[HYPE]Risky Business (January 1985)

Matt, how far into the future are you going to go with new debuts? Like will we see the likes of Adam Cole in Risky Business? If not what is the cutoff age for new debuts? Also, I can't wait to turn this into a watcher game until 2014 then start playing it! Should be fun to see who all is on top Nearly 30 years into the game.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matt, how far into the future are you going to go with new debuts? Like will we see the likes of Adam Cole in Risky Business? If not what is the cutoff age for new debuts? Also, I can't wait to turn this into a watcher game until 2014 then start playing it! Should be fun to see who all is on top Nearly 30 years into the game.

I really don't have a cutoff age. I'm going to try to get the bigger name future debuts in, such as no brainers like CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, John Cena etc., and others who haven't made a name for themselves in WWE but have made a name nonetheless like KENTA, Adam Cole, Kevin Steen, etc. If someone is left out, it's either because it was an oversight, or info on them was so minimal it wasn't worth the trouble. BTW, doing research on some of these workers made it pretty clear to me why some workers "got the shaft" in the big leagues, or so they'd have you to believe. Hey, the game world does need it's share of douchebags, after all!

EDIT: I just realized I said "others who haven't made a name for themselves in WWE" after lumping Samoa Joe in with big WWE names. :o

Savage and Steamboat didn't have great chemistry, it was two great workers working against each other. Same with Andre and Hogan. It's just to prevent the RNG from making them have bad chemistry when you fire up a game.

Thanks for telling me, But that's quite hard to agree.

They worked with many other great workers,

and the match still remains best ever.

It is so unfair to say two guys involved in greatest match in history

didnt have great chemistry.

Thanks for telling me, But that's quite hard to agree.

They worked with many other great workers,

and the match still remains best ever.

It is so unfair to say two guys involved in greatest match in history

didnt have great chemistry.

I can't speak for Jaysin, but what I think he was getting at was in TEW terms, it wasn't Steamboat and Savage having great chemistry. I believe in TEW terms, chemistry is more akin to two workers performing either at a higher (good chemistries) or lower (bad chemistries) level than their stats would normally indicate when paired up with or against each other. I think it's safe to say that most people expected Savage and Steamboat to perform at the levels they did at WrestleMania III. The nice thing about TEW mods is that after you download them, you can modify them any way you want. It's your game after all! ^_^

I can't speak for Jaysin, but what I think he was getting at was in TEW terms, it wasn't Steamboat and Savage having great chemistry. I believe in TEW terms, chemistry is more akin to two workers performing either at a higher (good chemistries) or lower (bad chemistries) level than their stats would normally indicate when paired up with or against each other. I think it's safe to say that most people expected Savage and Steamboat to perform at the levels they did at WrestleMania III. The nice thing about TEW mods is that after you download them, you can modify them any way you want. It's your game after all! ^_^

Rick Rude and Ricky Steamboat had good chemistry.

Rick Rude and Ricky Steamboat had good chemistry.

Did they? The only match I saw of theirs was their singles match at the 1988 Royal Rumble, and it seemed pretty formulaic, if not seeming a bit off their game. Steamboat moreso because he forgot how many times his hand was supposed to drop during a rest hold (something he seemed to have a habit of, lol). It's funny you mention that because my in my Main Event game save, they got hit with terrible chemistry.

Did they? The only match I saw of theirs was their singles match at the 1988 Royal Rumble, and it seemed pretty formulaic, if not seeming a bit off their game. Steamboat moreso because he forgot how many times his hand was supposed to drop during a rest hold (something he seemed to have a habit of, lol). It's funny you mention that because my in my Main Event game save, they got hit with terrible chemistry.

I know you got WWE Network so watch the WCW matches they had chemistry.

I know you got WWE Network so watch the WCW matches they had chemistry.

Ah crap, I forgot about those. :o I do remember their Iron Man match now that you mention it. I'll watch those matches to get a feel for if it's chemistry or talent.

Thanks. I don't know much about TEW system yet. much to learn.

In my game I spend a lot of money hired those guys,

to represent the great match in my biggest event.

That match is definately rated A+ in real world,

I just couldnt make it rated so high without some extra help in my dirt sheet.

I am also trying to invite Tenryu from Japan for Savage.

It's just my playing style,

You made this mod and I 100% respect your decision.

Thanks. I don't know much about TEW system yet. much to learn.

