GAMMA: My Dynasty

January 2003 - Fighter Rankings

It's time for the yearly update on fighter rankings. Obviously with two years gone they should be some significant changes from when we started.

P4P

1) Carlos da Guia (21-0) - Alpha-1

2) Rav Kapur (15-0) - GAMMA

3) Sukarno (30-0) - Alpha-1

4) Noach Van Der Capellen (30-3) - Alpha-1

5) Fjodor Kanchelskis (17-0) - GAMMA

6) Lawrence Herringbone (19-1) - GAMMA

7) Tomohiro Takeuchi (22-2) - KDM FC

8) Julio Regueiro (26-1) - GAMMA

9) Kunimichi Kikuchi (31-3) - Alpha-1

10) Hassan Fezzik (31-1) - Alpha-1

Da Guia tops this for the second year in a row, picking up wins over Mal Phe Roby, Fernando Amaro and Ieyoshi Yamashita. At 31 he has a good few years ahead of him. The rankings are dominated by the big two companies this year with only Takeuchi making it in from another company. Alpha-1 again edge it with one more fighter than me. Matthew Dean has dropped out of the top 10 from 2nd place last year after losing his title.

Super Heavyweight

1) Hanley Polter (8-0) - GAMMA

2) Tomoji Takaoka (7-1) - Alpha-1

3) Palmer Lette (24-7-2 NC) - Alpha-1

4) Gary Sampson (19-8) - GAMMA

5) Efren Luat (9-0) - GAMMA

6) Taroemon Abukara (11-1) - GAMMA

7) Ali Shivari (12-1) - Alpha-1

8) Kimi Hashimoto (4-0) - Alpha-1

9) Davey Rushton (7-1) - GAMMA

10) Frank Paul (11-1) - GAMMA

11) Zsolt Hargitay (11-2) - GAMMA

Palmer Lette's two losses this year saw him drop to number 3, while the GAMMA champion rates slightly higher than the ALPHA-1 champion due to his unbeaten record. Gary Sampson will soon drop off the radar, which is why I've shown the top 11.

Heavyweight

1) Rav Kapur (15-0) - GAMMA

2) Kunimichi Kikuchi (31-3) - Alpha-1

3) Hassan Fezzik (31-1) - Alpha-1

4) Gyokusho Fujimoto (14-2) - GAMMA

5) Mason Archer (23-6) - GAMMA

6) Ari Peltonen (30-9) - Alpha-1

7) Armen Sarkisian (26-4) - Alpha-1

8) Lefter Oktay (17-1) - GAMMA

9) James Foster (35-6-1) - GAMMA

10) Gladstone Lopes (16-2-1) - GAMMA

These rankings show exactly why I poached Fujimoto and Archer, without them Alpha-1 would be dominating these rankings. Even with them the out look isn't great. Kapur has already beaten Oktay, Foster and Lopes and I need to look at creating some new challengers.

Light Heavyweight

1) Lawrence Herringbone (19-1) - GAMMA

2) Jin Katou (22-2) - Alpha-1

3) Marlon John (16-1) - GAMMA

4) Matti Kurri (12-1-1) - SIGMA

5) Niko Soldo (19-3-1) - BCF & SIGMA

6) Nicolai Mickiewicz (25-5) - ALPHA-1

7) Spencer Rubenstein (18-7) - GAMMA

8)Tadamasa Yamada (25-4) - ALPHA-1

9) Affonso Villar (28-4) - FLB

10) Roberto Aldez (47-12) - Alpha-1

For the first time we start to see some of the other companies have a decent amount of representation. Matti Kurri is unbeaten since the game started and claimed the title from Niko Soldo. At 27 he is in his prime and I'd be surprised to see him remain with SIGMA for long. Villar is another fighter in his prime who may be looking for a move. He lost to Roberto Aldez shortly before he went to ALPHA-1 but has since bounced back with to claim the title. Again he's one I expect to see go to one of the big two soon.

Middleweight

1) Carlos da Guia (21-0) - Alpha-1

2) Fjodor Kanchelskis (17-0) - GAMMA

3) Joaquim Fontes (26-3) - GAMMA

4) Braulio Moura (26-3-1 NC) - GAMMA

5) Rob Baines (34-11) - BCF

6) Matthew Dean (38-6) - GAMMA

7) Thai Antonio Taffarel (23-3) - Alpha-1

8) Heji Endo (17-2) - Alpha-1

9) Neil Napier (20-2) - GAMMA

10) Patrick Thomas (21-5) - GAMMA

11) Adam White (14-1) - GAMMA

12) Buddy Garner (16-4) - GAMMA

Unsurprisingly da Guia tops the list with Kanchelskis in second. They are both unbeaten and this would surely be a dream fight if they faced each other. Fontes is still injured for another year, while Dean has moved to Light Heavyweight so there is definitely room for people to move up. Rob Baines represents BCF as the only fighter outside the big 2, while I'm pleased to see Adam White has recovered from his early loss to sneak into the top 11.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welterweight

1) Noach Van Der Capellen (30-3) - ALPHA-1

2) Julio Regueiro (26-1) - GAMMA

3) Carlos da Guia (21-0) - ALPHA-1

4) Simon Vine (27-8) - ALPHA-1

5) Ichisake Miyagi (26-5) - ALPHA-1

6) Manuel Silva (18-2) - GAMMA

7) Nathan Chambers (20-4) - GAMMA

8) Fukusaburu Hirano (16-2-1) - ALPHA-1

9) David Allen (19-4) - GAMMA

10) Rufus Stephens (19-3) - GAMMA

11) Kafu Bunya (16-2) - ALPHA-1

Van Der Capellen only fought once in 2002 but that was enough to keep him top. Regueiro remains in second while Da Guia stays in third, but should soon go. Simon Vine made good progress rising from 8th to 4th, thanks to a win over Xie Ming in his only match of the year. Silva somehow only drops 1 place, despite losing to Jack Humphreys.

Lightweight

1) Sukarno (30-0) - ALPHA-1

2) Sean Morrison (33-4) - GAMMA

3) Helio (20-1) - GAMMA

4) Seth O'Breen (18-1) - BCF

5) Jake Keane (27-4-1 NC) - GAMMA

6) Fiyero Lermontov (16-1) - GAMMA

7) Atep of Indonesia (13-1-1 NC) - GAMMA

8) Luis Basora (22-6) - GAMMA

9) Go Yamamoto (29-11) - ALPHA-1

10) Brandon Sugar (28-6) - GAMMA

Apart from Sukarno I'm pretty much dominating this division, thanks to my aggressive signing policy. Now I just have to get them known in the States. Yamamoto is 37 and ALPHA-1 don't seem to have a lot else to offer in terms of challengers for Sukarno and I'd love to steal him away, sadly he has over 4 years left on his contract.

Featherweight

1) Tomohiro Takeuchi (22-2) - KDM FC

2) Lamont Banner (11-0) - XCC

3) Snorri Gunnarsson (24-4-2 NC) - SIGMA

4) Lars Bohlin (52-7) - Unemployed

5) Li-Kong Ho (21-2) - KDM FC

6) Kenji Akita (17-2) - KDM FC

7) Luiz Machado (26-5) - OMEGA, XCC

8) Philip Ziskie (21-4-2) - OMEGA, XCC

9) Wallace Everett (13-2) - OMEGA, XCC

10) Easton Frye (16-6) - OMEGA, XCC

Takeuchi is number 1 for the second year running, but XCC champion Lamont Banner is snapping at his heels, it's a meteoric rise for a man who wasn't even in the top 10 last year. Lars Bohlin is back from his drugs ban and he's appearing on a local show in January. At 36 it will be interesting to see if SIGMA take him back. XCC are hurt by having to share talent with OMEGA and KDM FC are the best Featherweight company in the world.

Bantamweight

1) Willy Bassett (22-2) - XCC

2) Kanji Togo (19-5) - KDM FC

3) Aubrey Bassington-Bassington (11-1) XCC

4) D'Arcy Spode (12-2) - XCC

5) Sophan Sastrowardoya (10-1) KDM FC

A slight improvement for KDM FC from last year but XCC are still the go to company of Bantamweight action.

P4P Female

1) Veronika Sablikova (10-0) - KDM FC

2) Hope Lehane (9-0) - Unemployed

3) Pamela O'Neill (15-1) - Unemployed

4) Hester Maclean (11-1) - Unemployed

5) Daniela Sadorra (9-0) - Unemployed

The sorry state of the women's division is illustrated by the fact that 4 of the top 5 in the world can't get a job. The demise of WEFF has killed the careers of all the North American based fighters and KDM FC don't seem interested in picking them up.

Lightweight (Female)

1) Zuri Landry (5-0)

She fought twice this year against local fighters and remains the one and only lightweight fighter in the women's division. Will she ever get to fight a real opponent?

Featherweight (Female)

1) Veronika Sablikova (10-0) - KDM FC

2) Hope Lehane (9-0) - Unemployed

3) Yutsuko Sasaki (10-1) - KDM FC

4) Piper Evergood (11-1) - Unemployed

5) Hanako Smimizu (12-1) - KDM FC

Sablikova remains dominant and as she already holds wins over Smimizu and Sasaki she is likely to remain that way.

Bantamweight (Female) and Flyweight (Female)

As all of the female Bantamweights and Flyweights are unemployed, and are likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future I'm not going to bother with these rankings.

GAMMA 56: Kanchelskis v Moura

This will be my first PPV of 2003. My decision to hold Battlelines 7 comes back to bite me as Marlon John hasn't recovered and I don't have anyone else who can challenge for the Light Heavyweight Title. I therefore have to postpone it and instead go with Kanchelskis v Moura at Middleweight.

Main Event

Fjodor Kanchelskis (17-0) v Braulio Moura (26-3-1 NC) - Middleweight title

Moura has picked up wins over Petey Mack and Neil Napier since his loss to Matthew Dean and as number 2 in the Middleweight Rankings he is the legitimate contender to the title. The only problem is that his name value in the US is only High Regional and this, combined with Fjodor Kanchelskis only having Mid Regional popularity means the fight is only rated as a potential main event. I have a definite issue here.

Co-Main Event

Raul Hughes (17-5) v Murilo Satinho (13-0) - Heavyweight

My new stars initiative gets underway with the Co-main event. Satinho has had a couple of fights to establish himself and now faces off against a big name opponent. Hughes is 38 and coming off a loss to Christopher Sharp and I expect Satinho to be too much for him. This fight is rated as a Decent Main Event and will help make up for the poor main event.

Toby Sorkin (11-0) v Adrian Swall (8-1) - Light Heavyweight

Both these fighters are making their main show debuts after picking up wins on the prelims. Sorkin should beat Swall comfortably and this fight is purely intended to showcase him to a wider audience.

Osmosis Benn (19-2) v Tora Mizwar (24-8) - Middleweight

Benn has the potential to be a star for me, but he was hurt by his submission loss to Neil Napier at GAMMA 43. He bounced back with a win over Carl Ratcliffe on the prelims and now gets a chance to show his stuff on PPV. His opponent is no mug however and is currently on a winning streak after wins against Fforde and Smith. A win for either fighter will see them shoot up the rankings (they are currently 8th and 9th respectively) and will likely see their next fight be a number 1 contenders shot.

Frank Paul (11-1) v Efren Luat (9-0) - Super Heavyweight

Luat is slowly making a name for himself in this division and I fully expect him to triumph over Frank Paul here.

Tim Boyer (26-6-2) v Mason Archer (23-6) - Heavyweight

Although at 30 Archer is too old to qualify for my young talent initiative he is fresh blood and a lot younger than most of my Heavyweights. Tim Boyer is another big name fighter who is on his way down and I think Archer will have too much for him. However they both have KO power so it could go either way. Could Boyer push for one last shot at the title before he retires?

Prelims

Seb Morehead (8-2) v Teddy Glossop (5-3) - Super Heavyweight

Both these fighters are on losing streaks and desperately need a win. The only thing keeping them employed at the moment is that they are both fairly young (27 and 26) and there isn't much around in the way of replacements.

Herman Drick (6-0) v Delroy Rhodes (13-1) - Welterweight

Drick is a poor quality striker and has been brought in to get Rhodes onto a winning streak. The show is being held in Colarado, which is Rhodes home state, so this should give the crowd something to cheer.

