Player's Guide: What I have Learned

In your entry for coaches, you mention having 'good' motivation and other skills referenced by 'good' or 'average'.

I couldn't see in the manual what each colour code meant. This is my assumptions and correct me if I'm wrong:

Blue - Excellent

Green - Good

Yellow - Above Average/Average

Orange - Average/Below Average

Red - Below Average/Poor

I'm not exactly sure.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><strong>Passing Offense</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Offensive line</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The offensive line must be very good at pass blocking.</p><p>

<strong>LT</strong>- on average, between 300-350 lbs. Must have high speed (hopefully under 5 40 m dash) and agility to beat the speed pass rushers. They also must be strong but do not have to be incredibly strong (Bench press number in the recruitment panel gives an indicator of their strength ability).</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>LG and RG</strong>- You want them big and juicy to pass block here. When pass blocking, the interior line does not have to move forward to make a hole, they have to stand fast and take the rush. So you want them big (310lbs or more: an offensive tackle who switched positions can be good here) and strong (400+ bench press). They do not necessarily have to be fast if you can exchange speed for strength and bulwark.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>RT</strong>- to pass block well, you want your RT to somewhat be a clone of your LT, but he does not have to because you have RG there as well. He needs to be able to pass block, but can trade agility for strength.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>C</strong>: You want your C to be the most athletic man on the line. So usually they are between (280-300 lbs). He needs to be athletic because he is the one who has to snap it off and immediately engage a blocker. So his 40 m. dash should preferably be in the 4.8 region. He also needs to be strong because the two DT might double up on him.</p>

Quarterbacks

Good arm strength is paramount. Use the bench press nos. for qualifying that. Also, it is good for them to have at least a 4.7 40 so they can extend plays in the pocket. Durability should be high because otherwise your QB will always get hurt and his play will suffer

Runningbacks and Fullbacks

The backs must be good at pass blocking and receiving because they will have to pick up blitzes(usually from LBs) or catch play-action passes. Usually most backs have a blocking rating on their playercard, but you can also look at speed, strength and agility for it. Best blocking are big, and strong with high agility so they can hold off LBs.

Hands and agility rating are important for receiving; hands shows how good the back is at catching and agility shows how good they are at making people miss in space.

Tight End

You want to have both blocking at receiving TEs. Blocking ones will have a block rating (both run and pass-block). These are usually bigger (6'5 250+) and can also catch. The receiving TEs are usually smaller (6'5 220 or so) but they have usually better speed and agility.

Wide Receivers

The types of WR you should pursue depends mostly on what kind of QB and OL you have.

Types:

Speed WR - these ones are usually the fastest ones. Some of them become great at catching, and some do not.

Possession WR - these ones are usually bigger and have greater catch spheres at (sometimes) the expense of speed.

So who should you get?

First off, if the man cannot catch the ball, he is pointless. The duty of a WR is to receive balls. So make sure he can catch. Also, make sure he is durable, as he will need all the playing time he can get.

If your QB is noodle armed and your OL is holy, you will need WRs who can pick up yards-after catch. These receivers need to be strong and agile to get those YAC. The jumping statistic as well as the bench press weight on the recruitment player card should show those characteristics.

If your QB is strong armed and your OL is stalwart, you can afford to get flashier, faster guys as your QB will have more time to throw and WRs have more time to get behind defenses. So WRs here can have faster times and lesser hands ability, because frequently he can get behind defenses and make catches that are less contested.

However, receiving is not the only thing WRs will do. They should also be called on to run block down the field. This leads up to my 3rd type of WR

Runblock-Posession receivers

These are undersized TEs. Frequently I see a TE who is 6'5 220 who got a 4.55 40 or something like that. So he has great receiving ability. However, he can also run block at a higher level than most WRs. He will be the big guy who goes 10 yards downfield and blocks the CB out of his shoes, and for a team that wishes to run a lot, this is important. most standard WRs have run blocking ratings of 5 or 6, well, these undersized TEs will have run block skills of 30 or 40, good enough when facing up to defensive backs. So recruit some of them and convert them during week 6 of camp

None, you have to go after the players that you can get but still fit the same schemes and types. For example, two schools with 80 prestige in the SEC vs two schools in the Mountain West with 45 prestige. All the schemes and formations would still be the same, just the quality of the athletes would differ

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="C-Bailey24" data-cite="C-Bailey24" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37477" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Great thread. What suggestions/exceptions should be made when recruiting/setting depth chart if your coaching a school in the 30-50 prestige range?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> agree with William's answer. I am coaching at such a school and drool over the talent he shows having at Ole Miss (but I had similiar when I coached at Tennessee). At the smaller schools, you won't get the top 100 5 star types. However, you can recruit guys for your system (looking at mostly 2 and 3 stars to begin with). The other schools will be getting those same quality guys (often 1 and 2 stars; though the top schools do score a few 4 stars from time to time). If you are able to "scout" and find the right guys (hands, speed, size, etc) you will be successful. I've gotten a couple recruits go on to become All-Americans, so it can be done (extra talent in the lower rung conference can set you up for success)</p><p> </p><p> trick is being able to find those diamonds in the rough from the recruiting scouting reports - and then being able to sign them (if a bigger school wants them, they're gone)</p>

<p>Usually, one thing you can look at is a player's test scores. Higher test score usually lead to higher intelligence and or instincts, which in some cases can make up for lack of athletic ability (e.g. knowing where you need to be in the flow of the game would make up for lack of strength, size or speed).</p><p> </p><p>

One of those CBs I got on my roster has 70 coverage, but 50 speed and jumping. Instincts is 85.</p><p> </p><p>

Man got 6 picks and about 25 PD last year. Then he went to the NFL and ditched me.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>I'm curious how you call you decide which play to call during your game. </p><p>

1) What do you look for in an opponent's roster to determine mismatches for your offense?</p><p>

2) How do you attack the mismatches on offense(passing and running)?</p><p>

3) How do you determine which defense to use?</p><p>

4) How do you adjust during a game based on results?</p><p>

5) How often do you pick the same play (1-3 times a game or more often) for both offense and defense?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for the write up you've done a great job and I've learned a few things from you that I'm interested to try whenever I start up my dynasty again. Keep it up!</p>

