GAMMA: My Dynasty

I'm probably not going to run a reality show straight away as I've already got a lot going on. However when I finally get round to bringing in a featherweight division I'll probably look to do one then. I may need to do another Super Heavyweight one as well, just to try and bolster the division.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a late change to the Prelims for Battle Lines 4 as Kade Devine pulled out with an injury. Budd Brockett replaced him on short notice, although he's on poor form Brockett will likely be a much sterner test for Gilbert than Devine would have been.

GAMMA 42 is also hit by the curse of injuries as the co-main event is cancelled thanks to an injury to Marlon John. With no one available to replace him (Bill Cumming was the next best available fighter) the match is cancelled, although it may be rescheduled once John recovers.

I look through my other divisions to see what else is available, as I'm not convinced that bumping Gallego v Stephens up is sufficient. Luckily I have a number of Middleweights available. Patrick Thomas has sufficient name value to carry a number of fights into the co-main event slot. I settle on Stuart Strange, whilst he isn't the most exciting of fighters he should prove a good contrast to Thomas' sprawl and brawl style. In addition neither of these fighters have ever fought Matthew Dean so at least this gives me another potential challenger in the future. I'd previously considered this fight for this card when I was first setting it up but ruled it out as I didn't want both the main and co-main to be Middleweight fights, however the injury means I can't afford to be fussy and hopefully both GAMMA and the fighters will get props from the fans for ensuring the co-main got replaced. Both fighters agree to a quick camp in exchange for some money.

GAMMA 42: Dean v Moura

This is the first of my three events I have booked and probably the only one I'm going to get to run tonight. It's the first of my shows to feature a fresh main event, lets hope it's a good one.

Prelims

Nate MacReary (6-0) v Oliver Fiderer (8-0) - Heavyweight

I'm hoping for a good performance from MacReary with a possible highlight reel knockout. What I get instead is 3 rounds of clinching a couple of takedowns and a lot of humping each other on the ground. MacReary takes the win, it's a blessing it wasn't on TV, lets just pretend it never happened and hope for a better performance next time.

Result: Nate MacReary defeats Oliver Fiderer (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Very Poor

Clifton Curry (5-0) v Brendon Job (5-0) - Lightweight

Surely the lightweights will be able to put on a more action packed fight? They do, it's good but not great and it's another one which goes to the judges. Given that Curry's background is Judo and Job's is Submission fighting it's a surprise to see them both keeping it standing throughout. Both fighters have pretty one dimensional striking, throwing punches only. Curry works the harder of the two and takes the win.

Result: Clifton Curry defeats Brendon Job (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Good

Jerry Bogdonovich (9-0) v Jon Silvers (10-1) - Light Heavyweight

After two lengthy decisions it would be good to get a KO to fire up the crowd. Bogdonovich doesn't disappoint, he absorbs several jabs from the taller Silvers before getting in close. He fires off several hard punches before unleashing a monster uppercut.

Jerry Bogdonovich defeats Jon Silvers (Knock Out (Punch) in 4:47 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great

H. M. Menzel (14-5) v Aaron McBroom (11-4) - Lightweight

The second of two lightweight bouts sees the classic wrestler vs kick boxer match up. Menzel can't take McBroom off his feet and most of the fight is spent in the clinch against the fences. It's a very close fight and McBroom takes it by split decision. Menzel might feel aggrieved but I doubt we're going to see a rematch of that one any time soon.

Result: Aaron McBroom defeats H. M. Menzel (Split Decision). The match was rated as being Poor

A pretty poor preshow, lets hope the main show is better.

Main Card

Sutton Ripley (17-3) v Carl Ratcliffe (22-5) - Middleweight

The first fight gets off to an explosive start as Ripley knocks Ratcliffe off his feet in the first few seconds. He lands some ground and pound but eventually lets Ratcliffe get back up. Ripley lands to right hooks in quick succession and Ratcliffe crumples. That's why Ripley gets on the main card.

Result: Sutton Ripley defeats Carl Ratcliffe (Knock Out (Punch) in 3:25 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great

Eric Hughes (4-1) v John-James McInleen (3-0) - Super Heavyweight

I started this fight running while I was typing the names of the fighters above, I hadn't finished typing before the fight was finished. McInleen took him down and landed 5 powerful ground strikes.

Result: John-James McInleen defeats Eric Hughes (TKO (Strikes) in 0:56 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good

Tony McCall (33-12) v Gary Sampson (18-6) - Heavyweight

McCall has a big reach advantage while Sampson has a big weight advantage. This fight will be all about who can force the opponent to fight their kind of match.

Sampson takes the first round as he slams McCall down on the second attempt (the first attempt was blocked by a sneaky bit of cage grabbing by McCall). The second round also goes Sampson's way as he gets another takedown, this time he mounts McCall and it's soon over.

Result: Gary Sampson defeats Tony McCall (Knock Out (Punch) in 4:20 of round 2). The match was rated as Fantastic

Gabriel Gallego (19-4) v Rufus Stephens (18-3) - Welterweight

Stephens is a great wrestler and he uses it to dominate the clinch in the first round and works Gallego over, Gallego takes a lot of damage and gets a nasty cut over his right eye. The second round is a bit closer but Stephens edges it again. Gallego really comes out blazing in the third and although he avoids the clinch he can't really land anything. The cut gets opened up further and although the Dr allows him to continue it's obviously troubling him. Stephens takes a convincing points victory.

Rufus Stephens defeats Gabriel Gallego (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Good.

Co-Main Event

Patrick Thomas (18-4) v Stuart Strange (18-3) - Middleweight

Both fighters only had time for a quick camp prior to this fight and it will be interesting to see if that effects them, especially if the fight goes long.

Well the excitement had to end sooner or later and Stuart Strange is just the man to end it. He takes Thomas down in the first and smothers him against the ground. Thomas keeps his distance in the second and softens Strange up with some good jabs, he sees Strange stumble and moves in for the kill, unleashing two rights, a left and then a massive left hook. Strange is out before he hits the ground.

Patrick Thomas defeats Stuart Strange (Knock Out (Punch) in 3:55 of round 2). The match was rated as being Good

Main Event

Matthew Dean (36-5) v Braulio Moura (24-2-1 NC) - Middleweight Title

Every fight on the main card so far has been a cracker, surely it's too much to expect Matthew Dean to put on an exciting performance?

Fired up by the previous fights Dean comes out blazing, he spends the first two rounds forcing Mouura onto the back foot, looking for takedowns and working him over in the clinch. Moura stays on his feet well but the offense is all Dean. This continues in the third where Dean puts Moura down with a big punch. Moura looks woozy and Dean dives in. He swiftly takes Moura's back and looks to finish it with a choke, Moura defends desperately and the buzzer goes.

Dean seems to take his foot off the gas a little for rounds 4 and 5 but Moura can't take can't take advantage. Dean is just too good for him and never looks in danger. Dean makes a record 8th defense of his Middleweight Title.

Result: Matthew Dean defeats Braulio Moura (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Decent

Post Match Analysis

First the stats

Pop +3.0%

Crit 74% Com 69%

Gate: £704,425

Sponsorship: £33,089

PPV: £3,044,320

Merchandise: £8,154

Fighters: -£113,730

Drug Testing: -£24,000

Production: -£105,976

Total: £3,546,282

I'm really pleased with how that event went. The popularity gain is my biggest so far and it also made more money than either of the previous events.

The prelims were pretty dreadful, Bogdonovich did well and will likely be on the main card next time out. I'm not sure about any of the others though.

Ripley proved he still has something to offer in the opener, he also went up to Low Level National name value. At 31 it's not too late for him to earn another shot at Dean before his career is over. I'll have to think hard about his next opponent.

McInleen got a good solid enhancement win, a few more of those please.

Sampson impressed on his return to Heavyweight, while McCall has obviously realised that he just doesn't have it any more as he announces his retirement after the show.

Both Stephens and Thomas did themselves no harm with decent wins and it's always nice to see Strange take a loss, last thing I want to have to do is put him up against Dean, a guaranteed snoozefest.

The main event was the only slight disappointment. Although I expected

Dean to win it would have been nice had it been a bit more competitive. It will be a long time before Moura gets another shot at the title after being so comprehensively outclassed.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Rest of the World</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>April, May and June</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Before I run my next event at the start of July I'll update you on the rest of the news. Including some big big news from Mexico.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>ALPHA-1</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Alpha-1 ran two shows during this period, Katou v Yamada IV and Asonovic v Yamazaki.</p><p> </p><p>

Yamada beats Katou by 3rd round TKO to take the series to 2-2. He also claims the Light Heavyweight Title for a 3rd time. Yamada's contract is up after this fight but he elects to stay with ALPHA-1 and spurns an offer from me.</p><p> </p><p>

Heikichi Shimizu beats Naizen Hamacho in the co-main to go 7-0.</p><p> </p><p>

Asanovic v Yamazaki sees Asaonovic win by KO. Will he be the next contender for the Light Heavyweight Title or are ALPHA-1 going to try and stretch the series to 5!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SIGMA</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Sigma only hold one event, Kanchelskis v Grygera II in May. The event sees Fjodor Kanchelskis defend his Middleweight Title by split decision to go 14-0. His contract is up for renewal at the end of this show and I swoop in and sign him, causing the title to be abandoned. SIGMA suffer another blow when Lefter Oktay's contract expires and I steal him away as well.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WEFF</strong></p><p> </p><p>

WEFF hold WEFF 22 in the first week of May. It sees Hester Maclean beat Monica Masters to win the vacant Bantamweight Title. The title was vacated when Sarah Vaughan left the company after WEFF 21. She is currently unemployed so not sure why she left or why WEFF didn't re-sign her.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>BCF</strong></p><p> </p><p>

BCF hold Spyrou v Baines and Potter v Alois II. </p><p> </p><p>

Spyrou v Baines sees Baines claim the Middleweight Title for the first time by 2nd round submission. Meanwhile in the Co-Main event Eugene York (a generated Light Heavyweight from Newcastle, England beats experienced competitor Garry McSweegan in his first pro-fight, keep an eye on this guy.</p><p> </p><p>

Potter v Alois II sees 37 year old Stafford Alois try to reclaim his title from the man who won the vacant title when Kapur left to go to GAMMA. The last time they met in 1996 Alois won by 3rd round KO. This time the fight goes all the way and Potter retains by split decision. Soon after the fight Alois announces his retirement from MMA.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>XCC</strong></p><p> </p><p>

XCC hold Feel The Burn 1: Ziskie v Nunes. Broadcast by National Pride TV this sees Philip Ziskie beat Azor Portela Nunes to continue his march back to a title shot. His contract is up after this fight and he can fight at Lightweight but I can't sign him as he has recently signed a contract with another Org, but who?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>FLB</strong></p><p> </p><p>

FLB hold a double title show which sees Sergio do Vale beat Kerlon Guerra de Bastos for the vacant Heavyweight Title (vacated when I poached Murilo Satinho) and Joaquim Fontes defend his Middleweight Title against Jorge Hormazabal. Fontes contract is up and at 30 it's now or never for a big move. Luckily for him I'm desperate to strengthen a Middleweight division ruled by Matthew Dean and I give him a big money contract.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>KDMFC</strong></p><p> </p><p>

KDMFC hold Sastrowardoya v Jakkuprasat, which sees Sastrowardoya make the second defence of his Bantamweight Title and Takeuchi vs Ho II. Which sees Takeuchi beat Ho for the second time, retaining his Featherweight Title.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>OMEGA</strong> </p><p> </p><p>

Finally the big news from Mexico. OMEGA Fighting Championships open and immediately go on a signing spree, picking up mainly Mexican and American fighters for their seven divisions. This is the first time I've had a new company open in WMMA 4 so I'll be interested to see how they do. They are Mid Regional popularity, which puts them third in the world (all though all the companies bar me and ALPHA-1 are Mid Regional so I expect the rankings to be fairly volatile. Some notable signings are Marvin Stevens, Wally Bryant, Sly Twinge, William Harrison, Dwayne Alleyne, Evan Gardner, Darren Southall and Philip Ziskie (which annoyingly is why I can't sign him). Ziskie is probably their biggest star and they quickly book him against Anthony Ray Shenkman.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>GAMMA Battle Lines 4: Rushton v Polter</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

This is my first free to air show and it's being held on independence day. The headline bout is Rushton v Polter for the Super Heavyweight Title but the one that most casual fans are tuning in to see is Mike Watson v Anthony LeToussier. Here's hoping for a show with some career making fights. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Prelims</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bud Brockett (9-3) v Moss Gilbert (7-2) - Lightweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Brockett rushes in and clinches Gilbert up against the cage, he tries for a couple of takedowns and Gilbert blocks them both by grabbing the cage, poor refereeing there. The ref finally spots it 3rd time out and deducts a point. Gilbert will need to try a new tactic.</p><p> </p><p>

Round 2 starts with Brockett against rushing in, he gets the early takedown and starts working Gilbert over, after softening him up he grabs an arm and makes him tap to the armbar. Convincing win.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Result: Bud Brockett defeats Moss Gilbert (Submission (Armbar) in 2:42 of round 2). The match was rated as being Great</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Delroy Rhodes (11-0) v Joe Hinchcliffe (24-13) - Welterweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Rhodes comes out blazing and Hinchcliffe spends the first two rounds covering up and backing away. Rhodes has this won on points but keeps hunting and at the start of the 3rd he staggers Hinchliffe with a big hook. He follows up with a head kick that knocks Hinchcliffe out cold. Great highlight reel finish. The metrics show how dominant Rhodes was landing 32 punches and 12 kicks to Hinchcliffe's 3 punches.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Result: Delroy Rhodes defeats Joe Hinchcliffe (Knock Out (Kick) in 0:54 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great. </strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Toby Sorkin (8-0) v Christian Mountfield (13-6) - Light Heavyweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Two great fights have left the crowd buzzing, this one brings them crashing back to earth and Sorkin grinds out a victory over Mountfield. He spends almost the whole fight in the clinch, landing 199 punches and takes a comfortable points victory. I was hoping for more though, that sort of performance isn't going to get you off the prelims and onto PPV.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Result: Toby Sorking defeats Christan Mountfield *Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Very Poor</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Peter Windsor (1-1) v Randolph Gilliver (5-2) - Super Heavyweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Gilliver is the big favourite here with betting odds of -670. This is just supposed to be a tune up fight with a view to getting him back on the main card. The first round goes to plan for Gilliver as he takes Windsor down early and spends the whole round on top of him. He lands a lot of big shots and a couple of times it looks like the ref will stop it. Windsor survives though.</p><p> </p><p>

