GAMMA: My Dynasty

So I thought I'd start a diary and let you all see how I get on in my GAMMA game. I've had a few false starts with the new WMMA where I've tried out a few different promotions but for my first serious go I'm going for my first love, GAMMA.

The database I'll be using is the standard one with a few changes. I've changed the contracts for the champions of BCF, SIGMA and FLB, plus a couple of their other fighters to make them Exclusive Fighters. So they won't be getting snapped up in the first couple of weeks.

In terms of the style of this diary, I'm really enjoying Chris2K's BCF one but I'm not really creative enough to write in that style. This one will be presented more as a diary on what I do and my thoughts behind it. Hopefully that will be a bit different and will also be helpful to anyone who hasn't played the game much as they'll be able to see the reasoning behind my decisions and see what works and what doesn't.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First things first, starting the new game. I choose to be Lance Decker and spend all my talent points. I go for 5's for Negotiating, Eye for Talent and Match Making while I spend a whopping 8 in Promotion and only 2 in scouting. I don't really feel like I need scouting that much as I'll be signing pretty well known people anyway and I like the extra points in promotion will help me fill those main event slots with fights people want to see.

The next job is to evaluate my roster and make my plans. I've already played around a year with GAMMA in a previous game before giving up due to massive roster bloat so I have an idea of who's who and what I want to do. Time to look at it in more details though.

Super Heavyweights

This division has 17 fighters in it and frankly it's pretty shoddy. The champ is Davey Rushton and he only has a Mid Regional name value, I don't think this title is going to be headlining any cards anytime soon. The rest of the division is made up of fairly inexperienced fighters, some of whom might be promising and some who definitely aren't.

There is one exception, Gary Sampson, at 18-6 he is much more experienced than the rest of the division and at Low National he's much more popular as well. Shame he's just lost to Rushton. I could use him to try and boost the popularity of some of the other fighters or I could look to bring in a couple of other more experienced SHW (Marvin Stevens possibly). Instead I decide that I'll try and grow this division organically by having the rookies face off and hope the cream rises to the top. Sampson gets dropped to Heavyweight and I look at signing a few more prospects. Bids go in for Efren Luat, Seb Morehead, Teddy Glossop and Zsolt Hargitay. . There are quite a few others I look at but most only have one or two fights under their belts and I decide to let them gain experience on the local circuit.

Heavyweight

We all know that James Foster is the champion here and frankly it doesn't matter who I put him in against, it's a main event that people will buy. However that's pretty lazy and I want to try and make sure I'm putting on the best shows I can so let's look at the challengers.

Tim Boyer and Raul Hughes are both big names but both are knocking on a bit. In addition Boyer has already lost to Foster once. I'll need to look at trying to get some value out of these guys before they start to go downhill too much, or even worse retire. Further down the rankings I have other big name veterans who are likely on their last legs in the shape of Tony McCall and Leon Banks. Again I'll be hoping to use them to boost some of the up and coming talent I either have or that I'm hoping to sign.

And who is that talent? Well Rav Kapur is the obvious choice. Number 4 in the rankings the Brit has high momentum and a 10-0 record. He's only Mid Regional popularity in the US though and I don't think he's ready for a title shot yet.

Gladstone Lopes is next. 5th in the rankings at 27 he still qualifies as young, particularly when compared with the dinosaurs around him. His biggest problems are that he's only Low Regional popularity and he's already lost to Foster. It's going to take a while before he's ready for another title shot.

Kurt McDonald is the final one who catches my eye. He's bottom of the rankings but unbeaten (8-0) and he has decent skills. I'll give him a chance to prove himself.

There are also quite a few fighters who I could see getting a shot with a few wins, Duke Aiona, Fatuma Roy and Christopher Sharp all fall into this category and they'll all be given a chance to step up.

In terms of recruitment, there are plenty of potential names but I want to avoid roster bloat so I'm not going to go crazy. I'll pad out the division with domestic fighters of varying quality and then look for a couple of guys to focus on. This will likely be the same for most divisions.

Bids go in for Steve Mason, Damien Jones, Oliver Fiderer and Wilson Franklyn. These are all guys with name value in America, positive momentum and decent records. None of them are world beaters though.

I also stick in bids for Pai Cheng and Nate MacReary. Neither have name value in the USA but I'm sure I can quickly build it. There are several others I decide against bidding for, Chuck Dooley can go to Alpha-1 (he's better known in Japan), while people like Sam Hoynes and Sylvester Collins can stay on the local circuit.

Light Heavyweight

Lawrence Herringbone is the champion here, having just taken it off of Spencer Rubenstein in a split decision. I'm almost certainly going to have a rematch between them early on.

Marlon John is ranked 3rd and hasn't faced either Herringbone or Rubenstein so he is a potential challenger for the winner of the rematch. His momentum isn't great though and he's only high regional popularity.

Ricky Heath is another one who hasn't faced either of the title contenders. His momentum and popularity are pretty good as well but I don't really rate him. I'll probably job him out to someone.

Mike Watson, Linfield Ballard, Junior Patinkin and Anthony LeToussier have all lost to Rubenstein before, they're all big names but I can't risk putting any of them near the title yet until I know who will be holding it.

There is plenty of dross near the bottom of the division, Van Den Hauwe, John Rivero, Bill Cumming and Christian Moutfield are all cans. Right at the bottom is Derek South who I like for no rational reason. He'll be getting a chance at a few winnable fights.

Aleksei Chekhov is the first guy I put a bid in for, not just due to the fact his name starts with an A but also because I rate the guy and he puts on exciting fights. He has no name value in the USA but I'll soon change that. Sorry SIGMA.

Toby Sorkin and Guillermo Morales are both highly skilled fighters with Mid Regional name value in the US so bids go in for both.

Glenn Pimm, John Silvers and Zane Wybock help pad out the roster and finally I put a bid in for Jerry Bogdonovich who is another favorite of mine.

Middleweights

Matthew Dean dominant champion, this guy is both the standard bearer for the division and it's biggest problem. Not only is he not exactly the most exciting fighter in the world but he's also beaten nearly everyone on the roster. Neil Napier, Osmosis Benn, Sutton Ripley and JJ Reid have all lost to him meaning there's only one guy in the top six who hasn't fought him. Luckily that's number 2 ranked Braulio Moura so that's likely to be the first title match in the division.

