[Thunderverse] Joseph Kyle's Road To Glory

Oliver Kent (Team Melody) vs Starblazer (Team Nancy)

Blue Phoenix (Team Vallerie) vs Jay Marshall (Team Jezebelle)

Eric Morgan (Team Nancy) vs Harris Carter (Team Jezebelle)

The Chain Gang (Team Melody) vs Pieces of the Puzzle (Team Jezebelle)

Joseph Kyle and Lincoln Nash (Team Vallerie) vs Nancy's Boys (Team Nancy)

Gold Phoenix (Team Vallerie) vs TJ Sway (Team Melody)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WU! Youth Will Have Its Say June 2014

Oliver Kent: Shut up about the Midnight Mystery! HE WILL NOT RETURN!

Harris Carter: Nothing against Jay Marshall, but I'll be glad to get back to solo action this week. Jez, if you want to take some time with your boy backstage when I'm wrestling, that's fine by me.

Jezebelle: Me, finish bottom and lose my manager's license? That's UNPOSSIBLE!

Starblazer: He has neither the size of the Lages'atea, nor the extra arms which make the Trisakto so fearsome, but Eric Morgan showed heart, and I am honoured to have fought beside him.

Clubber Moss: That Joseph Kyle may think he's a big b***er, but 'e ain't faced a Scouse la yet. I'm gonna knock 'is 'ead off.

Nancy: It looks like Team Vallerie have this one won. That's fine. They can take the belts in July; we'll be waiting for them down the road.

Joseph Kyle: KYLE... WILL... KRUSH!

Vallerie: We have practically won with two weeks to spare. There is no-one in this federation who can even touch my men! Los Phoenix and Joseph Kyle are simply tres superior.

TJ Sway: Whoa... did I get dropped on my head a lot the other week?

WU! Youth Gone Wild Sunday June Week 4 2014

By our standards, this isn’t a bad match at all. It’s spotty, sure, but there’s some good moves here, notably a tope suicida from Sway, and a great hurricanrana from Phoenix to counter a powerbomb attempt. In the end, though, it’s a simple strike which gets the job done, Sway sidestepping as Phoenix charges at him, and connecting with a swift palm strike which turns him inside out.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, TJ Sway defeated Gold Phoenix in 7:10 by pinfall with a Palm Strike. E+

This is a showcase for yours truly. Lincoln doesn’t even get to set foot in the ring, as I toss Prince around like a rag doll before letting him tag in Moss so I can show off my power against the only guy close to my size in the company. After a few minutes of this, Prince tags in and tries his luck again, but is caught quickly in my awesome bearhug.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Joseph Kyle and Lincoln Nash defeated Nancy's Boys in 7:44 when Joseph Kyle defeated Kelly Prince by submission with a Kyle Krush. E+

Post-match, Vallerie grabs a microphone and talks for several minutes about my brilliance and how the Big Gold Belt is my destiny, while Nash stands in the background looking unimpressed. C-

You’d expect this to be fairly good fun, with four guys who are willing to do crazy stuff, but Aron is off his game and it really drags it down, as he’s out of place for several spots. His Aron Bomb senton puts the crowd out of their misery.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, The Chain Gang defeated Pieces Of The Puzzle in 6:38 when Aron Chains defeated Puzzle by pinfall with an Aron Bomb. F+

These two just don’t click at all, and it’s a lousy contest, although not quite as bad as the previous one. Notable for featuring the first foreign object to be used in WU! as a frustrated Morgan takes advantage of Nancy distracting the referee to slip his hand into his trunks and pull out some brass knuckles to KO his opponent. Post-match, he leaps around celebrating, as Nancy smiles approvingly but the crowd boo.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Eric Morgan defeated Harris Carter in 4:35 by pinfall with a brass knuckle shot. E-

Los Phoenix are pretty much saving the card for us here. This is a decent contest with Marshall showing power but Blue constantly diving in for quick attacks to the knee, and eventually managing to spin behind Jezebelle’s man and roll him up as JJM can’t quite lift him for a powerbomb.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Blue Phoenix defeated Jay J Marshall in 8:44 by pinfall with a quick roll up. E

To the crowd’s… um… complete lack of interest, Kent comes out wearing a new mask. The Midnight Mystery is still gone; apparently we now have The Midnight Menace. He’s still a lousy wrestler, he still draws “YOU SUCK” chants after five minutes. Starblazer’s Neutron Star Driver finishes it after an excruciating 692 seconds which feels like 692 hours.

