Deadly Overloaded Action

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DOA can always wait until Total inevitably falls to cult and get him on a PPA. Tommy Cornell, never change.

That could be nice! That said, it's my own policy not to hire workers who are currently on TV with another company. I want the roster to be strictly DOA workers.

Hey E-V,

Like I said in the DOTM, a great first show to begin things. Looking forward to the feud between Greg Black and Akima Brave being what carries things forward at the moment. I've always loved how you portray Eric Tyler. I think that has been proven time and time again. LOL. A little surprised at the Death Row victory, though, I shouldn't be! Looking forward to seeing what you do with Acid moving forward. Great looking diary so far!

Thank you, Angel!

Eric Tyler is a favorite of mine (tied with Rich Money for my top favorite). As you'll come to see, this is kind of an origins story for him/DOA wise. He has some evolution to go through and I plan, when it's all said and done, to get him back toward the original canon (only with better depth).

As for Brave/Black, the story is bound to ebb and flow but will always be hyper competitive. In theory, I'd like for their rivalry to be one of those long-term scenarios; even when they move on, they always return to butt heads.

I would love to see an EV take on Freddy Huggins if he can sign to DOA. In my mind, he's always been entrenched with either the fun-loving pairing with Edd Stone or the "Fearless, Peerless, Perfect" catchphrase I tagged him with the first time I signed him to SWF and I'd really like to see another take on him, specifically with him toeing the top of the card overness-wise in DOA.

I'd love Huggins but I'm afraid of his contract overall though ($125,000 a year). While the SWF can cover that, I don't know how well DOA can (especially this early). I haven't seen a months worth of finances to know. I'd hate to win the negotiations war and then be like... Uh, I can't afford you. We have 1 million in the bank but we're not really one of those companies that will get much in sponsorship.

So, I may pull the trigger on him and I may not.

From a character perspective (and the overness I need drastically in a main eventer), I'd love to take a stab at his persona. He's my kind of heel.

Sorry to be that guy.

Should be Pain & Reign.

Sorry to be that guy.

Should be Pain & Reign.

You're not 'that guy'! I appreciate the find! I'll change it when I get home later today. :)

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/THISWEEKPNG_zps8c9f1997.png

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/EDETS_zps4e81f56a.jpg
EPISODE #:

WEEK DATE:
2nd Thursday of March 2014

RUN-TIME:
60 Minutes

MAIN EVENT:
Acid & Greg Black vs. Akima Brave & Matthew Keith

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/Spotlight_zps02065cf6.jpg
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PNG/DeanWaldorf_zps3be88f4f.pnghttp://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PNG/MarvStatler_zps05c314b4.pnghttp://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PNG/Ota_zps4c703632.pnghttp://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PNG/Kazuma_zpsb854c92d.png

THE RING GENERALS vs. THE TOKYO EXPRESS

"Different Worlds"

With eight World Tag Team Championship reigns between the two of them, the Tokyo Express and the Ring Generals are considered to be top tier talents. Both teams have shown the ability to produce when the pressure is on and, in doing so, have created quite the initial presence in Deadly Overloaded Action. In reality though, that is where their stories end as it pertains to being similar.

The Tokyo Express has long been known as an explosive cruiserweight pairing. They know how to take flight with the best of them; however, their in-ring ability doesn’t stop at the top rope. Within the ring, both Kazuma Narato and Fumihiro Ota are strong competitors with a veteran-sense of knowledge as it pertains to technical wrestling. Said knowledge has often set them apart from other ‘high fliers’. In reality though, their last World Tag Team Championship reign ended in 2004; over a decade ago at this point. You could blame this absence from years of inactivity, instead working independently from one another across the world, but, truthfully, for the Tokyo Express to make it back to the prominence they once had they’ll need to secure the DOA Tag Team Championships in the near future. Either way though, to discredit Ota & Narato would be truly ill-advised as these two have shown the ability to succeed at the highest level as a team.

The Ring Generals have also tasted success; however, some mainstream wrestling fans find said success to be ‘second rate’. Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler have recently become the backbone of tag team wrestling on the independent scene. Dominating the Tri-State area for years now, the two Chicago natives have worked their asses off in which to make a name for themselves. That said, not a single title win has been on national television thus far; a scenario that seems to be brought up continually. Their combination of strong athleticism, in-ring prowess, and unwavering focus has brought them to Deadly Overloaded Action. Now, it’s their time to prove their ability under the lights and before the camera lens.

The match, itself, is bound to be a faster moving, all-out, affair. Truthfully, this sort of style should favor both teams. With this in mind, an ‘x-factor’ may be needed for one team to overcome the other and, knowing this, the Ring Generals may have the slight edge. Deadly Overloaded Action is based out of the bone-chilling, tough as hell, city of Chicago; the home-town of both Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler. Knowing this, you can bet that the DOA Dead-Heads will be fully behind THEIR boys.

Tune in THIS WEEK to see the exciting match between the Ring Generals & The Tokyo Express!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/RACard_zps226f3af4.jpg
Antonio Del Veccio
w/ Viva Italia
vs. El Arma Mortal

[standard Singles Match]

The Ring Generals vs. The Tokyo Express

[standard Tag Team Match]

Clark Alexander vs.
“THE FUTURE IS NOW”
Steven Parker
w/ Eric Tyler

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/LIVE_zps4356d275.png

Antonio Del Veccio w/ Viva Italia vs. El Arma Mortal

[standard Singles Match]

Clark Alexander vs. “THE FUTURE IS NOW” Steven Parker w/ Eric Tyler

The name Deadly Weapon is just awesome...even if it's in Spanish.