Patrick Thomas, Stuart Strange and Tora Mizwar all have the potential to step up to challenge with a couple of wins. While Maarten De Vries has name value and the ability to put on an exciting fight with almost anyone. Finally Ashley Ballard and Adam White are both low ranked fighters who I expect to climb the rankings.

Alex Cole has an unbeaten record and decent name value, making him an auto hire, while Drew Jenks has a worse record but is still decent.

Jonathan Huang has amazing skills and National name value so he's one I should definitely be looking at. So just to be different I won't. Alpha-1 will no doubt snap him up.

Instead I bid for Isaiah Monroe and Esteban Vega as my potential future stars. Finally bids for Barrett Fforde, Bart Diggs and Keith Plaice help bulk out the roster.

Welterweight

The Welterweight division is another division which has recently seen a change of champion with Bobby Brubaker KOing Julio Regueiro. After being champ for 4 years though Regueiro is still the biggest name in the division and he may well get an immediate rematch.

Ex-Champ Nathan Chambers has just lost a trilogy of matches with Rufus Stephens but is still a big name with great marketability. While Gabriel Gallego, Josh Aldarisio, Jack Humphreys and Alan Kendall are all credible challengers. Overall this is a strong division. There seems to be a lack of young up and comers at the bottom but I'm sure I can address that.

Delroy Rhodes is 11-0 John Wales is 7-0 and Felix Mattherson Jr give me some unbeaten prospects. While Joshua Ziegler, Ray Eton and Buzz Hines should give me some guys they can beat.

Finally Joe Hinchcliffe gives me a veteran with reasonable name value

Lightweight

Brandon Sugar holds the title here and he's defended it once against Luke Hilton. Other than ex-champ Morrison there aren't many contenders though. Jake Keane doesn't have the popularity yet while a lot of the rest of the roster has pretty bad momentum. Truck Gleeson and Bruce Steven are decent but would need a couple of wins before they could be serious contenders, especially if Morrison takes the title back as they've already lost to him once.

Overall this division needs work and along with the Super Heavyweights is my biggest headache. After Sugar v Morrison III there isn't a lot happening and I need to create some contenders soon.

Atep of Indonesia is tempting and I didn't protect KDM FC or XCC's champions contracts. I whack in a bid, but expect competition from ALPHA-1. Glen Siemaszko is the current XCC champ but doesn't look that good so I pass on him.

Luis Basora has negative momentum but great skills and experience. He's lost twice to Fiyero Lermontov so there's not much point him sticking around in SIGMA.

Joel Adams is 40 but has a decent record and positive momentum so he'll do for now.

Avery Gleason, Brendon Job, Carl Chenowerth, Clifton Curry and Kade Devine fill out the roster.

Well I managed to sign all of my targets, and I announce my first show. I'm going to be running PPV's every two months with a couple of TV shows as well. So my first event is going to be the last week of February and it's going to be.....

GAMMA 40: Herringbone v Rubenstein II

Lawrence Herringbone (16-1) v Spencer Rubenstein (16-5)

GAMMA Light Heavyweight Title

I've gone with this for a few reasons. Firstly it was a split decision so it seems reasonable to give the ex-champion a rematch. Secondly they last fought at GAMMA 34 in March 2000 so if I'm going to do this match it should be sooner rather than later and thirdly it's only rated as a decent main event. I'm worried that if I delay putting it on and I increase in size it's not going to cut it.

The betting odds make Rubenstein favourite at (-180) to (+140)

As I have a rather weak main event I want to make sure the co-main event is going to pull in the fans.

Tim Boyer (26-4-2) v Rav Kapur (10-0)

Boyer is a household name but he's near the end of his career, however he could be good for one more title shot if he gets a big win, Kapur is unbeaten and has great momentum, however his popularity isn't great. This seems like the perfect fight, It's a strong main event and it should be exciting. If Boyer wins he'll have proved he's still got it and if Kapur wins he should increase his popularity and he'll have beaten a legend. Either way the winner here will be Foster's next opponent.

Odds are: Boyer (-280) Kapur (+220). But I fancy Kapur to win.

Jack Humphreys (25-9) v Nathan Chambers (17-3)

Both fighters are coming off a loss but are popular enough that a single win puts them back in contention. They are both motormouths and should be able to hype the fight up. This is a potential main event and means will step up if I lose either the main event or co-main through injury.

Humpreys (+270) Chambers (-350)

Kel Ryan (5-0) v Hanley Polter (5-0)

The Super Heavyweight division needs air time. These two are unbeaten and reasonably popular. The winner here has a good chance of being crowned number 1 contender. The draw here is just enough to scrape onto the main show.

Polter (-590) Ryan (+470)

Adam White (11-0) v Thomas Smith (15-3)

This should be a win for White against a more established fighter. If Smith some how pulls out a win though it won't be a disaster as he's on a winning streak and +2 momentum so I won't be left with no one.

White (-550) Smith (+430)

Bud Brockett (9-2) v Bruce Steven (19-8)

This will open the show. The draw is only a prelim match but I need to get my Lightweights seen.

Brockett (-180) Steven (+140)

The Prelims are:

John Rivero (12-5) v Derek South (14-5)

Rivero will no doubt come in over weight, hopefully he'll lose and I can sack him. If he wins he'll probably get moved to Heavyweight. South is a favorite of mine and although he is the underdog here I hope he takes the win.

Rivero (-480) South (+380)

Kade Devine (5-2) v Carl Chenoweth (5-0)

Chenoweth is a decent young striker and this will hopefully help build his record.

Devine (+500) Chenoweth (-630)

Zair Williams (1-2) v Osser Mallaby (2-2)

Poor records, not popular and both on a losing streak. If the Super Heavyweight division wasn't so poor neither would have a job. As it is one of them gets a chance to pick up a win.

Mallaby (-580) Williams (+460)

Dana Delaney (11-3) v Sawyer Hines (7-3)

Hopefully a comfortable win for Delaney which should seem him boosted enough to make it onto the main show next time.

