity. (laughs) But f--- Richard f---ing Eisen! (laughs even louder) So we were supposed to be two street hoodlums from the Bronx, right? Takin' no s--- from no one, rapping at a sub-Vanilla Ice level as if it was supposed to be the baddest thing since NWA.

K - It wasn't the baddest. It was the WORST!

SK - Assuming that all black guys know how to rap.

GB - Hey! Lemme give that a shot. (tries to imitate Death Row's entrance) Death Row in the motherbleepin' house, y'all! Shady K in the house, with my main man Knuckles, we're gonna make you cry uncle, slam y'all on the turnbuckle...

Akima Brave - That was lame, man. No, not Greg's rap, 'cause that was pretty good. I mean the whole rappin' street thug gimmick. And the lyrics!

Kid Toma - Who wrote that s--- anyway?

SK - Peter Michaels. (laughs) Lifelong country music fan writing a rap song.

PWH - We were supposed to talk about why Death Row left the SWF, right?

K - Right! Right! Sorry about that, Dennis. (laughs) Karl?

SK - So we had this crap gimmick, we were supposed to be nasty SOBs from the wrong side of the tracks. But here's the thing. They never made us anybody's enforcers. I think that would've been cool, if we'd work for Brandon James and Emma Chase...

K - MARRY ME, EMMA!!! Dude, she and Sammy Bach split up, didn't they?

SK - Shut up, Pete!

KT - Off-topic, man. Keep fillin' him in, Shady K!

SK - I'd say Peter Michaels is a genius. He's written some classic stuff as head booker, head of creative. But he dropped the ball with us. He knew we weren't the best workers out there, but he never assigned us a manager, he never put us in any hot storylines or made us part of a stable, and when he turned us face...

K - S---, man. The whole "You can make a difference like us" BS.

SK - That was the final straw. We hated that more than the gangsta rapper gimmick.

K - But it didn't go over. We didn't get much of a pop as gangstas, so what the hell made Michaels think we'd go over as faces tryin' to keep kids off the streets?, with no explanation as to why we're suddenly good guys?

SK - So that's why they fired us. Because it was, in their opinion, our fault we couldn't go over. By the end of our run, we had the classic jobber entrance.

K - No ring music, no rapping, no nothing. At least that was a relief, not having to do that stupid rap.

SK - It was their fault, man. They had other people in mind.

AB - F---ing Eisen and Michaels wanted to push Everest first.

KT - That went pretty well, didn't it? (laughs sarcastically)

PWH - Who else do you feel got too much attention at your expense? This is a general question, so anyone can answer.

GB - Fabio. And his goody-goody manager who thinks she's too hot even to be complimented about anything.

SK - Who the f--- is Fabio? (pauses) Oh! I get it. Valiant and Hannah.

KT - Dude, Valiant's okay, but he can be a bit too pushy at times when it came to the booking thing. He'd often be like, "Peter, why didn't you use me at the last Supreme TV?"

PWH - Anyone else?

AB - I'm gonna give you a clue here. They used to be managed by the wife of one of the big stars.

PWH - Quadruple B?

KT - Yeah! Quadruple B! No disrespect to Bart and Brett, but they're like cockroaches. Who else has been in the SWF longer than the Biggins brothers?

GB - Christian Faith? Richard Eisen?

AB - Don't get me started, Greg. If you want a bromance, try Faith and Eisen.

KT - Again, I don't want to rag on them since they're nice guys, but they'll be the first to tell you all that leaping and flying has caused them to slow down.

PWH - I believe they're where the Wildboyz and Death Row used to be - not just jobbers to the stars, but jobbers to everybody.

AB - Serves them right!

KT - Don't mind Akima, he's, he's...

AB - He's what? You know what I mean, Toma. The Biggins brothers used their connection with Angry Gilmore, whom Rick Eisen loves, to get a new lease on life every f---ing time. Tom'(Angry Gilmore's real name) and Jessie are okay, though, consummate professionals. I'm sure we all agree on that. But even cats have less lives than Quadruple B or the Biggz Boyz or whatever you want to call them!

KT - I still insist. Bart and Brett aren't that bad.

AB - Whatever.

PWH - Moving over to the Wildboyz, was the reason for your firing similar to that of Knuckles and Shady K?

AB - Rick Eisen never liked our accents.

KT - I don't think that was the case. I was always injured and s---, and like Death Row, creative couldn't think of crap for us except have us step out there as arrogant young blue-chippers without a storyline to back up our arrogance...

