Deadly Overloaded Action

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PWH%20News/PWHNews_zps48c1507f.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: MALIK "THE FREAK" RIVERS RETIRES FROM BOXING; TURNING TO PRO WRESTLING

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PWH%20News/SeanRivers_zpsa2333c38.jpg

Former American boxer
made news today as he announced that he’s retired from boxing and is now embarking upon his childhood dream of becoming a professional wrestler. During a brief press conference in his home city of Atlanta, Georgia, Rivers unveiled that he’s been training with several local wrestling trainers dating back to mid-2013.

Rivers commented on his unknown training period by saying “This is not a quick decision of mine. I’ve been putting in the work for the last year now. I just wanted to keep it under wraps at first.” When asked further about why now, the man they call “The Freak” went on to say: “I’ve always loved wrestling. I grew up watching [sam] Strong, [Rip] Chord, and Christian Faith. I knew, from a very early age, that this was something I wanted to do. Thankfully, after a career in boxing, I’ve developed a name for myself which makes it easier to jump into the wrestling ring now.”

got his nickname because of his jaw-dropping athleticism as a lightweight boxer. In some cases, Rivers would go 12 rounds and still seem like he had more energy to burn. This sort of subhuman ability garnered him a lot of focus in the boxing world; however, sadly, Malik was never able to capitalize by winning a championship (going 0-3 in championship bouts in his career). During his tenure, Rivers compiled a strong 35-10 record as a professional boxer; however, in recent years “The Freak” has seen his high-profile name start to fall behind the new crop of fighters. By the end of 2012, Rivers could barely make it onto a televised bout without having to face a new up-and-comer with a growing name.

Thus far, there’s been little interest shown to the 34-year old boxer but there are several insiders who believe Deadly Overloaded Action may be making a play for the known fighter. In a brief conversation with DOA owner and Arcadia executive Jensen Tarver, the “Wonder Kid” didn’t stray away from the possibility: “We would love to work with ‘The Freak’. He’s an amazing talent!”

Time will tell as to where
will wind up. Stay tuned and we’ll relay any information that comes our way.

TAGS:
Malik Rivers – The Freak – DOA – Jensen Tarver – Arcadia

<hr color="black">

© 2014 All Rights Reserved. PowerhouseNews.com is a property of Powerhouse Media, LLC.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PWH%20News/PWHNews_zps48c1507f.jpg

RUMOR: DEADLY OVERLOADED ACTION 'BLOWING THROUGH MONEY' ALREADY

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PWH%20News/SeanRivers_zpsa2333c38.jpg

Several insiders within Deadly Overloaded Action are claiming that the upstart promotion may have had a terrible first month financially. While we’ve heard varying degrees, one source claimed that the Arcadia-owned company lost just under a quarter of a million dollars in March. If this is true, there’s no way that DOA will be able to survive 2014 in its current form.

The same insiders have stated that company officials are waiting to see what April looks like due to the implementation of their first pay-per-view event “Survival of the Fearless.” If their financial turnout is stronger this month, then it’s expected that company officials may turn to a more traditional schedule and offer a monthly PPV (versus 4 a year). This would change the initial approach quite drastically; however, in which to stay alive, DOA may need to adapt to the current trend of wrestling production.

More information to come…

TAGS:
DOA – Arcadia – Jensen Tarver

<hr color="black">

© 2014 All Rights Reserved. PowerhouseNews.com is a property of Powerhouse Media, LLC.

I think your presentation is my favorite part. I really enjoy the formatting; makes it easy on the eyes when reading.

Thank you, WxRobbie!

I like to take each dynasty as if I'm creating a true wrestling company. This means both the show, the world around it, and the characters that build within it. Sadly, since I don't have the ability to actually book/write a real wrestling TV show, I'm forced to try to make my writing 'jump off the page'. That's where the visuals come into play. I try my hardest to make sure that my readers, Dead-Heads in this case, have everything they need to create an image in their head of what they'd see/hear/watch.

Plus, as a created company, further work has to be done to create a culture that personifies the company you're booking. There has to be a vibe/feel/underlying feel that you get when you read the shows (as you would feel when you watched WWE/TNA/etc).

I'm glad it's been appealing to you thus far! :)

Think i'll take a nap in this thread, wake me when E-V gets back.

You won't have to nap much longer. When I get home later today, I plan on pushing out the next card since my wife will be away for a bit.

You won't have to nap much longer. When I get home later today, I plan on pushing out the next card since my wife will be away for a bit.

While the wife's away, EV can play :D Loving the diary and looking forward to the next show... I'd like to thank you sincerely for your DOTM vote by the way... Really appreciate it :D

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/THISWEEKPNG_zps8c9f1997.png

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/EDETS_zps4e81f56a.jpg
EPISODE #:

WEEK DATE:
1st Thursday of April 2014

RUN-TIME:
60 Minutes

MAIN EVENT:
Akima Brave vs. Greg Black

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/Spotlight_zps02065cf6.jpg
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PNG/AkimaBrave_zps0caf32ea.png
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/PNG/GregBlack_zpsf8e97f61.png

AKIMA BRAVE vs. GREG BLACK

"Part II"

The last time these two went head-to-head, their highly contested match ended in controversy. Akima Brave looked as though he was on victory’s door with a beautiful belly-to-back overhead suplex into a pinning situation; however, upon the descent of the move, it was Brave’s head who also hit the canvas hard. This moment of dizziness caused both men to keep their shoulders on the mat; ending in a shocking double pinfall draw.

