Welcome To The Reinvention

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y’know, I’ve had enough of it. He can’t perform well, he’s got an attitude... Phunk is gone.

Hell’s Bouncer breaks his fingers during training. Apparently he was practicing with the ladder that was involved with Ota and Phunk both breaking their fingers. Perhaps the ladder is cursed.

GSW makes offers to Kit and Simon Waves. We counter both offers.

Fox, apparently fearing Donnie J building up a legion of followers backstage, takes Frankie-Boy under his wing. One of these men plays politics better than the other...

February 2014, week 3

CZCW Madness

Grissom Auditorium

Zone Future defeat myself and Hell’s Bouncer in a poor match (D), then Hollywood Bret Starr retains the Xtreme Title over... Kit? Did I book that? I guess so. (E+). Remmy Skye defeats Kid Toma, and I think I had those last two matches slightly mixed up, oh well (D-).

The Warehouse Brothers retain the Tag Titles over Going Coastal (D), and then a throw-away six-man sees Notorious and Jackpot Jordan defeat Wall of Waves and Jonnie Perez (E).

Frankie Perez defeats Donnie J, and even this isn’t doing that well tonight (D). Hopefully, our main event does well: A four-way CZCW Title amtch. Fox, Acid, and Ota all going after Cougar. It’s... nowhere near what I was expecting, but considering the rest of the show, it’s good enough. Cougar retains, but I make a note: Acid was upset he wasn’t wining. out of all these guys, Acid’s the only one complaining. (C-).

Show rating: D+

tickets sold: 2,000

Opposing show: PWMAX Deathblow (C-)

We’ve had a bad month... yeap, #4 of 5 in the region. Whatever funk settled over us, we have to throw it off, fast. I... -could- relent, and say it’s time to lay off the hardcore, but that’s part of the reason we’re doing this -- to beat the enemy at their own game, with their own men.

Next time, on the Coastal Zone: I won't lie to you. March is... kinda boring.

March 2014, Week 2

CZCW Uprising

Grissom Auditorium

We open with Donnie J defeating Fumihiro Ota, and... something happened here, because this match sucked the proverbial... thing... that gets sucked... (E+). How bad was it? I defeat Kit, and it gets a -better- reaction (D-).

Tag Title time, as Going Coastal takes another crack at The Warehouse Brothers. The Brothers retain, but this is actually a good little match (C-). Bret Starr retains the Xtreme Title againt both Kid Toma and Jackpot Jordan (D), and then...

Then, we have a surprise early Match Of The Year contender, as Zone Future faces Hell Monkey and Remmy Skye. Heck of a match that ends with Remmy pinning Keith, but the crowd really liked this one (C ). Finally, CZCW Title: Cougar vs Fox. They try to live up to that last match and fail, but they come close, with Cougar retaining and Fox settling in to his new position as vet who puts people over (C-).

show rating: C-

Tickets sold: 2,000

Opposing show: GSW Hostile intent (D+)

Well, that was an interesting show. A bad match that should have been decent, a good match that should have been decent... Part of me almost wished Hell Monkey didn’t have to keep touring Japan. But, we’d use him whenever we had him.

March 2014, Week 4

CZCW Hostility

Grissom Auditorium

We open with Fox and Kit beat beaten by Donnie J and Jackpot. Donnie and Jackpot don’t work well together, it seems, and we’re coming up on a year or so of Kit being in the Zone and he’s still getting boos from the crowd (D). Our next match is more tag action, Going Coastal vs The Perez Boys vs the new team of Monkey-Skye. Monkey-Skye wins, and we begin building up yet another new team (D).

Bret Starr gets some mic time insulting Acid (D+), which draws him out for an Xtreme Title match... which Starr proceeds to win. Acid has -got- to be ticked off at me for this, but he was still professional enough to put on a good match (C-). Then, in a shock Match Of The Year Candidate, The Warehouse Brothers retain over... Hell’s Bouncer and Kid Toma. And it’s a really good match. Where did that one come from (C )?

Steven Parker defeats Fumihiro Ota, and a lack of chemistry makes this one... almost bad (D). Then, I go after Cougar’s CZCW Title and fail, giving him another successful defense and a decent match that was overshadowed by that tag thing to end the show (C-).

Show rating: C-

Opposing show: IPW Powerslave (D+)

March 2014, Week 3. Still.

