Resurrection of The Territories!

[B]Writers note:[/B] [COLOR=Red][I]After playing D.O.T.T. for probably 5 straight days, with no sleep, I thought to myself, "What if the Territories still existed." All the credit for this diary goes D. Boon's Ghost and his D.O.T.T. scenerio (Feds, angles,storylines, etc), I will also be using the Ravex data to implement todays wrestlers, relationships, teams into the game.....I hope this doesn't offend either mod creator, it's just a game that I thought would be fun to play, to see who comes out the winner, If they Territories Lived On![/I][/COLOR] [SIZE=5][B]Backstory[/B][/SIZE] [B]Death of Wrestling[/B] ~The passing of one young wrestler after another young wrestler, caused a few members of congress to decide to take a look at what the cause of all this was. ~ROH loses most of its roster to TNA ~Vince McMahon institutes a drug testing policy for the WWE ~While ratings for WWE wrestling continue to drop as we see more HeidenReich's and Snitzy's and Tomko's. ~TNA continues to spend money on big name stars like Sting and eventually Goldberg, that they alienate themselves from the rest of their roster ~Vince Goes on Capital Hill, he emphasizes that he has instituted a drug testing policy, of which senator John McCain thought was laughable...McCain addressed that it wasn't McMahons fault, however it was the industry itself, because there truly is only one organization in which a wrestler could make money and to be recognized by that company one has to seriously alter their cosmetics. ~In light of all the negative press Dave Bautista, The Undertaker, The Big Show all agree to contracts in Japan ~ROH goes belly up, due to lack of talent as TNA and WWE have stolen most their wrestlers ~TNA Ratings continue to nosedrive as fans tire of Jeff Jarrett main events. ~Congress calls for a reform of the entire industry, calling for less travel and work days, stricter drug testing policies, and health benefits. The state athletic commisions are relieved of their responsiblitie regarding regulating professional wrestling and instead wrestlers now must become members of a union (similar to screen actors guild) in order to gain work permits ~More and more wrestling conventions pop up, as fans clamor for the "good ole days" Several old timers including Terry Funk, Jim Cornette talk about starting up their own regional promotions. ~With continued low ratings Spike TV pulls the plug on TNA, shortly there after Panda Energy cuts off their investment and TNA goes out of business. ~Vince is named in several lawsuits and is showing that he has completely had enough after dealing with Congress and developing Wrestlers union. ~The WWE as we know it comes to a close. Vince has announced his retirement from the business..There is nothing more than independant wrestling in the United States [B]Rebirth Of Wrestling[/B] [COLOR=Blue]~Absence makes the Heart grow fonder, and fans begin to crave wrestling again ~At a wrestling legends convention many old timers continue to talk about the glory days, among them Ric Flair says, "Why don't we bring it back....I myself was plan on promoting in the Carolinas and Virginia...I see it now the ressurection of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling"...Dusty Rhodes said, "he was planning on running in Florida, so why not bring back Championship Wrestling from Florida" Jerry Lawler was going back to Memphis and the Snowball continued to roll getting bigger and bigger and bigger. ~Bill Watts along with his son Eric were reviving Mid South Wrestling...Dusty just hired Gabe Sapolsky to book Florida for him....Now Verne Gagne's son Greg was bringing back AWA in the mid west and great Lakes region...Nick Bockwinkle and Larry Zbyszko were going to help him....Word out of Conneticutt is that the McMahons weren't done, Shane, Stefanie and her husband Triple H were coming back ~And that leaves me, a man who has always wanted to get in the business and now with the industry taking this turn down memory lane, what better time is there for a man the call "Old School" to follow his dream.[/COLOR] [B]On Deck[/B] The Wrestlers union, wanting to avoid the monopoly that the business was, sets up a draft for wrestlers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This sounds something like that old NWA Domination mod for EWR from back in the day, I'd love something like this for TEW. You could have all of today's indie wrestlers going back to their homes.. guys like Ace Steele, Colt Cabana, CM Punk and all the IWA Mid South born guys go back and work for AWA.. guys like Daniels and Samoa Joe working in California.. Styles working with Flair and Rhodes in the south east and mid Atlantic. This could be a really fantastic mod if time were spent to alter and merge the D.O.T.T and RaveX mods together in the right way.

