How do YOU start a diary?

I've decided to do another diary. But that's just the first step in my personal creative process, there are other things I need to work out.

Where? Japan. It's the style and wrestling culture I'm most comfortable with by far. And there are not nearly enough puroresu diaries.

Who? Stardom. The newer, hotter joshi puroresu promotion. I'll start from the begining. This is required since I'm reimagining it a little.

How? how is a one word question so tough to answer?? I'll consult my 2014 puroresu guides for information and pictures. Find some good sites for current info and pictures. List all the wrestlers and get ready to stat them up. The stats and pics mod for the game will be the most time consuming part.

But there is more to it than the in game stuff. I need presentation. How will it look, what format will I use for pics, banners and stuff. Do I steal shamelessly from Eisenverse's minimalist style? Or do I create something more colorful? Whatever I do, I think I can work in some chibi drawings for certain segments. I'm a very visual person, I want to do more than just basic pics and results., while working within the limitations of the forum.

Part of this process is also figuring out how much detail I want to work in for matches. I can't go full TigerK and do move by move. So I need to summarize some and just hit the important points of the match. I already have the overall plot in mind, but I'll get more specific ideas for wrestlers as I gather information.

So, what do the rest of you do while starting a diary?

I always struggle with this. I want to make a diary that is both interesting and visually appeasing for readers, but additionally does not feel like a chore to write and produce. Every diary attempt I have made has fallen flat because I can't seem to produce content that I'm satisfied with in a timely fashion. It's a fine-line to walk, made all that much more intimidating by the overwhelming quantity of quality work (see Eisen-verse, Beejus, The Final Countdown, Ritchardo, etc.)

A few months ago I asked people what they thought made a quality diary on the Diary Previews thread (see page 24 of said thread to find the conversation). It generated a lot of....(tense?) conversion. Maybe you'll get some insight there.

I for one would love to see someone put together a quality puroresu diary. Good luck mate. I'll be keeping an eye out for your work.

<p>Can't really comment as I haven't done a diary, but good luck with Stardom. I haven't seen many puro diaries, yet alone a joshi one.</p><p> </p><p>

As far as presentation goes, it puts me off when I open a diary, see a "history" header followed by twelve paragraphs telling me every little thing about the promotions history. Sometimes less is more.</p>

<p><em>Hey, I got X great idea that I haven't seen done before.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#0000FF;">It has; you're a moron.</span></em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Whatever; I'ma do it anyway. Different look and all that.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#0000FF;">Fine, okay. Just make it good.</span></em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>That's easy! I have excellent dialogue and I always seem to be able to get the ball rolling and keep it going strong!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#0000FF;">What basis do you have for that claim?</span></em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>And people always love my diaries!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#0000FF;">What? No they don't! You're viewership sucks and the </span></em><em><span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong>vast</strong></span></em><em><span style="color:#0000FF;"> majority of posts in your topics are you!</span></em></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="font-size:14px;">CAN'T HEAR YOU ALREADY MADE THE TOPIC</span></em></p><p> </p><p>

~fin~</p>

Archived