The Rest of the world - January

So you know what's happening with GAMMA but what happened in the rest of the world in January.

ALPHA-1 held Warriors of the Ring 1. The main event saw Carlos De Guia make the first successful defense of his Middleweight Title against Mal Phe Roby. Elsewhere on the card Tadamasa Yamada beat Sho Kitabatake and Ari Peltonen beat Mason Archer. ALPHA-1 rise to Mid National popularity as a result.

Yamada, De Guia and Archer's contracts all come up after this event. I don't go in for any of them as I feel I've got enough new fighters to bed in and I don't really feel that any of them would likely leave ALPHA-1 (possibly Yamada might as he might want a new challenge but I've just signed Chechov at Light Heavy).

XCC held Claremont v Bassett. Bassett took the Bantamweight Title by 4th round KO.

FLB held Satinho v Rosa. Satinho defended by unanimous decision. Oh and you know what I said about having signed enough people. Well Satinho's contract is now up so I think I can make an exception. I enter a three way bidding war with FLB and ALPHA-1.

There were also a few local shows but nothing major to report.

Signings wise, everyone snapped up plenty of fighters. BCF and SIGMA do their usual talent sharing while ALPHA-1's most notable signings are Jonathan Huang, Fernado Amaro (not sure about signing a 35 year old with low regional name value), Grzegorz Boniek, Sylvester Collins (guess I won't be letting him build up his name on the local circuit) and Chuck Dooley.

Well I got Satinho which has massively strengthened my Heavyweight division. He's out for 4 months after his last fight but I'll be looking to debut him later this year.

Meanwhile it's time to announce my next event, on the last Sunday of April GAMMA will host:

GAMMA 41: Brubaker v Regueiro II

Bobby Brubaker (14-3) v Julio Regueiro (23-1)

Ok so it's another show headlined by a rematch. Again though I feel like it is justified. Regueiro was champ for 4 years and even though he got knocked out he should probably get a rematch. Besides there aren't any immediate better opponents. Chambers is ranked 3rd and is coming off a loss (and already has a match scheduled against Humphreys), Gallego is 4th and isn't well known enough to headline. Aldarisio is 5th but only high regional leaving Stephens in 6th. While his victory in his trilogy against Chambers could earn him a shot I don't feel his claim is any better than Regueiro who is higher ranked. This is classified as a strong main event.

Regueiro is the big favourite at the bookies. Regueiro (-570) Brubaker (+450)

Co-Main Event

Raul Hughes (16-3) v Fatuma Roy (22-9)

Two heavyweight veterans who both broke their winning streaks in their last matches. Of the three fighters who may potentially hold the title after my next Heavyweight match up (Foster, Hughes or Kapur) Hughes has only fought Boyer and Roy hasn't fought any of them. This means the winner will be a strong candidate for a title shot in the future and this provides me with a back up number one contender just in case something goes wrong with Boyer v Kapur. It's always good to have options.

This is a strong main event and will hopefully be an exciting stand up war.

Roy (-240) Hughes (+190)

Maarten De Vries (17-7) v Ashley Ballard (13-1)

This is the third fight and the one which will step up to co-main in the event of injury. It's rated as a potential main event and will likely be an exciting stand up battle. De Vries is an ex-champ who still has plenty to offer while Ballard is looking to rebuild after suffering the first loss of his career. A win for either will see them shoot up the rankings.

De Vries (-180) Ballard (-110)

Truck Gleeson (25-6-1) v Jake Keane (25-4)

This is Keane's second fight in GAMMA and he'll be looking to impress. Gleeson is one of the bigger names in the Lightweight division and a win for Keane will go along way to getting his name known while a win for Gleeson will potentially see him earn another shot at the title.

Keane (-650) Gleeson (+510)

Aleksei Chekhov (22-4) v Bryan Van Den Hauwe (19-4)

This should be a comfortable debut for Chekhov against a fighter who is well known and on a winning streak but not really in the same class as him. Hopefully Chekhov will use this to get over with the American audience.

Chekhov (-410) Van Den Hauwe (+320)

George Pickering (8-0) v Frank Paul (9-0)

More Super Heavyweight action from two of the top contenders in the division. I don't care who wins, this is just about getting people face time on PPV.

Pickering (-550) Paul (+430)

Prelims

Benny Danare (9-3) v Nicholas Bretton (14-5)

With both these lightweight losing in their last fights this is just about getting some momentum behind one of them with a view to getting him back on PPV asap.

Danare (-180) Bretton (-110)

Yan Hasluck (5-3) v Zsolt Hargitay (8-0)

Hasluck has lost both his fights in GAMMA so far and is likely to be cut soon. Hopefully this fight will provide some footage of a Hargity win that can be used in a video package when I finally debut him.

Hargitay (-800) Hasluck (+630)

Tyler Lass (8-1) v Callum Henson (22-8)

Two fighters coming off a loss and two fighters I don't have much emotional attachment to at the moment. Better try and impress me boys.

Lass (-660) Henson (+520)

Wilson Franklyn (9-1) v Leon Banks (32-13)

Banks is on bad form while Franklyn is making his debut. Whoever wins will take a step towards appearing on screen soon.

Franklyn (-360) Banks (+280)

GAMMA 40: Herringbone v Rubenstein II

So it's finally time for my first event. Herringbone v Rubenstein II. I'm holding it in Nevada, which is where I intend to run most of my events. In game terms this is due to the fact that GAMMA have signed a deal with the MGM Grand to run all our PPV's from there. I'm doing it because Nevada is the most profitable location and by keeping the area the same each time I can compare what events drew the most fans. I don't think there is any penalty for running in the same location each week.

Rivero missed weight by 8lbs. Absolutely no one is surprised.

Prelims

Dana Delaney v Sawyer Hines

Delaney lands a right hook after about 30 seconds which floors Hines, he leaps on him and starts unloading. It's all over.

Dana Delaney defeats Sawyer Hines (Knock Out(Punch) in 0:51 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good

Zair Williams v Osser Mallaby

After a brief exchange of strikes Mallaby gets a trip takedown, he quickly gains mount and starts firing away with big shots. After eating several big shots Williams goes limp.