Not gonna lie, I just like them more.

I'm a huge Eric Tyler mark and I love Parker...Plus, he has a huge upside.

I want to pick Acid and Black, but Keith is just too freaking talented.

One is part of a stable, the other is masked

Generals win for face/heel balance here

Parker has the brighter future, Alexander is here to put guys over

Could go either way -- but I wouldn't could out two draws in a row or a cheap finish (DQ/Count Out)

[standard Singles Match]

Gotta be a schmozz here.

[standard Singles Match]

I don't know Arma, and i know antonio's good

dunno, makes sense i guess

seems like an easy choice to me

I just like them more

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

Partly just personal preference here but that angle in last show made me think that you have some plans form Arma so I think he would go over Del Veccio who is lower card guy himself.

Again, bit of personal preference here but I also believe that there is overness difference here that favor the veteran team.

I pretty much agree with KnowYourEnemy here though I wouldn´t mind seeing Alexander winning here either.

Yet another personal preference pick plus I think Acid gets one back here after being on the losing end in last show.

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

This is a tough one to select. However, after the hype video you gave El Arma Mortal in the first show, I assume he is getting a push. Therefore, he is my pick.

They are simply my personal preference. Ota and Narato for future World Tag Team Champions!

How can I select against The Future? More importantly, how can I select against Eric Tyler? The truth is that I can't.

Another personal preference pick. I am a huge fan of the way that you write Acid. So that gets my personal preference.

Really looking forward to this next show, E-V!

Congratulations to KC Glenn, by the way, for dating Rebel Barbi. ;)

[standard Singles Match]

[standard Singles Match]

I'm happy that Parker is using the Fabulous Joe robe :D

[standard Singles Match]

Antonio is awesome. Haven't seen much of him since he left MAW, though.

Ota should be able to anchor the division until he retires.

Clark is almost always in time decline for me, but I could see this turning into a good feud.

I'm calling another draw, though Acid makes me want to pick his side as a matter of course.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/News_zpsbb25b355.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/WhosComing_zps8a60cab8.png

DOA Officials have announced that there will be a special guest coming to “Rapid Assault” this week! While little is known as to WHO this guest will be, there are several rumors circulating backstage that this mystery person is a well-known female with strong social media ties. None the less, it’s more important than EVER to catch DOA “Rapid Assault” this week as it airs LIVE on Thursday @ 9 ONLY on Arcadia!

Who do you think will be coming to Deadly Overloaded Action? What’s their reasoning for coming? All of this will be unveiled THIS WEEK on “Rapid Assault”!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/WebsiteBottom_zpsc2a5660c.jpg

DOA Officials have announced that there will be a special guest coming to “Rapid Assault” this week! While little is known as to WHO this guest will be, there are several rumors circulating backstage that this mystery person is a well-known female with strong social media ties. None the less, it’s more important than EVER to catch DOA “Rapid Assault” this week as it airs LIVE on Thursday @ 9 ONLY on Arcadia!

I'm going to assume this is Amy Roberts.

Remember before you hire her that there is a reason she's not on TV. The Blonde Bombshell is a terrible promo, expensive and trouble backstage.

I'm disappointed no one has yet to mock her by putting "The Blonde Bomber" Jerry Martin in drag. That would be "bloody" awesome.

The mystery that is Arma Mortal will be the X-Factor in this one.

Tokyo's just plain better.

Ice Man won't mind doing the job I'm sure.

Acid gets the nod over Keith in this one, and although Akima is better for you in the long run, I think Black's popularity and skills will be more beneficial in the short term.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/LAX_Wrestling/Logos/Yourewatching_zpsd6811a14.jpg

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/LAX_Wrestling/Logos/2ndPNGLogo_zps2dd53051.png

EPISODE #2

Thursday, 2nd Week of March 2014

DOA Arena || Great-Lakes

||
||
||

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/LAX_Wrestling/MISC/Lineup_zpsbd9bde94.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/COMMEN_zpsbf9d3e97.jpg

Samuel Curran:
The world of professional wrestling changed FOREVER last week as DOA "Rapid Assault" exploded onto the scene! Akima Brave, Greg Black, Matthew Keith, and the tough-as-hell thugs in Death Row came away 5-star results and, knowing this, I can't wait to see what happens here tonight!

Alex Braun:
It's bound to be a great show. From top-to-bottom, we have four new matches that will push the show to its limits. Honestly, right now, I have my eye on the Steven Parker/Clark Alexander match coming later tonight. We've got a strong veteran and an up-and-coming superstar in the new "Traditionalist." There's no doubt in my mind that we've got a special one on the horizon.

Samuel Curran:
Last week, as touched upon A LOT over the week, brought us a shocking ending to a top tier match between Akima Brave & Greg Black. Let's re-visit what happened and, then, hear from one-half of that match, Greg Black.

Alex Braun:
Really, we'll be hearing from Carl Batch. That guy never runs out of hot air...

[The 2nd episode of DOA “Rapid Assault” opens with a gritty hype video depicting the controversy that is last week’s main event between Akima Brave & Greg Black. Utilizing footage from the opening broadcast, the match tells a story of two skillful veterans who appear to be equals within the ropes. This extends to the final seconds as Akima Brave’s attempt at a belly-to-back suplex turns into a double pinfall. After freezing on that final count, only hearing the audio of the close of the show, we’re all of a sudden presented a new image. This image is that of Carl Batch standing before a black DOA backdrop. After taking a puff of his cigar, blowing it in the direction of the lens, Greg’s advocate begins to speak; even before the smoke clears. Meanwhile, Greg Black stands off to the side, slightly behind Batch, with his arms crossed & a cold stare.]