<p><strong>1).</strong> I addressed this somewhat for passing when I talked about setting depth charts and how you match up the defensive backs with the receivers based on speed, coverage, agility, etc. However, with the running game, it is a bit different. I think endurance is a great factor. If the opposing team's defensive line has low endurance, if you keep running the ball, the holes will get bigger and bigger because that defense is getting tireder and tireder. So, for example, let us say you click on the opposing right DT who confronts your LG and realizes his endurance is 30/100. Well then it stands to reason if you run LG more then you might can get more on that left side because that DT doesn't have the stamina to keep up.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>3)</strong> I determine the defense based on the situation, and the skills of the players. For example, if it is 3rd and 19 and I am on D, obviously I'd get in Dime or Nickel formation. However, now I have to look at the QB. If the QB has weak arm strength I will feel safer blitzing a safety or going into medium rather than deep zone because he cannot throw that far. Maybe I want to get a sack so I'll go 34 normal MZ with blitz 4 5 7. If my DBs are studs, then I might feel safer going Dime-normal man with blitzing SS.</p><p> </p><p>

If my D line is studly and the enemy team's O-line is shit, then I might run a 3-4 more because now I can have an extra man in coverage and hopefully generate pass rush with 3. if I find out that for some reason they love to run to the left out of the option, well, maybe Goalline Left zone run play might be the best to use.</p><p> </p><p>

There is usually a preview of the opposing team you can see. When you go to the weekly schedule screen, there are two slots: Play and Preview. Click Preview and you can see all the formations that team has called plays out of and the average yard per play. under 5 ypp is run and over 9 ypp is what I call pass and in between is average.</p><p> </p><p>

I adjust everytime something bad happens. If I am sodomizing and stopping them, good. If they score, I see what happened and try to fix it.</p><p> </p><p>

As far as how many times I call a play, I call sometimes maybe 100 plays a game, so I am all over the place. I've called plays 6 times in a row because it just kept working.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>I think I might make a section on this play-calling. I shall play a game first so I can have examples.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

<p><strong>First, the pictures</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>My offense</em></p><p>

<a href="http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/william0530/media/BBCF%20photos/OMvsFL_depth_chart_zps8fd96997.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h324/william0530/BBCF%20photos/OMvsFL_depth_chart_zps8fd96997.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Florida's Offense</em></p><p>

<a href="http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/william0530/media/BBCF%20photos/OMvsFL_florida_depth_chart_zps49b1155d.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h324/william0530/BBCF%20photos/OMvsFL_florida_depth_chart_zps49b1155d.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Florida's defense</em></p><p>

<a href="http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/william0530/media/BBCF%20photos/florida_Defense_depth_chart_zpsb670b1c7.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h324/william0530/BBCF%20photos/florida_Defense_depth_chart_zpsb670b1c7.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

Florida's RDT who is confronted by my LG</p><p>

<a href="http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/william0530/media/BBCF%20photos/Olemiss_OG_zpsc08135ca.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h324/william0530/BBCF%20photos/Olemiss_OG_zpsc08135ca.png</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/william0530/media/BBCF%20photos/Florida_DT_zpsc4d565bb.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h324/william0530/BBCF%20photos/Florida_DT_zpsc4d565bb.png</span></a></p>

<p>Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS35 (15:00) 0-0</p><p>

Jason Laws kicks 73 from Ole Miss 35 to end zone, Touchback.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA20 (14:44) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-FL-cross-SE-out</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: 4-4, Play: 44-run-Man-B5,8</p><p>

False Start against C Mark Williams on Florida. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</p><p>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 15 at the Florida 15.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 1-15-FLA15 (14:44) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-draw-RT</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: 4-4, Play: 44-run-Man-B5,8</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs right guard for 4 yards (ILB G. Lindberg). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 2-11-FLA19 (14:11) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-FL-outs</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: 5-2, Play: 52-run-Man-B6,7</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 13 yard out to WR P. Conklin (OOB). P. Conklin made a great catch. </p><p>

OT R. Harris earned a pancake on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA32 (14:01) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-FB-toss-RE</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-2-5, Play: 425-norm-TMan-Spy</p><p>

FB P. Gilliland runs right end for 2 yards (ILB E. Hancock). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 2-8-FLA34 (13:35) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-FB-curl-TE-cor</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-2-5, Play: 425-norm-MZ-B9</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to FB P. Gilliland.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 2-8-FLA34 (13:35) 0-0</p><p>

OT Matthew Howard (FLA) was injured on the play (Toe). It doesn't look too serious and he </p><p>

should return.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 3-8-FLA34 (13:17) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Weak, Play: WK-HB-power-RE</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs right end for 5 yards (CB W. Baldwin). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 4-3-FLA39 (12:44) 0-0</p><p>

Rex Ferguson Punts 43 yards to the Ole Miss 18 yard line, where Robert Smith returns it to </p><p>

Ole Miss 22 for a 4 yard return.</p><p> </p><p>

Grabbing Face Mask against RB Johnny Bruce on Florida. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</p><p>

The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Ole Miss 27.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS27 (12:34) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-power-LG</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-MZ</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left guard for 3 yards (FS W. Whitehead). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS27 (12:34) 0-0</p><p>

OG Eric King (MISS) was injured on the play (OK). It doesn't look like he will return.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-7-MISS30 (12:18) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-pitch-LG</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man-B6,10</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left tackle for 8 yards (FS W. Whitehead, SS M. Rocha). OG G. Shields had </p><p>

a key block on the run.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS38 (11:51) 0-0</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-DZ</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left guard for 0 yards (FS W. Whitehead). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-10-MISS38 (11:22) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-RB-corner-WR4-str</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-MZ-B7,8</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR B. Allison (SS M. Rocha). DE D. Young hurried </p><p>

the QB. SS M. Rocha broke up the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 3-10-MISS38 (11:05) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-out-WR3-curl</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-TMan-R</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 6 yard hook to WR B. Allison (OLB A. Tuttle, SS M. Rocha). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 4-4-MISS44 (10:38) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-screen</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man</p><p>

QB P. Colson runs outside for 4 yards (SS B. Smith, CB S. Bogan). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS48 (10:23) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-power-RE</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-MZ-B11</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs right tackle for 4 yards (SS B. Smith). </p><p> </p><p>

Offsides against DT Paul James on Florida. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</p><p>

The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 5 at the Florida 47.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-5-FLA47 (10:09) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-power-RE</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs right end for 3 yards (SS B. Smith). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-2-FLA44 (09:42) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-straight-LG</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B11</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left tackle for 3 yards (CB J. Manuel). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA41 (09:12) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Wing T, Play: T-HB-power-RG</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-Man</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs right guard for 14 yards (SS B. Smith). OT J. Fitzpatrick had a key block </p><p>

on the run.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA27 (08:39) 0-0</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-TMan</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs right tackle for 4 yards (SS M. Rocha). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-6-FLA23 (08:07) 0-0</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-TE-boot-out</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 6 yard cross to TE V. Pritchett (SS M. Rocha). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA17 (07:43) 0-0</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 17 yard cross to TE V. Pritchett ****Touchdown!***** P. Colson with </p><p>

the great pass. CB S. Bogan missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-0-FLA0 (07:20) 6-0</p><p>

