NBA GOD: Rewriting NBA history Part 1

I usually don't do a lot of trade deadline deals, but a few situations came up. Earlier in the season, Stephon Marbury tore his ACL and his out for the year, so the Knicks lost their biggest reserve. The Knicks slide the last couple of months was another factor.

On the other side, we have the Memphis Grizzlies, who have a very cheap owner and a rising star PG who is about to become a free agent, because the owner isn't wanting to pony up the money to re-sign Nelson.

So, what happens? A four team deal.

The Knicks receive:

Jameer Nelson (via Grizzlies)

The Warriors receive:

Marko Jaric (via Knicks)

The Celtics receive:

Michael Finley (via Grizzlies)

Grizzlies 2008 2nd round pick

Grizzlies 2010 2nd round pick

The Grizzlies receive:

Carlos Arroyo (via Warriors)

Devean George (via Celtics)

Knicks 2008 1st round pick

Reason for the trade:

Knicks - While Jaric has been a very good PG, they felt Nelson has a much higher ceiling, plus they feel confident they can re-sign him after the season. At worst, it is a season rental where they have a good chance of going to the NBA Finals. The 1st round pick will probably end up being towards the back end of the 1st round, so they aren't giving up much on that end.

Warriors - They get a massive upgrade at PG. While the season is bleak and have been injured plagued, they have a good PG locked up for two more seasons.

Celtics - They had the cap room to absorb Finley's massive contract for next season and got two 2nd round picks to do so.

Grizzlies - The owner is a tightwad.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, does this mean Starbury was the reason for the Knicks' slide? Well I agree that Jameer Nelson could steady the ship in time for the playoffs. Is Starbury out for the entire season + playoffs?

Nah, they were starting to slide right before his injury. He is indeed out for the rest of the year. He's actually out until early next season.

Just watched a game between the Sonics/Knicks. The score was close until the 2nd half and the Sonics pulled ahead by as many as 16 in the 4th, but the Knicks outscored them 32-17 and won the game in the final minutes.

This is just awesome. I can see it happening in real life, too.

BREAKING NEWS:

http://i60.tinypic.com/a4ubrb.jpg

During the third to last game of the season against the Boston Celtics, the Toronto Raptors lost their All Star PF Dirk Nowitzki for the rest of the season (including playoffs) with a broken foot. The Raptors are trying to fight off the New York Knicks for both the division title and the #1 overall seed in the East, however the injury didn't slow down the Raptors as they defeated the Celtics behind a triple double from LeBron James.

How will this affect the final two games of the season and the playoffs?

BREAKING NEWS:

http://i60.tinypic.com/a4ubrb.jpg

During the third to last game of the season against the Boston Celtics, the Toronto Raptors lost their All Star PF Dirk Nowitzki for the rest of the season (including playoffs) with a broken foot. The Raptors are trying to fight off the New York Knicks for both the division title and the #1 overall seed in the East, however the injury didn't slow down the Raptors as they defeated the Celtics behind a triple double from LeBron James.

How will this affect the final two games of the season and the playoffs?

Who cares about his foot? How has he played with a missing elbow?!?!

Well, losing Dirk hurt the Raptors. They dropped their last two games and ended the season tied with the Knicks for 1st in the division and in the East and they lost the tiebreaker.

The team they lost to the final game of the season? The same team they took LeBron from...the Celtics.

Final standings.

http://i60.tinypic.com/23kyrle.jpg

Playoff Brackets:

http://i61.tinypic.com/sxj5nt.jpg

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/27/files/2014/04/carmelo-anthony-nba-brooklyn-nets-new-york-knicks1.jpg

It has not happened since the 1995-1996 NBA Playoffs, but it has happened in the 2007-2008 NBA Playoffs to the New York Knicks? What is it?

The #1 seed has been eliminated from the NBA Playoffs in the 1st round by the #8 seed. The Miami Heat pulled off a stunning upset of the New York Knicks in a 5 game series. The last time it happened, the #8 seed Utah Jazz upset the #1 seed Sacramento Kings in three straight games.

This is a heart breaking loss for the Knicks who had high hopes after signing Carmelo Anthony and Shaquille O'Neal in the offseason and getting Jameer Nelson in a trade deadline deal.

The Heat will now play the winner of the Bulls/Magic series. The Heat are no strangers to playoff upsets, last year, as the 6th seed, they upset the top three seeds in the East in route to the NBA Finals where they were swept by the Houston Rockets.

IT'S OVER

All good things must come to an end and for the Houston Rockets, they found that out firsthand. The Seattle Supersonics snapped the Rockets 5 year run as champions of the Western Conference and prevented them from 5-peating as NBA Champions. The Sonics swept the Rockets in the Western Conference Finals and now await the winner of the Bulls/Pistons series.

The Sonics will be going after their first NBA Title since 1976.

http://i57.tinypic.com/biuyaa.jpg

It only makes sense for Sonics to win the title after they were the ones to eliminate the Rockets.

Regular Season Awards:

MVP: Kevin Garnet (Rockets - 5 time winner)

Defensive Player of the Year: Kevin Garnett (Rockets - 5 time winner)

Rookie of the Year: Kevin Durant (Nuggets)

Most Improved Player: Steve Blake (Pacers)

6th Man of the Year: Ben Gordon (Sonics)

AHAHAHA I KNEW IT! LOL KNICKS!

And damn, the Rockets are finally dethroned... looks like this might be the start of a slow decline for KG and Kobe. (Not so much Kobe, but KG's days are numbered).

And just like in real life, Wade gets a ring before LeBron!

2008 Projected Draft Lottery Order:

1. Hawks

2. Grizzlies

3. Wolves

4. Spurs

5. Bucks

6. Clippers

7. 76ers

8. Nuggets (via Wizards)

9. Warriors

10. Pacers

11. Wolves (via Nuggets)

12. Cavs

13. Celtics

14. Lakers

-------------------

2008 Draft Lottery Order:

14. Lakers

13. Celtics

12. Cavs

11. Wolves (via Nuggets)

10. Pacers

9. Warriors

8. Nuggets (via Wizards)

7. 76ers

6. Bucks

5. Spurs

4. Wolves

3. Hawks

2. Grizzlies

1. Clippers

Yes, for the second straight year the Clippers climbed up all the way to the #1 pick. Will they keep the pick this year? Stay tuned!

As a New Yorker I can tell that if this did happen and the Knicks got eliminated from the NBA Playoffs in the first round as a #1 seed the NYK fans would be out for blood! Also I have Russell Westbrook as the #1 pick for the Clippers.

They already have Kyle Lowry. Love makes the most sense. They got Noah at Center, Granger at SF, and Lowry at PG.

Plugging Love in at PF would give them a pretty good starting lineup.

Archived