Osser Mallaby defeats Zair Williams (Knock Out (Punch) in 3:25 of round 1). The match was rated as being great

Kade Devine v Carl Chenoweth

Chenoweth comes forward aggressively and floors Devine with a big right hand. He dives in and further softens him up with some ground and pound before going for the Americana. Devine is forced to tap.

Carl Chenoweth defeats Kade Devine (Submission(Americana) in 2:37 of round 1). The match was rated as being great.

John Rivero v Derek South

South just about edges the first round, blocking several takedown attempts and landing more strikes. He's controlling the second as well when he gets caught with a double leg. Rivero transitions to mount and starts wailing on him. The ref steps in to end it.

John Rivero defeats Derek South (TKO (Strikes) in 2:29 of round 2). The match was rated as being Good.

Main Card

Bud Brockett v Bruce Steven

Brockett controls the first round with some effective work in the clinch and a takedown. He clinch's again at the start of the second but Steven manages to take him down. He starts looking for the submission, going for an armbar, and Americana and finally a Kimura. The last one does it and Brockett has to tap.

Bruce Steven defeats Bud Brockett (Submission (Kimura) in 4:27 of round 2. The match was rated as being Average

Adam White v Thomas Smith

Smith takes the first round with a takedown and some lay and pray. White keeps the second round standing and takes it but doesn't do any real damage. Smith lands an early takedown in the third and takes the fight on points. That's a bit of a shock result.

Thomas Smith defeats Adam White (Unanimous Decision. The match was rated as being Decent

Key Ryan v Hanley Polter

Ryan does the better work for 4 minutes of round 1 before getting caught with a takedown, Polter unloads and Ryan gives up his back. Before Polter can finish it though the round ends. Round 2 follows a similar pattern but Polter gets the takedown much earlier. This time the buzzer doesn't save Ryan and the ref steps in.

Hanley Polter defeats Kel Ryan (TKO (Strikes) in 3:35 of round 2). The match was rated as being Fantastic

Nathan Chambers v Jack Humphreys

Humphreys works hard but Chambers out wrestles him in the clinch and on the ground. It's not the greatest of fights but a decent performance by Chambers seals a comfortable win.

Nathan Chambers defeats Jack Humphreys (unanimous decision). The match was rated as being Average

Co-Main Event

Tim Boyer v Rav Kapur

Kapur is more aggressive and seems to be landing more than Boyer, round 2 sees Boyer trying to change tactics and clinch more. However Kapur shrugs him off and lands a big head kick to send him to the ground. From there it's only a matter of time as Kapur dives in and starts firing off shots.

Rav Kapur defeats Tim Boyer (TKO (Strikes) in 4:32 of round 2). The match was rated as being Great

Main Event

Lawrence Herringbone v Spencer Rubenstein - Light Heavyweight Title

Rubenstein just can't stop the takedowns, Herringbone comfortably takes the all five rounds. To his credit he keeps pursuing a finish right to the end but can't get it. A dominant win though.

Lawrence Herringbone defeats Spencer Rubenstein (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Average

Post Show Analysis

First the stats:

Popularity increase +0.3% in the USA.

Gate Receipts: £467,605

Sponsorship: £32,942

PPV: £1,874,080

Merchandise: £7,773

Fighters: -£118,540

Drug Testing: -£24,000

Production: -£95,517

Total: +£2,144,343

Critical Rating 69%, Commercial Rating 58%

I would generally consider the event to be a success, we rose to Mid National Popularity and made a decent profit. USA Free Choice weren't happy with the lack of star power on the card which is a bit disappointing as I thought it the Co-Main and 3rd match might make up for the weak Main Event.

Results wise it was a mixed bag. 3 of the 4 prelims went well, Rivero winning was a disappointment and as he only has one fight left I'll probably have to offer him a new contract.

Adam White's loss was a real shock. That's going to be a big setback for him.

Rav Kapur's win marks him as number 1 contender. Foster only has 4 months left on his contract so I'll be hoping to renew that before the fight.

Herringbone showed the first fight wasn't a fluke and he'll now be looking to see who his next defense will be against. I'm not sure where Rubenstein goes from him, I don't see him having a 3rd match with Herringbone at any point so while he remains champ there isn't a lot for him to do. I'll have to see how it pans out.

Rankings Update

I'm not going to publish the rankings after every event but given the number of new signings that have taken place I thought it was worth doing this time.

Super Heavyweights

Fighter Name Name Value Record Form

Davey Rushton MR 5-0 2

Hanley Polter MR 6-0 3

George Pickering LR 8-0 2

Efren Luat None 7-0 1

Frank Paul MR 9-0 2

Seb Morehead LR 8-0 2

Zsolt Hatgity None 8-0 2

Teddy Glossop LR 4-0 1

Kel Ryan MR 5-1 -1

Terry Shakespeare LR 4-1 1

Randolph Gilliver LR 5-2 -1

Eric Hughes LR 4-1 0

Osser Mallaby LR 3-2 -1

Irwin Middleton MR 3-1 1

John-James McInleen MR 3-0 3

Benoit LeVoir LR 5-3 -1

Yan Hasluck LR 5-3 -1

Lenny DiMaria LR 6-4 -2

Peter Windsor LR 1-1 0

Zair Williams LR 1-3 -3

Heavyweights

James Foster LI 35-4-1 5

Rav Kapur HR 11-0 5

Raul Hughes HN 16-3 1

Tim Boyer LN 26-5-2 -1

Gladstone Lopes LR 15-1-1 0

Duke Aiona HR 15-4 1

Murilo Satinho None 11-0 4

Tony McCall HR 33-12 -1

Fatuma Roy MR 22-9 1

Leon Banks HR 32-13 -2

Christopher Sharp MR 35-13 0

Norman Pike MR 17-6 -1

Tank Manu'a MR 18-7 -2

Frank Sheedy MR 21-11 -2

Kurt McDonald LR 8-0 4

Steve Mason MR 10-0 2

Oliver Fiderer LR 9-1 2

Wilson Franklyn LR 8-0 1

Damien Jones LR 7-0 1

Pai Cheng None 7-0 1

Nate MacReary None 6-0 1

Gary Sampson LN 18-6 0

John Rivero MR 13-5 -2

Sampson and Rivero don't show in the rankings yet but I've included them to show the full roster.