CZCW Power Surge

Grissom Auditorium

We open with Kid Toma going over Acid. I’m not sure if Acid is finally fed up with jobbing, or if Toma’s recent few bouts were flukes, but this wasn’t that good (D-). Going Coastal gets a win over Notorious (D-), Fox Mask promises Kit they’re going to start winning again (D+), and then Bret Starr defeats me and Jackpot to retain the Xtreme title (D).

Fox and Kit fail to regain the tag titles against the Warehouse Brothers (C-), Hell’s Bouncer defeats Wall of Waves again (E+), and then Zone Future defeated Monkey-Skye and The Perez Boys in a triple-threat match (D+). For the main event, Cougar faced both Ota and Donnie J, defeating both in an okay match (C-).

Opposing show: PWMAX Blackout (C )

Next time, on the Coastal Zone: After a boring month, what can make April better? How about two Match Of The Year candidates on the same show?

I love how no matter the edition of TEW, infinity finds a way to have the most beautiful trainwrecks with CZCW. The idea of Citizen X hardcoring it up just because he can is brilliant.

Watching Ota the Old Ninja lose his stealth is kinda sad, but fitting that he seems to be doing it in this diary. I've always found your diaries captivating, so minimally written yet somehow able to capture the flavour of the Zone.

Usually, I want to root for the player character to win, here I'm happy to cheer on chaos as you should be dominating the regional wars... but you clearly aren't.

Always great to have the Zone of Infinity to wade through.

PWMAX is going to be big trouble if we can’t pull things around. They’re pulling multiple C matches each show, with different workers each time, and we can’t afford to sign their entire roster. On the plus side, AAA had a bad month, putting us at #2 in the regional battle.

April 2014, Week 1

CZCW Ambition

Grissom Auditorium

We do something different and open the show with a promo, as Hollywood Bret Starr challenges Masked Cougar... who declines, until Starr berates him enough to get him mad and accept. (C-)

Our first match is one of two triple-threat split-tag-team matches; Hell Monkey vs Frantic Ali vs Matt Keith. Keith wins... but holy crap, they just blew all of 2013 out of the water. Seriously, this was the best match I’ve seen in quite a while here (C+). After that, anything would be a letdown... so lucky, we scheduled Going Coastal over Wall of Waves (E).

Fox tries to psyche Kit up before their match (C ), which is against Acid and Toma, and which they win (D-). I psyche up Hell’s Bouncer (C ), and our match is against Donnie and Ota, which we lose (E+). Then, the Perez Boys beat Notorious. What do you mean, this match was better than my match? (D-).

Our second split-tag-team match has Remmy Skye, Fro Sure, and Steven Parker; Parker gets the win here, and while it’s good, it’s not nearly as good as the other half of this pairing (C-). So... who do I blame for that? And finally, our main event, CZCW Champ vs Xtreme Champ, CZCW Title on the line... and someone motivated the hell out of these two, as we have our second Match Of The Year candidate on the show. Cougar retains, and I think we may have made a few stars tonight (C+).

Show Rating: C

Tickets Sold: 2,000

Opposing Show: IPW Reckless Abandon (D)

Where the heck did those matches come from? And can I possibly get more???

April 2014, Week 2

CZCW Spring Break Bash

Grissom Auditorium

We open with Kid Toma taking on Bret Starr, and while not as good as Bret’s mast last show, it’s still pretty decent for Toma lately. Starr retains (D+). Monkey-Skye beats Wall of Waves (D-), then Hell’s Bouncer gets a win over me (D) and The Perez Boys beat Fox & Kit (D+).

Donnie J and Jackpot beat Going Coastal (D-), then Zone Future face The Warehouse Brothers for the Tag Titles, and we get another incredible match that sees us have new champions (C ). We end the night with Cougar defending against Ota, and again these two seem motivated as they do their best to have the best match of the night; Cougar retains, and I’m feeling justified in having as champion for now (C ).

Show rating: C

Opposing shows: GSW Shattered (D+)

Between shows, we consider making a move for one of GSW’s people, American Elemental. But he considers us too small for him. And yet... he works for GSW. Go figure.

Next time, on the Coastal Zone: We hand out good matches like nobody's business. Will Welcome to the Coastal Zone achieve greatness, or will quickly degenerate into averageness?

