Time per storyline

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>OK so tested this out when I got home. 6 minutes is the minimum time required to not incur any penalties. I ran the same three angles each with two guys who are main eventers, each were a+ entertainment skills which is what the angle was judged on. I ran each at 4 minutes, 5 minutes, and 6 minutes. 4's and 5's did high B's on average. 6 minutes were 100 every time. So I think the extra two minutes might be worth it to you to consider int he future. <p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Well the guys who I let hit "fantastic" all seem to skyrocket up the card faster than the guys who don't get that far. Obviously you can't do this for everyone, but for guys I'm trying to push up the card I absolutely wait that long. And it works. So I'm gonna go ahead and keep doing it my way.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Because you fail to understand confirmation bias.</p><p> </p><p> I don't really care if you keep doing it that way but don't give it wrong advice to people.</p><p> </p><p> As stated, the only sort of people you would need to do this for is a career midcarder who has been hovering in the 50s for momentum for months...or if your storyline heat is consistently mediocre.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Most o the guys I debuted and actually have had plans for havent ever really dropped below the 70s...and "Good" alone will put them at 100 momentum after a month or two.</p>

<p>Not with adequate storyline heat no.</p><p> </p><p>

10-15 point gains in momentum are easily achieved with even Good" if your storyline heat is in the high 80s or 90s.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Plus I don't really see how one could maintain a fued that long without the worker getting naturally high momentum.</p>

<p>I actually originally didn't advise him to do what I do. I'm just explaining what I do. And when I do it, guys shoot up the card faster than guys who don't. </p><p> </p><p>

While you incorrectly said I "Fail to understand confirmation bias" you fail to understand plain english. Especially when the guy asked a simple series of questions, to which your reply was a non-answer wrongly telling him he has too many storylines. At least I'm attempting to help without sounding condescending to everyone else who is trying to do so. You're just kind of throwing your ego around telling people your opinions, some of which have been right but some blatantly wrong. Like your thoughts on having too many storylines :-)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He has too many storylines.<p> </p><p> This is correct. Deal with it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You mean to tell me there is a such thing? Surely it is up to the individual player to decide how many storylines he or she runs. Not everyone plays the game the same.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You mean to tell me there is a such thing? Surely it is up to the individual player to decide how many storylines he or she runs. Not everyone plays the game the same.</div></blockquote><p> I agree. Unless the game somehow itself damages a huge amount of storylines if the user playing can handle it more power to them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree. Unless the game somehow itself damages a huge amount of storylines if the user playing can handle it more power to them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I hate the notion that there is a "right" way to play a game like TEW. Surely everyone has different goals when they are playing. If someone wants to find a role for everyone on the payroll by way of storylines then so be it. Conversely if someone wishes to focus purely on their main workers then they can do that too.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hate the notion that there is a "right" way to play a game like TEW. Surely everyone has different goals when they are playing. If someone wants to find a role for everyone on the payroll by way of storylines then so be it. Conversely if someone wishes to focus purely on their main workers then they can do that too.</div></blockquote>Thats the beauty of this game. There is literally no "right" way to play. I personally have always wanted to change it up from my usual Traditional WWE style shows. Ive always wanted to run a Hardcore, Puro, Lucha kinda promotion. Strictly one type of worker and see if I can make it big.<p> </p><p> But in terms of storylines I have 6 on my show now. I only have 1 TV show at an hour and a half and I have a massive roster which is a new thing for me since I do small rosters usually. Its a pain trying to get 39 workers on the show at a time. But I do have 4 people I am firing after tonight. I have Tommy Cornell as a 4 appearance guy to help me a bit for a main feud. But I think a 2nd show as either a B show or a brand split A show would be fantastic for me.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> My damn Dev promotion workers keep bitching to bring them up... Like how am I supposed to get them over in my region if they wont work as a top talent there -__-</p>

