[RELEASE] War of the Immortals 4

Basically I've been playing it but figured something was missing (it is a brilliant mod, I'm not taking anything away from it)

Thank You Sir,

what I found is a lot of promotions were lacking star power (due to them being in a different promotion) due to how the game works you can't have the undertaker in all the wwe promotions since his debut, because if you have him on a ppa contract at all companies then wcw will come straight in and snap him up.

You are correct, I have tinkered with loyalties and contract types for 3.5

As for Star Power. WOTI3.5 has had the workers popularity looked at and changed. I will give examples. So as for Promotions not having enough stars. Any TV Based Promotion will have top stars. Like WWFC, WWFA, WWFNG, WWE, WWEPG, WCW, NWOWCW, CMLL, AAA, NJPW, JCP. Other companies will have a terrotial system so for example; Memphis has workers with high pop in the south. Joint Promotions has popular workers in the UK but nowhere else. Stampede will have popular Canadian workers. Same with the NWA Alliance apart from Jim Crockett Promotions which has National stars.

It all comes down to personal guidelines, For example I feel there is a limited number of US workers that have international stardom. [i am from the UK so I gauge it on this]

The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Sting, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker - could be classed as MEGA Stars

John Cena, Bret Hart, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Mr. Perfect, Jake Roberts, Road Warriors, Ricky Steamboat, - are MEGA Stars to wrestling fans only - imo

Harley Race, Terry Funk, Kurt Angle, Bruiser Brody, Hacksaw, Iron Sheik, Ted Dibiase - are STARS to the wrestling fans - imo

Tommy Rich, Big Daddy, Grado, Jack Brisco, Verne Gagne, Sweet Daddy Siki, - are workers that are regional MEGA Stars

The mod has tried to get its way around this by using the alliance (unfortunately the computer doesn't use this to the effect it should and ends up loaning players not from that era anyway)

Also the WWE Universe Alliance rules have been altered for 3.5

So the way I want to edit is as follows. Basically duplicates

A Vince McMahon for every wwe/f promotion. But vince's age skills and popularity would be based on what they were around that era.

I understand the idea and the logic in this. WOTI is about highlighting "era's" and not to have Vince in WWF; Attitude kills me at times. I think the idea of WOTI3.5 is like Pokemon, You Gotta Catchem All. Using Alliances or snapping up workers before the competition. It plays out like a territorial era system.This is added by the fact I have gone through the worker popularities and tinkered with them.

For example the undertaker would have around 4 duplicates

Probably an old school undertaker (younger, less popularity, psychology etc)

An attitude era undertaker (the one already in the game)

Wwe undertaker, a few years on from the attitude one with worse physical shape.

Modern undertaker, ppv only bad physical shape, high popularity.

Kevin Nash would have 2

Diesel (wwf)

Kevin Nash (wcw)

Same with razor Ramon and so on.

I would see this vision for a mod as well, i considered this idea for advancing Tommys excellent WOTI2. As for different era gimmicks, 2 for Nash? Well if it was in the context for WOTI then want about Vinnie Vegas, Oz and grey haired TNA Nash?

Bradshaw would have 2 possibly 3.

Bradshaw apa (younger, less mic skills, lower popularity etc)

Jbl (wwe)

Current jbl (color commentator retired)

WOTI 3 and also 3.5 has many different gimmicks for the workers. Taking Bradshaw i feel 2 or 3 wouldnt be enough in a WOTI setting. For example, Bradshaw in WOTI3 has

John Hawk - Europe, Japan

Bradshaw [APA] - WWFA [75%] - WWE [10%]

Bradshaw [Acolytes] - WWFA [50%]

Justin Bradshaw - WWFNG [100%]

Vampiro Americano - Mexico

JBL - WWE [90%] - WWEPG [100%]

I think this would help the game as it would give us more retired workers for out of the ring roles. Also it fills the rosters up with a bit more star power.

Completey agree, I have added tons of non workers and retired workers. Although I have to add some more as the expansion has brought some out of retirement!