[Carl Batch]:
I want you to take a good long look at the man to my side.
[Pauses; allows the viewer to gaze upon the obviously frustrated Greg Black]
This is Greg Black… and he’s the best damn wrestler this industry has going today. From bell-to-bell, there ‘aint a man who can keep up with him and that was obvious last week. Akima thought he had the win but, in reality, if you REALLY look at the tape, it was Greg Black who lifted his shoulder up at the last second; not Akima’s
[in reality, this is not true. Both shoulders were down]
And YET, he felt like HE was screwed?
[shakes his head and takes another drag on his cigar]
Boy… You weren’t screwed out of anything. The only man who RIGHTFULLY deserved the win that night was this man… Greg Black…
[Points to him with his cigar]
He out-wrestled your a$$ and yet, it seems like DOA officials are ALREADY protecting their ‘prized warrior’.
[shakes his head slowly]
Tonight, this man is going to expose you once again… and when he does…
[snickers]
… There won’t be any ‘network’ to hide behind again…

[With that, Carl takes another drag on his cigar as he blows the smoke directly upon the lens ahead. Before doing so though, we get one final glimpse of the stoic, if not absolutely cold, stare of one “No Joke” Greg Black.]

GRADE:
D

Samuel Curran:
Carl Batch thinks that Greg Black was screwed last week?

Alex Braun:
Not only that. He thinks that the ‘network’ is protecting Akima Brave somehow?

Samuel Curran:
We’ve ALL seen the tape and it’s pretty obvious. Greg Black DID pick his shoulder up; however, it wasn’t until AFTER the 3rd count was put forth by Matthew White. A second earlier and this WOULD be a different situation and Greg Black WOULD be the winner of that match. Since it wasn’t the case, it ended in a DRAW; which was the right decision… even to this day.

Alex Braun:
Something tells me that Carl Batch is always going to have a reason for why Greg Black lost a match. I mean, I don’t expect him to lose very much, he’s one hell of a wrestler, but this kind of mentality doesn’t just stop after one week.

Samuel Curran:
I hope tonight’s main event finally sheds some light on ‘who’s better’. I know that one match doesn’t really decide that but, after last week, we need something definitive.

Alex Braun:
I can’t WAIT for that match. We’ve got four men who can all ‘go’. You can’t ask for much more than that!

[We head backstage now in which to see the “KOA Warrior” Akima Brave standing alongside the brash interview personality in Ernie Turner. While Turner’s energy almost feels as though he’s trying to compensate for something (ie: ‘tough guy’ in a way; what you’d expect from a UFC-like interview figure), Akima feels authentic in his typical angered fashion. With the latter, it’s not that he’s outright with said anger. That said, underneath the snarl and the gruff demeanor, it’s obviously rumbling under the surface at all times.]

[Ernie Turner]:
Brave… We just heard from Carl Batch that he feels Greg Black was screwed out of the win last week. What are you thinking when you hear something like that?

[Akima’s snarl grows a bit larger as he seems annoyed with the question and/or Carl’s statement.]

[Akima Brave]:
Batch is a dip-[CENSOR]…

[brave shakes his head slightly as he looks away for a second; looking upward in an annoyed fashion.]

[Ernie Turner]:
We ALL saw the pin and it’s obvious that you both had your shoulders down at the time of the final count. Looking back, do you think your choice of a belly-to-back suplex was smart? Ultimately, after hitting your head, you couldn’t recognize that your shoulders were down as well…

[Akima now interjects with the same demeanor as before.]

[Akima Brave]:
Smart?
[snarls; shakes his head and then glares at Ernie]
Black and I were going to war in that ring. It was either me or him and, at that point, I did what I had to do; I took him to the mat. I wouldn’t change that; not for a second.

[Akima starts to slowly stomp away when Ernie speaks up one last time.]

[Ernie Turner]:
Do you think a win in tonight’s main event will shed more light on who SHOULD have won last week?

[Despite most likely hearing Ernie’s last question, Akima doesn’t acknowledge it. Instead, he angrily stomps off the scene and leaving Turner alone. Even though this is the case, Ernie turns back toward the camera with a strong sense of confidence.]

[Ernie Turner]:
Well folks, it looks like Akima Brave has stepped into “Rapid Assault” tonight with nothing but iron-clad focus. Make sure you catch the main event here tonight to see how his budding rivalry with Greg Black will turn out. Also, our special guest is coming up JUST after the next match; don’t miss it!

[With that, we return to the ringside area as the 1st match of the night is getting ready to take place between El Arma Mortal & Antonio Del Veccio.]

GRADE:
D

Samuel Curran:
Anyone who knows Akima Brave knows that he’s not the cuddliest figure guy you’re ever going to find. Despite that though, he’s one hell of a competitor.

Alex Braun:
Akima’s seen a lot of adversity in his short career thus far. It’s what drives him to be the best. It’s almost like an obsession; he literally can’t allow himself to go backward. What we saw here, with Turner, is what you can expect from the guy. He’s not going to smile & give out a string of high-fives around the ring. But, to be honest, I don’t think he needs to. His talent, his drive, it speaks volumes for him as a competitor here in DOA.