Aleksei Chekhov (23-6) v Datsakorn Pratoomwong (6-1) - Light Heavyweight

Chekhov has struggled in GAMMA so far but I'm confident that a combination of changes to the fight engine and an awful opponent will see him back to winning ways here.

Gary Sampson (19-8) v Oliver Fiderer (8-2) - Heavyweight

Sampson is 39 and well past his best. He's coming off two losses but still has decent name value and could be used to put someone over on TV if he can just pick up a couple of wins. Fiderer is a decent fighter who has been put in some difficult match ups, this is his big chance and both fighters are pretty much fighting to stay on the roster.

Quincy McGarry (7-2) v Jefferson Mndawe (5-0) - Lightweight

Both these fighters were eliminated in the qualifiers of GAMMA: The Contenders. They are both young, with reasonable records and some potential. All of the contenders will be getting chances over the upcoming months and my hope is that a couple will prove themselves worthy of a full time spot on the roster.

Bast Moulke (6-0) v Bienvenido Romulo (8-0) - Heavyweight

Two mor young fighters getting a chance on the prelims. Moulke looks the better of the two but I'm happy whoever wins. This is just about trying to gain momentum and experience and moving up the ladder.

Overall this is the weakest PPV I've put on for a long time and I'd be surprised if the PPV company don't kick up a fuss. It could also lead to my first ever popularity loss. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as the constant gain has made it very hard to create people who can headline and a one off loss might help remedy that a little.

GAMMA 56: Hughes v Satinho

So the eagle eyed among you will have noticed a slight change in the name of the show. It finally happened and one of my main eventers got injured. It was Kanchelskis and he's out for a month, nothing too serious but enough to cancel the fight. I'm lucky that I already had a popular fight on the card so I've still got a Main Event. I know I said I wanted to start running some shows without title fights but I didn't want it forced upon me.

Adam White steps in on a quick camp against Moura to ensure I still have a co-main. This could be a tough break for Moura as if he loses he'll have lost his shot at the title, but if he wins then he could easily gain some popularity and momentum, making the eventual showdown with Kanchelskis a bigger fight. White meanwhile has recovered well from his early loss to Thomas and a win here will mean he gets the next shot at the title.

Prelims

Bast Moulke (6-0) v Bienvenido Romulo (8-0) - Heavyweight

Romulo is outweighed by 42 lbs and he gets bullied around the cage by a clinching Moulke. It's a decent decision win for Moulke and Romulo might want to look at dropping down to Light Heavy.

Result: Bast Moulke defeats Bienvenido Romulo (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Decent

Quincy McGarry (7-2) v Jefferson Mndawe (5-0) - Lightweight

McGarry gets a quick takedown and gets Mndawe's back. He lands some hard strikes and then gets the choke for the win.

Result: Quincy McGarry defeats Jefferson Mndawe (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 2:37 of round 1. The match was rated as Great

Gary Sampson (19-8) v Oliver Fiderer (8-2) - Heavyweight

Sampson uses his size to pin Fiderer up against the cage for most of the first, having weakened him he goes for an early takedown in the second, lands some ground and pound and then chokes him out.

Result: Gary Sampson defeats Oliver Fiderer (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 2:19 of round 2). The match was rated as being Decent

Aleksei Chekhov (23-6) v Datsakorn Pratoomwong (6-1) - Light Heavyweight

Chekhov finally gets a chance to show what he can do and he attacks from the off. He lands numerous strikes and has Pratoomwong on the back foot for most of the round. Just as the round is coming to a close he staggers him with a roundhouse body kick before knocking him out with a right uppercut.

Result: Aleksei Chekhov defeats Datsakorn Pratoomwong (Knock Out (Punch) in 4:41 of round 1). The match was rated as Good

Herman Drick (6-0) v Delroy Rhodes (13-1) - Welterweight

Rhodes is a massive favourite here (-1170 to +930), but he makes hard work of it in front of his home town crowd. The first two rounds are pretty even and it's probably one round each going into the third. Rhodes decides not to leave it in the hands of the judges and ends the fight with a fantastic head kick.

Result: Delroy Rhodes defeats Herman Drick (Knock Out (Kick) in 1:54 of round 3). The match was rated as Great

Seb Morehead (8-2) v Teddy Glossop (5-3) - Super Heavyweight

Glossop starts the fight trash talking and he's able to back it up with his fists. He absorbs some decent strikes from Morehead before putting him down with a hook and then ending it with an arm triangle.

Result: Teddy Glossop defeats Seb Morehead (Submission (Arm Triangle) in 2:56 of round 2). The match was rated as being Great

Main Show

Tim Boyer (26-6-2) v Mason Archer (23-6) - Heavyweight

Boyer fights hard but he's already limping by the end of round one under the brutal assault of Archer's leg kicks. This continues for the second round and Boyer is really struggling as Archer opens up. Archer finally finishes it in the third, landing such a brutal leg kick that Boyer collapses and can't get back to his feet. That's a sad way to close out your GAMMA career.

Result: Mason Archer defeats Tim Boyer (TKO (Leg Kick) in 0:15 of round 3). The match was rated as being Good

Frank Paul (11-1) v Efren Luat (9-0) - Super Heavyweight

Luat makes hard work of it, relying on his low centre of gravity and clinch ability to rack up points, but comfortably wins all three rounds. One of the judges manages to give it 29-28 to Paul but the other two give it 30-27 to Luat and justice is done. Hardly a star making performance though.

Result: Efren Luat defeats Frank Paul (Split Decision). The match was rated as Poor

Osmosis Benn (19-2) v Tora Mizwar (24-8) - Middleweight

Mizwar takes the first with some crisp striking, using his jab to keep Benn off balance. He does the same in the second but then shoots for a takedown and gets caught in a clinch. Benn punishes him for the remaining minute but Mizwar takes the first two rounds. Benn manages to get past the jab in the third and works Mizwar over before slamming him to the ground. He follows up but gets caught in Mizwar's guard and the fight is over before any real damage is done.

Result: Tora Mizwar defeats Osmosis Benn (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Decent

Toby Sorkin (11-0) v Adrian Swall (8-1) - Light Heavyweight

Swall isn't in Sorkin's class and it shows as he is taken down and choked out in the first. Sorkin goes 4-0 in GAMMA and I'll be looking to give him a proper test next time out.

Result: Toby Sorkin defeats Adrian Swall (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 2:09 of round 1. The match was rated as Great

Co-Main Event

Braulio Moura (26-3-1 NC) v Adam White (14-1) - Middleweight

Round 1 is a striking war, with both giving as good as they get. It's hard to call but maybe jut in Moura's favour. White changes tactics in the second and takes Moura down, he manages to take his back nad goes for the Rear Naked Choke a couple of times but can't get it. One round each.

Round 3 sees them standing and trading again but Moura gets the better of it, landing two jabs and a head kick which stagger White. Moura senses blood and dispatches White with a big right hand.

Result: Braulio Moura defeats Adam White (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:17 of round 3). The match was rated as Fantastic

Main Event

Raul Hughes (17-5) v Murilo Satinho (13-0) - Heavyweight

Satinho has been patient waiting for his big match and he takes this chance with both hands. He absorbs some punches from Hughes before taking him down. From there it's only a matter of time and he sinks in the armbar for the win.

Result: Murilo Satinho defeats Raul Huhes (Submission (Armbar) in 3:27 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great

Post Show Analysis

Pop +1.7% US, +5% Can, +4.2% Mex

Crit 79% Com 78%

Gate: £1,528,149

Sponsorship: £69,635

PPV: £9,912,000

Merchandise: £10,367

Fighters: -£554,896

Drug Tests: - £28,800

Production: -£115,989

Total: £10,820,466

You'll note the fighter pay is significantly more than in previous events, I upped the bonuses to £100,000 each for £5,000. I have no idea if this will encourage the fighters to go for the awards more but I have more cash than I know what to do with and I figure it can't hurt.

Ratings wise the event did really well, a critical rating of 79% is my second best ever after Kapur v Foster II and the commercial rating was still decent. I gained popularity in all three areas, although the US gain was down a little on previous events.

Results wise, the prelims were all fine. Bienvenido Romulo gets moved down to Light Heavy after his defeat, while Oliver Fiderer and Datsakorn Pratoomwong both get cut. Neither have managed to pick up a win in GAMMA. Pratoomwong is only 23 so he may be back one day, for Fiderer however I think it's a job in OMEGA or CCC at best.

Mason Archer brutalised Tim Boyer and that's his third defeat in a row. I almost cut him but he has one guaranteed fight left and I decide to keep him around. He's out for seven months anyway so this brutal beating will hopefully have faded into memory a little before his next fight.

Luat and Sorkin both boosted their profiles with wins, although Luat's was less than impressive, however he's in such a weak division that it doesn't really matter how you get you win. Mizwar's profile was really boosted by his win and he's now a major player in the Middleweight division.

Moura overcame Adam White to retain his title shot, however White wasn't hurt too badly by the loss. He stepped in at the last minute and the fight was very exciting so expect to see him feature on the main card again soon.

Finally Satinho took advantage of his first big name fight. I'll need to consider my options carefully when picking his next opponent but he is certainly looking like he could be a star of the division.

Rest of the World - January 2003

GAMMA

Linfield Ballard tests positive for PEDS after his loss to Rafael Van der Moot. He's 36 and has 3 losses in a row so I sack him. I make three big signings to make up for it.

Bill Brown - Brown is 10-0 and was OMEGA and CCC Champion. He's got great physicals, striking power, ground technique and wrestling and is a great addition to my Middleweight division. He's only Low Regional popularity in the US but his momentum is +5 so hopefully that will soon change.

William Harrison - Harrison was also OMEGA and CCC Champion, this time at Light Heavyweight. He's 12-0 but his skills don't seem quite as strong as Browns. Again he is Low Regional name value but +5 Momentum.

Matti Kurri - It's not just OMEGA and CCC that I pick on as I take SIGMA's Lightweight Champion. Kurri finished his trilogy with Soldo and it was time to make the step up. He picked up fight of the year for his third fight against Soldo and should be a solid addition to the Light Heavyweights, although again he has no name value.

ALPHA-1

Carlos da Guia continues to dominate the Middleweight division, beating Heji Endo for the second time (first time in game) to go 22-0. I think there will be a bidding war for him when his contract is finally up.

XCC

Chad Abbott (a computer generated Bantamweight with a Judo background and a very strong ground game beats D'Arcy Spode in the main event to go 4-0. The critical rating of 46% is one of XCC's worst but at least the show picks up a decent Critical rating (78%) so it shouldn't have done them any harm.

FLB

Procopio Golias finally looks to defend his Welterweight belt (he won it in September 2001 and hadn't fought since) against Lucas. Lucas beats him by 3rd round submission. On the undercard Renato continues his unbeaten run, picking up a split decision win over Marcelo Boccoli.

CCC

Glen Siemaszko goes to a 60 minute draw with Henry Baldwin for the vacant Lightweight Title. The 5 fight card featured 3 fights which went the distance, while the prelims featured another 2. At least they are giving value for money.

GAMMA 57: Regueiro v Sipatov

GAMMA 57 will be held at the end of February and is again in Colorado. This was a mistake by me but I'll pretend it's to reward the loyal Colorado fans for not getting a title bout at GAMMA 56. Although I'm not sure a main event featuring Sipatov can really be considered a reward.

Sipatov is the only real challenger for the title, he's 5th in the rankings but the guys ahead of him are Nathan Chambers (already lost to Regueiro), Manuel Sipatov (lost to everyone he's fought) and Rufus Stephens (just got back from a year long injury). I really wanted to give him one more fight before throwing him into the main event (he's still on -1 momentum) but he's all I've got. It's a strong main event and at least there is a bit of a story behind this one with the ex-champion getting one final shot.

Co-Main Event

Bobby Brubaker (14-5) v Jack Humphreys (26-11) - Welterweight

The co-main event also sees some Welterweight action as the two Contenders coaches face off. It's only rated as suitable for the prelims, which is disappointing. I guess a reality show can't make up for crappy momentum. I'm hoping for a Humpreys win here as Brubaker is done as a title challenger while Regeuiro is still champion.

Christopher Sharp (37-13) v Sam Hoynes (9-0) - Heavyweight

Ex OMEGA Champ Hoynes did well in his GAMMA debut but this is a definite step up in class. Sharp has been steadily climbing the rankings, knocking off some of the other veterans in the division and a win here could put him in line for a number 1 contenders match. Whoever wins here I'm happy, I either get a young up and comer on a hot streak or a title challenging veteran.