Jason Laws converts the PAT.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS35 (07:20) 7-0</p><p>

Jason Laws kicks 75 from Ole Miss 35 to end zone, Touchback.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA20 (07:05) 0-7</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-toss-LE</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs left end for 23 yards (CB A. Allen). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA43 (06:35) 0-7</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-run-MZ-B8</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left guard for -2 yards (DE R. Beckwith). C M. Williams missed a block that </p><p>

hurt the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 2-12-FLA41 (06:05) 0-7</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Weak, Play: WK-HB-toss-LE</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left end for 1 yard (ILB E. Hancock). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 3-11-FLA42 (05:39) 0-7</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Weak, Play: WK-SE-streaks</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 15 yard in to WR P. Conklin (OOB).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS43 (05:21) 0-7</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-FL-in-SE-post</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-MZ-B7,8</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR H. Serrano. P. Fuchs made a bad pass. DE R. Beckwith </p><p>

hurried the QB.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 2-10-MISS43 (05:06) 0-7</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-slant-WR3-in</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B5</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR C. Leonard. P. Fuchs made a bad pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 3-10-MISS43 (04:51) 0-7</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-SE-up-WR3-out</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-DZ-B8</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR H. Serrano (FS R. Smith). FS R. Smith broke up </p><p>

the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 4-10-MISS43 (04:32) 0-7</p><p>

Rex Ferguson Punts 42 yards to the Ole Miss 1 yard line, where it goes out of bounds.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS1 (04:16) 7-0</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B11</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 19 yard out to TE M. Pittman (OOB). OG G. Shields earned a pancake </p><p>

on the play. SS J. Sage missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS20 (04:05) 7-0</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-Man-B5</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 2 yard cross to TE V. Pritchett (OLB A. Tuttle). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-8-MISS22 (03:43) 7-0</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-run-SZ-B5</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 23 yard out to TE M. Pittman (SS B. Smith). OT J. Fitzpatrick earned </p><p>

a pancake on the play. CB J. Manuel missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS45 (03:22) 7-0</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-MZ</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to TE J. Harrison (CB J. Manuel). CB J. Manuel broke </p><p>

up the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-10-MISS45 (03:06) 7-0</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 21 yard post to TE J. Harrison (ILB B. Peters). C M. Starr earned </p><p>

a pancake on the play. CB S. Bogan missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA34 (02:42) 7-0</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-HB-toss-LE</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left end for 11 yards (SS M. Rocha). C R. Walters had a key block on the run.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA23 (02:12) 7-0</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left end for 23 yards ****Touchdown!***** C R. Walters had a key block on </p><p>

the run.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-0-FLA0 (01:43) 13-0</p><p>

Jason Laws converts the PAT.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS35 (01:43) 14-0</p><p>

Jason Laws kicks 67 from Ole Miss 35 to Florida -2. Patrick Conklin to Florida 33 for a 35 </p><p>

yard return.</p><p> </p><p>

Illegal Use of Hands against SS John Sage on Florida. The Penalty is for 10 yards.</p><p>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Florida 23.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA23 (01:30) 0-14</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Weak, Play: WK-SE-slant-FL-in</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-MZ-B6,11</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 6 yard screen to WR H. Serrano (ILB G. Lindberg, CB A. Mullins). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q1, 2-4-FLA29 (01:08) 0-14</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-FB-power-LG</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-run-SZ-R</p><p>

FB P. Gilliland runs left tackle for -2 yards (DT K. Keeler). OG M. Evans missed a block that </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA27 (00:38) 14-0</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-MZ-B6,11</p><p>

RB D. Oleary runs left end for 0 yards (SS M. Rocha). TE M. Pittman missed a block that hurt </p><p>

the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-10-FLA27 (00:08) 14-0</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to TE J. Harrison (CB S. Bogan). TE J. Harrison ran </p><p>

an incorrect route. CB S. Bogan broke up the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 3-10-FLA27 (14:50) 14-0</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Spread, Play: SP-SE-outs</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR C. Ware.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 4-10-FLA27 (14:32) 14-0</p><p>

Jason Laws converts the 45 yard field goal.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS35 (14:16) 17-0</p><p>

Jason Laws kicks 64 from Ole Miss 35 to Florida 1. Patrick Conklin to Florida 36 for a 35 </p><p>

Spearing against WR Antwan Schmidt on Ole Miss. The Penalty is for 15 yards, and an automatic </p><p>

first down.</p><p>

The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Ole Miss 49.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS49 (14:04) 0-17</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-SE-corner-FL-curl</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 6 yard hook to WR C. Leonard (OOB).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 2-4-MISS43 (13:53) 0-17</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-run-SZ</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left guard for 1 yard (DE R. Beckwith). OT M. Howard missed a block that </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 3-3-MISS42 (13:20) 0-17</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-run-SZ</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left guard for 3 yards (ILB E. Hancock). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS39 (12:52) 0-17</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-run-Man-B7,8,9</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs left end for -2 yards (ILB E. Hancock). C M. Williams missed a block that </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 2-12-MISS41 (12:19) 0-17</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-SE-curl-WR3-out</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-pass-MZ-B10,11</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 6 yard hook to WR H. Serrano (OOB).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 3-6-MISS35 (12:02) 0-17</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-pass-MZ-B10,11</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left guard for 8 yards (OLB M. Diaz). ILB E. Hancock was out of position </p><p>

on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS27 (11:36) 0-17</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-counter-LG</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs left guard for 1 yard (ILB E. Hancock). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 2-9-MISS26 (11:09) 0-17</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-straight-RE</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs right end for 1 yard (OLB M. Diaz). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 3-8-MISS25 (10:38) 0-17</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 18 yard post to WR H. Serrano (CB A. Mullins). OG M. Evans earned </p><p>

a pancake on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-7-MISS7 (10:14) 0-17</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Weak, Play: WK-HB-counter-RG</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-run-SZ</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs right guard for 0 yards (DE R. Beckwith). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 2-7-MISS7 (09:44) 0-17</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR C. Leonard (CB A. Allen). CB A. Allen broke up </p><p>

the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 3-7-MISS7 (09:26) 0-17</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-SE-playact-corner</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 7 yard post to WR P. Conklin ****Touchdown!*****</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-0-MISS0 (09:18) 6-17</p><p>

