The Heidenreich Challenge

Can't find the rules to The Heidenreich Challenge but I definitely remember that one.

We need more challenges and things to spice up the game IMO. Even if it were per promotion. Having more interactive owners and characters in future additions could aid this, but for now we as a community should get creative. Sort of like how people have done with OOTP, and EHM in the past.

What is the challenge? I remember seeing it on the board, but cannot remember the focus of it

I thought this might be a bit of fun.

Create a wrestler, and set the following stats to 100%:

Microphone

Charisma

Acting

Looks

Superstar Quality

Athleticism

Toughness

Stamina

Intensity

Stiffness

Resilience

Menace

Leave the rest at 0% (including all the Popularity stats. Leave his physical condition stats at 100%). Make him 18 (born in 1987 if you're using the default start date of December 2005. I'd suggest December 1987).

So now you have basically a super-entertaining athlete, with no wrestling training at all.

Now for the challenge: Using any promotion you like (I'd suggest SWF or TCW though, for reasons that are about to become obvious) the challenge is to get this sack of **** over. Get him so over, that your Ideal Roster feature tells you to put him in the main event (when you're a Global or International company. No using MAW ¬_¬), and legitimately make him your World Champion (or equivalent thereof).

There are two restrictions though:

- You must actually push him as a wrestler (no using him as a manager right until his title win!)

- No editing once the game starts, obviously. If he gets injured/stolen, tough. Wait until he comes back/you're able to re-steal him.

Oh, and obviously you could use a real-life update or other mod for this too. It doesn't HAVE to be Cornellverse.

Post your progress in here, but try to avoid spamming the crap out of it One post every few game-months or even years would be fine. It might even make a cool dynasty idea actually... *muses*.

See who can get him there first or whatever. I'll be having a shot at it too of course!

Couldn't quote the actual post for some reason but there is the initial post from the challenge thread created many moons ago by D-Lyrium. Maybe worth putting it into the OP in case anyone else wants to give this ago.

The Heidenreich Challenge is pretty pointless IMO.

You can easily do it without ever wrestling a single match or wrestling very few matches at least.

Which is not in the spirit of the challenge. The idea is that he has to wrestle and get over despite his dreadful lack of ring talent.

Oh and to be completely honest, I never understood Heidenreich being the namesake of this challenge. I never saw where the gulf between his entertainment skills and his ring skills was as wide as being the figurehead of this challenge would suggest. If Heidenreich were that exciting a personality it seems like he'd still be in WWE. If we had a C-Verse style landscape in reality, I would never have envisioned Heidenreich as being anything better than an XDW man in either ring skill or entertainment value.

The Heidenreich Challenge is pretty pointless IMO.

You can easily do it without ever wrestling a single match or wrestling very few matches at least.

You could always alter the rules a make it like RTG where you have to have an A* rated match in a National Promotion.

or maybe change it 80% levels in those stats.

I created a Heidenreih Challenge user character for the CV97 mod that is already out... His skills are toned back from the original 100s in physical and entertainment, mostly into the B and B+ range but he's still very good and will likely grow into those more given the improvements to the TEW engine over the years. Combine it with an RtG goal of having an A* rated match instead of just pushing to a main eventer and you've got an awesome challenge ahead, especially without the RtG end of year rolls that can be so very helpful. :)

Which is not in the spirit of the challenge. The idea is that he has to wrestle and get over despite his dreadful lack of ring talent.

Oh and to be completely honest, I never understood Heidenreich being the namesake of this challenge. I never saw where the gulf between his entertainment skills and his ring skills was as wide as being the figurehead of this challenge would suggest. If Heidenreich were that exciting a personality it seems like he'd still be in WWE. If we had a C-Verse style landscape in reality, I would never have envisioned Heidenreich as being anything better than an XDW man in either ring skill or entertainment value.

IIRC it had something to do with a real world data mod.

Archived