In an extremely poor match, Starblazer defeated Oliver Kent in 11:32 by pinfall with a Neutron Star Driver. E-

E overall, but we made $392 profit. The money is rolling in!

League Standings

Team Vallerie 62

Team Nancy 35

Team Melody 30

Team Jezebelle 22

Prediction Standings

Know Your Enemy 21/30, 5/6, 70%

Michigan Hero 17/30, 2/6, 57%

TheEnforcer 16/24, 4/6, 67%

jhd1 16/24, 3/6, 67%

MJ Stark 13/18, -/-, 72%

Midnightnick 13/30, 1/6, 43%

(Side note: That’s the first time I’ve ever seen predictions where EVERYBODY got exactly one more correct than the guy before them. Weird!)

WU! Youth Gone Wild July 2014

In our main event, Oliver Kent takes on Harris Carter. The number of questions here are countless! Is Kent going to wrestle as himself, The Midnight Mystery, or The Midnight Menace? Has Carter recovered from being on the receiving end of Eric Morgan’s brass knuckles? Can Team Jezebelle pull back an eight point deficit to avoid finishing last? Will the crowd fall asleep? Who does Olly have compromising photos of to keep getting booked last despite 90% of our fans hating him?

After losing in our first match, Starblazer has gone on a tear, winning four in a row. He’ll take on one of the only two men with a perfect record, Lincoln Nash. Will Vallerie’s celebrations at winning the league be capped by one of her men going 6/6?

Tag team action sees our two most experienced teams collide, with Los Phoenix, who won one and lost one in solo action last month, take on The Chain Gang, who defeated Pieces of the Puzzle.

The other man with a perfect record in WU!, Nash’s sometime tag partner Joseph Kyle, goes head to head with Jay J Marshall. Marshall has got very close to his new manager Jezebelle, but she’s facing losing her managerial license unless her team can pull something out of the bag here, needing at least two wins and for other results to go their way.

Eric Morgan surprised everyone last time out - firstly by using a foreign object, and secondly by finally pulling out a win. Can he build on that against TJ Sway?

And in the opener, established pairing Pieces of the Puzzle go against newer partnership Nancy’s Boys!

Prediction Key

Nancy’s Boys (Team Nancy) vs Pieces of the Puzzle (Team Jezebelle)

Eric Morgan (Team Nancy) vs TJ Sway (Team Melody)

Jay J Marshall (Team Jezebelle) vs Joseph Kyle (Team Vallerie)

The Chain Gang (Team Melody) vs Los Phoenix (Team Vallerie)

Lincoln Nash (Team Vallerie) vs Starblazer (Team Nancy)

Harris Carter (Team Jezebelle) vs Oliver Kent (Team Melody)

Six month round-up - Jan - Jun 2014

ATD and TWR rise to Small, GNW rise to Regional, ECXW and GAW go to war.

AWF

Mountain Albert wins the AWF US title from Bryce Christiansen, Klaxon and Joe Havanna take the vacated AWF Tag titles.

Best match – Jean-Claude Giroux over Vincent I Parker at Shockwave, June. Best PPV Match – Dolla over Hawk at Chaos Reigns Supreme.

CWT

No title changes.

Best match, Roscoe Carmine over The Ghost Rider on CWT Championship Wrestling in May.

Best PPV match, Cloud James over The Ghost Rider at New Year's Wrestle-lution.

DRAGON Pro

Blood TIGER beats Evan Kuja for Golden Dragon belt.

Best match: No-contest between YCB13 and Ice Fall in May on DRAGON Wrestling From Above.

