Global Force Wrestling: A New Take On World Championship Wrestling

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/Globalforcewrestlling.jpg

I'm an insomniac, any one who knows me knows that I tend to be awake way too late and up way too early for any normal humans. Then again, I am not by definition normal. You see just a few years ago, fresh out of college, I sold a digital dog collar, literally a dog leash controlled via your phone, that I had created to some Silicon Valley geeks and cashed out. By 25 I was bored of the traditional path and jumped all over the country trying to find a passion. During that time I'd worked in professional sports, I'd worked in Hollywood (that one sucked), and I'd lived by the beach. All of things things were fun, but none of them filled my desire to keep traveling and doing new things. Then one night, well morning technically, I decided I'd look up some old wrestling shows on YouTube. I used to be a huge fan as a child in the 1990s, specifically of WCW. I've always known it was scripted, but I still vividly remember hating Jeff Jarrett, hating Scott Steiner and that stupid siren. I remember loving the lower-card guys like Alex Wright, La Parka and Prince Iaukea. Hell I used to pretend I was those guys. I punched in 6-21-1999 WCW Thunder and watched the episode, I was hooked again.

Over the next few weeks I poured through all the shows I could find from WCW in the late 1990's and early 2000's. I watched the first year or so of TNA. I watched MLW, ROH, and even a bit of WWE. This was fun, this was entertaining, this was a passion I could get behind.

I started googling some of these guys and where they were now, 15 years later. Not surprisingly they all had different stories. Sadly, some of my favorites had passed away. Not surprisingly, others had left the business entirely. But the one that hooked me again, were these odd promos from Jeff Jarrett, promising to revolutionize pro wrestling again.

I made a couple calls that morning, and spent the week reaching out to various sources before I managed to get a hold of Jeff Jarrett. For all the marks out there, back in May of 2014, when you were hearing about secret investors and big money guys joining Jarrett's new promotion, that was me. Well technically, it was Toby Keith and I. You see Toby Keith and Jeff are close friends, Toby's manager and I became acquainted in early 2013 when I was working in Hollywood. And well the rest is history.

Toby and I agreed to bankroll the start-up for Jeff. Thusly allowing him to entirely focus on the product. In exchange for the capital, Jeff and Scott D'Amore, promised to work the phone lines relentlessly and find partners for this venture. Toby and I agreed to use our contacts in both the entertainment and sports industries to find the best home for this product. Sure this was wrestling, but it was so much more than that. This was an attempt to showcase the best wrestling in the world. For that we needed the best wrestlers and the best partners.

Within the first month we had finalized alliances with AAA in Mexico and NJPW in Japan. Not only that but we had agreed to partnerships with several smaller federations from around the globe. This federations will all be showcased on Global Force Wrestling. In fact, thanks to our alliance with NJPW and AAA, you will be able to see content from them live on the web as we build up to our anticipated January 2015 debut.

We also began building a roster for that debut, as the calendar rolls into October, we have 34 men committed to the project. Not all will make it to the screen when we begin airing, but I can promise you this we have a loaded roster filled with former champions from WCW, ECW, ROH, TNA, and the WWE. We have a former world champion from each as well. If the fans want wrestling, the fans will get wrestling. The fans will get stories, but most of all they will get pure, unadulterated wrestling.

I think I've found my passion, I just hope you enjoy the ride.

--------------------------------------------------------

Couple quick notes: This diary will take several different shapes, primarily it will be told from the narrators perspective. I will likely not be running contests or tracking predictions (though they are always welcomed). There may be big write-ups of certain events and smaller ones for the others.

I am going to try and incorporate some unique storytelling throughout here but as you all know, sometimes that just fails.

I am also going to add graphics and images, but they won't be fancy. I want this to be a fun and easy follow that doesn't take days to read and doesn't take hours to write. After all this is fiction and this is for the fun of it.

Up next I will talk a bit about the roster and the future of the GFW.

Enjoy!

Initial Roster Reveal and Television Announcement

I mentioned earlier that I had some connections to Silicon Valley. One of the events I've been involved with over the years was TechCrunch's Disrupt, I've been a mentor and a speaker for some of the teams, many of whom are much smarter than I am. Through this event I know some influential people at YouTube. After reaching a couple continuous roadblocks in an effort to find a television partner for the beginning of 2015, I decided to make a call. A few hours and a Skype phonecall with Jeff, Toby, the YouTube guys and myself, we decided that Global Force Wrestling would be one of the first shows to air on YouTube exclusively. In an effort to compete with Netflix, Hulu and the likes, YouTube has recently decided to invest in added some shows to their own content library. We've agreed to do a six month trial run, starting earlier than we anticipated (September 2014), and see how it goes. In exchange, Toby has agreed to produce three exclusive live concerts for YouTube and we've paid for the bulk of the production costs while agreeing to give the majority of the advertising revenue to YouTube. While it is not ideal, it gives us immediate global coverage. For that we are incredible thankful.

http://www.chriseveringham.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/YouTube-Logo-210x210.jpg

We still don't plan to run our first PPV until December or January, so this will allow us time to run as many as 16 shows and build up the brand recognition before we launch to paid consumers.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of that launch, let's now take a look at the roster we have and what we are working with here.

AJ Styles: The Phenomenal One left TNA early in 2014 and has been hopping the globe since then. He hold one title at the moment, the House of Hardcore International title, but is considered a Main Eventer in every promotion he is a part of. We expect him to be one of the star attractions in GFW.

Andy Douglas/Chase Stevens (The Naturals): Along with Chase Stevens, is one half of the 3 time NWA Tag Team champions as the Naturals. Douglas and Stevens aren't a huge name, but they have some value for our tag team division.