James Mcdonald converts the PAT.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-FLA35 (09:18) 7-17</p><p>

James Mcdonald kicks 55 from Florida 35 to Ole Miss 10. Tony Anderson to Ole Miss 35 for a </p><p>

25 yard return.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS35 (08:45) 17-7</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Spread, Play: SP-FL-screen</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-ZoneBlitz</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 15 yard screen to WR A. Schmidt (SS J. Sage, SS B. Smith). CB S. </p><p>

Bogan missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS50 (08:21) 17-7</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 17 yard screen to WR A. Schmidt (OOB). OT J. Fitzpatrick earned a </p><p>

pancake on the play. CB J. Manuel missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-FLA33 (08:04) 17-7</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 11 yard screen to WR A. Schmidt (CB S. Bogan, CB J. Manuel). CB </p><p>

J. Manuel was out of position on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Pass Interference against SS John Sage on Florida. The Penalty is for 11 yards, and an automatic </p><p>

first down.</p><p>

The penalty will be declined.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-FLA22 (07:51) 17-7</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 12 yard screen to WR A. Schmidt (OLB R. Carpenter, CB J. Manuel). </p><p>

P. Colson with the great pass. OT W. Moore earned a pancake on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Holding against OT James Fitzpatrick on Ole Miss. The Penalty is for 10 yards.</p><p>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 20 at the Florida 32.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-20-FLA32 (07:36) 17-7</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-MZ</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 1 yard screen to WR A. Schmidt (OLB R. Carpenter). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 2-19-FLA31 (07:13) 17-7</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Strong, Play: ST-SE-slant-FL-str</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-MZ-B5,8</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 1 yard cross to WR C. Ware (FS W. Whitehead). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 3-18-FLA30 (06:52) 17-7</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Strong, Play: ST-TE-streak-SE-out</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-SZ-B5,7</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 22 yard out to WR C. Ware (OOB). C M. Starr earned a pancake on the </p><p>

play.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-8-FLA8 (06:41) 17-7</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-DZ</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to TE V. Pritchett (SS M. Rocha). SS M. Rocha broke </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 2-8-FLA8 (06:24) 17-7</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-TMan</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 1 yard out to TE M. Pittman (OOB).</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 3-7-FLA7 (06:12) 17-7</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Spread, Play: SP-SE-slant-WR3-cor</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-run-SZ-L</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR B. Allison.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 4-7-FLA7 (05:56) 17-7</p><p>

Jason Laws converts the 25 yard field goal.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS35 (05:37) 20-7</p><p>

Jason Laws kicks 67 from Ole Miss 35 to Florida -2. Patrick Conklin to Florida 29 for a 31 </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-FLA29 (05:20) 7-20</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs right end for -1 yards (FS R. Smith).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 2-11-FLA28 (04:49) 7-20</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left tackle for -1 yards (ILB E. Hancock).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 3-12-FLA27 (04:20) 7-20</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Weak, Play: WK-FL-screen</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 4 yard screen to WR C. Leonard (ILB G. Lindberg). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 4-8-FLA31 (03:56) 7-20</p><p>

Rex Ferguson Punts 60 yards to the Ole Miss 9 yard line, where it gets downed.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS9 (03:40) 20-7</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs left tackle for 4 yards (OLB A. Tuttle, ILB B. Peters). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 2-6-MISS13 (03:08) 20-7</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs left guard for 7 yards (OLB R. Carpenter). ILB B. Peters missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS20 (02:42) 20-7</p><p>

Offense: Long Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-WR3-corner-FL-post</p><p>

False Start against OT Will Moore on Ole Miss. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</p><p>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 15 at the Ole Miss 15.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-15-MISS15 (02:42) 20-7</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-HB-screen</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-TMan-R</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 6 yard screen to RB R. Miller (ILB B. Peters, FS W. Whitehead). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 2-9-MISS21 (02:21) 20-7</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-SE-outs</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to TE M. Pittman.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 3-9-MISS21 (02:04) 20-7</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-FL-curls</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-Man</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 32 yard hook to WR C. Ware (ILB B. Peters). OLB R. Carpenter allowed </p><p>

the big play.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-FLA47 (01:57) 20-7</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-RB-straight-LT</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B5,6</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs left end for 10 yards (OLB R. Carpenter, FS W. Whitehead). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 1-10-FLA37 (01:30) 20-7</p><p>

RB D. Oleary runs left tackle for 1 yard (CB S. Bogan). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 2-9-FLA36 (01:03) 20-7</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-SE-outs</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-DZ</p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 3-9-FLA36 (00:57) 20-7</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to RB R. Miller. RB R. Miller dropped the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q2, 4-9-FLA36 (00:49) 20-7</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-WR3-playact-post</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-MZ-B5,6</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR B. Allison.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-FLA36 (00:42) 7-20</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 14 yard out-and-up to WR H. Serrano (ILB G. Lindberg). P. Fuchs with </p><p>

the great pass. OT R. Harris earned a pancake on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-FLA50 (00:17) 7-20</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-TE-flat-FL-curl</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 25 yard dump off to WR J. Finch (CB W. Baldwin, CB A. Allen). CB </p><p>

W. Baldwin was out of position on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida Timeout!</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-MISS25 (00:09) 7-20</p><p>

James Mcdonald converts the 43 yard field goal.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q2, 1-10-FLA35 (00:03) 10-20</p><p>

James Mcdonald kicks 67 from Florida 35 to Ole Miss -2. Tony Anderson to Ole Miss 14 for a </p><p>

16 yard return.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA35 (15:00) 10-20</p><p>

James Mcdonald kicks 63 from Florida 35 to Ole Miss 2. Alvin Allen to Ole Miss 27 for a 25 </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-MISS27 (14:45) 20-10</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-DZ-B6</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs left guard for 1 yard (CB S. Bogan). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-9-MISS28 (14:14) 20-10</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-ZoneBlitz</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 47 yard out to TE M. Pittman (SS M. Rocha, FS W. Whitehead). P. </p><p>

Colson with the great pass. OLB R. Carpenter allowed the big play.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA25 (13:52) 20-10</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 2 yard out to TE M. Pittman (SS M. Rocha, SS B. Smith). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-8-FLA23 (13:29) 20-10</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs left end for 1 yard (SS M. Rocha). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 3-7-FLA22 (13:03) 20-10</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-HB-flat-TE2-slant</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-MZ</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to TE V. Pritchett. DT J. Cowan hurried the QB.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 4-7-FLA22 (12:44) 20-10</p><p>