<p>First off dude super over aggressive. None of the people posting here with advice are new players and there is certainly no need to take that tone with me or anyone else</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is completely false.<p> </p><p> Under 4 minutes and the angle will have little no effect on worker momentum...it will also take a decent penalty for being too short.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've hit 90 rated two minute angles in SWF with Remo and Vengeance based on Menace so I know for a fact that my statement is not false. I've seen them get momentum gains for the angles. And I've seen their storyline heat go up with the angle. Not oh I think, I've seen. Sure nothing under a four minute angle will rasied overness or skill but momentum can and will be rasied if you do it right.</p><p> </p><p> And my other point still stands even if you only get a high 80s in the angle when that high 80s is one of your top three angles you will most certain help raise your show rating with a hot angle.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because you fail to understand confirmation bias.<p> </p><p> I don't really care if you keep doing it that way but don't give it wrong advice to people.</p><p> </p><p> As stated, the only sort of people you would need to do this for is a career midcarder who has been hovering in the 50s for momentum for months...or if your storyline heat is consistently mediocre.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Most o the guys I debuted and actually have had plans for havent ever really dropped below the 70s...and "Good" alone will put them at 100 momentum after a month or two.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My storylines last more than a month or two and my angles keep my workers momentum in the main event in the 90s at almost all times. Usually get a dip into the high 80s with a PPV loss but with good angles on the shows leading up to the next PPV I can usually get their momentum back up into the 90s.</p><p> </p><p> Now if you want to do things your way and they work that's fine, I'm not saying people can't go with your advice but bigtplaystew and my advice are also accurate because we've seen it work in our games. Personally I thinkg 10 shows (two months) is no where near long enough to tell a real story. Sure in game terms you can probably do short one months stories and keep everyone's momentum high, but that's not the way I play the game. I'm a storyteller as wel as a number cruncher and I find ways to make the numbers work with my style of game, but please don't tell me I'm wrong I know I'm right I know my way works, you can say you can also do it this way but don't talk down to me or anyone else like we're petulant children.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He has too many storylines.<p> </p><p> This is correct. Deal with it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Again your opinion. If he has enough workers and enough time on his shows and he can handle that many storylines then its not to many. Personally I work with a smaller roster and thats my personal style of play. S0 I have way less stroylines than that, I think a total of 6 in my SWF game, but that doesn't make him wrong and me right if he can keep the heat up and work with that many workers that makes it his style of play and mine.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hate the notion that there is a "right" way to play a game like TEW. Surely everyone has different goals when they are playing. If someone wants to find a role for everyone on the payroll by way of storylines then so be it. Conversely if someone wishes to focus purely on their main workers then they can do that too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is no "right" way to play the game but there is a "true" way the numbers are crunched. Some styles don't work very well with the way numbers are crunched. However even in the optimum way to get good grades using the numbers, there are many ways to play the game. Many ways to get the same outcome. You one person can do things one way and one person another and you can still get a similar numbers result.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thats the beauty of this game. There is literally no "right" way to play. I personally have always wanted to change it up from my usual Traditional WWE style shows. Ive always wanted to run a Hardcore, Puro, Lucha kinda promotion. Strictly one type of worker and see if I can make it big.<p> </p><p> But in terms of storylines I have 6 on my show now. I only have 1 TV show at an hour and a half and I have a massive roster which is a new thing for me since I do small rosters usually. Its a pain trying to get 39 workers on the show at a time. But I do have 4 people I am firing after tonight. I have Tommy Cornell as a 4 appearance guy to help me a bit for a main feud. But I think a 2nd show as either a B show or a brand split A show would be fantastic for me.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> My damn Dev promotion workers keep bitching to bring them up... Like how am I supposed to get them over in my region if they wont work as a top talent there -__-</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> All of this in the first paragraph all of it.</p><p> </p><p> As I've stated I've begun a very small roster play style for big promotions. My regional CZCW game still has 32 guys but SWF, TCW, USPW, CGC I keep very close to the bare minimum its been a lot easier for me as long as I remember you can't push everyone.</p><p> </p><p> Personally I recommend a B-Show as a way to keep your lower guys momentum up and their popularity going. I've taken to hiring a few guys at 3 month contracts their only job is to well job to the my lower card guys so they don't incur recent fortune penalties for losing to my top guys and since I basically rotated in 6 guys every three months and then they're off for 9 months before I use them again they won't have bad recent fortunes when they're signed to a new contract. Have them debut in a hot angle with a main eventer and watch their momentum hit 80 or even 90. The have them lose to your Lower Midcarders and Openers and their momentum goes up then the midcarder beat the LMs and OPs and their momentum goes up and in three months after a few loses and a momentum drop their contracts are up don't renew and bring in 6 more guys rinse and repeat.</p><p> </p><p> As for Dev promotions its all about skill, potential and personality. I don't sign Dev contracts for more than a year now, usually 6 months at a time. If a guy starts complaining and I have no space for him I can let him go without having to pay a 3, 5 or 10 year contract on him pretty easily.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You mean to tell me there is a such thing? Surely it is up to the individual player to decide how many storylines he or she runs. Not everyone plays the game the same.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not when the game is telling you what you are doing isn't working.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Did you even read the OP?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Certainly you can run a bunch of fruitless, pointless storylines but with low heat it is not beneficial in any way. The OP was having a problem and I offered a solution....if you don't want to run pointless storylines with no heat like the OP doesn't seem to want to do, run significantly less storylines and only run them with notable workers...running storylines for openers and jobber lower mids isn't ever going to be effective. If you can run 20 stories in 70-100 heat, you probably have a monstrosity of a roster and like 3-4 weekly shows but more power to you.