Light Heavyweight

Lawrence Herringbone HR 17-1 4

Spencer Rubenstein MN 16-6 0

Marlon John HR 13-1 1

Aleksei Chekhov None 22-4 1

Ricky Heath HR 16-4 4

Mike Watson LN 12-1 2

Linfield Ballard LN 22-8 1

Junior Patinkin LN 16-2 1

Anthony LeToussier LN 14-2 0

Bryan Van Den Hauwe HR 19-4 3

Bill Cumming MR 29-14 -1

Kendall Tracey MR 10-2 0

Christian Mountfield MR 13-6 -2

Ken Peters MR 10-2 -2

Derek South MR 14-6 -2

Toby Sorkin MR 8-0 1

Glenn Pimm MR 34-12 2

Guillermo Morales MR 12-0-1 1

Jerry Bogdonovich LR 9-0 1

Jon Silvers LR 10-1 2

Zane Wybock LR 9-1 2

Middleweight

Matthew Dean MN 36-5 5

Braulio Moura LR 24-2-1 4

Neil Napier LN 18-1 2

Osmosis Benn HR 18-1 2

Sutton Ripley HR 17-3 1

JJ Reid LN 26-6 0

Petey Mack HR 11-4 -1

Patrick Thomas LN 18-4 1

Stuart Strange HR 18-3 0

Dexter Darling LN 18-5-1 -2

Tora Mizwar LR 22-7 0

Maarten De Vries LN 17-7 -1

Thomas Smith HR 16-3 2

Buddy Garner LN 14-2 -1

Carl Ratcliffe MR 22-5 -1

Ashley Ballard MR 13-1 1

Adam White MR 11-1 0

Woody Fierstein MR 11-5 -1

Alex Cole MR 11-0 1

Isaiah Monroe LR 8-0 2

Keith Plaice LR 16-6 1

Esteban Vega None 7-0 2

Bart Diggs LR 9-4 1

Drew Jenks MR 8-3 2

Barrett Fforde LR 7-3 2

Welterweight

Bobby Brubaker HR 14-3 5

Julio Regueiro MN 23-1 2

Nathan Chambers MN 18-3 -1

Gabriel Gallego LR 19-4 3

Josh Aldarisio HR 17-1 1

Rufus Stephens LN 18-3 0

Alan Kendall HR 15-4 1

Jack Humphreys LN 25-10 0

Yevgeni Sipatov HR 28-9 -2

Callum Henson MR 22-8 2

Darin Blood HR 14-6 -1

David Allen HR 16-4 -1

Dana Delaney MR 12-3 2

Lloyd McAllister LR 16-4 1

Cooper Richardson LR 13-5 2

Tyler Lass MR 8-1 1

Delroy Rhodes LR 11-0 2

Ray Eton LR 10-3 2

Joe Hinchcliffe MR 24-13 1

Felix Matterson Jr LR 7-0 2

John Wales LR 7-0 2

Joshua Ziegler LR 8-3 2

Sawyer Hines LR 7-4 -1

Lightweight

Brandon Sugar LN 28-4 4

Sean Morrison MN 30-4 1

Jake Keane MR 25-4 5

Luis Basora LR 21-5 -1

Bruce Steven HR 20-8 0

Atep of Indonesia None 12-1 4

Truck Gleeson HR 25-6-1 2

Luke Hilton HR 11-1 0

H M Menzel MR 14-5 0

Bud Brockett MR 9-2 -1

Benny Danare MR 9-3 -1

Nicholas Bretton MR 14-5 -1

Aaron McBroom MR 11-4 0

Joel Adams LR 23-12 1

Moss Gilbert MR 7-2 0

Carl Chenoworth LR 6-0 3

Avery Gleason LR 6-0 2

Clifton Curry LR 5-0 2

Brendon Job LR 5-0 2

Kade Devine LR 5-3 -1

That hasn't formatted quite as I thought it would, possibly due to the fact that I cut and paste it from an excel sheet I use to help with my booking. It looked ok on my screen but all the spaces seem to have vanished now. Hopefully it's still readable.

Before I round up the rest of the worlds news I find out that Sawyer Hines has failed a drugs test for recreational drugs and lands a 12 month ban. There doesn't seem to be an option to take disciplinary action against him and he still has a guaranteed fight on his contract. I decide to keep him and use him in a squash match when he returns.

Rest of the World - February and March

As I have no events in March I'm going to combine these two months so that I can press onto my next event.

ALPHA-1

ALPHA-1 hold two events during this period. The first sees Kunimichi Kikuchi beat Terron Cabal for the Heavyweight Title, while he second sees Palmer Lette beat Stanley Rine to hold onto the Super Heavyweight Title. On the undercard Hassan Fezzik beats Armen Sarkisian, presumably setting up a third match with Kikuchi.

Both Lette and Fezzik's contracts are up. I decide not to go for Lette, I think he is too good compared to the rest of my Super Heavyweights and he'll end up stifling the division.

Fezzik is another matter, still one of the best in the world, even at 35 he would be a massive add to the division. However if this was real life I think he would want to try and avenge his loss to Cabal and he probably wouldn't leave, I decide not to put in a bid.

BCF

BCF hold Alois v Millican in February which sees Alois win by first round KO.

SIGMA

SIGMA hold Toadspew v Crumb and Toadspew retains by split decision. Toadspew's contract is up but I don't go for him. His style is dull and I don't think he'll add much to the division. ALPHA-1 agree and SIGMA re-sign him.

The big news though is ex-Featherweight Champ Lar Bohlin. He's found guilty of assault and jailed for 18 months. At 34 this could end his career.

FLB

FLB run Silva v Stiles III. Silva wins by 2nd round submission to retain. His contract is also up and, given that I've been pretty restrained so far and on the basis that he'll probably be up for a new challenge if the best FLB can offer is a match against someone he's already beaten twice, I put a bid in. FLB offer a contract as well but he decides to come to GAMMA. That's a big signing.