Arik Cannon: Cannon is a fringe player. I don't know much about him, but Jeff and Scott liked the videos they saw of his work. He is currently on the edge of the roster and may not make it. But for now, he is in.

Caprice Coleman: Great wrestler who will be a nice piece of our Cruiserweight division. We've loved his work on the indies this year and expect our fans to love him.

Carlos Colon, Jr.: The former Carlito Caribbean Cool has held a bunch of titles, including the WWC Heavyweight title 10 times and a variety of WWE titles. The fans know and love him and his connections to Puerto Rico will help us there.

Chasyn Rance: A guy that Jeff remembered from his dark matches in TNA. Rance is incredibly small (5'6" 150 pounds) and may not make the final roster cut for GFW, but we are going to give him a shot to at least define a role and maybe he will stick.

Chris Harris: The Wildcat, Chris Harris is one of Jeff's favorite workers from the early days of TNA. He hasn't exactly been on a role since his ill-fated trip to the WWE and Jeff feels like he has the intangibles to make another run at it with GFW. There are currently discussions going on in the office about rebranding him and giving him an entirely new persona. We will see if that happens.

Chris Hero: The indy darling, the young knockout kid, Chris Hero is definitely known by the marks, and lets face the facts, if we are being broadcast on YouTube, it is going to be the marks who will find us. Hero is not in the best of shape, but he can work it in the ring and we think he will be WWE's loss.

Chris Sabin: A former X-Divison, Tag, and TNA World Champion, Sabin comes to us after a late April departure from TNA. Jeff and Chris go way back and Jeff believes that Chris has what it takes to carry the company no matter which role he is used in.

Christopher Daniels/Frankie Kazarian (Bad Influence): Another early 2014 TNA exile, Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian are two more examples of guys that Jeff loved in TNA and wants to keep on the map in GFW. They may work as both a tag team and singles workers, and we know that they together make for a great show.

Doug Williams: The british submission machine, Doug Williams comes to GFW with a passion for wrestling and growing the trade in the UK. Doug will wrestle for us and also is our business connection in the UK/Europe and he will be bringing in various stars from the UK throughout the year. We look forward to what he has up his sleeves.

Elijah Burke: The Black Pope, Burke has seen top-level runs in both TNA and the WWE, but after a short layoff he is looking to get back on top of his game. He has been one of the best wrestlers on the Indy circuit in 2014 and we expect him to bring a ton of charisma and wrestling skills to the GFW.

Hallowicked: With halloween around the corner I suggested to Jeff and Scott that maybe we bring in some characters with that theme. I seem to recall Damien 666 and La Parka and Halloween in WCW and for some reason I liked them. In the end we went with Hallowicked because we think he is a great cruiserweight and will really help that division long-term. He's a bit of a risk, and we may end up releasing him after October.

Homicide: The former ROH World Champion and a multiple time champ in TNA, Homicide has a ton of value in the ring and on the internet. We think he will be a very nice addition to an already loaded title picture.

Jay Bradley: "Lonesome" Jay Bradley brings with him an old school approach to wrestling and we think he's a got a shot to be a nice piece in the midcard for us.

Jeff Jarrett: Goes without saying, the bossman. Will be our lead writer and a main event star. He assures me he'll be fair and balanced.

Jim Ross: Our announcer, the WWE Hall of Famer who was castaway in 2013, took some time off, but ultimately was convinced by his good friend Toby Keith to join GFW. We are really looking forward to him calling the shots for us.

Jimmy Yang: A personal favorite of mine and a guy who appeared in WCW, WWE and TNA. He was even a flying Elvis! He is a valuable cruiserweight piece for us.

John Hennigan: "Hollywood Hennigan" the self-proclaimed next age rock-star and teen idol, John Hennigan brings with him both name and face recognition. He was a star in the WWE and has recently been acting in b-list movies in Hollywood.

Johnny Swinger: Another personal favorite of mine. No clue why, or if he fits the long-term vision of the brand. He's agreed to come in and help us get going, he may ultimately transition into a Road Agent for us.

Josh Daniels: I've got nothing. Likely early roster casualty. Jobber to the stars.

Kenny Omega: A former opener in ROH has found some success on smaller Japanese promotions. He contacted us interested in joining us and seeing if it can help his career.

Unkindness (Raven, Kevin Fertig and Sinn Bodhii): Raven's always been a personal favorite of mine, he is reforming his trademark groups (The Flock, The Gathering, Serotonin) with Kevin Fertig and Sinn Bodhii, both of whom may be renamed. The group is currently going to be called Unkindness. For those wondering, Unkindness is the technical name for a group of Ravens, therefore it is the groups name. We may change this to Constable or Conspiracy (also names for a group of Raven's).

Matt Morgan: Chronically underused big man. Brings some huge size to GFW. With the right package could be a star for us. Has also requested to do some Colour Commentary.

Mike Mondo: Currently looking into a repacking. We are currently leaning towards going with "The Alchemist" David Holmes for him, but that may or may not happen.

Nick McNeil: WWE's Percy Watson, he's currently working with Jeff, Scott and Road Agent, Shane Douglas, on creating a new character for himself. We know he'll be a face and we know he will likely be playing a South Beach Party Boy.

Rene Dupree: One of the youngest guys on the roster...yeah, he's been a pro since he was a teenager. Rene Dupree has been over in Japan for the last few years and we wanted to bring him back stateside. We think his cockiness and wrestling skills will translate well over here.

Rhino: The Man Beast, currently we are thinking of pairing him a manager, but that will probably not happen. Could be used as a hired gun.