Jason Laws converts the 40 yard field goal.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-MISS35 (12:25) 23-10</p><p>

Jason Laws kicks 64 from Ole Miss 35 to Florida 1. Patrick Conklin to Florida 24 for a 23 </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA24 (12:08) 10-23</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs left tackle for 1 yard (DT K. Keeler). </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 2-9-FLA25 (11:41) 10-23</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-playact-curl</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 9 yard hook to WR H. Serrano (ILB G. Lindberg). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA34 (11:18) 10-23</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs right end for 7 yards (ILB E. Hancock). OG M. Evans had a key block on the </p><p>

run.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 2-3-FLA41 (10:47) 10-23</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-power-RG</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs right guard for -2 yards (ILB E. Hancock).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 3-5-FLA39 (10:18) 10-23</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-Man-B5</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 8 yard out to WR C. Leonard (CB A. Mullins). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA47 (09:57) 10-23</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-SZ-B11</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left tackle for 1 yard (DT R. Ladner). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 2-9-FLA48 (09:29) 10-23</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-pitch-LE</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs left tackle for 1 yard (CB W. Baldwin). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 3-8-FLA49 (08:58) 10-23</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Weak, Play: WK-SE-slant-FL-in</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 8 yard screen to WR H. Serrano (OOB).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 1-10-MISS43 (08:45) 10-23</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 6 yard hook to WR C. Leonard (OOB).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 2-4-MISS37 (08:33) 10-23</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-pitch-LE</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-run-M-B7-R</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left end for -4 yards (CB W. Baldwin). C M. Williams missed a block that </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 3-8-MISS41 (08:07) 10-23</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-Man-B6</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 3 yard screen to RB S. Tobin (FS R. Smith, ILB G. Lindberg). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 4-5-MISS38 (07:44) 10-23</p><p>

James Mcdonald misses the 56 yard field goal. It will be Ole Miss ball at the MISS 38</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-MISS38 (07:26) 23-10</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-HB-power-RG</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-Man-B8</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs right guard for 0 yards (SS M. Rocha). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-10-MISS38 (06:57) 23-10</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Spread, Play: SP-WR3-screen</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-MZ-B6</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 7 yard screen to WR B. Allison (SS B. Smith). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 3-3-MISS45 (06:34) 23-10</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Spread, Play: SP-WR3-screen</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR B. Allison. DT J. Cowan hurried the QB.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 4-3-MISS45 (06:18) 23-10</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 20 yard screen to WR A. Schmidt (FS W. Whitehead, ILB B. Peters). </p><p>

A. Schmidt made a great catch. C R. Walters earned a pancake on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA35 (05:57) 23-10</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man-B5-L</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs right tackle for 3 yards (SS B. Smith). </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-7-FLA32 (05:26) 23-10</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Wing T, Play: T-FB-power-RG</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-run-Man-B5,7</p><p>

FB W. Johnson runs right tackle for 4 yards (OLB R. Carpenter). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 3-3-FLA28 (04:55) 23-10</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Wing T, Play: T-FB-power-RG</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-MZ-B5,8</p><p>

FB W. Johnson runs right guard for -1 yards (FS W. Whitehead). TE M. Pittman missed a block </p><p>

that hurt the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Offsides against OLB Arnold Tuttle on Florida. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</p><p>

The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Florida 23.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA23 (04:45) 23-10</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Wing T, Play: T-HB-toss-LE</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs left tackle for 0 yards (OOB). TE M. Pittman missed a block that hurt the </p><p>

play.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-10-FLA23 (04:28) 23-10</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 4 yard in to WR A. Schmidt (OLB A. Tuttle). </p><p> </p><p>

Holding against C Raymond Walters on Ole Miss. The Penalty is for 10 yards.</p><p>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now Second and 20 at the Florida 33.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-20-FLA33 (04:14) 23-10</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-slants</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR B. Allison. WR B. Allison ran an incorrect route.</p><p> </p><p>

Holding against CB Wayne Logan on Florida. The Penalty is for 10 yards, and an automatic first </p><p>

down.</p><p>

The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Florida 23.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA23 (04:02) 23-10</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-counter-RT</p><p>

RB R. Miller runs right end for 2 yards (ILB B. Peters). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-8-FLA21 (03:32) 23-10</p><p>

RB D. Oleary runs left tackle for 2 yards (FS W. Whitehead, DE R. Dobbs). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 3-6-FLA19 (03:04) 23-10</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-WR3-ins</p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 4-6-FLA19 (02:49) 23-10</p><p>

Jason Laws converts the 37 yard field goal.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-MISS35 (02:31) 26-10</p><p>

Jason Laws kicks 62 from Ole Miss 35 to Florida 3. Moses Rocha to Florida 26 for a 23 yard </p><p>

return.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA26 (02:11) 10-26</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-Man-B6</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs right end for 21 yards (ILB E. Hancock). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA47 (01:41) 10-26</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-SE-outs</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR C. Leonard (CB W. Baldwin). CB W. Baldwin broke </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 2-10-FLA47 (01:24) 10-26</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 10 yard dump off to RB S. Tobin (ILB G. Lindberg). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 1-10-MISS43 (01:03) 10-26</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-run-Man-B5,6-</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 10 yard dump off to RB S. Tobin (OOB).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 1-10-MISS33 (00:46) 10-26</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-SZ</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR P. Conklin (CB A. Mullins). CB A. Mullins broke </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 2-10-MISS33 (00:29) 10-26</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR J. Finch.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 3-10-MISS33 (00:14) 10-26</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-playact-curl</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 7 yard hook to TE J. Tinsley (SS T. Anderson, FS R. Smith). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q3, 4-3-MISS26 (00:00) 10-26</p><p>

James Mcdonald converts the 44 yard field goal.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA35 (15:00) 13-26</p><p>

James Mcdonald kicks 75 from Florida 35 to end zone, Touchback.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS20 (14:40) 26-13</p><p>

P. Colson has his 8 yard pass intercepted by W. Whitehead at the MISS 28. He returns it 16 </p><p>

yards to the Ole Miss 12. P. Colson made a bad pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS12 (14:09) 13-26</p><p>

False Start against OG Don Gunderson on Florida. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</p><p>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now First and Goal at the Ole Miss 7.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-15-MISS7 (14:09) 13-26</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-WR3-in-SE-out</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to RB S. Tobin.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-15-MISS7 (13:51) 13-26</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left guard for 0 yards (ILB G. Lindberg). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 3-15-MISS7 (13:21) 13-26</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-screen</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to RB S. Tobin.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 4-15-MISS7 (13:10) 13-26</p><p>