Isiah Monroe (10-0) v Stuart Strange (19-4) - Middleweight

Monroe has scored two wins so far in his GAMMA career but Strange is a completely different prospect to his opponents so far. Strange is experienced, strong and has great wrestling. If Thump can overcome Strange then I'll know the hype is for real. A win for strange however could see him meeting Tora Mizwar to decide the number 1 contender after Moura finally gets his shot.

Yoshikazu Inamoto (12-6) v Matas Fialkowska (5-0) - Super Heavyweight

Inamoto has performed above expectations since he came to GAMMA, although both wins have been against mediocre opponents. Fialkowska has also picked up two wins but also hasn't faced anyone of note. A win here for either fighter will mean they will start to be taken seriously.

Brock Youdale (7-2) v Freddy Lomax (10-0) - Lightweight - Contenders Final

The final of my lightweight reality show sees a Welterweight face off against a Featherweight, sigh. Who ever wins here will face Sean Morrison in a fight which is really just there to buy me time to assemble the next challenger. I don't expect either of them to provide much of a challenge. This fight is rated as suitable for the prelims, so sadly the reality show doesn't seem to have generated much interest.

Prelims

Kurt McDonald (9-2) v Duke Aiona (15-6) - Heavyweight

Both fighters are on losing streaks and both lost fights last time out that I expected them to win. Another loss here could mean the end for one of them.

Tyson Rechslatter (9-2) v Callum Henson (22-10) - Welterweight

Rechslatter went out in the first round in GAMMA Contenders, but moves up to his natural home at Welterweight, while Henson is 0-3 in GAMMA and 0-2 in game. Both of them are fighting to save their careers as the axe looms.

Dule Bayliffe (6-5) v Landon London (5-2) - Lightweight

Bayliffe's contract is up after this fight so he is gone win or lose. London is another Contenders loser and a loss here would also see him gone. As such this could be my first double firing fight.

Carl Ratcliffe (22-9) v Maarten De Vries (17-9) - Middleweight

Carl Ratcliffe has lost to Sutton Ripley, Osmosis Benn (both forgivable) and Woody Fierstein (a shocking loss), while De Vries has lost to Ashley Ballard and Isiah Monroe. This is another loser leaves town match and I'll be rooting for De Vries. No one wants to see an ex-champ go out on a prelim loss.

John James McInleen (5-1) v Peter Windsor (2-2) - Super Heavyweight

This fight will hopefully seem McInleen get back on track after his loss to Hanley Polter for the title. He's only 27 and I expect to see him challenging again at some point.

Carl Chenoweth (7-1) v Beau LuPone (9-2) - Lightweight

Striker vs Striker to open the show. Chenoweth is building some momentum after KOing Clifton Curry, while LuPone is another Lightweight whose had his momentum killed by GAMMA: The Contenders. They are both young, with decent records and while a win could be a spring board to better things a loss won't be a disaster for either fighter.

Overall this is a PPV which could see a lot of fighters fates decided. There are several fights which could see the winner elevated to the upper tier of their division while on the prelims there are a lot of fighters just hoping to keep their jobs. I'll hopefully have time to run it tomorrow and report back to you.

GAMMA 57: Regueiro v Sipatov - The Results

Stuart Strange picks up a serious arm injury that sees him out for two years. His fight with Monroe is obviously cancelled. Maarten De Vries v Carl Ratcliffe got bumped up to the main card to replace it. There was no one willing to take a prelim fight on short notice so I've got with just 5 prelims.

Prelims

Carl Chenoweth (7-1) v Beau LuPone (9-2) - Lightweight

LuPone is active but can't land a shot on the elusive Chenoweth, who darts in and out landing jabs, hooks and kicks. He puts LuPone down twice in the first and the second time sees him finish it on the ground.

Result: Carl Chenoweth defeats Beau LuPone (TKO (Strikes) in 4:28 of round 1). The match was rated as Good

John James McInleen (5-1) v Peter Windsor (2-2) - Super Heavyweight

McInleen starts tentatively and it's Windsor who is on the front foot for the first two rounds. However he is showing signs of tiring by the end of the second and McInleen steps it up in the third. He gets a takedown and puts Windsor away with a signle big punch on the deck.

Result: John-James McInleen defeats Peter Windsor (Knock Out(Punch) in 1:37 of round 3). The match was rated as Great

Dule Bayliffe (6-5) v Landon London (5-2) - Lightweight

Both fighters come out looking to out box their opponent, London is throwing mostly jabs while Bayliffe is looking to get inside and land power shots. He does so with a lot of success and there are only so many of those (5) that London can take before he folds.

Dule Bayliffe defeats Landon London (Knock Out (Punch) in 4:18 of round 1. The match was rated as Great

Tyson Rechslatter (9-2) v Callum Henson (22-10) - Welterweight

Henson dominates all three rounds and not content with a points victory puts Rechslatter down in the third before unloading on him. Rechslatter taps under the furious assault.

Callum Henson defeats Tyson Rechslatter (Submission (Strikes) in 3:59 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great

Kurt McDonald (9-2) v Duke Aiona (15-6) - Heavyweight

McDonald beats on Aiona for three rounds, putting him down twice and almost finishing him a couple of times. He takes a comfortable points victory.

Kurt McDonald defeats Duke Aiona (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Good

Main Card

Carl Ratcliffe (22-8) v Maarten De Vries (17-9) - Middleweight

Turns out this was a good fight to move up to the main card. Ratcliffe takes the first round, putting De Vries down with a headkick and landing several hard shots on the ground, almost finishing the fight, De Vries some how hangs on to the end of the round. The second round sees De Vries clear his head and stand and exchange strikes with Ratcliffe. He absorbs several hard shots before rocking Ratcliffe with a big right hook. He follows up with a head kick and Ratcliffe is out cold.

Maarten de Vries defeats Carl Ratcliffe (Knock Out (Kick) in 2:51 of round 2). The match was rated as Fantastic

Brock Youdale (7-2) v Freddy Lomax (10-0) - Lightweight - GAMMA Contenders Final

Lomax uses his foot speed to dart in, strike and retreat before Youdale can respond. It's a high energy style and Lomax starts to tire towards the end of the second. However by that time he's already put Youdale down twice and he's comfortably ahead on the judges score card. Youdale finally catches up with him in the 3rd and goes for the clinch, Lomax surprises him by pulling guard and almost gets the guillotine submission. Youdale is forced to get back up and Lomax keeps out of his way for the rest of the round.

Result: Freddy Lomax defeats Brock Youdale (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Decent

Yoshikazu Inamoto (12-6) v Matas Fialkowska (5-0) - Super Heavyweight

Fialkowska lands several hard hooks to the body before landing an uppercut which puts Inamoto down, he gains mount and quickly finishes it.

Matas Fialkowska defeats Yoshikazu Inamoto (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:21 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good

Christopher Sharp (37-13) v Sam Hoynes (9-0) - Heavyweight

We have two great wrestlers here, Sharp seems to think his best option is to work the clinch while Hoynes is determined to get the takedown. He manages it in the first two take a close round and then lands a big slam in the second to put Sharp down again. However he loses control when he goes for the submission and he spends the rest of the round under Sharp. It's one round each.

3rd round sees Hoynes get the takedown again but again he ends up losing his position and ending up under Sharp. It's a lot later in the round though and Hoynes had already done some good work from the top. I make them 2-1 in favour of Hoynes. However the judges disagree and all three make Sharp the winner 29-28.

Christopher Sharp defeats Sam Hoynes (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Decent

Co-Main Event

Bobby Brubaker (14-5) v Jack Humphreys - Welterweight - Coach v Coach

Humphreys seems happy to stand and strike with Brubaker, rather than using his wrestling to clinch or take him down. It's a mistake as Brubaker proceeds to batter him around the cage before stopping him in the second with a stunning left hook.

Result: Bobby Brubaker defeats Jack Humphreys (Knock Out (Punch) in 0:36 of round 2). The match was rated as being Great

Main Event

Julio Regueiro (26-1) v Yevgeni Sipatov (30-9) - Welterweight Title

Sipativ clinches but Regueiro trips him and takes the fight to the ground. Sipatov isn't at his best on his back and Regueiro grabs an arm trianlge. Sipatov guts it out and eventually breaks free. However Regueiro isn't put off and quickly mounts him, before grabbing an armbar. This time Sipatov can't escape and he's forced to tap.

Julio Regueiro defeats Yevgeni Sipatov (Submission (Armbar) in 2:26 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great

Post Show Analysis

Pop +2.4% US, +5.3% Can, + 4.2% Mex

Crit 77% Com 85%

Gate: £1,776,719

Sponsorship: £76,032

PPV: £14,301,600

Merchandise: £10,288

Fighers: -£524,899

Drug Tests: -£26,400

Production: -£111,089

Total: £15,502,251

The show scored a great Commercial and Critical rating and lead to my largest ever popularity gains in Canada and Mexico.

The prelims pretty much went to plan, the only real downside was Dule Bayliffe winning as his contract was up anyway so both him and London leave. They are both still relatively young so there's always a possibility for a return once they've won a few on the local scene.

Maarten De Vries showed that he can still thrill the fans given the right opponent. I'm glad I bumped this to the main card. Ratcliffe gets cut as despite an exciting performance he now has 4 losses in a row and it's just too many to keep him around.

Freddy Lomax looked good in his win and he'll now face Sean Morrison for the title. I don't fancy his chances but he could cause some problems for Morrison if he can utilise his speed to keep his distance. The loss doesn't hurt Youdale too much as he'll now move up to his natural home of Welterweight.

Fialkowska's win put him up yo Mid Regional popularity and +4 momentum, he's a real player at Super Heavyweight now, despite only being 10th in the rankings.

Sharp was lucky in my opinion to get the win over Hoynes. Hoynes is only 26 so he has plenty of time to come back from this disappointment, while Sharp will likely get to face (and probably lose to) one of my top Heavyweights next time out.

Brubaker's win was the most likely outcome but was still a disappointment from a match making point of view. He'll make a good gatekeeper for the foreseeable future but I'm not really sure what else to do with him.

Finally Regueiro showed why Sipatov is an ex-champion, it's not 1994 anymore and the standard of competition is much higher than the last time Sipatov ruled the roost. This win pushed him up to Low International Name Value and +5 Momentum, meaning he can headline against pretty much anyone. Sipatov is 36 and on -2 momentum and I give serious consideration to cutting him to allow him to go out on a high. However he has one guaranteed match left on his contract and I think I can use him to put a young up and comer over.

