Burning Hammer are Trumps

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a527/Kitarzu/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira_Hasami_zpsb2c6e197.jpghttp://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a527/Kitarzu/Tigerkinney/SensationalDragon_Hasami_zps40bb83ee.jpg

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a527/Kitarzu/Tigerkinney/TadakuniToshusai_PINK_zps659ee301.jpghttp://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a527/Kitarzu/Tigerkinney/MarihitoMasuko_PINK_zpscb889454.jpg?141

Results from BHOTWG- Inferno Road #5

Monday 17th February 2014:

Kanazawa Exhibition Hall , Kanazawa, Chubu (2,000 Super No Vacancy)

0. Ryushi Sato [w] bt Murai Enomoto in 5:46 by pinfall after a Zen Driller (Backdrop Driver Hold)

Rating: C-

Live Show Notes: Short but competitive match between two young babyfaces, Sato however (despite only just being called up from Hinote Dojo) looks a bit more ready to step up into a more prominent position and picked up the win here with the Zen Driller.

1. Sessue Kawate [w] bt Atsumori Takemura [L] in 7:21 by pinfall after a Snow Plow (Fisherman DDT)

Rating: C-

Live Show Notes: Takemura worked hard here to keep this match interesting, and Kawate to his credit yet Takemura have a fair bit of offence with 'The New Boy' getting a close two count with a German Suplex Hold, in the end though Kawate's veteran instincts won out and he was able to put the young lion away with the Snow Plow. Crowd were pretty dead for this, but considering that this was a washed up has-been versus a green young lion, this could have ended up a whole lot worse.

2. Bairei Yasujiro , Hachigoro Maeda [w] & Haru Kurofuji bt Golden Scorpion, Reijiro Hiraki & White Samurai [L] in 7:37 when Maeda pinned Samurai following the Tachikoma Impact (Slingshot Legdrop/Facebuster combo)

Rating: C

Live Show Notes: This one came and went in a blur with lots of contrived dives and a flurry of nearfalls with White Samurai doing what he does best to no one's surprise what so ever. Entertaining but ultimately forgettable stuff.

3. MYSTIC Dragon , Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda [w] bt 'P.I.N.K' : Nissho Yuasa, Toshiki Shibanumo [L] & The Incredible Koyama in 9:27 when Sanda pinned Shibanumo after the Raging Impact (Yakuza Kick/Spear combo)

Rating: C

Live Show Notes: Pretty much an extended squash ,with MYSTIC and the Raging Bulls on offence for most of the match against the P.I.N.K lackey squad, with only really a few power spots from Yuasha giving Masuko's goons a modicum of hope. Raging Bulls however were over with the crowd and it was rather fitting that their Raging Impact combo finisher on Shibanumo proved decisive.

4. Heihachiro Sakai, Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda [w] bt 'Hasami-Gun': Taro Shionoya [L], Red Panther & American Optimus in 9:50 when Konda pinned Shionoya following a springboard Konda Kutter (Springboard Ace Crusher)

Rating: C+

Live Show Notes: The Hasami-Gun heels were in control for most of the match, with Size of the Fight and Sakai taking turns 'playing Spencer Marks' but Shionoya and American Panther were unable to put their plucky opponents away and in the end Konda was able to stun 'the Wrecking Ball' with a Konda Kutter. Formulaic stuff but the Kanazawa crowd were fully behind the babyfaces.

5. 'Hasami-Gun' : Hiroaki Nakasawa, Yasunobu Masuno [w] and Ieyoshi Shimakage bt 'Team INSPIRE' : Masaaki Okazaki, Hirokumi Saito & Tatsuya Toshitala [L] in 11:46 when Masuno pinned Saito following an Avalanche Bomb (High Angle Powerbomb)

Rating: C+

Live Show Notes: Maybe it had to do with the fact that he was working in what was effectively a midcard match but Nakasawa effectively took a night off for this match, same too could pretty much be said for the other big names in Masuno and Okazaki. The lesser lights Shimakage, Saito and especially Toshitala (who got worked over for a good portion of the match) all worked hard but the crowd really wanted to see a bit of Nakasawa and Okazaki.