What I plan on doing is dispersing Talent through out each territory using a sort of a draft (which will loosely be based on 1. Talent 2. wrestlers style 3. relationships 4. general overness in the region their going to Each Territory I'm using will have some legends from that area as owners and be signed lifetime contracts and they will bring in some other legends to work with them that will be signed to either lifetime or written deals. After I set the rosters I then am going to lower the overness of each wrestler (some I've already tweaked to my own tastes) by yet to be determined amount of points in all regions accept the ones that they will be working I'' probably continue to modify some of the weight limits for titles, but we'll se some old TV shows on new stations and the names of old titles, somewhat modified for my liking I would offer it for download, except I dont how to do that and yes I would want permission from the right people. But thanks for your interest

The Wrestlers Union The Cauliflower Alley Club is an organization of veteran wrestlers....The whole idea for the wrestlers union began at their annual banquet... [B]Les Thatcher[/B] spoke this year and he reiterated how tough this business is to break into...."[COLOR=Blue]It's the nature of this business that drives young men to work their day job 5 days a week, then hit the gym and on Saturday drive 8 hours across country for a $100 payoff in hopes that they gain experience, that they get noticed.....Eventually they may perhaps if their lucky make it to a stable independant organization, they get noticed by fans of the internet, but their lacking something to make that next jump...Their tired from working 40 hours a week, driving another 20 and then putting their bodies on the line in front of 300 people, they have another date the next day, but their injured and dont want to burn a bridge, so they tun to performance enhancers, they get told they have many qualites but not the right look, so they turn to performance enhancers, they get to where they need to get and the one organization in this country signs them at what they determine their value to be, but their life is already become adjusted to this lifestyle, now they get to put their bodies on the line 350 days a year ~we need to lessen the workload and schedules ~we need quality health insurance ~we need guarentees of proper rehabilitation ~a more competive market to give workers options ~we need a union to support wrestlers and only members of this union can get permits to work in union supported organizations[/COLOR] Months after that event and speach, well after the movement had begun...The Pro Wrestlers Union has come to fruition....Headed up by the Unions representative [B]Nick Bockwinkle[/B] wrestlers now will enjoy the benefits they've needed, The Union has called for a more competitive balance amongst Wrestling organizations.....To do this The Organizations had to accept the Pro Wrestlers Union terms that talent willbe divided amongst all its participating members: ~All organizations are capped to not begin with more than the alloted $500,000. The organizations can make money above and beyond but have to pay a luxury tax based on percentages of their profits to support "The Pro Wrestlers Union. ~All organizations will start from zero....The Territories will hold a draft to assign initial talent to their wrestling organizations. ~All Wrestling orgs. That begin with a starting budget of $200,000 or more will hold a 5 round draft for wrestlers to sign to written deals after that the organizations with $75,000 or more starting budget can start drafting with the other leagues for rounds 6-10....Any other league with budgets under $75,000 may start drafting round 11-15...After the draft those not selected become free Agents and can sign wherever. ~The draft assures that there will be a more competitive balance between wrestling organizations and not just one company monopolizing the competition in recent years.. [B]The draft has been hyped up...So much that pay-per-view carriers new there would be audience large enough, that they could charge $19.95 for all fans to see the fate of which area wrestlers will be sent off to begin the new resurrected era of professional wrestling in the states...To think that would make me nervous enough. Here I am at a Holiday In Convention Hall in Charlotte, NC for the draft....I put $400,000 through a few private investors and some of my own capital to get in this business during an era of limitations, but also a market that has been with out this great [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]SPORT[/COLOR] for several months, since the demise of the WWE...I'm the only one hear who has no experience in the business. My plan is to just go out draft a flexible roster, while keeping one eye on our payroll and another eye on our future......But the butterflies are turning in my stomach. I cant possibly know what I'm doing when I see Ric Flair across the hall preparing with his trusted workers Ricky Steamboat and Arn Anderson about potential draft picks....Verne gagne has joined his son Greg and their discussing in another corner about thier strategy...Jim Cornette is here, so is Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler, Bill Watts with his son Eric and just when I didn't think things could get any more intimidating Shane & Stefanie McMahon along with Triple H come in bearing the old school WWF logo. Showtime is only minutes away...I have the 3rd pick...The order was setup by the union and awards the draft positions based on the initial beginning budget of your organization....I'm pretty sure I know were going to stay away from big names because their contracts may become too high for us, too fast...After all were the only league in this whole thing that doesn't have a big name running the show or a historical name going up on the marquee[/B] [B]On Deck:[/B] The players involved