My question is who do you people think should be duplicated? My thinking at the moment is Charles Wright should have 2. Papa shango (cartoon era) and the godfather (attitude era). I don't really think Kama or any other characters he played were significant enough. Plus his runs of those characters only really covered those eras. I don't think godfather was significant enough to add to any other era.

Also do you think it would play better if I got duplicates to dislike each other and have bad chemistry so they never fought together and lowered the chances of 2 undertakers in the same company. Or would it be better to leave it as match ups between old school undertaker v ministry undertaker is what the mod is all about?

Dude sounds like you got a good idea here, you like anyone can use WOTI3 as a base, but I feel starting a hype thread would be better instead of page 4 of this thread. So these questions get the proper attention they deserve

As for Charles Wright... what about the Soultaker and The Goodfather? :p

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
really looking forward to trying this, as i am bad at doing current world games... Im playing as ROH right now my roster includes Owen Hart, Benoit, Eddie, Andre and a few others who i brought in from an older WOTI but deleted thier Popularity from and reset thier age. Any idea when 3.5 will be out to play? (sorry if i missed it i believe i read the whole post tho) Keep up the awesome job... I can see my getting another Massive roster unfortunatly which ends up being the downfall of all my games

Thank You Sir,

You are correct, I have tinkered with loyalties and contract types for 3.5

As for Star Power. WOTI3.5 has had the workers popularity looked at and changed. I will give examples. So as for Promotions not having enough stars. Any TV Based Promotion will have top stars. Like WWFC, WWFA, WWFNG, WWE, WWEPG, WCW, NWOWCW, CMLL, AAA, NJPW, JCP. Other companies will have a terrotial system so for example; Memphis has workers with high pop in the south. Joint Promotions has popular workers in the UK but nowhere else. Stampede will have popular Canadian workers. Same with the NWA Alliance apart from Jim Crockett Promotions which has National stars.

It all comes down to personal guidelines, For example I feel there is a limited number of US workers that have international stardom. [i am from the UK so I gauge it on this]

The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Sting, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker - could be classed as MEGA Stars

John Cena, Bret Hart, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Mr. Perfect, Jake Roberts, Road Warriors, Ricky Steamboat, - are MEGA Stars to wrestling fans only - imo

Harley Race, Terry Funk, Kurt Angle, Bruiser Brody, Hacksaw, Iron Sheik, Ted Dibiase - are STARS to the wrestling fans - imo

Tommy Rich, Big Daddy, Grado, Jack Brisco, Verne Gagne, Sweet Daddy Siki, - are workers that are regional MEGA Stars

Also the WWE Universe Alliance rules have been altered for 3.5

I understand the idea and the logic in this. WOTI is about highlighting "era's" and not to have Vince in WWF; Attitude kills me at times. I think the idea of WOTI3.5 is like Pokemon, You Gotta Catchem All. Using Alliances or snapping up workers before the competition. It plays out like a territorial era system.This is added by the fact I have gone through the worker popularities and tinkered with them.

I would see this vision for a mod as well, i considered this idea for advancing Tommys excellent WOTI2. As for different era gimmicks, 2 for Nash? Well if it was in the context for WOTI then want about Vinnie Vegas, Oz and grey haired TNA Nash?

WOTI 3 and also 3.5 has many different gimmicks for the workers. Taking Bradshaw i feel 2 or 3 wouldnt be enough in a WOTI setting. For example, Bradshaw in WOTI3 has

John Hawk - Europe, Japan

Bradshaw [APA] - WWFA [75%] - WWE [10%]

Bradshaw [Acolytes] - WWFA [50%]

Justin Bradshaw - WWFNG [100%]

Vampiro Americano - Mexico

JBL - WWE [90%] - WWEPG [100%]

Completey agree, I have added tons of non workers and retired workers. Although I have to add some more as the expansion has brought some out of retirement!

Dude sounds like you got a good idea here, you like anyone can use WOTI3 as a base, but I feel starting a hype thread would be better instead of page 4 of this thread. So these questions get the proper attention they deserve

As for Charles Wright... what about the Soultaker and The Goodfather? :p

Yeah I know why you havnt duplicated any workers and they all have alter egos so you can play all these, but for me personally the game is brilliant already, but I just want to see them play out as they would with all the major workers. I think the new generation was the first one to fall in size because althought they have shawn michaels and bret hart they have no deisel or razor Ramon, and for me id like to see how they would go on against each other with a fullish roster.