I cut London, Windsor and Ratcliffe from my roster but keep Rechslatter for one more fight (which he'll almost certainly lose). Dule Bayliffe leaves of his own accord.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Rest of the world: February 2003</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been on holiday but back now so hopefully I can get cracking.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ALPHA-1</strong></p><p> </p><p>

ALPHA-1 seem to have shifted to a monthly schedule as well as they've run cards in December, January and now February. The February card is a double title bout, headlined by Tomoji Takaoka (8-1) beating Ali Shivari (12-2) on points while Sukarno (31-0) beat Naizen Hamacho (15-3) by TKO (Leg Kick). The event scores a massive 96% commercial rating but only gets a 61% critical rating. Still, as a statement of intent it's a big one and it looks like ALPHA-1 are gunning to reclaim the number 1 spot.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>OMEGA</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Philip Ziskie may have lost his XCC title to Lamont Banner but he's not ready to relinquish the OMEGA belt. He beats Easton Frye by 7th round KO to get back to winning ways. It's a difficult situation for OMEGA as it's hard to build a champion when he's coming off two losses for someone else. They must be hoping that they get to book a couple of fights in a row for Ziskie, or at least if his next fight is in XCC that he wins it.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>BCF</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Curt Kitson gets his revenge on Nick Soldo and reclaims the Light Heavyweight Title. However it soon becomes apparent just how desperate Kitson was as he tests positive for TRT and picks up a 12 month suspension. Despite the bout being declared a no contest the belt doesn't revert to Soldo and instead it is declared vacant (not sure if this is right or a bug, anyone know what would happen in real life, seems a bit unfair on Soldo). This is a big blow to BCF as Kitson was one of their biggest names and it will be interesting to see what they do.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KDM FC</strong></p><p> </p><p>

February sees KDM FC go with a double title show with both the Lightweight and Featherweight titles on the line. With only 4 titles in the company it's a bit surprising to see them take this approach as it might leave them struggling for main events next time out. At least the show is a success, pulling a 58% commercial rating and a 71% critical rating. Ahmed Mohamed Farag defended against Sadahige Yoshida in the main event but the big news was Kenji Akita beating Tomohiro Takeuchi in the co-main to win the Featherweight Title. Akita is only 28 and has 91% marketability. He could be KDM FC's next big breakout star.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SIGMA</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Thorbjorn Rekdal falls in his first defense of his Middleweight Title by first round submission to Oleg Tariverdiev. The Co-main sees Snorri Gunnarsson making his comeback after his drugs suspension was lifted and he takes out 12 months of frustration on Pedro Alves, beating him by 1st round TKO when his corner stops the fight.</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>GAMMA 58: Polter v Rushton II</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

GAMMA 58 will be held in New Mexico on the last Sunday in March. It will be headlined by the Polter v Rushton rematch while Matthew Dean will make his Light Heavyweight debut on the undercard.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Hanley Polter (8-0) v Davey Rushton (7-1) - Super Heavyweight Title</strong></p><p> </p><p>

My next event is a gamble as I headline with the Super Heavyweights. This division has been hard work from the get go but I finally have a match which rates as a main event. It's only a decent main event but I'll take it. Rushton has bounced back from his earlier loss to Polter with two wins and he gets the Title shot ahead of Efren Luat due to Luat's extremely unconvincing and dull win over Frank Paul. This is a risk as I've not headlined with a decent main event before and by the time the show rolls round it's dropped to a potential main event.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Co-main event</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mattew Dean (38-6) v Junior Patinkin (18-3) - Light Heavyweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Matthew Dean makes his Light Heavyweight debut against Junior Patinkin. Patinkin is a veteran of the division and his only in game loss has come against current champion Lawrence Herringbone. This will be a tough test for Dean and will see if he can compete at this weight class against some of the bigger athletes. This is rated as a main show fight only, which is a bit disappointing given the names involved but reflects their poor momentum. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Helio (20-1) v Ross Smith (11-1) - Lightweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

This is the exact opposite of the main event. The fighter's don't have a lot in name value (Low Regional and High Regional respectively) but they do have a ton of momentum (+5 and +4). I expect Helio to win this one against his more famous opponent in a bout that I hope will be an exciting one. This is also rated as a main show fight.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Guillermo Morales (15-0-1) v Mike Watson (14-2) - Light Heavyweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Morales is 3-0 in GAMMA but this is a real step up in class for him. Watson's only two losses have come to Rubenstein and Herringbone in title challenges and he'll be looking to generate sufficient momentum to earn a third title shot. This is rated as just scraping onto the main show.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Luis Basora (22-6) v Atep of Indonesia (13-1-1 NC) - Lightweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Atep makes his comeback after his drugs ban against Luis Basora. Basora took Morrison to the limit, losing by split decision and he is a tough veteran with a ton of experience. Atep is going to have to prove himself after his ban and he won't be getting any easy fights. I chose Basora as it's no real loss to me if Basora loses (he's already had a title shot and he's 32) but if Basora wins against someone like Atep he could easily find himself back in line for another title shot after his last performance.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alan Kendall (16-5) v Will Kane (19-4) - Welterweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Kane lost in his GAMMA debut to Dana Delaney in a match he was supposed to win. He's then been out for a while with injury and time is running out for the 34 year old. With poor name value and negative momentum a loss here could see me cutting my losses on him and cutting his contract. Kendall is a good all rounder but Kane should be able to get the win here.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Prelims</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Craig Hulme (8-0) v Cooper Richardson (14-6) - Welterweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Hulme was the most entertaining fighter on GAMMA: The Contenders and at 26 and with decent skills he is someone I'd like to keep around. He moves up to his natural home at Welterweight where he'll face Cooper Richardson. Richardson is competent but that's about it and I'll be disappointed if he manages to beat Hulme.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Kel Ryan (6-2) v Terry Shakespeare (4-3) - Super Heavyweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Shakespeare is 34 and terrible and Ryan will hopefully beat him to get back to winning ways here. Assuming he loses Shakespeare will likely be shown the door.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jerry Bogdonovich (11-1) v Bryan Van Den Hauwe (19-7) - Light Heavyweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

J-Bog did the job for me last time out, putting over Morales. His reward is a relatively easy fight against Van Den Hauwe. Again, assuming he loses Van Den Hauwe will be looking for a new job after this fight.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nathan Ronald (8-0) v Charlie Oakley (8-0) - Middleweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Both fighters hold 8-0 records, both are 27 and both have +2 momentum. They also both won their debut fights in GAMMA and one of them is going to earn a place on the main show with a win here. The betting makes Oakley the big favourite but Ronald has brutal KO power (he's won all 4 in games fights by first round KO) and I fancy him to take this one to.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Robbie Lynn (6-0) v Owen Oggleberry-Pipp (9-2) - Lightweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

These are two fighters with good records who had their momentum destroyed by GAMMA: The Contenders. The road back for one of them starts here. Lynn is only 21 and has great striking, I'd like to try to try and build him up as if he can develop the rest of his game he could be one for the future. I think this is a bout he can win to start that road.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ray Eton (10-5) v Jonn Wales (7-2) - Welterweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Both fighters are on losing streaks and have little in the way of name value. This is a loser leaves town match.</p><p> </p><p>

Overall I expect this PPV to go down pretty badly, there is a lack of star power on the show and I'll probably lose popularity. That's not necessarily a bad thing though as it will make finding headliners a bit easier. There are a number of bouts with ramifications for the future, including several fighters who could face the cut. This is a transitional PPV and I'll just have to suck it up and hope the company and fans aren't too unhappy.</p>

GAMMA 58: Polter v Rushton II

There are no changes to the card so lets get straight on with the action.

Prelims

Ray Eton (10-5) v Jonn Wales (7-2) - Welterweight

We kick off the show with Jonn Wales fighting for his job in his home state. Inspired by the crown Wales comes out swinging, but Eton is his equal and round 1 and 2 are exciting back and forth brawls. Round 3 starts the same way, until Eton lands a takedown, he unleashes a total of 13 power strikes from mount and Wales goes limp.

Result: Ray Eton defeats Jonn Wales (Knonk Out (Punch) in 2:02 of round 3. The match was rated as Fantastic

Robbie Lynn (6-0) v Owen Oggleberry-Pipp (9-2) - Lightweight

Lynn manages to put Pipp down in each round, however he isn't that effective on the ground when he follows up and almost loses it in round 2 when Pipp sweeps him. He wisely decides against following him to the ground in round 3 and he takes a comfortable point win, including a score of 30-26 on one score card.

Result: Robbie Lynn defeats Owen Oggleberry-Pipp (Unanimous Decision) The match was rated as being Good

Nathan Ronald (8-0) v Charlie Oakley (8-0) - Welterweight

Ronald demonstrates his power by first breaking Oakley's jaw and then dropping him. He gets swept when he follows up to the ground but the buzzer sounds before Oakley can do anything.

Round 2 sees Oakley get an early takedown, he lands some elbows which open up a big cut on Ronald's forehead. Ronald is stunned and Oakley sinks in an armbar for the win.

Result: Charlie Oakley defeats Nathan Ronald (Submission (Armbar) in 2:01 of round 2). The match was rated as being Fantastic

Jerry Bogdonovich (11-1) v Bryan Van Den Hauwe (19-7) - Light Heavyweight

J-Bog comes out swinging and it's not long before one of his right hands connects. It's a brutal uppercut and the fight is all over.

Result: Jerry Bogdonovich defeats Bryan Van Den Hauwe (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:11 of round 1). The match was rated as Good

Kel Ryan (6-2) v Terry Shakespeare (4-3) - Super Heavyweight

Ryan puts Shakespeare down three times in the first, but allows him to stand up each time, obviously confident of his striking game. It was the right decision as the 4th knockdown proves to be the final one. A brutal one sided beating.

Kel Ryan defeats Terry Shakespeare (Knock Out (Punch) in 0:43 of round 2). The match was rated as Good

Craig Hulme (8-0) v Cooper Richardson (14-6) - Welterweight

I said I'd be disappointed if Richardson beat Hulme, well life is full of disappointments and I guess this is one of them. Richardson outstrikes Hulme for all three rounds, including a 10-8 in round 3. A poor Welterweight debut for Hulme.

Result: Cooper Richardson defeats Craig Hulme (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Good

Main Card

Alan Kendall (16-5) v Will Kane (19-4) - Welterweight

Round 1 sees Kane softening Kendall up with some brutal leg kicks, before putting him down with a head kick. He can't finish him on the ground though and Kendall survives. Round 2 again sees Kane landing some nasty kicks and Kendall is limping by the midpoint of the round. Kane has this fight in the bag and he seals it with a brutal KO in the third. Great comeback after a long time out for Kane.

Result: Will Kane defeats Alan Kendall (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:57 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great

Luis Basora (22-6) v Atep of Indonesia (13-1-1 NC) - Lightweight

Round 1 sees Atep start well with some crisp striking, but Basora takes them and gets the clinch, he spends the next few minutes working Atep over against the cage and probably takes the round.

Round 2 sees the ref take a more active role, bringing them back to the centre of the cage when Basora tries to grind Atep down. As a result Atep is able to land a lot more strikes and he takes the round comfortably.

Aware that the ref won't tolerate his wall and stall Basora lands a hip toss to put Atep down at the start of the third. Atep manages to scramble back to his feet but gets caught against the cage. The ref gives it a minute before bringing them back to the middle and Atep avoids Basora's clutches for the rest of the round. Both the commentator and I have it 2-1 in favour of Basora. The judges scorecards however read 29-28 Basora, 29-28 Atep, 29-28 Atep.

Result: Atep of Indonesia defeats Luis Basora (Split Decision). The match was rated as being Average

Guillermo Morales (15-0-1) v Mike Watson (14-2) - Light Heavyweight

Morales almost finishes it in round 1, landing a T-Bone Suplex and then getting first mount and then taking Watson's back. He lands shot after shot before going for the rear naked choke, he sinks it in but the round ends before Watson has to tap.

Watson has to do better and he lands several punches at the start of the second, before putting Morales down with a big right. He follows up but can't do a lot from the guard and eventually the ref stands it up. Morales pursues Watson round the cage for the rest of the round but the Canadian is two quick to be caught.

Round 3 again sees Watson using his speed to keep out of reach and land jabs and leg kicks to rack up the points. The clock ticks down and it's a points win for Watson. One of the judges gave it to him 30-27, how you'd give him that first round I have no idea.

Result: Mike Watson defeats Guillermo Morales (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Good

Helio (20-1) v Ross Smith (11-1) - Lightweight

Helio comes out throwing kicks and punches and forces Smith onto the back foot from the start. It's not long before he catches him with a combo, stunning Smith and then putting him away with a right hook.

Result: Helio defeats Ross Smith (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:42 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good

Matthew Dean (38-6) v Junior Patinkin (18-3) - Light Heavyweight

Patinkin uses his jab well to counter a couple of takedown attempts from Dean, however he eventually gets caught on his heels and dragged to the mat. There isn't really long enough left in the round for Dean to do any damage though and Patinkin probably just edged that round.

Round 2 sees Dean gets the takedown much earlier, he spends the whole round on top and goes for several submission attempts. Patinkin defends well though and Dean can't get the finish.

Round 3 is a carbon copy of round 2 and Dean has surely secured a comfortable points victory. One judge manages to give the fight to Patinkin but overall justice is done.

Result: Matthew Dean defeats Junior Patinkin (Split Decision). The match was rated as Decent

Hanley Polter (8-0) v Davey Rushton (7-1) - Super Heavyweight Title

Rushton starts aggressively landing several good strikes, while all Polter can do is counter with weak jabs. Round 2 though finally see Polter manage to clinch and he drags the fight to the ground. He beats Rushton up and goes for several submission attempts but can't quite get it.

Round 3 sees Polter take it to the mat again and he lands several big strikes, Rushton is forced to give up his back to survive and it's not long before Polter grabs the choke. It's all over and Polter has defended his title.