Samuel Curran:
I can’t wait for tonight’s main event. We’ve got four guys who are ALL looking to make an impact here in the DOA arena!

Alex Braun:
You want to see some in-your-face wrestling that just won’t quit? Tune in tonight. That’s EXACTLY what you’re going to get from these guys!

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Singles Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
Amore w/ Antonio Del Veccio

Marco Moretti w/ Antonio Del Veccio

• Antonio Del Veccio seems overly confident and makes this known as he literally shoves El Arma Mortal as they meet in the center of the ring. Bad move. Seconds later, Antonio hits the canvas with a stiff kick to the chest delivered by his opponent.

• Del Veccio would take a 30 second break on the outside, gruffly barking at the referee, kicking the nearby guardrail on a few occasions, and ignoring Amore’s attempt to talk to him.

• When he returns, Del Veccio holds his own pretty well with a pretty traditional in-ring move set. A sit-down piledriver gives him the closet chance at a victory with a 2-count.

• Eventually though, El Arma Mortal seems to spring into another gear (one for which Del Veccio cannot match). After an array of stiff strikes (both kicks and punches), Del Veccio looks to be staggering considerably.

• At this point, Marco Moretti is shown stepping up onto the apron to cause a distraction. Barking at El Arma Mortal and pulling Matthew White’s attention in the process, Del Veccio springs in for the attack; however, it doesn’t last very long. Before we know it, El Arma Mortal is back in control with a stiff Superkick off the ropes.

• After a running back elbow off of the ropes, a move that almost seems to decapitate Del Veccio, the mysterious El Arma Mortal springs into action and drops Del Veccio with his signature “La Marcha de la Muerte” (Cradle DDT).

• Amore, annoyed, shakes her head and walks away from the ring while chewing her gum like a street walker. Meanwhile, Marco Moretti, stone-faced, stares ahead and watches at Del Veccio doesn’t break the count. In doing so, El Arma Mortal wins his debut match in DOA.

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
El Arma Mortal via pinfall

ENDING MANEUVER:
“La Marcha De La Muerte” (Cradle DDT)

ENDING TIME:
5:04

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
Amore sure has some attitude in her, doesn’t she?

Alex Braun:
You mean the gum chomping and the annoyed look on her face? I don’t know WHY she’s so annoyed. I mean, the braud is wearing what appears to be a real fur coat. Antonio’s ‘lifestyle’ seems to keep her in the penthouse suite these days!

Samuel Curran:
He may have her in the penthouse suit but, tonight, he’s the one lying on his back.

Alex Braun:
You’re really proud of that, aren’t you?

Samuel Curran:
Yep!
[Chuckles to himself]

Alex Braun:
The real story tonight is this El Arma Mortal guy. There’s a stiffness to his strikes; a real killer instinct it seems. I don’t know about you, Sam, but I really like what I’ve seen thus far.

Samuel Curran:
He’s a lethal wrestler, that’s for sure. Hopefully, as the weeks go on, we’ll get to know the man under the mask as well.

Alex Braun:
I don’t think I NEED to know who’s under there. His in-ring style speaks for itself!

[As the ringside area comes down from a strong win by the mysterious El Arma Mortal, we now see the brash DOA interviewer Ernie Turner standing alone within the ring. With a microphone already in hand, Turner begins to speak in his typical raspy, smoker-voice-like, manner.]

[Ernie Turner]:
I vowed to introduce to you a ‘special guest’ this week on “Rapid Assault” and that times has FINALLY come.
[smirks]
For the last week, DOA officials and my next guest have been in negotiations in which to bring another ‘pretty face’ to the company. Both sides had their demands but, in the end, Deadly Overloaded Action ‘got their gal.’ So, let me introduce to you, the newest member of the DOA roster. She’s a social media juggernaut and one of the most searched females in wrestling history! Ladies and gentlemen, get out of your seats and put your hands together for…

[Turner turns and points toward the entrance way with a big smirk on his face.]

[Ernie Turner]:
Amy… “The Blonde Bombshell”… Roberts!

[The DOA Arena pops as an unknown female pop song starts to blare throughout the space within. Within seconds, the absolutely gorgeous Amy Roberts is shown confidently stepping through the blackened entrance way. She’s wearing a tight red dress, showing every curve of her slender frame, a pair of sleek black high heels, and a sly smirk upon her face. Upon seeing her, the DOA Dead-Heads grow even louder in their response for her ;most likely due to her beauty and their inebriation.]

[Once in the ring, Amy continues on with her sly sexiness as the DOA Dead-Heads cat-call collectively from within the crowd.]

[Ernie Turner]:
Amy… Roberts…
[Pauses in a “I can’t believe what I’m seeing” kind of way; smirking]
I’ve got to say, I don’t know how this is possible, but you’re a whole HELL of a lot hotter in person…

[The Dead-Heads pop as Amy continues to smile as she stands in an strong open stance; hand on her hip.]

[Ernie Turner]:
It’s been 8-long years since we’ve seen you in a wrestling ring… So, why now? Why Deadly Overloaded Action?

[Amy doesn’t’ speak at first, in which to let the crowd pop a little longer. That said, when she does speak, her lack of microphone skills makes it hard for any ‘story’ to really take hold; or even believe what she’s saying. In reality though, she’s pretty and that’s all she needs.]

[Amy Roberts]:
It HAS been 8-years, hasn’t it?
[Pauses; smiles]
There’s so many reasons to come back… To start….