James Mcdonald converts the 25 yard field goal.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA35 (12:51) 16-26</p><p>

James Mcdonald kicks 55 from Florida 35 to Ole Miss 10. Tony Anderson to Ole Miss 35 for a </p><p>

25 yard return.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS35 (12:33) 26-16</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left end for -3 yards (OLB A. Tuttle).</p><p> </p><p>

Illegal Motion against TE Vernon Pritchett on Ole Miss. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</p><p>

The penalty will be declined.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 2-13-MISS32 (12:22) 26-16</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Double TE, Play: DTE-FL-rollout-str</p><p>

QB P. Colson completes a 40 yard streak to WR A. Schmidt (OOB). A. Schmidt made a great catch. </p><p>

OT J. Fitzpatrick earned a pancake on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA28 (12:08) 26-16</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Double TE, Play: DTE-HB-straight-RG</p><p>

Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-TMan</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs right tackle for 6 yards (SS M. Rocha). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 2-4-FLA22 (11:37) 26-16</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Double TE, Play: DTE-HB-counter-LG</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left tackle for 5 yards (OLB A. Tuttle). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA17 (11:21) 26-16</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left guard for 4 yards (ILB B. Peters). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 2-6-FLA13 (10:53) 26-16</p><p>

RB D. Oleary runs left guard for -1 yards (CB J. Manuel).</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 3-7-FLA14 (10:25) 26-16</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Double TE, Play: DTE-TE-fake-screen</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to TE M. Pittman.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 4-7-FLA14 (10:10) 26-16</p><p>

Jason Laws converts the 32 yard field goal.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS35 (09:50) 29-16</p><p>

Jason Laws kicks 66 from Ole Miss 35 to Florida -1. Patrick Conklin to Florida 34 for a 35 </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA34 (09:34) 16-29</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR P. Conklin.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-10-FLA34 (09:18) 16-29</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs runs outside for 3 yards (FS R. Smith). DE B. Johnson hurried the QB.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 3-7-FLA37 (08:58) 16-29</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR P. Conklin (CB A. Mullins). P. Fuchs made a bad </p><p>

pass. CB A. Mullins broke up the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 4-7-FLA37 (08:38) 16-29</p><p>

Rex Ferguson Punts 43 yards to the Ole Miss 20 yard line, where Robert Smith returns it to </p><p>

Ole Miss 28 for a 8 yard return.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS28 (08:20) 29-16</p><p>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Double TE, Play: DTE-HB-power-RE</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs right tackle for 2 yards (OOB).</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 2-8-MISS30 (08:10) 29-16</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Flexbone, Play: FL-FB-trap-RG</p><p>

FB W. Johnson runs right guard for 12 yards (ILB B. Peters). DE S. Duncan missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 2-8-MISS30 (08:10) 29-16</p><p>

DT Paul James (FLA) was injured on the play (OK). It doesn't look like he will return.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS42 (07:55) 29-16</p><p>

FB W. Johnson runs right guard for 0 yards (SS M. Rocha). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 2-10-MISS42 (07:28) 29-16</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Flexbone, Play: FL-RB-flats</p><p>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-DZ-B6</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to RB D. Bradshaw (CB S. Bogan). CB S. Bogan broke </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 3-10-MISS42 (07:09) 29-16</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR A. Schmidt.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 3-10-MISS42 (07:09) 29-16</p><p>

C Michael Starr (MISS) was injured on the play (Hamstring). It doesn't look like he will return.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 4-10-MISS42 (06:49) 29-16</p><p>

Charles Jones Punts 49 yards to the Florida 9 yard line, where it gets downed.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA9 (06:31) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-TE-rollout-SE-in</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 10 yard in to WR P. Conklin (CB W. Baldwin). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA19 (06:01) 16-29</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left end for 1 yard (ILB E. Hancock). OG D. Gunderson missed a block that </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-9-FLA20 (05:42) 16-29</p><p>

FB P. Gilliland runs left guard for 20 yards (CB L. Vernon, CB A. Mullins). OT R. Harris </p><p>

had a key block on the run. CB A. Allen missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-9-FLA20 (05:42) 16-29</p><p>

OT Matthew Howard (FLA) was injured on the play (Lower Leg). It doesn't look too serious and </p><p>

he should return.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA40 (05:27) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-HB-draw-C</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs right guard for 21 yards (CB A. Mullins, SS T. Anderson). OT M. Howard had </p><p>

a key block on the run.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS39 (04:59) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Weak, Play: WK-HB-straight-RG</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs right guard for -1 yards (DT R. Ladner). OT M. Howard missed a block that </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-11-MISS40 (04:31) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Long Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-FL-playact-in</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR P. Conklin. WR P. Conklin ran an incorrect route. </p><p>

DT K. Keeler hurried the QB.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 3-11-MISS40 (04:13) 16-29</p><p>

False Start against OG Don Gunderson on Florida. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</p><p>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now Third and 16 at the Ole Miss 45.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 3-16-MISS45 (04:13) 16-29</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR C. Leonard.</p><p> </p><p>

Holding against FS Robert Smith on Ole Miss. The Penalty is for 10 yards, and an automatic </p><p>

first down.</p><p>

The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Ole Miss 35.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS35 (04:00) 16-29</p><p>

RB S. Tobin runs left end for 1 yard (SS T. Anderson). </p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-9-MISS34 (03:45) 16-29</p><p>

RB J. Wade runs right end for -5 yards (ILB E. Hancock).</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 3-14-MISS39 (03:14) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-TE-rollout-SE-in</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR P. Conklin (CB A. Allen). DT R. Ladner hurried </p><p>

the QB. CB A. Allen broke up the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 4-14-MISS39 (02:57) 16-29</p><p>

James Mcdonald misses the 57 yard field goal. It will be Ole Miss ball at the MISS 39</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS39 (02:41) 29-16</p><p>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-run-Man-B5,7</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs left guard for 4 yards (OLB A. Tuttle). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 2-6-MISS43 (02:14) 29-16</p><p>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: I Form, Play: I-HB-power-RT</p><p>

RB J. Ennis runs right tackle for 2 yards (OLB A. Tuttle, OLB R. Carpenter). </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 3-4-MISS45 (01:42) 29-16</p><p>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to RB J. Ennis.</p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 4-4-MISS45 (01:51) 29-16</p><p>