Scott Steiner: Big Poppa Pump is your hookup, HOLLA IF YOU HEAR ME. The WCW reunion continues with the Genetic Freak. He's aging, 52, but we are hoping he can boost our credibility for a bit and then transition into a managers role.

Shane Douglas: The Franchise is one of our two road agents (D'Amore is the other) but he may see some ring-time.

Shane Helms: Helms reached the pinnacle of the midcard as the Hurricane, but what convinced me we wanted him was rewatching the awful gimmick he had in WCW as a member of 3 Count.

Sonjay Dutt: An X-Division star who never claimed gold, has had some indy success of late capturing a Tag Title in Family Wrestling Entertainment.

Ted Dibiase Jr.: Criminally misused. We have some ideas, but we will see if they stick. Should be a fun ride nonetheless.

So that's a full preview of the roster. No surprises, no need to hide from the Smarks, they'll find out anyhow.

Looking forward to seeing what Jeff, Scott, and Shane come up with for the first show.

Here is what I can promise, we will have at least three titles, a World Title, a Cruiserweight Title and a Tag Team title. Part of me is leaning towards not crowning a champion until the PPV, but I don't think that'll work.

Once I get a peek of the card for the first episode of Global Force Wrestling on YouTube, I'll pass it along.

First Show Preview

Sitting in the auditorium I wondered aloud, would anyone show up? Would the fans appreciate the show? Would this even be a popular show. We all had huddled days before the actual show to make sure the stage was set for our debut. We set-up the cameras, the ring, and even the entrance way. While it wasn't too garish it was pretty cool.

The ring was wrapped with neon green ropes, black turnbuckles adorned with the GFW logo covered all 12 turnbuckles. The ring was wrapped in a generic skirt with both the GFW and YouTube logos on it. The ramp was a basic black ramp with the letters GFW running along the sides, out of view of the cameras, but in plain sight of the audience.

At the top of the ramp was the stage, 50 feet by 30 feet in size, it would take up a fair amount of room. On top of the stage was a screen, elevated 8 feet of the ground and standing 20 feet tall and running almost the length of the stage, this screen was bigger than we anticipated, but we knew we didn't want people think this was a fly by night operation. The screen was wired into the production set and would display the wrestlers entrance videos and songs. For the first few months, all of these videos would be pretty generic, after all we didn't really have any footage of the guys in action for us yet.

We took this image from AAA, but this is in general what the stage will look like. Hope you get the picture.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/eyY4cjWFJSQ/hqdefault.jpg

The announce table was off-set to the right of the stage rather than right next to the ring. We wanted to bring the feeling of classic wrestling back and we thought this was a good way to do it. Toby made a couple calls and managed to get his tour production group to be our roadies for the first month or so. As such they would be handling the set-up and teardown and we got a killer deal on the product. Thanks Toby!

All of that looked great, but we still had some concerns before Wednesday night hit. First and foremost we needed to finalize the card.

After the dust had settled we decided the show would feature five matches live on YouTube and two that would be screened for the pre-show audience.

We ultimately also decided on a couple of name changes and character changes.

First and foremost, Nick McNeil, the former Percy Watson, became Benjamin Adams "The Miami Beach Party Starter". His gimmick would essentially be that of an annoying club promoter with non-stop energy and always dealing on the hottest parties.

Mike Mondo officially became "The Alchemist" David Holmes. This character is a darker character obsessed with the world of magic and elemental things. It won't be over the top, but I do expect we may see some magic out of him.

Lastly, Raven's two followers, Sinn Bodhi and Kevin Fertig have officially been renamed Bodhi and Dante.

Now that we have that out of the way, let's discuss the card.

All in all we have five matches that you'll be able to see live on YouTube.

Tag Action: Bad Influence vs. The Naturals

Singles: Chris Hero vs. Rene Dupree

Singles: Benjamin Adams vs. Scott Steiner

Singles: John Hennigan vs. Carlos Colon Jr.

Main Event: Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles

Jeff Jarrett will address the crowd, and Toby Keith will perform live. Other than that, I'll keep the rest a secret. Mainly because, well, it's a secret to me. Until the workers get here Tuesday evening and work it all out, we aren't sure what we are going to get.

-----------------

Should be up tonight. Thanks everyone for the support, should be fun!

Tag Action: Bad Influence vs. The Naturals

For the record, Bad Influence is of course Daniels & Kazarian's TNA name, they call themselves The Addiction now. They're a very good tag team, perfect for your start-up.

Singles: Chris Hero vs. Rene Dupree

Singles: Benjamin Adams vs. Scott Steiner

Singles: John Hennigan vs. Carlos Colon Jr.

Two great signings. I think both should have been bigger stars in the WWE than they were. Hopefully you utilize them properly.

Main Event: Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles

Wednesday, Week 1, September 2014

Live on YouTube and at the Hartman Arena in Park City, KS.

The last 48 hours have been a blur, much like a couple weekends I had as a college student only minus the blinding hangover. Only this time I've been pacing nervously all throughout the arena, pounding waters and emergen-c in an effort to get over the stressed induced cold I seemed to be running. Fans began pouring into the arena over 90 minutes early. Middle america knew that Toby Keith was signing autographs and shaking hands. So were some of the bigger names, guys like AJ Styles, John Hennigan and Scott Steiner. The two dark-matches went off without a hitch, and then Toby took the stage for a quick 15-minute set.

As he left the stage, David the producer for the show signaled that we were going live in 5...4...3...2...1,

Immediately the show began with a curtain of golden fireworks streaming down from the top of the screen.

