[RELEASE] The Main Event: Feb 1988 RW Historical Mod

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will you be adding some workers like Sasha Banks, Santana Garrett to name a couple.

I think I just added Sasha Banks as Mercedes KV recently. I'm working on getting some more current workers, though I've also been trimming the worker count a bit too. There are quite a few workers who were born in the 1920s, 30s, etc. or have been retired for years before Feb 1988 and don't have much if anything to add to the game world that have been cut from the mod to free up the space.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt Shannon" data-cite="Matt Shannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35750" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think I just added Sasha Banks as Mercedes KV recently. I'm working on getting some more current workers, though I've also been trimming the worker count a bit too. There are quite a few workers who were born in the 1920s, 30s, etc. or have been retired for years before Feb 1988 and don't have much if anything to add to the game world that have been cut from the mod to free up the space.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cool can't wait for the update of the mod. Been thinking of doing a what if TNA started in 1988.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Still have a bit of a ways to go to update this, not to mention the additional work when 2016 arrives. However, I would like to announce that Beejus gave me a great idea, and I'm going to run with it. Most of you familiar with Genadi's work may recall that he released two versions of 2001: one right before WWE purchased WCW and before ECW going bankrupt, and another set that started in May 2001, after WWE bought out WCW and ECW went belly up. With that said, for 2016, I will be releasing not only an updated February 1988 data set, but will also release a January 1988 data set. Allow me to explain:

For those who want to run the first ever Royal Rumble yourself, January 1988 will be for you. And if you decide you want to swerve and maybe either have Andre turn on DiBiase and decide not to to his bidding, have DiBiase turn on Andre and pick someone else or what have you, then you have the time to do that. The world will be your oyster. If you want to jump straight into the Hogan/Andre/DiBiase saga, and you don't mind that Jim Duggan was the first Royal Rumble winner, then the February 1988 data will be for you.

Still have a bit of a ways to go to update this, not to mention the additional work when 2016 arrives. However, I would like to announce that Beejus gave me a great idea, and I'm going to run with it. Most of you familiar with Genadi's work may recall that he released two versions of 2001: one right before WWE purchased WCW and before ECW going bankrupt, and another set that started in May 2001, after WWE bought out WCW and ECW went belly up. With that said, for 2016, I will be releasing not only an updated February 1988 data set, but will also release a January 1988 data set. Allow me to explain:

For those who want to run the first ever Royal Rumble yourself, January 1988 will be for you. And if you decide you want to swerve and maybe either have Andre turn on DiBiase and decide not to to his bidding, have DiBiase turn on Andre and pick someone else or what have you, then you have the time to do that. The world will be your oyster. If you want to jump straight into the Hogan/Andre/DiBiase saga, and you don't mind that Jim Duggan was the first Royal Rumble winner, then the February 1988 data will be for you.

This just made me buy the game.

Archived