WMMA4 Possible?

Unless Adam is making a new series based on an interest I don't know he has, I think the possibilities are CBH 2, WreSpi 3, or MMASpi.

What else could he do with comic books, wrestling, or MMA outside of these options?

A boxing sim would be awesome, though. I'm just sayin'.

He already said he isn't enough of a boxing fan to do it justice.

WMMA2 was a huge improvement over the original. However i have to say that WMMA3 did not solve the issues the second edition had, starting with the signing of new fighters.

I still spend a good 30% of the time signing new workers when i should be spending time booking and watching fights. The signing fighters part is generic anyway, so there is no point in wasting time with it. Also the autosign (or whatever it is called) is not a good enough solution because for some reason they sometimes fail to sign the guy. At least 1 out of 5 fighters do not get resigned (maybe more).

Needless to say though, i would be very interested in buying the new version. WMMA is nowhere as near a finished product in comparison to TEW and i like MMA much more these days anyway.

Yeah, 2014 is a long wait.

WMMA has such great potential. More and more people watch MMA everyday. The market is still growing at a furious rate, it's the perfect game to bring out next.

I've got about 3 or 4 of my friends to buy WMMA3 and they all loved it.

There is some big changes that could be made to take this game to the next level and I just wish that would happen.

WMMA2 was a huge improvement over the original. However i have to say that WMMA3 did not solve the issues the second edition had, starting with the signing of new fighters.

I still spend a good 30% of the time signing new workers when i should be spending time booking and watching fights. The signing fighters part is generic anyway, so there is no point in wasting time with it. Also the autosign (or whatever it is called) is not a good enough solution because for some reason they sometimes fail to sign the guy. At least 1 out of 5 fighters do not get resigned (maybe more).

Needless to say though, i would be very interested in buying the new version. WMMA is nowhere as near a finished product in comparison to TEW and i like MMA much more these days anyway.

I think there are bigger issues. The inability to book multiple tv shows limits a bellator style promotion and fighter tactics are another big one.

As far as what he is working on it's probably something from left field. I think wreslpi is dead. Mmaspi would be cool but thats less likely. It could be CBH2 which has some potential, but I will be massively disappointed if that is what it ia. I suspect I ill be unhappy with whatever the project ends up being though. WMMA is due some love.

<p>Another diappointed here. WMMA in theory is abgreat game, but in practice contracts and fighter/AI strategy let it down.</p><p> </p><p>

I hope WMMA 4 is able to get high on the todo list, and includes:</p><p>

</p><ul><li>An effective auto renew contract process<br /></li><li>A system where unsigned fighters fight more regularly<br /></li><li>A system whe the AI uses it's own fighters properly, or signs fewer numbers so there's more unsigned guys fighting more regularly as above<br /></li><li>Only the national/international orgs use exclusive contracts, so fighters can fight for a number of companies as in real life at the lower level<br /></li><li>Contract lengths are shorter: fighters shouldn't insist on 6-9 months per fight, especially when on exclusive deals<br /></li><li>Fighter strategy is improved<br /></li><li>A random fighter generator<br /></li><li>Tracker for career earnings<br /></li><li>Ability to book multiple TV shows in advance<br /></li><li>Improved use of camps by fighters<br /></li></ul><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="green poncho" data-cite="green poncho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35528" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He already said he isn't enough of a boxing fan to do it justice.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know, but he can always discover a passion for it.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

[*]A system whe the AI uses it's own fighters properly, or signs fewer numbers so there's more unsigned guys fighting more regularly as above

[*]Only the national/international orgs use exclusive contracts, so fighters can fight for a number of companies as in real life at the lower level

[*]Contract lengths are shorter: fighters shouldn't insist on 6-9 months per fight, especially when on exclusive deals

This!

How annoying is it when your roster is a bit bloated, so you let a star prospect sign elsewhere to build up. Only he signed a 60 month contract, 5 fights with a small company and then they book him in one fight every three years... It's ruined so many fighters its unreal.

I recently jumped from BAMMA to UFC on my game. Some of their top guys havent been booked in four years, including three champions who haven't fought since my game started.

• 2 weeks later...
He already said he isn't enough of a boxing fan to do it justice.

That may be true, but one can always dream. I would love to see a boxing game with a good financial model, an injury model, and a career management mode.

I am not a fan of real-life MMA, but I love this particular game. I love the fact that you can develop a fighter's career.

Archived