<a href="

Jarrett Theme</a>

Jeff Jarrett makes his way through the fireworks, carrying a microphone and wearing a suit a tie. He immediately is greeted by a huge applause. Jarrett though, ever the master manipulator, immediately turns them against him telling them the GFW is about him, about accomplishing a dream. And while this is for the fans of wrestling, he did this for him and no one will get in his way...

<a href="

AJ Styles Theme </a>

AJ Styles makes his way onto the stage and immediately questions Jarrett's motives. He points out that he left the other guys and never joined the big guys because of people like Jarrett. Jarrett and he go face to face when...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxiCBB4YCrQ"> Carlos Colon Jr. Theme </a>

Colon comes out to the stage rocking the huge afro he is known for and carrying a contract with him. Colon makes mention of his home promotion WWC of Puerto Rico and says he has with him the contract Jarrett wanted him to bring, but the only way he will let his father's company join the alliance with Global Force is if he gets something cool... Like a title shot.

Jarrett calls this ransom, but he loves the hustle. He tells Carlos to hand him the contract and he'll look it over. Carlos refuses and starts to walk off the stage when all of a sudden...

<a href="

John Hennigan Theme </a>

Hennigan forces Colon back onto the stage. Jarrett, Styles and Colon stand as the Teen Idol, Rockstar and Hollywood Star, John Hennigan basks in the crowd noise. He starts off right away addressing Jarrett. He says he knows that there is a going to be a World Champion title tournament starting next week. And not only that, he wants a chance to knock the rust off by facing a multiple time "world" champion. Styles and Jarrett both fit this bill, but Jarrett immediately redirects the conversation. Tonight John Hennigan will face 13 time Universal Heavyweight Champion, from WWC, Carlos Colon Jr... Jarrett then looks at Styles and says, my show, my rules, my main event. You vs. Me.

The crowd goes wild as we get a first shot of the announce table. Jim Ross sits next to Matt Morgan and the two of them begin discussing the company and the huge main event...

As they talk they are interrupted by...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoE_BxGYMDg"> The Naturals Theme </a>

Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas, The Naturals head down the ramp for our first match. The fans may recognize The Naturals but the buzz is down a bit. That is until two men step onto the stage, with a theme.

Jim Ross quickly points out that it's Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian.

Daniels and Kazarian immediately talk about being a Bad Influence on the youth of America, but now that this is Global, they are now every man's daughters favorite new Addiction. With that Matt Morgan chimes in that he's heard Kazarian and Daniels will be called The Addiction from here on out.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Christopher_Daniels_zps5fc38706.jpghttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Frankie_Kazarian_zpsb77036c8.jpgVShttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Andy_Douglas_zpsff0d8064.jpghttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Chase_Stevens_zps8aa46671.jpg

Match 1: The Addiction (Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels) Defeated The Naturals (Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas)

The crowd was still hot from the beginning of the show and that carried through into this match. The Addiction got the win when Frankie Kazarian hit the Flux Capacitor on Chase Stevens.

Backstage:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Raven3_zpsa6e5674f.jpg

We go backstage to a dimly lit room where Raven is sitting. Raven cuts a scathing promo about how he is always forgotten. He mentions he is a two time ECW World Champion, a four time ECW Tag Champion, he's been the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, he's been a WCW Tag Champion and US Champion. He's been around so long he was even a Cruiserweight champion. Most of all, he is the true King of Hardcore, he was a 26-time Hardcore Champion. But he gets no love. What About ME, WHAT ABOUT RAVEN. Global Force Wrestling, prepare for the Unkindness... Quoth the Raven, Nevermore.

Back in the ring Rene Dupree has made his entrance, he calls himself a French Hero, and a true worldwide star. Chris Hero storms out to the stage taking exception to Dupree calling himself a hero. Hero says there is only one true Hero here and it's the Young Knock Out King Himself.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Chris_Hero_zpsc752dabf.jpg VS. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/ReneDupree_zps9468d5d4.jpg

Match 2: Chris Hero defeated Rene Dupree via Deathblow.

Hero and Dupree went toe to toe and had a great match. Hero gets the win with a huge Deathblow, knocking Dupree out.

Back from commercials, the arena lighting begins to pulsate, rotating colors...

<a href="

"The South Beach Party Boy" Benjamin Adams</a>

Adams heads down to the ring. He is rocking huge headphones, with just a bowtie and overalls covering his upper torso. He stops outside the ring and tries to get the fans going. He grabs the microphone and introduces himself. He tells the fans that He Is The South Beach Party Boy and that Kansas is severely lacking in parties, so he is here to start one...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGFU64lPIy8"> Scott Steiner</a>

Steiner strolls down to the ring. He tells Adams that the party started in his room last night and it won't stop until he's silenced this absurdity.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/ScottSteiner2_zps6783301c.jpg VS. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Nick_McNeil_zps63fcda4c.jpg

Match 3: Scott Steiner defeated Benjamin Adams.

This was easily the worst match of the night. Steiner is out of shape and really struggled with even this relatively short match. Despite this, he managed to put away Adams with the Steiner Screwdriver.

After the match Steiner grabs the microphone again and calls out Jeff Jarrett. He said that people have been telling him to quit for ten years now, but there is no sense in quitting when your still the best. He promises Jarrett that the fans want to see him as the champion and he is looking forward to entering and dominating the World Title Tournament.

With that we've reached the final 30 minutes of the show. John Hennigan and Carlos Colon Jr. both make their respective entrances. Colon is rocking a knee length neon green tights, they match the ring ropes, which is pretty cool... but not quite as cool as Hennigan who is rocking a massive fur quote, with huge designer sunglasses. Hennigan stops on his way down to the ring to sign some autographs for his adoring fans.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/John_Hennigan_zps3508333d.jpg VS. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Carlos_Colon_Jr_zpsa5251786.jpg

Match 4: John Hennigan defeated Carlos Colon Jr.