The Players The Pro Wrestling draft is set to air on pay-per-view, former Wrestling announcer and now currently working as a sports broadcaster [B]Tony Schiavonne[/B] is the host, joining him as guest analysts are from [B]The Wrestling Observer Dave Meltzer [/B] and from [B]Pro Wrestling Torch Wade Keller[/B] and former kayfabe magazine editor [B]Bill Apter [/B]. All the owners and their teams are beginning to take their positions The leagues participating are: [I][COLOR=DarkGreen][U]The Following Leaugues will particpate in a 5 round written contract draft[/U][/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4]Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/SIZE][/COLOR] based out of Mid Atlantic [B]Owned by:[/B][COLOR=Red][B]Ric Flair[/B][/COLOR] [B]his team of associates working for him include:[/B] Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat and JJ Dillon [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]World Wrestling Federation[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of Tri-State [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]Shane McMahon, Stefanie McMahon and Triple H[/B][/COLOR] (Triple H is exempt from the draft since he is a part owner) [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]World Wide Wrestling[/COLOR][/SIZE] basing ourselves out of the Tri-State as well, we're also going to look to expand eventually to New England and Mid Atlantic [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red]OLDSCHOOL[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkGreen][I]writers note: I just wanted to create my own league and drop it in the middle of all the territories to see how I fair[/I][/COLOR] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]World Class Championship Wrestling[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of Mid South [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]Terry Funk[/B][/COLOR] he will be Consulted by legendary Texas name Kevin Von Erich and his brother Dory Funk Jr. [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]American Wrestling Association[/COLOR][/SIZE] Based out of Midwest [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]Greg Gagne[/B][/COLOR] His team of associates: His father Verne, Nick Bockwinkle (Union Chief) and Larry Zbyszko [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/SIZE][/COLOR] Based out of the SouthEast [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red]Bill Behrens[/COLOR] His team of associates include: Ole Anderson who serve as Head Booker and his lead Road Agent is Paul Orndorff [U][COLOR=DarkGreen]The following leagues will join in with the draft at the completion of The 5th round[/COLOR][/U] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Mid South[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of south Mid South Owned by: [COLOR=Red][B]Bill Watts[/B][/COLOR] Bill's son Eric is also listed as an owner which exempt him from draft [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Championship Wrestling From Florida[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of Southeast [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]Dusty Rhodes[/B][/COLOR] Dusty has hired former ROH head booker Gabe Sapolsky as his head booker (Gabe has experience in florida as head booker for Full Impact Pro) [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]World Wrestling Council[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of Puerto Rico [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]Carlos Colon[/B][/COLOR] Colon's 2 sons are both draft eligible [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4]Maple Leaf Wrestling[/SIZE][/COLOR] based out of Ontario [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red]Tony Garea[/COLOR] Tony Garea's has hired Scott D'amore as his head booker [I]Writers note: I wasn't sure who to go with as owner here, because I'm not familiar with this league, I know it had alot of guys WWF used to use as enhancement talent, so I gave the position to longtime WWE Road agent [/I] Tony Garea. [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Central States Wrestling[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of Midwest [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]Harley Race[/B][/COLOR] Les Thatcher is joining Harley Race as his head road agent [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]United States Wrestling Association[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of Southeast [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red][B]Jerry Lawler[/B][/COLOR] Jerry's son Brian is also listed as an owner thus he is not draft eligible [I][COLOR=DarkGreen]writers note: I believe this used to becalled Championship Wrestling Association...I remeber it more as USWA thats why I changed it....basically it's Memphis[/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=DarkGreen][U]The follwoing list will be allowed to make selections beginning in Round 10 if they choose[/U][/COLOR] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Calgary Stampede Wrestling[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of Canada Prairies [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red]Bruce Hart[/COLOR] Hart is expected to just sign local talent at conclusion of draft, but may make a few selections [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4]South East Championship Wrestling[/SIZE][/COLOR] based out of southeast [B]owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red]Danny Davis[/COLOR] Jim Cornette has been hired by Danny Davis as head booker, Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton are coming in as road agents. The rumor is looking for obscure unknown talent to train and teach them his way of wrestling...May not make any selections and just sign Free Agents [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4]Pacific Northwest[/SIZE][/COLOR] based out of northwest [B]owned by [/B] [COLOR=Red]Matt Bourne[/COLOR] may just sign local talent [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]International Wrestling[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of Quebec [B]Owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red][COLOR=Red]Jacque Rougeau [/COLOR] [/COLOR] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Polyneasan Pro Wrestling[/COLOR][/SIZE] based out of southwest (Hawaii) [B]owned by [/B] [COLOR=Red]Afa[/COLOR] may just higher his family and trainees [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4]South West Championship Wrestling[/SIZE][/COLOR] based out of Mid South [B]owned by:[/B] [COLOR=Red]Tully Blanchard[/COLOR] [B]On Deck[/B] The first 5 rounds

[QUOTE=Oldschool] I would offer it for download, except I dont how to do that [/QUOTE] I'm sure the D.O.T.T guys would maybe lend you some server space, or maybe Ryland and the Grey Dog folks.. maybe the RaveX guys, there's lots of hosting options, especially if its for a good mod everyone will want to try out.

