RELEASE: Version 2

Main Event Version 2

Main Event Updated GFX

Main Event Updated Workers 0-K

Main_Event Updated Workers L-Z.zip

Main Event 2 fixes

-Cleaned out a few chemistry files

-Deleted duplicate IWA Puerto Rico company

-Added potential founders to most Yet To Debut companies that didn't have them(some still missing due to not much information available)

-Virgil made an Active Wrestler and set to "Usually" for Wrestler

-Hugo Savinovich set to active in USA in addition to Mexico

It's February 1988. The world is gearing up for the biggest rematch of the decade as Hulk Hogan is set to defend the WWF Championship against Andre the Giant in a rematch from their historic battle at WrestleMania III in front of over 93,000 fans at the Pontiac Silverdome. And here's the kicker: Andre has promised that he will be handing the title over to "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase after he wins it from Hogan! Also on tap is "Macho Man" Randy Savage looking to get revenge against WWF Intercontinental Champion Honky Tonk Man after he shoved Elizabeth down to the canvas on a recent Saturday Night's Main Event.

Meanwhile, over at the NWA, there seems to be a new star on the horizon in the form of Sting, who is really catching on with the fans. He's feuding with NWA World Champion Ric Flair, and a showdown between the two for the title is inevitable.

With the WWF's popularity at an all time high, and the NWA trying to gain ground, smaller companies such as the CWA, AWA and WCCW may have to put their differences aside and merge into a huge promotion of their own. But can the respective egos be kept in check?

I asked for and received permission from Genadi and justtxyank and will be using their respective Golden Age and Rising Storms mods as a base for this one. Huge thanks to my beta testing team of franticloser, Smasher, and PaulSkln; Genadi, shawnmichaels82, justtxyank, Idolized, alvarasus and rufas for allowing me to use any data that I needed; thanks to Derek B for the mod making guide; thanks to everyone who has been posting in this thread with advice on what to do for the data; and of course thanks to Adam Ryland for making the game to begin with. :D

Any and all data, graphics and pics are free to use for anyone for whatever reason they want to use it for.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This looks awesome. :) I'd be happy to test.

Already had you pegged to be a tester. :D

Also, just to let everyone know, I'm taking a bit of an unconventional turn on Lifestyle stats. Workers who people have only speculated might have a problem most times won't get ticked. The first two examples that come to mind are Triple H and John Cena. Every mod I see has them ticked with Steroid problems at over 50%, despite the fact that it has never been proven, and neither have failed any drug tests that we know of. Add to the fact that they are two of the most laid back guys out of character, which is hardly the character trait of someone who does steroids. So in essence, I'm not ticking them. Now someone like Scott Steiner, who it's pretty obvious, especially with how much he rages, yeah, I would tick him.

With that statement you just became my favorite modder, it bugs me when guys who ave never actually been caught doing anything are pegged, or people who have used, are way to high, or just out landish crap like Sting being on hard drugs. Would be happy to test if needed

With that statement you just became my favorite modder, it bugs me when guys who ave never actually been caught doing anything are pegged, or people who have used, are way to high, or just out landish crap like Sting being on hard drugs. Would be happy to test if needed

Thanks a lot. Coming from you, that means quite a bit. :) *note to self: I better not get a big head, this is only my first full mod* :p But yeah, basically, I'm going to do my best to take a common sense approach to the lifestyle choices. Sure, Andre the Giant was known for being a heavy drinker, but 1) he was still sober when drinking others under the table, and 2) it rarely, if ever, negatively effected his performance.

Speaking of Andre, I'm setting his English to Fluent because of how the game dings you even when the language is set to Passable. To me, if they know all the words to form sentences and paragraphs, that should be fluent. If anything, I would just give him lower mic skills.

I'll definitely let you test, along with Kijar.

Good call on the lifestyle decision. I'm of the belief that you should work towards an expected level of performance in a real world mod. It's no good having a perfectly scalable mod if every show John Cena headlines (i.e. most of the modern day PPVs) gets a C+.

