What Real Mod Have You Converted Successfully?

I've done 'Wrestling in a Recession', 'A New Power is Rising', 'iDomination', and fatallylost's megamod (though I'm still tweaking and testing it). Admittedly, I don't care if WWE and TNA (or their equivalents) sim properly, I just converted for the workers and saves I wanted.

It seems that every one that I try to convert always has a number of "Errors and Warnings" that pop up when I try to start a new game from a converted database preventing me from creating a new game. What am I doing wrong?

The easy response is that you're not manually going in and fixing the errors...

...the long form answer is that the TEW2010 databases simply don't have show names and tag team names, among other things, that you'll need to import from the default database. Past that, you'll probably have a handful of other errors that need to be resolved.

I, for instance, had some guys in FCW with "brands" assigned...and for some reason Eric Young was showing as one of the Knockout champs.

Overall, the main issue with conversion is that the databases aren't exact...you're going from a proprietary db system to a microsoft database in 2013.

Hopefully that helps.

...and for some reason Eric Young was showing as one of the Knockout champs...

Eric Young is one half of the Knockout Tag champs with ODB... the belts are basically inactive, they haven't been defended since April but TNA hasn't retired them yet. Seems they're keeping them on as a running joke these days, which sorta amuses me because I know that one day Brooke Hogan is going to strip them of the belts and EY is gonna end up almost naked in front of her, again. :p

Eric Young is one half of the Knockout Tag champs with ODB... the belts are basically inactive, they haven't been defended since April but TNA hasn't retired them yet. Seems they're keeping them on as a running joke these days, which sorta amuses me because I know that one day Brooke Hogan is going to strip them of the belts and EY is gonna end up almost naked in front of her, again. :p

Hah! Well, that would explain that...apparently TEW2010 didn't care that Young is not a woman :)

Hah! Well, that would explain that...apparently TEW2010 didn't care that Young is not a woman :)

As mentioned Young is one half of the champions but its worth noting that if you are using MrCanada data the Knockout Tag Titles aren't set to female only, just ran a watcher game for a year and Kazarian and Daniels have held the titles since end of January, coming up to a year soon.

It seems that every one that I try to convert always has a number of "Errors and Warnings" that pop up when I try to start a new game from a converted database preventing me from creating a new game. What am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. The database simply has errors in it and you need to manually fix them - i.e. if it tells you that Wrestler X is set to be on Brand 1 of a promotion that doesn't have one, you need to go to Wrestler X's contract and remove the brand.

It doesn't mean the conversion went wrong, it means there were data errors in it to begin with. TEW2010 ignored them and dealt with them when needed during gameplay, TEW2013 forces you to deal with them so that it doesn't have to slow down while looking for errors.

Archived