<p><strong>April 2014, week 3</strong></p><p><strong>

CZCW Combat Zone</strong></p><p><strong>

Grissom Auditorium</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Due to a PGHW tour, we’re down several people so we’re doing a minimalist show.</p><p> </p><p>

We open with Frantic Ali falling (and not without protest) to Hell Monkey in a match that tells us where some of the greatness of previous matches came from (C ). Jackpot beats Jonnie Perez (D-), Fro Sure bets Kid Toma (C-), Bret Starr retains over Hell’s Bouncer (D-), I defeat Fox Mask (And boy, does he not like that... D+), Ot defeats Skye (C-), and finally Cougar defeats Donnie J in yet another strong match (C ).</p><p> </p><p>

I gotta tell you, after this month, I have very little clue what our top three matches of the year will be... because we’ve still got half a year left, and if these guys can keep this up, I’ll be a very happy owner.</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Show rating: C</strong></p><p><strong>

Tickets sold: 2,000</strong></p><p><strong>

Opposing show: PWMAX Lashing Out (C )</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Okay, is PWMAX -trying- to get me to re-hire Air Attack Weasel?</p><p> </p><p>

First place in the regional battle! Put that in your crack-pipes and smo-- wait, I’m not saying that. That sounds racist when you figure who our competition is. Nevermind. Moving on...</p><p> </p><p>

XWA opened in the Midwest. They weren’t signing any of our guys, so we didn’t care that much. But we’d have to keep an eye on their shows -- if we can consistently outperform them, it might be worth while to roll into town from time to time and show them how to do it right.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>May 2014, Week 1</strong></p><p><strong>

CZCW Welcome to the Coastal Zone</strong></p><p><strong>

Tonight, everyone on the roster gets uses. Why not... I may not respect Zone traditions much, but this is Welcome To The Coastal Zone. Even when poorly-written, it’s still a classic.</p><p> </p><p>

God, I love meta-humor. I never meta humor I didn’t like.</p><p> </p><p>

Tonight’s mini-theme is four-way title matches. Ou opening match pts Bret Starr against Kit, Kid toma, and Jackpot Jordan. And, in a shock of shocks, Kid Toma walks out of this with the title (D+). Wasn’t nobody expecting that. That’s how you start out a big show.</p><p> </p><p>

Notorious steals a surprise win over Going Coastal, and the crowd should be in an “Anything can happen tonight” mood now (D-). The Warehouse Brothers defeat The Perez Boys (D+), and then Fox Mask goes over a surly Acid (D-) and Hell’s Bouncer defeats Wall of Waves (E).</p><p> </p><p>

The Zone Future defends the Tag Titles against Monkey-Skye, and they kick the quality of the card up quite a few notches before the champs retain (C ). We finish things off with Cougar defending against Ota, Donnie, and myself; we’re inspired to not be left behind and put on a good damn match, ending with Cougar retaining (C ).</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Show rating: C</strong></p><p><strong>

Opposing show: IPW Back By Demand (D)... Looks like there wasn’t much of a demand.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

On the next Coastal Zone: A backstage fight earns someone their last warning, we continue a string of great main events, and how does one put on a C-level show without a freakin' ref?</p>

<p>So, apparently Simply Awesome Wrestling opened up a few months back; they’re a comedy promotion trying to fit into the already-crowded Southwest. I was checking up on alumni and saw Jake Idol, of all people, had joined them. Y’know what? Good for them. That’s new and interesting.</p><p> </p><p>

If they too big, I’ll crush them. But I don’t think they’re going to get big enough to be a worry.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>May 2014, week 4</strong></p><p><strong>

CZCW In Your Face</strong></p><p><strong>

Acid tried to pick fight with Rivera backstage. Something about a rat being one of their sisters. Or something. I go ape, yelling at Acid... who, frankly, I’m getting fed up with... and tell him that next time, he’s fired.</p><p> </p><p>

And then I tell him to work more martial arts into his gimmick and job him out to Frankie Perez in the opening match. Oddly, it seems to light a fire under him, as the match isn’t half bad (C-). We get a time-killing promo from Keith, Starr, and Parker hyping up the six-man main event (D), and then Fox & Kit job to the Warehouse Brothers (D+).</p><p> </p><p>

We put together a massive eight-jobbe... erm, eight-man match, with Going Coastal and Wall of Waves facing Notorious, Toma, and Jackpot. Jackpot picks up the win for his team (E+).</p><p> </p><p>

