• Created
  • Last Reply

ECW Hardcore TV

Eastern Championship Wrestling presents:

ECW Hardcore TV

Tuesday Week 4, July 1994

From the ECW Arena in South Philly

Attendance: 2,000 (Sold Out!)

ECW holds a weekly live show on Tuesday nights. The show runs for approx. 1 1/2 to 2 hours, with the last hour filmed for the weekly ECW Hardcore TV program which currently runs on the Sunshine Network in Florida (Fridays Graveyard) and The Sports Channel in Philadelphia (Tuesday Late Nights). The show, as always, is hosted by Joey Styles...

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ecw_arena1.jpg

Live Event:

The Public Enemy vs A-Train & The Terminator

The Public Enemy are not happy about losing their ECW Tag Team titles at Heatwave. They do their best to take some measure of revenge against one of the teams responsible, youngsters A-Train and Terminator. AT&T as they are nicknamed by announcer Joey Styles put up a brave effort, showing off an impressive array of power moves and a suprising amount of chemistry. But in the end the more experienced Public Enemy are too much, picking up the win when Grunge throws Rocco Rock off the top turnbuckle onto Terminator...aka the Drive-By.

Winners at 12:11 when Rocco Rock pinned Terminator with a Drive-By...

The Public Enemy

Grade: C

After the match, Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge call out the new tag team champions Mikey Whipwreck and Cactus Jack. After several minutes of name calling and taunting, the champions rush the ring. A brawl ensues and, thanks to the use of a steel chair on Whipwreck, the Public Enemy gain the upper hand. AT&T run back out to try and make the save, but they too are beaten down by the chair wielding Public Enemy. The Public Enemy stomp to the backstage leaving a wake of carnage with Cactus Jack, Mikey Whipwreck, A-Train and the Terminator all down and out in the ring.

Grade: C+

Backstage before the show, Jake "The Snake" Roberts doesn't look too worried about facing Cactus Jack in the main event:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/jakesnake1.jpg

Stevie Richards vs JT Smith

Smith offers a few thrills, particularly with a lightning quick springboard bodysplash, but Stevie Richards is clearly the better wrestler tonight. Richards taunts Smith and the crowd all throughout the match, yelling out things like "Just wait" and "You will respect me!" Finally, Smith falls victim to the Stevie Kick giving Richards the easy victory.

Winner at 5:06 with a Stevie Kick...

Stevie Richards

Grade: D+

In a vignette filmed for a future VHS release, we go backstage where once again Sandman and Tommy Dreamer are in the middle of a huge arguement. Sandman is upset that Tommy's injury prevented them from competing for the ECW Tag Titles at Heatwave, but that Dreamer will be involved in a first round NWA title tournament match in the coming weeks. Sandman's valet Peaches does her best to seperate the two. The scene ends with Sandman shoving Dreamer up against a wall and storming off.

Back to the ring, Paul Heyman has started the countdown. The ECW Hardcore TV tapings are bout to begin...and ECW merchandise is available in the lobby!

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/Bumper.jpg

TV Tapings:

The usual Eastern Championship Wrestling bumper is replaced by a, considering ECW's shoestring budget, slickly produced highlight reel. Set to Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage" we see clips from this past Saturday night including...Mike Awesome and Rob Van Dam going all out in their match...the debut of the Terminator and the 4 way tag team war that ensued...Cactus Jack and Mikey Whipwreck winning the ECW Tag Team Championship and of course...Shane Douglas defending the ECW Heavyweight Championship in a Barbed Wire Steel Cage against Sabu.

Grade: C-

Before tonight's first contest Paul Heyman, already in the ring, has something to say to the ECW fans...

Heyman: "...and of course I remind each and every one of you that ECW will be the new home to the most prestigious championship in the history of this profession, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship...and it is with my great honor to tell you that tonight's Hardcore TV features three first round NWA tournament matches!"

NWA Tournament - 1st Round

Sabu vs Ron Harris (w/Don Harris & Woman)

Sabu is still sporting bandages on his forehead, and arms...and back...from the barbed wire match at Heatwave. It takes no more than two minutes for those bandages to be ripped off and the wounds be reopened. Despite being a bloody mess, Sabu dominates the action. Only the repeated interference of Don Harris and Woman keep Sabu from a quick victory. Finally, the Tazmaniac rushes out and chases off both Woman and Don Harris. Despite being visibly annoyed by again being assisted by Taz, Sabu takes advantage and gets the win with an Arabian (Camel) Clutch.

