Does anyone still play this game?

I still play the games at times, I'm just eagerly hoping for a 14/15 update to really get this season going.

It's a game you need time to get into, it's pretty straightforward as a whole but especially if you want to delve into gameplanning and setting rotations it can be a learning curve, but not too extreme luckily.

It's really a complete management sim, focusing on getting the most out of your players, and getting players that will improve your team.

Especially finding and nurturing roleplayers is important, and you can't just sign and trade for every superstar.

But personally I simply love the depth of the simulation, and being able to see stats of every single year a player played. Being able to go back to any year and see who won what prize and so on.

I can also suggest you try out the demo first, because as I said above it's not everyone's cup of tea. Some love the pure-text simulator, other's want to have a more hands on approach with games like NBA 2K.

Between the pro game and the college game, I play it almost everyday.

Same for me. I run an historical NBA league that began in 1970, and a current NBA that began in 2012. Both with my beloved Cleveland Cavaliers.

I love the clean, functional interface. I love the statistical depth. I even love the in-game management screen. This game lets me focus on the things that interest me most: drafting, signing free agents, negotiating contracts, allocating minutes during games.

I play the college game more. This one is still lacking at the moment IMO.

No restricted FA, No coaches, etc.

Those are let downs for me as I had them available in the DDS game.

Um... to the second one anyway, you're just plain wrong. There is a coaching staff and they work to improve your players in the game. What there isn't is the ability to run different formations a la DDS, although I will say that by and large that function is kind of broken in that game. You do have the ability to choose up to 3 offensive foci and a bunch of sliders you can set for your coaches to run in games.

I actually think it's a really decent game of its kind. You've got pretty decent leeway in setting up things like the number of teams in a league, expansions, contractions, and so on. You can also do historical/fictional, which is kind of the thing I love doing in OOTP so it's extra nice for me. I think that overall its depth is probably about equal to DDS, albeit in different ways.

Um... to the second one anyway, you're just plain wrong. There is a coaching staff and they work to improve your players in the game. What there isn't is the ability to run different formations a la DDS, although I will say that by and large that function is kind of broken in that game. You do have the ability to choose up to 3 offensive foci and a bunch of sliders you can set for your coaches to run in games.

I actually think it's a really decent game of its kind. You've got pretty decent leeway in setting up things like the number of teams in a league, expansions, contractions, and so on. You can also do historical/fictional, which is kind of the thing I love doing in OOTP so it's extra nice for me. I think that overall its depth is probably about equal to DDS, albeit in different ways.

Im talking about the actual coaches that was talked about being included in a new patch a year ago. So no I am not wrong...

DDS has all of the lil things included but its unstable and the stats are horrid. If this game had all the lil things that PB3 (I refuse to try out PB4 unless there is an demo, PB2 & PB3 were a let down...) have then it would easily rival FM and OOTP but it doesn't so it doesn't get played much because I own those other games...FBCB cures my basketball fix.

Archived