Best on PPV – Jung Dragon over London Noland at Revenge of the DRAGON.

They lose their TV show in June.

PWI

Ranjin Vidur takes TV title from Anderson Peters after 23 defences.

Best match: Sebastian Curtis over Anderson Peters at Night of Purpose.

Todd Wayne founds touring company American Puro Society in May, with The Midnight Rider as booker. Richie Santana Jr is immediately installed as their first champion, defeating Scott Seal on the debut show. The roster also includes The Midnight Rider, Laredo Street, Confederate Superstar, Robin Money and Pierre Lejesne.

Big signings

Chad Zuma, South African star, goes from the indies to CWT.

Peter Iaukea drops the Kay Pasa gimmick and is also picked up by CWT.

Relationships

Jarid Hart ends his family feud with James Gilmour-Hart.

Harmony Nolan starts dating Jean-Claude Giroux.

Shahira starts dating El Hijo De Rompecorazones.

Injuries and Incidents

KISS sustains ankle tendonitis, keeping him out for a year.

Jess Gilmore-Hart fractures her fibula, keeping her out for six months.

Bill Hickock damages his retina, keeping him out for six months.

HoI News

Dama Estrella inducted in April.

WU! Youth Will Have Its Say June 2014

Jezebelle: I! AM! EXCITE! And, to be honest, a little nervous. But my guys will show we deserve to be here!

Jay J Marshall: I got this, babe. Don't worry.

Melody: I came here to have fun and win matches. At least I've been having fun.

Nancy: My team of disappointments are starting to find their way back to the top. This time around, we'll see some results.

Eric Morgan: Who cares how I did it? I won a singles match!

Starblazer: The Izrathi would not be impressed by Morgan's lack of honour. I am most disappointed in my stable mate.

Aron Chains: BOMBS AWAY!

Lincoln Nash: I got nothing against you, Starblazer, but I'm gonna send a message to anyone who thinks that I don't have a chance of walking out of July's show with that title.

Vallerie: Why would I care who loses when we've already won? I just hope their replacement brings wrestlers who are more of a challenge. Also, boys, remember to try and impress. We need a pairing for Los Phoenix to beat for the tag titles before Joseph wins the Big Gold Belt.

Clubber Moss: I don't think they got the guts to pick Nancy's Boys to challenge them, like. Prove me wrong, la!

Chauna: I heard the new manager coming in has a BIG surprise...

WU! Youth Goes Wild July 2014

Clubber Moss drags this one down, never really getting into a rhythm with either opponent, and it's lousy when he's in there. When Prince tags in, it gets better, although barely. A few nice double teams from the Pieces get them the win and give Jezebelle a little hope.

In an extremely poor match, Pieces Of The Puzzle defeated Nancy's Boys in 7:02 when Missing Piece defeated Kelly Prince by pinfall with a Picture Perfect. E

There's an actual crowd reaction for Morgan. Not MUCH of one; just a few chants of "You're a cheat." But since the only other guy who draws many reactions tends to be Oliver Kent when he gets greeted with "Boring", we'll take it. Morgan wrestles this one cleanly, despite the crowd's disdain, but falls victim to Sway's Way.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, TJ Sway defeated Eric Morgan in 5:55 by pinfall with a Sway's Way. E-

Backstage, Vallerie takes great delight in boasting about how our dominance will be complete next month when I win the Big Gold Belt. Or Nash does, she adds, as an afterthought. C-

We know how my matches go, right? I spend five minutes tossing Marshall around like a rag doll, occasionally breaking off to taunt Jezebelle. The big bear hug finishes it. It's not one of my finer outings; Marshall seems to be having a bad day at the office.