Charles Jones Punts 54 yards to the Florida 1 yard line, where it gets downed.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA1 (01:36) 16-29</p><p>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Florida 1.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA1 (01:36) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Long Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-RB-cross-FB-str</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR P. Conklin. P. Fuchs made a bad pass. ILB E. Hancock </p><p>

hurried the QB.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-10-FLA1 (01:19) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-curls</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 12 yard hook to RB S. Tobin (OOB). C M. Williams earned a pancake </p><p>

on the play. ILB E. Hancock was out of position on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA13 (01:11) 16-29</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to TE J. Tinsley (FS R. Smith). FS R. Smith broke up </p><p>

the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-10-FLA13 (01:04) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Weak, Play: WK-SE-streaks</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 22 yard streak to WR P. Conklin (CB W. Baldwin). OT R. Harris earned </p><p>

a pancake on the play.</p><p> </p><p>

Holding against OG Don Gunderson on Florida. The Penalty is for 10 yards.</p><p>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now Second and 16 at the Florida 7.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-16-FLA7 (00:50) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Long Pass, Set: Weak, Play: WK-SE-curls</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR H. Serrano (CB W. Baldwin). CB W. Baldwin broke </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 3-16-FLA7 (00:43) 16-29</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs completes a 21 yard out to TE J. Tinsley (CB L. Vernon). He fumbles the ball </p><p>

after a hit by L. Vernon. It's recovered by P. Conklin of Florida. CB A. Mullins missed a tackle.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida Timeout!</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA28 (00:37) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Long Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-SE-ups</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR P. Conklin (CB L. Vernon). P. Fuchs made a bad </p><p>

pass. DT R. Ladner hurried the QB. CB L. Vernon broke up the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-10-FLA28 (00:29) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Long Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-SE-streaks</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR H. Serrano.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 3-10-FLA28 (00:23) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-slants</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR H. Serrano. WR H. Serrano dropped the pass.</p><p> </p><p>

Florida ball, Q4, 4-10-FLA28 (00:16) 16-29</p><p>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-SE-playact-corner</p><p>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR H. Serrano (CB L. Vernon). CB L. Vernon broke up the pass.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA28 (00:08) 29-16</p><p>

Jason Laws converts the 46 yard field goal.</p><p> </p><p>

Final Ole Miss 32 Florida 16</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p><strong><em>Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS27 (12:34) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-power-LG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-MZ</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB J. Ennis runs left guard for 3 yards (FS W. Whitehead). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS27 (12:34) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-power-LG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-MZ</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

OG Eric King (MISS) was injured on the play (OK). It doesn't look like he will return.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-7-MISS30 (12:18) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-pitch-LG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man-B6,10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB J. Ennis runs left tackle for 8 yards (FS W. Whitehead, SS M. Rocha). OG G. Shields had </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

a key block on the run.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS38 (11:51) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-pitch-LG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-DZ</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB J. Ennis runs left guard for 0 yards (FS W. Whitehead). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-10-MISS38 (11:22) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-RB-corner-WR4-str</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-MZ-B7,8</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR B. Allison (SS M. Rocha). DE D. Young hurried </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

the QB. SS M. Rocha broke up the pass.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 3-10-MISS38 (11:05) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-out-WR3-curl</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-TMan-R</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 6 yard hook to WR B. Allison (OLB A. Tuttle, SS M. Rocha). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 4-4-MISS44 (10:38) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-screen</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson runs outside for 4 yards (SS B. Smith, CB S. Bogan). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS48 (10:23) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-power-RE</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-MZ-B11</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB J. Ennis runs right tackle for 4 yards (SS B. Smith). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offsides against DT Paul James on Florida. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 5 at the Florida 47.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-5-FLA47 (10:09) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-power-RE</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB R. Miller runs right end for 3 yards (SS B. Smith). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-2-FLA44 (09:42) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-HB-straight-LG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B11</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB J. Ennis runs left tackle for 3 yards (CB J. Manuel). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA41 (09:12) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Wing T, Play: T-HB-power-RG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-Man</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB R. Miller runs right guard for 14 yards (SS B. Smith). OT J. Fitzpatrick had a key block </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

on the run.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA27 (08:39) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Wing T, Play: T-HB-power-RG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-TMan</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB R. Miller runs right tackle for 4 yards (SS M. Rocha). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-6-FLA23 (08:07) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-TE-boot-out</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-TMan</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 6 yard cross to TE V. Pritchett (SS M. Rocha). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA17 (07:43) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-TE-boot-out</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-MZ-B11</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 17 yard cross to TE V. Pritchett ****Touchdown!***** P. Colson with </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

the great pass. CB S. Bogan missed a tackle.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Now, I will look at three people in this part: RBs J. Ennis, R. Miller, and The QB</p><p> </p><p>

As you can see, I ran Ennis along the left side more often than not. Sometimes it says on the scouting card something like: “Oh, he will cut to the right side before he even realizes it.’ That’s when those things are good to know. The more I run that particular RB along the left side, the more yards I might get. The same with R. Miller along the right side. And as the game progresses the holes get bigger and bigger.</p><p> </p><p>

This has another benefit as the defense might get used to you running on one side and key off on it. Then all of a sudden you switch to the other side for big gain.</p><p>

<strong><em>Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-FLA41 (09:12) 0-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-Man</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB R. Miller runs right guard for 14 yards (SS B. Smith). OT J. Fitzpatrick had a key block </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

on the run.</em></strong></p><p>

That’s what happened here. I ran this particular back on the left side a few times, and then all of a sudden sent him right. The defense was not expecting it and got a big run.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Now let’s look at my pass calling on the first drive. I had 3 completed passes on that first drive, and two went to the tight end out of the goal-line play package. For some reason, their DBs could not match my TEs and so I used it. You use what is there; there is no prescribed formula on how many times you call a particular play. You use it until it gets stopped.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS1 (04:16) 7-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B11</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 19 yard out to TE M. Pittman (OOB). OG G. Shields earned a pancake </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

on the play. SS J. Sage missed a tackle.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS20 (04:05) 7-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-Man-B5</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 2 yard cross to TE V. Pritchett (OLB A. Tuttle). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-8-MISS22 (03:43) 7-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-run-SZ-B5</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 23 yard out to TE M. Pittman (SS B. Smith). OT J. Fitzpatrick earned </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

a pancake on the play. CB J. Manuel missed a tackle.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 1-10-MISS45 (03:22) 7-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-MZ</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to TE J. Harrison (CB J. Manuel). CB J. Manuel broke </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

up the pass.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q1, 2-10-MISS45 (03:06) 7-0</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 21 yard post to TE J. Harrison (ILB B. Peters). C M. Starr earned </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

a pancake on the play. CB S. Bogan missed a tackle.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Apparently the three TE set was unstoppable.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