Round 2 and Windsor comes out on the attack, he puts Gilliver down with a high kick and tries to finish him on the ground. Gilliver recovers though and Windsor stands back up. Windsor lands a one two combination which staggers Gilliver. Sensing blood Windsor follows up with a big head kick, it's all over.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Result: Peter Windsor defeats Randolph Gilliver (Knock Out (Kick) in 1:44 of round 2). The match was rated as being Fantastic </strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Main Card</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Teddy Glossop (4-0) v Irwin Middleton (3-1) - Super Heavyweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

More Super Heavyweight action as GAMMA continue to push the new division. This one sees Glossop dominate the striking in the first round but Middleton getting the takedown in the second to make it one round each. Glossop seems determined not to leave it in the hands of the judges hitting with several nasty looking hooks before KOing Middleton with a right cross.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Result: Teddy Glossop defeats Irwin Middleton (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:14 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dexter Darling (18-5-1) v Buddy Garner (14-2) - Middleweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Garner is lethal on the floor but Darling is the better wrestler and, perhaps wary of getting caught in the clinch Garner decides to try and out strike his opponent. It's a poor plan and despite landing more punches over all (due to a good second round) he loses 2 rounds to 1. No real highlights in this fight but a good solid effort from both fighters through out.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Result: Dexter Darling defeats Buddy Garner (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Good</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Atep of Indonesia (12-1) v Luke Hilton (11-1) - Lightweight</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Another fight which goes the distance and another fight which doesn't really have any highlights but has a good work rate all the way through. Both fighters look decent standing up, with Atep getting the better of the exchanges. Hilton manages to land one takedown in the second but doesn't take advantage as Atep sweeps him and spends the rest of the round on top. At the end the judges all score it 30:27 to Atep. A decent win but not quite the debut I was hoping for.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Result: Atep of Indonesia defeats Luke Hilton (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Good.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Watson (12-1) v Anthony LeToussier (14-2)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Two top notch kick boxers face off, Watson has the quicker hands but LeToussier has the better kicks, so it will be interesting to see how comes out on top.</p><p> </p><p>

Watson gets the better of the striking in round 1, until LeToussier pulls guard and takes him down. He grabs an arm and goes for a Kimura, Watson is struggling to fight him off but the buzzer goes before any real damage can be done.</p><p> </p><p>

Watson makes sure to avoid the clinch for the next two rounds and comfortably out strikes LeToussier. He puts him down with a big right in round 2 but wisely waves him back to his feet. Good win by Watson.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Watson defeats Anthony LeToussier (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Good</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Davey Rushton (5-0) v Hanley Polter (6-0) - Super Heavyweight Title</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Well the matches so far have been exciting but we all know that the casual fans on TV want to see finishes. We've only had one so far, in the first Super Heavyweight bout of the evening. Let's hope this one follows suit.</p><p> </p><p>

Polter keeps trying to close with Rushton but Rushton uses his jab to keep him away. He lands several hard shots and generally gets the better of it, although a trip takedown with 8 seconds to go by Polter shows he can be dangerous. Good round for Rushton.</p><p> </p><p>

Round 2 is all standing but Polter ups his game a bit and although it's close he probably gets the best of it. Very close round.</p><p> </p><p>

Convinced Polter is happy to stand and fight Rushton relaxes and Ploter takes him down at the start of the third. He lands a decent amount of ground and pound before slowing down as the round ends.</p><p> </p><p>

Round 4 again sees Polter take Rushton down, this time though he passes guard and starts landing big shots. Rushton gives up his back and Polter goes for the choke, he gets it on the second attempt. We have a finish and a new champion.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Result: Hanley Polter defeats Davey Rushton (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 4:00 of round 4. The match was rated as being Great</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Post Show Analysis</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Pop +0%</p><p>

Crit 77% Com 58%</p><p>

Gate: £252,526</p><p>

Sponsorship: £35,495</p><p>

Ads/Subs: £699,600</p><p>

Merchandise: £8282</p><p>

Fighters: -£80,726</p><p>

Drug Testing: -£21,600</p><p>

Production: -£29,269</p><p>

Total: £864,308</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Another good event, every TV fight was exciting and where I cared who won the right fighter got the victory. I didn't gain any popularity but I didn't lose any, which is good given the weak main event and the fact the card only score a 58% for commercial rating. </p><p> </p><p>

Following the fight there are various fighters whose contracts need renewing. I manage to renew everyone, although Mike Watson and Hanley Polter both manage to land a big pay rise as the are courted by ALPHA-1 and OMEGA respectively. I'm not too worried though as I seem to be raking it in at the moment.</p><p> </p><p>

I also decide to strengthen the Super Heavyweights (Yan Hasluck and Lenny DiMaria's contracts both expired and they were snapped up by OMEGA, I didn'tbid) and sign Yoshikazu Inamoto (10-6). The 32 year old has lost his first fight of the year to Tomoji Takaoka, which lead to his release from ALPHA-1. He has since won on a local Japanese show but he is likely coming in for some of the other fighters to beat.</p><p> </p><p>

Stan Still (8-6) is another fighter with a win on a local show. Again he is pretty poor but at least has some name value in the US, even if it is only Low Regional.</p><p> </p><p>

Finally I snap up Angus Silversmith (4-0). He's only 6 ft and with walking weight of 268 he could probably compete at either Heavyweight or Super Heavyweight. SHW is his natural weight though and it's where I need him so that's the division he gets assigned to.</p>

GAMMA 43: Sugar v Morrison III

Prelims

Esteban Vega (7-0) v Barret Fforde (7-3) - Middleweight

Vega shows crisp striking in the first round, outpointing Fforde without doing a great deal of damage. He steps it up a gear in the second and has Fforde in trouble through out. He finally puts him down near the end of the round and swiftly finishes him on the ground.

Result: Esteban Vega defeats Barrett Fforde by TKO (Strikes) at 4:12 of round 2. The fight was rated as Great

Guillermo Morales (12-0-1) v Glenn Pimm (34-12) - Light Heavyweight

Morales takes him down and swiftly transitions to mount, he starts throwing bombs and from there it's only a matter of time. Pimm goes limp and the ref puls Morales away. Impressive debut for Morales against the veteran.

Result: Guillermo Morales defeats Glenn Pimm by Knock Out (Punch) at 3:12 of round 1. The fight was rated as Good.

John Rivero (13-5) v Frank Sheedy (21-11) - Heavyweight

Rivero uses he speed and movement to dart in and out, landing jabs but not hurting Sheedy. When Sheedy connects he is hurting Rivero but it's rare that his big swings find their target. On the occasions Rivero gets in close he tries to grapple with Sheedy but finds his bulk too much to shift, managing only 1 out of 4 takedowns. I thought Rivero won it comfortably, not all the judges agree as they score it 29-28, 28-29 and 29-28 to Rivero.

Result: John Rivero defeats Frank Sheedy by split decision. The fight was rated as Decent.

David Allen (16-4) v Darin Blood (14-6) - Welterweight

Last time these two met Blood won by medical stoppage, Allen is clearly bent on revenge as he comes out swinging hard. Landing 6 power punches in the first round. To be fair to Blood he absorbs them all but one in particular looks like it did some damage. Blood's corner agree and thrown in the towel between rounds, it turns out that Blood has a nasty broken jaw.

David Allen defeats Darin Blood by TKO (Corner Stoppage) at 5:00 of round 1. The fight was rated as Good.

Main Show

Yevgeni Sipatov (28-9) v Jack Humphreys (25-10) - Welterweight

Sipatov gets the better of the first round, landing a takedown early and smothering Humphreys. He isn't doing much else and the ref eventually stands them up. He probably should have done that a bit sooner.

Humphreys is obviously infuriated by Sipatov's tactics and comes out talking trash at the start of the second, if he's looking to rile the Russian he fails as Sipatov sticks to his game plan, taking Humphreys down and keeping him there.

Humphreys finally starts to get into the fight in round 3, stuffing the takedowns and out striking Sipatov. Looks like it's too little too late though. I have this 2-1 to Sipatov. The judges agree (apart from one who gives all three rounds to Sipatov). Slightly dull fight, which was probably to be expected, maybe not the best one to open the show with.

Result: Yevgeni Sipatov defeats Jack Humphreys by Unanimous Decision. The fight was rated as Average

Tora Mizwar (22-7) v JJ Reid (26-6) - Middleweight

Reid starts the fight well, darting in and out and scoring points with some quick jabs. It's obvious that if this stays standing Mizwar is going to struggle. Mizwar shoots and gets the takedown, he spends the rest of the round softening Reid up with some decent ground and pound.

Round 2 goes much the same way, but this time Mizwar isn't able to get comfortable on the ground. Reid catches him in his guard and starts looking for submissions. They eventually end up scrambling and Reid gains the advantage, he sinks in a deep armbar and Mizwar is forced to tap.

JJ Reid defeats Tora Mizwar by Submission (Armbar) at 4:27 of round 2. The fight was rated as Decent.

Kurt McDonald (8-0) v Steve Mason (10-0) - Heavyweight

Both fighters are all about the stand up game and it shows as they come together in the centre of the cage. While Mason is landing a reasonable number of strikes McDonald is landing more and harder. There's only so much of this Mason can take and he finally succumbs to a big right hand halfway through the second round.

Result: Kurt McDonald defeats Steve Mason by Knock Out (Punch) at 3:02 of round 2. The fight was rated as Good.

Ricky Heath (16-4) v Junior Patinkin (16-2) - Light Heavyweight

Heath is riding high in the rankings thanks to his crisp striking but he's always had a weakness against wrestlers. Patinkin exploits that weakness, putting Heath on his back in both the first and second rounds. Heath defends well in the first but can't do anything in the second as Patinkin transitions to mount and then slaps on an armbar. Heath taps just as the buzzer is about to go.

Result: Junior Patinkin defeats Ricky Heath by submission (Armbar) at 4:50 of round 2. The fight was rated as Great

Co-Main Event

Osmosis Benn (18-1) v Neil Napier (18-1) - Middleweight

Benn shoots in and takes Napier down, I'm not sure Napier resisted that too much and he seems happy to have Benn in his guard. Benn tries to soften Napier up with a couple of strikes but Napier catches an arm, he swiftly transitions and gets the armbar. Benn is left with no option other than to tap. Napier schooled him there.

Result: Neil Napier defeats Osmosis Benn by submission (Armbar) at 2:58 of round 1. The fight was rated as Great

Main Event

Sean Morrison (30-4) v Brandon Sugar (28-5) - Lightweight Title

Well it's a good job the last few fights have been exciting as this one is the pits. It's a typical Morrison fight as he takes Sugar down time after time. Despite Sugar's good BJJ skills he can't do a thing on the ground and just has to take his punishment until the ref stands it up. The fight ends with Morrison landing 10 takedowns and 98 ground strikes. He never looked like finishing Sugar but certainly never looked like losing. A comprehensive victory and one which will likely keep Sugar away from the title picture while the belt remains with Morrison.

Result: Sean Morrison defeats Brandon Sugar by Unanimous Decision. The fight was rated as Poor.

Post Show Analysis

Commercial Rating: 72% Critical Rating 73%

Popularity Gain: +3.6%

Despite the dull main event the show was still a success. It's the biggest popularity gain so far and it pulled in just over £4 Mil in profit.

The prelims went to plan with Vega and Morales picking up wins. Rivero got his second win but annoyingly is still at -1 momentum. Finally Allen v Blood ended brutally, I predict a third fight at some time in their future.

Sipatov was dull but effective, if he keeps this up I can build a story around the ex-champ making a final run for the title, it's just a shame his fights are so dull. Humphreys has now lost two in a row and I'll need to give him an easier fight next time out if I want to keep him around. He is 33 though so I'll have to consider his future carefully.

Reid impressed by beating Mizwar in a slight upset, while McDonald did what I expected him to do, Mason will be heading to the prelims to try and regroup.

Patinkin showed his class and shot up to 3rd in the rankings, he's a potential contender for the title.

Napier also impressed and may get the chance to try and avenge that one loss on his record against Matthew Dean.

Finally, although the main event was dull it re-installed Morrison as champ. At high National popularity it certainly makes it easier to find Main Event Title bouts, given the relatively low name values of some of the other contenders. I might have struggled in Sugar had retained so this is a good result for me.

Sorry for the recent slow progress but work has been crazy this last week, however the missus is out so let's get booking my next few cards.

Before I announce my cards though I'll reveal my latest signings. I've been pretty restrained so far but this month I've made a few bids. The big one was Sukarno who I slapped in a $100,000 a fight contract offer, sadly he ends up re-signing for ALPHA-1 for around $90K.

I do manage to sign Will Kane, the English Welterweight is 19-3 and is coming off a win against Mills Mullally. He's been the BCF Welterweight Champion since 1997 and at 33 it's now or never for a big move. I think he's done all he can at BCF and offer him a shot at the big time. He has no name value in the US but he has momentum 5 and great skills so I'll be throwing him in against big names as soon as he's healed up from his last fight.

I also strengthen the Lightweight Division by signing Luis Basora from Sigma. He's not fought since the game began and is another veteran who needs to make his move to the big time or stay stuck in the little leagues for good. As a former SIGMA Lightweight champion he's another one I'll be throwing in at the deep end.

Finally my last big name signing is Rafael Van der Moot. He's coming off a submission loss to Sho Kitabatake but despite this I'm excited to sign him. A world class striker with great defensive wrestling and a 13-1 record he can do great things in the Light Heavyweight Division. At only 27 he's got plenty of years left in him and this is one I think is a real coup.

Finally I pick up a few more Super Heavyweights. Taroemon Abukara is the biggest name, at 10-0 his loss will hurt ALPHA-1's SHW division. He's beaten Zachary Nobell, Joe Snettisham and Marty Sinnar since the game began and was probably being groomed for a title shot.