Since then, the two have met in tag team action and even within the unforgiving hell that is the “Fatal Five” steel cage match. That said, a true one-on-one affair has evaded them… until now. Understanding the importance of a ‘true winner’ amongst these two DOA standouts, officials have stepped forward and booked the highly anticipated re-match for THIS WEEK on DOA “Rapid Assault.”

Will we find yet another outcome that screams of controversy – OR- will we finally be able to label one as the true victor? That remains to be seen.

Tune into DOA “Rapid Assault” THIS WEEK to witness… Akima Brave… vs. … Greg Black… Part II!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/RACard_zps226f3af4.jpg
Acid
w/ Rebel Barbi
vs.
"THE BLAZING RED DEMON"
Johnny Vicious

[standard Singles Match]

Death Row vs. Pain & Reign

[Non-Title Match]

[standard Tag Team Match]

El Arma Mortal vs. Kazuma Narato vs. Red Razor

[Triple Threat Match]

"THE KOA WARRIOR"
Akima Brave vs.
"NO JOKE"
Greg Black
w/ Carl Batch

[standard Singles Match

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/LIVE_zps4356d275.png

Acid w/ Rebel Barbi vs. "THE BLAZING RED DEMON" Johnny Vicious

[standard Singles Match]

although, I love Johnny, Acid is way too over.

[Non-Title Match]

I can't see you giving P&R a win in a non title match

[Triple Threat Match]

EAM is more over.

"THE KOA WARRIOR" Akima Brave vs. "NO JOKE" Greg Black w/ Carl Batch

[standard Singles Match]

My own preference.

[standard Singles Match]

Acid, he needs the win to stay strong. Sorry Johnny.

[Non-Title Match]

Death Row will continue to roll. Cheating like always.

[Triple Threat Match]]

I expect the match will fall down to a count out or dq, but i think in the end Akima will stand tall.

[standard Singles Match

[standard Singles Match]

[Non-Title Match]

[Triple Threat Match]

[standard Singles Match

[standard Singles Match]

[Non-Title Match]

[Triple Threat Match]

[standard Singles Match

[standard Singles Match]

[Non-Title Match]

[Triple Threat Match]

[standard Singles Match]

I have no clue since this could and should go either way, so I stuck with the lefthand theme.

[standard Singles Match]

As said by yourself, Mr. Vicious has far less push in this diary. If areas were turned off, you could have Matt "Bruiser" Vicious tag with Johnny as "Overloaded Action".

[Non-Title Match]

Champs stay strong, though P&R is good together.

[Triple Threat Match]

Naruto is still more over than Mortal or Razor, its easy to forget due to recent fortunes

[standard Singles Match]

Black was eliminated by Brave on PPV, so it makes sense the two even up the feud here.

[standard Singles Match]

[Non-Title Match]

[Triple Threat Match]

[standard Singles Match

[standard Singles Match]

[Non-Title Match]

[Triple Threat Match]

[standard Singles Match

[standard Singles Match]

Rebel Barbi, Rebel Barbi, Rebel Barbi, you are the queen of my world! (Doesn't rhyme, so what?)

[Non-Title Match]

Death Row are more over, they're the champs, and have name value from their SWF stint.

[Triple Threat Match]

[standard Singles Match]

Big fan of High Concept, so you know whom I'm going with here.

[standard Singles Match]

[Non-Title Match]

[Triple Threat Match]

[standard Singles Match

[standard Singles Match]

[Non-Title Match]

[Triple Threat Match]

[standard Singles Match

[standard Singles Match]

Acid is doing more... then again this is the first time that we see Johnny so guess that was kind of obvious statement :p

[Non-Title Match]

Non-title so I go with possibly challengers picking a win.

[Triple Threat Match]

El Arma has been the most impressive from these three so far.

[standard Singles Match

Could go either way and could even be another draw but I go with Brave simply because Parker is the champ and Brave would be better challenger to him than Black.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/News_zpsbb25b355.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Misc/SotF_zps4035c32b.jpg

Call your pay-per-view provider right now and don’t miss out as Deadly Overloaded Action brings you “Survival of the Fearless” LIVE from the DOA Arena in Chicago, Illinois. For the first time since our inception, Deadly Overloaded Action is presenting a one nigh only pay-per-view event that will truly rock the wrestling industry to its very core. 8-men will be selected to compete in the inaugural “Survival of the Fearless” tournament for which the winner will be granted a DOA Championship opportunity of their choosing. To get there though, the winner will have to survive one of
the
most dangerous nights in professional wrestling history!

A night filled with no rules will come to define WHO will be first in line for Steven Parker’s DOA Championship. In reality though, given the violent nature of the event, will the winner have anything left in the tank to compete for the prized title; let alone continue their wrestling career?

The war begins in just 4 weeks…

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Dot%20Com/WebsiteBottom_zpsc2a5660c.jpg

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/LAX_Wrestling/Logos/Yourewatching_zpsd6811a14.jpg

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/LAX_Wrestling/Logos/2ndPNGLogo_zps2dd53051.png

EPISODE #5

Thursday, 1st Week of April 2014

DOA Arena || Great-Lakes

||
||
||

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj520/LAX_Wrestling/MISC/Lineup_zpsbd9bde94.jpg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/COMMEN_zpsbf9d3e97.jpg

Samuel Curran:
Do you HEAR that ovation?
[Crowd roaring in the background]
That’s right, there’s only ONE wrestling show that can rile you up like that… It’s DOA “Rapid Assault!”
[Pauses]
We’re back for another week of LIVE, in your face, action and boy-o-boy do we have one hell of a show set up for you tonight!