Furthering the whole ‘Me and Bouncer split’ thing, I team with Donnie J to defeat Bouncer and Ota (D+), and then our six-man main event puts three title holders (Keith, Parker, and Sta... wait, Starr lost it to Toma...) against three Zoners (Cougar, Skye, and Mon... well, okay, Monkey’s an honorary Zoner at this point). We go a bit longer than our usual main events and give everyone a chance to show off, and it pays off for us with yet another strong main event to close out a show ending with Monkey, of all people, pinning Starr for the victory (C ).</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show rating: C-</strong></p><p><strong>

opposing show: PWMAX Army Of One (C )</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Interesting rating for PWMAX, <span style="text-decoration:underline;">given that they had no ref</span> -- apprently, Farrah Hesketh’s paycheck bounced so she walked out on them before the show.</p><p> </p><p>

Just to put the screws on tighter, we make offers to one of their rising stars, as well as their current champion. Hey, we’ve got the fundage, we might as well use it -- I’ve almost doubled our money from when I came in. But first, we have another show...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>May 2014, week 4 (still)</strong></p><p><strong>

CZCW Flipping The Bird</strong></p><p><strong>

Last year’s Flipping The Bird turned out our match of the year; let’s see what we can do with it tonight, shall we?</p><p> </p><p>

We open things up with Kid Toma defending the Xtreme Title against Hell Monkey. Monkey is fresh off a huge win in the main event last show, where he pinned the former Xtreme Champion, Bret Starr. These are two guys who, traditionally, are highly skilled but never got the Zone crowds behind them until recently... and whatever fire is under their asses, it burns -hot- tonight, as they give us a MOTY candidate that has the potential to ruin the rest of the show by setting the bar too high. Toma wins, but let’s face it -- Monkey looks like a potential champion after this (C+).</p><p> </p><p>

Fox and Kit walk backstage about how they’re having a bad year, and fox promises things will get better. We subtly edge away from the ‘Adam Westing’ and make Fox looks a bit more unhinged, a bit more out of his mind, almost vicious at one point. Crowd: Not impressed (D+). Fox & Kit then team up with Acid to face The Warehouse Brothers and Myself. I get the win, but something about the match just never came together -- having to follow that opening match might be the reason (D). Next is a triple-threat match, Jonnie Perez vs Remmy Skye vs Jackpot Jordan. Skye gets the win, but it’s easily the best match either of the other two has had for a while (C-).</p><p> </p><p>

Hell’s Bouncer has a Handicap Gauntlet next; he easily defeats Wall of Waves (E), has a bit of minor trouble with Going Coastal (D-), and then, amazingly, finally, falls to Notorious (E+). Bret Starr does a quick promo on his main event opponents (D+), and we’re off on the final run.</p><p> </p><p>

CZCW Tag Team Titles: Zone Future vs Donnie J and Fumihiro Ota. The young bucks vs the old guard, a classic story, and both teams perform their parts well. The champs retain, and the crowd should be ready for a killer main event (C ). That main event is a triple-threat title match, Cougar defending against Starr and Frankie Perez. Cougar has been refusing to have any of his recent defenses be the second-best match on the card, and he motivated his opponents for this one, pulling off a match that equals and, in places, exceeds our opener. Cougar retains, but again: Nobody lost this one. (C+)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show rating: C (Oh, come on!)</strong></p><p><strong>

Opposing show: GSW Heavy Duty (D+)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Next time, on the Coastal Zone: We steal two names from PWMAX; Masked Cougar continues to work his butt off; and a potentially surprising addition to the Match Of The Year candidates list.</p>

I've not commented until now but have been following at every opportunity..

It's just amazing how great this is and how addictive it is; the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" couldn't apply more here.. the short witty show recaps are the same brilliant style they were back when Tsunami and St. Hubbins were ruling the Zone..

KUTGW doesnt really need to said (but I'll say it anyway) as it's a given that this will be great for as long as it lasts..

PWMAX managed to beat us out for the regional battle... but we’d get it this month. We hired away Babau, a young high-flier, and Brad Peverell, their current champion who had been turning out his share of C-level matches. … but not before PWMAX had a show on the first of the month, using both of them and passing their title to Air Attack Weasel. They -are- trying to get me to hire him back, I swear...

Bruce the Giant got a starring role in a movie. Good for him.

