The Return of T-Zone (HYPE)

Edit: Just a little note on the suggestions of promotions, maybe for the future they could be considered as I am always open to suggestions. Inter-Species wrestling as a side note is a promotion I love but much like CHIKARA there are a lot of workers pulling double duty and the like so it can be hard although I love what Mike Rotch has done there and will certainly look to add them at some point.

I always hated Chikara because the damn masks and people pulling double duty. I think its maybe more obvious now (with the Ants being glaring examples) but it shows how much double duty has probably happened for years with them.

The one thing I tried to do, is track down who is who in Chikara through facebook. Sadly through that method I could only get RB Banks (Missile Assault Ant). Not sure if you ever looked at my chronicles update data, but there is some Chikara stuff in there with alter egos that might help. What really seems to be an issue now is most of the randoms that popped up in the Wrestling Is... promotions during Chikara's hiatus are pretty much all established guys under new/different hoods. And to complicate it more, eventually old gimmicks may be recycled onto new workers or Factory graduates, like Jervis was originally a Vin Gerard alter ego. So things like the Boar of Moldova, who at one point was maybe Hallowicked I think, might be someone else now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest as I personally like to play as CHIKARA, apart from the known or obvious ones I just put the workers in the data, like the ice creams used to be Quack and Wicked they say but now Quack is retired nobody knows who the ice creams are so for now they are seperate entities. This is done mainly to ensure I can play hassle free as CHIKARA as they are a promotion I enjoy playing as.

Jervis was originally TJ Cain, then Vin Gerard and I heard somewhere that there was one time that Jagged actually played the role. As far as I know the Jervis on the roster now is a new student so he stays in etc.

CHIKARA wise aside from RB Banks, Leslie Butterscotch, Archibald Peck, Drew Gulak and Orange Cassidy there are not many that can be pinned down. For example Lucky has played numerous characters in the past and could be playing one now but it cannot be said 100%. I would honestly leave CHIKARA out for the all the duplicated that could possibly be in if it was not for my own love for the promotion.

To be honest as I personally like to play as CHIKARA, apart from the known or obvious ones I just put the workers in the data, like the ice creams used to be Quack and Wicked they say but now Quack is retired nobody knows who the ice creams are so for now they are seperate entities. This is done mainly to ensure I can play hassle free as CHIKARA as they are a promotion I enjoy playing as.

Jervis was originally TJ Cain, then Vin Gerard and I heard somewhere that there was one time that Jagged actually played the role. As far as I know the Jervis on the roster now is a new student so he stays in etc.

CHIKARA wise aside from RB Banks, Leslie Butterscotch, Archibald Peck, Drew Gulak and Orange Cassidy there are not many that can be pinned down. For example Lucky has played numerous characters in the past and could be playing one now but it cannot be said 100%. I would honestly leave CHIKARA out for the all the duplicated that could possibly be in if it was not for my own love for the promotion.

Is Archie under a new mask now? He hasnt really been super active anywhere in 2015 (I think only like 1-2 matches or something), and it never occurred to me he might be under a new mask until right now.

I too enjoy a good Chikara game. I almost always end up going through and trying to make semi-educated guesses as too some gimmicks, like using Vin or Lucky as the Ice Creams or Bloc Party or whatever.

I do know Thunderfrog was Icarus. And I always assumed alot of the killed off characters were going to be reintroduced with new gimmicks.

Is Archie under a new mask now? He hasnt really been super active anywhere in 2015 (I think only like 1-2 matches or something), and it never occurred to me he might be under a new mask until right now.

Not since Latvian Proud Oak as far as I know, think he is just gone from CHIKARA for now.

After a long hiatus from the TEW game certain life events have gave me much more free time again. As a result of that I am getting back in to the modding game. The original base data it will be based off is the February Mr. Canada data but already a lot of things have changed in terms of revamping popularity for starters as well as changing certain workers and also adding extra promotions/workers etc. so it will be virtually unrecognisable from what it was hopefully.