AB - Geez, Toma, you've got to admit it, Eisen only likes it when the accents are used for comical effect. Like Jungle Lord.

GB (imitating Jungle Lord) - JUNGLE LORD WIN! Hoo-hoo-hoo-HAAAAAAA!!!

AB - Dude, we speak better English than ten Marat Khoklovs combined!

K - Whoa, man, that's a whole lotta Khoklov. (sings a bastardized version of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love") I want a whole lotta Khoklov! ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

KT - Still, I don't think it was that.

AB - Toma...

KT - Dude, lemme finish this. Dennis, the reason why the Wildboyz were pushed out of the SWF...

K - No, man, RICK-ROLLED out of the SWF, get it? (is now singing Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" off-key) Never gonna give you up...

ALL (now singing) - Never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you...

PWH - Boys, if we can have a little order here, I know the beer is flowing like water and all, but we were discussing how the Wildboyz got canned...

KT - Sorry about that, man. Anyway, it was similar to Knucks and Shady K over here. No hot storyline, no big push, Biggins brothers and Everest overstaying their welcome.

PWH - What about you, Greg? Any interesting story as to why you got fired?

GB - Nah, not really.

PWH - You did say you wanted to get stuff off your chest, right?

GB - Really, man, it has nothing to do with push or other workers...

PWH - Sorry I have to push this, no pun intended, but you name-dropped Valiant earlier, didn't you?

GB (taking a deep breath and a long drink from his beer) - Alright, alright. Here's the deal. It all started when Benny (Benson) left the SWF in October '09. We were supposed to turn heel together and become bitter veterans. We were supposed to be doing what the Biggins' are doing now, only with a better push at that time. But Eisen and Michaels were like, "You should both remain faces! The fans love you! You're great role models!"

SK - Yeah, like two street thugs who reformed overnight and wanted to "make a difference."

GB - So Benny decided that was it, he's going to L.A. where he remains up to this day, working a similar gimmick but nonetheless happier. Tommy (Cornell) takes care of his talented midcarders, I can tell you that.

PWH - What happened after Benny left for TCW?

GB - Groucho Bling died. He was replaced by the indescribably dull Gregory Black. Dude, they could've at least tried. And here's why I had to bring up Fabio, er...Valiant earlier. When Benny left, I told Michaels it would be a neat idea if I'd be paired up with Hannah and we both worked as heels.

SK - Admit it, Greg, you had a boner for Ms. Potter...

GB (returning briefly to his earlier playful mood) - SHUT THE F--- UP, KARL THOMPSON! (clears his throat) Anyway, she was fresh from Rhode Island back then. We were hittin' it off...

SK - I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! (exchanges hi-fives with Knuckles)

GB - But Tricky Ricky had the bright idea of pairing her with Valiant who was, even then, a huge hit with the ladies in the crowd but not too over with the male audience. (takes another gulp from his beer) Because sex sells, even if it's a pretty girl who refuses to wear skimpy ring outfits, they wanted Valiant and Hannah to team up so that he could be more over with the men. They pretty much told me to go f--- myself and see where the Bitter Veteran gimmick would go.

K - Biggest abortion of 2009.

KT - They were still cheering Greg despite his attempts to be surly and mean. They still knew and loved him as Groucho.

GB - I wasn't allowed to do promos, I wasn't allowed to beat down on workers after defeating them, I wasn't allowed any buildup whatsoever. So there you have it - I remained a colorless face till 2011, until they mercy-killed me off. Unlike the others, I was actually glad when they fired me. But it could've been better, you know? If Eisen and Michaels only listened to Benny, this wouldn't have happened.

NEXT - The five ex-SWF superstars discuss how they see the SWF at the present and what they predict for the promotion's future!

OOC - Thanks! :D Too lazy to start working, so I guess I'm going to go straight into the next part of the shoot...

PRO WRESTLING HITS PRESENTS - STRAIGHT SHOOTERS

By Dennis Kletsky

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

THEY'VE BEEN RICK-ROLLED (OUT OF THE SWF!) - AN INTERVIEW WITH GROUCHO, DEATH ROW AND THE WILDBOYZ (PART 2)

Last Saturday, I posted the first part of the transcript of my alcohol-fueled interview with Greg "Groucho Bling" Black, Peter "Knuckles" Roach, Karl "Shady K" Thompson, Malillii "Akima Brave" Umaga and Tama "Kid Toma" So'oialo. Together they told tales about their respective exits from the SWF - most of them delivered with equal parts laughter and bitterness. But life has got to go on for these men, even without the major television exposure of the SWF and the high-living lifestyle a lot of them enjoyed when they were part of Richard Eisen's lineup. For Greg Black, I know exactly what he's doing - he's in the PSW as one of Mitch Naess' top attractions. But what have Knuckles, Shady K, Akima Brave and Kid Toma been up to? How do these men see the SWF in 2013? Do they have any plans of returning, if asked? The answers are in the second part of the interview - and here it is!