June 2014, week 2

CZCW Spring Break Bash

Grissom Auditorium

We open with Kid Toma defending the Xtreme Title against Acid. It’s not as good as we hoped, but about as good as we expected, with Toma retaning but not setting high expectations (D+). Jackpot and I then team up to defeat Going Coastal (D-) and Hollywood Bret Starr welcomes a debuting Bradford Peverell; Brad gets a sneaky roll-up to win, but the crowd isn’t buying his ‘street fighter’ thing (C-).

Hell Monkey gets to introduce Badau, getting a victory -- but the fans -really- -really- hate had Badau’s gimmick (F-! … for the gimmick, I mean. The match gets a D.) Zone Future retain the Tag Team titles over Fox & Kit (D+), and the Warehouse Brothers defeat Wall of Waves (D-).

We get a four-way match between Donnie, Ota, Bouncer, and Frankie Perez. Good little match, with Donnie getting the win (C-). We then wrap things up with Masked Cougar retaining over Remmy Skye, and even though the bar’s not set very high tonight, Cougar still puts his all into this and gives us a good send-off (C ).

Opposing shows: GSW Maximum Showdown (D+), IPW Desolation (D+)

And, after a slow month, the only bits of news to report are taking #2 in the regional battle, and the fact that Cougar and Starr were becoming friends.

July 2014, Week 2

CZW Battle at the Beach

Grissom Auditorium

Protege Wars continues as Fox recruits the newcomer Babau. The score is now Fox: 2, Donnie J: 3.

We open the show with Fox Mask getting a win over Fumihiro Ota (D+), then Zone future show how good they are by carrying Notorious to a decent match as they retain their tag titles over them (D+). Kid Toma retains the Xtreme Title against California Love Machine, and these two decide to kick things up a notch despite their lack of chemistry (C-).

Next up, I face Frankie Perez. Frankie’s a bit upset I have him scheduled to lose. I tell him that tonight, he’s getting my best... so would he rather win a mediocre match, or lose an amazing match? I guess the speech worked... because we blew the ****ing roof off. (C+). Remmy beats Kit afterwards, and let’s face it, nobody wanted to follow that (D).

Frantic Ali gets a win over Acid, as we see how far we can job Acid before he quits (C-). Then, Cougar defends against Brad Peverell, and for once Cougar fails to win the match of the night -- that one belongs to me. Cougar retains though... but let’s face it, if I can put on a better match than him... (C-)

Opposing shows: IPW xXxplosive (D), American Indy Show (D+... I only note it because it’s a rare Southwest show on a day we had a show)

On the next Coastal Zone: A death hits the wrestling industry; Acid continues to be unprofessional; A long-time Zoner gets paid to shut up and quite kvetching.

Two days later...

July 2012, week 2. Still.

CZCW West Coast Tradition

Grissom Auditorium

We open with the Tag Champs facing each other, with the winner getting Cougar tonight. The two oddly don’t seem to mesh well against each other, but we still get a really good match out of it, with Parker winning the title shot (C ). He then cuts a short promo (D+) before we move into the Warehouse Brothers beating Going Costal, which the crowd can tell is just a time-filler (D-).

I come out to cut a promo on Acid, taunting him until he comes out (C-), and then defeat him... and I swear the ******* sandbags me the whole match (D). Donnie J and Hollywood Bret Starr likewise cut a promo on their opponents, Ota and Bouncer, (D) and then defeat them (D).

Babau does a quick gimmick change to more of a masked joker type, which isn’t that good, but better than his previous one by far, and gets a win over Jonnie Perez (D-). Hopefully we get something better from Frankie Perez defeating Remmy Skye -- but Skye wasn’t feeling it tonight, and the result wasn’t what we had hoped (D+). Then, we give the crowd a bathroom break as Fox and Kit beat Wall of Waves (E+).

We try to kick things up with an Xtreme Title Match, Toma defending against Brad Peverell. It... well, wasn’t what we wanted. Not -bad- in any sense, but we really should’ve given someone else the sub-main spot. Toma retains. (D+). Finally, Cougar vs Parker, CZCW Title. This one knocks it out of the park, these two really tear it down, with Cougar retaining -- but you can tell Parker is something special. (C+)

Opposing shows: GSW Payback’s A B**** (D+)

A guy named Phonse Lockett was found dead at the age of 26. I don’t know why this was newsworthy; the man never worked for any wrestling company, there was no record of him ever having a match... And his roster background got rewritten when he died, so I have no idea what his deal was.