Winner at 9:27 via Arabian Clutch...

Sabu

Too Cold Scorpio vs Rob Van Dam

Newcomer Rob Van Dam continues his streak of fantastic matches here tonight. He and Scorpio put on a high flying wrestling clinic in a back and forth affair. Unfortunately for RVD he also continues his streak of near misses, coming up just short of a victoy. After laying out Scorpio with a DDT then his "Rolling Thunder" Senton Splash, RVD climbs to the top turnbuckle and takes flight for a Frog Splash. Scorpio rolls out of the way at the last second. As RVD crashes to the ground, Scorpio drags himself to his feet then to the corner. He scales the ropes to the top turnbuckle, letting fly with his signature 450 Splash, the Dis that Don't Miss, for the victory.

Winner at 9:15 via a Dis that Don't Miss...

Too Cold Scorpio

Grade: B-

After the match, Scorpio and RVD recieve a standing ovation from the ECW faithful. Scorpio helps Van Dam to his feet and offers a handshake. RVD thinks it over for a moment...then draws some loud boos from the crowd by slapping Scorpio's hand away and storming out of the ring.

RVD mulls over Scorpio's offer of friendship:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/rvdls.jpg

Time for the main event...

Cactus Jack vs Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Sometimes in sports, the falling star of a faded veteran crosses paths with the rising star of a young champion and it can be memorable. In Super Bowl III the aging Johnny Unitas tryed to rally his Colts against Joe Namath and the Jets but it was not to be...in Kinsasha Zaire,1974, "The Greatest" won the heavyweight title for a second time, 10 years after his first, by defeating the unstoppable George Foreman. And for ECW fans at the sold out Arena, this match may be the closest they get to a moment like that. For one night anyway, Roberts looks like the main event talent he was in 1987. He and Cactus Jack trade brutal moves in, and out, of the ring. Jack with a Piledriver on Roberts. Roberts with a Stomach Breaker on Jack. Chairshot on Roberts. Chairshot on Cactus. Jack sends 'The Snake' over the top rope with a clothesline. Roberts drags Cactus out to the floor. Cactus Jack sends Roberts face first into the ring post. Roberts chokeslams Cactus through a ringside table. Both men are bloodied by matches end. Despite being the 'heel', Roberts repeatedly hears chants of "You still got it!!!" from the fans. They make their way back into the ring. Roberts snares Cactus Jack and hits the DDT. But Cactus kicks out at 2.9! After several more minutes of brawling Roberts sets Cactus Jack up for another DDT, but Jack slips out of his grasp and snares 'The Snake' for the Double Arm DDT and the win.

Winner at 13:53 via Double Arm DDT...

Cactus Jack

Grade: B

Post match, Shane Douglas makes his way out to the ring. As he mockingly congratulates Cactus from ringside, Jake Roberts attacks him from behind! Douglas slides into the ring and they proceed to lay a two on one beating on the Hardcore Icon. Running from the back is Tommy Dreamer with a steel chair in hand. Dreamer hits the ring and chases off Douglas and Roberts. Hardcore TV goes off the air with Tommy Dreamer helping a bloodied Cactus Jack back to his feet.

EC-DUB! EC-DUB! EC-DUB! EC-DUB!

Show Grade: B-

Post show, a bloody Cactus Jack cuts a promo alongside his rescuer, Tommy Dreamer:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/CJ_Dreamer.jpg

Another great show! I actually found myself chanting E-C-Dub when reading some parts :D

Thanks...a blast to write and unlike our last multi-player (I was WWF and the biggest promotion) it's fun to be the upstart rebel promotion...plus there is so much to work with from the "Real World" ECW's history that it's easy to book/write

News & Notes...

(OOC: I must admit I was suprised almost everyone picked Jake Roberts to go over Cactus Jack...I guess everyone read my 2010 diary and knew what a fanboy I am :o)

News, Notes and What's In Store for this week:

Head booker Paul Heyman is said to be very pleased with the performance of newcomers Rob Van Dam, A-Train & The Terminator, but only time will tell if they can scratch and claw their way to the top of the card in ECW.

So far Sabu, Too Cold Scorpio & Cactus Jack have made it to the second round of the NWA World Title tournament and on the next episode of Hardcore TV big names like Mike Awesome, Don Harris, the Tazmaniac and Mikey Whipwreck will get their chance to advance.

Not only will Mikey Whipwreck be wrestling for a chance to move to the second round of the NWA World Title tournament...but his ECW Television Championship will be on the line.

