WMMA 4 Performance

Just wondering if WMMA 4 can handle 4 - 5 K fighters as this was a major problem with my mod with WMMA 3, it slowed down to the point that even powerful PC's turn time was a little long.

My mod is over 3k fighters and it's not exactly fast, but quicker than wmma3.

Just wondering if WMMA 4 can handle 4 - 5 K fighters as this was a major problem with my mod with WMMA 3, it slowed down to the point that even powerful PC's turn time was a little long.

I haven't tested a database of that size myself, but according to Adam it should be better due to the way databases are handled in WMMA4.

That's too bad about the performance. By the time I'm done editing the database I'm working on it should have between 4000 - 5000 fighters. I might need to scale it back a bit then.

Any idea what the sweet spot is?

As said early I feel like the slow down is more due to multiple companies as opposed to more fighters. I know the latest modern warriors runs like 10 companies at once or something. The number of fighters doesn't matter too much I dont think (in my experience at least)

As said early I feel like the slow down is more due to multiple companies as opposed to more fighters. I know the latest modern warriors runs like 10 companies at once or something. The number of fighters doesn't matter too much I dont think (in my experience at least)

The number of fighters definitely matters, it's one of the major factors. 5000 fighters is going to be very slow, but that is a massive mod. It also depends on if you are doing regens and how many fighters are actually active at a time. Retired or yet to debut fighters don't really take up any resources. Keep in mind that for wmma 3000 active fighters seemed like an insane maximum number, and wmma4 runs fine, albeit a little slow with more than that.

From what I can tell, fight histories isn't the hog it was in wmma3. This is positive because it doesn't make the game get slower and slower the longer you play. Will be curious to hear from Adam what the official longest loads are though, as the bad ones in wmma3 (fight histories and relationships) don't seem so horrible.

The number of fighters definitely matters, it's one of the major factors. 5000 fighters is going to be very slow, but that is a massive mod. It also depends on if you are doing regens and how many fighters are actually active at a time. Retired or yet to debut fighters don't really take up any resources. Keep in mind that for wmma 3000 active fighters seemed like an insane maximum number, and wmma4 runs fine, albeit a little slow with more than that.

From what I can tell, fight histories isn't the hog it was in wmma3. This is positive because it doesn't make the game get slower and slower the longer you play. Will be curious to hear from Adam what the official longest loads are though, as the bad ones in wmma3 (fight histories and relationships) don't seem so horrible.

This could be right.. Im just saying in my experience it seems to only really be the booking of companies that takes a little while and these increases with the more companies you have. Either way, game runs fast on my computer with anything I've tried so far

<p>K I was worried about performance because over the course of 20 years my mod has approx 5K fighters (I wanted to add more) and over 100 companies debuting at different times, many are extremely small shows and go bankrupt pretty fast in WMMA 3.</p><p> </p><p>

I didn't want to purchase this game if my mod will run terrible as this is a big reason I never released it for WMMA 3. I spent so much time making this mod that I got very little playtime with it during WMMA 1 - 3 which is not too good as I have spent 100's hours working on it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="andyemmy" data-cite="andyemmy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38825" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>K I was worried about performance because over the course of 20 years my mod has approx 5K fighters (I wanted to add more) and over 100 companies debuting at different times, many are extremely small shows and go bankrupt pretty fast in WMMA 3.<p> </p><p> I didn't want to purchase this game if my mod will run terrible as this is a big reason I never released it for WMMA 3. I spent so much time making this mod that I got very little playtime with it during WMMA 1 - 3 which is not too good as I have spent 100's hours working on it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Im sure if you upload it people will try it out and let you know how it works</p>

Archived