XCC

Glen Siemaszko defends against Duane Weatherly, while Lamont Banner causes an upset by beating Sammy Gaffigan in the co-main event.

KDMFC

KDMFC hold a double title bout show which sees Kazuya Chano beat Teeratep Nutnum for the vacant lightweight title. Unfortunately for them his contract is up and ALPHA-1 snap him up, meaning the title is vacant again. Meanwhile in the co-main event Veronika Sablikova beats Sakamoto to make the first defense of her title.

WEFF

WEFF go with Alisha Wood v Rachel McGuiness. Wood KO's her much higher ranked opponent in round 2.

GAMMA 41: Brubaker v Regueiro II

Prelims

Wilson Franklyn (9-1) v Leon Banks (32-13)

Banks refuses to touch gloves at the start, perhaps he feels that Franklyn is below his level and he shouldn't be on the prelims. If that's what he thought then he should think again. Franklyn out strikes him in the first and then KO's him in the second. That will be getting shown on video before Franklyn's first main show fight.

Wilson Franklyn defeats Leon Banks (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:24 of round 2). The match was rated as being Decent

Tyler Lass (8-1) v Callum Henson (22-8)

This is an all out slug fest with both fighters just standing and trading. They both take a round but Lass finally makes the break through in round 3. Knocking Henson down and then jumping him.

Tyler Lass defeats Callum Henson (TKO (Strikes) in 1:28 of round 3). The match was rated as being Fantastic

Yan Hasluck (5-3) v Zsolt Hargitay (8-0)

I'm hoping for Hargitay to make an impression here and he doesn't disappoint. Knocking Hasluck down and then pounding him out for the quick win.

Zsolt Hargitay defeats Yan Hasluck (Knock Out (Punch) in 3:42 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great

Benny Danare (9-3) v Nicholas Bretton (14-5)

Another stand up war with both fighters going all out. Every round is pretty even but I give it 29-28 to Danare. It ends up being 29-28, 27-30, 29-28 in favour of Bretton. Danare has every right to feel aggrieved but that's why you don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

Nicholas Bretton defeats Benny Danare (split decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great

Main Card

George Pickering (9-0) v Frank Paul (8-0)

Paul comfortably out strikes Pickering in all three rounds, particularly the first where he puts him down and almost pounds him out on the ground. Decent win for Paul, after the fight he calls out Efren Luat, good job Paul, that gives me a good reason to debut Luat against you soon.

Frank Paul defeats George Pickering (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great.

Aleksei Chekhov (22-4) v Bryan Van Den Hauwe (19-4)

Chekhov will be hoping to impress on his GAMMA debut. Van Den Hauwe however does his best to spoil it and despite getting knocked down a couple of times Chekhov can't put him away, he plays it safe and is reluctant to follow him to the ground. Guaranteeing a win but perhaps losing out the chance to finish him.

Aleksei Chekhov defeats Bryan Van Den Hauwe (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.

Truck Gleeson (25-6-1) v Jake Keane (25-4)

Keane takes Gleeson down early in the first but despite a couple of attempts he can't get the submission. He keeps it standing in the second and proves to Gleeson that he can out strike him as well as out wrestle him. Finally in the third he finishes it, taking Gleeson down and slapping on the armbar. Convincing win for the Brit.

Jake Keane defeats Truck Gleeson (Submission (Armbar) in 3:17 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great.

Maarten De Vries (17-7) v Ashley Ballard (13-1)

This is another exciting stand up battle with De Vries focusing on leg kicks while Ballard lands more punches. Ballard takes the first round with De Vries taking the second. Ballard is limping heavily at the start of the third and it looks like De Vries' tactics might have paid off. However he gets drawn into an exchange in the middle and gets hit with a monster uppercut and is out before he hits the floor.

Ashley Ballard defeats Maarten De Vries (Knock Out (Punch) in 2:03 of round 3). The match was rated as being Fantastic

Co-Main Event

Raul Hughes (16-3) v Fatuma Roy (22-9)

The fighters trade blows in the centre of the ring and Hughes is definitely getting the better of it, beating Roy to the punch every time. It's getting embarrassing for Roy as he can't land a single shot. After softening him up Hughes lands a big punch and puts Roy down, Hughes follows up and looks for the finish, however Roy sweeps and mounts him before landing several bombs. It's all over, amazing comeback.

Fatuma Roy defeats Raul Hughes (Knock Out (Punch) in 3:19 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

Bobby Brubaker (14-3) v Julio Regueiro (23-1) - Welterweight Title

Regueiro is out to prove that Brubaker's first round KO victory last time they met was a fluke while Brubaker is looking to prove he is the real deal.

They trade strikes early on, both landing about the same but Brubaker's are landing harder. He knocks Regueiro down in the first and clearly he didn't watch the previous fight as he follows him to the ground. Both Hughes and Brubaker could learn something from Chekhov. Regueiro sweeps him and takes his back. However the round ends before he can do any damage.

The second round is a carbon copy of the first, right down to Brubaker putting Regueiro down and then giving up his back on the ground. Luckily the buzzer goes again before he is forced to tap.

Rounds 3 and 4 are Brubaker's as well and he goes into the 5th 4 rounds up. Regueiro is getting desperate and drives Brubkaer up against the fence and starts pummeling him in the clinch. He lands a particularly nasty elbow and it opens up a massive cut on the face of Brubaker. The ref calls the doctor over and it's all over. How unfortunate for Brubaker.

Julio Regueiro defeats Bobby Brubaker (TKO (Cut) in 2:30 of round 5. The match was rated as being Good.

Post Show Analysis

First the stats

Pop +2.4%

Crit 77% Com 63%

Gate: £701894

Sponsorship: £34,441

PPV: £2,332,000

Merchandise: £8,461

Fighters: -£143,760

Drug Testing: -24,000

Production: -£101,375

Total: £2,807,661

It's a good profit and the increase in popularity was good.

In terms of results. The prelims all worked out well and I will hope to see all 4 of the winners of the main show soon. Paul's victory has set up a match with Efren Lua while Keane's has set up either a title shot or at the least a number 1 contenders shot.

Chekhov was a bit lackluster but I put that down to debut nerves, hopefully he'll improve next time.