Pro Wrestling Hits - Greg, you've been competing in the PSW since 2011, right?

Greg Black - Absolutely. Mitch is doing a wonderful job here in Pittsburgh. It's not quite DaVE, but it's getting there.

Akima Brave - We were actually able to make the interview because Greg referred us. It's been mostly indie shows for Toma and myself.

Kid Toma - But we can't live off our SWF separation pay forever, which is, at this point, almost gone.

PWH - What about you two, Knuckles and Shady K? How's life been since leaving the SWF?

Knuckles - I paint houses now. (sighs) Doesn't pay much, but at least it's a lot less painful than getting Jungle Jack Jammer-ed night in and night out.

Shady K - Or being on the receiving end of Old Glory! (laughs)

K - We also work in the indie circuit from time to time.

SK (bashfully) - I did some odd jobs myself, and not the wrestling kind of jobs. But I'm taking community college courses to keep myself busy. Such is your best option if your grades sucked so badly in high school because you kept watching the SW-f---ing-F...among other extra-curriculars.

K - Rock 'n' roll, booze, girls, football, SWF, bad grades and more SWF. Story of my high school life.

SK - Pardon me if I go into my Shady K face character for a bit. (pretends to throw up) If there are high school kids reading this interview when you publish it, I'd insist you go to college because there ain't anything sure in the wrestling biz.

GB - Be like me! I think I'm the only college graduate in this here table...

PWH - Me too, actually. But that was great advice, Karl. Anyway, how do you guys see the SWF right now? And do you have any plans of going back if Richard Eisen asked you to?

SK - Call it burning bridges, but Pete and myself, we're united on this. F--- RICHARD EISEN!!!

K - Hey, Tommy C! Hey, Mr. Stragavelli! We're free agents! Pick us! Pick us!

SK - Anywhere but the SWF, man.

GB - I'd go back if they'd only admit refusing to turn High Concept into a heel tag team was a mistake.

AB - Not a chance. As long as they're giving midcard pushes to people like Dean (Ansell, aka American Machine), (Big Smack) Scott, (Kurt) Laramee, Elmer (Kelly, aka Everest) and those f---ing Biggins brats, Richard Eisen can kiss my ass.

KT - I'd go back, though. Don't see how it will hurt me.

AB - There you go again, Toma. Have you forgotten about all the promises Eisen broke? When we signed he was like, "You're going to be in the main event by 2008! You're going to be up there with Christian Faith and Jack Bruce and Marc DuBois!" So much for that!

(Greg Black makes puffing gestures as if he was smoking a joint, then lets out an uproarious laugh.)

KT - Quit seeing the glass as half-empty, Malilii! UFA!!!

(At this point, Akima Brave and Kid Toma start arguing in Samoan. Fortunately, it isn't anything major and they return to their mostly jovial moods in a few minutes.)

PWH - Okay, moving on. What's your take on the SWF landscape at the present? How do you see the SWF in, say, about a year or two from now?

GB - That's a tough question, man. I think the SWF still offers the best when it comes to entertainment. If you want 40-minute iron man matches every Tuesday, go watch Wolf Hawkins and Rocky Golden over at TC-Dub, but SWF is all about entertainment. Despite what happened after Benny jumped ship, I respect Rick and Peter for keeping Supreme popular. And the workers aren't bad either. The future? I think creative has to look into that. There are too many guys pushing 30 or a few years past 30, guys like John Greed, the Bumfholes, Des Davids, guys who need to get pushed before they grow old in their midcard roles.

AB - Next question, please. I couldn't give a flying f---.

KT - I agree with Greg. Too many older guys on top, it's about time the SWF gave the younger guys a shot.

GB - I heard they signed this kid from Detroit, KP Avatar.

SK - Charles' brother? S---, such a tragedy. Didn't know he had a brother who can wrestle.

GB - And you know the cool thing about that? Not only is this KP kid supposedly a natural with his promos...he actually looks up to me! Dawn told me.

K - Stop bulls---ting me, Groucho.