Alex Braun:
It was a few weeks ago that Akima Brave and Greg Black first squared off against one another. In that match, we didn't find a clear winner... Instead, we found controversy with a double pinfall. Tonight, we can change ALL of that with a re-match between the two! That's right... We've got Akima Brave vs. Greg Black Part II!

Samuel Curran:
We also have the DOA Tag Team Champions Death Row© LIVE in action against the brutish Pain & Reign. The titles AREN'T on the line but honestly, I don't think that will matter. These two teams have been on a collision course for WEEKS and we're finally going to see the two teams clash!

Alex Braun:
Also, a week after winning the DOA Championship, Steven Parker© is set to come out and address the fans. I'm SURE that won't go over so well...

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Angles/ErnieTurner_zps9c68231e.jpg

BACKSTAGE ANNOUNCEMENT

INVOLVED:
Ernie Turner

"TV History”

[The first segment of the night presents the familiar sight of DOA journalist Ernie Turner standing before a blackened DOA backdrop (much like the company’s logo). As always, Turner has a rather abrasive vibe to his persona. He feels more like a UFC interviewer than a wrestling one; if that makes sense. Seconds later, the raspy tone of Turner’s smoker-influenced voice overtakes the broadcast.]

[Ernie Turner]:
Last week, we crowned the first-EVER DOA Champion when Steven Parker pinned Akima Brave with the “Future Shock.” Now, let’s be honest… A lot of us can’t stand Parker. That’s evident by the boos we’ve heard over the last few weeks. Well, that doesn’t really matter in the end. He’s the champ and that’s that; at least until someone can put him on his back for a 3 count.
[Pauses]
But, there IS something that you CAN change…
[smirks]
and, in some ways, it’s JUST as historic as the big title itself, the DOA Championship.
[Pauses]
I just got off the phone with company officials and they have one HELL of an idea stirred up…
[Pauses]
Next week, LIVE on “Rapid Assault”, we’re going to have yet ANOTHER Championship match. This time around… It’ll be for the newly created… Deadly Overloaded Action Television Championship!
[Pauses; smirks]
That’s right… A new title has come to DOA and, this time around, YOU’RE going to get to say WHO competes for the belt…

[Turner pauses as he continues forth with his abrasive energy.]

[Ernie Turner]:
The ‘big suits’ KNOW that wrestling is JUST as much about you as it is about the competitors; so, they wanted to ‘put the power BACK in your hands’ RIGHT… after… “Rapid Assault” goes off the air tonight.
[Pauses]
The second we fade to black, turn to your DOA app, log in, and vote for the top three wrestlers YOU would like to see in this match.
[Pauses]
You’ll EVEN get to choose the match type…
[smirks]
How’s THAT for a little control?

[Parker chuckles to himself in a raspy fashion]

[Ernie Turner]:
YOU… control the fate of the DOA Television Championship…
[Pauses]
Think it through… don’t leave ANY stone left unturned…
[Pauses]
You have the chance to change the course of someone’s career; making HISTORY in the process as we crown our FIRST-EVER TV Champion.
[Pauses]
So who will it be? Which THREE MEN will you choose to do battle NEXT WEEK?

[With that, Turner pauses once again; sporting his dirty smirk upon his face (gold tooth showing). From there, we return to the ringside area.]

GRADE:
D

Samuel Curran:
WHOA!

Alex Braun:
The DOA Officials aren’t going to let “Rapid Assault” become stale, now are they?
[Laughs]
A new title… a fan vote…
[Nods his head]
I can’t wait!

Samuel Curran:
DOA Officials are putting the power in YOUR hands, America. What will YOU do with it?

Alex Braun:
Choose wisely!

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Singles Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
Rebel Barbi w/ Acid

• Johnny Vicious is psychotic. Like “someone needs to tie him down” psychotic. As the bell rings, the “Blazing Red Demon” explodes across the ring and violently lays into Acid; much to the crowd’s excitement.

• Acid isn’t one to take this attack lying down though. With time, he evens the score with a face-plant off the ropes. Seconds later, a standing stiff kick to the back of a kneeling Vicious sends the “Demon” crashing to the canvas again.

• Acid attempts a tangled submission, utilizing the ring ropes for leverage; however, before he can, Vicious breaks free and drops the mysterious flier with a stiff spiking DDT.

• The match even spills outside of the ring as the two brawl. This is until Acid takes control with a flipping attack off the apron; crashing into Vicious as he stands on the outside.

• Back in the ring, Johnny looks as though he could be gearing up for a potential win when Acid turns the tides with a BIG uppercut (from his knee all the way up).

• A staggered Vicious attempts to take flight by landing a cross body splash but Acid ducks out of the way. Moments later, BAM… “Acid Rain Bomb” (Sit-Down Powerbomb) and it’s all over.

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
Acid via pinfall

ENDING MANEUVER:
“Acid Rain Bomb” (Sit-Down Powerbomb)

ENDING TIME:
6:07

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
These two practically ripped each other’s HEADS off here…

Alex Braun:
There’s a familiarity between these two; even though, to my record, this is the first time they’ve met. I don’t know if Vicious is ALWAYS this heated BUT he brought everything he HAD in there. Acid just… well… had more…

Samuel Curran:
This turns Acid’s recent losing streak around as well; something that will please Rebel Barbi no doubt.

