Modern Warriors 2009 (Community Mod)

FIRST (mod of the season, anyway)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vbmt5w26byo80de/MW+2009.zip

This is my second attempt at getting a community mod up and running. I've linked my WMMA3 attempt below and pretty much just copied the text here as well for some background. The idea is that this mod is for anyone in the community to take a stab at modding. Just post your completed mod download link in this thread and I'll create a master list of sorts.

This mod is set in 2009 and is ported directly from WMMA2 -> WMMA3 -> WMMA4. I've done very little with this other than clean up bugs and make a few minor changes. It doesn't have a face pack but includes banners and logos. Do whatever you want with it. Hopefully some of you itching to try your hand at modding but not ready to commit to giant project will take some time to polish this up, bit by bit. It has a lot of potential and could fill a void for historical mods in that era.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523936

Copied from the post linked above:

Through some pretty incredible luck, I dug up Modern Warriors v.4 for WMMA2 and converted it to WMMA3. I've been trying to decide what to do with this for a while now. I had hoped, and am still hoping, to find a mod from WMMA1 since that was an interesting time in MMA, but I haven't had any luck.

Regardless, MW 4 was set in May 2009. At first I didn't remember this to be a particularly interesting time in MMA until I reviewed the mod. It's actually a time of change for the fight world's up and coming promotions as EliteXC has just died, WEC is trying to prove its worth, Strikeforce is making its push to be the world's number 2 promotion, Affliction is nearing it's tumultous conclusion, and Dream is battling Sengoku to rule Japan. In fact it's old enough that Bellator isn't in here at all.

I started cleaning up the mod to do a historical release and realized it needed a lot of work. The stats are not good, and they don't take into account any of the new stats not seen in WMMA2. Weight cutting specifically is a pain. And adding Bellator would probably be helpful. Instead of tackling this myself, I decided this was a good project for the community. There have been posts asking for a community mod for years, so here you go. The link below is only the database but is compatible with the current MW pic pack.

Feel free to download this and tweak it to your liking. If you come up with an improved version that you'd like to share, post it in this thread and I will link the download in the main post. Competing versions of the mod are encouraged. Borrow from each other to really flesh it out. The options for adding a bunch of narratives and making the mod playable from 2009 to the present (and beyond) are there.

Hopefully this is something everyone can have fun with, and that lead to a really complete, well thought out historical mod. It also could be used as a starting point for a historical mod in a different time frame. At worst, it's something you can waste an afternoon with. Enjoy, nerds.

How accurate are the heights/weights/birthdays/hometowns?

If accurate, do you mind if I import fighters into my 90's mod? I will need to change all of the stats to be consistent with the other fighters in my mod, and to reflect the 90's version of the fighters.

Of course, if I'm borrowing from the community, I will happily allow others to borrow from and redistribute my mod once it is finished to pay the favor forward.

Should be fairly accurate, and feel free to use them. Big caveat is that debut dates are all wrong as I never bothered to input those.

I say build a team where each be responsible for some of the editing. For example you are already doing fighters, someone else edits historical fights and so on.

I think the biggest issue with multiple people working on a mod is consistency in the stats.

Some fighters being better/worse than their RL self isn't that bad of an issue, but we all have different ideas of what average should be.

If think Forest Griffen had slightly above striking technique, I might give him a 73 for that stat.

If someone else makes Tito, and says that he has average striking, and they think average is 80, then Tito is 7 pts better at striking than Forest, which just isn't the case.

If one person makes both Tito and Forrest, then everyone would have Forrest having the better striking. But when two people make one each, you can't guarantee consistency.

As for tuning of stats, I'm generally not too bothered by skewed stats unless they're really off, e.g. Rampage being a submission wizard or Wanderlei turning into Fitch. The most interesting part for me is to implement all of the WMMA4-related additions into the existing database and just work around it from there.

I think the biggest issue with multiple people working on a mod is consistency in the stats.

Some fighters being better/worse than their RL self isn't that bad of an issue, but we all have different ideas of what average should be.

If think Forest Griffen had slightly above striking technique, I might give him a 73 for that stat.

If someone else makes Tito, and says that he has average striking, and they think average is 80, then Tito is 7 pts better at striking than Forest, which just isn't the case.

If one person makes both Tito and Forrest, then everyone would have Forrest having the better striking. But when two people make one each, you can't guarantee consistency.

Thats why there should be a mod guide like there is for TEW.

Average should be nothing more than what the game's definition of average is.

Is it just for me or is the picture packs empty for faces/bodies?

He said it didn't include the picture pack.

You can download and use the current modern warriors picture pack, and it will have most of the people. You just aren't allowed to redistribute it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

really went hard into fixing up this 2009 mod... Added everyone from MW3, fixed the broadcasters and teams... Unfortunately I had to whip the records due to importing guys from MW3

Definitely got a lot of hours of work left on it I was just gonna use it for myself but if anyone else is interested let me know

really went hard into fixing up this 2009 mod... Added everyone from MW3, fixed the broadcasters and teams... Unfortunately I had to whip the records due to importing guys from MW3

Definitely got a lot of hours of work left on it I was just gonna use it for myself but if anyone else is interested let me know

I'd be all over this when its finished

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NickPoulin94" data-cite="NickPoulin94" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Depending on how I continue with it I should be done in the next few days... I doubt imma fill in everyone's record from that time tho as that would be a shitload more work</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Any update on this? I was working on a 2009 update back before this game came out but never got too far.</p>

Archived