DOTM: March 2013 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken and The Final Countdown for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. Please place a link to the diary you are nominating.

6. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

7. You may not nominate yourself

8. All nominations must include a reason

9. Nominations do NOT need a second. So, once a diary has been nominated PLEASE do NOT nominate it again!

10. No Rookie DOTM this month so everyone qualifies for Cornellverse/Mod DOTM.

11. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

12. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette and NoNeck.

13. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

14. You may NOT nominate Trademark Pro Wrestling by Dragonmack for Cornellverse DOTM

15. You may NOT nominate 1994 Triangle Match: WCW by justtxyank or DIASPORA- Takayuki of the Revolution-13 (Thunderverse) by Tigerkinney for Mod DOTM

16. You may NOT nominate 1994 Triangle Match: WCW by justtxyank or SWF: Where Men Become LEGENDS by Eisen-verse for Monthly Spotlight DOTM

17. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

Monthly Spotlight Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until April 1st 2013 (6 am Pacific Time)

I wanted to let everyone that I raised the time for nominations to be in from noon to 6 am. The reason is that April 1 is going to be a very busy day for me. If I am gonna have any chance at getting the polls out that day, it needs to be very early in the morning. I thank you all for your understanding.

Mod DOTM: WWF: The Golden Age...and beyond? by The Final Countdown

- It's one of the best written diaries I've read in a long time. The show layouts are very good looking and he has all of the characters down to a T.

Second mod DOTM: WCW 1994: The Battle Lines Have Been Drawn by Jon Snow

- Yes, it is my brother's diary, and I feel as if it hasn't gotten enough recognition. It's pretty creative in that it doesn't go for Hogan/Flair right off the bat, and instead chooses a different route. It's a pretty easy read too.

Monthly Spotlight: Wrestlemania III by The Final Countdown

- It was just absolutely awesome. Especially because of the way it fits within the story, not being the pinnacle of wrestling like the event was in real life. It is extremely interesting in concept and the writeup is fantastic.

Sorry CornellVerse guys :(

One more nomination for: Emerald Pro Wrestling: Devine Intervention by Occasional_Z. Backstage segments still great and still very effective in showing the dynamic between Mr. and Mrs. Darryl Devine.

Dunno if it's too early to nominate Capital City Wrestling by christmas_ape. He did a great job on this diary's predecessor (Dawn of an Era), and even if the first show hasn't been put up yet, I like the unorthodox concept and the diary's whole look and feel in general.

We should be up-to-date.

Dunno if it's too early to nominate Capital City Wrestling by christmas_ape. He did a great job on this diary's predecessor (Dawn of an Era), and even if the first show hasn't been put up yet, I like the unorthodox concept and the diary's whole look and feel in general.

This one will be put up when/if the first show gets put up before the end of the month. :)

Mod DOTM: Nobby McDonald presents Pro Wrestling...But Not Quite As You Know It

Taking what is now considered the cream of the crop of talent now but in 2002 were considered young rookies and showing the trials and tribulations of a small company. Plus pre-WWE Drew McIntyre, what's not to love? :p

CVERSE DOTM: Harder for me this one but I'm going with 1PWFan and CWWF: Canada's Newest Hitmakers.

Focusing on an underused gender in the dynasty spectrum, 1PWFan delivers with the same brand of high quality writing he usually does. Continuity is great as well.

MONTHLY SPOTLIGHT: 3rdStringPG's reveal of Who Paralysed Charles Avatar, a shocking reveal and beautifully written. Probably my favourite SWF dynasty because it's closer to how I would book SWF, this moment made me legitimately shocked. Found Here

I told myself that I was no longer going to nominate people but I have to nominate:

michgcs': WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History! for the MOD DOTM.

His Royal Rumble might have been one of the best written cards on this board.

For the Monthly Spotlight I would like to nominate the Royal Rumble match itself from the same diary. For the same reason as above.

I can't say that I'm a REAL WORLD reader; so, both of my nominations are going to be of the Cornellverse variety. That said, I've decided to go with two projects that have stood out to me recently. I may not always have the time to predict (given my own constraints) but I've been keeping an eye on their progress & following along. I'm hoping, once summer hits, I'll have more time to dive into everything from a reader's perspective.

All in all, here are my noms for DOTM:

Jingo has done a GREAT job of creating a truly crazy environment. To me, it's pretty close to what you can expect from ELITE's product. The clowns are crass, the women are oversexualized, and the overall feel is overtly underground. I've always been a fan of ELITE, even if it's not entirely the promotion I would watch personally (despite attempting them in my past as well due to the outrageousness of their story), but I really like the 'change of pace'/counter-culture story that it tells. We've seen A LOT of mainstream dynasties on the boards here but it's great to see someone go with something a little counter-that. Plus, I love the template that he uses (I can't quite remember who developed that; Crayon?). Great work, Jingo.

I've been following along with 3rdStringPG and his take on the SWF for quite some time now. I try not to get too invested though (as I'm one who often is afraid to inadvertently piggy-back on someone else's ideas if we're running the same company). That said, one click into his project and it's obvious that he belongs here every month. Great results (detail is there), good use of his characters (Remo with the belt), and they JUST got to International (congrats!). He's sprinkled in some of his own talent, reformed some previous teams & has evolved people like Lobbie into a unmasked force. Good stuff there. The SWF can really be booked in so many different ways, as in most all companies in the Cornellverse, and that's obvious in how different we both are as head bookers for the same company, but I'm really enjoying what he's doing. Also, just as a note, he's got a great following for a relative newcomer! This is only his 3rd project, the two not even close to this length, and it's great to see a new, budding, writer making his own way. Great stuff, PG.

Also, thank you to Angel for continuing on with being the go-to-guy for DOTM awards. I'm sure it can be a challenge, as it's just another thing to do when on the boards, but it's important to keeping the community strong.

Thanks for the nomination and the comments, E-V! :D Just a minor correction..."Doing it for Charlie" is my second diary, and the third, my HGC "side project" diary, hasn't even got a first show posted yet. But that should follow over the weekend.

My bad!

I knew you were relatively new but didn't know for sure (just looked over the amount of threads you've created). That said, it's a major accomplishment to have one of your 1st dynasties go as long, and do as well, as what you're creating now with the SWF. Keep it up!

We should be up-to-date. Just a little more time to go before these end!

Also, thank you to Angel for continuing on with being the go-to-guy for DOTM awards. I'm sure it can be a challenge, as it's just another thing to do when on the boards, but it's important to keeping the community strong.

Thank you for the compliment. I enjoy doing the awards and seeing who gets where. Though it's not easy so I do enjoy the words of thanks.

Glad to see both 3rdStringPG's and Michgcs's diaries already nominated, I think those would have been my picks so all I'll add is my nomination for a monthly spotlight which is Eisenverse's Captain Atomic versus Vengeance match at Awesome Impact.Found here.

P.S Flattered at my nomination! Luckily my first show was posted a few days ago so I think I'm now eligible :)

It's a double mod nod from me this month

Carving out Guerrilla Glory[Thunderverse] - by kanegan

It's always nice to see how things are coming along in the ThunderVerse a year in the future and I like the backstory

AWF: Live The Revolution [ThunderVerse] - by jhd1

The co-creator of the ThunderVerse shows us his vision for the #2 promotion in the US, what's not to like?

Archived