[b}Alex Braun:
[/b]
That loss to Matthew Keith on the opening broadcast of “Rapid Assault” set him back a bit BUT a win like this brings him back toward the middle. I’d SAY we’ll see if he can keep it up but I know he can. I’ve spent TOO much time with this psycho NOT to doubt what he’ll do to get back to the top.

Samuel Curran:
He does seem… a little… off…

Alex Braun:
Boy… You haven’t seen NOTHIN’ yet…

[As Steven Parker’s generic rock theme overtakes the ringside area, the first-EVER DOA Champion is showered with what can be described as a ‘mixed reaction’. The dominate tone is that of negativity; treating Parker as the heel he is. That said, there is a small pocket of fans, most likely smarks, who are actually heard cheering for the recent heir to the “Traditionalist” name.]

[Once in the ring, Eric Tyler is the first to grab the microphone as he stands before a booing crowd. Meanwhile, Steven Parker is shown standing in the background with his shiny championship belt resting comfortably upon his right shoulder. The look on his face is that of smug confidence; knowing that he IS the benchmark of Deadly Overloaded Action.]

[Eric Tyler]:
I told you so…

[The crowd boos as Tyler stands in stern defiance]

[Eric Tyler]:
I told you WEEKS ago that this men behind me would become the first-EVER DOA Champion. And what did you do? You booed him like some classless hoard of degenerates.
[Pauses; crowd boos]
Well, it doesn’t matter what you think… now then… and definitely not now…
[Pauses]
Allow me to introduce to you… My personal choice as the new “Traditionalist”… He IS the “Benchmark” in professional wrestling today… THE… DOA Champion… Steven… Parker!

[Again, there’s a mixed reaction (more so heavily upon the boos) as Steven Parker steps forward and accepts the microphone from his manager. Looking out upon the crowd, Parker continues forth with the smug demeanor; however, with slightly more of an aggressive tone underneath it all. It can be heard in his tone as he looks like a man who TRULY has a chip on his shoulder.]

[steven Parker]:
Boo all you want… it won’t change anything…
[Crowd grows louder]
It won’t take away the fact that I not only survived the “Fatal Five” steel cage match but dominated at every turn… It won’t take away the “Future Shock” that Akima Brave suffered…
[Pauses; the next line he speaks slowly]
It won’t take away… THIS… championship belt…
[Parker pauses as he smirks; the crowd boos]
To you all, this looks like I waltzed in here, an unknown, and won the DOA Championship as if out of nowhere. But, what you don’t know is… I’ve been breaking my back for years now, training under the biggest names, ALL with the knowledge that someday… I would stand before you all…
[Pauses; smirks]
EXACTLY… as I am today… As the true “Benchmark” in professional wrestling…
[Pauses; crowd boos]
Again, you can boo all you want because it doesn’t take that truth away…
[Pauses]
No one can come CLOSE to lacing up MY boots; not a single man out there has the skill that I do.
[Pauses]
One-by-one… You can come challenge me… and one-by-one… I’ll beat your [CENSOR] a$$ like you were nothing more than a curtain jerker.
[Pauses; crowd boos]
Don’t believe me? Try…
[Pauses]
Try to size up to the true “Benchmark” and I’ll expose you like the talentless HACK you really are…

[As Parker smirks square into the camera lens, sending a message to anyone and EVERYONE out there (regardless of where they work or what continent they compete on), the sound of Akima Brave’s theme music overtakes the squared circle. It starts with war drums leading into a hard-hitting rock song; a scenario that drives a really good vibe as he enters the ringside area.]

[As is customary, Akima stomps his way out of the back with a sense of aggression to every step. With his trademark snarl upon his face, the “KOA Warrior” quickly overtakes the squared circle as he carries a mic already in hand.]

[He goes straight to Parker as the two men meet nose-to-nose. This is where Akima raises the microphone sideways to his mouth; within 6 inches of the DOA Champion’s face.]

[Akima Brave]:
I’m here…
[snarl grows larger]
Let’s see if I’m a curtain jerker, you motha-[CENSOR]…

[The rabid, and obviously inebriated, DOA Dead-Heads roar with excitement as there’s a heavy dose of tension in the ring. Parker doesn’t bat an eye though. He stands his ground and raises HIS microphone up as well.]

[steven Parker]:
I don’t need to beat you
AGAIN
to make that obvious…

[Akima’s free hand rolls firmly into a fist; almost shaking with energy. Meanwhile, his snarl grows even stronger as he violently throws his microphone down onto the canvas below; creating a feedback noise for the crowd.]

[The DOA Dead-Heads grow with excitement as Parker slowly drops his microphone as well; neither man breaking tense eye-contact with one another. That said, before a fight can break out, we’re all of a sudden interrupted by the sound of Greg Black’s theme music overtaking the ringside area.]

[The DOA Arena puts forth a response of annoyance as it seems they were gearing up for a fight. That said, this doesn’t stop Carl Batch from barking through his lit cigar immediately upon walking through the entrance curtain. As he does so, Greg Black stands stone-faced behind him as they both remain at the top of the rampawy.]

[Carl Batch]:
Whoa… Whoa… Whoa…
[Pauses]
Pump ya breaks, playa.
[Pauses]
Who the HELL do you think you are; coming out here disrespecting my client like that?

[There’s a sense of confusion as to what he meant.]

[Carl Batch]:
You THINK you can just go right ahead and challenge the DOA Champion when you ALREADY have a match here tonight?
[shakes his head]
Nah, it don’t work like that. You’re overlooking someone…
[Pauses]
Someone who’s going to break EVERY bone in your body before you can even GET to Steven Parker.
[Pauses; turns and points at Greg Black]
… That man is my client…
THE
Greg Black… Ya hear me?

