Do you focus on angles or matches for your shows?

I've noticed that recently I try to get in as many matches as possible on my show rather than trying to get my storylines over. My heat for my storylines are around 75 to 83. I do a couple of interviews or backstage attacks and that's about it.

Instead of showcasing my top guys in their angles, I focus in on getting a ton of matches in to try and get guys over. But I think I'm going to change that soon. I think I will focus more on my storylines with more angles or distractions/ interferences.

Will having hot storylines help me with attendance or tv ratings? If not, what benefits will I get from doing this?

I've noticed that recently I try to get in as many matches as possible on my show rather than trying to get my storylines over. My heat for my storylines are around 75 to 83. I do a couple of interviews or backstage attacks and that's about it.

Instead of showcasing my top guys in their angles, I focus in on getting a ton of matches in to try and get guys over. But I think I'm going to change that soon. I think I will focus more on my storylines with more angles or distractions/ interferences.

Will having hot storylines help me with attendance or tv ratings? If not, what benefits will I get from doing this?

It depends. Obviously in say CZCW I pretty much only use matches but once I get into SE feds like SWF I actually try and run as few matches as possible and here's why. Even though you have a winner you always have a loser so the more matches you have the more losers you have. This means two things 1) being able to properly maintain a good win loss ratio so no one runs the risk of poor fortunes and 2) losers always lose momentum, winners only gain momentum when they beat some one with more momentum but loser always lose momentum when they lose period no matter who beats them. With more angles you'll see peoples momentum rise in good angles. Even when I have say 6 midcarders (not rated because they don't matter it could really be any 6 guys they aren't important tot he angle) pulling apart two main eventers brawling I'll see a between 1 and 3 pt momentum boost to those six midcarders for being in the segment and I've gotten them on TV without having to have them in a match which they'd most like lose thus losing momentum and would score poorly thus lowering my show rating.

So in SWF I only run 3 maybe 4 matches on a show and use my ten percent leeway to make the show 60% matches and 40% angles I can usually get at least 3 90s rated angles which will pull up my show ratings even if my main event tanks.

I'm pretty much like TLCJR, I'm angle heavy on TV but my PPV's are very much match based. Typically, in an WWE style promotion, I won't have any more than 50% of the show on matches. I usually rarely use my "top guys" in matches, either. For example, in my 1991 save as WWF, you'll be lucky to see Hogan, Warrior or Savage on my TV shows, while guys like Perfect, Jake Roberts, etc. will main event the show on a regular basis. I'll then end up using my "top guys" in various angles to go with their storyline.

On the other hand, I'll typically have about 70-80% matches on PPV, with "interview" segments to hype up my main matches.

<p>I find it's much easier to get workers over using angles if you're playing as a big company that is able to get high angle ratings (85+) compared to matches. Usually, a wrestler has to beat someone with higher popularity than them to gain overness in matches, though worker's pop will occasionally go up if they're involved in a high rated match even when they lose.</p><p> </p><p>

The easiest way to get someone over is to pair them with one of your top guys. For example, in my TCW game I got Matthew Keith from 34 overness across the US to around 80 overness across the US in about 8 months mostly by putting him in an alliance with Tommy Cornell. Whenever Cornell would cut a promo, Matthew Keith would be there 'standing in the background' which got him over very fast. Of course, I set him to 'not rated' in the angle so his lack of pop wouldn't drag the rating down. Maybe it's a bit cheap or 'gamey' but it is very effective.</p><p> </p><p>

This isn't really a viable option in small companies like CZCW which was already mentioned, because getting high angle grades is a lot more difficult there but if you're running a big company, then I agree with what has already been said here, use plenty of angles on your TV shows and save the big matches for PPVs.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36964" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I find it's much easier to get workers over using angles</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This kind of depends on what popularity the worker has. Playing Grenadi's Montreal Aftermath game I started Edge on a win streak the first show after Wrestlemania and his own storyline with only him and Good Ole JR. I'm on Week 3 of May and he has won 10 matches on Raw and Shotgun. In doing this he has gone from low 20s to high 30s and even a 40 in the North West and Enhancement Talent to Midcarder in under two months. </p><p> </p><p> As far on what I focus on for the shows I tend to only play the real world mods and quite often a WWF/E, WCW, TNA, or other type sports entertainment leaning company and I usually adjust the shows to either 60 or 70% angles. That lets me do 35-40 minutes of non-wrestling time. I book angles for the stories that I have rolling and then fill in the matches. If the angles lead up to a main event for the night then awesome! If not then I'll just make something up. I'm more of a storyteller when I play than a powergamer and have no trouble sacrificing a few points to tell a better story. That being said the word rating I have for a Raw on this game is 76 and that is within the first 4 weeks. After the beginning of the year 84 is the lowest.</p>

<p>I just want to say that one doesn't preclude the other. You can focus on both matches and angles for the show.</p><p> </p><p>

That being said I usually have x amount of guys on the big monthly event</p><p>

and build up the guys leading to the event with both matches and angles.</p><p> </p><p>

If I am going to have 6 matches at the event and using 12 guys. I will</p><p>

usually give the 6 losing guys 4 wins leading up to the ppv and use all 12 of </p><p>

them in angles leading up to the event.</p>

<p>I aim to do both.</p><p> </p><p>

I try not to put on any match for no reason, even if the reason involves training or momentum management. But I do think it's important to build story through matches, even if a lot of that is imagination booking that you can't strictly speaking put onto a card (mannerisms, things that happened during the match that can't properly be simmed)</p><p> </p><p>

If I had to pick though, I would say angles are what I enjoy most because those are the lifeblood of most wrestling promotions. I don't normally play performance > popularity, and when I do play performance I generally need to organise leagues or points systems so that I can ascribe meaning to matches without necessarily needing the bells and whistles of 'sports entertainment' feuds.</p><p> </p><p>

Angles are fun though. You can do fun crazy stuff with them. I try and include as many of them as possible in a given show without going crazy overboard and violating the match/angle ratio (80%, but I probably use like 70-75% matches)</p>

Archived