Abe Locke is the second SHW I steal from ALPHA-1. He's 7-2 with two wins since the game started. As an American he also has some name value in the States which is handy.

I also snap up Mata Fialkowska (3-0 with two wins on the local circuit) and Marmaduke Chuffnell (4-0 with three wins on the local circuit). Just to give me further options at SHW.

That's quiet a signing spree and I'll probably lay off the signings for a while, unless someone absolutely amazing comes up. The only division I might make an exception for is Lightweight, which is still a little thin with only 20 fighters in it.

GAMMA 44: Foster v Kapur

James Foster (35-4-1) v Rav Kapur (11-0) - Heavyweight Title

This one probably doesn't need a lot of explanation. Foster is the only one of my champions yet to defend his title and Kapur won the number 1 contender fight against Boyer. Kapur is still not that well known in America but his high momentum and Foster's amazing name value mean this is rated as a Great main event. I'm looking forward to this one, although I may be in trouble if Kapur wins as I might find it difficult to get a main event out of him unless his opponent has decent name value.

Co-Main Event

Marlon John (13-1) v Linfield Ballard (22-9) - Light Heavyweight

Two big names and two opposing styles make this the perfect Co-main event. If either Foster or Kapur have to pull out this can replace it and still draw. In addition neither of these fighters have faced current Champ (or his next challenger, to be unveiled soon), meaning whoever wins I may have a potential title challenger.

Leftar Oktay (15-0) v Duke Aiona (15-4) - Heavyweight

Oktay makes his GAMMA debut against Duke Aiona. Both like to stand and strike so I'm hoping for an exciting fight which should boost Oktay's popularity. He's definitely a potential title challenger but he needs a couple of wins before he's well known enough to earn that shot.

Alex Cole (11-0) v Thomas Smith (16-3) - Middleweight

Unbeaten Alex Cole makes his GAMMA debut against the man who ended Adam White's unbeaten streak. If Cole wins then it's a great debut and if Smith wins then I've started to build a little narrative for him as the streak breaker. This means I can throw him in against some tougher opponents and still have a use for him if he loses as he can go up against the next unbeaten prospect.

Bruce Steven (20-8) v Luis Basora (21-5) - Lightweight

The lack of credible challengers for Morrison means the winner of this fight could well find themselves as his next challenger. The only other possible contenders are Jake Keane and Atep of Indonesia and I'm likely to make them face off against each other. Whoever impresses me the most out of the 4 fighters will probably be the next challenger. In terms of skills both Steven and Basora like to focus on submissions so this could be one for the purists.

Zsolt Hargitay (9-0) v Seb Morehead (8-0) - Super Heavyweight

Two unbeaten fighters make their GAMMA debuts, this is only rated as a preliminary fight but I want them on screen and with the Main and Co-Main being so good I can afford a couple of less popular fights.

Prelims

Adam White (11-1) v Drew Jenks (8-3) - Middleweight

Adam White's road to rehabilitation starts here. It's my intention to give him a few fights he should win on the prelims to build some of that momentum back up and then put him back on the main card later on. Drew Jenks shouldn't cause him too much trouble but he's Mid Regional popularity and has a decent record so if he by some fluke wins at least I've boosted a half decent fighter out of it.

Felix Mattherson Jr (7-0) v Ray Eton (10-3) - Welterweight

This has similar thinking to the fight above, Mattherson is one I want to build slowly on the prelims, increasing his popularity and momentum but it's not a disaster if Ray Eton picks up the win.

Keith Plaice (16-6) v Bart Diggs (9-4) - Middleweight

This is going to sound harsh but I don't really care about either of these guys and it doesn't matter to me who wins. Whichever one of them pulls it out is probably Adam White's next victim, I mean opponent. Of course if they win that fight then I might start caring.

Angus Silversmith (4-0) v Osser Mallaby (3-2)

Despite being young Mallaby doesn't have a lot to offer and he may well get cut in the near future. I'm hoping that before he goes he manages to put Silversmith over for a debut win.

GAMMA Battle Lines 5: Ballard v Thomas

The next event I book is a free to air Thanksgiving Special. This will be used to show case some of my newer fighters and also to decide some of the potential number 1 contenders. Hopefully some of the fans who watch this will tune into the respective PPV fights.

Ashley Ballard (14-1) v Patrick Thomas (19-4) - Middleweight

Matthew Dean has dominated the Middleweight Division and it's tough to find fighters he hasn't already beaten. These two are two such rarities. Both like to strike so it should be a crowd pleasing bout and despite them only being rated 8th and 10th on the rankings the winner could well face Dean in the near future. Although Neil Napier is also lurking in the wings for Dean, it's good to have options. This is rated as a Strong Main Event and as such is more than good enough for TV.

Rufus Stephens (19-3) v Josh Aldarisio (17-1) - Welterweight

Two top Welterweights, their chances off getting a shot at the title is slim due to the impending Regueiro v Brubaker rematch. However the winner of this one will almost certainly be inline for a number one contenders match, call this a number one contenders qualifier.

It's rated as a Decent main event so it can top the bill if something happens to Ballard or Thomas.

Atep of Indonesia (13-1) v Jake Keane (26-4) - Lightweight

Neither of these fighters are that well know in the U.S. however that doesn't really matter too much when Morrison is champ as he scores a main event rating with pretty much anyone on the roster. The winner here should see their popularity improve and if they really impress they'll likely be the next challenger.

Norman Pike (17-6) v Murilo Satinho (11-0) - Heavyweight

Satinho is a ground and pound monster and I'm confident he can beat almost anyone I put in front of him. He's also only 25 so there's no need to rush him. My intention is to feature him on the main card of several events in fights against veterans . He'll hopefully build a truly impressive unbeaten streak and it will lead to a super fight with whoever is champion at the time. Patience is the key to this one. Pike is the first of his sacrificial offerings.

Efren Luat (7-0) v George Pickering (8-1) - Super Heavyweight

Remember how Frank Paul built up the hype for Luat's debut by calling him out, well that's the fight I originally booked. Unfortunately Paul got injured a couple of days later and Pickering stepped in to replace him. At 35 and coming off a loss to Paul, Pickering's days are numbered if he loses here.

Prelims

Terry Shakespeare (4-1) v Yoshikazu Inamoto (10-6) - Super Heavyweight

Both these fighters are pretty bad, however they are both coming off a win so one more puts them on a streak and makes them someone I can use.

Pai Cheng (7-0) v Stan Still (8-6) - Heavyweight

Cheng has good skills and is only 23, the strategy here will be similar to the one I'm pursuing with Satinho, except initially on the prelims and with worse opponents. I pick Stan Still as he is unlikely to cause an upset, his name amuses me and I think he looks a little worried in his picture, frankly he should be worried as I think this is going to be a beating.

Derek South (14-6) v Ken Peters (10-2) - Light Heavyweight

South let me down last time out against Rivero, he gets a chance to redeem himself against another fighter I hate, the incredibly dull Ken Peters. Both fighters are on a losing streak and may not survive another loss.

Woody Fierstein (11-5) v Buddy Garner (14-3) - Middleweight

Two more fighters on losing streaks and two more hanging onto their jobs by the skin of their teeth. Garner is Low National popularity so I'm willing to give him every chance to make a comeback. But if he can't beat Fierstein then he probably can't beat anyone.

GAMMA 45: Herringbone v Watson

This is the year end PPV and frankly it's giving me some problems. Herringbone is the only champion I have available and his popularity is only High Regional. My top 5 contenders consist of:

1) Marlon John (already booked to face Linfield Ballard)

2) Spencer Rubenstein (just lost two in a row to Herringbone)

3) Junior Patinkin (still recovering from fighting Heath)

4) Alexei Chekhov (even less well known than Herringbone)

5) Mike Watson (looks like it's you then)

Lawrence Herringbone (17-1) v Mike Watson (13-1) - Light Heavyweight Title

This is the only title fight I can put on and it only rates as a potential main event, I'm going to need to come up with a good Co-Main.

Co-Main

Manuel Silva (18-0) v Nathan Chambers (18-3) - Welterweight

Silva is unknown in the states and Chambers is on -1 momentum. Yet some how, between them, they rate as a Great main event. I guess Chambers popularity and ability to trash talk and Silva's momentum and reputation are enough to get people buying.

This is a big fight for both fighters, If Silva loses then the reputation he's worked years to build will be shattered as people will wonder if he can handle the step up to GAMMA. Chambers on the other hand really can't afford another high profile loss after losing his trilogy to Rufus Stephens.

v Christopher Sharp (35-13) v Gary Sampson (19-6) - Heavyweight

Both fighters are coming off wins so another victory here could really boost them up the rankings. At 33 and 37 respectively time isn't on their side so neither can really afford the loss. This has the potential to be a bit of a dull one as both like to grapple.

Fjodor Kanchelskis (14-0) v Sutton Ripley (18-3) - Middleweight

This should be a tough debut for Kanchelskis and will see if he has what it takes at this level. Kanchelskis' strength is his wrestling and in Ripley he faces one of the best and defending against takedowns. Combine that with Ripley's one punch knock out power and you have a potential banana skin for the Russian.

John-James McInleen (4-0) v Teddy Glossop (5-0) - Super Heavyweight

I continue to force the Super Heavyweights down the viewers throats, at least this one the care about slightly as it's rated as a big enough draw to make it onto the main show or maybe headline the prelims.

Cooper Richardson (13-5) v Delroy Rhodes (12-0) - Welterweight

This however is one that people really don't have any hopes for as it's rated as best suited to the prelims. Rhodes is the last of the trio of debuting unbeaten fighters and I suspect we'll make a little video package with the three of them talking themselves up. Cooper Richardson is a competent fighter but if Rhodes has any aspirations of making it in GAMMA he needs to be putting people like this away.

Prelims

Benny Danare (9-4) v Carl Chenoweth (6-0) - Lightweight

Danare lost to Nicholas Bretton last time out and he needs to halt his losing streak. Chenoweth on the other hand is on the up, although Danare is a step up in class from his last opponent. A win here will probably see him debut on the main card in the near future, while a loss will see him stuck on the prelims a while longer.

John Wales (7-0) v Joshua Ziegler (8-3) - Welterweight

This one follows one of my standard templates, fighter who I want to push (Wales) against slightly weaker fighter who has a respectable record in case of an upset (Ziegler). Wales is a young striker and I'm going to try and build him slowly.

Kade Devine (5-3) v Brendon Job (5-1) - Lightweight

Both these fighters lost on their debuts and another loss could see them back on the Local Scene. Surely that's sufficient incentive to give it your all.

Bryan Van Den Hauwe (19-5) v Bill Cumming (29-14) - Light Heavyweight

Van Den Hauwe was the poor guy I picked out to be the sacrificial pawn for Chekhov's debut. He managed to go the distance and I figure he's earned an easier fight this time out. Bill Cumming is 38 and Father Time is surely knocking on the door for his career. Can he manage one last surge before it's all over?

Well that's my next three shows booked and it takes me all the way up to the end of my first year in charge. It'll probably take me a couple of days to run and write up all three but I hope to be in 2001 by the weekend.

I'm really enjoying this dynasty and essentially your thought process about booking. As someone who's starting to play this game more often, your insight has helped me understand the grasp of how to format cards, plan future events, etc. Will definitely continue following this.

GAMMA 44: Foster v Kapur

Prelims

Angus Silversmith (4-0) v Osser Mallaby (3-2) - Super Heavyweight

Silversmith is small for a Super Heavyweight but still gets the better of the clinch, using his lower centre of gravity to drive Mallaby up against the cage. However he fails to stop either of Mallaby's takedown attempts and he hasn't looked at all impressive here. The judges scores it 30-27, 28-29, 29-28 in favour of Silversmith but it's not been an impressive debut.

Result: Angus Silversmith defeats Osser Mallaby (Split Decision). The match was rated as being Poor

Keith Plaice (16-6) v Bart Diggs (9-4) - Middleweight

Plaice goes after Diggs from the off, knocking him down in the first, second and third rounds. He can't finish him though and the fight goes to the judges. They award a clear victory to Plaice.

Plaice calls out Alex Cole after the fight, not sure about that, it probably depends on what happens in Cole's fight later on.

Result: Keith Plaice defeats Bart Diggs (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Decent

Felix Mattherson Jr (7-0) v Ray Eton (10-3) - Welterweight

Mattherson starts off with some crisp striking, forcing Eton to move into the clinch for protection. Mattherson sweeps a leg and tosses Eton to the ground with a great hip throw. Mattherson grabs an arm and sinks in the armbar, it's all over.

Felix Mattherson Jr defeats Ray Eton (Submission (Armbar) in 3:16 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good.

Adam White (11-1) v Drew Jenks (8-3) - Middleweight

They both start off cagey, White has maybe lost a bit of confidence, Jenks goes in for a takedown which White shrugs off and it seems to shake him out of his funk and he goes for a takedown of his own. Jenks ends up sitting against the cage and White goes for a guillotine. Jenks is forced to tap. White grabs the mic after the fight and calls out Thomas Smith, he obviously wants revenge.

Adam White defeats Drew Jenks (Submission (Guillotine) in 2:36 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great

Main Event

Zsolt Hargitay (9-0) v Seb Morehead (8-0) - Super Heavyweight

Hargitay and Morehead stand and trade strikes for the whole first round, they both absorb the shots and the crowd are loving it. Hargitay changes tactics in the second and grabs Morehead and slams him down. He dives in and unleashes strike after strike, but time is ticking down. Morehead goes limp and the ref steps in with 2 seconds to remaining.

Result: Zsolt Hargitay defeats Seb Morehead (TKO (Strikes) in 4:58 of round 2). The match was rated as being Good.

Luis Basora (21-5) v Bruce Steven (20-8) - Lightweight

Steven gets the early advantage, slamming Basora and taking his back. He goes for the Rear Naked Choke but Basora defends it well. He can't shift Steven off his back though and Steven easily takes the round. The crowd aren't loving it though.

Basora gets the takedown in round 2 and he spends the round on top. This time he's the one who keeps control but he can't seem to do any damage either. They are cancelling each other out.

