Hot Prospect + NBT Research Thread and Translations

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE: Completed research on Conditions Z of ring ability scouting.

Can someone more familiar with the way this works tell me why this guy isn't on the NBT or Hot Prospect list? I'm 5 months into the game.

26 year old (3 Year Pro)

Lower Midcarder

Basics 72 (up from 68)

Psychology 69 (up from 66)

Microphone 91 (up from 86)

Charisma 84 (up from 79)

Acting 85 (up from 81)

Star Quality 79

Popularity 53 (up from 20)

Does this mean he has a low cap on overness or maybe psychology? I don't want to be pushing him for no reason.

He may not hit 78 Basics or Psychology.

If you want to check his popularity push all your other prospects that are above him to Road Agent and see what his popularity is according to the research.

Even Tommy Cornell Jr has not hit phenomenal in my test runs thus far.

It quite literally must be like hitting a lottery of sorts.

The Huge star/Unlimited potential is equally rare however it seems to be slightly more common as it is only one roll. Still the average superstar prospect seems to hit Sky is the limit/Born to be face which is 90-95 range or so.

• 3 weeks later...
Even Tommy Cornell Jr has not hit phenomenal in my test runs thus far.

It quite literally must be like hitting a lottery of sorts.

The Huge star/Unlimited potential is equally rare however it seems to be slightly more common as it is only one roll. Still the average superstar prospect seems to hit Sky is the limit/Born to be face which is 90-95 range or so.

I am looking to do some experiments by the end of the weekend. I was wondering did you insert a story to max out their stats, or did you use another means.

I am looking to do some experiments by the end of the weekend. I was wondering did you insert a story to max out their stats, or did you use another means.

You can force them into the NBT list by breaking caps with the editor. I recently did it with Spencer Spade who was apparently going to cap out at 77 psych and in the 78 pop range. Raised his psych to 78 and moved his pop to 100 and saved. Went to the list and he was listed with the 95-100 pop message. Reverted his stats and pop back to what they were and he still remained on the list.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kainlock" data-cite="Kainlock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36932" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what kind of time table has anyone used in the past to create a big star? Looking at it in real life in maybe like a 2-4 years process.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What do you consider big? I've taken Magnum Kobe E+ popularity in the US to a B inside of a year without feeding him the entire roster. You can do it even faster for workrate promotions in Japan</p>

<p>that's to me is big. I guess a better question is in game do people wait for the 2-4 year period like real life, or do they build him up in a year or so. I guess most don't play that long of games so a year would work for most players. </p><p> </p><p>

For example I have Masked Patriot and Monty Walker in my SWF 97 game has NBT. Is it reasonable to build them up within a year to be Main Eventers or should I build them slower? </p><p> </p><p>

Just for a preference question. Build slow or faster.</p>

<p>I try to do slower builds but it's pretty hard to forcefully slow down a push if the guy has great skills. Now trying to slowly push a guy that you want to improve first is much more likely and similar to what WWE is doing to Roman Reigns.</p><p> </p><p>

You can keep a guy fighting quality veterans in the undercard to develop him, just have him win a lot in those if you want to push him faster</p>

what kind of time table has anyone used in the past to create a big star? Looking at it in real life in maybe like a 2-4 years process.

That depends.

I typically let the new gens and pregens sit for a while along with most youngsters until they are ready to work main event level matches without penalties.

If it's a guy who's already world class(like a Tommy Cornell Jr for example) then 4 months.

that's to me is big. I guess a better question is in game do people wait for the 2-4 year period like real life, or do they build him up in a year or so. I guess most don't play that long of games so a year would work for most players.

For example I have Masked Patriot and Monty Walker in my SWF 97 game has NBT. Is it reasonable to build them up within a year to be Main Eventers or should I build them slower?

Just for a preference question. Build slow or faster.

Are they better than your current Main Eventers?

If yes, then push them to the Main Event, if not then leave them in the midcard. To me, it's really that simple.

My current project is 21CW and I'm about a year and a half in...Wade Orson is about to sniff his first time as a Main Eventer as a heel. Why? Because Kevin Jones recently hit Time Decline and a spot opened up for him. He's going to be my worst one for now but Kevin Jones was already my worst heel main eventer and Orson is now 26 and has his whole career ahead of him.

But yeah you don't want to push guys just for the sake of pushing them, they are prospects for a reason.