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I've hit 90 rated two minute angles in SWF with Remo and Vengeance based on Menace so I know for a fact that my statement is not false. I've seen them get momentum gains for the angles. And I've seen their storyline heat go up with the angle. Not oh I think, I've seen. Sure nothing under a four minute angle will rasied overness or skill but momentum can and will be rasied if you do it right.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> You still get penalties. That same promo would probably do 100 99/100 times if longer. Secondly, it says it right in the game that momentum gains from angles under 4 minutes is extremely marginal or negated. </p><p> </p><p> Storyline heat will go up though.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not saying they are utterly useless just they should only be used in niche circumstances...like for example you need one or two points to boost your popularity and need to run a quick 85-90 rated angle within a small time frame....because you are only hurting yourself in the long run by using them on really popular workers when you could be gaining overness and big momentum instead</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> My storylines last more than a month or two and my angles keep my workers momentum in the main event in the 90s at almost all times. Usually get a dip into the high 80s with a PPV loss but with good angles on the shows leading up to the next PPV I can usually get their momentum back up into the 90s.</p><p> </p><p> .</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> First off I run 9 shows a month...so that's about 18 shows.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> A short angle of mine will run about one pay per view....I don't really do this too often though..but as far as storytelling I prefer to "chain" my angles together. </p><p> </p><p> For example "Worker A becomes monster heel from a babyface...destroys people for a month or so...wins over a face at a PPV"...then the next story is "Worker A fueds with Worker B" and then Worker B goes over Worker A at the PPV.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Secondly, what you said did not contradict what I said in any way...in fact you proved my point outright....if they are maintaining 90 to 80s momentum they don't need to gain "Fantastic" to reach 100 momentum...not even close.</p><p> You are basically just wasting resources by doing this.</p><p> </p><p> My longest fued spanned about 30 shows between my two top guys, and the heel reached "Very Good"..which sent him to 100 momentum as well as 98/99/100 overness....continuing the feud any further wouldn't have yielded and more positive results and would have served no purpose...this is why I said it was bad advice. You don't arbitrarily continue storylines to reach some arbitrary number that doesn't really have an effect on anything.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>All of this in the first paragraph all of it.<p> </p><p> As I've stated I've begun a very small roster play style for big promotions. My regional CZCW game still has 32 guys but SWF, TCW, USPW, CGC I keep very close to the bare minimum its been a lot easier for me as long as I remember you can't push everyone.</p><p> </p><p> Personally I recommend a B-Show as a way to keep your lower guys momentum up and their popularity going. I've taken to hiring a few guys at 3 month contracts their only job is to well job to the my lower card guys so they don't incur recent fortune penalties for losing to my top guys and since I basically rotated in 6 guys every three months and then they're off for 9 months before I use them again they won't have bad recent fortunes when they're signed to a new contract. Have them debut in a hot angle with a main eventer and watch their momentum hit 80 or even 90. The have them lose to your Lower Midcarders and Openers and their momentum goes up then the midcarder beat the LMs and OPs and their momentum goes up and in three months after a few loses and a momentum drop their contracts are up don't renew and bring in 6 more guys rinse and repeat.</p><p> </p><p> As for Dev promotions its all about skill, potential and personality. I don't sign Dev contracts for more than a year now, usually 6 months at a time. If a guy starts complaining and I have no space for him I can let him go without having to pay a 3, 5 or 10 year contract on him pretty easily.</p></div></blockquote><p> Yea I might wanna do a 1 year deal. I give the standard 3 years and its a pain. The only problem I have with keeping guys in my Dev after they beg to come up is when they come up they will be beyond Angry.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>He has too many storylines.<p> </p><p> This is correct. Deal with it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've deleted a majority of my storylines. Now each show has 5. </p><p> </p><p> so I have 10 storylines and 4 hours of tv a week to showcase them. I think that's a good amount.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>First off I run 9 shows a month...so that's about 18 shows.<p> </p><p> </p><p> A short angle of mine will run about one pay per view....I don't really do this too often though..but as far as storytelling I prefer to "chain" my angles together. </p><p> </p><p> For example "Worker A becomes monster heel from a babyface...destroys people for a month or so...wins over a face at a PPV"...then the next story is "Worker A fueds with Worker B" and then Worker B goes over Worker A at the PPV.</p><p> </p><p> Secondly, what you said did not contradict what I said in any way...in fact you proved my point outright....if they are maintaining 90 to 80s momentum they don't need to gain "Fantastic" to reach 100 momentum...not even close.</p><p> You are basically just wasting resources by doing this.</p><p> </p><p> My longest fued spanned about 30 shows between my two top guys, and the heel reached "Very Good"..which sent him to 100 momentum as well as 98/99/100 overness....continuing the feud any further wouldn't have yielded and more positive results and would have served no purpose...this is why I said it was bad advice. You don't arbitrarily continue storylines to reach some arbitrary number that doesn't really have an effect on anything.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And this is not why people stop feuds in the real world. Because people have reached a certain number in momentum. Feuds end becasue a story is over, because the story has reached its end point, this is never determined by a persons momentum. You're playing the game by the numbers for the sake of the numbers and that's a fine way to play you go for it, but just because my workers are at 100 momentum doesn't mean the story is over.</p><p> </p><p> It is not "wasting resources" my main eventers are making me money by being my main eventers. People pay to see them on TV. It doesn't stop WWE from putting their top guys in in stories together that last a few months. Saying that this is the wrong way to play just doesn't seem right, and I'm not saying your way of playing is wrong, I'm saying your way of playing is not the only way of playing.</p><p> </p><p> Are there one months feuds hmm yeah I suppose their are on occasion. Are there two, three, four month feuds Yes all the time. Are their feuds that last from one wrestlemania to the next, hell yes there are. My problem still is not that the way you are suggesting people is the wrong way, my problem is that it isn't the only way. Not only is it not the only it is not the only way that will work. My way works, some of the other people who have commented's way work. My biggest issue is that you actually think your way is the only way and you feel the need to talk down to everyone who has another way to play the game. That is my biggest issue.</p>