IPW went for Remmy Skye; We counter-offered, and they went after Carlos Barrera instead. Look, I like the guy, but even I gotta admit that’s a step down in quality.

I finally get fed up with Fox Mask being angry. “Look, Fox... accept it, you’re not going to be part of the main event anytime soon, and not for very long when it happens. You’re pissed I jobbed you out months ago... fine. We’re having our best twelve-month period in Zone history... all the old-timers get a cut. Here’s yours.” Fox ceased being upset after that. I still intend to job him out... but a happy Fox jobs better.

July 2014, week 4

CZCW Battlestars (Because the opposing show is called... oh, nevermind...)

Grissom Auditorium

We open with Hell Monkey going over Frankie Perez. This sure-to-be-a-crowd-pleaser doesn’t disappoint, as we’ve certainly entered an era of excellent matches (C+). The Warehouse Brothers go over the thrown-together duo of Hell’s Bouncer and Babau, and it’s fairly decent (D+). We then get some mic time for Fox and Remmy, reuniting for a shot at the tag titles (D+).

Ota goes over Acid (D+), then a four-way Xtreme Title match between Kid Toma, Brad Peverell, myself, and Bret Starr ends with a new champion: Me! (C ). Keith and Parker then respond to Fox and Remmy, and it’s... not as good as i thought these two could do (D-).

We get a thrown-together eight-man match, with Wall of Waves and Going Coastal falling to Notorious, Jonnie Perez, and Jackpot Jordan. It’s the bathroom break (E+). The CZCW Title gets second billing tonight, as Cougar retains against Donnie J in another good match ©, and we wind things up with Parker & Keith retaining the Tag Titles over Fox & Skye, and it’s a slightly disappointing -not- match of the night (C ).

Opposing show: PWMAX Lost In Space (C ).

That PWMAX C-show? Ranked below at least one of our C-shows, as we won the regional battle again this month.

Next time, on the Coastal Zone: An ex-Zoner shows we were justified in firing him; my Xtreme Title run continues; and the best show in this diary's history so far.

We do our every-few-months Auto-push-thing. Kid Toma has worked up to the main event; Acid has dropped into the uppercard. Other than that, not much has changed.

August 2014, week 1

CZCW SWAT

Grissom Auditorium

We open with the Warehouse Brothers defeating Monkey-Skye. It's a good match, but I'm starting to realize... I either need to get the Warehouse Brothers into the tag titles, or split them up to do singles work. (C-). We move on to Jackpot Jordan defeating Hell's Bouncer (D-). Bouncer is great in tag or handicap situations, but one on one he becomes... less impressive.

Hollywood cuts a promo on me (C-), and we move on into The Perez Brothers beating Fox & Kit -- and it really didn't work that well (D). Kid toma firmly establishes himself as a main eventer with a win over Donnie J (C-), and Acid learns that he really is demoted with a loss to Brad Peverell (C-). I cut a promo responding to Hollywood (D+), and then it's bathroom break time: Going Coastal defeats Wall of Waves (E+).

I defend the Xtreme Title against Hollywood Bret Starr, and we put on the match of the night so far. I retain, and if I can keep putting on matches like this, then I'm justified in keeping the title on me ©. We wrap thigns up with a non-title tag match, Zone Future facing Cougar and Ota. The main eventers get the win, somewht establishing their dominance... for now. But let's face it -- Keith and Parker are future main eventers, and that future will be coming soon. I need a way to get the titles off them... ©.

Opposing show: GSW Roll The Bones (D+)

Meanwhile, Grandmaster Phunk seems to have vanished; he was supposed to work for GSW, but never showed up. Classy. Although if I had to work for GSW, I might not show up, either. Still, I’m glad I fired his ass. Unprofessional.

August 2014, week 4.

CZCW Wave of Fury

Grissom Auditorium... wait, no. Let’s try running the Gorski tonight.

We open with myself, defending the Xtreme Title over both Brad Peverell and Bret Starr. As is usual, we set a high bar for the rest of the show, and I continue my title run (C ). We then get a minor rest, as Jackpot Jordan drags Waylon Walls to a somewhat-watchable match (D-).