The Draft Helo everyone I'm [B]Tony Schiavonne[/B], joining me here tonight from the Wrestling Observer New letter [B]Dave Meltzer[/B], From Pro Wrestling Torch [B]Wade Keller[/B] and the editor of many wrestling magazines [B]Bill Apter[/B]. [B]Schiavonne:[/B] If you are joining us tonight it is because you are die hard fan of professional wrestling..The landscape of this sport has drastically changed if not reverted to it's old shape and form and that is the territorial system [B]Meltzer:[/B] The say what comes around goes around and whats old is new, well that couldn't be any more truer than what has happened with the industry [B]Keller & Apter:[/B] Go into a detailed history of what brought us to where we are [B]Schiavonne:[/B] And now to the draft itself, it will be interesting to see who picks whom and what they base their selections on. [B]Meltzer:[/B] Word I have recieved is that Mid Atlantic is going to go with a draft startegye based on mat ability, The Same can be expected from Georgia Championship Wrestling. Word out the AWA camp is they are looking for wrestlers who have worked in their region, but are looking for some start power at front of the roster. Shane McMahon wants to acquire back as many WWE stars as possible from what we've heard and since Triple H is an owner they already have i big star in camp. Terry Funk has been pretty quiet as to what he plans on doing with World Class and the new player in this game that nobody knows anything about is World Wide Wrestling, What we know is they are looking for young, potential and to keep thier pay scale down because they dont have the big nmaeor nitials in their title. [B]Schiavonne:[/B] 6 leagues will be picking in the first 5 rounds, all these picks will be given written deals with their organization, after that 6 more leagues will join in with rounds 6-10 and the rest joining after if they choose. The order here is based on the financial starting point and that is: [COLOR=Red][B]1. Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling 2. World Wrestling FEDERATION 3. World Wide Wrestling 4. World Class Championship Wrestling 5. American Wrestling Association 6. Georgia Championship Wrestling[/B][/COLOR] One other major point, Tag Teams may enroll as one pick if they have wrestled as a team more than 75% of the last year, among the teams that can be picked as one are: M-N-M, The Dicks, AMW, The Dudleys, The Briscoes, Sal Rinauro & Tony Mamluke, Team Canada, The James Gang, and a few others, an organization can however select just one if they choose to [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/NickBockwinkle.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Nick Bockwinkle [/COLOR] [/SIZE] As chief of the wrestlers union steps up to the podium and announces that Pro Wrestling disperssion draft has begun and [B]Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] is on the clock [B]Ric Flair[/B] passes the card up to the podium and the selection is announced: With the [B]1st pick in[/B] The Draft [B][COLOR=Red]MACW[/COLOR][/B] selects: [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Chris Beniot[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]The announcers all smile and the go into their analysis...How could you go wrong here...Beniot is the type of wrestler that if he were around in the early 80's he'd have been working for Mid Atlantic....They said they want to base around talent and they perhaps took the most talente worker over the last 10years.[/I] With the [B]2nd pick[/B] in the Draft [COLOR=Red][B]WWF[/B][/COLOR] selects: [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Kurt Angle[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Pretty much a no-brainer here, the only question was he going to go #1, WWF plans to bring back as much of their roster as possible and with already having owner Triple H in the fold thisis a good start.[/I] With the [B]3rd pick[/B] in the draft [COLOR=Red][B]WWW[/B][/COLOR] selects; [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]CM Punk[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]The announcers looked shocked...They all concur that Punk is atalent, but to go this high when so many "money drawing" stars are still available is a complete shock...They reiterate how WWW wanted to have a lower pay scale to start and selecting Punk as their number 1 should help assure that...We'll have to get comments from their GM[/I] With the [B]4th pick[/B] in the Draft[COLOR=Red][B]WCCW[/B][/COLOR] selects: [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Samoa Joe[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]This man may be the best wrestler in the world, plus he has more youth on his side than Angle or Beniot, he's worked in many different regions, but not really sure if Texas is one of them...But Terry Funk will figure out how to use him right[/I] With the [B]5th pick[/B] in the draft the [B][COLOR=Red]AWA[/COLOR][/B] selects: [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Dave Batista[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]AWA stated they want some star power and they got it with Batista, he trained in Ohio Valley and that is somewhat close to the mid west, but when you've made as big a name for yourself as batista has it really shouldn't matter...We've also recieved word that the AWA will recognize Dave batista as their first AWA world Champion[/I] With the [B]6th pick[/B] of the draft [COLOR=Red][B]GCW[/B][/COLOR] selects: [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]AJ Styles[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]He is a Georgia boy, who began his career in Georgia, Ole has stated he wants wrestlers with good drawing power in South East, and he's talented and young...a nice pick up by Georgia Championship Wrestling[/I] That Complets the first round the picks in order were [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ChrisBenoit.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/KurtAngle.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/CMPunk4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SamoaJoe.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Batista.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AJStyles.jpg[/IMG] [B]Bill Apter[/B], [I]"We're hear with the owner of [B]WORLD WIDE WRESTLING[/B] and many experts believe you may reached and shown your wrestling inexperiance by selecting CM Punk so high in the first round[/I]" [B]ME[/B], [I]"Well Punk certainly could be classified as reach, but we have a plan and we want a young, versatile roster, capable of putting on great matches and have room for improvement and we feel Punk has those qualities. He is just as adapt at working as a heel as he is a face, he is a soid promo guy on the mic and he can wrestle many different styles with both larger and smaller opponents and its' that kind of versatility that we are looking for and we dont feel he'll cost us as much as a Batista, a Randy Orton a Shawn michaels or even a Samoa Joe or AJ Styles, so were happy with our first round pick"[/I] Love to hear your thoughts on the first round