Round 3 and it's one round each, it seems to be whoever gets the takedown has the advantage and Steven goes for one early, Basora blocks it though and then trips him. He spends the round on top but again can't do any real damage. He takes the round and the fight but it wasn't a great debut.

Result: Luis Basora defeats Bruce Steven (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Average

Thomas Smith (16-3) v Alex Cole (11-0) - Middleweight

Smith takes control of this one from the off, he drives Cole back to the cage with his striking and then takes him down from the clinch. It looks like he might finish it in the first when he takes Cole's back but Cole defends well. Smith dominates the other two rounds, out striking Cole and taking him down a further three times. Good performance for Smith, it's a shame he couldn't finish it though.

Thomas Smith defeats Alex Cole (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Average

Lefter Oktay (15-0) v Duke Aiona (15-4) - Heavyweight

It's been a bad night for the debuting fighters so far and Oktay probably has the toughest fight of them all against Aiona. The first round is a barnstormer as both fighters stand in the middle of the cage and refuse to give an inch.

They repeat this in the second but this time Oktay lands a telling right which staggers Aiona. Oktay follows up with another big right putting Aiona down. He dives in and unleashes some vicious ground and pound. Aiona covers up and Oktay changes tack going for an arm triangle. He gets it locked in but Aiona refuses to tap and manages to break free.

Aiona knows he needs a finish in the third and comes out blazing. Oktay doesn't give an inch though and fights back getting the better of it. The judges score it 30-27, 30-26, 30-27. A dominant win.

Oktay calls out Foster after the match, he obviously doesn't rate Kapur's chances later on.

Result: Lefter Oktay defeats Duke Aiona (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Decent

Co-Main Event

Marlon John (13-1) v Linfield Ballard (22-8) - Light Heavyweight

I was a bit disappointed with the rating the last fight got as I thought it was pretty exciting, perhaps the fact it was the third in a row to go to the judges counted against it. Marlon John realises the crowd pay to see people getting knocked out and he takes Ballard down, mounts him and pounds him out in the first. Great win for John.

Result: Marlon John defeats Linfield Ballard (Knock Out (Punch) in 3:06 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good

Main Event

James Foster (35-4-1) v Rav Kapur (11-0) - Heavyweight Title

It's the fight the fans have been waiting for and one they've endured a pretty average card for. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

Round 1 sees Kapur coming forward landing jabs and body kicks. Foster absorbs them and moves in for the clinch. He pushes Kapur up against the cage and works the dirty boxing. However Kapur manages to turn him and holds him there until the ref brings it back to the centre. That was Kapur's round.

Round 2 sees Foster grab the clinch straight away. He again pushes him up against the cage but Kapur is strong enough to break free. Foster doesn't seem to be able to over come the size and strength advantage Kapur possesses. That's another round to Kapur.

Foster is losing but doesn't change his plan and this time he gets Kapur against the cage and keeps him there. He lands a lot of strikes and really works Kapur over. Much better round for Foster.

Round 4 is mostly spent in the clinch as well and this time I can't call it. The commentator gives it to Kapur but I've not got a clue.

Foster finally goes for a takedown in round 5, perhaps looking to finish it. Kapur defends well though and we end up in a clinch once again. Foster dominates this one as Kapur seems to be tiring.

Foster dominated both the rounds he won, while the two Kapur won were close. The metrics highlight this showing Foster landing 181 punches to Kapur's 91. However a winning round is a winning round and no-one did enough to get a 10-8 so it will all be down to that 4th round. The judges call it 48-47 Foster, 48-47 Kapur, 49-46 Kapur - We have a new champion.

Result: Rav Kapur defeats James Foster (Split Decision). The match was rated as being Average

Post Event Analysis

As always it's the stats first:

Pop: +3.5%

Critical Rating: 61%. Commercial Rating: 82%

Gate: $1,236,540

Sponsorship: $42,248

PPV: $3,688,800

Merchandise: $8,196

Fighters: -$267,927

Drug Tests: -$24,000

Production: -$113,694

Total: $4,570,163

That was a mixed bag of an event, in terms of Commercial Rating it smashed it and it's just as well as the actual fights weren't great, leading to a critical rating of only 61%, my worst so far. It still translated into a big popularity gain though and I made a ton of money.

The prelims were ok, White got back to winning ways and Mattherson has a decent debut.

Hargitay did well and could be a force in the Super Heavyweight Division. Basora and Oktay got the wins but the fights weren't that exciting so they've probably not seen a big increase in name value.

Marlon John smashed Ballard and he is a massive name in the Light Heavyweight Division right now. It's unfortunate that the next title show comes too soon for him. I'll have to think about what to do with him next.

The title match was a bit of a dull one, personally I think the rating of Average generous, but that might be due to it being so close. Given the number of strikes he landed Foster has a right to feel aggrieved.

Kapur is still only High Regional popularity, even after this win, which makes it difficult to find an opponent for him. Hughes and Boyer are probably the only ones with enough name value and neither of them are in a position to get a title shot at the moment. Luckily, seeing as this was so close, I think it's perfectly reasonable to give Foster a rematch, which gives me plenty of time to build up the next challenger. I might try and put together a slightly more exciting undercard next time though.

Rest of the World

July, August, September and October

ALPHA-1

ALPHA-1 hold three events, Van Der Capellen v Xie Ming, Yamamoto v Sukarno and Warriors of the Ring 3.

Vader Der Capellen makes the first successful defence of his Welterweight Title in a fight of the night against Xie Ming, Capellen also picks up KO of the night to really consolidate himself as the worlds number 1 Welterweight. On the undercard Carlos De Guia beats Fernando Amaro to defend his Middleweight Title.

Sukarno beat Yamamoto to unify the interim and actual Lightweight belts in a show which did a massive 82% for commercial rating. His contract came up after this but I failed to sign him. The undercard saw Kitabatake beat Van Der Moot and Ari Peltonen beat Hiro Arai.

Warriors of the Ring 3 was headlined by a Unanimous Decision win for Heikichi Shimizu against Motoki Hojo. Hassan Fezzik is only deemed good enough for the Co-main, where he scores an easy win over Gerson Mauricio by first round submission.

Omega

Omega hold their first ever event, originally it was supposed to be Marvin Stevens v Wally Bryant for the Super Heavyweight Title. However an injury to Bryant means that the co-main of Philip Ziskie v Anthony Ray Shenkman for the Featherweight Title gets bumped to the main. Ziskie wins by majority decision after 12 grueling rounds. The event is a success and Omega get bumped to High Regional Popularity, making them the undisputed number 3 company in the world.

They follow this up with Lundi v Twinge in October. To the surprise of no one Twinge beats Lundie and takes the Heavyweight belt. The co-main sees Terry Catt beat Trevor Murray for the Light Heavyweight belt.

XCC

XCC hold two cards, each headlined by a title bout. Machado v Frye II sees Machado beat Frye for the second time to defend the Featherweight Title. After two straight losses Frye needs to rebuild, luckily he has a contract with Omega as well as XCC so perhaps he'll take his next fight there.

Bassett v Bassington-Bassington is the poshest sounding headliner ever. Bassett makes his first ever defence of his Bantamweight title to solidify his position as the best Bantamweight in the world.

SIGMA

SIGMA hold three events, all of which garner a decent critical rating, but poor commercial ratings, I guess the talent raids are taking their toll. Soldo defends against Valentin Taneyev, Thomas Rekdal beats Casim Yenkini for the vacant middleweight title and Snorri Gunnarsson beats Jason Dalglish to defend the Featherweight Title. However the belt is declared a no contest as Gunnarsson tests positive for drugs and is stripped of the title. None of these shows were broadcast and I feel like SIGMA will struggle unless they can get a TV or PPV deal soon.

BCF

BCF only manage to put on one show, although at least it was on PPB with UK Choice. Will Kane made his 5th successful defence of his Welterweight Title and is promptly poached by GAMMA.

WEFF

WEFF hold two events, but oddly have two title fights on one and none on the other. WEFF 23 sees Daniela Sadorra defend her flyweight title against Hazel McClay and Hope Lehane defend her Featherwight Title against Anna Thompson. While Weff 24 is headlined by Helen Fox beating Chantrell Bedard by submission.

FLB

FLB hold two shows which are broadcast on Televisao Esporte. Thais Antonio Taffarel defeats Marco de Almeida by 3rd round KO to win the vacant Middleweight Title, while Procopio Golias beats Orlando de Carvalho for the vacant Welterweight Title.

KDMFC

KDMFC pick up a TV deal with Net-A, hopefully this will allow them to increase their popularity and move up from bottom slot. The first two shows the broadcast are headlined by Faraq v Anzures for the vacant Lightweight Title, Faraq wins by 1st round TKO, while the second sees them pushing the women's division, headlining with Sablikova v Sasaki. Sablikova takes a unanimous decision victory to hold onto her belt.

GAMMA Battle Lines 5: Ballard v Thomas

The thanksgiving spectacular gets a little less spectacular with an injury to Norman Pike the week before the show, I want Murilo Satinho on the show so I end up cancelling Cheng v Still on the prelims and bumping Still up to the main show. It should still be a win for Satinho, albeit one which doesn't mean much.

The injury curse strikes again just days before the show as the co-main event is cancelled when Josh Aldarisio picks up an injury. There is no suitable replacement at such short notice and Atep v Keane gets moved to the co-main, while Peters v South gets moved from the prelims to the main show. I've now only got 7 fights all in, which means I'll take a hit to my ratings.

Prelims

Terry Shakespeare (4-1) v Yoshikazu Inamoto (10-6) - Super Heavyweight

Shakespeare has a 9 inch height advantage and he makes it tell by working the jab to dominate the first round. Inamoto gets a very late takedown from the clinch but that was Shakespeare's round.

Shakespeare keeps up the same plan of attack in round 2 and manages to knock Inamoto down, he can't finish it on the floor though and Inamoto survives.

Shakespeare is looking tired in round 3 and Inamoto gets an early takedown, and control Shakespeare for the round, he doesn't do any real damage though.

The judges score it 29-28 Inamoto, 29-27 Shakespeare, 29-28 Inamoto. The commentator thinks Shakespeare was robbed, I wouldn't go that far as I suppose the first could have gone either way. Not sure about that 10-8 second round one judge scored though.

Result: Yoshikazu Inamoto defeats Terry Shakespeare (Split Decision). The match was rated as being Good

Woody Fiersteinn (11-5) v Buddy Garner (14-3) - Middleweight

They both start of cagey, Fierstein is worried about the takedown and Garner is biding his time. He eventually gets the takedown and quickly goes for a kimura. He gets it but Fierstein refuses to tap and eventually gets free. Garner transitions to mount but the buzzer goes.

Round 2 sees Garner be more aggressive and he takes Fierstein down early before tapping him out with an arm triangle.

Result: Buddy Garner defeats Woody Fierstein (Submission (Arm Triangle) in 3:06 of round 2. The match was rated as Decent.

Main Show

Efren Luat (7-0) v George Pickering (8-1) - Super Heavyweight

Pickering got the call up after Frank Paul got injured. After losing to Paul he needs to make the most of this change. He does his best and manages to score two takedowns to Luat, almost putting him away with ground and pound in the second. Luat does enough though to take the first and third and picks up the decision win.

Result: Efren Luat defeats George Pickering (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Average

Derek South (14-6) v Ken Peters (10-2) - Light Heavyweight

I moved this one up to the main show as they are both established fighters and I like South. What a terrible idea that was. Peters takes South down 6 times but does nothing on the ground, every time the ref stands them up Peters takes South straight back down again. An easy win for Peters, South has proven both here and against Rivero that he can't defend a takedown.

Result: Ken Peters defeats Derek South (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Awful

Murilo Satinho (11-0) v Stan Still (8-6) - Heavyweight

Not quite the established name fighter I planned to put Satinho up against, still at least Satinho is getting on TV. He stuns Still early and goes for the Muay Thai clinch, he lands several nasty elbows which cut Still open, the ref says the fight can continue though. Satinho seems to tire as the round wears on and Still makes it to the buzzer. Satinho comes out blazing in the second and lands several hard punches, which see Still go down. Satinho dives in and it's all over.

After the fight Satinho calls out Fatuma Roy, it's possible but I probably plan to progress him slightly more slowly.

Result: Murilo Satinho defeats Stan Still (TKO(Strikes) in 1:03 of round 2). The match was rated as being Good

Co-Main

Atep of Indonesia (13-1) v Jake Keane (26-4) - Lightweight

Round 1 sees both fighters striking, with Atep getting slightly the better of it. there wasn't much to choose between them though. Round 2 again sees Atep getting the better of the striking but Keane gets a takedown into guard. He can't take advantage though as Atep sweeps him when he tries to transition and spends the rest of the round on top. 2 rounds to 0.

Round 3 again sees Keane go for and get the takedown into guard. Keane lands a number of strikes but can't get past Atep's guard and the round ends.

Result: Atep of Indonesia defeats Jake Keane (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Good

Main Event

Ashley Ballard (14-1) v Patrick Thomas (19-4) - Middleweight

Although Thomas usually likes to use his wrestling defensively he uses it well in the first round to control the clinch and the second to score a takedown. It's effective if a little dull. After wearing Ballard down Thomas comes out swinging in the third. A hard left followed by a right sees Ballard go down, Thomas doesn't even bother to follow up, he knows this is over.

Result: Patrick Thomas defeats Ashley Ballard (Knock Out (Punch) in 0:26 of round 3. The match was rated as being Decent

Post Show Analysis

Before the show I was fully predicting a bit of a disaster, I wasn't sure how much of a hit the ratings would take from not having enough fights. I'm therefore over the moon when I see reasonable ratings but also a 3% increase in popularity.

Pop +3.0%

Critical Rating: 52%, Commercial Rating 66%

Gate: £343,840

Sponsorship: £40,957

Ads/Subs: £922,200

Merchandise: £8,201

Fighters: -£83,771

Drug Tests: -£16,800

Production: -£30,979

Total: +£1,183,648

Patrick Thomas was dominant in his win and is now one of the top Middleweights in the division. Depending on how long he is out for he could easily be the next challenger for Dean.