For me soul taker wouldn't be worth adding, but if I decide I'm going to go for it and make it for people to download I would add on request

I started last night and basically managed to create

3 rocks, (rocky Miavia around 25 new gen, Dwayne Johnson around 30 attitude era, the rock around 40 semi active wrestler ppv only for of era)

A vince McMahon for every era his age and stats changed, and his personality. Eg the first vince (classic) is a road agent with lower booking reputation, new gen vince is a color commentator/announcer, attitude vince is him at his peak, then his personality changes a little bit for the next 2.

2 stone colds. The first one Steve Austin around 31 new gen era, his alter egos are stunning Steve and the ringmaster, this is pretty much when he first join wwf, then the second one is stone cold around 36/37 at his peak

(I don't think stone colds run in the wcw is worth adding)

Then 3 Stephanie mcmahons (I did Steph so early so I could get the mcmahons relationships done)

For me I'm interested how rocky miavia and Steve Austin do in the new gen era, do they make it to the top with shawn michaels, bret hart, deisel etc.

I think i will have another few days of editing and see where I'm at, and if it's going well I will start a new thread purely for it.

I'm from the uk too

Yeah I know why you havnt duplicated any workers and they all have alter egos so you can play all these, but for me personally the game is brilliant already, but I just want to see them play out as they would with all the major workers. I think the new generation was the first one to fall in size because althought they have shawn michaels and bret hart they have no deisel or razor Ramon, and for me id like to see how they would go on against each other with a fullish roster.

For me soul taker wouldn't be worth adding, but if I decide I'm going to go for it and make it for people to download I would add on request

I started last night and basically managed to create

3 rocks, (rocky Miavia around 25 new gen, Dwayne Johnson around 30 attitude era, the rock around 40 semi active wrestler ppv only for of era)

A vince McMahon for every era his age and stats changed, and his personality. Eg the first vince (classic) is a road agent with lower booking reputation, new gen vince is a color commentator/announcer, attitude vince is him at his peak, then his personality changes a little bit for the next 2.

2 stone colds. The first one Steve Austin around 31 new gen era, his alter egos are stunning Steve and the ringmaster, this is pretty much when he first join wwf, then the second one is stone cold around 36/37 at his peak

(I don't think stone colds run in the wcw is worth adding)

Then 3 Stephanie mcmahons (I did Steph so early so I could get the mcmahons relationships done)

For me I'm interested how rocky miavia and Steve Austin do in the new gen era, do they make it to the top with shawn michaels, bret hart, deisel etc.

I think i will have another few days of editing and see where I'm at, and if it's going well I will start a new thread purely for it.

I'm from the uk too

Amazing bro, good work. I can help out when woti is done, drop me a msg.

As for Austin's run in WCW, if WCW are in the game the Hollywood Blondes deserve to be in it.

out of interest what promotions are you going to use

Amazing bro, good work. I can help out when woti is done, drop me a msg.

As for Austin's run in WCW, if WCW are in the game the Hollywood Blondes deserve to be in it.

out of interest what promotions are you going to use

All I'm doing is editing woti 3. So all the same promotions. I'm just trying to give me all the characters I remember, but as I wasn't a big wcw fan some of the runs seems insignificant (to save overkill)

I've just done

3 ric flairs

nwa (edited the on already in to make younger,

Wcw

WWE where he has his last reign.

3 Shawn michaels

Heartbreak kid new gen (edited the one already in)

Hbk attitude era (semi active personality, dx and commissioner

Shawn michaels WWE (his last run)

4 triple h

Hunter Hearst Helmsley new gen

HHH attitude era (dx, the game)

Triple h WWE (cerebral assassin more injured

Paul levesque pg (head Booker semi active authority

I will need your help if people want it to download as there maybe characters you would be better doing that I wouldn't put in for myself (and probably editing stats I've done as your more experienced

All I'm doing is editing woti 3. So all the same promotions. I'm just trying to give me all the characters I remember, but as I wasn't a big wcw fan some of the runs seems insignificant (to save overkill)

I've just done

3 ric flairs

nwa (edited the on already in to make younger,

Wcw

WWE where he has his last reign.