[Carl takes a puff of his cigar as he looks down upon Akima Brave who has now slowly moved away from Parker to look at Black from afar.]

[Carl Batch]:
You can dream, I’ll give ya that, Brave. That DOA Championship is a shiny little possession, ‘aint it?
[Pauses]
Thing is… You can’t challenge for a belt when you’re in the hospital… and that’s EXACTLY where Mr. Black is sending you tonight.
[Pauses; smirks with his cigar in his mouth]
You gear up,
Warrior
[sarcastic in tone]
Get ya mind right…
[Pauses]
Because I’m goin’ to garun-damn-tee you that YOU don’t walk out of this Arena on your own two feet tonight. Let THAT be a warnin’ to you…

[With that, Greg Black’s theme starts up yet again as the DOA Dead-Heads try to overpower it with boos. Meanwhile, Steven Parker stands in between Greg Black (at the entrance) and Steven Parker/Eric Tyler on the other side of the ring from him. He looks back and forth slowly, making it obvious that he’s going after BOTH men; however, tonight, it’s about “No Joke” Greg Black than chasing the DOA Championship.]

[ultimately, the scene comes to a close with that sight of Akima looking back and forth slowly. This is topped by Steven Parker slowly raising the DOA Championship on high as he looks at Brave; letting him, and everyone, know that HE is the “Benchmark”.]

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
WHAT a tangled web they weave…
[Pauses]
Akima Brave wants Steven Parker but, before he can get there, he has Greg Black standing in his way. I didn’t think we could have MORE tension added to tonight’s main event but, alas, here we go!

Alex Braun:
Whether we like it or not, Steven Parker IS the “Benchmark” here in Deadly Overloaded Action because he carries the strap. Now, is he the benchmark in ALL of professional wrestling? I’m not sure about that. We’ve got to see more from him to make a claim like that. Overall though, Brave and Black have even MORE reason to beat the living HELL out of each other tonight. That means we’ve got one HELL of a main event coming!

Samuel Curran:
We REALLY do!

[The next segment that’s shown is a masterfully produced hype video that feels more like a documentary than a simple wrestling recap. Utilizing old family footage of both Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler, as well as current day video footage of the rundown neighborhood in Chicago for which they were raised, a narrative begins to form that the Ring Generals truly come from humble beginnings in the “Windy City.” Documenting their early days as high school wrestlers, showing trophies both had won for the same school they both attended, the narrative also points out that these two have been lifelong friends; if not brothers in a way. Their early days of pro wrestling training is also documented and, as all of this footage is shown, we get snapshots of the two men returning to their childhood homes. Eventually, while seated in Waldorf’s family dining room, 70’s inspired from wall to wall, we hear from the two men; brief but to the point.]

[DeanWaldorf]:
We didn’t start wrestling to keep busy… We did it to win…

[Marv Statler]:
That’s what we’re going to do in DOA…

[Dean Waldorf]:
… or we’ll break our backs tryin’…

[To the point, these blue collar Midwestern boys look to be a true microcosm of the world for which they grew up in. Now, as adults, they look to continue on the way they’ve always known… the way they’ll always be… “Chicago Strong.]

GRADE:
E+

Samuel Curran:
Above all, these guys are truly authentic. They know where they came from, they’ve never left this great city, and now they’re focused on bringing their brand of blue collar wrestling to Deadly Overloaded Action.

Alex Braun:
Yea, there’s no bells and whistles with these guys. If you’re looking for showmanship then you’re just not going to get that with these two. Nah, they’re old school as old school can be. Tough… hard-headed… and dedicated to their craft. They were raised right; that’s obvious.

Samuel Curran:
If they can keep this up, there’s no telling what they’ll be able to accomplish.

Alex Braun:
With their talent level, drive, and dedication… You’re right… They could REALLY make a difference before this is all said and done.

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Tag Team Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
N/A

• This match pits the tale of two big men tag teams who project two different vibes. Death Row feel more seedy in their nature. They’re dirty, rough, and easy to take the ‘low road’ if it means victory. Meanwhile, Pain & Reign are your quintessential powerhouse teams. They’re corn-fed midwesternerns with more of a ‘tough man competition’ builds.

• As the match opens, both teams look to prove they’re the dominant of the two using the very same tool: power. This creates a heavy-hitting culture that resembles two strong bucks slamming into one another at all opportunities.

• Eventually, Pain & Reign seems to win this battle when it comes to pure power. This pulls Shady to grab his DOA Tag Championship and attempt to use it as a weapon to even the score (as we’ve seen him do in the past). Unluckily, for him, he never gets the chance to use it. As he goes to do so, Dozer spears him into next week; knocking the wind out of him royally in the process.

• Back in the ring, Tank has Roach on his heels after a BIG ring-rattling Spinebuster. Seconds later, the combination of Dozer & Tank knock Roach into next week with their signature “Knocked Into Next Week” (High power closeline/spear combo).

• Shady can’t break up the pinfall in enough time. Pain & Reign picks up the non-title win!

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
Pain & Reign via pinfall

ENDING PINFALL:
Tank pinned Roach

ENDING MANEUVER:
“Knocked Into Next Week” (High Power Closeline/Spear Combo)

ENDING TIME:
6:47

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
Pain & Reign has done it! They’ve put a loss on Death Row for the FIRST TIME in a DOA ring.