Atep of Indonesia looked like he had set himself up to challenge Morrison with that win, however he fails a post show drugs test and gets suspended for 12 months. Even worse they aren't even performance enhancing drugs, which would at least have given Keane an excuse for the loss, but recreational ones. So my challenger is suspended and Keane can't even beat the guy when he is high.

Satinho did ok, although I was a bit concerned to see him tire so quickly, while Peters v South was a disaster, being both boring and seeing Peters win. Luat v Pickering was ok but neither really made a name for themselves.

Overall, taking all the injuries into account it could have been worse. However it could have been an awful lot better and despite the popularity gain that was probably the least successful show of the year, especially once you take Atep's drugs failure into account. At least he promised to clean up his act after.

I have 16 fighters contracts come up at the end of November, I manage to resign them all (including some key fighters like Neil Napier, Jake Keane and Bobby Brubaker). But I also manage to poach Zvonmir Asanovic from ALPHA-1. He's already rated as Mid National name value in the US and with momentum 5 he's a ready made headliner.

There's only one change to the card as Delroy Rhodes gets injured, I don't have a suitable replacement so that fight is off the card completely. I move John Wales v Josh Ziegler up to the main show, a good chance for one of these fighters to impress, and book Kel Ryan v Eric Hughes for the prelims.

GAMMA 45: Herringbone v Watson

Prelims

Kel Ryan (5-1) v Eric Hughes (4-2) - Super Heavyweight

It's a late addition to the card and neither had time for a full camp. Both clearly decide they don't want the fight to go the distance an come out swinging. Ryan is hitting harder and more often and Hughes eventually succumbs to a big right near the end of the second.

Result: Key Ryan defeats Eric Hughes (Knock Out (Punch) in 4:44 of round 2. The match was rated as being Great

Bill Cumming (29-14) v Bryan Van Den Hauwe (19-5) - Light Heavyweight

With two wrestlers facing each other it's almost inevitable that this ends up in the clinch for the majority of the fight. It's even through out with neither really able to assert dominance. The ref does his best to keep the action flowing but overall this isn't the best spectacle ever. The judges score it 29-28, 28-29, 29-28 in favour of Bill Cumming. A poor result for Van Den Hauwe in a fight he was expected to win comfortably.

Result: Bill Cumming defeats Bryan Van Den Hauwe (Split Decision). The match was rated as being Very Poor.

Brendon Job (5-1) v Kade Devine (5-3) - Lightweight

Devine puts Job down with a brutal right hand, he follows up and tries to put Job away, Job covers up and then grabs an arm. Before Devine can work out what's going on he's tapping out to a triangle choke. He probably should have kept this one standing.

Result: Brendon Job defeats Kade Devine (Submission (Triangle) in 3:23 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

Benny Danare (9-4) v Carl Cheoweth (6-0) - Lightweight

Chenoweth shows off his karate skills, landing a variety of kicks and punches. Danare absorbs them and manages to get Chenoweth in a clinch against the cage, he lands numerous short strikes on the inside and probably does enough to take the round. Round 2 sees Chenoweth hurt his hand right at the start, it doesn't seem to effect him to much as he continues landing strikes. Danare again clinches and looks for the takedown, Chenoweth grabs the cage to stop it and the ref takes a point off him.

Chenoweth comes out for the third with a damaged hand and a point deducted, things get even worse for him when Danare takes him down and cuts him with an elbow. Chenoweth somehow regains his feet put again finds himself against the cage. He blocks the takedown again by grabbing the cage and again the ref spots it and deducts a point. That's the win in the bag for Danare. The judges see it as 28-27, 29-26, 29-26, all in favour of Danare.

Result: Benny Danare defeats Carl Chenoweth (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Great

Main Show

John Wales (7-0) v Joshua Ziegler (8-3) - Welterweight

Having been bumped up to the main show I expect these fighters to go all out. They throw a lot of kicks and strikes but there isn't much accuracy on display and neither ever seems to hurt their opponent. Every round is close but Ziegler does enough to win all three. Big set back for Wales as he loses his unbeaten record.

Result: Joshua Ziegler degeats John Wales (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Decent

John-James McInleen (4-0) v Teddy Glossop (5-0) - Super Heavyweight

McInleen's plan is to pursue the takedown relentlessly and he does this, eating several hard shots in the process. He lands two of four and takes the first and third rounds off the back of them. Glossop keeps it standing in the second but loses out on the decision.

Result: John-James McInleen defeats Teddy Glossop (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Decent

Fjodor Kanchelskis (14-0) v Sutton Ripley (18-3) - Middleweight

Kanchelskis goes straight after Ripley from the off, landing a massive T-Bone supplex in the first. Ripley manages to scramble to his feet and gets taken down with a slam instead. Round 2 sees Kanchelskis take him down two more times and it doesn't get any better for Ripley in the third as Kanchelskis takes his back and slaps on a rear naked choke. Great debut for Kanchelskis.

Result: Fjodor Kanchelskis defeats Sutton Ripley (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 2:15 of round 3). The match was rated as being Good.

Christopher Sharp (35-13) v Gary Sampson (19-6) - Heavyweight

This one comes down to technique vs power, they both weight in at 265 but Sampson somehow packs that into his 5'10 frame.

Sharp proves that it's not just about muscle though, taking Sampson down in the first and second rounds. Sampson manages to dictate the fight in the third and beats Sharp up in the clinch, he's not done enough to win it, although one judge scores it in his favour.

Result: Christopher Sharp defeats Gary Sampson (Split Decision). The match was rated as being Poor

Co-Main Event

Manuel Silva (18-0) v Nathan Chambers (18-3) - Welterweight

The GAMMA debut of Manuel Silva is the real reason a lot of people have bought this PPV. Chambers has been talking trash before the fight and he refuses to touch gloves at the start, he's playing his heel role perfectly.

Having a big mouth is all well and good but you need to be able to back it up in the cage. Chambers emphatically can, out wrestling Silva to score takedowns in the first and second rounds. Chambers seems confident of victory and is more cautious in the third, clinching up against the cage and beating Silva up with short strikes. Chambers has spoiled the GAMMA debut of one of the top 5 rated pound for pound fighters in the world.

Result: Nathan Chambers defeats Manuel Silva (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as being Decent

Lawrence Herringbone (17-1) v Mike Watson (13-1) - Light Heavyweight Title

Herringbone knows he can't win this one standing, but it seems like he can't take Watson down either, failing with 6 attempts in the first round. Round 2 however sees him scoop Watson up and slam him down. Herringbone advances to mount and unleashes some brutal ground and pound, landing 8 power strikes in a row. Watson goes limp and Herringbone defends his title for the second time.

Lawrence Herringbone defeats Mike Watson (Knock Out (Punch) in 3:19 of round 2. The match was rated as Great

Post Show Analysis

Overall the show is a resounding success. I gain 3.3% popularity and the net income of $4.5 Mil is only just behind what I managed for Foster v Kapur. The stats look like this.

Pop + 3.3%

Crit 69% Com 81%

Gate: £1,226,610

Sponsorship: £41,739

PPV: £3,519,200

Merchandise: £9,569

Fighters: -£124,396

Drug Tests: -£24,000

Production: -£104,797

Total: £4,543,925

In terms of individual performances:

Herringbone looked great in his defence against Watson. He's now at Low National Popularity and +5 momentum so he's really broken through into the ranks of fighters I can rely on to headline.

Nathan Chambers spoiled the party for Manuel Silva, he's now High National popularity and isn't far off breaking through to International. He's also managed to shake off the negative momentum he started the game with. I'm not sure where Silva goes from here though.

Sharp's victory moves him up the rankings, while, at 38, Sampson's loss hurts him badly, he'll probably face a younger prospect next time out in the hope he can put them over.

Kanchelskis fortunately didn't suffer the same fate as Silva and managed to win on his debut. The Middleweight division has a lot of great fighters in it but as one of the few who hasn't previously lost to Matthew Dean he's near the top of the list for a title shot.

Glossop losing was a bit of a surprise, although McInleen is young and has potential. Both these fighters will likely be around for a long time.

Finally Ziegler took advantage of the move to the main card and pulled off the upset on screen. He'll no doubt feature on the main card again soon.

Rest of the World

November and December

ALPHA-1

Noach Van Der Capellen makes his second title defence of the year against Ichisake Miyago at Warriors of the Ring 4. This isn't a card for those who like to see finishes as every fight goes to the judges.

Alpha-1 end the year with Kikuchi v Cabal II. This sees Cabal lose the rematch for the Heavyweight Title by unanimous decision. Fezzik is probably next for Kikuchi but he should probably keep one eye on the man who opened the show as Chuck Dooley picks up his third win on an ALPHA-1 card.

OMEGA

Omega finally manage to match up Wally Bryant and Marvin Stevens for the Super Heavyweight Title. Bryant wins by 8th round KO. Bill Brown takes the Middleweight Title by first round submission against Joey Valdez in the Co-Main.

BCF

BCF finish the year 4th in the rankings thanks to their November PPV, which see Seth O'Breen beat Doug Hansen to retain the Lightweight Title, and their free to air December TV show Best of British 4. This sees longtime champion, Curt Kitson, lose his unbeaten streak and his title to Nick Soldo. Soldo is now both BCF and SIGMA Light Heavyweight Champion.

XCC

XCC finish up with Southall v Siemaszko II. This fight sees Southall defeat Siemaszko to regain his title and avenge his earlier defeat. XCC will surely run Southall v Siemaszko III at some point. Lamont Banner keeps his undefeated streak alive in the Co-Main as he beats Shuler Eigenberg in the first round.

SIGMA

SIGMA continue to struggle after the talent raids and drug suspensions and don't run any shows in the last two months of the year. They drop to 6th in the rankings as a result.

WEFF

WEFF go with Hope Lehane v Alisha Wood . Lehane wins by armbar in the first to continue her run as champion.

FLB

FLB go with Aldez v Villar III. Aldez beats Villar by 4th round KO in a fantastic fight, which wins main event of the year.

KDMFC

KDMFC stay bottom of the rankings, despite putting on the critically acclaimed (82%) Togo v Sastrowardoya. Togo wins by 4th round submission in an action packed card that also saw wins for Yoshiro Makamori, Kenji Akita and Lito Alcala.

2001 - End of Year Review

Awards

Fighter of the Year - Rav Kapur - Kapur beat James Foster to become the first Englishman to hold the GAMMA Heavyweight Title. His win against Boyer earlier in the year also helped boost his status.

Company of the Year - ALPHA-1 - Despite slipping to second place in the company rankings (on the very last day of the year), ALPHA-1 take this award for the third time.

Fight of the Year - Ross Smith v Sammy Newton - This fight was rated as Excellent, with Smith winning by 3rd round submission. With 3 wins Ross had a great year.

Female Fighter of the Year - Veronika Sablikova - Two title defences clinched this award for her for the first time.

Knock Out of the Year - Motoki Hojo dispels the myth that Lightweights can't get KO's with a beauty of a KO over Shizuya Nakae at ALPHA-1's Warriors of the Ring 2.

Show of the Year - ALPHA-1 - Warriors of the Ring 2. Not only featuring the above mentioned KO, this show also featured Kunimichi Kikuchi taking the title from Terron Cabal but also saw Heniji Endo submit Haranobu Oshiro in an excellent fight and Fukusaburu Hirano beat Ikku Funaki by TKO in another Excellent fight. The overall critical rating was 90%

Submission of the Year - Lito Alcala - Alcala won by third round armbar against Tossapol Puangchan in an Excellent fight.

Main Event of the Year - Aldez v Villar III - FLB clinched this award with Aldez's KO victory over Villar.

Rookie of the Year - Lixue Su - Going 3-0 in her first year in MMA this 21 year old Chinese former boxer took this award, she's signed to KDMFC and they must be hoping for big things from her.

Team of the Year - Dragon's Lair win this award for the second time

Upset of the Year - Dominick Oppenheimer v Ron Chuckle. Oppenheimer had the last laugh when he beat Ron Chuckle by unanimous decision.

Worst fight of the Year - Taroemon Abukara v Marty Sinnar - Abukara beat Sinnar in an Awful match on ALPHA-1's first show of the year. Luckily it was on the prelims so only those in attendance saw this monstrosity.

GAMMA

Overall I've been very pleased with the way the year has progressed, we finished as the number 1 company in the world (our final event of the year put us ahead of ALPHA-1) and it's been a year of constant improvement. The only real low point was Battle Lines 5, although even that show increased my popularity and had some good points.

Super Heavyweights

This division continues to cause issues, the champion isn't popular enough to headline and neither is anyone else. I took the decision not to bring in veteran fighters like Marvin Stevens, but instead to slowly work on improving the division by bringing in talent and offering them constant fights. It's slowly paying off but there is a long way to go.

Heavyweight

Kapur won the belt but it was incredibly close and Foster is getting a rematch. This was fortunate as I need a bit of time to build some new challengers. Oktay has a great record but isn't popular in this region while Boyer, Lopes and Hughes are all coming off a loss. Roy has a decent record and is ranked 6th and is likely to be Oktay's next opponent. I'll continue to build Satinho and Sharp could earn a shot with a couple more wins. Outside of that I don't have a lot else going on and I need to feature the lower ranked fighters more often.

Light Heavyweight

Herringbone has done a great job as champion so far, defending the title twice and improving his popularity to a decent level. Marlon John, Zvonmir Asonovic and Junior Parinkin given me a number of popular fighters on winning streaks while I have plenty of others I'd like to push (Van Der Moot, Morales and Bogdonovich). I have no worries about this division for at least the next 12 months.

Middleweight

Matthew Dean continues to rule this division but there are plenty of challengers lining up. Napier has already faced him but it was a while ago and Thomas has also done enough to earn a shot. Fontes is yet to make his debut but will hopefully impress and Kanchelskis is currently unbeaten in 15. There is also talent like Adam White, Ashley Ballard, Tora Mizwar and Stuart Strange further down the rankings. This is a strong division.