3 Shawn michaels

Heartbreak kid new gen (edited the one already in)

Hbk attitude era (semi active personality, dx and commissioner

Shawn michaels WWE (his last run)

4 triple h

Hunter Hearst Helmsley new gen

HHH attitude era (dx, the game)

Triple h WWE (cerebral assassin more injured

Paul levesque pg (head Booker semi active authority

I will need your help if people want it to download as there maybe characters you would be better doing that I wouldn't put in for myself (and probably editing stats I've done as your more experienced

Again nice one dude. You need to make seperate thread yo. More eyes will see it that way and i can keep this thread on WOTI3.5 updates

any idea on when this will be released? really looking forward to it

Hello Good Sir,

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

I have added all promotions, 99% of the new workers.

Chemistry, Relationships and some PPV Carriers, Networks and TV Shows need updating.

So all major additions are complete.

I need to look at the popularity of workers and all chemistry and relationships

I was looking for some play testers really

People that are willing to check for certain errors, and hopefully enjoy the mod.

So if any is interested then please get in touch, many thanks

Glad to hear that this seems to be coming along nicely. I'd be happy to play test this for you and do whatever I can to help.

Thank you Sir,

Now i was hoping you could look at one of these things for me in the mod;

1. General errors - genders, bio's, wrestling styles, if Hulk Hogan is a Japanese Junior then we have a problem!

2. Worker Popularity - if Jimmy Rave is more popular than Aj Styles, then we have a problem!

3. Worker Skills - If Mark Henry has better mic skills than Jesse Ventura, then we have a problem!

4. Missing Tag Teams & Stables - including Bio's, finsihers, formation date

5. Worker Relationships - I am trying to "capture" the key relationships of wrestling. For example, Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior will have a dislike for each other, even though they have "made friends" again. Marriages are a different thing. Marco Mero & Sable or Lesnar and Sable? Chyna & Hunter will be split up and Hunter will be married to Steph, as this is a key part of wrestling

6. Chemistry - Espically the teaming chemistry and announcing chemistry. As for opponent & managing Chemistry I feel the key ones are only needed. FOr example Savage Steamboat and Cena Orton :p

Most of this work is nearing complete, but it does need some attention. A fresh pair of eyes would really be helpful

Now Sir if you are interested then please reply. I am currently adding new Era's and Narrative's and when that is done I can send you the file

I would completely understand if it is just a no

many thanks

I'm more than happy to help out with any of those 6 things. I love the concept of this mod and anything that I can do to help lessen your work load is worthwhile.

I have a habit of checking out the bio's of workers in a mod before I get into a game so that'll be a fun process for me. If there are any stand out errors I should be able to catch them.

I should also be able to contribute to the relationships as I've got a decent memory of the marriages and the real life friendships and rivalries that have taken place over the years as far as the mainstream and indy talents go.

I'm happy to have a look at Tag Teams and Stables too and check and compare the worker popularities for all of the workers I know.

I'll warn you in advance that the two areas where I may be sketchy are when it comes to Japanese and Mexican promotions, many of the workers from these promotions I don't know very well (or know at all), so you may need to find another tester who knows their Japanese and Mexican Wrestling well to give those areas a good looking over.

I'm more than happy to help out with any of those 6 things. I love the concept of this mod and anything that I can do to help lessen your work load is worthwhile.

I have a habit of checking out the bio's of workers in a mod before I get into a game so that'll be a fun process for me. If there are any stand out errors I should be able to catch them.

I should also be able to contribute to the relationships as I've got a decent memory of the marriages and the real life friendships and rivalries that have taken place over the years as far as the mainstream and indy talents go.

I'm happy to have a look at Tag Teams and Stables too and check and compare the worker popularities for all of the workers I know.