Result: Hanley Polter defeats Davey Rushton (Submission (Reaar Naked Choke) in 3:52 of round 3. The match was rated as being Excellent

Post Show Analysis

Pop +1.7% US, +5.0% Can, +4.5% Mex

Crit 84% Com 78%

Gate: £1,441,300

Sponsorship: £74,619

PPV: £10,195,200

Merchandise: £9,484

Fighters: -£678,270

Drug Tests: - £28,800

Production: -£123,549

Total: £10,889,984

I was surprised by the high commercial rating of the PPV, however I'm not going to complain. The fact that the main event turned out to be the most exciting fight in GAMMA history (and my first Excellently rated bout) means the Critical Rating was decent as well and I end up gaining popularity.

The prelims didn't quite go to plan, with Ronald, Wales and Hulme all losing. At least Bogdonovich and Ryan picked up wins. Wales, Van Den Hauwe and Shakespeare all get the bullet, helping to clear out my roster a little.

Will Kane got back to winning ways, I'll be looking to book him as soon as he is ready as he's knocking on and needs to build some name value.

Luis Basora lost by split decision for the second time in a row. To make matter worse he was robbed as he comfortably won two of the rounds, I guess his dull style just doesn't find favour with the judges. As all his fights have been close he'll get another chance on the main show but he'll need to take it. Atep got the win but it wasn't convincing and he won't get a title shot just yet.

Watson derailed Morales and with two wins in a row he's starting the climb back to another title shot. However all his in game wins have come by decision and I'd like to see him knock someone out before I give him his big chance. This bout saw some terrible scoring from one of the judges, but it didn't alter the overall result.

Helio did what was expected of him, as did Matthew Dean. although his win was marred slightly some more poor judging. He's probably not quite ready for a Light Heavyweight Title shot.

Finally the main event turned out to be a belter. Polter showed why he is the number 1 ranked Super Heavyweight in the world and at Low National popularity and +5 Momentum he is a genuine headliner. I'm still struggling for opponents though, which means Rushton may get a third bout if he can pick up a couple of wins.

Overall the show went a lot better than expected and it helped get several names back to winning ways, allowing me to build for the future.

Thanks, work has been a nightmare recently but once March is out the way (Financial Year end) I should have more time in the evenings, at the moment it's pretty much restricted to playing at the weekends.

Rest of the World: March 2003

ALPHA-1

ALPHA-1 continue their monthly schedule with Heikichi Shimizu (9-0) v Ren Akai (10-0) in a battle of the inbeaten streaks. Shimizu is one of ALPHA-1's top draws at Low International level and a fight against Sukarno would be one of the biggest in MMA history. Times running out for Shimizu at 37 so hopefully they'll pull the trigger on this one soon. On the undercard Kojuro Kudo (16-4-1) pulled off a shock victory against Jonathan Huang (9-0), to end his unbeaten streak.

XCC

XCC rose to third in the world with Basset v Rockmetteller II. This saw Ollie Rockmetteller (11-1) get his revenge against Willy Bassett (22-2) to claim the Bantamweight Title and no doubt set up the rubber match somewhere down the line.

FLB

35 year old Vagner (20-8) beat Ademir Coelho (11-5) by 4th round KO. Coelho was already coming off a loss and seems an odd choice to headline.

CCC

Jordan Flintstone (8-0) beats Dwayne Alleyne (11-0) to win the vacant Middleweight Title. The co-main sees Toby Dingleberry (9-0) beat Rupert Dreck for the vacant Light Heavyweight Title. However there is uncertainty over whether or not either fighter will get the chance to defend their titles as rumours of CCC's financial position start to circulate.

APRIL 2003 - GAMMA Announce: GAMMA 59: Herringbone v John

GAMMA 59 will come from Arizona and is going to see the Light Heavyweight Title on the line as Lawrence Herringbone seeks to defend against Marlon John.

Lawrence Herringbone (19-1) v Marlon John (16-1) - Light Heavyweight Title

Herringbone has been impressive since taking the title from Rubenstein, however this is the first time he's faced a wrestler of similar skill level. John is the deserved challenger, sitting at number 2 in the GAMMA rankings and having beaten Rubenstein and LeToussier to get here. This is rated as a strong main event and should be enough to sell the PPV.

Co-Main Event

Rich Robinson (11-0) v Darin Blood (16-7) - Welterweight

Robinson debuted with a TKO win over Joe Hinchcliffe but he faces a much tougher opponent here. It's a big chance for Robinson to make a name for himself against talented all rounder.

Nate MacReary (9-0) v Tank Manu'a (20-7) - Heavyweight

Despite his 3 wins MacReary has struggled to make a name for himself so far due to the poor quality of his fights. Some of this is no doubt due to the opponent and I don't see things improving here as he takes on the veteran Tank Manu'a. Manu'a isn't known for his exciting fights but he is unbeaten since the game started and should prove a stern test for MacReary.

Nicholas Bretton (17-5) v Floyd Haywood (8-0) - Lightweight

25 year old Haywood makes his GAMMA debut against Nicholas Bretton. Both fighters have good momentum behind them but this division is very competitive with the amount of new talent I've been bringing in. Bretton has decent name value (High Regional) a win here could push him up to National, earning him a potential number 1 contenders fight. A loss for Haywood on his debut would derail his momentum but he'd have plenty of time to recover, a win on the other hand would just be the first step on a long road as he'd need to prove himself a bit more before getting thrown in against the elite.

Norman Pike (18-7) v Wilson Franklyn (12-2) - Heavyweight

Both fighters have wins over low ranking opponents, however you can't fight dross forever and a win for one of them here will bump them up the rankings. It will probably only be with a view to putting over someone younger and better but you've got to build your midcard gate keepers somehow.

Dexter Darling (19-7-1) v Bill Brown (10-0) - Middleweight

Despite his recent losses Darling still has good name value (Low National) and as such he's the perfect opponent for a debuting Bill Brown. Brown has a decent name value in Mexico and Canada thanks to his time in CCC and OMEGA but he's not really known in his native America. I'll be looking to build his name value up with wins over a few veterans before putting him into a tough fight.

Prelims

Alex Cole (11-2) v Bart Diggs (9-6) - Middleweight

Both fighters are on losing streaks, being 0-2 since coming to GAMMA. A third loss will see them getting the boot, while the other fighter will earn a stay of execution and probably be used to put someone else over.

Joshua Ziegler (9-4) v Jackson Mollusck (7-5) - Welterweight

Two more fighters on poor form, if Mollusck loses he'll be 0-3 and that will be it for him. Ziegler is 1-1 at the moment so he'll probably be able to take another loss without getting cut.

Goncalves Cassaro (10-1) v Brendon Job (6-2) - Lightweight

Cassaro lost his GAMMA debut against Ross Smith, he's only 24 though and a couple of easy wins on the prelims should see him ready for another shot at the big time. He should get the first of those wins against Brendon Job, who is likely on his way out after losing this one.

Tyrone Malik (8-1) v Owen Hyde (11-1) - Middleweight

Hyde was on good form when I put in a bid to sign him, going 5-0 against local fighters. However I didn't notice that he had a fight lined up against Meji Hagiwara on the Japanese local circuit. He lost that and now he's coming in needing some momentum. Malik won't be an easy fight and Hyde may find his time in GAMMA is short.

Eli Harris (10-5) v Ryder Myllart (7-1) - Welterweight

Two fighters on winning streaks make their GAMMA debuts. Neither is ever going to be a star but with the right build they could become a jobber to the stars.

Timmy Dukes (5-0) v Irving Braun (9-0) - Lightweight

These two were featured on GAMMA: The Contenders so despite their unbeaten records both have -1 momentum. Despite his record Braun is pretty poor and I expect 24 year old Dukes to get the win here.

From a personal point of view this is one of my least interesting PPV's for a while. I don't really mind who wins the main event (both have already beaten Rubenstein, ruling him out of any future shot), and they are similar name value and skill level.

The undercard has a number of fights where I'll be hoping for a particular individual to win, but none which have an impact at the top of the card. I'd be gutted in Brown lost, but I don't see that happening.

GAMMA 59: Herringbone v John

There are no changes to the line up so let's get it on.

Prelims

Timmy Dukes (5-0) v Irving Braun (9-0) - Lightweight

Braun gets an early takedown and swiftly transitions to mount. He starts hammering Dukes, who seems helpless and the ref is forced to step in.

Result: Irving Braun defeats Timmy Dukes (TKO (Strikes) in 2:05 of round 1. The match was rated as Great

Eli Harris (10-5) v Ryder Myllart (7-1) - Welterweight

Harris grabs a clinch and pushes Myllart up against the cage, he sweeps a leg and gets mount, from there it's only a matter of time.

Eli Harris defeats Ryder Myllart (TKO (Strikes) in 2:02 of round 1). The match was rated as Great

Tyrone Malik (8-1) v Owen Hyde (11-1) - Middleweight

It's been all about the wrestlers so far and this fight doesn't change things, however, in contrast to the earlier fights, this isn't a ground and pound showcase. Instead we see the ugly side of wrestling as Malik uses three rounds of wall and stall to take a points victory. Yawn.

Result: Tyrone Malik defeats Owen Hyde (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Poor

Goncalves Cassaro (10-1) v Brendon Job (6-2) - Lightweight

Cassaro gains an early advantage, putting Job down with a left hook and then beating him up on the ground. He decides to let Job back up and puts him straight back down again with another hook. The fight continues in this vain, with Cassaro putting Job down a total of 7 times in the fight. Each time he lets him up though and eventually the fight goes to the judges.

Result: Goncalves Cassaro defeats Brendon Job (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Decent

Joshua Ziegler (9-4) v Jackson Mollusck (7-5) - Welterweight

Ziegler works the jab well, but he hits nothing but air every time he tries to land anything harder. He does do a good job of keeping Mollusck at range though and although Mollusck lands takedowns in the 2nd and third they are both too late in the rounds to matter.

Joshua Ziegler defeats Jackson Mollusck (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Good

Alex Cole (11-2) v Bart Diggs (9-6) - Middleweight

Diggs tries to keep Cole at a distance with a couple of leg kicks, however Cole steams through them and puts Diggs down with a nasty left, right combination. He dives on him and moves to side control, then mount with ease. He starts to rain down bombs and the ref ends it.

Result: Alex Cole defeats Bart Diggs (TKO (Strikes) in 2:08 of round 1. The match was rated as Great

Main Show

Dexter Darling (19-7-1) v Bill Brown (10-0) - Middleweight

Darling grabs an early clinch and tries to push Brown up against the cage. Brown is equal to him though and we see them exchange the dominant position several times over the course of round 1. Round 2 sees Darling try and do the same thing. Brown flings him over his head and gains side control, however he then steps back letting Darling up. Darling grabs the clinch again and the rest of the round is a mess.

Round 3 sees Brown put Darling down with a Greco-Roman Slam and mounts Darling. Despite managing to stay in mount for over 4 minutes of the round Brown can't finish him and we go to the judges. Brown takes it 29-28.

Bill Brown defeats Dexter Darling (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Average

Norman Pike (18-7) v Wilson Franklyn (12-2) - Heavyweight

Pike is relentless in his hunt for a takedown, going for 4 in the first round. Franklyn blocks them all though and takes the round with his striking.

Round 2 sees Pike finally get the takedown and he takes full advantage, slapping on an arm triangle for the win.

Result: Norman Pike defeats Wilson Franklyn (Submission (Arm Triangle) in 2:59 of round 2. The match was rated as Decent

Nicholas Bretton (17-5) v Floyd Haywood (8-0) - Lightweight

Round 1 sees the fighters exchanging strikes, with Bretton just getting the better of it. Haywood gets a takedown with a minute to go and but can't keep Bretton down. The commentator gives the round to Haywood, while I give it to Bretton.

Round 2 again sees them striking with a late takedown from Haywood. Again I give the round to Bretton while the commentator gives it to Haywood.

Haywood lands a much earlier takedown in round 3 but gets swept and spends most of it on his back. This time both the commentator and I agree that Bretton took the round.

The judges score it 29-28 Bretton, 29-28 Haywood, 29-28 Haywood. Haywood wins by split decision. He landed 13 strikes to Bretton's 30 but those three takedowns were obviously enough to sway the judges.

Result: Floyd Haywood defeats Nicholas Bretton (Split Decision). The match was rated as Great

Nate MacReary (9-0) v Tank Manu'a (20-7) - Heavyweight

As expected this one is not a candidate for fight of the night, it's not as bad as it could be though as MacReary is aggressive throughout. He lacks finesse in his stand up game though and although he controls the grapple when ever Manu'a tries to initiate one he never looks like finishing it.