Welterweight

Regueiro v Brubaker III will finally settle it between these two, whoever wins the belt has some big challengers lined up though. Nathan Chambers is the obvious choice while Rufus Stephens and Josh Aldarisio are also waiting in the wings. Will Kane is set to make his debut soon and people like Manuel Silva and Gabriel Gallego are still dangerous. Finally we have the ominous sight of former champ, Yevgeni Sipatov slowly working his way back up the rankings.

Lightweight

Outside of Super Heavyweight this is my most troubling division. Morrison is a great champ but I have a real lack of challengers. Atep of Indonesia's ban was a real blow as it's put him out of the title picture for at least a year, while also ruining Keane's momentum. Luis Basora is the only real credible challenger remaining, and he's on -1 momentum and hardly known in the States.

Goals for the 2002

There are several goals for 2002 and I'll be judging my success against them. These are:

1) Remain number 1 in the world - This is obviously the ultimate goal, however I'm in this for the long haul and I won't be too concerned if I slip to number 2, provided I achieve my other targets

2) Move to a monthly PPV schedule - I won't do this straight away but I'll be looking to move to a monthly schedule before the year is out. A lot of the lower card fighters aren't getting enough action at the moment, which is making it difficult to create new stars.

3) Improve the Super Heavyweight and Lightweight Dvisions - If I'm going to move to a monthly schedule I need plenty of headliners. Part of this is ensuring I have popular champions and a steady flow of challengers. Improving these two divisions is the starting point.

4) Book less far in advance - This will naturally arise from going to a monthly schedule, in WMMA 3 I always used to book 3 shows in advance, doing this here has meant booking 6 months in advance, meaning there are people who could be fighting more often who aren't because they've not recovered by the time I'm booking a show six months away. It's good to have your main events sorted out but the rest can be booked closer to the time.

5) Get a new PPV deal - As part of the move to monthly PPVs I want a new deal, ideally one which gives me coverage elsewhere in the world.

6) Start preparing for a Featherweight Division - I'm not bringing in a Featherweight Division yet but I need to start looking at bringing in some fighters who can compete at Lightweight but move down to Featherweight when I do. This may mean making some aggressive talent raids on XCC.

7) Run a reality TV show, I've not tried this yet but I want to give it a go. I may run a Lightweight one to try and boost the division.

Jan 2002 - Rankings

As it's a new year I thought I would publish the world rankings to give everyone an idea of what's happening.

P4P

1) Carlos da Guia (20-0) - ALPHA-1

2) Matthew Dean (37-5) - GAMMA

3) Sukarno (29-0) - ALPHA-1

4) Tomohiro Takeuchi (21-2) - KDMFC

5) Noach Van Der Capellen (29-3) - ALPHA-1

6) Zvonmir Asoanovic (32-3) - GAMMA

7) Fjodor Kanchelskis (15-0) - GAMMA

8) Roberto Aldez (47-11) - FLB

9) Kunimichi Kikuchi (31-3) - ALPHA-1

10) Niko Soldo (19-2-1) BCF & SIGMA

ALPHA-1 edge it with both the number 1 fighter and the most in the top 10. Takeuchi is a Featherweight and KDMFC can probably keep hold of him until either me or ALPHA-1 start up our Featherweights. Aldez is 37 so he'll probably see out his career at FLB, while Soldo is 33 and probably not worth hiring.

Super Heavyweight

1) Palmer Lette (24-5-2NC) - ALPHA-1

2) Hanley Polter (7-0) - GAMMA

3) Taroemon Abukara (10-0) - GAMMA

4) Gary Sampson (19-7) - GAMMA

5) Zsolt Hargitay (10-0) - GAMMA

6) Ali Shivari (11-0) - ALPHA-1

7) Efren Luat (8-0) - GAMMA

8) Frank Paul (10-0) - GAMMA

9) Noddy Pascow (8-0) - GAMMA

10) Graham Goodbody (21-10) - Unemployed

11) Tomoji Takaoka (6-1) - ALPHA-1

Although ALPHA-1 have the number 1 SHW they don't have much else, mainly because I've targeted their division and ruined it. Sampson is now fighting at Heavyweight, which is why I've included Takaoka at 11. Goodbody has no name value outside of the UK and at 41 isn't going to get snapped up by me or ALPHA-1. Hopefully he'll retire soon.

Heavyweight

1) Kunimichi Kikuchi (31-3) - ALPHA-1

2) Rav Kapur (12-0) - GAMMA

3) Hassan Fezzik (29-1) - ALPHA-1

4) Ari Peltonen (30-8) - ALPHA-1

5) Lefter Oktay (16-0) - GAMMA

6) James Foster (35-5-1) - ALPHA-1

7) Mason Archer (22-6) - ALPHA-1

8) Terron Cabal (17-2) - ALPHA-1

9) Armen Sarkisian (26-4) - ALPHA-1

10) Tom Boyer (26-5-2) - GAMMA

There is no doubt that ALPHA-1 have the best crop of Heavyweights in the world. Kikuchi deserves top spot after two wins over Cabal, however his two losses to Fezzik cast some doubt over who the real number one is. Hopefully they'll face off soon to settle it. I've already highlighted this as a division that needs improving and this list reinforces that.

Light Heavyweight

1) Lawrence Herringbone (18-1) - GAMMA

2) Tadamasa Yamada (24-3) - ALPHA-1

3) Zvonmir Asanovic (32-3) - GAMMA

4) Roberto Aldez (47-11) FLB

5) Nick Soldo (19-2-1) - BCF & SIGMA

6) Marlon John (14-1) - GAMMA

7) Junior Patinkin (17-2) - GAMMA

8) Spencer Rubenstein (16-6) GAMMA

9) Jin Katou (20-2) - ALPHA-1

10) Aleksei Chekhov (23-4) - GAMMA

Herringbone stole top spot with his win over Watson. I have several fighters in the top 10 and all of the ones I don't have are over 30. ALPHA-1 need to look at creating some new stars fast. They've already put on Yamada v Katou 4 times (though only once in game) and although it's 2-2 a 5th fight is surely the absolute last time these two can face each other.

Middleweight

1) Matthew Dean (37-5) - GAMMA

2) Carlos da Guia (20-0) - ALPHA-1

3) Fjodor Kanchelskis (15-0) - GAMMA

4) Joaquim Fontes (26-3) - GAMMA

5) Neil Napier (19-1) - GAMMA

6) Patrick Thomas (20-4) - GAMMA

7) Braulio Moura (24-3-1NC) - GAMMA

8) Heiji Endo (16-2) - ALPHA-1

9) JJ Reid (27-6) - GAMMA

10) Thais Antonio Taffarel (21-3) - FLB

I also ruled the roost at Middleweight. I've brought in a few big names, mainly driven by my need to find fresh opponents for Dean. I don't need to carry out any more recruitment here, although obviously if Da Guia became available I'd be very keen.

Welterweight

1) Noach Van Der Capellen (29-3) - ALPHA-1

2) Julio Regueiro (24-1) - GAMMA

3) Carlos da Guia (20-0) - ALPHA-1

4) Will Kane (19-3) - GAMMA

5) Manuel Silva (18-1) - GAMMA

6) Fukusaburu Hirano (16-1-1) - ALPHA-1

7) Nathan Chambers (19-3) - GAMMA

8) Simon Vine (26-8) - ALPHA-1

9) Ichisake Miyagi (26-5) - ALPHA-1

10) Rufus Stephens (19-3) - GAMMA

11) Josh Aldarisio (17-1) - GAMMA

Da Guia shouldn't really be here so, like Spinal Tap, I've gone to 11. This division is pretty evenly split between me and ALPHA-1. Although I notice than Vine is available and put in a bid. Brubaker is rated number 12, something that will obviously change if he can beat Regueiro.

Lightweight

1) Sukarno (29-0) - ALPHA-1

2) Sean Morrison (31-4) - GAMMA

3) Fiyero Lermontov (15-0) SIGMA

4) Atep of Indonesia (13-1-1 NC) - GAMMA

5) Helio (18-1) - FLB

6) Seth O'Breen (17-1) - BCF

7) Jake Keane (26-4-1 NC) - GAMMA

8) Brandon Sugar (28-5) - GAMMA

9) Go Yamamoto (28-10) - ALPHA-1

10) Luis Basora (22-5) - GAMMA

Sukarno is without a doubt the best Lightweight in the world, Morrison just doesn't have the quality of opponent to claim that spot. Lermontov is very tempting, although he doesn't have any name value he is high quality. At 31 he needs to move to the big time soon and I put in a bid. Helio is another tempting one, especially at 26, but he already has a fight lined up against Branco so I don't put a bid in.

Featherweight

1) Tomohiro Takeuchi (21-2) - KBMFC

2) Snorri Gunnarsson (24-4-2 NC) - SIGMA

3) Lars Bohlin (51-7) - SIGMA

4) Luiz Machado (26-4) - OMEGA, XCC

5) Li-Kong Ho (21-2) KDM FC

6) Philip Ziskie (21-2-2) - OMEGA, XCC

7) Norberto (31-5) KDM FC

8) Kenji Akita (15-2) - KDM FC

9) Masahiro Maeno (20-5) - KDM FC

10) Sammy Gaffigan (14-3) XCC

As neither ALPHA-1 or GAMMA run a Featherweight division this is a chance for other companies to shine. SIGMA look well placed, until you remember that Gunnarsson is suspended for drugs and Bohlin is in jail. As such you have to say KDM FC rule this division. Especially as OMEGA and XCC share most of their fighters.

Bantamweight

1) Willy Bassett (20-2) - XCC

2) Kanji Togo (18-5) - KDM FC

3) D'Arcy Spode (11-0) - XCC

4) Roddy Wickham (11-2) - XCC

5) Ollie Rockmetteller (9-0) - XCC

As I don't run Bantamweights and don't intend to in the near future I'm only going to list the top 5, I'll do the same for the women. XCC have this sewn up, no doubt boosted by the fact OMEGA don't run Bantamweights.

P4P - Female

1) Veronika Sabilkova (9-0) - KDM FC

2) Hope Lehane (8-0) - WEFF

3) Hester Maclean (11-1) - WEFF

4) Daniela Sadorra (7-0) - WEFF

5) Helen Fox (9-0) - WEFF

Although KDM FC have the number one woman in the world, the rest all belong to WEFF, something you would expect given that they focus only on women. Although Sablikova is unbeaten you have to wonder at the quality of the opponents.

Lightweight - Female

1) Zuri Landry (3-0) - Unemployed

Poor Landry, generated by the computer in January she lives a lonely life as the only female Lighweight in the game. She spends her time beating up local fighters on the Canadian circuit.

Featherweight - Female

1) Veronika Sablikova (9-0) - KDM FC

2) Hope Lehane (8-0) - WEFF

3) Yutsuko Sasaki (9-1) - KDM FC

4) Hanako Shimizu (11-1) - KDM FC

5) Piper Evergood (9-1) - WEFF

Sablikova has already beaten both Sasaki and Shimizu so I'm not sure what's for her next. Lehane will probably face the winner of Evergood v Cameron, a fight already booked for January.

Bantamweight - Female

1) Hester Maclean (11-1) - WEFF

2) Pamela O'Neill (12-1) - WEFF

3) Helen Fox (9-0) - WEFF

4) Olivia Sweet (11-2) - WEFF

5) Kit Sakamoto (7-2) - KDM FC

It's almost a clean sweep for WEFF with Kit Sakamoto sneaking in to spoil the party.

Flyweight - Female

1) Daniela Sadorra (7-0) - WEFF

2) Karen Curtis (9-1) - WEFF

3) KAtherine Williams (8-0) - WEFF

4) Nina Belle (9-1) - WEFF

5) Natasha Mellow (7-1) - Unemployed

WEFF dominate these rankings, but then they are the only company in the game to run this division. Natasha Mellow must be hoping that she'll get a contract soon if she keeps winning on the local circuit.

GAMMA 46: Regueiro v Brubaker III

I announce my first PPV for 2002, and the main event is going to be the decider between Julio Regueiro and Bobby Brubaker

Julio Regueiro (24-1) v Bobby Brubaker (14-4) - Welterweight Title

Regueiro is the current Welterweight champion but he was lucky to take it from Brubaker last time out. Brubker was on top until a cut in the 5th cost him the match and his title. This will be the bout that decides the trilogy. It's only rated as a Decent main event, due to the fact that Brubaker has no momentum and only Regional popularity, so I'll need to look for a good Co-Main.

Zvonmir Asanovic (32-3) v Junior Patinkin (17-2) - Light Heavyweight

And this is it, rated as a Great main event this match will see the GAMMA debut of one of the best Light Heavyweights in the world. Asanovic is Nationally known and in great form. He never won the gold at ALPHA-1 and he is looking to rectify that in GAMMA, starting with a win here. It won't be easy though as Patinkin is an accomplished wrestler who is looking for one last shot at the gold himself.

Raul Hughes (16-4) v Tank Manu'a (18-7) - Heavyweight

Too well known veterans, who are both in terrible form. Both desperately need a win, but Hughes is far more useful to me, being Nationally known so I'll be rooting for him. Manu'a may well get the sack if he loses this one.

Aleksei Chekhov (23-4) v Spencer Rubenstein (16-6) - Light Heavyweight

After losing two in a row to Herringbone, Rubenstein is a long way from the title. However he's still a big name with great striking skills. Chekhov is barely known in the states and his GAMMA debut was a bit of a dud. Here he gets a chance to go toe to toe and try to impress. I'm mainly hoping for an exciting fight here as whoever wins they won't be getting a title shot any time soon. This bout is a prelim headliner or possibly just making it onto the main show. Given the main events I have I'm not too worried about the popularity of the lower card so that's just fine.

Dexter Darling (19-5-1) v Joaquim Fontes (26-3) - Welterweight

Darling is another fighter who is past his best but who still has name value. Fontes is making his GAMMA debut and needs someone he can impress against and opponent with name value, the perfect match. Ideally Fontes will smash Darling for a big popularity boost but if Darling wins then it's not the end of the world as he could make for a credible gatekeeper.

Tyler Lass (9-1) v Alan Kendall (15-4) - Welterweight

Both these fighters have been a little lost in the shuffle as I'd not been able to get a suitable opponent for them. Both are coming off wins (Lass beat Henson at GAMMA 41, while Kendall's is pre-game) and if one of them can get onto a streak they could prove useful, as both are good all rounders who can provide anyone with a test.