6. Kinnojo Horri , Shimedzu [w] & Miyamae bt 'Team INSPIRE' :Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada & Mitsunari Fugunaga [L] in 14:05 when Shimedzu pinned Fuganaga following the Inka Ten (Stereo Superkicks to a kneeling opponent)

Rating: B

Live Show Notes: Kikkawa and Horri like Nakasawa in the previous match were in Tour show six man tag 'half speed' mode, but some really intense exchanges between Fuganaga and Iesada against The Rebellion kept the crowd on the edge of their seat. In the end Fuganaga fell victim to the Inka Ten (Stereo Superkicks) combo finisher from The Rebellion, with Shimedzu picking up the pinfall victory over Fuganaga ahead of Shimedzu's challenge for the Openweight Title at Korakuen Hall.

Post match Fuganaga cheesed off at tasting defeat, attacked Shimedzu from behind and then tried to put the boots to 'the Sky Ninja' however some young lions, the referee and Miyamae manage to get between them. Fuganaga then talked some trash to Shimedzu, as his future Openweight title challenger was being helped away by Miyamae.

Rating: B-

7. Yasuhiko Taira [w] & Sensational Dragon bt P.I.N.K: Marihito Masuko [L] & Tadakuni Toshusai in 18:14 when Taira pinned Masuko after a Hakai Boru (Muscle Buster)

Rating: B

Live Show Notes: This was a good 'B' show main event tag, that saw Toshusai paired off with Taira, and Masuko paired off with Dragon for most of the match.Toshusai and Taira, as expected did a lot of wild brawling, spending much of the time brawling in the crowd, and leaving Dragon and Masuko to duel it out in the ring for long stretches, where knowing each other as well as they do by now, constantly thwarted one another's attempts to put their long time rival away. That was until Masuko was able to nail Dragon with the Masuko Cradle-Shock. However Taira made the save, and it was ultimately the Junior champ who would taste defeat, after falling victim to the Hakai Boru (Muscle Buster).

Overall Show Rating: B

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Card for the next show to be streamed on burninghammerworld.jp

Inferno Road #6 (Korakuen Hall- Tokyo, Kanto)

0. Tatsuya Toshitala & Yoshii Shiomi vs Ryushi Sato & Reijiro Hiraki

1. Marihito Masuko & Toshiki Shibanumo vs Mystic Dragon & Chuichi Sanda

2. Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Hirokumi Sato vs Yasuhiko Taira & Ieyoshi Shimakage

3. Burning Hammer Cup 2nd Round: Taro Shionoya vs Masaaki Okazaki

4. Burning Hammer Cup 2nd Round: Nisso Yuasha vs Eiji Hamacho

5. Burning Hammer Cup 2nd Round: Yasunobu Masuno vs Tadakuni Toshusai

6. Burning Hammer Cup 2nd Round: Tasuku Iesada vs Miyamae

7. Burning Openweight Championship: Mitsunari Fuganaga vs Shimedzu

8. 8 Man Elimination Tag: 'Hasami-Gun': Hiroaki Nakasawa, Sensational Dragon, American Optimus & Red Panther vs Kinnojo Horri, Elemental III, Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda

Card for the next show to be streamed on burninghammerworld.jp

I think Hiraki is actually no longer a young lion at this point -- at 9 years wrestling professionally, I'm pretty sure of it -- and if that is the case, him and Sato will take this one

Shibanumo is the weak link here...

Kikkawa builds momentum for his eventual title win two PPVs down the road.

Another easy outing for Mr. Okazaki

Considered briefly changing the pick here -- but, with his partner seeded against the favorite in the first match of the first round, it's hard to take MR MACHO UNIVERSE seriously in the second round.

Not fond of either member of "Mullet Time" -- Tadakauni will continue his run here.

Miyame over Iesada would be a HUGE upset... Iesada is the favorite, and I think he'll lose to a legitimate contender if he loses at all.

More of a gut pick -- I think Fuganaga has better and brighter things in his future, and a loss here makes sense as he lost the rematch to Miyamae in the previous round -- plus, as a openweight championship, it's a great place to validate lighter competitors with a win.

8. 8 Man Elimination Tag: 'Hasami-Gun': Hiroaki Nakasawa, Sensational Dragon, American Optimus & Red Panther vs Kinnojo Horri, Elemental III, Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda

A couple reasons: this validates a "challenger" to American Panther, Nakasawa is looking a little "too" strong recently, and it continues "Nakasawa is a cowardly champion who only wins with his cronies" storyline.