In my game I spend a lot of money hired those guys,

to represent the great match in my biggest event.

That match is definately rated A+ in real world,

I just couldnt make it rated so high without some extra help in my dirt sheet.

I am also trying to invite Tenryu from Japan for Savage.

It's just my playing style,

You made this mod and I 100% respect your decision.

Popularity is also another factor in match grades for TEW. If two people are not popular enough they will get grades that you may not think is up to their standard but in the game it is because of their popularity or because you might booked Keep Strong note which will hurt the grade.

Rick Martel for example in my mod is one of the hottest wrestlers in the world. Because at the time he worked all over the place and was really over. So he for the most part gets good grades in the game world.

Randy Savage will get better grades for you the more popular he gets. Because the fans will be more into his matches. Right now most companies ran by the A.I. have him lower midcarder or opener. Because he is not popular enough to be higher on the card. An that will even go for 1985 mod because unless you were in Tennessee or Kentucky you probably never heard of Randy Savage in 1985.

Many people say WWF stole other companies stars, but in some cases he made stars. Randy Savage he made a star, because he gave Savage the break he needed. Koko B.Ware would be as forgotten as Phil Hickerson is if wasn't for the WWF.

Also Matt you might want to put Crockett as mean or prudent when it comes to money. Because from Barry Windham, Tully Blanchard, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, Rick Rude, and Manny Fernandez he didn't pay very well.

Rick Martel for example in my mod is one of the hottest wrestlers in the world. Because at the time he worked all over the place and was really over. So he for the most part gets good grades in the game world.

You're right. I am playing your mod and Rick martel was the best wrestler in power ranking of 1983. I think Jaguar Yokota was number 2.

Popularity is also another factor in match grades for TEW. If two people are not popular enough they will get grades that you may not think is up to their standard but in the game it is because of their popularity or because you might booked Keep Strong note which will hurt the grade.

Randy Savage will get better grades for you the more popular he gets. Because the fans will be more into his matches. Right now most companies ran by the A.I. have him lower midcarder or opener. Because he is not popular enough to be higher on the card. An that will even go for 1985 mod because unless you were in Tennessee or Kentucky you probably never heard of Randy Savage in 1985.

Many people say WWF stole other companies stars, but in some cases he made stars. Randy Savage he made a star, because he gave Savage the break he needed. Koko B.Ware would be as forgotten as Phil Hickerson is if wasn't for the WWF.

Also Matt you might want to put Crockett as mean or prudent when it comes to money. Because from Barry Windham, Tully Blanchard, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, Rick Rude, and Manny Fernandez he didn't pay very well.

Right now Randy Savage auto pushes to Upper Midcard for CWA (Memphis), even after lowering his pop by five points everywhere that I gave him pop. But Upper Midcard seems right for him in Memphis because IIRC, he had been in some big angles with Jerry Lawler around this time frame. His highest level of pop is 45 (D) in Great Lakes, Mid West (accounting for his time in his family's promotion, ICW) and South East.

Thanks for the note on Jim Crockett. I'll check to see what I have him set as when it comes to money. But I'll test it as well to make sure there aren't a bunch of Day 1 releases because I seem to recall JCP usually has a lot of those in historical mods. I'll probably need to check other things that can factor into that as well and see if there's anything I can do that won't royally mess up the balance, or just live with it if it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
I do want to thank everyone for their patience and/or impatience on this project. ^_^ After I finally get this done, I'm thinking of doing a trilogy of alternate reality mods. All I'll say is that involves a famous event that happened in real life not occurring in this alternate reality. Lastly, this thread may go dark for a little while. Like I said, I've had some stuff in real life come up. Nothing bad, just stuff that's keeping me busy. So if there are no posts by me in this thread for any length of time, it does not mean the project is dead by any means.

• 4 weeks later...
It's been almost a month without an update and I'm generally not the type to do this, but any updates? The suspense is killing me :p

I'm almost done with the Yet to Debut male active wrestlers. What's taking so long is that I'm going through each and every one. Good thing because there have been several Yet to Debut workers who had low physical stats (thus leading to them wanting lighter work schedules), workers who had lifestyle habits ticked that shouldn't have been ticked at all, gimmick performance stats that haven't been touched since we found out they don't improve over time, etc. After I get through this batch of Yet to Debut active male wrestlers, I'll go ahead and import titles (because I pretty much have all the workers I want in the mod), then get to going through Yet to Debut workers again.

Archived