How to use Managers/Backstage Interviewers correctly

I've had this problem with a couple of my games, I've never quite figured out how to work these positions right. I can do it fairly well with a manager who has more popularity than his clients, like a Jim Cornette or someone like that, but it seems counterproductive to me to have a manager (for example, in my '94 game, Harvey Wippleman for a guy like Kwang or Adam Bomb) talk for his client when his popularity is so much lower (despite rating the angle on Microphone or Entertainment) even if those specific traits are much higher. So basically I don't know how to increase popularity/momentum of managers who need to be mouthpieces for their clients.

I have a similar question about backstage interviewers. No matter how many interviews I put Todd Pettingill in, his momentum is still 10 and his popularity is in the teens-20s. And he kills the ratings every single time, whether I put him in under Microphone, Entertainment, or even Not Rated. So I'm not quite sure what to do with something like that, especially if I need someone to build the popularity of the guy he's interviewing ala Mean Gene.

If this belongs in the "Small Questions" thread, I'd definitely move it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RKOwnage" data-cite="RKOwnage" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36102" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've had this problem with a couple of my games, I've never quite figured out how to work these positions right. I can do it fairly well with a manager who has more popularity than his clients, like a Jim Cornette or someone like that, but it seems counterproductive to me to have a manager (for example, in my '94 game, Harvey Wippleman for a guy like Kwang or Adam Bomb) talk for his client when his popularity is so much lower (despite rating the angle on Microphone or Entertainment) even if those specific traits are much higher. So basically I don't know how to increase popularity/momentum of managers who need to be mouthpieces for their clients.<p> </p><p> I have a similar question about backstage interviewers. No matter how many interviews I put Todd Pettingill in, his momentum is still 10 and his popularity is in the teens-20s. And he kills the ratings every single time, whether I put him in under Microphone, Entertainment, or even Not Rated. So I'm not quite sure what to do with something like that, especially if I need someone to build the popularity of the guy he's interviewing ala Mean Gene. </p><p> </p><p> If this belongs in the "Small Questions" thread, I'd definitely move it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't tried this in awhile so I'm not sure if it still works or not after the recent patches, but I'm going to assume that it still does because it falls under upping one's pop. Using the same mod I believe you're talking about, I hired an announcer that I added into the data for my own game with zero pop, and I used the angle writer to make some angles that were akin to those old WWF Live Event News segments(the ones that replaced Face to Face, which in turn had replaced the Event Center) they did on their syndicated shows, set the workers that were going to be talked about to On Screen and if IIRC, I believe I had all but one or two of them set to be rated on Overness(the other two rated on Entertainment). I'd use my most over workers for the segments, with the announcer in the Support role. Over time, he went from zero pop everywhere except for one area where he had 5 pop, to pop everywhere in the 50s region. I can't remember how many shows it took though since I haven't touched that save in awhile. >.<</p>

I haven't tried this in awhile so I'm not sure if it still works or not after the recent patches, but I'm going to assume that it still does because it falls under upping one's pop. Using the same mod I believe you're talking about, I hired an announcer that I added into the data for my own game with zero pop, and I used the angle writer to make some angles that were akin to those old WWF Live Event News segments(the ones that replaced Face to Face, which in turn had replaced the Event Center) they did on their syndicated shows, set the workers that were going to be talked about to On Screen and if IIRC, I believe I had all but one or two of them set to be rated on Overness(the other two rated on Entertainment). I'd use my most over workers for the segments, with the announcer in the Support role. Over time, he went from zero pop everywhere except for one area where he had 5 pop, to pop everywhere in the 50s region. I can't remember how many shows it took though since I haven't touched that save in awhile. >.<

And did those segments start out horribly and work their way up? I have no problem doing that on Superstars, but I'm just curious. I just wanna have someone who I can put in a segment with a bad talker and help get them over, whether it be an interviewer or a manager. I don't want to use Ted DiBiase and Jim Cornette for everyone :p

And did those segments start out horribly and work their way up? I have no problem doing that on Superstars, but I'm just curious. I just wanna have someone who I can put in a segment with a bad talker and help get them over, whether it be an interviewer or a manager. I don't want to use Ted DiBiase and Jim Cornette for everyone :p

Well I did save those segments for my B shows, lol. I think they started off around in the 70s or 80s and worked their way up since those main eventers were overshadowing the guy who wasn't over. Like I said, it's been awhile since I dusted off that save, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
I made a literal shit-ton of angles that have a support role based on microphone for interviewers, and interviews where the manager is the main speaker while the client(s) stand in the back to be rated on overness, menace, sex, or not rated.

I made a literal shit-ton of angles that have a support role based on microphone for interviewers, and interviews where the manager is the main speaker while the client(s) stand in the back to be rated on overness, menace, sex, or not rated.

I made a bunch of these as well. The interviewer can drag the segment down a bit of he isn't real over, but it seems to me (I'd have to go under the hood and peek at the numbers) that the interviewer/and or manager gain overness in the angles with more over workers, so eventually it should come up where they won't drag the rating down.

Think about it like this: Are backstage interviews ever really wonderful promos anymore? I mean I know the Rock cut some killer ones in his day and made his bones doing it, but those were 15 years ago lol.

So I mean backstage interview angles in this game aren't really designed to be A+ rated angles. Unless you somehow have an insanely over retired wrestler who you throw in that role.

I do carry a backstage interviewer in my one game but I essentially use her non-rated. She's just kinda there. It almost would make more sense just to have the worker in question cut a solo promo but for storyline purposes it makes sense to me.

Archived