Same for Andre - he could speak English it was really his voice (and to some degree accent) that made him more difficult to understand.

Not sure how to take that lol, wasn't aware I've done anything on here to be something special.

Well you have become a bit of a forum veteran. :p And you give good feedback on mods. ^_^

+franticloser is a locker room leader :D

Good call on the lifestyle decision. I'm of the belief that you should work towards an expected level of performance in a real world mod. It's no good having a perfectly scalable mod if every show John Cena headlines (i.e. most of the modern day PPVs) gets a C+.

Same for Andre - he could speak English it was really his voice (and to some degree accent) that made him more difficult to understand.

Good to see there are peeps out there that understand where I'm coming from on this. Something else that made me go "What?" was when I was reading Final Countdown's Golden Age Dynasty and saw that Hogan and Andre bombed for... lack of psychology? How many times has it been vouched for by the numerous veterans of the 80s that Andre had very good psychology? And then I see things like his selling at levels like 20%. Really? Really? Really? Like Bill "Demolition Ax" Eadie said, if Andre can sell, anybody should be able to sell. But hey, what does he know? He only knew how to work.

Well you have become a bit of a forum veteran. :p And you give good feedback on mods. ^_^

+franticloser is a locker room leader :D

Good to see there are peeps out there that understand where I'm coming from on this. Something else that made me go "What?" was when I was reading Final Countdown's Golden Age Dynasty and saw that Hogan and Andre bombed for... lack of psychology? How many times has it been vouched for by the numerous veterans of the 80s that Andre had very good psychology? And then I see things like his selling at levels like 20%. Really? Really? Really? Like Bill "Demolition Ax" Eadie said, if Andre can sell, anybody should be able to sell. But hey, what does he know? He only knew how to work.

Why he has bad psychology I have no idea. I would think his health would of been a problem. I have seen enough Andre matches to know he sells.

I could be wrong, but from what I seem to recall reading, I think the psychology note came from both Hogan and Andre having psychology scores lower than what was expected for their match. It's pretty much the only time workers with over 70 in psychology get dinged for it, from what I recall from the Small Questions thread.

EDIT: Also, I probably could have worded my previous post better and not sound so bitter or frustrated. So my apologies to anyone that might have been turned off by that. Don't get me wrong, I believe in calling a spade a spade, but there are better ways to go about it, and I should follow my own advice. ^_^

While on the subject of selling, I wonder how I should rate someone like the Ultimate Warrior, who got a reputation among the IWC for no-selling, but when you look back on it, it's only when he's facing tomato cans. Don't think a character like his would be selling much for jobbers.

The bigger guys can be tricky when it comes to finding the right stat range for their selling ability. Sure, you don't want them rated so high that they're right up there with Dolph Ziggler, Curt Hennig or Shawn Michaels for selling, but they shouldn't always be bringing the match grades down for lack of selling, I don't think anyway. But I'm not paid to think. :p

While on the subject of selling, I wonder how I should rate someone like the Ultimate Warrior, who got a reputation among the IWC for no-selling, but when you look back on it, it's only when he's facing tomato cans. Don't think a character like his would be selling much for jobbers.

The bigger guys can be tricky when it comes to finding the right stat range for their selling ability. Sure, you don't want them rated so high that they're right up there with Dolph Ziggler, Curt Hennig or Shawn Michaels for selling, but they shouldn't always be bringing the match grades down for lack of selling, I don't think anyway. But I'm not paid to think. :p

I would watch matches on youtube and dailymotion with him. See how much he no sells in them matches.

I would watch matches on youtube and dailymotion with him. See how much he no sells in them matches.

You mean the marquee ones against name wrestlers such as Rick Rude, Macho Man, etc.? Might help if I watch his match against Hercules again since this is based on 1988.

You mean the marquee ones against name wrestlers such as Rick Rude, Macho Man, etc.? Might help if I watch his match against Hercules again since this is based on 1988.