I must have gotten a really bad roll because I've never had a NBT (18 months into my SWF game) and my three of my Hot Prospects I have no plans for and have no interest in pushing them, even though one of them, Duberry Excess, is listed as a "huge star for years to come." Meanwhile, my pet projects, KC Glenn, Spencer Spade, Primus Allen, Ernest Youngman and Scythe (plus a couple of others) aren't listed (except when I manipulate pushes to get others to show up) and I can't get Glenn to show up at all. Might have to bust some pop and skill caps.

But yeah you don't want to push guys just for the sake of pushing them, they are prospects for a reason.

I agree, I like the fact that this happens because I would have never thought to push the Masked Patriot before but know I might work on giving him like a red, white and blue Hulk Hogan. Same could be said for Monty walker. Needed another Midcard Face and now I have a future star on my hands.

After doing a little more rearranging, KC Glenn and El Mitico Jr won't show up in Hot Prospects no matter what, even if they're the only two midcard or lower wrestlers on my roster. How low must their popularity cap be?

I'm playing a new game and its a created company at cult. KC Glenn is on both the hot prospects and NBT lists and he is easily the best worker on my roster. Should I go ahead and set his push to main eventer or should I slow build him up?

I would think taking someone, no matter how great they are, and auto pushing them with F Pop would not only piss off guys that have to lose to him, but also give him quite the ego problem later on. Sometimes even the best prospects have to be built slow and to not give to big a head.

I must have gotten a really bad roll because I've never had a NBT (18 months into my SWF game) and my three of my Hot Prospects I have no plans for and have no interest in pushing them, even though one of them, Duberry Excess, is listed as a "huge star for years to come." Meanwhile, my pet projects, KC Glenn, Spencer Spade, Primus Allen, Ernest Youngman and Scythe (plus a couple of others) aren't listed (except when I manipulate pushes to get others to show up) and I can't get Glenn to show up at all. Might have to bust some pop and skill caps.

Glenn's poor microphone and middling SQ limits his overness to B, B+ typically and he only starts with 70 or so charisma so it's a wash whether or not he will ebcome NBT.

Most NBT's simply lack the required charisma, however, if you see they have performance stats in the 80s and a high overness cap there is no reason not to push them just for some charisma. Charisma is great but isn't the end all be all(although a worker with charisma is better than one without).

In the case of Scythe and Allen they may not have the Basics or Psych but can still easily be Main Event guys in a popularity based product.

I would think taking someone, no matter how great they are, and auto pushing them with F Pop would not only piss off guys that have to lose to him, but also give him quite the ego problem later on. Sometimes even the best prospects have to be built slow and to not give to big a head.

I don't necessarily agree with this.

While I do avoid overpushing to develop egos, I'd be more than willing to give a one in a generation type of worker an ego if the compromise is really easy grades and a guy that's carrying the company.

Glenn and Cornell Jr are at least two guys I know of(haven't booked too much US wrestling honestly) that can carry you within their first year or two...and a few percentage points off a locker room bonus isn't worth deliberately holding back the best worker in your company.

As far morale goes...you should have people designated to job to your up and comers. Just don't have anyone job that's particularly useful and try to use tag team matches.

I don't necessarily agree with this.

While I do avoid overpushing to develop egos, I'd be more than willing to give a one in a generation type of worker an ego if the compromise is really easy grades and a guy that's carrying the company.

Glenn and Cornell Jr are at least two guys I know of(haven't booked too much US wrestling honestly) that can carry you within their first year or two...and a few percentage points off a locker room bonus isn't worth deliberately holding back the best worker in your company.

As far morale goes...you should have people designated to job to your up and comers. Just don't have anyone job that's particularly useful and try to use tag team matches.

I agree with your point. I just think its would be a bit much to take someone with F pop to put as a Main Eventer in your cult fed. Which is what I got from his post.

I understand your line of thinking but really it isn't too hard.

http://puu.sh/aKPiY/d101165d38.jpg

His debut on the main roster was in August and hes a midcard now. It should take another 2-3 months to get this guy to 70. SO all in all, only 6 months to get someone from 0 to Main Event.

Now I will probably keep this guy at 60 because I don't want him to Main Event...but if this was KC Glenn and he was the best worker in my company I surely would do it without question.

• 2 weeks later...

So no one can ask this in the small questions thread but I assume folk here who are trying to determine what the different level of overnes note mean n Hot Prospect and NBT may be able to shed light.

How to you test out caps for popularity? I know there is a narrative for skill just have them "meet potential" an you can see their skill caps. But for popularity I only see levels of growth I don't see one for pushing it just to the popularity cap.

If I do "Worker Global Popularity Boost" set to ten will that make him meet his cap or exceed them? And if it makes the worker exceed them can I just sit back and wait for it to go back down to the cap or does it break the cap?

Archived