Result: Nate MacReary defeats Tank Manu'a (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Average

Co-Main Event

Rich Robinson (11-0) v Darin Blood (16-7) - Welterweight

Round 1 is pretty even, Blood lands some hard strikes but Robinson is able to grab the clinch to avoid any serious trouble. The round is close but Robinson probably takes it.

Round 2 is much more clear cut. Robinson slams Blood early on and he's able to work Blood over on the ground. Blood eventually manages to get back to his feet but the damage is done. It's two rounds to nil. Blood slumps on his stool and it looks like he's already conceded defeat.

Round 3 pretty much peters out, Robinson seems confident that he's won, while Blood lacks the fire to go for the win. Blood gets a late trip takedown and probably takes the round but it's not enough as all three judges score it 29-28 for Robinson.

Result: Rich Robinson defeats Darin Blood (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Average

Main Event

Lawrence Herringbone (19-1) v Marlon John (16-1) - Light Heavyweight Title

This is 5 rounds of clinching and lay and pray. Herringbone proves to be the superior wrestler, scoring 3 out of 6 of his takedowns compared to 1 of 5 for John. Herringbone also generally controlled the clinch but neither was particularly active from it (41 strikes for Herringbone to 30 for John). The judges score it 48-47, 48-47, 49-46 in favour of Herringbone but that was a pretty dreadful fight.

Result: Lawrence Herringbone defeats Marlon John (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Poor

Post Show Analysis

Pop +2.1% US, +5.0% Can, +4% Mex

Crit 60% Com 87%

Gate: £1,434,202

Sponsorship: £77,843

PPV: £15,151,200

Merchandise: £8,753

Fighters: -£505,912

Drug Tests: -£28,800

Production: -£116,644

Total: £16,020,642

After the over achievement that was GAMMA 58 this one brought me back down to earth with a bump. However I still experienced decent popularity gains, thanks to the high Commercial Rating. In fact the gain was enough to put me up to Low International Popularity. This means I'm now at least Low National Popularity in ever part of the world and it really opens things up for me.

Bart Diggs and Jackson Mollusck both get cut. Braun and Harris both impressed, although, given their poor skills this might be the height of their success.

Malik won but failed to impress, while Cassaro relied on his striking to win. Something he was only able to do because Job is so bad at it. Ziegler and Cole but got wins but be fighting on the main show any time soon.

Bill Brown won his debut but showed a lack of killer instinct. Hopefully that was first night nerves and he'll do better next time. At least he improved his name value to Mid Regional.

Pike made it two wins in a row and he'll face some proper competition next time out. Franklyn on the other hand will likely be given an easy one next time out, although whether that's on the main card or the prelims I'm yet to decide.

Haywood got lucky in my view but he kept his undefeated streak alive. He'll need to do better next time out though. Bretton was unlucky and won't find himself relegated to the prelims yet. This is a frustrating result as three televised wins in a row for Bretton would have seen him hovering near the top of my Lightweight rankings, while Haywood isn't even in the top 10.

MacReary showed that for all his physical gifts he really needs to work on his striking. He can control fights but one finish in 4 isn't good enough.

Blood's performance was poor, Robinson is starting to make a name for himself though and a win in his next fight could see him hitting the big time. I'll need to give his next opponent some careful thought.

The main event was pretty bad. Still a win is a win and Herringbone is starting to look like a dominant champion.

GAMMA takeover Classic Cage Combat

This is the big news of the month. CCC's financial woes continue and I decide to buy them out for just over $500K. I've got money to burn and I don't think I've ever had a child org before.

CCC share a lot of their fighters with OMEGA, that won't do for anyone I think has a shot at joining GAMMA and I offer a fair few of them exclusive contracts, when they sign I immediately ship them back down to CCC. I don't do this with their champions though as I assume it will lead to their titles being stripped, which I don't want. I'll just have to put up with them going off to OMEGA on occasion.

I also go on a large signing spree, the fighters I target are all young up and comers who I think could have a future, in particular I sign several Featherweights who can fight at Lightweight. They can build themselves up in CCC and will form part of my Featherweight division when I start it.

I'll be interested to see how CCC use these fighters and will be following their progress closely.

Rest of the World: April 2003

GAMMA

My new found world wide popularity opens up an entire new set of media companies who are interested in doing business with me. The problem however is that North America Prime Select, who are my current PPV provider in the USA, Canada and Mexico insist on exclusive content and there isn't another company who covers the US, other than USA Free Choice who are only rated as Big. I decide to sign TV contracts with someone in every other region (other than Africa who don't have anyone) and use them for my Battlelines TV series. Once I see how that goes I'll look at maybe setting up my own PPV provider for the US, to allow me to use the contracts elsewhere.

To celebrate my new International status I snap up Lamont Banner and Aleksander Ivanov.

ALPHA-1

Carlos da Guia (22-0) faced off against Thais Antonio Taffarel (23-3) in his 5th defense of the Middleweight Title. In a massive shock Da Guia loses both his title and his unbeaten record by 2nd round KO. His contract is up for renewal and if he was still unbeaten I'd definitely be interested. However he's only Mid Regional in the US, he's 31 and now on -1 momentum. This was before I climbed to International level and I decide to pass.

XCC

Lamont Banner (11-0) beats Philip Ziskie (22-4-2) for the third time. There is obviously nothing for him left to do in XCC and I snap him up on a big money contract. It's a big blow to XCC, who have just lost one of their biggest names.

OMEGA

Billy Russell (8-0) beats Frederico Vergara (9-0) to win the vacant Middleweight Title. In the Co-Main event Don Norman (27-17) loses his Heavyweight Title to Taye Burnett (9-0). He'd already lost to him in CCC for their Vacant Heavyweight Title and he must be getting sick of facing him by now.

BCF

Valentin Taneyev (12-1) beats Faas Smit to win the vacant Light Heavyweight Title by first round KO. BCF rake in over $1.7 Mil off of PPV, smashing their previous best of $952K for Soldo v Kitson.

KDM FC

Jeffrey Wu (3-1) a 33 year old computer generated fighter beats Michael Woo (5-0), another computer generated fighter, in the main event. Wu is an ex-boxer who was one of the best in the country. He has great striking skills, it's just a shame he is 33.

SIGMA

Aleksander Ivanov (11-1) beats Stanislaw Lipnicki (17-8) in the main event. His contract is up and I sign him up as well. He's only known in Europe but he's only 26, has +4 Momentum and is well worth signing.

CCC

This is the first show under my ownership, although it was booked before I took over. The main event saw Julian Beals (10-1) draw with Glen Siemaszko (9-2-1) for the vacant Lightweight Title. I wish I could change the rules for the org as these 60 minute draws are ridiculous. I'll be interested to see what they book next time out with all their new names.

Rest of the World: April 2003

GAMMA

My new found world wide popularity opens up an entire new set of media companies who are interested in doing business with me. The problem however is that North America Prime Select, who are my current PPV provider in the USA, Canada and Mexico insist on exclusive content and there isn't another company who covers the US, other than USA Free Choice who are only rated as Big. I decide to sign TV contracts with someone in every other region (other than Africa who don't have anyone) and use them for my Battlelines TV series. Once I see how that goes I'll look at maybe setting up my own PPV provider for the US, to allow me to use the contracts elsewhere.

To celebrate my new International status I snap up Lamont Banner and Aleksander Ivanov.

ALPHA-1

Carlos da Guia (22-0) faced off against Thais Antonio Taffarel (23-3) in his 5th defense of the Middleweight Title. In a massive shock Da Guia loses both his title and his unbeaten record by 2nd round KO. His contract is up for renewal and if he was still unbeaten I'd definitely be interested. However he's only Mid Regional in the US, he's 31 and now on -1 momentum. This was before I climbed to International level and I decide to pass.

XCC

Lamont Banner (11-0) beats Philip Ziskie (22-4-2) for the third time. There is obviously nothing for him left to do in XCC and I snap him up on a big money contract. It's a big blow to XCC, who have just lost one of their biggest names.

OMEGA

Billy Russell (8-0) beats Frederico Vergara (9-0) to win the vacant Middleweight Title. In the Co-Main event Don Norman (27-17) loses his Heavyweight Title to Taye Burnett (9-0). He'd already lost to him in CCC for their Vacant Heavyweight Title and he must be getting sick of facing him by now.

BCF

Valentin Taneyev (12-1) beats Faas Smit to win the vacant Light Heavyweight Title by first round KO. BCF rake in over $1.7 Mil off of PPV, smashing their previous best of $952K for Soldo v Kitson.

KDM FC

Jeffrey Wu (3-1) a 33 year old computer generated fighter beats Michael Woo (5-0), another computer generated fighter, in the main event. Wu is an ex-boxer who was one of the best in the country. He has great striking skills, it's just a shame he is 33.

SIGMA

Aleksander Ivanov (11-1) beats Stanislaw Lipnicki (17-8) in the main event. His contract is up and I sign him up as well. He's only known in Europe but he's only 26, has +4 Momentum and is well worth signing.

CCC

This is the first show under my ownership, although it was booked before I took over. The main event saw Julian Beals (10-1) draw with Glen Siemaszko (9-2-1) for the vacant Lightweight Title. I wish I could change the rules for the org as these 60 minute draws are ridiculous. I'll be interested to see what they book next time out with all their new names.

Really? That is ****ing hilarious :D:D:D:D

May 2003: GAMMA Announce - GAMMA 60: Kapur v Fujimoto

Rav Kapur (15-0) v Gyokusho Fujimoto (14-2) - Heavyweight Title

Rav Kapur has become one of my biggest stars since beating James Foster for the Heavyweight Title. However he know faces probably his toughest challenge yet. Fujimoto is coming off four straight wins but with only one of those in GAMMA (a first round KO of Fatuma Roy) he isn't that well known in the states and I'm relying on Kapur to sell this fight with anyone but the hardcore fans. It's a strong main event but I could have issues if Fujimoto wins and I think he will. My plan is for Kapur to go to Super Heavyweight if he loses, Fujimoto's first defence will depend on the results of upcoming fights but hopefully it will be James Foster.

Co-Main Event

David Allen (19-4) v Rufus Stephens (19-3) - Welterweight

Rufus Stephens looked like he had earned a shot at the Welterweight title with his wins over Nathan Chambers, however a serious arm injury in November 2001 put paid to that and in that time Chambers leapfrogged him and got a shot of his own. Stephens got back on track with a win over Gabriel Gallego and another win here could finally see him earn that title shot. David Allen is coming off three straight wins but has been over performing and I expect to see that run come to an end here, however if he manages to get the win he'll be the one who earns the title shot. Either way I end up with a challenger for Regueiro.

Bud Brockett (12-3) v Jake Keane (27-4-1 NC) - Lightweight

Brockett is an awesome wrestler but doesn't have much else in his locker, I've protected him a bit to build him up since his loss to Bruce Steven and now he finally faces a real challenge. Jake Keane is a good all rounder but he is definitely on the decline (12 red arrows on his skills screen). A win for Brockett would be my perfect result here but a Keane victory would possibly set him up with a rematch with Atep of Indonesia.

William Harrison (12-0) v Derek South (16-7) - Light Heavyweight

Ex OMEGA and CCC Light Heavyweight Champion Harrison makes his GAMMA debut. He is a good all rounder and I expect him to have too much for Derek South. This fight is set up purely to improve Harrison's name value, but he's in against a fighter I like, whose on a winning streak meaning that, if the upset does happen, I'm at least left with someone I'll be happy to use in a more prominent role.

George Pickering (10-2) v Angus Silversmith (7-0) - Super Heavyweight

Two of my bigger names in the division the winner of this bout will almost certainly get a title shot. I'd prefer Silversmith to get the win as he is 11 years younger and unbeaten. However if Pickering earns the shot then I can go with the older fighter getting one shot at the gold before his likely retirement angle which should also sell some tickets.

Manuel Silva (18-2) v Josh Aldarisio (17-2) - Welterweight

Silva is fighting for his career here. He's 0-2 in GAMMA so far but there have been numerous changes to the fight engine since his last bout and a win here will prove he's still got it. Aldarisio is 36 and at that age every loss has people talking about the possibility of the curtain coming down on your career. A loss here will make it two in a row for him and will probably see him relegated to midcard gatekeeper until his eventual retirement or release. As such this fight has big ramifications for both fighters.