GB - No s---, man! He's gonna be Dawn the Cheerleader's newest client. He's on the right track. I'd like to see him become another Groucho Bling, although other gimmicks wouldn't hurt. Not the Bitter Veteran thing, though.

AB - Of course not! (laughs) He's only, like...how old is he?

PWH - Twenty-two.

SK - He should STAY THE F--- AWAY FROM THE RAPPER GIMMICK! Unless he can rap, that is. I know I can't.

AB - But KP's time won't be now. He'll have to start at the bottom with Spencer Spade and all those other so-called blue-chippers below 25.

KT - Creative's got to give a chance to the Greeds, the Bumfholes, heck, even those two longhairs from Canada...who are they again?

PWH - The Awesomeness. Huey Cannonball and Jefferson Stardust. Does Death Row have any take on the SWF's present and future?

SK - Knowing Eisen, he'll always find a way to keep Faith and the other geezers on top. And I doubt he'll ever be interested in a youth movement. Unless you're a freak of athletic nature like Remo or a guy with Incredible Hulk strength and decent camera presence like Steve Frehley, all the 30-and-below guys will be doomed to the midcards and below.

K - That's one reason why we don't wanna go back.

SK - Because if you're young, you've got to be in the top 5 percent of young wrestlers in terms of the total package, whatever the f--- that really means, if you want a good push in the SWF.

AB - Between the oldster-pushing idiots in Supreme and the freak show that is the USPW, it looks like TC-Dub is my best hope now...

KT - Requirements for an instant USPW job - basketball player height, football player build, preferably 40 and above. Wrestling skills and athleticism are 100 percent optional.

(The entire table has a good laugh over Kid Toma's assessment of Sam Strong's "land of the giants" setup at the USPW.)

PWH - So I gather, Wildboyz, that you're lobbying for a...

GB - Lobby? (douses himself with a glass of water and dances around) Let's make it snappy, little Lobbys, we're gonna cause a commotion in the ocean!

PWH - Oh, Greg. You were always better as Groucho than as Gregory.

GB - I guess I am, Dennis. I guess I am. Guess the Groucho gimmick wasn't that bad after all. (continues his Lobster Warrior impersonation) Who wants to hear my Big Smack Scott? (is now impersonating Big Smack Scott) Wemme telljah summpin', Angwy Giwwmah, when I knock thah crap outtaya widd thah Ego Trip...

PWH - Great. Now I lost track of what I was supposed to ask. Ah, right. Akima, Toma, judging by your stance against the SWF and the USPW, you're hoping for a shot at Hollywood, right?

KT - I don't mind returning to the SWF. Akima does.

AB - I wouldn't call it lobbying, but if we'd have a choice, we'd opt for TCW. That's a promotion that values wrestlers who can actually WORK quite well.

K - And the SWF is a promotion that values wrestlers who can work AND entertain. And if you're below 30 and couldn't do one or both of those things? Tough s---, kiddo.

PWH - I think that'll be all I need for this interview. Guys, it was really great to have you all over. Shall we all drink to that, and to a brand new year?

And that was it. End of a "barnstormer" of an interview, but not the end of the evening, as we spent the next couple hours downing beers and talking about everything and anything wrestling and non-wrestling related. SWF Supreme TV returns to the air on Tuesday, but will we be seeing one of these men back on the show someday? Only time will tell.

January 8, 2013

Iowa State Fayre

7:45 P.M.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/endshiftresign/TEW%202013/PeterMichaels.jpg

Peter Michaels was in a pensive mood as he prepared to address us minutes before the start of the first dark match.

"Today we shall be kicking off another year of Supreme Wrestling Federation action. Oh, I know what you're thinking, this is going to be yet another new year's pep talk from me, where I tell you all to give your 110 percent like some hackneyed football coach probably did years ago. But I've got some announcements to make."

Marc DuBois, who was standing at the back, was avoiding eye contact. A few of the other workers were snickering. But I was too caught up in this moment, just minutes away from my SWF debut, too nervous to laugh at having been the guy who stood watch for Marc last month as he got himself wasted before a show.

"Some of you probably know what this is about." Peter strolled over to a whiteboard, grabbed a marker, and wrote the word "DRUGS" in big black letters.

"I've got good news and bad news. Good news first. Everybody's starting off with a clean slate in 2013. Richard wasn't for it, but I fought for this. I know what it's like to be flying eight miles high because I've been there. Never got addicted to any of those forbidden fruits, but that's what the decadent '80s and a territorial promotion can do to you. You're young, you're naive, the world is your oyster, so you experiment. But you know what I learned about drugs? I don't want to be telling you something your parents, teachers, coaches, girlfriends and/or wives probably did so many times before, but drugs f--- you up. They don't do you no good, especially in a physically demanding sport like this is."