Ballard and Roy both picked up impressive winds and they'll have hopefully shot up the rankings.

Finally the main event, I was initially a bit disappointed with the result but looking back on it it's good news. Brubaker was clearly winning until Regueiro got lucky and I think that a third match will definitely take place in the future. I'll decide whether to do that straight away or whether to make Brubaker wait once I've had a chance to look at the rankings.

FLB[/b]

FLB run Silva v Stiles III. Silva wins by 2nd round submission to retain. His contract is also up and, given that I've been pretty restrained so far and on the basis that he'll probably be up for a new challenge if the best FLB can offer is a match against someone he's already beaten twice, I put a bid in. FLB offer a contract as well but he decides to come to GAMMA. That's a big signing.

Great choice on bringing Silva to GAMMA :D. Hope it helps strengthen the welterweight division.

First, just want to say thanks for the comments guys, it's nice to know people are enjoying it. If there's anything you'd like to know more about or anything you'd like me to do differently just say.

With GAMMA 41 done and dusted it's time to announce my next two events (in the game I actually announced them before GAMMA 41 as I like to book about 4 months ahead but I thought it might get a bit confusing if I'd given you the cards for a load of events without running any yet).

GAMMA 42: Dean v Moura

Matthew Dean (36-5) v Braulio Moura (24-2-1NC)

Ok so it's the obvious choice in the Middleweight Division. Dean is the longstanding champion and Moura is not only ranked number 2 but is one of the few people Dean hasn't beaten. This is rated as a Great main event, which should ensure plenty of PPV buys. It's also the first non-repeat bout main event I've put on so it's good to offer something new to the fans, I don't want the new GAMMA management to get a reputation for just running the same old fights over and over again. Here's hoping for a Moura victory as it will really help freshen up the division, although Dean has to be the favourite.

Co-Main Event

Marlon John (13-1) v Linfield Ballard (22-8)

This is a big fight at Light Heavyweight. Both fighters are on winning streaks and neither of them have ever faced the current champion, Lawrence Herringbone before. The winner of this could easily find themselves as number 1 contender. Equally importantly it's rated as a strong main event which means that if something happens to Dean v Moura I've got a ready made replacement.

Gabriel Gallego (19-4) v Rufus Stephens (18-3)

Gallego is on a streak since coming to GAMMA and finds himself 4th in the rankings (he's dropped a place due to Silva joining). However at Low Regional Name Value in the USA he just isn't popular enough to headline at the moment. What I need to face him is a popular fighter, who will give him a real test and who could also step up to the main event with a good win or two. Rufus Stephens is just the man. coming off the back of winning a trilogy of fights against Nathan Chambers, Stephens is Low National popularity. He just needs to improve his momentum to be a title contender.

Tony McCall (33-12) v Gary Sampson (18-6)

These are two veterans with a big name but poor momentum, as such this fight is only rated as being suitable for the pre-lims. However I want them on screen and a win for one of them should make help rehabilitate them. And with the fights I have at the top of the card I figure I can afford a few weaker ones lower down.

Eric Hughes (4-1) v John-James McInleen (3-0)

Another fight that's only rated as suitable for the prelims, but if I'm going to get the Super Heavyweights over I'm going to have to force them down people's throats. I'm hoping for a win for McInleen here.

Sutton Ripley (17-3) v Carl Ratcliffe (22-5)

This card is topped and tailed by a Middleweight fight. Both fighters lost their win streaks last time out, Ripley to Dean and Ratcliffe to Moura. I picked this fight because I liked that symmetry, plus it will allow wild speculation on the outcome of the main event based on how this fight goes.

Prelims

H.M. Menzel (14-5) v Aaron McBroom (11-4)

Two decent midcard lightweights, whoever wins will likely get on the main show next time out.

Jerry Bogdonovich (9-0) v Jon Silvers (10-1)

Two light heavyweights with good records will be making their debuts here. The winner will be boosting his profile, hopefully it will be Bogdonovich.

Clifton Curry (5-0) v Brendon Job (5-0)

More lightweight action, somebody is losing their unbeaten record here.

Nate MacReary (6-0) v Oliver Fiderer (8-0)

Nate MacReary is a potential future star but he's currently unknown in the USA. A victory here against Fiderer should be the start of his push. However if he somehow manages to lose and least I've not jobbed him out to someone with a terrible record who I'll never use.

The second event I plan is:

GAMMA Battle Lines 4: Watson v LeToussier

My first non PPV event, this TV show will be going out on the 4th July and will be broadcast by USA Free Choice. As it's not a PPV the I'll only be featuring 5 main show fights and the quality will be a bit lower.

Mike Watson (12-1) v Anthony LeToussier (14-2)

It's not a title bout but they are popular enough to count as a strong main event. They both like to stand and strike so I'm hoping for an exciting bout. There is a good chance that the winner here will face Chekhov in his next bout.

Davey Rushton (5-0) v Hanley Polter (6-0) - Super Heavyweight Title

The main event might not be a title bout but there will still be gold on this show. It bugs me a bit that the title fight is playing second fiddle to a non-title bout but these guys just aren't popular enough to headline. By putting them on free TV I'll be hoping to help boost the winners name value in my continuing attempts to boost this division.

Atep of Indonesia (12-1) v Luke Hilton (11-1)

The next bout is also a case of trying to get a fighter's profile raised. Atep of Indonesia is a potential star and I'll be hoping this bout is his jumping off point. It's not going to be easy though as Hilton is a tough fighter, whose only loss so far is to current champion Brandon Sugar.

Buddy Garner (14-2) v Dexter Darling (18-5-1)

Two middleweights who are suffering from losing streaks. One of them gets the chance to resurrect their career while the other one may well be doomed to prelims or may even be facing the boot.

Teddy Glossop (4-0) v Irwin Middleton (3-1)

More Super Heavyweight action. Glossop gets a chance to impress of his debut against someone he really should be beating.

Prelims

Peter Windsor (1-1) v Randolph Gilliver (5-2)

Two Super Heavyweights who probably don't have much of a long term future. Everyone gets a chance though and the winner here goes a step towards moving his future.