Yes that would help. Hence why I fixed and changed stats on guys like Andre because they were horrible. Now Hogan and Andre will have 96 rated matches. How NJPW booked it I have no idea but they pulled it off.

Thanks for the kind words, I had no idea I just chug along as life long fan of wrestling, a former trainee, and a follower of Adam's since ewd I just try and voice my opinion, as I see it. On the topic of guys getting bad selling rates, I think it gets over blown, like when Taker or H have bad selling, when in real life, it's they're characters who don't sell, and even then they sell when needed or against big names.

I think guys who should be marked low on selling, are the indy guys who just go move move move move, stand still hand shake. No selling it's just spot fests with no psychology involved. Not guys like the Road Warriors, who where pushed as monsters, who didn't get hurt, but when called on to do so can sell.

Go watch the first MitB and watch Benoit after the Kane ladder spot he sold his arm the whole match like it was broken, that's selling. Now go watch a Teddy Hart vs Jack Evans match. Nothing means anything it's just spots, that's lack of selling

Thanks for the kind words, I had no idea I just chug along as life long fan of wrestling, a former trainee, and a follower of Adam's since ewd I just try and voice my opinion, as I see it. On the topic of guys getting bad selling rates, I think it gets over blown, like when Taker or H have bad selling, when in real life, it's they're characters who don't sell, and even then they sell when needed or against big names.

I think guys who should be marked low on selling, are the indy guys who just go move move move move, stand still hand shake. No selling it's just spot fests with no psychology involved. Not guys like the Road Warriors, who where pushed as monsters, who didn't get hurt, but when called on to do so can sell.

Go watch the first MitB and watch Benoit after the Kane ladder spot he sold his arm the whole match like it was broken, that's selling. Now go watch a Teddy Hart vs Jack Evans match. Nothing means anything it's just spots, that's lack of selling

Thanks for the tips! And yeah, I definitely had Teddy Hart pegged as someone who'd get a low selling grade, especially for anyone who remembers that infamous post-cage match incident at ROH that got just about everyone in the back pissed(and rightfully so).

I'm thinking for Ultimate Warrior, maybe somewhere in the high 60s to low 70s because like you said, when called upon, he could make it look like he was hurt, though he was much better at that in his later years when he had his best matches against Rick Rude and Randy Savage.

And a quick question: Does the Booking Skill rating have any bearing on how well a road agent can put together a match, or is that just psychology and respect? Want to make sure I'm giving ratings as accurate as I can, which can be hard when they're subjective.

Thanks for the tips! And yeah, I definitely had Teddy Hart pegged as someone who'd get a low selling grade, especially for anyone who remembers that infamous post-cage match incident at ROH that got just about everyone in the back pissed(and rightfully so).

I'm thinking for Ultimate Warrior, maybe somewhere in the high 60s to low 70s because like you said, when called upon, he could make it look like he was hurt, though he was much better at that in his later years when he had his best matches against Rick Rude and Randy Savage.

And a quick question: Does the Booking Skill rating have any bearing on how well a road agent can put together a match, or is that just psychology and respect? Want to make sure I'm giving ratings as accurate as I can, which can be hard when they're subjective.

Booking skills have nothing to do with road agents as far as I can tell. I have 99 road agents and only 217 potential bookers. So I think in ring and performance skills have bearing on how well a road agent can put togerther matches.

I'll run a test game in the C-Verse later today. But this does sound about right as I was checking C-Verse stats and several of the road agents who had high respect and psychology stats had low booking skill ratings. So I guess the last thing to ask is, what is the booking skill stat for, exactly?

I'll run a test game in the C-Verse later today. But this does sound about right as I was checking C-Verse stats and several of the road agents who had high respect and psychology stats had low booking skill ratings. So I guess the last thing to ask is, what is the booking skill stat for, exactly?

Road agents 'rating' is based on their psychology and is then weighted based on respect (in other words, a more respected veteran will be a better road agent than a less respected RA with the same psychology).