"It's not sports, Peter, it's sports entertainment!", yelled James Prudence, trying to play the funny man. Like me, he had that "class clown" air about him.

"Very funny, Jimmy," Peter replied, continuing his pep talk slash sermon.

"Anyway, I'm starting y'all off clean for 2013 because I want to give everybody a chance to police themselves as responsible adults and UNDERSTAND the consequences of drug use. And that brings us to the bad news."

The sneaky smile on Marc DuBois' face was slowly disappearing.

"The bad news, at least for those who love their forbidden substances, is that we're ramping up tests ever since those reports came in of somebody in this locker room smoking marijuana before the December 18 show. Let's forget about that, okay? I'm sure most of you know who he is. But the bottom line is, there will be more random tests. And the punishments shall be a little more severe. For soft drugs which include, but are not limited to marijuana and performance-enhancing drugs which include, but are not limited to steroids, first offense will merit a fine worth 25 percent of your paycheck. No, it's not 20 percent anymore."

"TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT?!?!?", groaned an unapologetic Big Smack Scott. "S---, I better start saving."

Peter pretended not to hear Scott's comment and continued on with the list of punishments. "Second offense for soft drugs and PEDs will merit a one-month suspension without pay AND one to two weeks in Rhode Island, with your regular pay."

DuBois, the other notorious "druggie" on the roster, finally reacted, although he kept his voice low so that Peter couldn't hear him, or so he thought. "Two weeks' rehab? Man, nobody gets addicted to reefer."

"That might be true, Marc, but you know damn well how things work in the SWF," said Peter, who had indeed heard everything. "But it's not rehab. That two weeks would be enforced time in developmental. And I don't care if you're a big star like Christian Faith or a rookie like KP Avatar..."

He said my name! Of course he did. Who else would Peter reference, since I'm the only rookie in the lineup so far?

"...if you get caught twice, you don't work for a month, you don't get paid for a month and you get to work in the RIPW for a couple weeks upon your return. Think of it as community service. Third offense for soft drugs and PEDs, of course, means you're fired. No questions asked, no second chances. As for hard drugs, which include, but are not limited to cocaine, heroin, PCP, hallucinogenics and...bath salts..."

Peter couldn't help but gulp upon mentioning the name of the last drug.

"...first offense merits one month suspension without pay and enforced drug rehabilitation, and upon your return, you will work dark matches and B-shows, if applicable, but no televised matches on Supreme TV for one month. Second offense, you're fired, no questions asked, no second chances. Are we all clear on the new, improved drug policies of the SWF?"

We all yelled our assent, as some of us, myself included, started jumping up and down to get psyched up for the first Supreme TV of 2013.

"Very good. Now I'm gonna make the pep talk part of this short and sweet. Let's GO OUT THERE AND GIVE DUANE FRY SOME BARNSTORMERS!!!"

As the veterans of the SWF left the locker room whooping it up and excited for the year's first show, I started thinking to myself in silent meditation. This is it, KP. It's a dark match to be sure, but this is Supreme. Forget about those nerves, stop worrying about the rookie hazing, just give it what you got and you'll be fine. You won't be appearing on TV anyway.

And most of all, KP, do it for your brother. Do it for Charlie.

OOC - Really appreciate the feedback, but it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty of things. Without further ado, here's the first Supreme TV card for 2013! Feel free to make those predictions as I'll be posting the results over the weekend, hopefully tomorrow. A lot of them may look like gimme's, but there may be a few surprises along the line...

I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to do it the JC way and have some really detailed match recaps. Definitely not my forte, at least not yet. But the angles will be fleshed out to the best of my capability, with "transcripts" of worker rants and all that good stuff.

And if you're wondering why there are seven matches, I've decided to make Supreme TV 120 minutes from the get-go.

SWF Supreme TV

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 (Week 1)

Iowa State Fayre

Dark Matches:

The Amazing Bumfholes vs Quadruple B

K.P. Avatar vs Big Smack Scott

Marshall Dillon vs Joe Sexy

Supreme TV:

The Awesomeness vs The Platinum Blondes - #1 Contender match for World Tag Team titles

Lobster Warrior vs Marc DuBois

Hero Squad vs Brandon James and Paul Huntingdon

Angry Gilmore vs John Greed

Jack Bruce vs Rogue

Christian Faith vs Remo vs Vengeance - #1 Contender match for World Heavyweight title

Steve Frehley © vs Rich Money - for World Heavyweight title

Dark Matches:

Supreme TV:

The Awesomeness vs The Platinum Blondes - #1 Contender match for World Tag Team titles - I love the Awesomeness, but I'm struggling to see EITHER of these as contenders in the SWF. Still, I love the Awesomeness, so let's go with them.