Prelims

Damien Jones (7-0) v Nate MacReary (7-0) - Heavyweight

Two big hard hitting heavyweights who need to get onto the main show as soon as possible. MacReary needs to impress after a poor showing last time out against Fiderer, while Jones, at 33, may not get another chance if he blows this one.

Kendall Tracey (10-2) v Toby Sorkin (9-0) - Light Heavyweight

Another prelim where I'm looking to prepare someone for the main show to boost the roster ahead of my anticipated increased schedule. Tracey is a good all rounder and should prove a stern test for Sorkin, who struggled in his debut against Christian Mountfield.

Clifton Curry (6-0) v H M Menzel (14-6) - Lightweight

Menzel is a GAMMA veteran but is on a losing streak and needs to turn it around, he gets a good chance to do so here against Clifton Curry. Curry isn't a great fighter but he pulled out a surprise win last time out and a second prelim win could see him promoted to the main card. My money is on Menzel though.

Jon Silvers (10-2) v Christian Mountfield (13-7) - Light Heavyweight

Both these fighters are coming off a loss so this is an opportunity for one of them to turn it around. A win here though isn't going to see you on the main card next time out but it is a step in the right direction.

Looking at my roster I decide that if I'm going to switch to monthly events in the near future I'm going to need to get a few more people ready for TV. I therefore increase my usual number of 4 prelims to 6. I'll do this for the next few months to try and sort out a few losing streaks and boost a few lower card guys.

Osser Mallaby (3-3) v Matas Fialkowska (3-0) - Super Heavyweight

Mallaby is coming off a defeat and has really poor skills. Fialkowska is a bit of an unknown but he looks like he should easily be able to dispatch Mallaby. This fight should be Mallaby's last in GAMMA and should boost Fialkowska from unknown to low regional.

Osmosis Benn (18-2) v Carl Ratcliffe (22-6) - Middleweight

Benn needs to break this losing streak if he wants to be a useful part of the roster, Ratcliffe is also on a losing streak so whatever happens here I should be better off when it ends as one of them will be bouncing back up while the other one will be out the door. I hope Benn wins as he has great talent and is only 29, but if Ratcliffe picks up the W then I'm going to be brutal.

Overall I'm pleased with how this card has turned out. It finishes off a trilogy, which will give a chance for a new challenger and it provides for a couple of debuts of fighters I want to start pushing. The rest of the card is really about sorting the wheat from the chaff and getting a few people back to winning ways. The Main and Co-Main are the only fights people really care about and I'll be in trouble if I get any injuries but provided everyone stays fit this should be a popular card.

GAMMA 47: Dean v Thomas

Matthew Dean (37-5) v Patrick Thomas (20-4) - Middleweight Title

Thomas has earned his title shot, KOing Stuart Strange and Ashley Ballard to get here. While Napier, Kanchelskis and Fontes are all higher in the rankings. Napier has lost to Dean before and Kanchelskis and Fontes don't have much in the way of name value. Thomas is the obvious choice. He'll be relying on his takedown defence and big right hand to beat Dean and, although Dean is favorite, he has a shot.

This is rated as a superb main event so I can essentially use it to carry the whole show, meaning I can use the rest of it to boost some less popular fighters. The problem with this strategy is that if something happens to one of these fighters I'm in all sorts of trouble.

Co-Main

JJ Reid (27-6) v Fjodor Kanchelskis (15-0) - Middleweight

There are two reasons for putting this fight on, the first is a real life reason, hopefully this will showcase Kanchelskis just before the title fight, hyping up any possible future fight against Dean or Thomas. In game terms it's my insurance against injury. By having these two on the card they'll be in camp and if Thomas gets injured one of them can step up. It's a strong main event on it's own anyway so if I don't get any injuries it will help sell the PPV.

Tim Boyer (26-5-2) v Gladstone Lopes (15-1-1) - Heavyweight

Both these guys are ex-title challengers but due to a combination of poor momentum and Lopes' low name value this only rates as suitable for the prelims. Boyer is 36 and I hope he'll pass on some of his popularity before he retires. It'll either be here to Lopes or against the next person he faces if he wins.

Luke Hilton (11-2) v Truck Gleeson (25-7-1 NC) - Lightweight

Two more ex-challengers who only rate as a prelim bout. If I'm going to strengthen my Lightweight division then I need some of the established fighters to start picking up wins. This guarantees that one of them will, while the other will likely be off to the prelims.

Ricky Heath (16-5) v Rafael Van Der Moot (13-1) - Light Heavyweight

Heath is a decent kick boxer but nowhere near the class of Van Der Moot. I'm hoping for a spectacular debut knock out from the Dutchman. This is yet another fight that only rates as a prelim match up, I don't think it will matter as it should get a decent rating for excitement.

Zsolt Hargitay (10-0) v Frank Paul (10-0) - Super Heavyweight

Two fighters with perfect records face off, the winner will likely get a title shot. Again this is another fight best suited to the prelims, just wait until you see the rubbish I'm actually serving up there.

Prelims

Joel Adams (23-12) v Bud Brockett (10-3) - Lightweight

41 year old Joel Adams makes his GAMMA debut, both fighters are coming off a win and I'm confident that Brockett should be able to turn that into a winning streak here. If Adams wins then I might well put him on the main show next time, it will be a story as the local scene veteran finally gets his shot at the big time.

Randolph Gilliver (5-3) v Benoit LeVoir (5-3) - Super Heavyweight

Neither of these two are much use to me at the moment with their poor records, low popularity and losing streaks. This fight is purely here to try and turn one of them into a partially useful jobber.

Leon Banks (32-14) v Zair Williams (1-3) - Heavyweight

Banks is well past his best but he could still usefully put someone over on the main show if he can pick up a couple of wins. And if he can't beat Williams then it's probably best to let him go as he probably can't beat anyone.

Tora Mizwar (22-8) v Barrett Fforde (7-4) - Middleweight

Mizwar lost to JJ Reid last time out but this should be a much easier fight. I'm looking to turn him into a useful mid carder with a couple of wins on the undercard and I'm hopeful it will start here.

Isaiah Monroe (8-0) v Keith Plaice (17-6) - Middleweight

The prelims can't just be about preparing jobbers for the future, I actually need to try and push some potential main eventers too. Monroe had his last bout cancelled due to injury and has been lost in the shuffle a little since then. Plaice is his ideal opponent, it should be a comfortable win for Thump but if he loses, well at least he lost to someone on a winning streak with a bit of name value that I can use against someone else.

Another bout where I'm pitting two fighters on winning streaks against each other. I like to think Rhodes can win this one to stay unbeaten but it's not the end of the world if Richardson wins.

I'm a little nervous about this card. Frankly there are only two fights on it anyone cares about (although I think Boyer v Lopes and Hilton v Gleeson have been rated a little harshly) so if something happens to them then I'm in trouble. However there are a number of fights I care about and it should go a long way towards building up quite a few fighters.

GAMMA 46: Regueiro v Brubaker III

Again there have been a few injuries in the build up to this card, Tank Manu'a is out for 4 months with a head injury. Wilson Franklyn steps in, the 29 year old brawler but away Leon Banks on the prelims last time out and if he can beat Hughes he'll have really arrived. The bookies make him favourite to win.

Much more serious is an injury to Joaquim Fontes. He picks up a major leg injury which puts him out for 2 years! At 31 that might well be career over. Thomas Smith takes his place on the card, Smith already has wins over Adam White and Alex Cole and a win over a veteran like Darling could see him really jump up the rankings.

Prelims

Osmosis Benn (18-2) v Carl Ratcliffe (22-6) - Middleweight

This fight was set up to put Benn back to winning ways and he takes advantage. He puts Ratcliffe down early in all three rounds and beats him up on the floor. Unfortunately he breaks his hand at the start of the second which seems to put a stop to any thoughts of finishing it but over all a comfortable win.

Osmosis Benn defeats Carl Ratcliffe (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as decent

Osser Mallaby (3-3) v Matas Fialkowska (3-0) - Super Heavyweight

Mallaby gets the early takedown in the first and although Fialkowska defends well the round definitely goes to Mallaby. Fialkowska has a better second round, blocking the trip takedown and just edging the striking. We go into the 3rd at one round a piece, not willing to leave it to the judges Fialkowska lands a big right and follows up with the ground and pound to put Mallaby away.

Matas Fialkowska defeats Osser Mallaby (Knock Out (Punch) in 0:33 of round 3). The match was rated as being Good

Jon Silvers (10-2) v Christian Mountfield (13-7) - Light Heavyweight

Silvers has a good height advantage put he can't make it count as Mountfield eats the weak jabs he throws out and gets in close. He pushes Silver up against the cage and lands some short punches. He does the same in the second and third, and throws in a belly to belly in the third to seal it. I give all 3 rounds to Mountfield. The judges score it 30-27 Mountfield, 28-29 Silvers (What was he watching), 29-28 Mountfield. Justice is done despite some dodgy judging from one of the panel.

Christian Mountfield defeats Jon Silvers (Split Decision). The match was rated as Decent

Clifton Curry (6-0) v H M Menzel (14-6) - Lightweight

Menzel is two quick and two elusive for Curry, over 3 rounds he lands 52 strikes to Curry's 6. Curry can never get near enough to try and work the clinch and it's an easy, if unspectacular, win for Menzel.

Result: H M Menzel defeats Clifton Curry (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Decent

Kendall Tracey (10-2) v Toby Sorkin (9-0) - Light Heavyweight

Sorkin's judo is too much for Tracey, he lands 4 hip throws over the course of the fight and although he can't finish it on the ground he picks up a comfortable win. It's a better performance than last time from Sorkin but it would have been nice if he had got a finish.

Result: Toby Sorkin defeats Kendall Tracey (Unanimous Decsion). The match was rated as Decent

Damien Jones (7-0) v Nate MacReary (7-0) - Heavyweight

MacReary gets a single leg takedown at the start of the first, he transitions to mount and gets an arm triangle. It's all over. Much better from MacReary, he looks ready for the big time.

Result: Nate MacReary defeats Damien Jones (Submission (Arm Triangle) in 2:36 of round 1. The match was rated as Great

Main Show

Tyler Lass (9-1) v Alan Kendall (15-4 - Welterweight

This is a fast paced stand up battle with both fighters mixing it up throwing a variety of kicks and punches. The first two rounds are score one a piece and they both go all out in the third. Kendall just edges it to take the round and the match.

Result: Alan Kendall defeats Tyler Lass (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Great

Thomas Smith (17-3) v Dexter Darling (19-5-1) - Middleweight

Smith is on the front foot through out the fight and he takes Darling down on a number of occasions. Darling scrambles well and manages to get back to his feet each time but can't stay there. He does however get the better of the striking and this one is close. The judges call it 29-28, 28-29, 29-28 in favour of Thomas Smith.

Result: Thomas Smith defeats Dexter Darling (Split Decision). The match was rated as being Good

Aleksei Chekhov (23-4) v Spencer Rubenstein (16-6) - Light Heavyweight

Chekhov comes out all guns blazing, he's trying spinning backfists, round house kicks, the works. Rubenstein calmly deals with them and moves into the clinch where he starts to work Chekhov over. All three rounds follow the same pattern, Chekhov just doesn't know how to deal with Rubenstein's wrestling.

Result: Spencer Rubenstein defeats Aleksei Chekhov (Unanimous Decsion). The match was rated as Good

Raul Hughes (16-4) v Wilson Franklyn (10-1) - Heavyweight

The matches so far have been exciting but all have gone to the judges score card, I don't expect that to be the case here. Franklyn is an intimidating presence across the cage, he's a lot bigger than Hughes and he comes out throwing haymakers. Hughes however is far more skillful and he beats Franklyn to the punch every time. He slips a wild swing and puts Franklyn down with a right hook before finishing him on the deck.

Result: Raul Hughes defeats Wilson Franklyn (TKO (Strikes) in 1:32 of round 1). The match was rated as Good

Co-Main Event

Zvonmir Asanovic (32-3) v Junior Patinkin (17-2) - Light Heavyweight

Asanovic suffers a very similar fate to Chekhov earlier in the night, these European fighters just don't seem to know how to deal with the American's clinch game. Patinkin smothers Asanovic landing more than twice as many punches and also scoring a trip takedown in the second. One of the judges somehow gives the fight to Asanovic (the same judge who got it wrong in the Mountfield v Silvers fight earlier) but Patinkin takes a deserved win.

Result: Junior Patinkin defeats Zvonmir Asanovic (Split Decision). The match was rated as Decent

Main Event

Julio Regueiro (24-1) v Bobby Brubaker (14-4) - Welterweight Title

Last time out Brubaker was able to negate Regueiro's ground game by stopping the takedowns, allowing him to impose his superior striking. Regueiro is determined not to let the same happen again and he lands 4 out of 6 takedowns over the course of the fight. Once he gets it to the ground he is relentless, going for submission after submission. Brubaker defends well until the 4th when he gets caught in an arm triangle. A success rate of 1 in 13 might not look great but when that 1 ends the fight it's good enough. Regueiro defends his title and is finally able to put Brubaker behind him.

Result: Julio Regueiro defeats Bobby Brubaker (Submission (Arm Triangle) in 4:49 of round 4). The match was rated as Good

Post Show Analysis

Pop +2.7%

Crit 70% Com 70%

Gate: £1,112,905

Sponsorship: £44,378

PPV: £3,095,200

Merchandise: £9,232

Fighters: -£304,119

Drug Tests: -£28,800

Production: -£110,338

Total: £3,818,458

It's another decent popularity boost and another decent profit. Costs are a little higher than last time out, partly due to the extra fights and partly due to Asanovic's large contract.

In terms of results. The prelims went well, Benn is still underwhelming and Sorkin isn't able to finish an opponent but MacReary and Menzel did well. Fialkowska and Mountfield are probably not ready for the main card yet but they took a step in the right direction.

Kendall v Lass was fight of the night, Kendall is now a credible opponent in the Welterweight Division but at 33 he's probably only a gatekeeper. Lass did well and may retain a main card spot, depending on the available opponents.

