Modern Warriors 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, I just installed a fresh copy of WMMA 4, copied over the mod to the corresponding folders & attempted to created a new game, but I'm experiencing an error during the process.

The first check goes through 100% with no errors, but after I click 'begin new game' and input a game name it comes up with an error; "Unexpected Error 3159 An unexpected error has occurred, the game must be closed"

Any help?

Cheers.

Hi guys, I just installed a fresh copy of WMMA 4, copied over the mod to the corresponding folders & attempted to created a new game, but I'm experiencing an error during the process.

The first check goes through 100% with no errors, but after I click 'begin new game' and input a game name it comes up with an error; "Unexpected Error 3159 An unexpected error has occurred, the game must be closed"

Any help?

Cheers.

Did you make any changes in the editor?

Have u tried the default database?usually find if that doesnt work aswell its a cockup in the download somewhere!if u runnin it on mac the problem is probably owning a mac but on pc this mod is definetely workin

I'm using a PC.

Yeah default database works perfectly.

And I've tried re-downloading MW2, with no luck.

Post it in tech support then coz i find the database is workin fine obviously something wrong elsewhere

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure its running in administrator mode. We've had some issues like this come up but I don't have the foggiest idea what's wrong and it only effects a few. Most of time we've been able to isolate it to someone editing a file in the database that somehow got corrupted on conversion, but I don't know about the technical side of things. All I can suggest is post in tech support, let Adam know this isn't a known issue for the mod that we've fixed before and e-mail him your database. Sorry.

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure its running in administrator mode. We've had some issues like this come up but I don't have the foggiest idea what's wrong and it only effects a few. Most of time we've been able to isolate it to someone editing a file in the database that somehow got corrupted on conversion, but I don't know about the technical side of things. All I can suggest is post in tech support, let Adam know this isn't a known issue for the mod that we've fixed before and e-mail him your database. Sorry.

Thanks for your help everyone, I have solved the issue!

I accidentally coped over a folder that the game doesn't recognize, which was what was causing the issue...

Love the mod, Tag! :D

Will you updating the database anytime soon to include roster updates such as CM Punk signing a contract with the UFC?

Excellent work as always. Thanks, Tag.

Will you updating the database anytime soon to include roster updates such as CM Punk signing a contract with the UFC?

He already did that one, actually. CM Punk is listed under his real name, Phil Brooks.

Most of the older fighters left in database retire in 1st year so its not a major problem & the fight engine is well up 2 scratch i only find the lack of bios need work we end up with an overstacked weightclass of nobodies!real world mods must be impssible when so many people will disagree but i actually find myself nitpicking & checking stats that are already done :-D top work tag & a work in progress is progressing well :-D

Version 2.1 is up. Actually a large update as I have been tweaking a lot of balance stuff. I gave most promotions more money so they don't go under right away. Also made UFC Fight Pass more profitable. Updated some of the facepack and fight histories. I also updated the recovery and preparation stats for a lot of fighters to make them take fights faster.

The biggest issue I came across that bothered me was so many debuting fighters going a year or two without taking a fight. After doing a lot of watcher games what I noticed is that outside of the US it really wasn't an issue. Two years into most games, there are only 20-30 free agents in each region other than the US, and basically every unsigned fighter in those regions were getting booked on small shows when healthy. The issue with the US is that there are just far more fighters than there are a need for them in U.S. promotions. Long term I'm going to try and trim more US fighters out from the bottom ranks, but to alleviate it now I've also added two new U.S. promotions: CES MMA and Legacy FC. I will probably add one more soon.

Future plans include further fleshing out the UK scene. I also am going to spend more time going through the rest of the fighters that I haven't updated since WMMA3. Longer term I am going to do a deeper review of Japan, Europe and South American promotions, teams and prospects. I also have several hundred uncut hi res pictures to eventually turn into free pictures. My goal for that is to have 300+ mens face and body photos and 200+ womens.

Linky:

https://www.mediafire.com/?y1ls24awepfuqn6

Marloes Coenen is listed as Norwegien when she should be Dutch.

Julio Cesar Neves is listed as a Light Heavyweight in his Bellator MMA contract when he should be a Featherweight.

Joey Beltran should be a Light Heavyweight when he is listed as a Heavyweight in his Bellator MMA contract.

Brent Weedman should be a Welterweight when he is listed as a lightweight for Bellator MMA.

Have u ever considered using renders as free pics?saves on using regens & easy 2 spot the newer fighters it would basically fill in the free pics & it far better than the blank pics as new fighters

Nah not using renders.

Nah not using renders.

Yeah, I think renders would be weird mixed in with real people. Not a bad suggestion, just wouldn't look right. Plus there are plenty of boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers, jiu jitsu practitioners, etc. that can be used to fill the free pictures.

Thanks for your help everyone, I have solved the issue!

I accidentally coped over a folder that the game doesn't recognize, which was what was causing the issue...

Love the mod, Tag! :D

What did you have to do to fix this? I'm encountering the same issue and can't figure it out.

Quick question

I have noticed that it seems all of the fighters stats are apparently scaled to the weight, with small fighters have high power and durability, large fighters having high speed and conditioning. Does the game actually function that way? Lets take fighter "A" from 145 lbs who walks around at about 165lbs and move him to the 170lb division and pit him against fighter "B" who walks around 190lbs but they have identical ratings. Will they, in game, have the same actual speed and strength? Or will all stats then be scaled by their fighting weight? If it is the same, then these stats make 0 senses. :)

I have noticed that it seems all of the fighters stats are apparently scaled to the weight, with small fighters have high power and durability, large fighters having high speed and conditioning. Does the game actually function that way? Lets take fighter "A" from 145 lbs who walks around at about 165lbs and move him to the 170lb division and pit him against fighter "B" who walks around 190lbs but they have identical ratings. Will they, in game, have the same actual speed and strength? Or will all stats then be scaled by their fighting weight? If it is the same, then these stats make 0 senses. :)

I don't think you know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure because your post is so unclear. :)

Been a while since I've been about, snowed under starting up my own business. Upside is I will begin fleshing out the UK scene some more this weekend. I included the UK's Top 30 Flyweights, along with all Cage Warriors stars as it was almost pointless to book before, this time I'll put focus on the missing guys from Cage Warriors. Update fight records some more (I did a HELL of a lot of BAMMA, CWFC and UCMMA's last time), add their new TV deals and overhaul UCMMA completely.

Just bear with us, both me and Tag spend days doing this stuff and I don't even own WMMA4 yet haha.

If anyone wants to send me the "these guys are retired" list, I'll verify it if Tag is snowed under. A lot of guys just take hiatus' (i.e. Dean Lister recently returned after years out)

Archived