Prelims

Woody Fierstein (12-7) v Barrett Fforde (8-5) - Middleweight

Two poor fighters who both somehow picked up wins in their last outings. Another win here will see them on a streak and may potentially even see them get a chance on the main show.

Pai Cheng (8-1) v Frank Sheedy (21-13) - Heavyweight

Pai Cheng lost last time out in a dull match up with Nate MacReary. This fight looks like it could be just as bad as Frank Sheedy isn't exactly known for providing thrills. However this is just about getting Cheng back to winning ways and I expect him to beat Sheedy comfortably.

Glenn Pimm (34-13-1 NC) v Joel Petty (6-0) - Light Heavyweight

38 year old Glenn Pimm was brought in purely to provide a test and a springboard for other fighters. That's what he is doing here against 22 year old Joel Petty, who impressed last time out with a first round submission victory on his debut.

Ken Peters (12-3) v Anthony LeToussier (15-4) - Light Heavyweight

LeToussier is a little unlucky to find himself relegated to the prelims after losing to Marlon John but the Light Heavyweight division is a tough one and his loss to Marlon John means he is outside the top ten. A win here should see him back on the main show next time out, Peters has decent wrestling skills and actually has a 2-1 record since the game began. I don't really want him on the main show as he is so dull but a win here would see him making a pretty decent claim.

Ikeda Kenkichio (7-0) v Aaron McBroom (13-5) - Lightweight

Unbeaten prospect Kenkichio makes his GAMMA debut against veteran Aaron McBroom. This is just about getting Kenkichio some name value and momentum before he appears on the main show. A win for McBroom is also fine though as it will see him go 3-1 since the game began and he'll also then be worthy on a main show appearance. The difference will be in their likely future opponent. Kenkichi will probably face someone I expect him to beat whereas McBroom will likely be putting someone else over.

Avery Gleeson (7-1) v Benny Danare (11-5) - Lightweight

Neither of these guys are much good but I expect Danare to pick up the win here. Whoever wins it will just be delaying the inevitable for either fighter as they don't have the skills to progress much beyond their current level.

Overall I'm pleased with how this PPV has shaped up. The main event should sell tickets and it's a very tough test for Kapur. I've probably got two number one contenders bouts and I care about the results of the other three main card bouts as well. The prelims are the usual bunch of dross but even there I have a few young fighters who I want to see win.

GAMMA 60: Kapur v Fujimoto

Fierstein v Fforde is cancelled when Fforde suffers a minor pelvic industry, he's out for a month which is just long enough to lead to the fight being cancelled. A bigger loss is my co-main event, David Allen injuries himself a day before the fight and it's a bad one, he's going to spend the next 2 years on the sidelines. Peters v LeToussier gets moved to the main card but it's not only weakened my show but I've lost my number one contender match at Welterweight.

Prelims

Avery Gleason (7-1) v Benny Danare (11-5) - Lightweight

After an initial exchange of strikes, it doesn't take long for Danare to take Gleason to the ground. He soon sinks in an arm triangle for the win.

Result: Benny Danare defeats Avery Gleason (submission (Arm Triangle) in 1:51 of round 1). The match was rated as Great

Ikeda Kenkichio (7-0) v Aaron McBroom (13-5) - Lightweight

The first round is spent mostly in the clinch, both fighters attempt a number of takedowns and eventually Kenkichio gets one with seconds remaining to take the round.

Round two again sees them clinch and again they both look for the takedown, while exchanging strikes. Kenkichio gets a much more decisive one this time round, slamming McBroom and also submitting him. he buzzer goes just as he gets the hooks locked in on the rear naked choke.

McBroom looks like he is already resigned to a loss and Kenkichio spends most of the round chasing him round the cage. Kenkichio takes it 3 rounds to nil.

Result: Ikeda Kenkichio defeats Aaron McBroom (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Good

Glenn Pimm (34-13-1 NC) v Joel Petty (6-0) - Light Heavyweight

Pimm starts the fight aggressively, trading strikes and pressurising Petty. It's a pretty even round, the commentator gives it to Petty.Round 2 is much the same and round 3 sees Petty take Pimm down but fail to do much down there. At the end of the fight the commentator has it 3-0 for Petty. The judges scores however are: 29-28 Pimm, 30-27 Petty, 30-27 Pimm. Pimm has taken a very close fight and while Petty will be gutted that's what happens when you leave it in the hands of the judges.

Result: Glenn Pimm defeats Joel Petty (Split Decision). The match was rated as being Great

Pai Cheng (8-1) v Frank Sheedy (21-13) - Heaavyweight

Cheng clinches then takes Sheedy down with a sweep. He takes Sheedy's back and after stunning him with some hard punches, he chokes him out.

Result: Pai Cheng defeats Frank Sheedy (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 2:15 of round 1. The match was rated as Great

Main Show

Manuel Silva (18-2) v Josh Aldarisio (17-2) - Welterweight

Silva fails to take his drink in the last chance saloon, getting taken down in the first two rounds and beaten up on the deck. He manages to keep on his feet in the last round, as the ageing Aldarisio tires, but overall it's a comfortably points win for Aldarisio.

Result: Josh Aldarisio defeats Manuel Silva (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Great

Ken Peters (12-3) v Anthony LeToussier (15-4) - Light Heavyweight

Peters manages to score a takedown in round one on the second attempt, however LeToussier kepts his back to the cage and Peter's can't really take advantage, he takes the round though. He does the same in round two, and when the ref stands them back up again he puts him straight back down. It looks like Peters is going to grind out a win, however as he shoots in for a takedown in the third LeToussier wobbles him with a hook. He follows up with a straight right which puts Peters down and out.

Anthony LeToussier defeats Ken Peters (Knock Out (Punch) in 0:35 of round 3. The match was rated as Average

George Pickering (10-2) v Angus Silversmith (7-0) - Super Heavyweight

Pickering is the bookies favourite here (-800 to +630) and he justifies it with a quick leg trip from the clinch and rear naked choke for the win in the first round.

Result: George Pickering defeats Angus Silversmith (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 1:19 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good

William Harrison (12-0) v Derek South (16-7) - Light Heavyweight

Harrison starts brightly but then gets pushed up against the cage where South works him over. The commentator gives the round to Harrison but I think that was clearly one for South.

Harrison initiates the clinch this time and relentlessly pursues a takedown, making 6 attempts, most being throws or trips. South defends well though and Harrison can't get him down. The commentator gives it to South, presumably for his good defense as he didn't do anything on the offence.

Round 3 is very similar to round 1, and again the commentator gives it to Harrison while I give it to South. However the only people whose scores matter are the judges and the score it, 29-28 South, 29-28 Harrison, 28-28. It's a draw, not a great debut for Harrison.

Result: William Harrison draws with Derek South (Split Draw). The match was rated as poor

Co-Main Event

Bud Brockett (12-3) v Jake Kean (27-4-1 NC) - Lightweight

Brockett and Keane find themselves in the Co-Main event following the injury to Allen. Neither really step up to the plate in the first round as the engage in some messy striking and clinching. The fight comes to life in round two as Keane drops Brockett with a hook and dives in to try and finish him. He rocks him with several bombs but he can't finish him and Brockett regains his feet. Brockett then gets a takedown on his own but when he tries to mount Keane he loses position and this time it's Keane who scrambles to his feet. It's probably once round each going into the third.

Brockett lands an early belly to belly and puts Keane down. He controls him for most of the round and goes for a couple of subs, but can't finish it. I think Brockett has that 2 rounds to 1 but the judges see it differently and Keane walks away the winner.

Result: Jake Keane defeats Bud Brockett (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Decent

Main Event

Rav Kapur (15-0) v Gyokusho Fujimoto (14-2) - Heavyweight Title

As you might expect this is a pure striking contest, Fujimoto absolutely dominates it as Kapur spends the whole fight swinging and missing, while Fujimoto is brutally accurate. He puts Kapur down in the second and picks him apart with some vicious leg kicks. By round 3 Kapur is limping and Fujimoto continues the assault putting him down again at the end of the third. Round four sees the nail in the coffin for Kapur as Fujimoto puts him away to claim the title. That was incredibly one sided with Kapur only managing to land 2 strikes the entire fight.

Result: Gyokusho Fujimoto defeats Rav Kapur (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:00 of round 4. The match was rated as Good

Post Show

Pop: +2.4% US, +3.7% Mex, +5% Can

Crit 68% Com 89%

Gate: £2,933,146

Sponsorship: £77,365

PPV: £16,708,800

Merchandise: £14,196

Fighters: -£529,214

Drug Tests: -£24,000

Production: -£118,756

Total: £19,061,537

Another money maker and my best commercial rating since Kapur's last fight. He was definitely on his way to becoming a star and it will be interesting to see how Fujimoto does. He's only High Level Regional so I'll need to find a popular opponent for him. Kapur won't get a rematch after that beating and instead I move him to Super Heavyweight where I expect him to be a dominant champion once he recovers from this beatdown.

Jake Keane got pretty lucky in the Co-Main and he's still struggling to pick up much momentum or popularity. Brockett was unlucky but at 28 he'll get other chances.

Harrison's debut was incredibly disappointing. He won't even get a second chance to beat South as the match quality was so poor. I'll just have to hope he does better next time out.

Pickering beat the much younger Silversmith with ease. Silversmith is another one with many years ahead of him and he'll be back. Pickering will likely get a number one contenders shot in the near future.

LeToussier showed that it's not over until the last round has finished and I'm pleased Peters didn't win. I'll put him back on the prelims against someone he'll hopefully lose to and then I'll sack him. LeToussier has headline potential if he can pick up another win, especially if I decide to run a show in Canada.

Finally Manuel Silva lost again and I release him, it costs me $10K and he still had neutral momentum so I could have kept him around for another fight. However I think it's better to let him go so he can have a chance at saving his career, probably back in FLB. His American Dream turned into a complete nightmare which has destroyed his reputation.

The prelims were all decent fights, although Pimm's win was a bit annoying. Petty is only 22 and I move him down to CCC to get some experience.

Rest of the World: May 2003

FLB

It's a pretty quiet month in the world of MMA this month, however one bout that gets people talking is 37 year old Mario de Souza (27-10) challenging Leonardo da Costa (17-7) for the Middleweight Title. De Souza proves that age is just a number with a third round KO.

June 2003: GAMMA ANNOUNCE: GAMMA 61: Kanchelskis v Moura

Main Event

Fjodor Kanchelskis (17-0) v Braulio Moura (27-3-1 NC) - Middleweight Title

Braulio Moura finally gets his chance against Fjodor Kanchelskis after an injury to Kanchelskis robbed him of his shot back in January. Moura was thrown into a short notice fight with Adam White, which he won by 3rd round KO and he'll be looking to do the same here. It's classic striker vs wrestler in a bout which sadly only rates as a potential main event.

Co-Main Event

Neil Napier (20-2) v Patrick Thomas (21-5) - Middleweight

More Middleweight action in the co-main, this provides a backup fighter in case one of the main event guys get injured and will also go a long way to determining who gets the next shot. Thomas lost to Dean, but has since rebounded with a win over Sutton Ripley and could be back in the title picture with a win here. Napier's last outing was a loss to Moura so he's a few wins away from being in contention, this would be a good starting point though. This is rated as suitable for the main card.

Bobby Brubaker (15-5) v Will Kane (20-4) - Welterweight

Will Kane gets another chance to test himself against ex-welterweight champion Bobby Brubaker. Kane is on a tightrope here as, due to his age, low name value and lack of momentum, a loss will likely mean he never gets that shot at the title he came to GAMMA for. A win against the ex-champ however would go a long way to pushing his claim. This is pretty much Brubaker's role until Regueiro loses the title. This is rated as suitable for the prelims.

Gladstone Lopes (16-2-1) v John Rivero (15-6) - Heavyweight

Both fighters are coming off a loss, I only want one of them to get back to winning ways. Hopefully Lopes will win this one comfortably, relegating Rivero to the prelims.

Brandon Sugar (28-6) v Bruce Steven (21-10) - Lightweight

Both fighters are 33 and are on poor form, with Sugar losing his last two outings (albeit to Morrison and Lermontov) while Steven lost his last bout to Jake Keane. Both fighters specialise in submissions so this should be one for the purist.