[before Amy can get too far into her guided interview, the sound of a grungy punk-rock anthem overpowers the DOA Arena. Within seconds, we see Rebel Barbi stomping her way out of the back in an angry fashion. Her face is turned in which to show said anger as her body language follows suit. Meanwhile, behind her, Acid comes along for the ride it seems.]

[Amy appears confused as to what is happening as she tries to talk to Ernie about it. He shrugs and appears just as clueless. Meanwhile, the DOA Dead-Heads are split for the most part. They’re booing her heavily but there are pockets of fans who just seem to love Rebel Barbi despite anything she does/says.]

[it doesn’t take long for Barbi to enter the ring and, as she does, she goes straight for Amy Roberts. Stopping within inches of her, Rebel grabs the microphone forcibly from Ernie Turner’s hand without ever taking her angered gaze off of Roberts. Now, holding the mic to the side, still on her mouth though, the “Punk Pin-Up” puts forth a promo dripping in anger & frustration.]

[Rebel Barbi]:
What the HELL are you doing here?

[The Dead-Heads boo as Amy appears uncomfortable; leaning back as she pulls her face in an awkward fashion.]

[Rebel Barbi]:
No… You don’t have to answer… I know why you’re here… It’s about time that people stopped caring about your skanky-a$$... SO… You need the money for a new boob job, right?

[Amy chuckles awkwardly, still leaning back, as she looks to Ernie in a “ What is going on?” kind of way.]

[Rebel Barbi]:
I mean, that’s the only reason ANYONE EVER paid attention to you in the first place…
[Pauses; snarling]
I’m going to give you one warning; that’s all. Collect your check for tonight, fly disease-infested self BACK to Hollywood, and NEVER return to this arena again.
[the Dead-Heads boo at that idea]
Go back to making soft-core porn on your computer; something you’re good at…
[The crowd does a collective ‘ooh’]
and leave this world to me… Ya got me?
[Pauses]
Run far-far… away… and never come back… because if you do… I’ll make your life a living HELL…

[Leaving her angry message short and sweet, Rebel Barbi slams the microphone square into the middle of Amy’s chest. This forces her to stagger backward, holding her chest in pain, as she coughs rather violently at first. As you’d expect, Ernie Turner springs into action in which to keep her standing; helping her work through the pain. Meanwhile, as the DOA Dead-Heads boo in response, Rebel Barbi storms out of the ring just as she came in; angry. Ultimately, she and Acid exit toward the back; however, not before shouting at a few inebriated fans at ringside.]

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
Well, Amy “Blond Bombshell” Roberts return to wrestling didn’t have much of a honeymoon phase, did it?

Alex Braun:
I should have seen this coming. Rebel Barbi has never been known to be an ‘easy person to get along with’ but, today, she seemed even more on edge in the back. It’s obvious, she hates Amy Roberts for some reason.

Samuel Curran:
So much so that she’s willing to threaten her NOT to come back. Do you think she will? I mean, I hope she does! I really want to see Ms. Roberts get a second chance at the wrestling industry. Plus, these guys seemed to REALLY love her!

Alex Braun:
I’m not sure, Sam. Why would Amy come back next week after what we heard here tonight? Her life could be in danger if she decides to do so. If you ask me, she may be better served doing promotional work for DOA on the inter-web thing…

Samuel Curran:
I guess we’ll see if she returns next week. If she does, I can’t imagine Rebel Barbi will take that decision very well…

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Tag Team Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
N/A

• While the Ring Generals are the obvious favorite amongst their Chicago brethren, the rabid Dead-Heads wouldn’t have much to cheer for early on. The Tokyo Express shows their veteran prowess; controlling the match with simultaneous tags & double team maneuvers.

• Eventually, much to the crowd’s excitement, Dean Waldorf pushes through the pain and tags in Marv Statler. In doing so, in typical babyface fashion, Statler steamrolls the combination of Kazuma & Fumihiro.

• Moments later though, Statler’s reign is thwarted by a running chop-block from Kazuma; hitting Marv’s knee straight on and forcing him to the canvas in extreme pain.

• With the big man reeling, the Tokyo Express continues their assault. At one point, it looks like the Tokyo Express is about to win with a double-team top rope elbow drop. Somehow, Waldorf dives in and breaks the count though.

• Waldorf is tagged in later and, in doing so, Marv is shown eliminating Ota from the ring with a strong closeline over the top rope. He follows soon thereafter; taking the brawl outside as he hobbles a bit.

• In the ring, Kazuma and Dean go back-and-forth in the ring; trading blows.

• Kazuma gains control with a spinning heel kick off the ropes. Seconds later, he sends Waldorf into the corner. He speeds toward him but Dean was playing possum; diving out of the way. In doing so, Kazuma hits the corner hard; face-first.

• Staggering away, momentarily dazed, Kazuma doesn’t see Waldorf spring into motion (never returning to his feet after the dive) and executing a school-boy rollup.

• Ota tries to slide back into the ring but Marv is able to grab his foot; pulling him back out. Meanwhile, Dean gets the 3-count in a flash manner!

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
The Ring Generals via pinfall

ENDING PINFALL:
Dean Waldorf pinned Kazuma Narato

ENDING MANEUVER:
School-boy rollup after Kazuma misses a corner splash

ENDING TIME:
8:22

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
Whoa!! Waldorf got the pin! Waldorf got the pin! This HAS to be an upset here!