Now, back to the action. Monkey-Skye defeat Fox Mask & Kit in a fairly good match (C-), and then Ota, Frankie Perez, and Acid go out and try to steal the show. Did they? Well, the crowd is split, but it’s a really good match, with Frankie getting the win (C ). Another bit of a break with Going Coastal losing to the new team of Hellfire (Babau and Hell’s Bouncer. What the heck, might as well team them together) (D).

We go into a Tag Title match, with Zone Future defending against the Warehouse Brothers. I finally pull the trigger on the title change here, despite Keith not liking it -- but the result is a great match, and I’d rather use Keith and Parker as singles guys now (C+). Finally, our main event: Cougar vs Donnie J vs Kid Toma, CZCW Title. That last match had a lot to live up to -- and somehow, these three manage to do so, putting on yet another great matchup. Cougar retains, and let’s face it -- if he keeps this up, he’ll keep on retaining. (C+)

Show rating: C+ (!!! Yes!)

Tickets sold: 3,141

Opposing show: … none, apparently.

And yes, that gets us first-place in the regional battle for the month.

On the next Coastal Zone: How do we follow up our best show since Citizen X took over? Well... someone acts unprofessional. Someone gets hired, someone gets fired. And we forget to hold more than one show in September. Will it cost us the regional battle?

September 2014, week 2

CZCW Reach For The Sky

Gorski Ballroom

Starr showed up late. I yelled at him. He ignored it. Yeah, he’s jobbing tonight.

We open with a tag title match as The Warehouse Brothers retain over Fox Mask & Kit. Anyone looking at these ratings think Kit is -far- better than he really is. (C ). Hellfire (Babau and Bouncer) defeat Wall of Waves (D-), then Bret Starr jobs to Matt Keith in a decent match (C-).

The Perez Boys drag Going Coastal to a decent match before going over (C-), despite multiple people involved being out of it. Then Remmy Skye goes over Acid, who continues to sandbag everyone until he gets some wins (D+). Jackpot Jordan gets a surprise win over Brad Peverell (D+).

I defend the Xtreme Title against Hell Monkey, and we turn out yet another good match and I get yet another successful retention (C ). to finish the night, a big four-way matchup between Cougar, Ota, Donnie, and Toma. And... Holy freakin’ hell. That’s all I can say. Holy. Freakin’. Hell. (B-)

Show rating: C+

Tickets sold: 3,325

Opposing show: IPW Glory Days (C-)

We make an offer to half of IPW’s main event for that show. We get rid of Hell’s Bouncer and replace him with Babau’s tag team partner, Moroi. His joining the roster bumps some people around; Acid is back in the main event with Toma, Donnie, Fox, Cougar, and Ota. The uppercard is Frankie, Keith, Parker, Skye, and Peverell. Midcard is Jordan, Monkey, Starr, Ali, Fro, CLM, Babau, and myself. Moroi joins Kit, Jonnie, and Rivera in the lowercard. Barerra, Waves, Walls, and Frankie-Boy fill out the jobber portion of the roster.

… hrm. We only have one show in September? Well, maybe I should have scheduled another. Oh, well. After that show, it’s not like we had something to prove. Six companies in the regional battle; we took first.

Next time, on the Coastal Zone: We end our string of amazing shows with a simply average one; another pairing decides to go for the Match of the Year; and a worn-down worker results in another Match Of The Year candidate when he's replaced. Yes, I know we just had a B- match, so I can't call C+ matches MOTY candidates anymore...

I probably missed it in the previous shows, but why is Acid in the doghouse?

When he's in a good mood, he has great matches. However, he complained about jobbing to some of the main eventers, and started having worse and worse matches, so we just figured he wasn't worth the effort to keep happy.

Foreshadowing: It won't matter much longer anyways.

Oooo, soap opera drama! Jeremy Stone has kicked Victoria Stone-McFly out of the head booker position for NOTBPW! I wonder what happened to cause that... well, besides them dropping to Cult...

October 2014, week 1

CZCW Hardcore Halloween

Grissom Auditorium

Starr and Jackpot got into an arguement backstage. Buncha damn kids...

We open with a six-man, three-title (but-nothing-on-the-line) match as I team up with the tag champion Warehouse Brothers to take on Masked Cougar, Babau, and Moroi. The match is great, as you’d expect from a match with me and Cougar in it -- and Moroi does quite well for his first time with us. I get the pinfall for the win, (C ).

