Tournaments in TEW13

I haven't tried one yet as I've only had a couple of months game time but I was just wondering if a one night tournament in TEW 13 is as effective for launching a career as it was in TEW 10.

In my 21CW game in 10 I used my yearly tournament to launch the careers of Phillip Cooper, Oleg Doroskolev, Leigh Burton and Ricky Storm pretty much in one night due to a combination of booking 3 wins in one night, having decent momentum going in and the boost it gained from ending the storyline. It seemed that a tournament storyline was a great way to step someone up to the next level.

Obviously the storylines in TEW 13 are completely different (and as someone who usually ended up booking unchained storylines anyway I personally prefer the new system) but does booking a tournament through a stoyline and ending it on the same night do more harm than good? Does booking it without a storyline mean you lose a lot of momentum for the winner? Has anybody tried either way yet and what have they found?

I haven't tried one yet as I've only had a couple of months game time but I was just wondering if a one night tournament in TEW 13 is as effective for launching a career as it was in TEW 10.

In my 21CW game in 10 I used my yearly tournament to launch the careers of Phillip Cooper, Oleg Doroskolev, Leigh Burton and Ricky Storm pretty much in one night due to a combination of booking 3 wins in one night, having decent momentum going in and the boost it gained from ending the storyline. It seemed that a tournament storyline was a great way to step someone up to the next level.

Obviously the storylines in TEW 13 are completely different (and as someone who usually ended up booking unchained storylines anyway I personally prefer the new system) but does booking a tournament through a stoyline and ending it on the same night do more harm than good? Does booking it without a storyline mean you lose a lot of momentum for the winner? Has anybody tried either way yet and what have they found?

It works pretty much the same as 2010. Book a tournament storyline, end it when the tournament's over. You can do it without or chain the storyline from or into something else, of course, and it doesn't have any massive effects on momentum either way. Ending the storyline that night obviously gives a small boost though, but you lose out on the heat.

There is no tournament match option, correct? You just book the matches like you normally would. I never tried it with a storyline so I will try that when I start up a new MAW game tonight.

Thanks!

Yes, you just book the matches as normal. The only difference being that the tournament title should be on the line in the final (assumming there is a title available).

• 3 years later...

All i need for tournaments is Notepad...

Ill break it down like this,

List of workers

Bob (F)

Steve (F)

Allan (F)

Seth (F)

Will (H)

Heath (H)

Shawn (H)

Kevin (H)

Eventual Final

Seth (F) vs. Kevin (H)

and work backwards.

The next most important heel and face lose in the semi finals, so

Semi Finals

Seth (F) vs. Shawn (H)

and

Allan (F) vs. Kevin (H)

then fill in the blanks.

Usually takes me, +/-10 minutes to set up my tournaments

Does anyone have or know of any good tournament programs? i would like to make booking tournaments easier.:D

I use excel, I have a tournament bracket set up and I delete it after using it, (I run 3 tournaments a year with MAW), once you get it set up it's super useful.

Archived