Pushing enhancement talent/openers

One thing that seems to be the hardest is pushing with these pushes. I would just like to find out how people do it. Say you've signed a decent worker with no popularity how do you push these?

The major problem is you can't put these against someone with the same push and have them win as the match will be not accepted by the fans as they don't like to see 2 jobbers. The best way I find is to have someone as lower midcarder who is happy to lose (a contract as where they are expected to lose to lower pushes) the other problem is what if you havnt got anyone at this level who is happy to job? If you want to keep everyone happy how does everyone get around this? I know you could change the push but I like to autopish so I know what level everyone is at. Do these people gain any pop by losing to people with higher pushes?

They can lose their way up the card if they job to upper midcarders and main eventers.

So their pop does rise even when they lose and their momentum is shot? I havnt tested it out to be honest although I have moved plenty of people up, but I just wanted to know in case I have a small roster

On TEW 2013, its much much harder to lose your way up the card. Recent fortunes makes that pretty much impossible. You can't see recent fortunes but they affect popularity and momentum gains. It only comes into play once they reach Lower Midcard, I believe. So the key is to have them lose to top guys for the first while, as the match grades should help. Once they reach the level of Lower Midcard, you need to give them some wins so recent fortunes doesn't keep them from gaining anything. Give them wins over the bottom guys, or tag them with a top guy who gets the pin. Angles really help too.

Think about how its typically done in a real promotion. Its not real likely that someone is going to go 0-104 over the course of two years but somehow move from the bottom of the card to main eventing.

On TEW 2013, its much much harder to lose your way up the card. Recent fortunes makes that pretty much impossible. You can't see recent fortunes but they affect popularity and momentum gains. It only comes into play once they reach Lower Midcard, I believe. So the key is to have them lose to top guys for the first while, as the match grades should help. Once they reach the level of Lower Midcard, you need to give them some wins so recent fortunes doesn't keep them from gaining anything. Give them wins over the bottom guys, or tag them with a top guy who gets the pin. Angles really help too.

Think about how its typically done in a real promotion. Its not real likely that someone is going to go 0-104 over the course of two years but somehow move from the bottom of the card to main eventing.

Yeah I forgot about angles too, I played a mod and changed the date to like 93 and set all future worker to 0 pop, i simmed until about 95 and took over wwf and managed to get the rock and triple h to main eventers (the rock my top guy) within a year or so, but I made a lot of people unhappy on the way and also had enough money and big enough roster to set on older lower midcarders who were happy to lose, the problem is sometimes they lose pop and end up a openers themselves lol.

Triple h actually left to wcw after me making him a star all because I told him off for taking steriods.

My way is to just make them beat midcard jobbers until they are over. For eg, in the C-Verse, Cal Sanders and Remmy Honeyman will put over anyone you want them too, almost regardless of popularity. It's just finding the right guys to do the job for you, which is probably much easier in the C-Verse.

My way is to just make them beat midcard jobbers until they are over. For eg, in the C-Verse, Cal Sanders and Remmy Honeyman will put over anyone you want them too, almost regardless of popularity. It's just finding the right guys to do the job for you, which is probably much easier in the C-Verse.

Yeah that's what in do currently but I mean if you have a small roster and can't afford it find the right men who will accept this.

Yeah that's what in do currently but I mean if you have a small roster and can't afford it find the right men who will accept this.

Usually, these guys won't have massive popularity in the first place, so these guys won't ask for lots of money. If you are going PPA getting someone for 500 or less will be good for a guy who will job for you. I can't quite remember how much I'm paying Cal in my EPW dynasty but I'll go check later when I'm home and let you know. Think it's around 600-700 right now, but he's a lot higher in pop then a midcard jobber should be (at least in the promotion I'm running). I believe at the start of the game I was paying him 370 PPA, which I think is very reasonable.

Yeah I forgot about angles too, I played a mod and changed the date to like 93 and set all future worker to 0 pop, i simmed until about 95 and took over wwf and managed to get the rock and triple h to main eventers (the rock my top guy) within a year or so, but I made a lot of people unhappy on the way and also had enough money and big enough roster to set on older lower midcarders who were happy to lose, the problem is sometimes they lose pop and end up a openers themselves lol.

Triple h actually left to wcw after me making him a star all because I told him off for taking steriods.

Angles are your best friend in an entertainment-based promotion. You can be super cheap and just add them as Unrated to other angles, but doing it realistically, you can either pair them up with someone more popular (maybe a manager) to do the talking or let them do the talking but put the angel where it won't hurt (dark time or a B show).

I find that in a lot of historical mods, its just easier to not test for drugs or roids. There is a risk there, but so many workers use that testing is gonna lose you talent you want to keep. It turns into a certain headache, rather than the risk of damaging the promotion if someone gets popped.

The major problem is you can't put these against someone with the same push and have them win as the match will be not accepted by the fans as they don't like to see 2 jobbers.

This is where you need to treat the auto-push as a suggestion, rather than a rule. Manually change whichever one you're pushing to a midcarder. Fans will accept the match.

Having guys who will job and not complain and manually changing the push on a worker are both things you can do.

I always like to have a plan for my promotion. I work toward having an A show and a B show and a big monthly event (hopefully tv shows and a ppv but sometimes your not big enough yet) The A show push your top guys who are going to be at the big monthly event and build that up. The B show i take the guys who just lost on the A show and give them wins and let them do angles.

This stops the recent fortunes for my top guys and the next tier of guys. I have a job squad of guys who are usually decent workers with a low pop cap. They can job and then do some angles with a main eventer and get back to their normal max popularity.

If you sign a guy and he shows up on your next big things list. Then you want him working every week. Have a group of dedicated jobbers if you have to sign a few guys then sign a few guys. Low pop guys on ppa contracts don't cost much.

If you dont mind cheating just do what I do. Create angles with one guy who grabs big ratings. Make the resat of the spots Not Rated Major Success. Helps add heat and success to any storylines. So putting your jobbers in a storyline just using an angle featuring them and your other storylines helps them get over quick.

It helped me get Killer Shark and Hells Bouncer to Upper Midcard push in TCW within 3 months natural

What I typically do is put them in a tag team with a worker that fans won't complain about seeing, and give that team a small push until the worker I want to push is at least lower midcard, maybe midcard. Then you have a prebuilt storyline for when you split the team and have the guy go solo as well.

Same vein, I run multi-man matches in dark time, and if I'm building a jobber up, I stick him on the winning team. Couple that with angles and letting his losses coming on TV, it's pretty easy to get a guy to a workable level of pop. and, any battle royal, 4 team tag, etc style matches I'll put my guy in, unless it's a semi or main event, or I have a real good reason not to.

Archived