Bugs/Suggestions Thread

Running a historical league and at the end of the first month, there were two players named as both rookie of the month and player of the month. One of them was a rookie, the other was not.

Looks like a bug from when I switched rookie award eligibility to be based on experience in that league. Fixed for version 3.0.20.

It appears to be an error in the news section but also, when checking the players' achievements pages, both have a player of the month award listed. Neither has the rookie award (not sure if those are tracked).

There is no current tracking for rookie of the month on the player profile.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is is possible players who test free agency, only to later resign, lose their effect on cohesion?

Players do not lose their effect on cohesion when they are in FA. Cohesion is based on the players currently on the roster. If you have one player, it would be perfect. Based on this it is not accurate during the offseason so it will no longer be displayed during the offseason starting in 3.0.20. You need to compare the value to the value at the end of the previous season.

This is also true for unhappy players. If they test FA and you re-sign them, they are happy again.

I tend to think if they resign with you then they have forgiven you. Open for discussion...

In addition to the above suspicions, I'm also noticing that players who re-sign with their team in free agency are ineligible to be traded for 90 days.

Changed for version 3.0.20.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brian Nichols" data-cite="Brian Nichols" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35816" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I tend to think if they resign with you then they have forgiven you. Open for discussion...</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the other changes and clarification.</p><p> </p><p> As for this one, I think you should have to overwhelm them with $$$ in free agency to be forgiven. If they are unhappy, a minimum offer from an opposing team should be preferred over a double of the minimum from you.</p><p> </p><p> Watching this Omri Casspi thing in Cleveland this past year, there wasn't any chance he was coming back here for any amount of money. He'd rather play in a foreign league than Cleveland. And he was just an unhappy role player. Green/Green types should be even more unwilling to resign when unhappy.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scoman" data-cite="scoman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35816" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I dont know if this has been mentioned but the team setup page is a blank screen</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Uninstall and reinstall. One of the components isn't properly setup so it prevents that screen from loading.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jfb8300" data-cite="jfb8300" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35816" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the other changes and clarification.<p> </p><p> As for this one, I think you should have to overwhelm them with $$$ in free agency to be forgiven. If they are unhappy, a minimum offer from an opposing team should be preferred over a double of the minimum from you.</p><p> </p><p> Watching this Omri Casspi thing in Cleveland this past year, there wasn't any chance he was coming back here for any amount of money. He'd rather play in a foreign league than Cleveland. And he was just an unhappy role player. Green/Green types should be even more unwilling to resign when unhappy.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can see this though I don't think it should be hard coded as double the amount.</p><p> </p><p> Unhappy players should probably weigh a few more things like, most especially the current roster versus the former (ie: have they signed anyone that would likely force me into even less minutes; did they let that player go and now I look like the guy they are hoping to give those minutes).</p><p> </p><p> Having said that, it would be nice if they had a memory. If you re-signed that guy, he assumes he now can play as much as he wants (because of the current roster) and then you sign another player like him, he should immediately be unhappy.</p><p> </p><p> I'm curious to know what affect morale has on a roster. Is it simply affecting cohesion and then it trickles down from there?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Carlos" data-cite="Carlos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35816" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm curious to know what affect morale has on a roster. Is it simply affecting cohesion and then it trickles down from there?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Individual player happiness and cohesion are considered separately so one unhappy player won't bring down the team.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ranger" data-cite="ranger" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35816" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Began a multiplayer league in 1947 and Stan Miasek won the MVP, Rookie of the year and most improved player. He's supposedly a 2nd year guy so shouldn't have been eligible for ROY.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you on 3.0.20?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brian Nichols" data-cite="Brian Nichols" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35816" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you on 3.0.20?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. The season started on 3.0.19 though.</p>

<p>I'm in the process of starting an online league (using version 3.0.20), but I'm having a little problem with the setup.</p><p>

If you activate the historial leagues and chose historical database as initial player source, the contracts are random.</p><p>

If you activate the historial leagues and chose USA 2012 as initial player source, the contracts are correct, but every player is eligible for the rookie awards in the first season.</p><p>

If you activate the USA 2012 league and chose USA 2012 as initial player source, there is no D-League.</p><p>

Is there a way to have the correct contracts, the D-League and not have everyone eligible for the rookie awards?</p>

• 4 weeks later...
Okay I got a weird bug. I'm in the 1982 draft and at two different times in the 1st round, a player gets drafted in back to back spots. The Spurs took Sleepy Floyd at 2 then the Kings took him at 3. Then the 76ers took Rod Higgins at 14 then the Clippers took him at 15. There is only one player file for both men, but they appear on both teams rosters.

<p>Need to try Franchise Hockey Manager beacuse you notice in August and September in first season lost of moves are happening like Trades and also in July lots of Free-Agents are signing each year so if you try full Offseason mode in this Game becuase not all Free-Agents are signing at once.</p><p>

Also would like to see Top offer for Player you have offered a contract to.</p><p> </p><p>

Free-Agent Central to see top Free-Agents available?</p><p> </p><p>

Far fetch idea hookup with TKSPORTS so Live Play by Play could be include in Game.</p><p> </p><p>

Being able to Trade with other Leagues?</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>This is certainly not a bug, just a small suggestion.</p><p> </p><p>

While playing out a game, when you access the "Gameplan" screen, the "Key Players" portion appears to show mainly offensive attributes. Would it be possible to show [some] defensive attributes as well? Often during a game I want to put a different guy on the other team's best player in an attempt to slow him down. But I often forget who my best outside or inside defender is.</p>

Archived