Alex Braun:
On a mainstream level, yea. This is an upset because most people don’t really have a history with the Ring Generals. For those of us who have seen them grow on the indy scene, this is no shock! These guys are the real deal!

Samuel Curran:
Well, now they have a claim for being the ‘real deal’ on a mainstream level, as you say. They beat the Tokyo Express; a decorated team we all know. BIG win for them here!

Alex Braun:
Kazuma and Fumihiro won’t take this one lying down but, tonight, Dean & Marv are making waves in Deadly Overloaded Action! It’s great to see them get the focus they’ve earned after years on the circuit!

[The final bell tolls as the DOA Dead-Heads pop for their own, Chicago-natives the Ring Generals. That said, the excitement doesn’t last very long. Before they can even comprehend what’s going on, the DOA Tag Team Champions Death Row©, along with Sayeed Ali, storm the ring and violently overwhelm the young Generals within moments. This doesn’t mean that Dean & Marv take this fight lying down; they give everything they have. That said, after their match, they appear depleted enough to make it an easy attack by the hardened, dirty, street-thugs in Death Row/Sayeed Ali.]

[before things can get too ugly though, the muscular behemoths in Pain & Reign are shown storming the ring as well. Once they hit the ring, Tank & Dozer go right for the DOA Tag Team Champions. In this vein, it looks like four rhinos all slamming into one another in a brutish fashion. Neither side really gains the advantage, that is until Sayeed Ali gets involved as well. The numbers game looks to be against the behemoth babyfaces until the Ring Generals return to form & the four of them (Generals – Pain & Reign) overpower their attackers and clean the ring.]

[ultimately, Death Row©, along with Sayeed, is shown staggering away from the ring as they’re heard mouthing off about “next time.” Then, the segment comes to an end with an uneasy staredown between two teams who SHOULD be allies in the Ring Generals and Pain & Reign within the ring.]

GRADE:
E

Samuel Curran:
The DOA Tag Team division is starting to get a little crowded right now and, I for one, am loving the intense competitive nature we’ve seen thus far!

Alex Braun:
You can tell that Tank & Dozer didn’t come out here to SAVE the Ring Generals. That’s obvious. They came out here to stick it to Death Row & Ali. Honestly, I don’t see how this EVER calms down. These teams are hungry… they’re chomping at the bit to get to those belts and, like you said, I love it too!

Samuel Curran:
Maybe we’ll see an upcoming match between these three? Even though they lost tonight in a close match, you could toss the Tokyo Express in there as well. Let’s just have the four teams go at it EVER week. I’d be happy!

Alex Braun:
Me too, Sam. It’s great to see the division coming together THIS quickly!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Angles/SebastianCruise_zpse03e3eb2.jpg

HYPE VIDEO PROMO

INVOLVED:
Sebastian Cruise

"You’ll never know…”

[A hype promo video opens with a lively party crowd playfully interacting with one another within the confines of an exquisite modern mansion. Said party crowd appears to come from money, snobby and plastic looking, but the image isn’t anything different than what you’d see on a primetime TV drama. As the camera pans through the crowd, eventually exiting the room through an open glass sliding doorway, we now witness an equally populated poolside crowd. Beautiful women, attractive bodies, are all present.]

[The single shot pan now comes to rest before a sharply dressed man in a suit. His arrogance is almost palpable as he holds an alcoholic beverage in a small tumbler within his right hand. The other is draped around the waist of a beautiful female with model-level looks.]

[With a smirk upon his face, one that makes you want to punch the guy outright, this figure begins to speak. In doing so, his voice sounds confident, yet demeaning, at the same time.]

[sebastian Cruise]:
Welcome… to
my
life…
[smirks as he extends his arms out; not needing to look around to know how great it looks to the average viewer]
To you, this is a fantasy… to me… This is Thursday night…

[sebastian goes on the move now, leaving the beautiful model behind; however, walking past women of equal beauty in the process. They are everywhere. Keeping his arrogant smirk, Cruise shuffles in a “I’m the sh*t” kind of fashion.]

[sebastian Cruise]:
You see, when you have what I have… the money… the cars… the women… the looks… Life comes easy. I get what I want… when I want it. Most times, without having to lift a single finger…

[He looks to his right as a beautiful female strolls past him without a bikini top on. All we see is a bare back though. The two exchange smirks toward one another in a playful fashion. Seconds later, Cruise looks back to the lens as he continues to walk; obvious that he has it all.]

[sebastian Cruise]:
Don’t expect anything less when I come to Deadly Overloaded Action. I promise you, in a matter of minutes, I’ll have the entire company bowing at my feet; prostituting itself to keep me happy.
[Pauses; smirks]
Feast your eyes on everything you see here… burn it into your brain…
[Cruise comes to a stop; smirking]
This is the life of Sebastian Cruise…
[Pauses; smirks]
This is a life you’ll NEVER know…

[With that, Cruise continues to smirk as he takes a light sip of his drink. Seconds later, he continues to walk through the massive poolside party crowd as the single camera shot slowly starts to back away from the scene; bikini-clad women blocking our view of Cruise as he walks away. From there, the video comes to a close and, in doing so, everyone simply wants to slam their fist square across his jaw.]