You have to adjust your play calling for the time and situation, however. Now see this.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>Florida ball, Q3, 4-5-MISS38 (07:44) 10-23</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

James Mcdonald misses the 56 yard field goal. It will be Ole Miss ball at the MISS 38</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-MISS38 (07:26) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Goal Line, Play: GL-HB-power-RG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-Man-B8</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB R. Miller runs right guard for 0 yards (SS M. Rocha). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-10-MISS38 (06:57) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Spread, Play: SP-WR3-screen</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-MZ-B6</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 7 yard screen to WR B. Allison (SS B. Smith). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 3-3-MISS45 (06:34) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Spread, Play: SP-WR3-screen</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-DZ</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR B. Allison. DT J. Cowan hurried the QB.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 4-3-MISS45 (06:18) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Spread, Play: SP-FL-screen</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 20 yard screen to WR A. Schmidt (FS W. Whitehead, ILB B. Peters). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

A. Schmidt made a great catch. C R. Walters earned a pancake on the play.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA35 (05:57) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-Man-B5-L</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB R. Miller runs right tackle for 3 yards (SS B. Smith). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-7-FLA32 (05:26) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Wing T, Play: T-FB-power-RG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-run-Man-B5,7</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

FB W. Johnson runs right tackle for 4 yards (OLB R. Carpenter). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 3-3-FLA28 (04:55) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Inside Run, Set: Wing T, Play: T-FB-power-RG</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-MZ-B5,8</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

FB W. Johnson runs right guard for -1 yards (FS W. Whitehead). TE M. Pittman missed a block </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

that hurt the play.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offsides against OLB Arnold Tuttle on Florida. The Penalty is for 5 yards.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Florida 23.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA23 (04:45) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Wing T, Play: T-HB-toss-LE</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-MZ</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB R. Miller runs left tackle for 0 yards (OOB). TE M. Pittman missed a block that hurt the </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

play.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-10-FLA23 (04:28) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-FL-in-SE-post</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson completes a 4 yard in to WR A. Schmidt (OLB A. Tuttle). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Holding against C Raymond Walters on Ole Miss. The Penalty is for 10 yards.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

The Defense will accept the penalty. It is now Second and 20 at the Florida 33.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-20-FLA33 (04:14) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: SingleBack, Play: SB-SE-slants</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-ZoneBlitz</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR B. Allison. WR B. Allison ran an incorrect route.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Holding against CB Wayne Logan on Florida. The Penalty is for 10 yards, and an automatic first </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

down.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Florida 23.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 1-10-FLA23 (04:02) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Outside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-counter-RT</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB R. Miller runs right end for 2 yards (ILB B. Peters). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 2-8-FLA21 (03:32) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

RB D. Oleary runs left tackle for 2 yards (FS W. Whitehead, DE R. Dobbs). </em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 3-6-FLA19 (03:04) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-WR3-ins</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Stop Run, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-run-MZ-B8</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Colson throws an incomplete pass to WR C. Ware.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Ole Miss ball, Q3, 4-6-FLA19 (02:49) 23-10</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Jason Laws converts the 37 yard field goal.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Now, as you can see, Florida is down by 2 scores with 1.5 quarters left to play, so they need to get some points. Me, on the other hand, would be perfectly fine just running out the clock and staying at 23-10. So look at what I do. I run 7 running plays. I use those to take time off of the clock (you can also wait a few seconds in between play calls as that will simulate time ticking down). It doesn’t matter to me if I get a 2 yard gain or a 10 yard gain because I need to bleed time. The less time left in the game for Florida, the more desperate their play calling will get. I use screen plays as well, when I need to convert or when I want to keep the defense honest. But you might say, Oh, well, he only ended up with an FG. But look at the times. It was 7:44 left when I began and 2:49 left when I FGed. I bled down 5 precious minutes that Florida needed, as well as adding a few points and that was what counted the most.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>Ole Miss ball, Q4, 1-10-MISS35 (09:50) 29-16</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Jason Laws kicks 66 from Ole Miss 35 to Florida -1. Patrick Conklin to Florida 34 for a 35 </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

yard return.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-FLA34 (09:34) 16-29</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-FL-outs</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B11</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR P. Conklin.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Florida ball, Q4, 2-10-FLA34 (09:18) 16-29</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-SE-corner-FL-curl</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Fuchs runs outside for 3 yards (FS R. Smith). DE B. Johnson hurried the QB.</em></strong></p><p><strong><em> </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Florida ball, Q4, 3-7-FLA37 (08:58) 16-29</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-SE-up-WR3-out</em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

QB P. Fuchs throws an incomplete pass to WR P. Conklin (CB A. Mullins). P. Fuchs made a bad </em></strong></p><p><strong><em>

pass. CB A. Mullins broke up the pass.</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Now there is just over 9 minutes left in the 4th. I am up by 2 scores still with an effective run and screen game. Florida needs points quick and fast. Quick and fast involves throwing the ball. And what do they do on that possession? They throw 3 straight incompletions and give it right back to me.</p><p> </p><p>

Now look at my play calling. I’m in Dime normal. My primary goal is to defend the pass. Who cares if they get a 10 yard run because in doing so they just lost 30 seconds. My primary goal is to stop pass completions because that is the ONLY WAY they will score quick and fast, so I get in dime because it will get me the most DBs on the field.. Normal set packages aren’t as bad as you think. I tend to not use the actual ‘pass’ packages in times like this because they tend to get you in zone and a particular receiver may not be a favorable matchup in zone. I also tend not to blitz much because I don’t want to give up a short screen that could go for 30 yards or something. I usually either blitz the SS (B11, as you see here) or the single LB (B5) <strong> </strong><strong>[b=blitz and the number of the player, 11 being the strong safety and 5 being the LB).[/b]</strong><strong> So, this way, Florida has to complete passes, and they are throwing it into the teeth of the best I have to offer. If I was out there with a 4-3 or a 3-4 they might be able to exploit my safeties but with 6 DBs on the field it becomes harder. And eventually they didn’t get anything and I got another FG and game over.</strong></p>

• 4 months later...
there are no particular skill ratings. However, coverage and speed are two important things if one is going man to man, so, as a general rule of thumb, I would say, if your CBs are fast with good coverage skills then it is safe to do man, because in man to man coverage, you have to stick close to the man you are covering, so if you are as fast as that receiver and if you can cover well(coverage rating) then you should be successful

• 2 weeks later...