In an extremely short match, Joseph Kyle defeated Jay J Marshall in 5:11 by submission with a Kyle Krush. E+

Well, it makes my match look good. The four men jump around a bit, occasionally landing a move, more often missing it. Blue gets the win over Aron.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Los Phoenix defeated The Chain Gang in 7:45 when Blue Phoenix defeated Aron Chains by pinfall with a De Las Cenizas. E

As Starblazer walks down for his match with Lincoln Nash, I blindside him, ramming his shoulder into the ringpost several times and then powerbombing him on the ringside mat as Nash watches on in bemusement. D

Nash looks uneasy at my attack, and actually tries to give Starblazer some time to recover before getting things going, but Vallerie screams at the referee to ring the bell and he does so. Starblazer puts up a fight, but the beatdown has clearly affected him, and he falls to the Gangsta Chaos quickly.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Lincoln Nash defeated Starblazer in 6:14 by pinfall with a Gangsta Chaos. E+

Harris Carter (Team Jezebelle) vs The Midnight Menace (Team Melody)

Our fans somehow get through this one without a 'boring' chant. Not sure whether that's a sign they're impressed by the Menace as a character, or just that the previous bout lowered their expectations so much that this doesn't seem AS bad as Kent's matches normally are. Carter is in control, working over the neck before hitting the Orange Crush Bomb for the win.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Harris Carter defeated The Midnight Menace in 9:12 by pinfall with an Orange Crush Bomb. E-

Post-match, Chauna gets up, much to the surprise of co-host Tony Moore, and rolls into the ring, mic in hand. Smirking at Jezebelle, who looks totally stunned that despite Harris winning here, her team are still bottom of the standings, she speaks.

“So, looks like it’s bye bye Jezzy, and hello to the newest manager in WU! – yours truly. I can’t wait to introduce you all to my team, but as a taster, can you please put your hands together and welcome the captain of Team Chauna, the future Big Gold Champion – whoever wins, Lincoln and Joseph, you’re keeping the belt warm, basically - the man they call…

LEATI!”

[The crowd looks over to the entrance ramp, where a massive Polynesian man has appeared from behind the curtains. Smiling at Chauna, he salutes her before making the internationally recognised symbol for "I want the belt".] C-

E+ overall. On the plus side, we make $329 profit.

League Standings

Team Vallerie 77

Team Nancy 35

Team Melody 35

Team Jezebelle 32

Prediction Standings

Know Your Enemy 24/36, 3/6, 67%

TheEnforcer 21/30, 5/6, 70%

Michigan Hero 20/36, 3/6, 55%

jhd1 20/30, 4/6, 70%

Midnightnick 16/36, 3/6, 44%

MJ Stark 13/18, -/-, 72%

WU! Youth Goes Wild August 2014

Our main event sees two undefeated streaks collide, with the Big Gold Belt at stake, as Team Vallerie go head to head! That's Joseph Kyle vs Lincoln Nash, for your viewing pleasure!

Los Phoenix get the chance to win the Medium Silver titles against a weird pairing, as Vallerie Gagne's hand-picked opponents are Eric Morgan, who's won just two of six matches so far, and Harris Carter, the man Morgan got his only solo victory against, after popping him with brass knuckles.

Aron Chains goes against Clubber Moss, as tag team wrestlers collide one on one.

TJ Sway had a good win last time out, while Kelly Prince is more used to tag action recently. Can the laid-back surfer pull this one out?

Chauna has been revealed as the newest manager in town, and she's offered three of Jezebelle's team the chance to save their WU! careers! Jay J Marshall will collide with Missing Piece and Puzzle in a triple-threat match.

And in the opener, Starblazer goes against Dale Chains.

Predictions Key

Big Gold Belt: Joseph Kyle (Team Vallerie) vs Lincoln Nash (Team Vallerie)

Medium Silver Titles: Los Phoenix (Team Vallerie) vs Harris Carter (unaligned, given special permission to compete in this match) and Eric Morgan (Team Nancy)

Aron Chains (Team Melody) vs Clubber Moss (Team Nancy)

Kelly Prince (Team Nancy) vs TJ Sway (Team Melody)

Jay J Marshall vs Missing Piece vs Puzzle (Winner gets a place on Team Chauna)

Dale Chains (Team Melody) vs Starblazer (Team Nancy)

Medium Silver Titles: Los Phoenix (Team Vallerie) vsHarris Carter (unaligned, given special permission to compete in this match) and Eric Morgan (Team Nancy)

Medium Silver Titles: Los Phoenix (Team Vallerie) vs Harris Carter (unaligned, given special permission to compete in this match) and Eric Morgan (Team Nancy)

WU! Youth Will Have Its Say August 2014

Nancy: I said we'd get the belts soon. Might be sooner than I thought. Vallerie, I know you've picked Eric Morgan because you think it'll be an easy win - but he might surprise us. I mean you.