Lobster Warrior vs Marc DuBois - DuBois doesn't seem too likely to get a push given his 'issues' in 2013.

Hero Squad vs Brandon James and Paul Huntingdon - I tend to pick the regular team over two solo stars, but hard to go with Jungle Lord and Captain Atomic when they're facing Big Money.

Angry Gilmore vs John Greed - Two of my favourite SWF guys here. Now is the time for Gilmore.

Jack Bruce vs Rogue - Let's go Giedroyc in a mild upset.

Christian Faith vs Remo vs Vengeance - #1 Contender match for World Heavyweight title - You gotta have FAITH!

Steve Frehley © vs Rich Money - for World Heavyweight title - No world title change this early, surely.

Dark Matches:

Supreme TV:

The Awesomeness vs The Platinum Blondes - #1 Contender match for World Tag Team titles

Jack Bruce vs Rogue

Christian Faith vs Remo vs Vengeance - #1 Contender match for World Heavyweight title

Dark Matches:

The Bumfholes win as they move their way up the card even through dark matches.

BSS picks up the win over the user character.

Joe Sexy walks away with the victory.

Supreme TV:

The tag titles are held by faces, therefore, we need heels to battle them.

Picking the upset here. Why? Because of what may end up happening if DuBois gets pushed and then gets busted backstage. Makes for an entertaining happening.

Can anyone beat the Chase Agency?

Is Angry still angry now that he's a face?

Jack Bruce vs Rogue

It wouldn't completely shock me to see Rogue pull out the victory. My better guess, though, is to see Jack Bruce win by DQ.

At the beginning of TEW 2010 it was Vengeance and Steve Frehley in an opening storyline. Perhaps you are looking to re-visit that.

Sports Entertainment style of no-finish here. Frehley keeps the belt and RIch Money still looks strong.

SWF Supreme TV

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 (Week 1)

Iowa State Fayre

Dark Matches:

Supreme TV:

Jack Bruce vs Rogue

Enjoying this so far, 3rdStringPG. My only 'complaint' would be that I sometimes found it difficult to follow who was talking in the shoot interview because of the switching between real names and ring names. It would probably have been easier to read if the full name was written out before each line (as you did at the beginning) rather than an abbreviation and then at least I wouldn't keep forgetting what KT stood for! It's likely due to the number of people in the interview at once, but it might be something to keep in mind for the future.

My other suggestion is try not to get too hung up on writing like JC, or angeldelayette, or PhantomStranger. Find your own style and not only will you enjoy it more, but as a result the reader probably will too. If that means your matches aren't huge, then so be it, but at least that way you'll not burn out trying to write a certain way that, in reality, you are not comfortable with.

Dark Matches:

Supreme TV:

Jack Bruce vs Rogue

Enjoying this so far, 3rdStringPG. My only 'complaint' would be that I sometimes found it difficult to follow who was talking in the shoot interview because of the switching between real names and ring names. It would probably have been easier to read if the full name was written out before each line (as you did at the beginning) rather than an abbreviation and then at least I wouldn't keep forgetting what KT stood for! It's likely due to the number of people in the interview at once, but it might be something to keep in mind for the future.

My other suggestion is try not to get too hung up on writing like JC, or angeldelayette, or PhantomStranger. Find your own style and not only will you enjoy it more, but as a result the reader probably will too. If that means your matches aren't huge, then so be it, but at least that way you'll not burn out trying to write a certain way that, in reality, you are not comfortable with.

Will keep that in mind. Wanted to save on keystrokes, thus the abbreviations. But yeah, I admit it was hard (though fun) to write that shoot, with the color coding and all. Next few shoots, I figure, will be one-on-one interviews.

While the masters will always be an influence in some way or another, I am trying to find my own voice as I go along and learn more about TEW, the C-Verse and diary writing. (Fairly new player here, only started last month.) Again, thanks for the comments/advice and hope you enjoy the rest of the diary! :D

Supreme TV:

Jack Bruce vs Rogue -- DQ, maybe?

really liking the backstory on this, will be following!

Dark Matches:

Supreme TV:

Jack Bruce vs Rogue

Archived