Staying with the Junior Tag contender. Toshitala wins!

Even a random pair, combined bigger names on this side.

2. Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Hirokumi Saito vs Yasuhiko Taira & Ieyoshi Shimakage

Kikkawa keeps momentum.

Okazaki wins but a solid performance by, probably, the best Heavyweight prospect.

The Raging Bull moves on.

A win over the Imperial Champion will establish the PPV title bout.

The biggest name of this tournament advances.

7. Burning Openweight Championship: Mitsunari Fugunaga vs Shimedzu

It's toss up but I staying with the angry champion.

A long dominance by Hasami-Gun lately but sometimes a glimpse of hope by the BHOTWG loyalist is needed.

Not much idea to be honest so it´s pretty much a coin flip for me.

Another could go either way but Masuko is the deciding factor to me.

Kikkawa is the deciding factor here.

I stay with my earlier predictions.

Fuganaga´s backstage antics cost him the belt here.

Close call again but I go with possible title challengers (Horri and Size of the Fight) getting a win over champs.

O.O.C Note:

Just going to let readers know, that I'm going to have to put this project on hold for about a month, I got some 'real life' stuff to take care of (It's the final assignment of the journalism course I started two years ago- in the end the course showed me that I didn't really want to take my writing in that kind of direction, but I still want to complete it- so I need to focus and just get the final assignment done. So right now I can't give my 'best' to this diary)

Then I'm on holiday in Lisbon for a week in Mid May. Really I want to get the final course assignment in the can, before then.

O.O.C Note:

Just going to let readers know, that I'm going to have to put this project on hold for about a month, I got some 'real life' stuff to take care of (It's the final assignment of the journalism course I started two years ago- in the end the course showed me that I didn't really want to take my writing in that kind of direction, but I still want to complete it- so I need to focus and just get the final assignment done. So right now I can't give my 'best' to this diary)

Then I'm on holiday in Lisbon for a week in Mid May. Really I want to get the final course assignment in the can, before then.

Break a leg! See in a few weeks!

• 1 month later...

Disappointing News

After giving it some though, I'm bringing this project to a close. It disappoints me because I had big plans for this diary, and plus I also feel like I'm letting down people who contributed time and effort into following this....

But here's the sad truth, I'm not just burnt out with this diary, I'm burnt out with TEW diary writing in general. Most of all I think I'm burnt out with writing the matches- I've tried to edit down, but it's not me. Once I get into writing the match-ups, I really get into it but writing a show ends up being time consuming, and then after a while I end up suffering burn out.

I still have a desire to do some form of fictional writing , but something outside of these boards, and most of all something that isn't a TEW diary. I'll still be active on the forum, I'll still be running my anime reviews thread, and I'll eventually get back to reading/contributing as a commenter to other people's diaries, like I used to.

And I'm not going to completely rule out doing a TEW diary again, but a new version of TEW would have to come out, before I will be tempted to get the diary writing urge once again, and after I have at least given a proper crack at churning out that book/script, I've always wanted to do but never felt I had the time to do so.

Well, cannot say that its not disappointing, but also understandable. The long matches definitely seem time consuming, but if they are also what you really enjoy about the projects, can't exactly just move away from them. Hope you have another project in store for us in the future, TK. Even if it takes another TEW for it to happen.

Sorry to see it ending, but I know well the feeling of being burnt out writing up dynasties. Even with my modest Regional ones, it can take 3-4 hours just to actually write up a show and post it ( and give it any kind of real quality).

I actually play a lot less TEW than I used to, simply because when I start a game, I start thinking about it in diary terms, and then the time investment of actually doing one and trying to balance that with all the other interests and responsibilities and suddenly the enthusiasm wanes somewhat.

It's definitely not a decision I have taken lightly to close this diary down and it does legitimately pain me to do so, but I just know right now I can't give sufficient effort to running one the way I would like to. I'm sure I will eventually get the urge again to start up another one, but I've taken the decision not to do another one until a new TEW comes out, which will be a good thing for me.

The two main factors for the mercy killing of this project are

1. The realization that I'm burnt out with TEW diary writing full-stop, not just with this one (In truth it's something I should have realized after I ended my Thunderverse diary).