Overall this match was a bit of a disappointment. Hennigan and Colon couldn't really get on the same page. Colon thought he had Hennigan down but the Parkour Superstar wiggled his way out of the Backstabber and nailed a massive Superkick for the win.

Backstage we see AJ Styles getting ready for the main event.

<a href="

AJ Styles Theme </a>

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/AJStyles5_zpsc7c0acfe.jpg

vs.

<a href="

Jarrett Theme</a>

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Jeff_Jarrett3_zpsb6daf107.jpg

Main Event: AJ Styles defeated Jeff Jarrett

This match-up was the match of the night. Styles and Jarrett both worked the crowd and slowly worked their way to a great finish. Styles hit the Pele Kick and tried to hit the Styles Clash, but Jarrett wriggled out and rolled up Styles for a 1-2-....Styles rolled out and locked in the Calf Killer, Jarrett couldn't escape and was forced to tap in the middle of the ring.

Styles wins and as he gets up a hooded figure jumps the barrier and absolutely destroys him

"GORE GORE GORE"

The shows goes black as the man pulls his hood off to reveal Rhino.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Rhyno_zps719915f3.jpg

16-Man World Championship Tournament Begins Next Week

The headline of the GFWProwrestling page read: Jarrett Announces World Title Tournament. The story itself outlined the sixteen participants who would be competing over the next month or so.

The sixteen competitors announced for the tournament were as follows:

1) AJ Styles

2) Benjamin Adams

3) Carlos Colon, Jr.

4) Chris Hero

5) Chris Sabin

6) Elijah Burke

7) Homicide

8) Jay Bradley

9) Jeff Jarrett

10) John Hennigan

11) Raven

12) Rene Dupree

13) Rhino

14) Scott Steiner

15) Sonjay Dutt

16) Ted DiBiase, Jr.

I myself was really excited to see how it went. I had a couple favorites in there, but as the article pointed out. 14 of the 16 competitors had held a major title in some of the largest wrestling organizations in the world. Only Jay Bradley and Benjamin Adams hadn't held a major title, but Bradley had been a the Heavyweight champion in two different groups and wrestling all over the globe and Adams had played in the NFL, meaning all 16 athletes were recognizable and were stars in their own rights.

The fans reaction to the first show was great. YouTube was thrilled with the live audience as well. All told after the first week, we had done over 2.4 Million views. not knowing what to expect, we optimistically set a target at 1.5 Million, and we blew that away. The live attendance was also a sellout, selling a little over 4,500 seats. Now the local radio stations helped, but all told, true wrestling fans showed up and seemed to enjoy the show.

I was back on the road this week, but I stayed in touch with the crew, and got a quick look at how the next show was shaping up.

World Title Tournament 1st Round: Sonjay Dutt vs. Ted DiBiase Jr.

Tag Action: The Naturals vs. The Unkindness (Bodhi and Dante)

World Title Tournament 1st Round: Rene Dupree vs. Scott Steiner

World Title Tournament 1st Round: AJ Styles vs. Rhino

World Title Tournament 1st Round: Chris Hero vs. Jeff Jarrett

I enjoyed that first show and I like the direction you're going in.

September Week 2

Wednesday, Week 2, September 2014

Live on YouTube and at the Sioux City Event Center in Sioux City, Iowa.

I was still on the road, I'd be back with the crew next week, but for now I had some previous commitments tying me up. That said it gave me a chance to hop onto my computer and watch the stream, just like the fans. So with that...

Much like last week the show began with a curtain of golden fireworks streaming down from the top of the screen.

<a href="

Jeff Jarrett</a> makes his way through the fireworks, carrying a microphone and dressed in ring gear this week. He is wearing his GFW t-shirt, cut-off and draped over his shoulders. He starts off talking about how angry was at the finish to the match last week. This is his company and no owner, founder and future World Champion should ever lose their debut match. So tonight, he promises to avenge his loss to...

<a href="

AJ Styles</a> makes his way onto the stage immediately taking a microphone and demanding that tonight he face Rhino, one on one in the first round of the tournament. Jeff begins to hesitate but AJ immediately reminds him, you tapped out Jeff, you have no say... book the match. Jeff reluctantly agrees as the fans chant "You Tapped Out". AJ looks satisfied and plays to the crowd, but Jarrett wasn't done, he tells the fans that tonight there will be four first round tournament matches, starting next with Ted DiBiase, Jr. taking on Sonjay Dutt.

<a href="

Sonjay Dutt </a> makes his way out to a decent, but not overwhelming pop. Dutt is dressed in long gold tights with sanskrit text along the sides.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=448BDhGQhx8"> Ted DiBiase, Jr. </a> heads down to ring, all business, he is wearing black ring trunks with two gold dollar signs on each side.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll17/PAULIELEXX/Sonjay_Dutt7.jpg vs. http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/ruben_origami/Wrestling/KYKY%20Background/T%20Images/Ted%20DiBiase/TedDiBiase001KYKYBackground.jpg

Match 1: Ted DiBiase, Jr. Defeated Sonjay Dutt with the Dream Street to advance in the World Title Tournament

DiBiase controlled much of the match. Dutt managed to take control for a short-time, but was ultimately flattened by the Dream Street for the 1-2-3.