I'll warn you in advance that the two areas where I may be sketchy are when it comes to Japanese and Mexican promotions, many of the workers from these promotions I don't know very well (or know at all), so you may need to find another tester who knows their Japanese and Mexican Wrestling well to give those areas a good looking over.

Sir you are truely a God amongst men, I will be in touch ASAP

Maybe in another update, you might be interested in this info on the United Wrestling Network:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Wrestling_Network

Many great promotions here as well as one which I watch more than any other, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood:

http://www.hollywoodwrestling.com/

Just a thought.

Cheers mate, all the major work for WOTI3.5 [or will it be 4!!!] is complete, but I will certainly look at this info for a new mod I have in mind

• 2 weeks later...

Hello People,

WOTI 3.5 is coming along really well. Yes its has taken a bit longer than expected but I feel it is worth the extra time spent on the database.

So I have a few requests I am stuck with a few workers so below is a list of workers I need to fill spots on rosters. If anyone can help please get back to me;

All Pro Wrestling

Announcers & Ref's

Westside Xtreme Wrestling

Ref's

Smokey Mountain Wrestling

Announcers - [ did Cornette act as Colour? ]

New Japan Wrestling

Announcers - I have some but would appriecate a list of all NJPW announcers

Insane Championship Wrestling

Announcers

HUSTLE

Announcers

Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling

Announcers

East Coast Wrestling Association

Announcers

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

Ref's

These workers can come from any "era" of these companies, with obvious preference to workers that have been more prominent in the company

Hello People,

WOTI 3.5 is coming along really well. Yes its has taken a bit longer than expected but I feel it is worth the extra time spent on the database.

So I have a few requests I am stuck with a few workers so below is a list of workers I need to fill spots on rosters. If anyone can help please get back to me;

All Pro Wrestling

Announcers & Ref's

Ref's

New Japan Wrestling

Announcers

HUSTLE

Announcers

Announcers

Announcers

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

Ref's

These workers can come from any "era" of these companies, with obvious preference to workers that have been more prominent in the company

Bob Caudle was the lead announcer for SMW. Dutch Mantel was the colour commentator. Short-lived but classic organization.

Hello People,

All Pro Wrestling

Announcers & Ref's

Ref's

New Japan Wrestling

Announcers

HUSTLE

Announcers

Announcers

Announcers

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

Ref's

Rick Knox has been PWG's ref for years

So guys very close to rolling out the mod. I have a couple of questions i hope people can help me with;

1. So CHIKARA and ECWA are owned and booked by Mike Quackenbush & Jim Ketner. They both begin the text I have ran by looking for a new booker. Why is this happening? Is it to do with the workers Respect, Reputation or their booking stats and wrestling style preference?

2. Some companies create their own belts, why is this?

So hopefully with these thing cleared up with help the mod should be ready very soon.

#1: Those who take hold of a company as owner are based on business skills (listed under "business" when editing a worker), while bookers have their own booking skills set (also in "business").

#2: Some of the companies create their own belt mid-game because they feel like they don't have enough titles. It happens in quite a few games, although I've seen a couple of companies use only one or two titles that were created beforehand.

#1: Those who take hold of a company as owner are based on business skills (listed under "business" when editing a worker), while bookers have their own booking skills set (also in "business").

#2: Some of the companies create their own belt mid-game because they feel like they don't have enough titles. It happens in quite a few games, although I've seen a couple of companies use only one or two titles that were created beforehand.

Thanks for the input. I realise that the business section of a worker will effect that works business and booking skills, but the question remains why? When Roland Alexander, Bill Watts, Verne Gagne etc.. all own and book their promotions so why does ECWA & CHIKARA not work?

I understand that some companies will create their own belts if there is say only 1 belt in a national company, but WCWNWO has;

1. US Championship - Midcard - No Restrictions

2. Cruiserweight Championship - Low Level - Middleweight and Below Size

3. Heavyweight Championship - Main Event - No Restrictions

4. Tag Team Championship - Floating - No Restrictions

Is it the fact that the Cruiserweight title is size restricted? If so then why does the company create another Main Event Championship?

Archived