Plus, Shane Douglas has promised a suprise that, in his words, will "Blow the f*****g roof off the ECW Arena!!"

(A full list of matches will be posted tomorrow)

ECW Hardcore TV

On this week's ECW Hardcore TV, a 10 man battle royal will be held with the winner facing Mikey Whipwreck in a 1st Round NWA Title match...and for Mikey's ECW TV Title!

Confirmed Matches:

10-Man Battle Royal

--- A-Train, Axl Rotten, JT Smith, Hack Meyers, Stevie Richards, The Terminator, Jason Knight, Tony Stetson, Damien Stone & Tommy Cairo ---

Tommy Cairo & Ray Odyssey vs The Pitbulls

Mike Awesome vs Rockin' Rebel

The Tazmaniac vs Don Harris (w/Woman)

Mikey Whipwreck vs ?????

Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs Shane Douglas & ?????

Who will be Shane Douglas' mystery partner?

(Predictions & comments welcome, show will be posted by Monday)

10-Man Battle Royal

--- A-Train, Axl Rotten, JT Smith, Hack Meyers, Stevie Richards, The Terminator, Jason Knight, Tony Stetson, Damien Stone & Tommy Cairo ---

Mikey Whipwreck vs ?????

funk

10-Man Battle Royal

Mikey Whipwreck vs ?????

Bam Bam Bigelow~!

10-Man Battle Royal

Mikey Whipwreck vs Stevie Richards

Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs Shane Douglas & Jake Roberts

A-Train, Axl Rotten, JT Smith, Hack Meyers, Stevie Richards, The Terminator, Jason Knight, Tony Stetson, Damien Stone & Tommy Cairo ---

Mikey Whipwreck vs ?????

David Arquette. wait....

10-Man Battle Royal

The Tazmaniac vs Don Harris (w/Woman) - I think Sabu will get involved

Mikey Whipwreck vs ?????

Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs Shane Douglas & Jake Roberts

A-Train, Axl Rotten, JT Smith, Hack Meyers, Stevie Richards, The Terminator, Jason Knight, Tony Stetson, Damien Stone & Tommy Cairo ---

Mikey Whipwreck vs ?????

Who will be Shane Douglas' mystery partner? Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Confirmed Matches:

10-Man Battle Royal

Mikey Whipwreck vs ?????

Johnny B. Badd

10-Man Battle Royal

Mikey Whipwreck vs ?????

Umm...let's say Dean Malenko. *Shrug*

ECW Hardcore TV

Eastern Championship Wrestling presents:

ECW Hardcore TV

Tuesday Week 1, August 1994

From the ECW Arena in South Philly

Attendance: 2,000 (Sold Out!)

ECW holds a weekly live show on Tuesday nights. The show runs for approx. 1 1/2 to 2 hours, with the last hour filmed for the weekly ECW Hardcore TV program which currently runs on the Sunshine Network in Florida (Fridays Graveyard) and The Sports Channel in Philadelphia (Tuesday Late Nights). The show, as always, is hosted by Joey Styles...

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ecw_arena1.jpg

Live Event:

Paul Heyman is out to start the show. It takes nearly three minutes for the chants of "E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!" to die down to the point where Heyman can talk. He runs down tonight's show, telling us that the first match is a ten man over the top rope battle royal. The winner will face Mikey Whipwreck later tonight in a NWA World Title Tournament first round match...and for Mikey Whipwreck's ECW Television Title!

Grade: B-

10 Man Battle Royal

A-Train vs Axl Rotten vs JT Smith vs Hack Meyers vs Stevie Richards vs The Terminator vs Jason Knight vs Tony Stetson vs Damien Stone vs Tommy Cairo

This match starts off as a chaotic brawl with all ten men in the ring. Within a few minutes the ring starts to clear as Stevie Richards sends the Terminator over the ropes with a dropkick. Meanwhile, A-Train quickly eliminates both Tommy Cairo and Hack Meyers. A-Train would dominate most of the battle royal, also eliminating Tony Stetson and Damien Stone. Jason Knight eliminates JT Smith, only to be tossed seconds later by Richards. That leaves the final three as A-Train, Richards & Axl Rotten. Rotten goes after A-Train as Stevie catches some rest in the corner. A-Train picks up his fifth elimination when he back body drops Rotten over the top rope. For the next several minutes Richards and A-Train go one on one. Train looks to have the upperhand, setting Stevie Richards up for a powerbomb, but Richards deftly reverses it into a frankensteiner that sends A-Train careening into and over the ropes!

Winner at 11:42...