Round 2 [SIZE=5]The draft continues with [B]Round 2[/SIZE][/B] [B]Round 2 pick 1 MACW selects[/B] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Randy Orton[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Bob Orton Jr. made a name for himself in the Mid Atlantic region before moving on to WWF, now his son can fulfill his promise there...Orton is young worker with unlimited potential, he had worked with flair as part of Evolution, so you knew he had to be on his radar[/COLOR][/I] [B]Round 2 pick 2 WWF Selects[/B] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]John Cena[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Top young star in ending days of WWE, now gives the federation a young name to draw on...He is instant money and WWF is on its way back picking up 2 of their biggest superstars[/COLOR][/I] [B]Round 2 pick 3 WWW Selects[/B] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Paul London[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Perhaps another reach by the [url]WWW...but[/url] London has some name value as an ex-WWE cruiser weight champion, a bit of a surprise here, we'll get another word with their GM at conclusion of round 2[/COLOR][/I] [B]Round 2 pick 4 World Class Championship Wrestling Selects[/B] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Shawn Michaels[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]As strange as this may sound, this is a great pick by World Class...They get instant name, a man who will be returning to his home state...Michaels once ran a wrestling school in Texas, he's from Texas and now he gets to become part of the legendary promotion from Texas[/COLOR][/I] [B]Round 2 pick 5 AWA Selects[/B] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Christian Cage[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]AWA says there were going for star power out of the gate and what Batista may lack in charisma as their number 1 pick, that will be than made up in the form of Captain Charisma[/COLOR][/I] [B]Round 2 pick 6 Georgia Championship Wrestling Selects[/B] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Christopher Daniels[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Ole seems to think that the TNA X division was a good wrestling philosophy as he has selected their 2 biggest stars...Daniels has become extremely popular in SouthEast thanks to TNA and he is orinally from North Carolina, not to far from his home state[/COLOR][/I] Round 2 goes like this: [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RandyOrton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JohnCena.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/PaulLondon.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ShawnMichaels.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Christian.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ChristopherDaniels.jpg[/IMG] [B]Apter[/B], [I]"We're here again with the GM of the WWW and just want to get your comments on your second round pick Paul London[/I] [B]Me[/B], [I][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Well two reason Bill, Number 1 is We really like what Paul brings to the table athletically, he's a gifted high flyer, he has some draw as an ex-WWE'er and if you see his ROH work you'll be amazed at what he can do without any limitations put on him..Secondly, My All-Time favorite wrestler is Ricky Steamboat and if there was one guy who reminds today of Steamboat it's Paul London...We felt he was on the Mid Atlantic radar as well as World Class because he trained there and we weren't sure if he'd be around in the next round[/COLOR][/I]

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich]I'm sure the D.O.T.T guys would maybe lend you some server space, or maybe Ryland and the Grey Dog folks.. maybe the RaveX guys, there's lots of hosting options, especially if its for a good mod everyone will want to try out.[/QUOTE] I kind of would just like to play the game to my own tastes, but I wouldn't be opposed to making an extremely detailed version of Resurrection of the territoires, with wrestlers in certain regions where they began or where their overness is best

Round 3 [SIZE=5][B]Round 3[/B] [/SIZE] [B]Of the draft continues[/B] [COLOR=Red]Round 3 pick #1 MACW selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BryanDanielson1.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Bryan Danielson[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]If Mid Atlantic was going based on pure talent this man may be the most talented man in the draft...Some may say he's a bit bland..but I dont anyone who can go with him in the ring...It also sets up the internet fans dream match of Beniot vs Danielson...great value pick in round 3[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 3 Pick #2 WWF Selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ReyMysterio.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Rey Mysterio[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]The WWF keeps their top High Flyer. Mysterio didn't wrestle any aprt of his career (maybe California) in any territory so he seems like a natural fit just to stay with the now WWF[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 3 Pick #3 WWW selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/NigelMcGuinness.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Nigel McGuinness[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Another what seems odd pick for this spot in draft...It seems as if World Wide Wrestling likes wrestlers with ties to the old Ring Of Honor....Nigel is a good all-around wrestler with a unique style...And he has shown the ability to work as a fac or heel and is adapt at wrestling large men as equally as he is wrestling smaller men...I guess it's another pick based on versatility for the WWW.[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 3 Pick #4 WCCW Selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JohnBradshawLayfield.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]John Bradshaw[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]You could see the disgust on Shane and Stephanies face after this one, because they contemplated taking JBL instead of Mysterio and were targeting him in round 4....A fact is though, John Bradshaw is from Texas, He's a brawlin throwback type that owner Terry Funk likes...he cuts good promos and He began his career wrestling as John Hawk in the dying days of World Class and he brings more name value....Owner Terry Funk says you can say good bye to "JBL" because his name in world class will be John Bradshaw(I believe)[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 3 Pick #5 AWA Selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/MontyBrown.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Monty Brown[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Larry Zbyszko has a big grin on his face after this pick, you can tell Brown was a favorite of his during the last days of TNA...Brown does have alot of Charisma and isn't really close to hitting his potential yet.[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 3 Pick #6 Georgia Championship Wrestling Selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SheltonBenjamin.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Shelton Benjamin[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]The Columbia, SC native has roots in the South, some thought he might have been a target for the AWA as he attended university of Minnesota, but Ole gets another athletically gifted youngster to go with AJ Styles and Christoher Daniels[/I] current rosters after 3 rounds [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Mid Atlantic: Chris Benoit, Randy Orton, Bryan Danielson[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]World Wrestling Federation: Kurt Angle, John Cena, Rey Mysterio[/COLOR] [B]World Wide Wrestling: CM Punk, Paul London, Nigel McGuinness[/B] [COLOR=DarkOrange]World Class: Samoa Joe, Shawn Michaels, John Bradshaw (JBL)[/COLOR] [COLOR=Purple]AWA: Dave Batista, Christian Cage, Monty Brown[/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]Georgia Championship Wrestling: AJ Styles, Chrstopher Daniels, Shelton Benjamin[/COLOR]