Much like Mr. Canada himself I make data primarily for myself so stats and such are always subjective but here is an early list of the promotions I am planning on having in the first release (No release date yet as depends how fast things get done) although I am open to suggestions.

Just a note in other areas, some promotions such as IWA Mid South are very difficult to pin down referees etc so for game realism for the moment PJ Drummond for example will be added to them so they have a referee at all. Making sure every promotion has a referee from the start etc. for realism.

Confirmed in Bold/Others Tentatively Planned

United States

AAW: Professional Wrestling Redefined

Absolute Intense Wrestling

Beyond Wrestling

Chaotic Wrestling

CHIKARA

Combat Zone Wrestling

EVOLVE Wrestling

Family Wrestling Entertainment

Full Impact Pro

IWA: Mid South

Lucha Underground

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

Queens of Combat

Ring of Honor

SHIMMER Women's Athletes

SHINE Wrestling

Squared Circle Wrestling

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

WWE

WWE NXT

Canada

Capital City Championship Combat

International Wrestling Syndicate

Mexico

Asistencia Asesoria Y Administracion

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre

Desastre Total Ultraviolento

British Isles

4 Front Wrestling

All-Star Wrestling

Bellatrix Female Warriors

Insane Championship Wrestling

International Pro Wrestling: UK

New Generation Wrestling

Preston City Wrestling

PROGRESS Wrestling

Revolution Pro Wrestling

SWA: ZERO1 Scotland

Japan

All Japan Pro-Wrestling

Big Japan Pro Wrestling

DDT Pro-Wrestling

Dragon-Gate Pro-Wrestling

Ice Ribbon

JWP Joshi Puroresu

Kaientai Dojo

Michinoku Pro-Wrestling

New Japan Pro-Wrestling

Osaka Pro-Wrestling

Pro Wrestling ZERO1

Pro-Wrestling NOAH

REINA

SENDAI Girls Pro-Wrestling

World Woman Pro-Wrestling Diana

Wrestle-1

Europe

Westside Xtreme Wrestling

Australia

Pro Wrestling Australia

So as mentioned any thoughts on any different promotions to add or anyone who feels they could help with certain promotions etc. are welcomed. I will keep people updated on progress in this thread as time goes on.

Welcome back old timer, I remember you from back in the day and always enjoyed your work. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

forlan, just curious what types of dojos you are including? I assume most big active big ones with more then a handful of notable graduates would be in, but are you including old/defunct gyms just to help fill the world out?