Stevie Richards!

Tommy Cairo's disappointed he didn't win the battle royal:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/cairo-w-peaches-1993-1.jpg

In between matches, Joey Styles catches up with the Tazmaniac and Sabu backstage. Styles repeatedly brings up the "simmering tensions" between the two. Taz won't bite, only saying that it is "an honor" to team up with a hardcore legend like Sabu. Sabu says nothing, just sneering at Styles...and the Tazmaniac...and the camera.

The Pitbulls (#1 & #2) vs Tommy Cairo and Ray Odyssey

Little more than a squash here. Cairo and Odyssey get in a pathetic few scraps of offense, but the Pitbulls rampage to an easy victory with a two man Powerbomb on Odyssey.

Winners at 7:45 when Pitbull #1 pinned Ray Odyssey...

The Pitbulls!

Grade: D+

Paul Heyman makes his way to the ring to let the raucous crowd know the television tapings are about to begin...and ECW merchandise is available in the lobby!

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/Bumper.jpg

TV Tapings:

Hardcore TV kicks off not in the ring, but backstage near the buffet table. Sandman and Tommy Dreamer are again at each others throats, with Peaches trying to keep the piece. This time they are interupted when they hear laughing from off screen. The camera pans back...it's ECW Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas!

Douglas: "You two are pathetic...argueing over championships...you can't even get out of your own way--"

Sandman: "I'm still good enough to kick your a**!"

Douglas: "Really? How about the two of you then meet me in the ring tonight...tag team...against a me and a partner of my choosing...that is if you don't kill each other first."

Dreamer: "It's on!"

NWA Title Tournament 1st Round match

Southern redneck brawler Rockin Rebel stands ZERO chance here against Awesome. Big Mike shows off his impressive array of power moves and stiff strikes on his way to a dominating victory, capping it off with an Awesome Bomb that almost knocks Rebel unconscious.

Winner at 5:20 via Awesome Bomb...

Mike Awesome!

Rockin Rebel wouldn't be rockin after facing Mike Awesome:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/RockinRebel.jpg

This match is much more competitive than the last. Despite the big size advantage for Harris, Taz holds his own in the strength department. Conspicuous by his abscence is Sabu, Taz's regular tag team partner. Woman and later Ron Harris interfere multiple times on Don's behalf, but no one is out to help the Tazmaniac. Despite the constant interference, Tazmaniac kicks out after an H-Bomb from Don Harris and manages to lock in the Tazmission. Referee John Finnegan prevents both Ron Harris and Woman from interfering, then turns around to see Don Harris franticaly tapping out to the Tazmaniac's dreaded submission!

Winner at 7:12 via Tazmission...

The Tazmaniac!

ECW Television Title match

Mikey Whipwreck © vs Stevie Richards

Stevie Richards is in rare form tonight, riling up the fans from the opening bell. He stalls for nearly a minute, making referee John Finnegan check and re-check Whipwreck for foriegn objects. Once the match begins, he counters every bit of offense from Whipwreck with an eye-gouge...or a bite to the nose...or a low blow. Finally, Mikey's had enough. He goes all "Jeremy" on Richards, stunning him with a suprise left. Then a series of punches that staggers Stevie across the ring. Finally a right handed haymaker sends Richards flying over the top rope.

Crowd: "E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!"

Richards then sets the crowd off. He argues with referee John Finnegan for over a minute, rationalizing that since it's an NWA sanctioned title tournament match then NWA rules apply, therefore, Whipwreck should be disqualified for tossing Richards over the top rope. Finnegan diagrees. They are about to lock up again, only to see Richards slide out of the ring and pout that Finnegan ruled against him. Finally, Richards grabs the ECW Television belt and renters the ring. He tries to take out Mikey with the belt but Finnegan takes it off him and tosses it out of the ring. Richards has no choice, the referee is warning he's going to DQ him, a very rare thing in ECW. Richards has to rely on his natural wrestling talents. He and Whipwreck trade holds for several minutes, with Mikey gaining the upperhand. Whipwreck lays Richards out with a swinging neckbreaker, but Richards kicks out of the ensuing pin attempt. Whipwreck then climbs to the top rope, but stops to soak in the cheers from the crowd. This gives Richards a chance to recover. By the time Whipwreck jumps off the top rope, Richards is already back to his feet. Richards catches Mikey in mid-air with a sick dropkick! Richards then drags Mikey to his feet and finishes him off with a Stevie-T for the win.

Winner at 7:51 by Stevie T...