I have to disagree with Kade on your picks, except for Nigel, that one was just lame. You could've nabbed Benjamin! He's a phenomenal athlete! But it's your game, I like choosing CM and London first, it's something close to what I'd've done *whisperwhisperPickSpankyNextwhisperwhisper* Unless he goes to WCCW, yanno, being a TWA grad and all, which would be cool. If that's the case, they need to grab Michael Shane. I mean seriously, Joe vs. Spanky vs. Shane vs. Micheals?!?! 10 star match

Thanks for reading guys, I'm glad you enjoy it... I knwo my picks are reaches, but my philosophy is 1. Young guys with upside 2. Guys whose contracts, when up for renewal will be less expensive...I will be starting with my overall popularity much lower than WWf in the same territory, so it will be a struggle 3. (This ones out of character...I like to give myself a bit of a challenge) so my reaches will probably continue a bit Fuelfan I think you must be one of Terry Funk's consultants in World Class...We'll see how it unfolds ;-)

Round 4 [SIZE=5][B]Round 4[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]4th round pick 1-Mid Atlantic Selects[/COLOR][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/CharlieHaas.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Charlie Haas[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Flair, Anderson and Steamboat have put together a good game plan getting another solid professional with credible wrestling skill...Haas was kind of bland in the old WWE, but I'm sure working with this crew they'll get the best out of him...Any combination of a match involving the 4 contracted wrestlers should be a good match[/I] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]4th Round pick #2 -WWF Selects[/COLOR][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Edge.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Edge[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Shane & Stephanie are just plucking them back from their old roster 1 at a time...We think they ideally were hoping for JBL here, but World Class stole that one from them[/I] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]4th Round Pick #3 WWW selects[/COLOR][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/AustinAries.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Austin Aries[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]I like this pick here for the [url]WWW...I[/url] think they be getting good value for the round their picking in...A definate ROH feeling here, although London and Aries never met in ROH and I like the sounds of that already....Punk beat Aries for ROH title with little time to have a lengthy feud, that could be another $$$ making rivalry[/I] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]4th Round Pick #4 World Class Selects[/COLOR][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ChrisHarris.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JamesStorm.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Chris Harris & James Storm: Americas Most Wanted[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]These two seem like if they were around during the heydey of World Class they would have been ideal fits...Its a good pick because your getting 2 wrestlers and there is such a shortage of good tag teams nowadays[/I] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]4th Round Pick #5 AWA Selects[/COLOR][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/ChrisHero.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Chris Hero[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Maybe a slight reach here for the AWA, but he has talent...He also is somewhat of a local wrestler having spent alot of time in midwest indy's...AWA has certainly started with a very unique quartet of wrestlers[/I] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]4th Round Pick #6 Georgia Championship Wrestling selects[/COLOR][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/JamieNoble.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]James Gibson[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Any man who wheres confederate flag on his tights is a perfect fit for Georgia...4 wrestlers drafted by Ole are all very interchangable with one another. All four wrestlers have lived in the South, so they may know the stories of Georgia Championship Wrestling[/I]