Backstage: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Raven3_zpsa6e5674f.jpg

We see Raven sitting in a dimly lit room, he is flanked by two men previously unknown. He goes on about how he has always been forgotten, always been disrespected and always been the last one picked. But no matter where he goes he attracts followers. The Unkindness is here, and they are going to rule to roost. Quoth the Raven... Nevermore.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoE_BxGYMDg"> The Naturals </a>, Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas, head down the ramp for our second contest. They are hoping to avenge last weeks loss to The Addiction.

<a href="

The Unkindness </a>, Raven and his two disciples (Bodhi and Dante) make there way down to the ring, we still aren't sure who exactly is participating in this match. And Raven doesn't help to clarify as he slumps down into the corner and just sits there. His two partners, who Jim Ross identifies as Bodhi and Dante, stand in the ring. The bell rings and no one moves. The Naturals take a run at the two disciples and the match starts. Raven doesn't move from the corner, rather he just stays put and lets the match happen around him.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Kizarny2_zps3d462e9c.jpghttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/fertigzw0_zpsd48e71e9.jpgVShttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Andy_Douglas_zpsff0d8064.jpghttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Chase_Stevens_zps8aa46671.jpg

Match 2: The Unkindness (Bodhi and Dante) Defeated The Naturals (Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas) via Crucifix Powerbomb

The crowd was not into this match at all. Raven's antics of sitting in the corner were humorous, but really limited the match to three corner. In the end, Dante hit a huge Crucifix Powerbomb on Andy Douglas for the win.

After the match, Raven gets up and immediately delivers an Evenflow DDT to the lifeless Andy Douglas. Chase Stevens tries to put-up a fight but it is a 3-1 battle, until...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Elijah_Burke_zps8e7061aa.jpg

Elijah Burke sprints down to the ring and clears the ring of The Unkindness. Burke helps The Naturals to their feet. JR points out that he has been told, next week, Burke will face Raven in the World Title Tournament.

Back from break Rene Dupree has made his entrance and is in the ring for his first round title tournament match-up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGFU64lPIy8"> Scott Steiner</a> makes his way down next, flexing and posing the whole way down.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/ScottSteiner2_zps6783301c.jpg VS. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/ReneDupree_zps9468d5d4.jpg

Match 3: Scott Steiner defeated Rene Dupree via Steiner Recliner to advance in the World Title Tournament.

This match started with a pose-down, which got the fans onto Steiner's side. From there it went into an old-fashioned test of strength, which Dupree cheated to take advantage of. These under-handed tactics ticked Steiner off and he immediately beat down Dupree, locking him in the Steiner Recliner for the win.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Homicide3_zpsf96c5f62.jpghttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Carlos_Colon_Jr_zpsa5251786.jpg

Backstage we see Carlos Colon, Jr. talking on the phone to some back home. Homicide walks in, Colon hangs the phone up and immediately gets in Homicide's face. He calls out Homicide for being a wannabe Boricua. Tells him that if he were an authentic Boricua like himself he would have been born in Puerto Rico, he would be proud to wrestle in the homeland, not afraid. He says Homicide has been invited to come to Puerto Rico and wrestle for the Colon family, but each time he makes excuses and misses it. The two of them get face to face and we cut back to the announcers who tell us that next week these two men will go one on one in the World Title Tournament.

<a href="

AJ Styles</a> makes his way out to the ring with a microphone in hand. He thanks the fans for welcoming him to GFW with open arms, and he says he is going to win the Title Tournament for the fans. He then calls out his opponent for the first round, the man who blindsided him last week, Rhino.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HzmivxH7FA">Rhino</a> strides out to the ring looking like a man on a mission. He is wearing his typical singlet with the R on the chest.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/AJStyles5_zpsc7c0acfe.jpg VS. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Rhyno_zps719915f3.jpg

Match 4: AJ Styles defeated Rhino via Calf Killer to advance in the World Title Tournament

This was easily the match of the night, Rhino and AJ Styles clicked and the performance showed. The fans were really entertained by a series of chain wrestling and then big time power moves by Rhino. At one point Rhino went for a big powerbomb, only to have AJ power out and nail a huge <a href="http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii51/kay_RVD/aj87.gif">Pele Kick</a>. This just served to tick Rhino off and he mounted a big come back. AJ suckered him in though and as he went for the GORE, AJ sidestepped him, hit him with a drop-toe-hold and locked in the Calf Killer, forcing Rhino to submit.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Chris_Hero_zpsc752dabf.jpg VShttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Jeff_Jarrett3_zpsb6daf107.jpg

Main Event: Jeff Jarrett defeated Chris Hero with the Stroke to advance in the World Title Tournament

<a href="

Chris Hero</a> That young knockout kid makes his way down, rocking an older "CH" blue shirt and long loose black pleather ring gear with HERO down the sides. Before he can get to the ring, Jeff Jarrett blindsides him and starts the match.

Jarrett attacking Hero before the bell further established the owner of GFW as a heel in all senses of the word. The fans got behind the underdog Hero and he managed to hit several of his signature moves throughout the match. Jarrett's ring savvy and experience wound up winning this one and he wore Hero down and eventually hit the Stroke on Hero to both win the match and move on in the tournament. The show went off the air with Jarrett standing proudly on the turnbuckles, savoring his first win in GFW.

I sat there as the show ended, wanting more. Both of the show and from the product. It was a good, yet awkward feeling. But at least it gave me some material to talk about the next morning when I had to give a quick presentation to a University class full of dreamers like myself. I would be reconvening with the guys on Sunday afternoon and will be sure to post the card for week three once I get a look at it. I know for certain we have four more first round World Title Tournament matches including the two booked tonight (Raven vs. Burke and Colon vs. Homicide) but I suspect there will be one or two more matches added during our meeting.