Harris Carter: So the guy popped me in the jaw with brass knuckles. Does it bother me? Hey, at least he likes winning. In Japan, there is a culture of honour amongst wrestlers. But we're not in Japan, after all. I'm happy to do whatever it takes to get those belts.

Eric Morgan: You want to make a joke outta me, Vallerie? You want to pick two guys because you think they're an easy win? I'm going to wipe that smirk off your face.

Lincoln Nash: Even my own manager doesn't seem to think I can win this. Maybe when I've got the belt around my waist, things will be different.

Jezebelle: WHAT HAPPENED?

Chauna: You know, when they picked five managers and said someone would have to wait until July to come in, no-one could understand why I was happy to be the odd one out. But I've had six months to scout people. Six months to see their weaknesses. Of course, having the most dominant man in the company in my corner won't hurt either. Oh, and I think you guys made him MAD.

Leati: I’ve heard people talking about me. I’ve read what they’re saying about me. They call me a savage. A thug. I particularly liked the person, if that’s not too generous, who tweeted WU! asking if I ate brains.

You look at a big, strong, Samoan, and you see someone unlike you. You seek to define me as a thug, a savage, a cannibal. Maybe I shouldn’t blame you. For years, anyone from Polynesia who’s made it into wrestling has been forced to portray themselves this way.

But you see, I’m none of these things. I graduated top of my class, studying literature at England’s Oxford University. I’ve made more through smart investments over the last few years than many of you will earn in your entire lives. And yet because of the way I look, you jumped to conclusions after seeing me just once.

[He takes a deep breath.]

Fine. If you want savagery, I’ll give you savagery. If you want violence, I will bring you violence. If you expect destruction, I will live down to your expectations. But when the bloodied bodies of the stars of Wrestling Unlimited! lie in my wake, battered, broken, beaten...

Remember. You MADE me a Headhunter.

Sorry for delay, was going to write up yesterday but got distracted by Thunderverse Platinum!

WU! Youth Goes Wild August 2014

Things get off to a bad start as Clubber Moss gets into an altercation with a fan pre-show, calling him a fat [bLEEP]. I fine him 25% of his wages, much to his disgust - he claims I'm making a big deal out of nothing.

This is a decent enough spotfest for an opener, with Dale starting off well and hitting a couple of big moves, nearly getting a three-count after a somersault senton bomb, but The Galactic One recovering to take control, hitting his NovaPlex for the win.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Starblazer defeated Dale Chains in 8:05 by pinfall with a NovaPlex. E

Piece and Puzzle team up to try and save at least one of their careers here, but Marshall is just too good, ducking a kick attempt from Puzzle to allow him to catch his partner in the face, then hitting a massive belly to belly suplex which sees Puzzle hit the mat and bounce out of the ring, allowing Jay to go up top and come off with the Gunmetal Splash for the victory and the place on Team Chauna.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Jay J Marshall defeated Missing Piece and Puzzle in 6:43 when Jay J Marshall defeated Missing Piece by pinfall with a Gunmetal Splash. E-

Post match, after Jay leaves, the luchadors are consoling each other in the ring when Chauna calls out and Leati storms to the squared circle. Pieces of the Puzzle try to escape, but he grabs the pair and rams their heads together then hits a huge double choke slam, before dragging them to ringside and powerbombing each of them through a table. He calls for the mic, as the fans boo loudly.

"Remember, I'm just doing what you expect me to do."

