I'm watching it right now. Wow, the guy talking Russo through the game should've started booking Nitro first and THEN worried about setting up the storylines before the show went to air

Because Russo doesn't quite understand the storyline functionality and is just arguing with him before the show has even started being booked!!

I sent this to them on the forum of Pyro and Ballyhoo:

I feel like this project would be a lot more fun if you guys had taken the time to update Vince on the storylines and events that were happening leading into January 2000 and Vince actually picking up the booking as if he’s never left WCW. Vacating all of the titles and starting new storylines from scratch would have really just left fans scratching their heads and wondering what the hell was going on if this show would have taken place.

Some Notes:

If you want to simulate commercial breaks, use the Nitro girls to dance for three or so minutes and create an angle to be rated on Sex Appeal. The Nitro girls are all included in the database. It’s an easy way to pop a rating in game and will allow you to book shorter match times.

“Storylines” for the function of the game are the overall sum of all of the angles and matches between the people in your story. So for the sake of TEW think of angles and matches as the aspects of the game that you book in the shows, which will in turn have an overall effect on the “Storyline.”

On screen, the NWO had just reformed on the December 20, 1999 edition of Nitro with Bret Hart joining Hall, Nash and Jarrett. Hart was working with a concussion, and would actually only wrestle three more times before retiring from the injury he’d suffered from getting kicked in the head by Goldberg at Starrcade. Scott Steiner also joined the group on the very last episode of Thunder leading into the Nitro you guys booked.

Wrath has a torn ACL at this time, suffering the injury in a match with Jerry Flynn on April 15, 1999 and wouldn’t return to TV until April 2000.

Harlem Heat were heading to a big split with Stevie Ray set to form Harlem Heat 2000 in January. He was growing more and more frustrated with Booker’s relationship with Midnight.

Hulk Hogan had been off screen since Halloween Havoc 1999 where he lied down for Sting, and hadn’t been seen since on television.

Jeff Jarrett and Chris Benoit just had a pretty good ladder match and had been feuding for the US Title which Jarrett won from Benoit on the December 20th edition of Nitro.

A Lethal Lottery Tournament for the Tag Team Titles had just gotten underway.

Ed Farrara is booking matches in the video, but he was just Oklahoma on screen as recently as Starrcade.

Goldberg was really in no shape to do much of anything after nearly losing his arm on December 23rd’s edition of Thunder where he punched out the limo window and nearly had to have his arm amputated. He didn’t return to WCW until the end of May.

Those were the big things that stood out to me. I just think it would be a lot more fun if things were true to the time.

Here are the results of the last 3 shows heading into 2000:

http://ddtdigest.com...es/1999123m.htm

http://ddtdigest.com...es/1999123t.htm

http://ddtdigest.com...es/1999124m.htm

It was good enough that I'd watch more, but I'm also looking forward to his 43 rated show that loses them tons of popularity. There's definitely some entertainment value, like Russo getting pissed off that the network wasn't allowing even a Hardcore match.

I don't mean to bag the guy too much, and I have watched a few of his videos on Youtube, but the bloke running TEW2013 for Russo could've booked that whole opening sequence a lot smarter.

He should've just done a 20 minute opening angle where Vince calls out the WCW locker room and puts them all on notice. He makes the angle Vince, rated on Entertainment, and then the seven most popular Main Eventers, all rated on Overness.

Completely forget the Ted Turner bit, just have Vince come out, say "I'm in charge, and you'll all have to live with it, etc."

Then a smaller angle where he fires those two suckers.

This would help the ratings of the show much better than what old mate booked for Vince.

The one good thing about this video is that it potentially gets TEW more exposure, and any publicity is good publicity.

That said, this reeks of a washed up high school football quarterback modding Madden '14 to relive his glory days and embarrass those he has an ax to grind with.

The one good thing about this video is that it potentially gets TEW more exposure, and any publicity is good publicity.

That said, this reeks of a washed up high school football quarterback modding Madden '14 to relive his glory days and embarrass those he has an ax to grind with.

Love the madden reference... Perfect for a Russo analogy

Much like someone starting a dynasty and saying "I hate Cena, Orton, and Triple H, so I fired them...and then I hired the ROH roster."

I would have preferred if (as stated before) if they had stayed with real life and then branched from there.

I honestly believe that is probably what the first Nitro would have looked like in his hands. He does things for shock value and even though he would alienate alot of his audience (what audience there was at this particular time). That first Nitro did probably have good ratings because they had people tuning in just to see if he really got canned. There was an extreme amount of buzz on the net at the time about him getting the axe. One thing that did disturb me was he was appalled he could not use Goldberg even though it was his crazy booking that got him hurt and he would have tried to turn Sting of all people. I can not ever recall Sting being a heel in his career and I don't think he would have carried himself well in that role. Sting would have threw an actually fit by turning that way because it wasn't even a strong turn and it did not make sense for his character to do that. Sting was a buck the establishment kind of face and he would chose an angle that he would be fired for a couple weeks before he would have done that. But I have been rambling for a minute so I will leave it at that.

Honestly I believe it's as much the guy who's booking for Russo's fault as is his Vince's himself. He needed a better understanding of how to book in the game what Vince is saying rather than just going "the game can't do that" and making it look like the game has all these limitations that in reality don't exist.

Archived