--------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the predictions and support, I've really enjoyed writing this and am enjoying booking the shows, which is a good combination. I'll try to think of something creative to do for the prediction stuff once we get a little further along.

I've been tinkering with the formatting and the live links and such, hope you guys enjoy it. I know personally I really enjoy images, so I figured adding themes and even little gifs, like the Pele Kick (I think I saw/stole the idea from michgcs) would help the immersion factor.

September Week 3 Preview

Jaysin-- You are completely right, I was wondering if it was the brightness on my screen or just too damn bright. I'll adjust it. Thanks for the feedback...

Sunday rolled around and I had rejoined the team in our small mobile office. I knew I wasn't truly "needed" but they were happy to have me, and I was able to give them some good feedback on what I saw while watching the show on the road. The product is good, but not great yet. There are some guys standing out, AJ Styles for one, and others really struggling, Scott Steiner. We don't really have a backstage interview person, so that will likely need to change as it is really awkward having to do the interviews on the stage or have Matt Morgan walk backstage. Speaking of Morgan, I'm told he will still be a wrestler, but that'll come later on. He approached us about being the Colour Commentator and so far it hasn't been a bad fit. He is still getting his wits about him, but hey, he's broadcast 3 hours worth of wrestling so far.

As for this week, the first round of the World Title Tournament rolls on:

Round 1: Benjamin Adams vs. Chris Sabin

Round 1: Elijah Burke vs. Raven

Round 1: Jay Bradley vs. John Hennigan

Singles : Chris Hero vs. Rhino

Round 1: Carlos Colon, Jr. vs. Homicide

My first concern with this show was the lack of "names" no Jeff Jarrett, no AJ Styles, no Scott Steiner, No Ted DiBiase, but these concerns were quickly quelled when I was told all four of them would be making appearances at the show, just not on the card to actually wrestle. Furthermore, I learned The Addiction would be in action on the pre-show, meaning all of our top stars would be there after all.

This looks really good so far man, I like it alot! (That green writing though)! "/ Apart from that, I'm enjoying reading and especially like Raven's flock, and that Raven sat in the corner and let the match happen around him! :D

If I was doing a GFW diary, my roster wouldn't be too dissimilar! Elijah Burke and Ted Dibiase are two names who could certainly be big stars here (despite me using them as a jobber tag team in my WWE Diary). I do like them both alot! Then there's reliable guys like Carlito, Rhino, Chris Hero, AJ Styles... and the tag teams... it's a nice mix. So well done on that :)

Week 3, September

Wednesday, Week 3, September 2014

Live on YouTube and at the United Wireless Arena in Dodge City, KS.

Back on the yellow brick road, and back in the Kansas area for the third week of Global Force Wrestling! Tonight's show I personally expected this show to be a little weaker than our earlier shows, but it builds us up nicely for the fourth show and eventually the crowning of our first World Champion. We still are discussing PPV plans, but for now we are focused on tonight. I'll touch on PPV a bit later.

My thoughts drifted back to the show and as the preshow match featuring The Addiction wrapped up I knew it was go time.

This weeks episode started with a party in the arena...

<a href="

Benjamin Adams</a> makes his way out to the ring he's got glowsticks and bottle of Cristal with him tonight. He tosses the glowsticks into the crowd and rests the Cristal in a bucket set ringside on ice.

<a href="

Chris Sabin</a> heads to the ring to a big pop. Jim Ross reminds the audience that Sabin was a World Champion as recently as a year ago. Matt Morgan comments that Sabin might be his darkhorse pick for the tournament.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Nick_McNeil_zps63fcda4c.jpgVShttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Chris_Sabin_zps6b8d9664.jpg

Match 1: Chris Sabin Defeated Benjamin Adams via Cradleshock to advance in the World Title Tournament

Sabin was in control for much of the match, Adams attempted to use his bottle of Cristal to blind Sabin but he spent too much time trying to pop the cork and Sabin hit a huge over the top rope plancha taking Adams to the ground. He rolled him back into the ring and hit the <a href="http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/xXBIGxJEFFXx/Wrestling/CradleShock.gif"> Cradleshock</a> for the win.

Backstage:

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/ruben_origami/Wrestling/KYKY%20Background/T%20Images/Ted%20DiBiase/TedDiBiase001KYKYBackground.jpghttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/ScottSteiner2_zps6783301c.jpg

Steiner and DiBiase are seen in the gym. Steiner finishes his set and walks up to Ted, telling him see you next week punk.

JR reminds us that next week Scott Steiner will face Ted DiBiase, Jr in the Quarter-Finals of the World Title Tournament

We return to the ring where Jay Bradley awaits his opponent for his first round World Title Tournament match. JR and Morgan run down Bradley's career and try to hype him up as much as they can. Morgan mentions that he has respect for guys like Bradley who've always had to grind for opportunities.

<a href="

John Hennigan </a> heads out to the ring flanked by a crowd of screaming fans. He pauses and signs a couple autographs happily and then gives his sunglasses to a young boy at ringside.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Jay_Bradley2_zps73707ccd.jpgVShttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/John_Hennigan_zps3508333d.jpg

Match 2: John Hennigan defeated Jay Bradley via Starship Pain, to advance in the World Title Tournament

This match really impressed the fans, Bradley and Hennigan clicked and had a surprisingly even contest. Bradley used his size to slow the Prince of Parkour down but ultimately Hennigan's speed and agility got the better of Bradley, Hennigan hit the Superkick, and followed it up with <a href="http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss40/colm182/starship-pain.gif"> Starship Pain</a> for the win.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Rhyno_zps719915f3.jpghttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Chris_Hero_zpsc752dabf.jpg

In the locker room we see Chris Hero talking on his cell-phone. He appears to just be having a normal conversation when suddenly he is attacked by Rhino. Rhino folds the chair that Hero was sitting in and cracks it over his back, tossing it aside and yelling watch your back, punk, as he leaves the scene.