Notorious gets a win over Wall of Waves to celebrate Rivera’s recent popularity -- but if he keeps wrestling like this, he may lose it again (E+). Donnie J defeats Bret Starr, and hopefully Starr gets the message that he loses when he causes problems (C-). Monkey-Skye get a win over Fox Mask & Kit (C-). Brad Peverell defeats Jonnie Perez (D-) and then Jackpot Jordan beats California Love Machine (D).

We then have the first rounds of a mini-tournament for a #1 Contender. Matt Keith defeats Fumihiro Ota (C-), and then Kid Toma defeats Steven Parker... and I don’t know what happened here, but this was... merely... average (D+).

So much for the unbroken streak of amazing shows...

Show rating: D+

Opposing show: None

Well, guess everyone can have an off show. I was expecting those last two matches to be much better.

October 2014, week 2

CZCW Rest In Pieces

Gorski Ballroom

We open with the final round of the tournament we started last show. Kid Toma vs Matt Keith. Given how Toma performed last time around, we weren’t expecting much from this... and these two go and put on a Match Of The Year contender that is gonna make the rest of the card look like a letdown. Keith wins the title shot... but damn, why can’t we have this Toma around all the time? (B-)

I’m glad I’m not following that. Instead, Fox and Kit take on The Night Terrors (that’s Babau and Moroi). It turns out the kids don’t mesh well as a team, which makes me wonder how they got this far working together. Well, damn. Still, they put on a decent enough show; not great, but it doesn’t suck. The Terrors get the victory here (D+). We get a random title defense from Cougar as he defends against Jackpot Jordan, who does fairly well for himself here but ultimately loses (C ).

We get a ‘broken up’ tag match; first, Fro Sure defeats Remmy Skye (C-) and then Hell Monkey defeats Frantic Ali (C-), which sets up a tag match for the next show. Then, to cool off the crowd, a triple tag match, with Notorious beating Wall of Waves and Going Coastal (D-).

We get a random triple threat between Ota, Parker, and Peverell, with Parker winning -- and for a random match, it’s quite good (C ). Finally, a triple threat Xtreme match as I defend against Starr and Donnie. Again, a good match, and it’s good enough to main event... but let’s face it, that first match made everything else look bad. I retain, and at least this’ll be a better show than the last one (C ).

Tickets sold: 3,117

Opposing show: GSW Hands of Death (C-)

And right away the next day...

October 2014, week 2 still

CZCW Fear Of The Dark

Gorski Ballroom

We announce that, due to injury, Matthew Keith’s title shot will happen at a later date (He’s not injured -- he just thinks he’s too banged up do a ladder match (D-). So instead, we do a ten-man battle royal for a title shot later tonight. Our participants are: Acid, me, Fox, Donnie, Ota, Monkey, Starr, Toma, Parker, and Skye. And damned if it’s not the best damn battle royal I’ve ever been a part of. But of course; I’m part of it. Ota makes a strong play, but in the end Fox eliminates him and Donnie to get the win (C+).

The rest of the card is mostly filler; The Night Terrors beat Wall of Waves (E+), Jackpot defeats Kit (D-), and Notorious defeats Going Coastal (D).

The Perez Boys get a tag title shot and fail to win, giving the Warehouse Brothers another successful defense (C ). Finally, Cougar vs Fox... and if you think I’m giving it to Fox, you’re crazy. But... didn’t think the bastard had it in him, but we’ve got another Match of The Year candidate. I guess it’s true, Cougar can have a good match with anyone. (B-)

Show rating: C+

Tickets sold: 3,356

Opposing show: IPW Seek And Destroy (D+)

We had a long break until Thankskilling, so hopefully Keith could get rested up. It also gave Acid enough time to decide he’s fed up with us and leave. He lasted about three, four months longer than I thought he would.

On the next Coastal Zone: Keith is rested up enough to take on Cougar; A Zoner pushes the wrong buttons; and Masked Cougar and Citizen X face off!

I've always loved Acid, but won't miss him.

When you had that split up tag singles matches... I was sure it was going to lead to some old school Coastal Booking! Split the singles... TAG MATCH. I miss those zany Zone stips.

You've got a shockingly good group in the zone... plus Wall of Waves. I know it's not your thing but do want more Fox-X interactions and altercations.

Plus, have you thought about maybe visiting another area or do you not want to boost your popularity elsewhere?

Archived