Booking reputation affects how well a booker is perceived in real life and affects his/her chances of being hired to a booking position. The booking skill is just that, their ability to book an AI promotion successfully. The two were separated in 2010 to allow for bookers who have big reputations that are overrated (the typical example being Vince Russo) and the underrated geniuses.

From the 2010 help file....

Booking Reputation

This is how well respected the worker is as a booker. The higher this value is, the bigger the promotions that will hire him as head booker. A score below 25, for example, would almost certainly limit him to jobs with small promotions. A score of zero means he can never become head booker during gameplay.

Booking Skill

This is how good the worker is at booking. A score between 70 and 80 would be considered “neutral”; anything higher than that and he would have a beneficial impact on the promotion, anything lower and he would have a negative impact. Booking skill primarily impacts hiring (a very low score would introduce a large element of randomness and result in far more poor quality hirings) and booking (a very low score would mean more randomness in who he books in what position on the card against what opponent, resulting in bizarre badly-booked events).

Road agents 'rating' is based on their psychology and is then weighted based on respect (in other words, a more respected veteran will be a better road agent than a less respected RA with the same psychology).

Booking reputation affects how well a booker is perceived in real life and affects his/her chances of being hired to a booking position. The booking skill is just that, their ability to book an AI promotion successfully. The two were separated in 2010 to allow for bookers who have big reputations that are overrated (the typical example being Vince Russo) and the underrated geniuses.

From the 2010 help file....

Awesome, thanks a bunch for the help. So basically, I'd set like Vince Russo with a high Booking Reputation, but low Booking Skill; Vince McMahon with high Reputation and Skill, and so on and so forth.

With this said, since this mod starts in February 1988, how should I be setting the Booking Reputation of guys who would go on to work as bookers and/or promoters, i.e. Jake Roberts(helped book for the WWF in 1996), Jacques Rougeau(started his own school and promotion), Shawn Michaels(see Jacques Rougeau), and the like?

Awesome, thanks a bunch for the help. So basically, I'd set like Vince Russo with a high Booking Reputation, but low Booking Skill; Vince McMahon with high Reputation and Skill, and so on and so forth.

Yep.

With this said, since this mod starts in February 1988, how should I be setting the Booking Reputation of guys who would go on to work as bookers and/or promoters, i.e. Jake Roberts(helped book for the WWF in 1996), Jacques Rougeau(started his own school and promotion), Shawn Michaels(see Jacques Rougeau), and the like?

Carefully. The last thing you want is for Stu Hart to retire and Randy Savage to take over (as has happened to me recently). Again, it's a case of gameplay over reality - do you want to see Shawn Michaels as head booker of a company at some point in his career? If not then don't give him booking skills, its not as if every booker ever needs the skills.

Alternatively (or as well, depending on how many this applies to), you could give them a decent booking skill but a fairly non-existent reputation. Both reputation and skill can increase with time (when in a job, obviously), so you could have someone start at the bottom and work their way up.

Again, it really depends how you want to see the world develop. If Shawn Michaels can only work for small companies then he won't join WCW as a booker, but he might join CHIKARA years down the line. Personally, I'd find that too odd a development and would rather he didn't book at all.

Does that help?

Yep.

Carefully. The last thing you want is for Stu Hart to retire and Randy Savage to take over (as has happened to me recently). Again, it's a case of gameplay over reality - do you want to see Shawn Michaels as head booker of a company at some point in his career? If not then don't give him booking skills, its not as if every booker ever needs the skills.

Alternatively (or as well, depending on how many this applies to), you could give them a decent booking skill but a fairly non-existent reputation. Both reputation and skill can increase with time (when in a job, obviously), so you could have someone start at the bottom and work their way up.

Again, it really depends how you want to see the world develop. If Shawn Michaels can only work for small companies then he won't join WCW as a booker, but he might join CHIKARA years down the line. Personally, I'd find that too odd a development and would rather he didn't book at all.

Does that help?

Definitely does. Again mucho thanks! ^_^

I think what I'll do is the former, giving them a low reputation(maybe even 1%?) and very low skills.

Archived