<a href="

The Unkindness </a>, Raven and his two disciples (Bodhi and Dante) make there way down to the ring, Raven slides into the ring and cuts a quick promo about the fans needing to remember who he was. He said his career has never been marked by accomplishments but rather by scars and pain. He says that Global Force Wrestling hasn't seen anything yet. Quoth the Raven... NEVERMORE. With that he slumps into the corner. His two followers, Bodhi and Dante, grab two seats from the crowd and set them up ringside.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmucecI0gLk"> Elijah Burke</a> boogies his way down to the ring, getting loose and looking like he was having some fun. As soon as the bell-rang though his focus switched and he went into attack mode, attacking Raven who still hadn't moved from the corner.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Raven3_zpsa6e5674f.jpgVShttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Elijah_Burke_zps8e7061aa.jpg

Match 3: Elijah Burke defeated Raven via Disqualification when the Unkindness assaulted Burke, Burke Advances in the World Title Tournament

The match was a below-average give and take match that was dragging on when Bodhi and Dante decided they wanted to get involved, sliding into the ring and assaulting Elijah Burke, causing the DQ. The 3 on 1 assault continued until The Naturals chased The Unkindness away and helped Burke to his feet, repaying the favor from last week.

JR mentions that Raven just eliminated himself from the tournament and doesn't seem flustered by it remotely.

Back from break Chris Hero is in the ring and wearing his ring gear. He is upset about the assault from earlier and calls Rhino out. Nothing happens and Hero begins to call Rhino a chicken, when suddenly Rhino slides into the ring from the crowd and GORES Hero. Rhino grabs the microphone and says you want it? Send a ref down. Referee Nick Patrick makes his way out from the back and the match is on.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Chris_Hero_zpsc752dabf.jpgVShttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Rhyno_zps719915f3.jpg

Match 4: Chris Hero defeated Rhino via Deathblow.

Rhino had the obvious early advantage and tossed the limp Hero around. The fans got behind Hero but Rhino continued to assault him and refused to cover him. Rhino picked the limp Hero up and tossed him into the corner. Rhino set up for the Gore and charged, Hero sidestepped him and clipped him with the Deathblow Elbow as he passed, stealing a victory from a visibly upset Rhino.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Jeff_Jarrett2_zps3db83c2e.jpghttp://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/AJStyles2002_zps995be3a6.jpg

We go to the back where Jeff Jarrett is in his office talking to Scott D'Amore and Shane Douglas, AJ Styles walks into the office and he and Jarrett immediately stand nose to nose. D'Amore and Douglas remind them to save it for the ring. One of these top contenders for the title will be eliminated next week in the Quarter Finals!!!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZs688hhuLE">Homicide</a> makes his way out to the ring wearing his typical ring gear which includes a heavy, potentially bulletproof vest and long baggy ring shorts with the Puerto Rican flag down the side.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnfMjyfKJps">Carlos Colon, Jr.</a> comes out looking cocky as usual. He is carrying with him an apple and the clipboard he had two weeks ago. He slides into the ring and offers the contract to Homicide, he appears to be offering him another chance to wrestle in Puerto Rico despite the things he said last week. Homicide tears the contract up which prompts Carlos to throw the apple at him, exploding on contact. The bell is called for and the match begins.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Carlos_Colon_Jr_zpsa5251786.jpg VS. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/kevinpwalsh1/Homicide2_zps548fe2a5.jpg

Main Event: Homicide defeated Carlos Colon, Jr. via Cop Killa to advance in the World Title Tournament

This match was a bit up and down, Homicide and Colon are both very talented in-ring guys, but the fans just weren't into this match as much as they were the previous match. Still these two brawled there way around the ring for a good amount of time. Colon hits the running knee lift and launches off the ropes for a huge clothesline but is caught by Homicide who plants him in the middle of the ring, from there he sets him up and nails the Cop Killa for the win and to advance in the World Title Tournament. The show goes off the air with Homicide standing tall.

Week 4 Preview

As the month of September started to come to an end we began to realize that we would certainly be able to host our first pay-per-view before the year ended. We made multiple phone calls and began the process of beginning to land our first pay-per-view. If all goes well it'll be hosted during October. Furthermore, we began discussing with our partners NJPW and AAA about hosting a joint PPV later in the year. So far we've merely began the conversation, but it looks likely to happen. Specifically in regards to AAA we've begun conversations about potentially bringing over some of their "Halloween" themed characters for a Halloween Special. I personally favor the Psycho Circus as those characters are straight-up creepy and would be a great juxtaposition for The Unkindness. But with that said, we still haven't finalized anything, so we will see.

As for the final week of September. The card once again has five matches on it, including the Quarterfinals of the world title tournament.

Tag Action: The Addiction vs. Caprice Coleman and Jimmy Yang

Quarterfinal Match: Chris Sabin vs. Elijah Burke

Quarterfinal Match: Scott Steiner vs. Ted DiBiase, Jr.

Quarterfinal Match: Homicide vs. John Hennigan

Quarterfinal Match: AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett

Tag Action: The Addiction vs. Caprice Coleman and Jimmy Yang

Quarterfinal Match: Chris Sabin vs. Elijah Burke

Quarterfinal Match: Scott Steiner vs. Ted DiBiase, Jr.

Quarterfinal Match: Homicide vs. John Hennigan

Quarterfinal Match: AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett

Archived