GRADE:
C

Samuel Curran:
I’ve heard stories about this guy ever since DOA officials announced the initial roster. Honestly, I thought they were exactly that; stories. Well, I guess I was wrong. This guy really does seem to ‘have it all’…

Alex Braun:
That bull ‘aint going to cut it in Deadly Overloaded Action, Sam. I’ve gotten to know most of the boys in the back and, to be honest, they aren’t interested in housing a punk like this. If he’s coming here, he better be ready to work… If he’s not… I promise you that ‘pretty boy’ look of his is going to get roughed up a bit.

Samuel Curran:
From what I’ve seen so far, I can already say that I’d love to see that…

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Singles Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
Eric Tyler w/ Steven Parker

• Clark Alexander, the smiling crowd favorite, riles up the crowd before the opening bell rings. Not thinking clearly, he turns his back toward Parker as he looks to the crowd. This allows Parker to swing in and attack Alexander from behind. In doing so, Matthew White feels the pressure to open the match and does so by calling for the bell.

• With Clark down, Steven stomps away with furious strength; flipping Alexander over onto his back due to the force.

• The man known as “Hawaiian Thunder” returns back to an upright base eventually and reverse an irish whip in the process. In doing so, Alexander lands a basic backbody drop.

• Despite gaining an early advantage at this point, Steven Parker forces his way back into control with a reversal of his own; stopping a suplex and turning it into a DDT on his own end.

• Toward the end of the match, it looks like Clark Alexander is gearing up for a ‘Super-Face’ moment; growing with energy and fighting past Parker’s strikes. That said, as he seems to get ‘fully charged’, Parker stops all of that with a stiff stomach to the gut & a cradled piledriver in the middle of the ring. While it stops his momentum, Alexander is able to kick out at 2 ½.

• With his opponent reeling, Parker amps up his attack with heavy-fists & stomps. This eventually leads to Steven Parker locking in & executing his signature “Future Shock” (Bridging Fisherman Suplex) in the middle of the ring.

• Eric Tyler confidently, and rather calmly, nods his head with the 3-count as the newly crowned “Traditionalist” scores a big win on “Rapid Assault”.

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
Steven Parker via pinfall

ENDING MANEUVER:
“Future Shock” (Bridging Fisherman Suplex)

ENDING TIME:
9:28

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
Talk about the night of big wins. Steven Parker is one hell of a wrestler but this is Clark Alexander; he’s a veteran of this sport.

Alex Braun:
We’ve seen some great things out of Clark Alexander over the years, and I’m positive that we haven’t seen the last of those years, but, tonight, Steven Parker just proved to be the better guy; whether we like it or not. Like I’ve said before, he’s a punk, I can see that, but that doesn’t deny just how talented he really is.

Samuel Curran:
What’s next for Parker? He’s 2-0 in DOA now, picking up a big win tonight; so, there has to be something interesting on the horizon.

Alex Braun:
Plus, having Eric Tyler as an advocate doesn’t hurt either. I’m sure he’s in the DOA offices every day; pushing for Steven.

Samuel Curran:
Well, it looks like they’re calling for a microphone. We’re going to hear from the new “Traditionalist” and his mentor right now!

Alex Braun:
Tyler never turns down a chance to talk. I wouldn’t expect Parker to be any different…

[The DOA Arena is filled with a chorus of boos as Steven Parker’s hand is raised as the victor. The confident smirk upon his face tells it all; he thinks he’s the sh*t. Meanwhile, as said hand is raised, we see Eric Tyler slowly climb onto the apron with a microphone already in hand. Cutting through the boos, Tyler begins to speak as he slowly, confidently, steps between the middle ropes and into the ring.]

[Eric Tyler]:
How DARE you boo someone of Steven Parker’s ability!
[Louder boos]
You idiots don’t know the first thing about wrestling! You sit there on your fat asses, chug away on whatever cheap beer you can find, and pretend like you know EVERYTHING. Smarks, is it?
[shakes his head in anger]
You’re showing JUST how clueless you are right now…
[Pauses; points back to a smirking Parker]
THIS is what wrestling is all about… THIS man… Steven Parker… Show some god-damn respect!

[The crowd boos a little louder now as Parker continues to bask in his strong arrogance.]

[Eric Tyler]:
There isn’t a man back there…
[Points to the entrance way]
who can come CLOSE to lacing up this man’s boots. Not a single one; and to show that… We’re putting out an open challenge for ANYONE to prove us wrong!
[Pauses]
It doesn’t matter WHO you are… You could…

[Tyler is abruptly interrupted by a classic rock anthem as the DOA Dead-heads seem confused as to what’s coming next. That said, they are on their feet ready to see what IS on its way.]

[Within moments, the infamously crazy Madman Boone is shown shuffling through the entrance way. Equip with a baseball bat over his shoulder, a beer in his other hand, and an unsettling smile upon his face, the “Extreme Psycho” stomps toward the ringside area with nothing but insane confidence to every step. Meanwhile, in the ring, Eric Tyler is shown rolling his eyes and holding a “You’ve got to be kidding me” look on his face. In connection, Parker is shown laughing to himself as he equally gears himself up for a fight.]

[it doesn’t take long for the action to take place as Boone steps into the ring. Parker jets forward; however, is blinded almost immediately as Boone spits a big mouthful of beer into his face. The new “Traditionalist” staggers away for a second, cleaning out his eyes, but comes right back at the “Extreme Psycho.” In doing so though, Boone connects with a baseball bat strike to his stomach and then square across his back; much to the crowd’s excitement.]

[Tyler, already out of the ring, angrily slams his hands upon the canvas from ringside as Parker slowly rolls out of the ring; collapsing onto the floor. He’s helped back to his feet as the two men back-peddle toward the back. Meanwhile, Parker is angrily yelling at Boone as he chalks up his success to simply using a weapon and not REALLY fighting him.]