Toby Sorkin (8-0) v Christian Mountfield (13-6)

This should be a debut win for Toby Sorkin, here's hoping for a highlight reel submission but he'll probably grind out a dull points victory.

Kade Devine (5-3) v Moss Gilbert (7-2)

Devine gets a chance to bounce back from his loss to Chenoweth against Moss Gilvert. A second loss here will probably signal the end of his time in GAMMA.

Delroy Rhodes (11-0) v Joe Hinchcliffe (24-13)

Two fighters making their debut's here as Delroy Rhodes put his unbeaten record up against the experienced Joe Hinchcliffe. I'll be happy whoever wins here, neither have star potential but I could see either of them playing a role on the roster.

So that's two more events booked. Running two so close together has stretched some areas of my roster and they both have a number of fights that aren't all that highly rated on. However the main events are good and provided I don't suffer from any critical injuries I'm hoping that they'll pull in the fans and hopefully boost not only my organisations popularity but also that of certain key fighters.

I like how you're playing so far. You could've put the super heavyweight title in the main event and LeToussier v Watson as the co-main, I'm fairly sure the critical values will switch places if the co-main is stronger, as in the co-headliner 'carrying' a weaker main event. It's in the help file if I recall rightly.

Enjoy following this. Haven't really been able to start off a GAMMA game that I like to play long-term, so I'm hoping this will help with inspiration. Keep up the great work :)

Will you be running a reality show?

In my new game inspired by yours, my one hiring splurge was in the light heavyweight division. My goal is to make that division the crown jewel of the GAMMA empire, and there are just so many talented, marketable American LHWs out there. Sorkin, Bogdonavich, Harrison, Dreck...

I hired 16 of them to fully stock our reality show, with Anthony LeToussier and Linfield Ballard as coaches. In the finale, LeToussier and Ballard will fight for a No. 1 contender slot, while the reality show winner will receive a big money contract.

While I'm on a roll I've also booked GAMMA 43. I was planning to have Foster v Kapur here but Foster's contract expires before the event and I can't book him until I renew it. Hopefully ALPHA-1 don't poach him.

Instead I end up going with......

GAMMA 43: Sugar v Morrison III

Brandon Sugar 28-4 v Sean Morrison (30-4) - Lightweight Title

I'd originally planned to have this as the last of my title fights, this was due to the fact that it's my weakest division and I wanted as long as possible to build up my next challenger. Ideally it would have been the winner of Keane v either Bruce Steven or Luke Hilton (I probably would have had them fight each other until I signed Atep of Indonesia and put Hilton against him) so it's all change. I'll probably end up putting Keane in against the winner of this one. He's only Mid Regional popularity but either of these guys should be big enough to carry it.

So these two meet for the 3rd time, with the scores currently one all. Morrison is the biggest star in the division but Sugar currently holds the title and the most recent victory. It's Wrestling vs BJJ so I'm a bit worried it might end up being a bit dull but it's rated as a Great Main Event so at least it should draw the fans.

Co-Main Event

Osmosis Benn (18-1) v Neil Napier (18-1)

This is slightly weak as a co-main, being rated as a potential main event only. I'd better hope nothing happens to the main event. Both fighters only loss came to Matthew Dean and as the 3rd and 4th ranked Middleweights they'll be hoping to earn a shot at the title here. I can see either of them getting it if Moura takes the title and even if Dean wins then Napier could still secure a shot if he wins as it's been 3 years since he lost to Dean. Benn only lost in 2000 though so if both him and Dean win I'll be looking for another number 1 contender.

Ricky Heath (16-4) v Junior Patinkin (16-2)

This is another fight rated as a potential main event. However Napier v Benn pipped it to the co-main event status due to their better records and the potential title implications. Ricky Heath is a striker with good momentum but frankly he's way too high up the rankings for his ability. I expect the 35 year old Patinkin to roll through him here. Realistically though, whoever wins here they aren't likely to earn a title shot straight away as I plan to give that to the winner of John v Ballard.

Steve Mason 10-0 v Kurt McDonald (8-0)

Mason is making his GAMMA debut while McDonald is not that well known in the states. Luckily their momentums are good and justify a main card appearance. Neither fighter looks like a world beater skills wise but with so many veterans in the Heavyweight division I'm keen to try and build an up and coming fighter with a perfect record. While this fight guarantees that somebody's 0 has to go, it also guarantees that one of them stays unbeaten.

Tora Mizwar (22-7) v JJ Reid (26-4)

Both fighters are coming off a victory and will be looking to start a streak. Mizwar has bounced back from his loss to Adam White (a loss that is even more damaging given White's recent loss), while Reid is on the road to recovery after losing to Benn.

Yevgeni Sipatov (28-9) v Jack Humphreys (25-10)

Two big name fighters who are suffering through losing streaks at the moment. The thinking here is kind of the opposite to the Mason v McDonald fight. I'm guaranteed to snap one losing streak here, giving me a name fighter I can start to try and build back up. Sipativ is dull but the ex-champ while Humphreys can sell a fight with his personality. To me either fighter could be turned into a draw and I don't mind who wins this.

Prelims

Darin Blood (14-6) v David Allen (16-4)

Two fighters who need a win to try and resurrect their careers. Blood is more popular but on a losing streak while Allen is only coming off a loss. Either could be useful midcarders with a couple of wins.

John Rivero (13-5) v Frank Sheedy (21-11)

Rivero makes his Heavyweight debut and he definitely won't be able to rely on his size to win this one. Sheedy is a pretty poor opponent though and provided he can overcome the weight disadvantage Rivero has a good chance to make it two wins in a row here.

Glenn Pimm (34-12) v Guilermo Morales (12-0-1)

Morales looks like he has great potential, however, at 29 he needs to start making a name for himself. A convincing win over the veteran Glenn Pimm should see him move onto the main card soon. However if Pimm some how snatches a win then I could happily see him on the main card, as the small time fighter finally getting his shot at the big time.

Esteban Vega (7-0) v Barrett Fforde (7-3)

I suddenly realised I've not debuted any of the Middleweights I signed so time to remedy that. Vega isn't known in the USA yet but he gets a chance to make an impression against a decent competitor who is also looking for his big break.

Archived