<p>I don't play by the numbers.</p><p> </p><p>

I rarely even pay attention to storyline success. I only run programs enough to complete my booking plans and to reach my overness goals for each worker.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I was responding to the guy who suggested you should run each angle until every worker gets to "Fantastic". It's entirely pointless and inefficient to do this most of the time if you actually are playing by the numbers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TLCJR4LIFE" data-cite="TLCJR4LIFE" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't play by the numbers.<p> </p><p> I rarely even pay attention to storyline success. I only run programs enough to complete my booking plans and to reach my overness goals for each worker.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I was responding to the guy who suggested you should run each angle until every worker gets to "Fantastic". It's entirely pointless and inefficient to do this most of the time if you actually are playing by the numbers.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> "I hate to rain on your parade" but for the last time why don't you bother to re-read the original post I made that upset you so much. </p><p> </p><p> I NEVER TOLD HIM TO DO WHAT I DO. I simply am explaining what I do since it works. And the rest of that post was filled with useful information, you chose to focus on one point and twisted it to make it wrong to fit some imaginary argument. I never advised him to do it. I never told him to do it. Simply explained what I do that's been working. Is it overkill? Maybe. But that's all you had to say. </p><p> </p><p> And talk about overkill? How about how nasty you've been in delivering half-accurate information! </p><p> </p><p> And you've been quite enraged arguing the point that you only need enough storylines and to let them hang just long enough ONLY to get the numerical benefit you need. So while you say you don't play by numbers, the rest of the stuff you've posted is kinda telling me otherwise. Hate to "rain on your parade". Again.</p>

Archived