...and NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW ECW Television Champion...

Stevie Richards!

Stevie's all smiles after winning his first singles title:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/Richardscelebrates.jpg

After the match, Richards hugs his newly won title belt. He then pulls out a few sheets of notebook paper, apparently Stevie has prepared a speech for this momentus occasion!

Richards: (imitating Lou Gehrig) "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth...."

Richards then goes on to talk about how the fans never believed in him...how he overcame the odds...how he's worked harder than anyone else in ECW to be a champion...in fact Richards goes on and on and on about his favorite subject...Stevie Richards. The fans grow more and more annoyed, their jeers turning into a deafening chant of...

"SHUT THE F*CK UP...SHUT THE F*CK UP...SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!!"

But Richards just keeps going on and on and on as we cut to a commercial.

Back from break...

...Richards is still in the ring going on and on and on even though he can't be heard over the ECW crowd, who now have resorted to throwing beer cans and other trash at Richards. Mercifully, Paul Heyman eventually brings out a pair of uniformed security to escort Richards from the ring.

Gade: B-

It's time for the main event. Sandman and Tommy Dreamer (w/Peaches) are out first to a huge ovation. Shane Douglas is out next. He cautiously climbs onto the ring apron then stops. He points back towards the entrance curtain. After a few tense moments the crowd goes absolutely ballistic...the classic theme plays and Douglas' partner arrives...

Joey Styles: "OH MY GAWD!!! It's Terry Funk!!!!"

Fans are stunned as Terry Funk heads to the ring:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/HeelFunk.jpg

Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman (w/Peaches) vs Shane Douglas & Terry Funk

For the first five minutes of the match, almost nothing can be heard but the ECW fans screaming their disapproval at Funk. Every bit of offense by Funk is met with chants of...

"YOU SOLD OUT...YOU SOLD OUT"

and

"F*CK YOU TERRY (clap clap..clap clap clap) F*CK YOU TERRY (clap clap..clap clap clap)"

Eventually Funk has seen enough. He takes down Dreamer with a Lariat but instead of pressing his advantage he tags in Shane Douglas. Douglas does almost all the wrestling for the rest of the match as Funk spends most of the time argueing with the fans. At times he seems almost to regret his decision, that is until someone hurls food or beer at him, then he yells angrily at them. Not only is Terry Funk preoccupied with the crowd, but Dreamer and Sandman seem caught up in the atmosphere as well. This may be the loudest we've ever heard the ECW Arena. Sandman and Dreamer seem to pay more attention to the crowds interaction with Terry Funk than they do Shane Douglas. Bad move, as Douglas is an elite wrestler and he capitalizes, dominating most of the match. In the end, Douglas lays out both Dreamer and Sandman with a steel chair. Just to rub it in the fans faces, he tags in Terry Funk and the Funker forces a humiliated Sandman to tap out to his finisher, the Spinning Toe Hold.

Winners at 13:44 when Sandman tapped out to Terry Funk...

Shane Douglas and Terry Funk!

Sandman vs Shane Douglas:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/JackKnifed72/ECW/sandman_douglas.jpg

After the match, the ECW Arena is almost in a state of riot. Rather than risking an incident in the ring Shane Douglas and Terry Funk escape to the Eagle's Nest, the partially enclosed balcony overlooking the ring. They comandeer a couple of mics and chase off Joey Styles before addressing the fans...

Douglas: "Ha Ha Ha...How many times will you morons underestimate Shane Douglas. I am the ECW Heavyweight Champion...I will be the NWA World Champion in just a few short weeks...I am greatness and Terry Funk is a legend...a man that deserves greatness himself..."

Funk: "That's right. Ya see all this time I spent bustin my a** for you people and for what? Shane Douglas took the ECW title. The Public Enemy took the tag team titles...H*ll even that putz Stevie Richards got a belt..."

Funk has to stop as he cannot be heard over the booing of the crowd...

Douglas: "Ya Know what Terry, forget about these people. You don't owe them an explanation...you don't owe them jack sh*t...all you people need to know is that now, Terry Funk rides in limousines with the Franchise while you losers take the bus to your minimum wage jobs...the few of you that have jobs that is..."

Douglas ducks as a beer bottle flies out of the crowd and almost catches him square in the mouth. He starts to talk again but stops, drops his mic and whispers something to Terry Funk. Shane Douglas and Terry Funk walk off as Hardcore TV comes to a close.

Grade: B

EC-DUB! EC-DUB! EC-DUB! EC-DUB!

Show Grade: C+

Archived