Smith continued to impress, that's three wins in a row for him and he's only 0.6% off going to National Name Value. He;s definitely performed above expectations.

Rubenstein got back to winning ways, however he's very unlikely to get another title shot while Herringbone is champion. I'll need to try and use him to put someone else over. Chekhov has struggled against wrestlers in both his matches and I'll look to put him in against a striker next time out.

Hughes showed up Franklyn's lack of skills and showed that even at 37 he isn't finished.

Asanovic was the big disappointment of the night, on the bright side it's a great win for Patinkin and makes him a potential title challenger. The fact that a GAMMA veteran so easily beat one of ALPHA-1's big names also helps show why we are the number 1 promotion in the world.

Finally the main event went pretty much according to plan. The series ended decisively and the more popular fighter won it, making my future main event plans much easier. Brubaker finds himself well down the rankings but I already have plans for him (hint, I'm looking at doing a reality show soon).

GAMMA News

Post show I go on a bit of a signing spree, both Lermontov and Helio's contracts expire and I snap them up, suddenly the Lightweight Division is looking a lot stronger. I also steal Ross Smith from XCC. Smith is 4-0 since the game began and won fight of the year last year for his match with Sammy Newton. He's high regional name value in the US and another good addition to the Lightweights.

Omega fall back to mid regional popularity. I take the opportunity to make matters worse for them by stealing their Heavyweight Champion Sam Hoynes. Hoynes has just beaten Twinge for the title and this loss will hurt them.

Finally I snap up Gideon Navarro (8-0) and Ozzy Bintley (5-0) from the independent scene.

My PPV contract is running out with GAMMA 47 being my last one with USA Free Choice. I sign a new deal with North America Prime Select, not only does this give me coverage in Canada and Mexico but it gives me a reason to move to the monthly PPVs as part of the new deal. I also extend my contract with C.A.N.N. for TV shows, although I'm not quite sure where I'm going to fit those in.

The Rest of the World

ALPHA-1

ALPHA-1 suffer a blow when their first PPV of the year loses it's main event due to an injury to Palmer Lette. Luckily the Co-Main of Fezzik v Peltonen is more than adequate and sees Fezzik pick up a unanimous decision.

They sign a deal with Emperor Choice and it will be interesting to see how that impacts on their schedule going forward.

OMEGA

OMEGA run Gonazelz v Romero for the vacant Welterweight Title. Gonzalez wins by TKO. In the Co-Main Sam Hoynes takes the Heavyweight Title from Sly Twinge. Despite this double title show OMEGA fall back to Mid Regional and I compound a bad month for them by stealing Hoynes.

XCC

Willy Bassett continues to dominate the Bantamweight division with a title defence against D'Arcy Spode. The Co-Main sees Ross Smith beat Kyle Sagal by submission in his last fight for the organisation.

BCF

BCF go with Rob Baines v Henning Olsen for the Middleweight Title, Baines successfully defends by first round submission. The Co-Main sees Ginger Newton stake a claim to be the next challenger with a submission victory over veteran Andrew Rush.

FLB

FLB rise a place in the rankings thanks to Helio v Branco III. Helio wins by 2nd round KO, and promptly leaves for the bright lights and bigger paychecks of GAMMA. FLB have some good momentum going and this will hurt them.

On the plus side they extend their TV deal with Televisao Esporte.

SIGMA

SIGMA run two shows but continue to struggle. They desperately need a TV deal. Mickiewicz defeats Morozov in January, while Jankovic takes the Welterweight Title from Kenneth Toadspew in February. At 27 Jankovic is one to watch.

They also quietly allow Lars Bohlin's contract to expire. With 6 months left on his jail term it's not surprising they want to disassociate themselves from him. It will be interesting to see what happens when he gets released.

WEFF

WEFF go with King of Kings 2. An odd choice for a TV show given that it is an exclusively female based promotion. Pamela O'Neill defeats Michelle Adams for the second time in the main event.

KDM FC

KDM FC go with Farag v Huat for the Lightweight Title. It's very close with champions advantage going to Farag as he picks up the split decision.

GAMMA 47: Dean v Thomas

This is the last PPV on my contract with USA Free Choice and the last of my two monthly PPV's, starting in May I'll be shown in Mexico and Canada as well as the USA and I'll be under pressure to produce a main event every month.

No injuries leading up to this one so the card is the same as announced.

Prelims

Richardson come out looking for the takedown, he gets it on the 4th attempt and looks for the submission, Rhodes defends well and the round ends. Round 2 against sees Richardson repeatedly go for the takedown, but Rhodes defends well and takes the round with his superior striking. Round 3 sees Richardson get the early takedown, again he looks for the submission but can't get it, he's probably done enough to take it on the judges score cards though.

Result: Cooper Richardson defeats Delroy Rhodes (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Good

Isaiah Monroe (8-0) v Keith Plaice (17-6) - Middleweight

We've already seen one unbeaten record go tonight, here's hoping this fight doesn't make it two.

No chance of that, Monroe gets the takedown and transitions to mount, from there it's only a matter of time.

Result: Isaiah Monroe defeats Keith Plaice (Knock Out (Punch) in 2:39 of round 1. The match was rated as Great

Tora Mizwar (22-8) v Barrett Fforde (7-4) - Middleweight

Mizwar is a big favourite coming in (-1200 on the betting lines) and he shows why, landing an immediate take down. Fforde scrambles to his feet but Mizwar takes him down again, this time he isn't getting away and Mizwar chokes him out. Mizwar calls out JJ Reid after the bout, obviously keen for revenge.

Result: Tora Mizwar defeats Barrett Fforde (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 3:24 of round 1). The match was rated as Great

Leon Banks (32-14) v Zair Williams (1-3) - Heavyweight

Williams contract is about to expire so a win for him here would be unfortunate. Banks makes hard work of it, but finally finds his range in the second when he puts Williams down then out.

Result: Leon Banks defeats Zair Williams (Knock Out (Punch) in 3:16 of round 2). The match was rated as Great

Randolph Gilliver (5-3) v Benoit LeVoir (5-3) - Super Heavyweight

LeVoir takes the first round, after blocking the takedown attempt by grabbing the cage. Gilliver goes for the takedown again in the second and this time he gets it. From there it's a short journey to victory via Rear Naked Choke.

Result: Randolph Gilliver defeats Benoit LeVoir (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 3:18 of round 2. The match was rated as Fantastic)

Joel Adams (23-12) v Bud Brockett (10-3) - Lightweight

Brockett wastes no time here as he trips Adams, takes his back and chokes him out. RNC seem to be the theme for tonight.

Result: Bud Brockett defeats Joel Adams (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 1:19 of round 1). The match was rated as Good

Main Card

Zsolt Hargitay (10-0) v Frank Paul (10-0) - Super Heavyweight

The crowd are really fired up after a great set of prelims, Hargitay and Paul can't keep it going though as their match sees a lot of time spent in the clinch. Paul gets a couple of takedowns and transitions to mount twice, however he loses position twice when looking for the sub and round 2 and 3 both end with Hargitay on top. It's enough to give him the win on the judges score cards.

Result: Zsolt Hargitay defeats Frank Paul (Unanimous Decision). The match was rated as Decent

Ricky Heath (16-5) v Rafael Van Der Moot (13-1) - Light Heavyweight

Van Der Moot wastes no time here, unleashing several big punches, a head kick puts Heath down and Van Der Moot swiftly finishes it. Impressive debut.

Result: Rafael Van Der Moot defeats Ricky Heath (TKO (Strikes) in 1:14 of round 1). The match was rated as Good

Luke Hilton (11-2) v Truck Gleeson (25-7) - Lightweight

Gleeson gets the better of the striking in round 1, landing several hard kicks. Hilton shoots in for the takedown and transitions to mount. He rocks Gleeson who rolls onto his front. Hilton lands several more hard shots but the round ends before he can finish him. Round 2 again sees Gleeson unleashing all sorts of strikes, including two nasty roundhouse kicks to the body. It's Hilton however who has the last laugh as he lands a wicked right uppercut which see Gleeson out cold before he hits the mat.

Result: Luke Hilton defeats Truck Gleeson (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:02 of round 2). The match was rated as Fantastic

Tim Boyer (26-5-2) v Gladstone Lopes (15-1-1) - Heavyweight

The fighters stand and trade in the centre of the cage, Boyer is known for his striking but perhaps at 36 he doesn't have the reactions any more. Lopes lands a big uppercut which puts Boyer down. Lopes jumps on him and after he lands 12 power strikes from mount the ref stops it. He probably should have stepped in a little earlier there.

Lopes calls out Hughes after the fight, that's a match I could definitely see happening.

Result: Gladstone Lopes defeats Tim Boyer (Knock Out (Punch) in 1:48 of round 1). The match was rated as Good

Co-Main Event

JJ Reid (27-6) v Fjodor Kanchelskis (15-0) - Middleweight

The fighters spend the whole first round standing, Kanchelskis is obviously worried about Reid's ground game. There are a lot of strikes thrown, but it's sloppy and not many connect. Reid just about takes it. Round 2 follows a similar pattern, but this time it's Kanchelskis with the upper hand. He seals the round with a right hook that floors Reid right on the buzzer.

Round 3 again sees them stand and trade, Kanchelskis is definitely getting the upper hand though and half way through the round he lands a monster right that knocks Reid out cold.

Kanchelskis calls out Dean, he obviously doesn't rate Thomas' chances.

Result: Fjodor Kanchelskis defeats JJ Reid (Knock Out (Punch) in 2:35 of round 3. The match was rated as Great

Main Event

Matthew Dean (37-5) v Patrick Thomas (20-4) - Middleweight Title

It's been a great show so far and even Matthew Dean seems to be feeling the excitement in the air. He gets the takedown on the second attempt and takes Thomas' back. He gets the rear naked choke on the second attempt and it's all over. Dean defends for the 9th time.

Result: Matthew Dean defeats Patrick Thomas (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 2:20 of round 1). The match was rated as Great

Post Show Analysis

Wow what a show, nearly every fight went to a finish and in terms of results it couldn't have gone much better. Kanchelskis is the next challenger for Dean, while Lopes, Hilton and Van Der Moot all impressed.

Pop + 3.6%

Crit 77% Com 83%

Gate: £1,445,842

Sponsorship: £43,129

PPV: £3,900,800

Merchandise: £9,246

Fighters: -£275,024

Drug Tests: -£28,800

Production: -£113,442

Total: £4,981,751

It's my biggest popularity gain and biggest profit so far and is a fitting end to my contact with USA Free Choice. Now I just need to keep the momentum going for my next PPV.

GAMMA News

Bill Cumming announces his retirement, that's a little annoying seeing as he is coming off a win and I'd hoped to have him beat before he goes. Joel Adams also retired, which seems fitting, he finally got his shot at the big time and came up short so it's probably best to call it a day.

Otherwise it's a fairly quiet month for GAMMA, I make several signings with a view to using them on my new reality TV show but none will feature in the next couple of months. Otherwise, apart from a few contract renewals it's business as usual as I gear up for my increased schedule come May.

Rest of the World

WEFF

There is big news elsewhere however as WEFF declare bankruptcy. This is bad news not just for them but for me. All their fighters are now on the market, which is of no interest to me and as KDM FC are the only other organisation running a women's division I doubt many of them will get snapped up. This will no doubt lead to a flood of female fighters on the Canadian and American local shows, stifling the development of the fighters I am interested in.

ALPHA-1

ALPHA-1 hold Katou v Ina in March. Katou beats Ina by unanimous decision but damages his hand and is out for 5 months. They put on Yamada v Kitabatake II in April, which sees Yamada defend his title and go 2-0 against Kitabatake.

They suffer a bit of a blow when Hyun-Shik Lim goes on Hiatus, there is some sloppy reporting by Blurcat as they state he is 7-0, he is actually 16-2. His contract is also up for renewal, ALPHA-1 are obviously confident that the hiatus is short term as they give him a new one.

They also raid FLB, snapping up Welterweight Champion Thais Antonio Taffarel and Light Heavyweight Champion Roberto Aldez. FLB just can't hang onto their champions at the moment.

OMEGA

OMEGA host Into the Fire 1. The main event sees Darren Southall defend his title against Frankie Geddon. The Co-Main sees Don Norman pick up the vacant Heavyweight Title with a win over Stan Blackheath. I don't think anyone will be poaching that champion. Blackheath retires straight after.

XCC

XCC Feel the Burn 2 sees Lamont Banner continue his unbeaten streak with a split decision win over Phil Ziskie. He's now Low National Name Value and XCC are managing to build some real stars in the lower weight classes.

BCF

BCF offer up Vikram Sithalayan v Martin Cupples for the Welterweight Title. Cupples wins by unanimous decision. He's 14-0 and only 27 and it's surely not long before either ALPHA-1 or myself come calling. His skills don't seem that great though and I can't work out why he's doing so well.

FLB

FLB are obviously reeling from the multiple raids both ALPHA-1 and GAMMA have carried out. Elzo Alves Moura defeats Sergio do Vale to take the Heavyweight Title but they need to look at creating some new stars quickly.

SIGMA

SIGMA don't hold any shows. They do manage to re-sign a number of key fighters though and they add some new talent as they look to build for the future.

KDM FC

Tomohiro Takeuchi makes the 6th successful defence of his Featherweight Title, beating Norberto for the second time. He's dominating the division but there isn't really anywhere else for him to go at the moment. I'll be interested to see who KDM FC match him up against next.

CCC

Classic Cage Combat open their doors in Canada at the end of April. They don't use a round system, instead allowing fights to go a full hour. I suspect that will lead to some dull match ups. They are yet to sign a fighter and at Low Regional popularity they are definitely bottom of the pile at the moment. Mark Wallace is the owner.

BCF veteran here, and here's my 2 cents:

Martin Cupples is a great prospect if you keep him away from stifling wrestlers. He is basically a slightly less versatile Bobby Brubaker, I've had him done well in GAMMA and he always becomes a contender when I play BCF. He has great hands and physical skills, and starts out with solid defenses.

Probably never going to be GAMMA champion unless matched up very favorably, but certainly a useful, entertaining fighter who has the ability to KO some real competition.

Archived