[Possible Mod Hype] 1993: The Young Guns

I think I'm setting a record for posting as now I'm quadruple posting. :p

Anyway, I have ECW almost finished based on the roster that's posted on wrestlingdata.com. I didn't include Kerry Von Erich or Davey Boy Smith since they only worked on match for them and neither were really ECW stalwarts. Just have to get the title histories together and I'll have NWA ECW finished. Right now, there's really no rhyme or reason as to the order I'm completing work on companies, just working as I go.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realized another cool thing about 1993 is the beginning of AAA's golden years.

Getting to book the first ever Triplemania is going to rule. Booking Konnan, Perro Aquayo, Octagon, and El Hijo del Santo at their most popular is going to be so much fun.

Just realized another cool thing about 1993 is the beginning of AAA's golden years.

Getting to book the first ever Triplemania is going to rule. Booking Konnan, Perro Aquayo, Octagon, and El Hijo del Santo at their most popular is going to be so much fun.

Note to self: get Jaysin to look over and make sure that AAA's roster is accurate. :D

Note to self: get Jaysin to look over and make sure that AAA's roster is accurate. :D

Just a note: In a few weeks I'll be moving in a few weeks and won't have internet. So if it's after the 11th, I may not be as helpful as I thought originally. Not sure when I'll have internet again after that.

• 2 weeks later...
Still uber excited for this one. '93 is such a strange year for wrestling.

1993 is probably my favourite year to create a diary for even though 92 was my favourite year overall. I'm actually doing a watch through of both WCW and WWF for 1992 in order to get ready for when this mod comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
When this thing drops, my WWF is going to see this backstage group toooootally become an on screen stable.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/undertaker-bone-street-krew-bsk-history-28197200

A guy on EWB did a diary featuring this group...only it was set in 1996 and was the alternative NWO.

Have I mentioned how excited I am for this damn thing to be finished. Because I am. Outside of 1992 and possibly 1989, it's probably the best time frame for a mod.

Just an update that Jaysin is just about done with putting AAA together. Now, with that said, I am mulling over my options with the pending release of TEW 2016. I am considering continuing my work on this mod, and releasing it for 2013, then converting it to 2016 and do an update that would take advantage of the new features. But if everyone is going to migrate over to 2016, then maybe it would be best if I convert what I have done so far to 2016, and finish the project from there. I'm also considering doing either a "final" update for Risky Business (1985) for 2013, or saving the next update for 2016. Same for Main Event (1988).

Just an update that Jaysin is just about done with putting AAA together. Now, with that said, I am mulling over my options with the pending release of TEW 2016. I am considering continuing my work on this mod, and releasing it for 2013, then converting it to 2016 and do an update that would take advantage of the new features. But if everyone is going to migrate over to 2016, then maybe it would be best if I convert what I have done so far to 2016, and finish the project from there. I'm also considering doing either a "final" update for Risky Business (1985) for 2013, or saving the next update for 2016. Same for Main Event (1988).

As long as you have the motivation for it, I say stick with working on this until 2016 drops. That way, if you finish it before 2016 is released, converting it will only mean having to tinker with the new settings/features.

Just got back into TEW in the last month or so, but I can say that as soon as I saw this hype thread I was excited to see this when it cam out. I would love to see even some kind of beat release for 2013, but I understand and support whatever you guys decide!

Looking at the feedback and thinking about it, I think you guys are right in it being easier to go ahead and finish it on 2013, then just convert it for 2016 and release an updated version of it later with the new features on 2016 later on. So that's what I'll be doing. I'll also work on updating Risky Business and Main Event here on 2013, but wait till 2016 comes out and convert them, giving them the 2016 release treatment. They were my first two real fully fleshed mods (not counting my Dallas data as that was just an add-on), so I think it would only be fitting if those two are released first when I release mods for TEW 2016.

Looking at the feedback and thinking about it, I think you guys are right in it being easier to go ahead and finish it on 2013, then just convert it for 2016 and release an updated version of it later with the new features on 2016 later on. So that's what I'll be doing. I'll also work on updating Risky Business and Main Event here on 2013, but wait till 2016 comes out and convert them, giving them the 2016 release treatment. They were my first two real fully fleshed mods (not counting my Dallas data as that was just an add-on), so I think it would only be fitting if those two are released first when I release mods for TEW 2016.

If in 2016 they include the idea of a World Title in an Alliance it would be great for this mod. But, i think you should finish it for 2013. This might be as well my final game for TEW 2013.

Archived