I am doing a mixture of both to be honest, the list at the moment is

2cw Institute of Professional Wrestling

4FW Academy

AIW Wrestling School

AJPW Dojo

All Japan Women Dojo

All Star Wrestling School

Animal Hamiguchi Gym

Battle Arts Academy

Big Japan Dojo

Big Vito's Wrestling Academy

Black and Brave Wrestling Academy

Body Slam University

Can-Am Wrestling School

CHIKARA Wrestlefactory

CMLL Wrestling School

Create a Pro Wrestling Academy

CZW Pro Wrestling Academy

Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling Dojo

Dropkixx Academy

Free Style Wrestling: World League

FUNAKI Dojo

Futureshock Wrestling School

FWA Academy

Glasgow Pro Wrestling Asylum

Harley Race's Wrestling Academy

Hart Family Dungeon

House of Pain Wrestling Academy

House of Truth Wrestling School

Ice Ribbon Dojo

IPW:UK Training Centre

Johnny Moss School of Wrestling

Kaientai Dojo

Killer Kowalski's Wrestling School

KnokX Pro Academy

Les Thatcher's Main Event Wrestling

London School of Lucha Libre

M1W 101 Wrestling School

New England Pro Wrestling Academy

New Japan Dojo

NGW Wrestling Academy

NWA UK Hammerlock Wrestling School

NYWC Training Academy

Osaka Pro Dojo

OVW Wrestling School

PBW Academy

Pro Wrestling NOAH Dojo

PROJO

Ring of Honor Dojo

RPW School of Wrestling

School of Roc Wrestling Academy

Shimmer Wrestling Academy

Steel Dominion

Storm Wrestling Academy

SWA: Source Wrestling School

Team 3D Academy

Team Vision Dojo

Texas Wrestling Academy

The Funking Conservatory

Toryumon Dojo

WAW/Bellatrix Wrestling Academy

WCW Power Plant

Westside Dojo

Wild Samoan Training Center

Wild Samoan Training Facility

World of Unpredictable Wrestling

Wright Stuff Pro Wrestling School

WWE Performance Center

ZERO1 Dojo

Just a little update on this, been a bit sidetracked the last few days so have not done a great deal, current worker count is 1902.

The promotions with rosters still yet to be fully complete are

IPW:UK

RPW

SWA

wXw

ICW

ICe Ribbon

JWP

MPW

REINA

K-Dojo

Osaka Pro

SENDAI

Diana

FREEDOMS

IGF

Once I manage to get these done the next thing will be making sure all companies have titles, events and the venues they run on a regular basis in the game. Then the small job of cutting probablies about 600 or so new pictures to make sure everyone will have a picture.

Speaking of Inter-Species Wrestling, the ISW tag team titles changed hands at Hoodslam Entertania III. Tremendous Investigation Inc. lost (and later regained) the ISW Tag Team titles against the Stoner Brothers (aka T-Rent and D-Unit, The Suburban Commandos).

"You guys are having way too much fun" -MVP to some of the workers after a match at Hoodslam. ;)

Yes this is still going ahead..hopefully some time the back end of this month for a release, got things on for the next week or so but after that I have a clear week so should be able to get quite a lot done. At the moment I am working through title histories

Yes this is still going ahead..hopefully some time the back end of this month for a release, got things on for the next week or so but after that I have a clear week so should be able to get quite a lot done. At the moment I am working through title histories

Great! I look forward to it!

Thanks for your hard work, it's appreciated!

Yo Forlan, how's the update coming along? eagerly anticipating this update!

Been waiting for an up to date database since before WM to start a long term save! Just a few quick questions...

- What will your database do with part-timers and legends, eg, HHH, undertaker, Hogan, Flair etc? as some people release them to stop them performing n stuff

- will NXT be up to date with correct commentators, interviewers, authority figures etc?

- what pictures will you be using alongside your database? (Blue/pink,orange,grey stadium typed background)

- will Ronda Rousey be included?

Thanks for your work!

Hi Danko,

He is away on holiday at the moment though is back today I think (not 100%)

I can answer a couple of these for you though:

- What will your database do with part-timers and legends, eg, HHH, undertaker, Hogan, Flair etc? as some people release them to stop them performing n stuff - Not 100%

- will NXT be up to date with correct commentators, interviewers, authority figures etc? - As up to date as he physically can get it at time of release

- what pictures will you be using alongside your database? (Blue/pink,orange,grey stadium typed background) - A lot will be made from scratch on the blue/pink background

- will Ronda Rousey be included? - Definitely

I have now returned from my holidays which took a little longer than expected and over the next couple of days once I get recovered I will be looking at getting back to work on this. In answer to your questions..people like Taker etc. will be within the promotion as a semi active worker as that is how I prefer things myself. NXT will be as up to date as I can get it, the pictures will be on the blue/pink background as outlined by Powerful_Fox in the post above. Ronda Rousey will be included as a non wrestler yes.

I have now returned from my holidays which took a little longer than expected and over the next couple of days once I get recovered I will be looking at getting back to work on this. In answer to your questions..people like Taker etc. will be within the promotion as a semi active worker as that is how I prefer things myself. NXT will be as up to date as I can get it, the pictures will be on the blue/pink background as outlined by Powerful_Fox in the post above. Ronda Rousey will be included as a non wrestler yes.

Thanks for answering all my questions Forlan!

Looking forward to the release. Still haven't started a proper save yet, waiting for a decent recent update!

Archived