Noddy Pascow (9-1) v Efren Luat (10-0) - Super Heavyweight

Luat is 3-0 in GAMMA and it's only the poor quality of his fights which have prevented him from getting a title shot by now. A win here should mean he can't be denied. Pascow is 1-1 and only managed to scrape a split decision victory last time out. A win here will keep his head above water and will leave me needing a different number 1 contender. As such this fight is a bit of a risk but Luat isn't quite ready for a title shot yet.

Prelims

Sutton Ripley (18-5) v Nick Detroit (11-3) - Middleweight

Both fighters are on losing streaks, although Ripley's is to a far better calibre of opponent. Whoever loses here will be leaving GAMMA and I expect Detroit to be the one packing his bags.

Holden Strant (9-5) v Budiman Lie (7-1) - Middleweight

Both fighters lost on their GAMMA debuts and need a win to keep their jobs. Hopefully it will be the 24 year old Lie rather than 31 year old Strant who picks up the win.

Taki Inouye (15-1) v Foggy Lee (14-3) - Lightweight

Two fighters making their debut here, in the long run I doubt either of them will trouble the top of the card but either could be a decent midcarder with a couple of wins.

Dana Delaney (13-4) v Gabriel Gallego (20-6) - Welterweight

Gallego has shown a complete inability to deal with wrestling so far in his GAMMA career so Delaney should make an ideal opponent for him as the former boxer will also be relying on his striking in this one. Delaney pulled off a shock victory over Will Kane on Kane's debut but then lost to Gideon Navarro to see his momentum stall. A win for either fighter here will see them back on the main show.

Zuenir Merquior (13-2) v Clinton Kent (4-0) - Lightweight

Both fighters debut in a match which has been put together to give Kent the best possible chance of a win. Merquior is a jobber and I expect him to lose this and maybe a couple more fights before going on his way.

Vince Dahl (3-0) v Bailey Kim (3-0) - Lightweight

Two lightweight rookies make their debut in a match that is just about giving them experience and a little bit of exposure.

The main event is weak and I don't have anything else on the card to make up for it. As such I don't expect this one to be a big commercial draw, hopefully it will be exciting instead and the fans who do buy it will be happy.

GAMMA 61: Kanchelskis v Moura

I lose two fights but fortunately they are both from the prelims. It's too late to replace either of them, Merquior is out for a couple of weeks, while Vince Dahl's injury is a lot more serious and sees him out for 18 months.

Prelims

Dan Delaney (13-4) v Gabriel Gallego (20-6) - Welterweight

The first round sees them engage in some frantic, back and forth striking, neither man really gets the upper hand, with Delaney the more accurate but Gallego landing some nasty body kicks.

Round two sees Delaney stun Gallego with a right hook, before putting him down with a second. He tries to finish him with the ground and pound and then a kimura but eventually gets back to his feet. Gallego decides the best form of defense is attack and unleashes several leg kicks which have Delaney limping. Undeterred Delaney keeps coming forward and puts Gallego down for a second time. With only two seconds to go it's too late to finish it but Delaney definitely took that round.

Round 3 again sees Gallego working the leg and Delaney is really starting to feel it, many more of these and we could see a stoppage. Delaney doesn't want to risk it and launches forward with a massive right hook, it lands and Gallego is out before he hits the ground.

Dana Delaney defeats Gabriel Gallego (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:32 of round 3. The match was rated as being Fantastic

Taki Inouye (15-1) v Foggy Lee (14-3) - Lightweight

This is three rounds of clinching and failed takedowns. Inouye is the most active fighter and the judges give it to him 29-28.

Result: Taki Inouye defeats Foggy Lee (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Poor

Holden Strant (9-5) v Budiman Lie (7-1) - Middleweight

The fighters immediately clinch and the crowd groan, they don't want a repeat of the last match, however Lie lands an immediate takedown and scrambles to side control. He grabs an armbar and it's all over in the first. Good ground skills from a man whose background is Karate.

Result: Budiman Lie defeats Holden Strant (Submission (Armbar) in 2:57 of round 1). The match was rated as Great

Sutton Ripley (18-5) v Nick Detroit (11-3) - Middleweight

With odds of -1130 Ripley is the massive favourite here, he shows why as he knocks Detroit down in the first and spends the rest of the round on top. He can't finish Detroit but he badly hurt him. Round 2 again sees Ripley land that big right hook. This time he manages to finish it on the ground for an easy win.

Result: Sutton Ripley defeats Nick Detroit (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:29 of round 2. The match was rated as being Good

Main Card

Noddy Pascow (9-1) v Efren Luat (10-0) - Super Heavyweight

Despite Pascow coming in 20lbs heavier than his opponent he can't seem to control the clinch and he spends the majority of the fight up against the cage. A short elbow from Luat in the second, which opens a nasty cut over the eye of Pascow is probably the highlight of the fight but overall this is a typical Luat win. Luat calls out Polter, saying he thinks it will be a great fight. I doubt it will be but he is definitely the number 1 contender and it would be hard to give the title shot to anyone else.

Result: Efren Luat defeats Noddy Pascow (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Average

Brandon Sugar (28-6) v Bruce Steven (21-10) - Lightweight

Steven is relentless in his search for takedowns, I'm not sure if Sugar is happy to go to the ground or whether he has no idea how to defend them but Steven succeeds in 6 out of 6 attempts. They largely nullify each other on the ground and despite several submission attempts this one goes to the judges. The all score it in favour of Steven.

Result: Bruce Steven defeats Brandon Sugar (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Good

Gladstone Lopes (16-2-1) v John Rivero (15-6) - Heavyweight

Rivero looks to force Lopes up against the cage, however with Lopes having a 45lb weight advantage he has no chance and finds himself pinned there instead. Both fighters try for the takedown but neither can get it and it's pretty dull so far. Rounds 2 and 3 aren't much better, although Rivero has a little more success in the clinch. The judges score it 29-28 to Lopes but overall that was a pretty dreadful fight.

Result: Gladstone Lopes defeats John Rivero (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Poor

Bobby Brubaker (15-5) v Will Kane (20-4) - Welterweight

The fans are desperate to see a finish, but they aren't going to see it here. This is a high energy striking contest, with both fighters looking to dart in and out to pick up points, without getting caught themselves Brubaker gets the better of it and his leg kicks in particular are landing regularly. Brubaker takes it two rounds to one of the judges score cards to pretty much end any hope Kane had of every fighting for the title.

Result: Bobby Brubaker defeats Will Kane (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Great

Co-Main Event

Neil Napier (20-2) v Patrick Thomas (21-5) - Middleweight

Thomas comes in 2lbs over the weight limit and this lack of preparation shows as he is swiftly taken down with an outside leg trip. Napier moves to mount and starts swinging, Thomas is forced to give up his back and Napier sinks in the choke. It's all over in round 1. We've waited all night for a finish and this one was a blink and you missed it one.

Result: Neil Napier defeats Patrick Thomas (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 3:06 of round 1. The match was rated as Great

Main Event

Fjodor Kanchelskis (17-0) v Braulio Moura (27-3-1 NC) - Middleweight Title

Round 1 sees both fighters standing and striking, Moura gets the better of it and takes the round. Time for a rethink in strategy for the champ. He rushes Moura at the start of round 2, pushing him up against the cage before getting the takedown. He spends the rest of the round on top doing some decent damage but unable to put him away.

Round 3 sees Moura keeping his distance and using his striking to prevent the takedown attempt. It's 2-1 Moura.

Round 4 again starts with Moura keeping his distance and racking up the points, however he gets caught in the clinch when Kanchelskis ducks a punch and the fight goes to the ground again. Kanchelskis controls without doing any real damage and it's all even going into the final round.

Round 5 again sees Moura working the jab, however Kanchelskis decides to take him on at his own game and lands several hard shots, one of which breaks Moura's jaw. Moura is staggered and Kanchelskis senses blood in the water. He comes forward with a three punch combo that has Moura reeling before landing a massive right which puts him away. The champion really proved himself here and the fight probably saved the card.

Result: Fjodor Kanchelskis defeats Braulio Moura (Knock Out (Punch) in 2:07 of round 5). The match was rated as Fantastic

Post Show Analysis

Pop: +1.7% US, +4% Mex, +5% Can

Crit 81% Com 80%

Gate:£1,639,600

Sponsorship: £81,671

PPV: £11,186,400

Merchandise: £13,323

Fighters: -£543,090

Drug Tests: -£24,000

Production: -£114,321

Totla: £12,239,583

A card that looked like a bust after the first 3 main event fights turned out to be pretty good. The main event in particular meant the critical rating was good and I gained popularity again.

Delaney looked good and this fight should have probably been on the main card. The other three prelims were fine and all four winners will probably appear on the main show next time out.

Luat was his usual boring self, despite being 11-0 he still only has +1 momentum and Mid Regional popularity. I'm not sure I'll be able to present

Polter v Luat as the main event but they will definitely face off. I have a nasty feeling Luat will win that one.

Bruce Steven dominated Sugar, who is now 0-3 in game and will be gone with one more loss. Steven remains a valuable midcarder who seems to win one and lose one.

Lopes won but it was far from impressive and he'll need to do more to get back in the title picture. Rivero will hopefully lose his next fight to end his GAMMA career.

Brubaker picked up his second win in a row. If he keeps on winning it's going to be difficult to know what to do with him. I don't want to put on a 4th fight against Regueiro so I'll need to look at my options closely. Kane is done as a title challenger and is a midcard gate keeper at best now.

Thomas losing was a real blow and it was perhaps a bit stupid to put this match on. Napier is number two in the rankings but has 0 momentum, and this combined with the champs low popularity gives me a bit of a problem. I'll likely need to find an opponent to have a number one contenders fight with Napier and I'm not sure what I'll do with Kanchelskis in the mean time.

Speaking of Kanchelskis, he pulled it out of the bag when it looked like he might lose in a Fantastic fight. He's still only High Regional popularity though. Moura lost but put in a great performance and could easily get another crack at the title once he picks up a few wins. First though he'll need to sit out for a while, while his broken jaw mends.

Rest of the World: June 2003

ALPHA-1

ALPHA-1 finally pull the trigger on Kikuchi v Fezzik III at Warriors of the Ring 8. I'm surprised they gave it away on free TV but it got them a massive 88% commercial rating. Kickuchi avenges his two earlier losses, retaining the belt by unanimous decision. Kanezane Fuji goes (11-0) on the undercard against Hiro Arai and is almost certainly a future challenger. Worryingly for ALPHA-1 though he's the only fighter on the card under 30 and their aging roster really needs attention.

OMEGA

Justin Brannagh (9-3) and Toby Dingleberry (11-0) clash for the vacant Light Heavyweight Title. Dingleberry takes it by first round TKO to become both the OMEGA and CCC champ. At only 25 he still has plenty of time to improve his poor ground game and he is definitely one to watch. The co-main sees Darren Southall (12-1) defend his Lightweight title against computer generated fighter Roberto Santos (3-1). Santos doesn't seem to have a full sized profile, although all the usual info is there. Anyone know if that's just because he doesn't have a picture or does it mean anything else?

BCF

Martin Cupples makes his first successful title defense, KOing veteran Mill Mullally in the 2nd round. Mullally lacked the wrestling game to trouble Cupples and was never going to be able to out strike him, BCF are obviously building Cupples up and an easy early defense will help that.

KDM FC

Veronika Sablikova (10-0) v Yutsuko Sasaki (10-1) II is the main feature on KDM FC 27. Sablikova remains unbeaten with a Unanimous Decision win in a poor fight. Sablikova is dominant in this division and it will be interesting to see who KDM FC throw at her next.

SIGMA

Georges Nouri (14-2) takes on Lubos Plasil (11-2) for the third time, and for the third time Nouri gets the win. This feud is surely done. In the co-main Dag Kreuger goes 10-0 with a first round ground and pound win against veteran Nestor Morozov. Kreuger is only 26 and has a decent skills set and is another one I'm keeping an eye on.

CCC

Tuck Durdell gets over his loss to Ethan Sutton by picking up a first round submission win against the debuting Romain Bryant in the main event. The show does a 33% commercial rating. With all the talent I've loaned you CCC this is the best you can put on? Garth Neill, John Fitzwallace, Harvey Loeb and Randy Carsley all pick up wins on the undercard. Of those Randy Carsley (9-0) and Garth Neill (7-0) both have a shot at getting picked up by me in the future.

Archived