2. I legit do want to have a proper crack at doing some form of creative/fictional writing outside of doing diaries for a wrestling booker simulation :p

Anyway if people are interested, I'm prepared to post up the results of what I ran in TEW itself and maybe post some odd comment on where the booking was going. I had shows booked up to the end of April, which included the Best of the Super Juniors tournament.

It's definitely not a decision I have taken lightly to close this diary down and it does legitimately pain me to do so, but I just know right now I can't give sufficient effort to running one the way I would like to. I'm sure I will eventually get the urge again to start up another one, but I've taken the decision not to do another one until a new TEW comes out, which will be a good thing for me.

The two main factors for the mercy killing of this project are

1. The realization that I'm burnt out with TEW diary writing full-stop, not just with this one (In truth it's something I should have realized after I ended my Thunderverse diary).

2. I legit do want to have a proper crack at doing some form of creative/fictional writing outside of doing diaries for a wrestling booker simulation :p

Anyway if people are interested, I'm prepared to post up the results of what I ran in TEW itself and maybe post some odd comment on where the booking was going. I had shows booked up to the end of April, which included the Best of the Super Juniors tournament.

Make of this what you will.

I'm not to the point where writing is a profession, but I have some rudimentary experience writing (I've taken a few college level courses and written some short stories). I've found TEW to be a great source of creative prompts to exercise my writing skills -- some of my USPW diary is partially or in whole "freewriting". The forum is unique in that it brings you in contact with professional peers in writing. Arwink is a published author and Eisen-Verse teaches English (to name a few), and there are dozens of really talented authors here. The Dynasty Board provides a unique opportunity to expand creative horizons, and I think an eventual return would further your creative aspirations, even if we don't get a proper sequel to TEW 2013.

Sad to read it but if you really feel burnt out of writing this is the best choice.

Looking forward for your booking plans.

You're the reader, I feel most guilty about letting down, as you contributed material to the diary with renders and the column, but I can't be forcing myself to do the diary, if I'm currently finding it a chore rather than a pleasure to do one.

The stuff between writing the shows was still fun to write, but I've just lost the spark right now to write up the shows themselves (that's even with reducing full write up's down to just a select number of shows), and they are the meat and potatoes of any TEW diary that I do.

Anyway not really a proper continuation of the diary, but I will gradually be posting up results from what I had booked on TEW.

Inferno Road #6- Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

0. Tatsuya Toshitala & Yoshii Shiomi [w] bt Ryushi Sato & Reijiro Hiraki in 6:45 when Shiomi made Hiraki tap out to the Sublime Crossface (Spinning Bulldog transitioned into a Crossface) C-

1. MYSTIC Dragon & Chuichi Sanda [w] bt Marihito Masuko & Toshiki Shibanumo in 7:31 when Sanda pinned Shibanumo following a Sunabozu (Spinning Wrist Clutch Exploder Suplex) C

2. Tadiyuki Kikkawa [w] & Hirokumi Saito bt Yasuhiko Taira & Ieyoshi Shimakage [L] in 9:09 Kikkawa pinned Shimakage following a Kikkawa Driver 2K9 (Over The Shoulder Reverse Piledriver) C+

3. BH Cup 2nd Round: Masaaki Okazaki [w] bt Taro Shionoya [L] in 9:13 by submission with the Okazaki Special (Crossface/Scissored Arm Bar Combination) C+

4. BH Cup 2nd Round: Eiji Hamacho [w] bt Nissho Yuasa [L] in 9:26 by pinfall after a Macho Lariat. C-

5. BH Cup 2nd Round: Yasunobu Masuno [w] bt Tadakuni Toshusai [L] in 12:10 by pinfall following the Taira ni Suru (Running Corner Big Boot, Followed by a Lariat to an opponent stumbling out of the corner) C+

6. BH Cup 2nd Round: Tasuku Iesada [w] bt Miyamae in 15:32 by submission with the Iesada Special II (Northern Lights Suplex floated into a Cross Arm Breaker) B

7. Openweight Championship: Mitsunari Fugunaga [w]bt Shimedzu [L] in 13:12 by pinfall with a Hiza Noshinto (Running Knee Strike to the Face) B-