Round 5 [SIZE=5][B]Round 5[/B][/SIZE] [COLOR=Red]Round 5 Pick #1- Mid Atlantic Selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/RoderickStrong.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Roderick Strong[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Roderick to me is a modern day Arn Anderson....No frills he's just gonna hurt you....Strong may have been one of the best in ROH at the end...Any match with any 5 guys drafted by Mid Atlantic is a match I'd like to see[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 5 Pick #2- WWF Selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/CarlyColon.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Carlito Colon[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]I'm not sure if WWF wanted to take him this high, but they had to beconcerned that he might get drafted by his father as WWC joins 5 other leagues to start of Rounds 6-10...Carlito hasn't even come close to reaching his potential yet...5 picks in and all 5 picks are ex WWE wrestlers[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 5 Pick #3 WWW Selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BrentAlbright.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Brent Albright[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]This is an interesting pick, he certainly has a solid amateur background and has put on some impressive matches in OVW...He certainly had to be on WWF's radar at the end, but he might lack a bit of Charisma...I'd like to come back and a year later to see how this pick worked out for them[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 5 Pick #4 World Class Selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/Spanky.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Spanky[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Nice pick here by World Class...Spanky has WWF experience...He was tremendous in ROH and he is a graduate of Shawn Michaels Texas Wrestling Academy...I really like the way World Class roster is taking shape and I think fans in Texas will like it too.[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 5 Pick #5 AWA selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/SteveCorino.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Steve Corino[/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]The King of Old School going to the AWA, Corino him self ran World-1 Wrestling which was affiliated with a rebirth of the AWA in the not to distant past...Again AWA roster is looking very unique...I'm wondering what it would look like to see Batista in the ring vs Corino and how credible a match would look between them[/I] [COLOR=Red]Round 5 Pick #6 Georgia Championship Wrestling Selects[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/GregoryHelms.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Gregory Helms[/COLOR][/SIZE] Picking last at the end of each round, Ole Anderson has assembled himself a fines collection of wrestlers...All the guys selected so far range in that 215-230 weight class, which should yield some truly classic encounters...I think that this is the most athletically gifted roster thus far. [B]All wrestlers selected in the last 5 rounds will be signed to written deals with the league that drafted them[/B] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Starting with the next round, 6 NEW leagues will join the current 6 teams drafting...The order will be 1. Mid South-run by Bill Watts 2. Florida Championship Wrestling-Owned by Dusty Rhodes and booked by Gabe Sapolsky 3. WWC- Owne dby Carlos Colon and based out of Puerto Rico 4. Maple Leaf Wrestling-Owned by Tony Garea and booked by Scott D'amore 5. USWA-Owned by Jerry Lawler 6. Central States-owned by Harley Race with Les Thatcher as his right hand man 7-12 will be same 6 that were previously selecting [/COLOR]

After 5 rounds At the completion of 5 rounds the rosters are looking like this [B][U]Mid Atlantic[/U][/B] 1. Chris Benoit 2. Randy Orton 3. Bryan Danielson 4. Charlie Haas 5. Roderick Strong [B][U]WWF[/U][/B] 1. Kurt Angle 2. John Cena 3. Rey Mysterio 4. Edge 5. Carlito Colon [B][U]WWW[/U][/B] 1. CM Punk 2. Paul London 3. Nigel McGuinness 4. Austin Aries 5. Brent Albright [B][U]World Class[/U][/B] 1. Samoa Joe 2. Shawn Michaels 3. John Bradshaw (JBL) 4. Americas Most Wanted Chris Harris & James Storm 5. Spanky [B][U]AWA[/U][/B] 1. Dave Batista 2. Christian Cage 3. Monty Brown 4. Chris Hero 5. Steve Corino [B][U]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/U][/B] 1. AJ Styles 2. Christopher Daniels 3. Shelton Benjamin 4. James Gibson 5. Gregory Helms [B]I'd love to hear your thoughts thus far on the winners & losers and who needs what in future rounds[/B]