D-

Fairly decent contest, with both guys coming close to pinfalls, and Prince nearly getting a submission with a Boston crab at one point. However, Sway ducks a clothesline attempt and spins around to hit a picture perfect Palm Strike for the victory.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, TJ Sway defeated Kelly Prince in 7:30 by pinfall with a Palm Strike. E

Moss gets totally destroyed here as Aron goes through all of his best moves (actually, pretty much ALL of his moves) in 260 seconds, finishing off with the Aron Bomb. Hey, if you're going to wind up our fans, you need to be MUCH more talented than Clubber is.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Aron Chains defeated Clubber Moss in 4:20 by pinfall with an Aron Bomb. E-

As you'd expect, Phoenix have the advantage here, with much more team work and a manager who's quick to distract the referee, while Nancy hasn't even turned up for this bout. However it's this distraction which eventually backfires - Morgan, on the outside, reaches into his tights for the trusty brass knuckles and pops Gold Phoenix in the skull with them, allowing Carter to roll him up for the titles. Vallerie can't believe it but the fans are delighted to see her team get their come-uppance here.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Harris Carter and Eric Morgan defeated Los Phoenix in 7:26 when Harris Carter defeated Gold Phoenix by pinfall with a fast roll up. Harris Carter and Eric Morgan win the WU Medium Silver Titles. E+

Before the title bout, me, Vallerie and Lincoln stand in the ring telling the fans what an amazing team we are. Vallerie claims that we'll keep the Big Gold Belt for a long, long time, hugging me as she does so. D

For the first time since I got here, I actually sell some moves, allowing Nash to get a brief comeback after I dominate the first few minutes. It can't last, though. (Hey, what's the point of booking if you're not going to make yourself look good?) I come back to hit some devastating power moves, most notably a massive powerslam followed by a huge belly to back suplex. When I lock on the Kyle Krush, though, he won't quit, and I end up throwing him down and going up top to come off with a moonsault I've been working on for six months, the Kyle Krash. That's all she wrote. This is never as good as I hoped it'd be - we seem to be struggling with each other's timing - but it's fairly clearly the best WU! match yet.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Joseph Kyle defeated Lincoln Nash in 9:16 by pinfall with a Kyle Krash. Joseph Kyle wins the Big Gold Belt. D-

Post-match, I celebrate with Vallerie, as she tells the fans that no-one can beat me. C

D- overall, we make $213 profit.

Prediction Standings

Know Your Enemy 27/42, 3/6, 64%

TheEnforcer 25/36, 4/6, 69%

jhd1 24/36, 4/6, 67%

Michigan Hero 23/42, 3/6, 55%

Midnightnick 20/42, 4/6, 48%

MJ Stark 13/18, -/-, 72%

WU! Youth Gone Wild September 2014

TJ Sway made the highlight reels of WU! for all the wrong reasons, taking a huge bump against Joseph Kyle at one of our first events. Can he get revenge - and Kyle's new Big Gold Belt?

Jay J Marshall saved his career with a triple-threat victory against both members of Pieces of the Puzzle. Can he continue his good fortune with a win against Starblazer?

There's a new team in town - joining Leati and Jay J Marshall in Team Chauna are The Sharp Shooters, Edouard DuBois and Seung Zhi. Will they be successful in their debut, against Los Phoenix?

Eric Morgan and Harris Carter pulled off an unlikely shock victory to take the Medium Silver Titles. Can they defend against 15-time CWF champions The Chain Gang?

Leati says that it's the taunts of the fans which made him a Headhunter. Will the same brutality that we saw in his destruction of Pieces of the Puzzle be evident in his official in-ring debut against Oliver Kent, or whatever he's calling himself these days?

Lincoln Nash failed to take the Big Gold Belt in the title clash with team mate Joseph Kyle - but he'll be aiming to come back with a win over Kelly Prince.

Prediction Key:

Kelly Prince vs Lincoln Nash

Leati vs Oliver Kent

Medium Silver Titles: Eric Morgan and Harris Carter vs The Chain Gang

Los Phoenix vs The Sharp Shooters

Jay J Marshall vs Starblazer

Big Gold Belt: Joseph Kyle vs TJ Sway

Archived