Alex Braun:
It was bound to happen at some point. These guys (Dozer & Tank), they’ve got something to them. It’s that raw… corn-fed power…
[Nods his head]
Like a pair of defensive tackles slamming into anything and everything at full speed.

Samuel Curran:
You HAVE to think that DOA Officials will give them a title shot after this win, right?

Alex Braun:
There’s NO way around it. They HAVE to now!

Samuel Curran:
Are we looking at the team who can dethrone Death Row as DOA Tag Team Champions?

Alex Braun:
There’s a GOOD chance of it…

[We transition backstage once again in which to witness a slow pan-up from a pair of black high heels, up a slender leg, over a sexy red dress, as we eventually see this beautiful body belongs to none other than Amy Roberts. With a smirk upon her face, one that ‘sells sex’ without needing to be explicit, the “Blonde Bombshell” stands with the abrasive personality that is DOA journalist Ernie Turner.]

[Ernie Turner]:
It was just a few weeks ago that this lovely lady next to me shocked the WORLD when she dropped her heels, put her hair back, and went RIGHT… AFTER… the “rebellious vixen” in Rebel Barbi.
[Nods his head; smirks]
Honestly, I don’t think ANYONE thought you had it IN you, Amy!
[Pauses as he looks at her]
What finally pushed you to act out as you did?

[Amy smirks playfully as she licks her lips before speaking. It’s not that she’s being overly sexy; that’s just who she is.]

[Amy Roberts]:
I couldn’t stand another moment of Rebel Barbi THINKING she controlled me. She told me to stay away; that I would be ‘sorry’ if I didn’t stay away. Well, Barbi…
[she says sarcastically]
I d…

[Amy’s delivery is rather uninspiring but her beauty makes up for it and then some. That said, we don’t get to hear much more than this as, seconds later, the amazingly beautiful Roberts is violently overrun by another female figure.]

[As the camera man stabilizes the shot, we see, pretty quickly, that her attacker is none other than Rebel Barbi. Meanwhile, as the “rebellious vixen” stomps the living hell out of the fallen Roberts, the crazed Acid is shown standing by as he slowly turns his head in a primal-like fashion.]

[After a short beating, Barbi reaches down and actually uses a pair of scissors to cut her dress off of her from the back. Then, pulling the garment away, Amy is left lying face down in a humiliated fashion. Meanwhile, her entire backside, sans a black thong, is shown to the camera lens.]

[Rebel Barbi]:
There you GO you sl*t…
[stomps on her back]
Now everyone will see you as you REALLY are…

[Out of nowhere, the consummate ‘good guy’ in Clark Alexander is shown running onto the scene to help the fallen Roberts. He doesn’t engage Acid in a brawl or anything. Instead, he kneels down next to Amy as, being the good guy he is, asks if she’s okay. Sadly, for his good Samaritan ways, Clark is eventually KO’ed by a stiff kick by Acid square to the back of the “Hawaiian Thunder’s” neck/head. Upon impact, Alexander falls off to the side, now joining the shocked Roberts.]

[Rebel Barbi, laughing to herself, walks off the scene with Acid in tow. Meanwhile, Clark Alexander is KO’ed and, to his side, Amy Roberts is trying to recover from her own attack; trying to cover up as best as she can.]

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
That was unnecessary… All of it…
[shakes his head]
Amy Roberts came to Deadly Overloaded Action with hopes of giving back to the fans that have loved her all of these years and THIS is what she gets? Rebel Barbi is disgusting… She should be ashamed of herself!

Alex Braun:
Clark Alexander got caught in the crosshairs as well here. He’s one of those guys that’s ALWAYS looking to help. That’s what he came to do and Acid practically knocked his head off with an ugly kick to the back of his head!

Samuel Curran:
No one should be humiliated like THIS on national television…

Alex Braun:
Yea… It’s pretty low by Barbi…

MATCH TYPE:
Triple Threat Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
N/A

• All three competitors analyze their opponents from afar as the bell rings. Before long though, the match opens with all three dancing around in a circle; waiting to lock up. It carries a Lucha-like feel in this regard.

• The initial lockup is a three-way affair. This generates some acrobatic spots amongst all three; however, is eventually overcome by El Arma Mortal with a stiff kick to the chests of Narato & Razor.

• This is an open match from the very start with each man getting their due. At one point, it looks like Narato may win after a Taka-driver in the middle of the ring on Red Razor. This pinfall is broken up by Mortal though with a running low-dropkick to the head of Narato.

• Later, another spot is made possible by El Arma Mortal & Narato standing on the outside; shaken a bit. This gives Red Razor the ability to take flight with a top rope crossbody block to the outside. He crashes atop both men; riling up the rabid DOA Dead-Heads in the process.

• In the end though, after a back-and-forth, highly contested affair, it’s El Arma Mortal who comes away with the win after hitting a dazed Red Razor with his signature “La Marcha de la Muerte” (Cradle DDT). Kazuma tries to break the count; however, it’s not quick enough. El Arma Mortal picks up the win.

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
El Arma Mortal via pinfall

ENDING MANEUVER:
“La Marcha de la Muerte” (Cradle DDT)

ENDING TIME:
9:19

GRADE:
D

Samuel Curran:
El Arma Mortal continues to impress here in Deadly Overloaded Action!

Alex Braun:
Little is known about this guy but, so far, we DO know one thing… He’s one HELL of a fighter.

Samuel Curran:
Red Razor will probably need a concussion evaluation after that move!

Alex Braun:
Yea… He’s STILL not moving.