V5 Defence for Fuganaga

8. 'Hasami Gun' Hiroaki Nakasawa [w], Sensational Dragon, Red Panther & American Optimus bt Kinnojo Horri, Elemental III , Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda in an Elimination match in 19:57; when Hiroaki Nakasawa was left as the sole survivor when he pinned Kinnojo Horri following a Sudden Impact Lariat (Wrist Lock Short Arm Lariat) B+

Overall:B

The Burning Hammer Cup 2nd Round matches, Hamacho and Okazaki went over because they are both more over and better wrestlers than their opponents. Masuno gets his win back against Toshusai, and leaves Toshusai free to defend the Imperial Championship at Inferno of Purity. Iesada went over Miyamae, as I felt I needed the strongest wrestler (both in ability and pop) in the field reach the semi finals at the very least and besides Miyamae is embroiled in a rivalry with Fuganaga.

For the Openweight title defence, Shimedzu was only meant to be a stopgap challenger, a bi-product of the feud between Fuganaga and Miyamae, due to his long term association with the latter.

The main event saw Hasami-Gun confirm their current domination over BHOTWG. This is very much done on purpose, as I wanted Hasami-Gun and more in particular Nakasawa set up to be unstoppable forces, that the fans will be begging to see taken down.

Inferno Road #7: Amagaski Memorial Park Gym,Amagasaki

0. Ieyoshi Shimakage [w] bt Atsumori Takemura [L] in 4:58 by pinfall following a Atama-Sakakiri (Package Piledriver) C-

1. Heihachiro Sakai, Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda [w] bt Murai Enomoto [L], Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate in 8:07 when Konda pinned Enomoto following a K-Fly (Frog Splash) C-

2. The Awesome Kiyaru, Golden Scorpion, Shimedzu [w] & Miyamae bt Hachigoro Maeda, Haru Kurofuji, Bairei Yasujiro & Reijiro Hiraki [L]in 10:51 when Shimedzu pinned Hiraki following an A-Ko Arrow (Slingshot Falcon Arrow) C

3. BH Cup Semi: Tasuku Iesada [w] bt Yasunobu Masuno in 9:30 by submission with the Iesada Special (Flying Cross Armbreaker) B-

4. BH Cup Semi: Eiji Hamacho [w] bt Masaaki Okazaki [L] in 11:11 by pinfall following a Hamacho Sledge 2K (Side Death Valley Driver) C+

5. ' P.I.N.K' Marihito Masuko, Tadakuni Toshusai [w[, Nissho Yuasa & The Incredible Koyama bt Elemental III, MYSTIC Dragon, Ryushi Sato [L] & Chuichi Sanda in 12:02 when Toshusai pinned Sato following the P.I.N.K Dream II (Diving Bulldog Doomsday Device) B-

6. 'Hasami Gun' Sensational Dragon [w], Red Panther & American Optimus bt 'Team INSPIRE' Tatsuya Toshitala [L], Yoshii Shiomi & VENOM in 9:48 when Dragon pinned Toshitala following a Dragon's Inferno (Corkscrew 450 Splash) B

7. 'Hasami Gun' Hiroaki Nakasawa [w], Yasuhiko Taira & Taro Shionoya) bt 'Team INSPIRE' Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Mitsunari Fugunaga & Hirokumi Saito [L] in 14:27 when Nakasawa pinned following an H-Bomb (Elevated Sitout Powerbomb)B-

8. BH Cup Finals: Eiji Hamacho [w] bt Tasuku Iesada [L] in 20:27 by pinfall following a Macho Lariat. B

I went with Hamacho winning the Burning Hammer Cup, as I liked the narrative of this long term veteran, that was well respected but had never quite made the step up to main event status, earning what might be his last crack at challenging for the big one- the Burning Hammer World Title.

Unfortunately his in-ring performances didn't really justify the flavour of the month push I was giving him, by having him emerge as the victor of the Burning Hammer Cup. A desperately disappointing C- against Yuasha in the quarters, followed by an average C+ against Okazaki in the semi's and then a good but not spectacular B rated finals match against Iesada, were hardly inspiring performances.

Outside of the BH Cup Hasami-Gun went 2-0 against Team INSPIRE in the multi-man tags between the two units, once again reaffirming Nakasawa's gang as an unstoppable force.

Up next- what I had booked for the Inferno of Purity PPV.

Continuing on with where the diary would have been headed, here's what I had booked for Inferno of Purity.....

