DOTM: April 2015 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken and The Final Countdown for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. You may also substitute either your C-Verse nomination or Mod nomination for a second Monthly Spotlight nomination.

6. Monthly Spotlight Nominations cannot be substituted.

7. Please place a link to the diary you are nominating.

8. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

9. Non-Diary Threads are not eligible.

10. You may not nominate yourself

11. All nominations must include a reason

12. Nominations do NOT need a second. So, once a diary has been nominated PLEASE do NOT nominate it again!

13. No Rookie DOTM this month so everyone qualifies for Cornellverse/Mod DOTM as long as there is one show in the current month.

14. All nominations must be within the current forum (Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties).

15. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

16. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette, NoNeck, 20LEgend, michgcs and MJStark.

17. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

18. You may NOT nominate SWF: The Dark Age by Eisen-verse for Cornellverse DOTM

19. You may NOT nominate WCW '94: War of the Thrones by Beejus for Mod DOTM

20. You may NOT nominate WWF: The Golden Age...and beyond? by The Final Countdown for Monthly Spotlight DOTM

21. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominee's:

Monthly Spotlight Nominee's:

Nominations will be open until May 1st 2015 (6 am Pacific Time)

Okay, here are some guys who I think should be getting a bit more recognition lately. My Mod DOTM votes this month go to CPBHBK and RingRider for 1991 Storm Front: World Wrestling Federation and 1991 Storm Front: World Championship Wrestling, respectively. Their split game may not be very long term yet (they are only a month in-game - though that is actually pretty impressive for a split game, now that I think on it) but I love their write-up formats, and the PPV offerings they have given thus far (Royal Rumble and Clash of the Champions) were both full of surprises.

For my monthly spotlight, I'm going to offer up some praise to Darbicus and his From the Archives of WWE Network: The New Generation and his In Your House: Collision Course card. I personally find the monthly recap format to be a great idea, especially for this timeframe when you were lucky to find one or two big happenings on television per week and the rest was filler. I am currently watching 1995 on the WWE Network and good lord the filler.... anyways, Darbicus has been doing some pretty interesting things, and his PPV write-ups are fantastic, so that is my spotlight nomination this month.

Wow...ummm thanks. I'm glad that people are enjoying the diary, even after a month long absence.

For my Mod DOTM. I'd offer up Bad News Fryer's WWE 2004: Let the Worlds Collide. His shows have not completely veered off the beaten path, but have put some interesting twists that make me wonder where things are going.

I'll put more out as I think of them.

Wow...ummm thanks. I'm glad that people are enjoying the diary, even after a month long absence.

For my Mod DOTM. I'd offer up Bad News Fryer's WWE 2004: Let the Worlds Collide. His shows have not completely veered off the beaten path, but have put some interesting twists that make me wonder where things are going.

I'll put more out as I think of them.

Thanks alot Darbicus, I was not expecting to be nominated, it means quite a lot.

I would like to nominate TheLlyod's NOTBPW vs CGC for Connelverse Diary of the month, as he has managed to have people not familar with the Connelverse be able to follow the major characters in companies. http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530869

I would like to nominate RKOwnage's WWE 2004: The Hangover for Mod Diary of the month for his good storylines coming out of Survivor Series. http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525234

Thanks alot Darbicus, I was not expecting to be nominated, it means quite a lot.

I would like to nominate TheLlyod's NOTBPW vs CGC for Connelverse Diary of the month, as he has managed to have people not familar with the Connelverse be able to follow the major characters in companies. http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530869

I would like to nominate RKOwnage's WWE 2004: The Hangover for Mod Diary of the month for his good storylines coming out of Survivor Series. http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525234

Thanks! I just saw this now :)

I came here to nominate Lloyd's diary, damn. I'll be back when I decide the others.

For MOD Dynasty of the month I have to go with The Final Countdown's WWF: The Golden Age...and beyond?

This is a story world that I'm in love with and I've been more consistently engaged with this than I ever have in RL and that is truly saying something because I've been a fan of Pro Wrestling for more than 20 years. I never want this world to end!

For MOD Spotlight I got to give it up to October Raven's [Road To Glory] The Rise of William King this guy has managed to take William King to the top with an A match. I don't know of anyone who has the will to grind like he can and my hat goes off to him.

I came here to nominate Lloyd's diary, damn. I'll be back when I decide the others.

:D Awww fanks guys :D

I'm going to nominate WxRobbie's Midwest Championship Wrestling: Youth Movement for C-Verse DOTM. He provides a real unique take on format, storyline and presentation that is distinct on the board, and WxRobbie goes out of the way to flesh out the "game world", to the point where one would assume he has personal experience with it.

Thanks for this man! I really appreciate the love and can't wait to keep entertaining you readers!

First, want to thank Beejus for the nomination (alongside my partner CPBHBK). Pretty cool to be nominated.

Now, on to nominations:

For my C-Verse nomination, I'd like to nominate Occasional Z's Luchasaurus X: RRRAAAAAHHHHH!!! (C-Verse 2014) diary. This is a fun, light-hearted diary with some great characters and I'm excited to see it develop.

For my Monthly Spotlight, I'd like to nominate The Doctor's Swf 2015 diary. The Doctor's web browser format is one of the coolest things going on this board, and more people should be checking this one out.

And lastly, Mod nomination goes to lod619's Wrestling Review 83(RealWorld 1983) diary. This is a very different diary than anything else on the boards and I'm enjoying the unique presentation, highlighting shows from all around the country. Also, the incorporation of actual screen shots from TV from the era is original and sets the tone perfectly.

For MOD dotm, I want to nominate my old buddy Nobby_McDonald for Pro Wrestling but not quite as you know it...

His shows get better and better, and he has a GREAT roster in a company that has been running shows since may 2001 until January 2007 across 99 pages worth of events! :D It really is worth a look if you havent seen it before :D

Thanks Lloyd. People might need a bit of time to read 99 pages!

Yeh don't read them all, it's mostly garbage to be fair, but he's nice to me sometimes... :D

Nobby, I don't know what your talking about, everyone has to read 100 pages

That's more than Lloyd's IQ.

Way more!

Just came here to point out how fantastic this exchange is. :D

Archived