Samuel Curran:
Sky’s the limit for this guy. I just hope, over time, we get to know the man UNDER the mask as well…

Alex Braun:
Something tells me that he’s not the kind of guy who WANTS us to know him…

[Just before the main event, we are now presented a 3-minute hype video depicting the tense nature that is the Akima Brave/Greg Black feud. Utilizing dramatic music lightly underneath the footage, the video shows highlights from their first match against one another; ending with the controversial double pinfall at the end of it all. Ultimately, their post-match argument with Matthew White is shown and the overall feel is that we’re FINALLY going to find a legit winner TONIGHT! Freezing on the final image of the two staring each other down nose-to-nose, Carl Batch barking in the background, is what we’re left with as the anticipation mounts to a fevered pitch. The time has come… WHO…will… win?!]

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
We’ve been waiting for weeks now. The last time Akima Brave and Greg Black went one-on-one it ended in controversial fashion. Tonight, all of that goes by the wayside. We’re going to GET a clear cut winner tonight; I have a feeling. Who will it be though?

Alex Braun:
It could go either way, honestly. Both of these men are more the capable to walk away with the win tonight. I can’t wait to see this one again.

Samuel Curran:
There’s NO more waiting. Black… Brave… Part II… and it starts… right… NOW!

[There is an air of chaos backstage as we receive a shaky-camera view just outside of the locker room area. After several unnamed roadies speed into the room, the camera man follows in which to see said locker room in absolute disarray. Bags are open, clothes sprawled everywhere, lockers turned over, the wall is busted in, and it appears that a table in the corner is on fire. Quickly, the roadies we saw before use a nearby extinguisher to put out the flames; however, upon doing so, we now notice a crude smiley face spray painted directly above where the flame once roared.]

[As the smoke begins to rise toward the ceiling, we see a number of DOA wrestlers who were in the room before the roadies entered. Hearing a conversation off to their right, the camera man quickly spins to see “The Fist” Marco Moretti glaring over at Matthew Keith as he leans up against the wall; smirking as always.]

[Marco Moretti]:
Wipe that punk-a$$ smirk off ya face… I know it was you…

[Matthew Keith]:
Yea… cause I just can’t HELP myself when it comes to fire…

[Keith rolls his eyes as he scoffs to himself. His previous statement was dripping in sarcasm.]

[This enrages Marco Moretti, known for his short fuse, as he stomps over toward the lazy Keith.]

[Marco Moretti]:
You talkin’ back?

[Matthew continues to lean up against the wall; showing no signs of fear. Instead, he chomps away at his gum as he projects that trademark smirk of his.]

[Matthew Keith]:
Believe me, I’d RATHER not talk to you if I had a choice in the matter…

[Moretti looks as though he’s ready for a fight; however, just then, Amore steps in front of him in which to bring him to a halt. It looks as though Amore has some sort of power over the man they call “The Fist.” It’s in her strong demeanor; that she’s not to be messed with.]

[Placing her hand upon his chest, she calmly speaks directly to him. Meanwhile, Moretti is locked in a stare toward Keith.]

[Amore]:
It’s not worth it… not here…

[Amore now spins around as she places the back of her body square upon against Marco. In doing so, she smirks as she looks over toward the equally confident Keith.]

[Amore]:
It appears you’ve pissed off Marco… Tisk… Tisk…
[shakes her head and smirks]
That’s a bad move, Matthew…

[Matthew Keith]:
Is it?
[Matthew steps away from the wall as he continues to project a lazy cool feel about him. That said, he walks straight up to the two of them; unafraid]
You tell your meat… That I don’t really give a damn whether or not he’s pissed off… got me?

[Marco looks as though he wants to explode with anger. That said, Amore keeps him at bay somehow.]

[Amore]:
How about you back that up in the ring… next week…

[Matthew Keith]:
It’ll be my pleasure…

[Keith smirks as he looks toward Amore now; versus the steaming Moretti.]

[Matthew Keith]:
See you next week…

[Matthew blows a kiss to Amore shortly before slowly shuffling out of the room. In doing so, Marco looks as though he’s about ready to knock his head off. That said, as before, Amore stops him by spinning around and looking him square in the eye. After a quick love pat across his jaw, the smirking beauty walks past Moretti as she runs her fingernail across his chest. While reluctant at first, Marco follows as the two leave the ransacked locker room area through another doorway.]

GRADE:
D+

Samuel Curran:
Who destroyed the locker room area? What was that smiley face all about?
[Keeps on going; getting more shocked]
Then we’ve got Marco Moretti and Matthew Keith set up for next week now?! What the HELL just happened there!

Alex Braun:
Moretti was looking for a fight. Even HE knows that Keith didn’t do that but that doesn’t matter to him. He’s ALWAYS looking for an excuse to knock someone’s block off. Fortunately, for everyone back there, Amore seems to have “The Fist” on a tight leash…

Samuel Curran:
All that destruction… I can only imagine what the bill is going to look like after ALL of that. I wonder who DID all of that?

Alex Braun:
Beats me? Rebel Barbi and Acid? They seem like a likely couple from what I’ve seen…

Samuel Curran:
I guess it’s a possibility? I’m sure DOA Officials will have the Chicago PD looking into this. There’s a chance, when it’s all said and done, they may even want to press charges. That’s vandalizing company property; not to mention a number of the wrestler’s properties as well!