[ultimately, the segment comes to an end as Madman Boone, the one left standing in the ring, raises his bat on high as he takes a big swig of beer with his other hand. In doing so, the DOA Dead-Heads pop for the drunken lunatic.]

GRADE:
D-

Samuel Curran:
Madman Boone has Steven Parker reeling!

Alex Braun:
A bat and a lot of beer is enough to make anyone unstoppable it seems!
[Chuckles]
Way to make a statement here, Boone!

Samuel Curran:
So, my guess is we’re having a one-on-one match between Madman Boone & Steven Parker next week on “Rapid Assault”! I wonder if his bat will be legal?

Alex Braun:
He better hope. If not, I can’t see him walking away with the win. I mean, it was fun tonight, you gotta love a little hardcore action, but this isn’t sustainable against a guy like Parker.

Samuel Curran:
I guess we’ll find out next week! Can’t wait for that!

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Tag Team Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
Rebel Barbi w/ Acid

Carl Batch w/ Greg Black

• From the very start, this match has an ‘all-out’ feel to it. Seconds after the bell is rung, all hell breaks loose as both sides engage one another in an explosive fashion. The intro pairings are as you’d expect, given last week’s show, Brave/Black and Acid/Keith.

• This Texas Tornado style would last for the first minute or so with the babyface team coming ahead early on. From there, a standard tag team match style would follow as Akima Brave & Acid start the match from a legal man perspective.

• Akima’s rough style keeps Acid on his heels; however, the crazed daredevil eventually overcomes this with a death-defying springboard closeline at warp speed. The impact is so jarring that Akima takes a while to return to his feet and, when he does, Acid drops him once again with a running/leaping tornado DDT.

• Greg Black is tagged in and he quickly goes to work on his fallen rival. He literally stomps every inch of the “KOA Warrior” as he systematically takes him apart; stomp by stomp. The final blow comes as he allows Akima to get up on all fours (allowing him to do so) and then kicking him square in the head one last time.

• Greg forces Akima back to his feet and, this time around, Akima is able to reverse a belly-to-back suplex attempt by Black. In doing so, he slips around the backside of his opponent & executes the move himself. As you’d expect though, Akima is so worn down that he can’t quite get to Keith; at least not when Acid returns to the ring and cheaply dropkicks him in the head as he crawls to his corner.

• Keith tries to come in but the referee stops him. In doing so, Black & Acid drop Akima once more with a double-team face-busting standing suplex.

• Eventually, Akima powers his way through and puts Black on his heels. In doing so, he gets Matthew Keith into the match and the youngster goes crazy. He knocks Greg Black to the ground with a running dropkick that practically takes his head off. He then kicks himself back upright and knocks Acid off the apron; much to the crowd’s enjoyment.

• A few tags would follow with both teams pulling ahead at certain points. That said, the heel team seems to work better as a tandem (where as Keith & Akima seem like singles wrestlers in a tag match).

• In the end, Acid takes advantage of a staggered Matthew Keith following an unexpected closeline from Greg Black (who stood on the apron when he happened as Keith was too close to the ropes). Akima springs into action; however, goes right for Greg Black as the two brawl at ringside in a wild fashion. Meanwhile, back in the ring, Acid has ducked under a desperation punch from the rising Keith; kicking him in the stomach and then dropping him with his signature “Acid Rain Bomb” (Sit-down Powerbomb) seconds later.

• Rebel Barbi is heard wildly screaming for joy as the final count is heard & Acid wins the match for his team. Meanwhile, Greg Black & Akima Brave are shown still brawling at ringside until Greg Black slams Akima into the steel guardrail in a violent fashion; tossing him to the ground in the process.

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
Acid & Greg Black via pinfall

ENDING PINFALL:
Acid pinned Matthew Keith

ENDING MANEUVER:
“Acid Rain Bomb” (Sit-down Powerbomb)

ENDING TIME:
12:11

GRADE:
C-

Samuel Curran:
The force of the “Acid Rain Bomb” was enough to keep Matthew Keith down for the 3-count. In doing so, Acid & Greg Black are victorious in our main event. Honestly, this one could have gone either way but, man, what a match we had here!

Alex Braun:
We had four stand-out wrestlers in this match tonight. As you said, I really feel like it could have gone either way. Back-and-forth they went but, in the end, Black & Acid were just too much for Akima & Keith. While they’re great singles wrestlers, these two just didn’t seem to work well with one another and it showed in the final outcome.

Samuel Curran:
It’s been one HELL of a show, folks, but “Rapid Assault” is coming to a close. Make sure you tune in NEXT WEEK as we already know we’ll have Steven Parker and Madman Boone in action! That’s going to be one crazy affair!

Alex Braun:
Yea, about as weird as they come, I’m sure. The new “Traditionalist” versus the crazy man with the double-B’s… His beer & his bat!

Samuel Curran:
I can’t wait for that and MUCH more, no doubt! Witness the evolution NEXT WEEK… on DOA “Rapid Assault”!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/ESWR_zps36da4505.jpg

<hr color="black">
EPISODE BREAKDOWN

OVERALL EPISODE GRADE:
C-

ATTENDANCE:
3,680 (out of 5,000)

TV RATING:
0.71 (- 0.04)

POPULARITY CHANGE:
This show increased DOA's popularity in 11 regions

Archived