Round 6 [B][SIZE=5]Round 6[/SIZE][/B] 6 more leagues have now joined the draft...All these wrestlers will be signed to pat-per-appearance contracts [SIZE=4][B]Round 6[/B][/SIZE] 1. [COLOR=Red]Mid South Selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Bubba Ray & Devon: The Dudley Boys[/COLOR][/SIZE] Bill Watts is in the game and he tries to catch up quick picking a tag team...Watts always had a bit of a hardcore style and these guys fit the bill (no pun intended)....Watts also likes big guys and The Dudleysaren't afraid of blood either [COLOR=Red]2. Florida Championship Wrestling Selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Homicide[/COLOR][/SIZE] Florida is going to be an interesting contrast with Dusty owning it and he hires ROH's Gabe Sapolsky and you can tell this is a pick made by Gabe...Homicide has had success in Florida as a FIP champion...Homicide can give you a brawling style or a strong style style, so it gives Florida some versitility with their first pick [COLOR=Red]3. WWC Selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Abyss[/COLOR][/SIZE] I thought thats who Watts would've taken with his first pick....Puerto Rico is a hardcore haven...They have had monster like wrestlers in the past...Abyss fits the mold [COLOR=Blue]4. Maple Leaf Wrestling selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Rhino[/COLOR][/SIZE] Rhino I believe began his wrestling career spending time in canadian independants...Scott D'Amore is booking here and he has had a relationship with Rhino. [COLOR=Red]5. Central States selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Chad Collyer[/COLOR][/SIZE] Harley Race makes his first pick and he likes guys that can wrestle and thats what Collyer brings to the table..Collyer has wrestled most extensively in the midwest his entire career, so it's a good regional pick [COLOR=Red]6. USWA selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Jeff Jarrett[/COLOR][/SIZE] Well I guess it wouldn't be Memphis without Jeff Jarrett...If I had to make 1 prediction where 1 wrestler would end up before the draft started it would Jeff Jarrett returning to Memphis [COLOR=Red]7. Mid Atlantic Selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Mark & Jay: The Briscoe Brothers[/COLOR][/SIZE] This is a great local pick by Flair and company as The Briscoes hail from the region (Delaware, I think thats Mid Atlantic)...A great Tag Team, but they are also getting accomplished singles wrestlers as well...And they are so young, I believe the sky is th limit as far as potential for the brothers [COLOR=Red]8. WWF selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Bobby Lashley[/COLOR][/SIZE] A bit of a surprise here as Lashley isn't an established ex-WWE worker...But no doubt the potential is there...In what looks to be a scaled down version of old WWE, Lashley is sure to get a bigger push sooner...A developemental pick by the WWF..WOW! [COLOR=Red]9. WWW selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Claudio Castognoli[/COLOR][/SIZE] This guy has great size, a great look, and great wrestling ability...It gives the WWW a ready made feud with Nigel McGuinness...Castognoli was a breakout star of 2005 on the independant scene, based on potential I wouldn't have been surprised to see him go higher. [COLOR=Red]10. World Class selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Booker T[/COLOR][/SIZE] This guy can still perform in the ring...Booker T was amember of Harlem Heat and when Harlem Heat came on the scene they were known as The Ebony Experiance and they wrestled in the defunct Global Wrestling Federation which was what I consider an off spring of the old World Class...Booker T. spent early part of career in Texas and I believe is fromthe Lonestar state [COLOR=Red]11. AWA Selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Colt Cabana[/COLOR][/SIZE] Cabana is an entertainer, who other than ROH has spent his entire career wrestling in Mid West...He's from Chicage which is a town I'm sure AWA would like to run. [COLOR=Red]12. Georgia Championship Wrestling Selects[/COLOR] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Kid Kash[/COLOR][/SIZE] Kash is a southener, he fits the mold of picks by Ole Anderson, which looks as if he is recreating the old TNA X division right inthe state of Georgia...There is going to be some great matches down here.

Mid Atlantic 1. Chris Benoit 2. Randy Orton 3. Bryan Danielson 4. Charlie Haas 5. Roderick Strong 6. The Briscoe Brothers -My Notes: Hands down, an amazing roster with nothing but talent. The weakest worker on here has to be Orton, who I feel isn't really up to the hype that the WWE puts on him, but he has youth, star power, and a bit of Charisma. Kinda sad to see Benoit not go up north, but what can you do? Next Prediction: Low Ki WWF 0. Triple H 1. Kurt Angle 2. John Cena 3. Rey Mysterio 4. Edge 5. Carlito Colon 6. Bobby Lashley -My Notes: Definately looking like WWF, in a good way though. With picking their obviously most talented worker first, I really think they should've focused on not just their big names, but their big TALENTED names. The only people on this list that I think are of a decent calibur in the ring are Rey-Rey and Edge, but that's just me, and I haven't seen Lashley yet, everyone says he's really good. Next Prediction: The Undertaker WWW 1. CM Punk 2. Paul London 3. Nigel McGuinness 4. Austin Aries 5. Brent Albright 6. Claudio Castagnoli -My Notes: Hmm, Three Amazing picks with Punk, London, and Aries, and three workers to fill in your undercard, so not too bad I guess. There are lots of workers you could pick up to round out this roster. Next Prediction: Chris Sabin World Class 1. Samoa Joe 2. Shawn Michaels 3. John Bradshaw (JBL) 4. Americas Most Wanted Chris Harris & James Storm 5. Spanky 6. Booker T -My Notes: Well, definately an interesting roster you got going here. Joe was definately an odd choice, I'd expect HBK to go first, since when I think of Texas Wrestling, I think of him. That, plus, I'd like to see Joe go to the California territory and become the ace over there. You have some major star power going on here with a lot of classic Texas workers. I don't think AMW are from the lonestar state, but their whole cowboy deal definately fits in well. Next Prediction: Michael Shane!!! AWA 1. Dave Batista 2. Christian Cage 3. Monty Brown 4. Chris Hero 5. Steve Corino 6. Colt Cobana -My Notes: I have to say, while Christian is okay, the first three picks SUCKED. The second half were a heck of a lot better though and the roster balanced out quite nicely. Christian versus Cabana could be all types of entertainment, as would Christian versus Corino. Next Prediction: CW Anderson Georgia Championship Wrestling 1. AJ Styles 2. Christopher Daniels 3. Shelton Benjamin 4. James Gibson 5. Gregory Helms 6. Kid Kash -My Notes: BAH GAWD!!! This is easily one of the greatest rosters ever assembled, and no offense to you old school, but this is the company I'm rooting for. They still have a lot of workers they can pick up that could make the company even better, if that's even possible. Next Prediction: Matt Hardy Oh, and yes, Rhino started up in the Michigan/Canada area. And Abyss started his career in Puerto Rico under the name Prince Justice, or something like that, so that's a really good first choice for them

Archived