Alex Braun:
I’m guessing the boys will find out who it is before they do… but I don’t expect for them to go to the police about it. It’ll be an in-house matter. They’ll punish whoever did this the only way they know how… fists and boots…

MATCH TYPE:
Standard Singles Match; First Pinfall/Submission

TIME LIMIT:
N/A

REFEREE:
Matthew White

AT RINGSIDE:
Carl Batch w/ Greg Black

• The opening collar and elbow tie up has an extra sense of oomph behind it. The two wage a war much like two powerful bucks locking horns; neither man giving way as they twist and turn their bodies with great power. Eventually, the hold would break as the two end up in the corner and Matthew White steps in to break it up. Seconds later, Greg Black knees Akima in the stomach in what’s seen as a ‘dirty move’.

• Greg Black takes this chance to put Akima on his heels and ultimately keeps him that way for a few minutes. At one point, it looks as though Akima is surging back but, moments later, Greg brings the “KOA Warrior” back to the canvas with a snap headtoss into a modified sleeper.

• Another minute goes by as Akima finally breaks the sleeper by pulling himself to his feet and dropping Greg Black onto the canvas with a side belly-to-back-suplex. That said, the impact takes a lot out of Akima as well (pushing through the submission hold) and both men stay lying down in dramatic fashion.

• Carl Batch is shown slamming his fist on the canvas from ringside as he barks through the thick cigar in his mouth. He’s doing his best to get Black up & ready to fight again.

• Akima’s the first to his feet; however, the first to fall once again after Greg Black reverses a belly-to-belly overhead suplex. Instead, after a round of headbutts, Black drops Akima with a snap DDT.

• Another choke-based submission is used; however, this time around, Akima is able to break free by grabbing the nearby ring ropes. As you’d expect though, Black is almost DQ’ed when he doesn’t let go of said submission hold until WELL after Matthew White’s count.

• Just when it looks like Akima is reeling, the “KOA Warrior” shows sign of a powerful second wind. Like a man possessed, he pushes through the pain and starts to steamroll Greg Black at every turn.

• A running shoulder block sends Greg crashing to the canvas. He tries to exit the ring but Akima pulls him back in by his feet. Again, Black tries to one-up the situation with an Enziguri BUT Akima ducks it. Seconds later, a belly-to-back suplex is used by Akima Brave. He goes for the pin MUCH like we saw their last match end in controversy…

• … This time Greg Black kicks out at 2 1/2 .

• Akima Brave looks good but showing signs of being depleted himself.

• The “KOA Warrior” looks like he may be gearing up for his top rope Samoan headbutt. That said, as he dives downward, Greg Black moves… and Akima slams face-first into the canvas!

• Greg quickly goes for the pin but only gets a 2 count out of it.

• In the end, as both men look dazed, Carl Batch is shown stepping up onto the apron and barking like a madman; cigar in hand this time. Seeing this, Matthew White instantly turns and ‘tosses him out’ for doing so.

• Batch raises a stink but eventually jumps down; not after yelling in White’s face for a bit though.

• It’s ALL part of a plan though…

• As Akima goes for a suplex on Greg Black, the hardened “No Joke” wrestler lands an ugly low blow; kicking the “KOA Warrior” HARD between the legs.

• Akima drops to his knees instantly; obviously in pain.

• Greg then swoops in and forces him back to his feet… lifts him up… BOOM!

• “Fade to Black” (Standing Suplex shifted into a stunner)!

• Akima’s body goes motionless as Greg Black climbs atop him.

• Carl Batch is already halfway up the rampway, smirking with his cigar in his mouth, as Greg Black gets the final 3 count.

<hr color="black">
WINNER:
Greg Black via pinfall

ENDING MANEUVER:
“Fade to Black” (Standing Suplex shifted into a Stunner)

ENDING TIME:
12:15

GRADE:
C-

Samuel Curran:
There’s NO honor in THAT win… NONE what so ever! We were looking for a clear cut winner tonight and all we got was Greg Black cheating his way to the end!

Alex Braun:
Carl Batch had this planned out ALL along. This REEKS of him. Just a sad way to see a GOOD match end…

Samuel Curran:
Well, Greg Black has won tonight folks but it’s not because he earned it. That’s for damn sure. He came in here, conspired with Carl Batch, and came away with a hollow win. I hope you’re happy, Greg!

Alex Braun:
A win is a win; when you come down to it. I’m sure he WILL be happy with how things went. That is UNLESS DOA Officials turn this one around because of the unseen ‘low blow’. I don’t see them doing it but there’s always a chance I guess…

Samuel Curran:
There’s only ONE show on TV that can give you TRUE wrestling action, folks. We’ve got EVERYTHING you’re looking for… and SO much more. Make sure you tune in NEXT WEEK as “Rapid Assault” comes to you LIVE once again… right here… from the DOA Arena in Chicago, Illinois. Until then though… make sure to sign into the DOA app and vote for the three wrestlers YOU want to be in the Television Championship match next week!

Alex Braun:
I’ve already got mine in… make sure you do the same!

Samuel Curran:
Join the evolution of wrestling… It’s right here… In Deadly… Overloaded… Action!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b579/RiseofDOA/Rapid%20Assault/ESWR_zps36da4505.jpg

<hr color="black">
EPISODE BREAKDOWN

OVERALL EPISODE GRADE:
D+

ATTENDANCE:
3,962 (out of 5,000)

TV RATING:
0.74 (+ 0.01)

POPULARITY CHANGE:
N/A

Good show. I got two wrong but good to see Pain and Gain win. Keeps things interesting. I was expecting Akima to win then challenge Parker for the belt. Still, the feud between him and Black continue and that'll be good for ratings.

Archived