BHOTWG- Inferno of Purity - Aichi Prefectural Gymansium, Nagoya

0. 'P.I.N.K' Nissho Yuasa [w], Toshiki Shibanumo & The Incredible Koyama bt Chuichi Sanda, Ryushi Sato & Reijiro Hiraki in 8:22 when Yuasa pinned Hiraki following a Thunder Drop (Spinout Firemans Carry Facebuster) C

1. Elemental III [w], Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda bt Shimedzu [L], The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion in 10:18 when Elemental III pinned Shimedzu following an Inferno Splash (Phoenix Splash) B

Random Junior 6 man tag match to kick off the main show. Elemental III picked up the win here, as he is someone I would want to keep in the Burning Junior Championship picture.

2. Kinnojo Horri [w] & Heihachiro Sakai bt Taro Shionoya & Ieyoshi Shimakage [L] in 7:36 when Horri pinned Shimakage following a Destiny Bomb (Gutwrench Powerbomb) B-

Challenging for the World Title last month, in the throwaway filler tag match the next for Horri. This isn't demotion though, simply the fact that he failed in his title shot and needs to build himself back up into contention again.

3. Junior Tag Team Championship: American Optimus [w] & Red Panther bt VENOM [L] & Yoshii Shiomi in 11:53 when American Optimus pinned VENOM following the Panther Bomb (Powerbomb/Springboard Legdrop Combo) B

American Panther made V5 Defence

Another successful defence for the Hasami-Gun representatives. Unlike in real life with NJPW (who I always feel Burning Hammer are semi based on) I wasn't going to be play hot potato with the Junior Tag belts. :p

4. Junior Championship: Marihito Masuko [w] bt MYSTIC Dragon [L] in 10:24 by pinfall following a Masuko Cradle Shock (Swinging Leg Hook Fireman's Carry Slam) B

Routine re-match title defence for Masuko here, he only just won the belt from MYSTIC Dragon last month, I wasn't going to have him drop it back. Main reason MYSTIC had to drop the belt in the first place, is that his overness level wasn't the same as the top Juniors Masuko/Sensational Dragon and I didn't think it was worth the hassle of having a disgruntled Masuko- just to keep MYSTIC's short lived title run going a bit longer.

5. Tag Team Championship: 'The Manipulators' Tasuku Iesada [w] & Masaaki Okazaki bt 'The New Wave' Scout [L] & Guide in 15:52 when Iesada pinned Scout following the Total Blackout (Spike Cradle Piledriver)

The Manipulators made V1 Defence

An international tag team dream match to take advantage of the working relationship I had set up with TCW. New Wave had next to no overness when it came to working in Japan, but their tag team skill combined with the skills and decent level of pop for the champions, saw the contest still go over well.

Post match Snow Lizzard came out and made a challenge for the tag titles....

In terms of playing the game Snow Lizzard suck worse than a match featuring endless Ryusuke Taguchi ass attacks- they are broken down/over the hill and pretty much pull down every match they are in. But in storyline terms, they are a decorated and respected tag team, making their challenge legit in the eyes of the fans.

6. Openweight Championship: Mitsunari Fugunaga [w] bt Miyamae [L] in 16:20 by pinfall after a flying Hiza Noshinto (Flying Knee Strike To The Face) B

Fuganaga made V6 Defence

With this win Fuganaga effectively wins and thus ends his feud with Miyamae/The Rebellion. I was also building up a strong run here for Fuganaga with the midcard belt, where if someone beat him it would mean something or if he continued to defend the title, he could start making claims about being a stronger champion than the Imperial Champion.

Post match Kansuke Konda came out and challenged Fuganaga for the belt.

On hindsight I maybe should have had Konda get the pin in the opening six man tag, to strengthen his title claims here. Anyway when it comes to single's competition Konda has more history with the Openweight belt, than with the Junior Championship.

7. Imperial Championship: Tadakuni Toshusai [w] bt Yasuhiko Taira [L] in 13:04 by pinfall following a BAKA! (Flying Fore Arm Smash) B

Toshusai made V3 Defence

Toshusai picking up the win once again, when it matters most against his rivals in Black Magic. Not much more else to say here, other than I didn't feel that it was the right time to have Toshusai drop this belt to someone else.

8. Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Bryan Vessey [w] bt Sensational Dragon & Yasunobu Masuno [L] in 17:49 when Bryan Vessey pinned Masuno following a Vessey-Plex (Fisherman Suplex) B+

Kikkawa's mystery partner ended up being former PGHW mainstay Bryan Vessey. As somone who had a strong history of working in Japan, Vessey would be an instant/legit star as Kikkawa's hired-gun in the eyes of the fans. Vessey also picked up the win here to further affirm him as an instant threat.

9. World Championship: Hiroaki Nakasawa [w] bt Eiji Hamacho in 19:39 by pinfall following a Sudden Impact Lariat (Wrist Lock Short Arm Lariat) B

Even if Hamacho was tearing it up in the ring, and put on consistently great matches on his way to winning the Burning Hammer Cup, he was never going to be going over Nakasawa here. At the end of the day, the BH Cup tournament was just there to build up a fresh challenger, rather than as a stepping stone to the title itself (at least that was the case on this occasion)

Post match Nakasawa's celebration is interrupted by Bryan Vessey, who then proceeds to make a challenge for the World Title.

Vessey may have been brought in as Kikkawa's hired gun, but the Burning World Championship is perhaps the most prestigious title in the world, and he wants a shot at it. His respectable runs in promotions such as PGHW in Japan and TCW in the U.S plus the instant impact he made here, with a strong pin over Yasunobu Masuno, makes him an instant legitimate threat to Nakasawa and the World Title.

Overall Event Rating: B

I wont pretend here and say that I wasn't a little disappointed with the overall event rating. This was a solid show from top to bottom, but it lacked that killer main event, having Hamacho challenge for the world title was a gamble that didn't really pay off. In terms of game ratings, I had a feeling the semi-main would outshine the main event, but in storyline terms, I'm a stickler for the World Title match going on as the main event. It's the most important prize in the company and should be treated as such, even if no one is really buying into the challenger.

For the next tour 'Prophecy Road' I will just be posting full results from what would have been the televised 'Korakuen Hall' show and the Test of Prophecies PPV.

Leg #1 of the tour saw BHOTWG make a trip to the Okinawa Prefectural Gymnasium, with the main event a 6 man tag that saw the Hasami-Gun trio of Nakasawa, Sen-Drag and Masuno defeat Team INSPIRE's Kikkawa, Fuganaga & VENOM.

The event also saw Hinote Dojo graduate Toju Munkata make his full roster debut in a losing effort in the opening match against former Junior champ MYSTIC Dragon.

Leg #2 took place in the Kagoshima Citizen Gymnasium with the main event another Hasami-Gun vs Team INSPIRE affair, with the Sensational Bombastics emerging victorious over the pair of Kikkawa and VENOM.

Leg #3 saw Burning Hammer travel up the island of Kyushu to the Kumamoto City Gymnasium. The main event was another Hasami-Gun vs Team INSPIRE showdown, a six man tag pitting Nakasawa and American Panther against Kikkawa and Full Ligament Panic!- This time however Team INSPIRE managed to score the win, when Kikkawa pinned Panther.

* It should be noted around this time both The Incredible Koyama and White Samurai's contracts came up for renewal. These were both wrestlers where I wouldn't be renewing their contracts. Samurai was stale and was never going to rise above the Junior Division jobber role, and besides I had Hinote Dojo graduates Munkata and Hiraki who could now be called upon to do that job. Koyama had talent, but it wasn't enough to put up with his poor attitude and ultimately was a backstage cancer I would be wise to be rid of.

Leg #4 of the Prophecy Road tour, saw BHOTWG back on the main island of Honshu, in the Chugoku region as they rolled into Okayama Orange Hall. No prizes for guessing that once again the main event was another Hasami-Gun vs Team INSPIRE showdown- This time a six man tag pitting Nakasawa, Sen-Drag and Shimakage against Kikkawa, Fuganaga and Saito. Hasami-Gun won on this occasion, going 3-1 in main event tags thus far on the tour against Team INSPIRE. I think you can all guess who ended up looking up at the lights from that combination of talent.

Up next results from Prophecy Road Tour #5, the televised Korakuen Hall show.

Anyway I know these don't make up for a proper version of the diary, but I still hope that you are enjoying a look into where the booking plans would have been heading.

• 1 month later...

Archived