Sean O'Haire has passed

alphadraighon

This was awful news for me too. O'Haire was my favorite of the Power Plant guys. He had the size and devilish look that impresses the appearance minded. He had moves no one else did. He had the personality to do those devil's advocate. You could make the case to borrow Lex Luger's nickname that O'Haire was the real total package. Shame he ended up a nearly man. Dude could have been a legend. Oh well. Rest in peace Sean O'Haire.

I was just talking about him the other day after going back and re-watching Cena/Brock I at Backlash, where O'Haire wrestled Rikishi. If he hadn't picked up some bad habits, he could've been right there with the Batistas and Randy Orton of that era. He needed somebody to train him to stop throwing martial arts kicks randomly and to wrestle a slightly hossier style, but he had the look and the build of a main eventer, no question. Then they stuck him with Piper because he couldn't work a live mic, then demoted him when Piper fell out with the company. Meanwhile Brock was trained by the best trainers, and given the best manager in the world as a mouthpiece for his first year in the company, and became a huge star. Just a huge missed opportunity all around.

UPDATE x 3: TMZ.com reports that O'Haire was found in his bedroom, beside his bed, with a rope tied around his neck and connected to the bedpost. We exclusively reported last night that O'Haire had been very depressed as of late and had been battling substance abuse issues.

UPDATE x 2: WWE issued the following statement:

WWE extends its condolences to Sean Christopher Haire’s family, friends and fans on his passing. Haire performed under the name “Sean O’Haire,” and was under contract with WWE from 2001-2004.

UPDATE: As noted earlier, Sean O'Haire has passed away. Earlier tonight, we spoke to someone who was very close to Sean and he says O'Haire had been suffering from depression and substance abuse issues in recent years. Of course, we don't want to speculate at this time and will wait until the autopsy results are in. The close friend says an autopsy is scheduled for today or tomorrow but the results likely won't be back for several weeks.

O'Haire was just forty-three years old. An obituary for O'Haire notes that he was found in his Spartanburg, South Carolina home on Monday.

:( Damn..

Agreed. Sad news. I really liked him in his old tag team in the WCW and his work on his own. His promos were good but i heard he had trouble with them when they were live. I always thought he could have been a really good upper midcarder and would have done some good things.

Just, damn. :(

An awesome O'Haire story courtesy of Adam Pearce:

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/adam-pearce-shares-great-story-162329734.html

I was coming here to post that same story.

When O'Haire and Jindrak debuted on Nitro I said to my brother "Well these guys are going to be stars." Jindrak went onto mediocre fame down in Mexico, but I think if they had been given the same treatment Brock did(as Lazorbeak said), they would have been up there.

Archived