WWF: Stormbreaker (A Rising Storms Diary)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Challenge.jpg

Results and Happenings from this week's Wrestling Challenge

• Koko B. Ware returned to winning ways with a pinfall victory over ‘Iron’ Mike Sharpe in 5.44 (D-)
  • The Texas Tornado accepts The Mountie’s challenge and promises to blow him away at the Tribute to the Troops (D+)
  • Haku & The Barbarian laugh off the threats of the Rockers, Bobby Heenan tells the youngsters that the party’s nearly over for them ©
  • The Genius breezed past Brian Costello in 5.16 (D)
  • A music video promoting Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat airs (B-)
  • Power & Glory took 5.41 to smash their way through The Bushwhackers (D+)

Overall Show Grade: C-

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Superstars.jpg

WWF Superstars

February 15th 1991

Attendance: 7,035

Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon & 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Monsoon.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/McMahon.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Piper.jpg

In the back with Mean Gene:

The show opens with a smirking Mr. Perfect standing by with Mean Gene. Perfect is holding his well polished Intercontinental title close to the camera:

Perfect: Take a look Boss Man! Take a good look at MY Intercontinental because this is as close as you’re ever going to get to putting your hands on this belt! This Sunday at Tribute to the Troops, you’ll get the biggest opportunity of your pathetic career... too bad it’ll end the same as it always does for you: in failure!

Heenan: That’s right Boss Man, you’ve done well, better than I ever expected but on Sunday night, you’re gonna be left emulating your momma, lying on your back...

A disgusted Okerlund pulls the mic away from Heenan, and can be heard admonishing him as we head to ringside for our opening bout.

Grade: C+

The Dynamic Dudes vs Sgt. Slaughter & The Iron Sheik (w/ General Adnan)

In preparation for Sunday night’s main event, Sgt. Slaughter & The Iron Sheik tag together against one of the hottest new teams in the WWF. The Dynamic Dudes have been on a good run thus far, and while Slaughter & Sheik aren’t a regular team – they’re still one of the stiffest tests they’ve faced. Things aren’t helped any by General Adnan’s presence on the outside shouting encouragement to his compatriots while hurling abuse at the filthy infidel Dudes! The fast paced Dudes start strongly but experience tells Slaugher and Shiek to slow things down which they duly do. Surprisingly, despite his distractions outside, Adnan is not involved in the finish, The Iron Sheik catching a weary Johnny Ace in the middle of the ring with a camel clutch that forces him to quit.

Winners: Sgt. Slaughter & The Iron Sheik in 8.12

Grade: B-

Things turn from bad to worse for The Dynamic Dudes! As they lick their wounds and prepare to head to the back, their perfect record in tatters, they have little time to recover as Demolition hit the ring – Smash & Crush utterly destroy Douglas and Ace before they can be stopped by the road agents

Grade: D-

In a Pre-Recorded Interview:

Earthquake and Jimmy Hart explain to Davey Boy Smith that what he’s about to see is a clear message to one man: him! When they scrape Jimmy Snuka off the canvas in the next few minutes, take a good look and imagine what it’ll feel like as the power of the Natural Disaster drains through his broken body!

Jimmy ‘Superfly’ Snuka vs Earthquake (w/ Jimmy Hart)

A much closer match on paper than this proved to be in reality, Jimmy Snuka was out of his element against the gigantic Earthquake – who used his sheer size and power to dominate the Superfly for the bulk of the match – despite Snuka did mount a decent comeback in the second half of the bout only to have a flying crossbody attempt result in Earthquake catching Snuka in mid-air and powerslamming him... the sitdown splash a few seconds later put this one to bed as Earthquake picked up an easy, if still impressive, win.

Winner: Earthquake in 7.17

Grade: C

Backstage with Sean Mooney:

The Hart Foundation are preparing for an interview, along with Bret’s younger brother when Ted DiBiase bursts into the room... before either of the Harts or Neidhart can respond, DiBiase plucks the microphone from Mooney and tells him to back off.

DiBiase: Now listen up little men, I tried to be a reasonable businessman, I made you a fantastic offer and you threw it back in my face... well you had your chance... and that’s why on Sunday night, I’m not playing around anymore! Do you want to see what’s in store for you?!!

Before DiBiase can do anything else though, Owen steals the microphone from The Million Dollar Man!

Owen: Look Buster! You might think you’re all that but you listen to me and you listen to me good! You’re looking at the greatest tag team in the history of wrestling! You’re looking at the strongest and most physically aggressive wrestler in the business here – look at The Anvil! He fears nobody! You’re looking at The Excellence of Execution, the finest student ever to leave my father’s dungeon – Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart – there’s no hold on Earth that he doesn’t know how to escape from! And what have you got Mr. DiBiase? Bottomless pockets and a heart full of jealousy! You might as well give up because I don’t care who you’ve got on your side, you’re no match for the best!

DiBiase just laughs his maniacal laugh... from behind The Million Dollar Man steps The Undertaker and Paul Bearer!

Owen turns a peculiar colour and hides behind The Anvil, who himself looks unsure of what to do... Bret looks ready to fight but the other two pull him away and they back slowly out of shot, dropping the microphone on their way...

Paul Bearer picks up the microphone:

Bearer: Oooooooooohhhh Hart Foundation! This Sunday... your title reign will be left to...

Undertaker: Rest. In Peace.

Todd Champion vs Rick ‘The Model’ Martel:

Wasting absolutely no time in the ring, Rick ‘The Model’ Martel is quick to dispatch relative newcomer Todd Champion with a Boston Crab. The match is mostly notable for Martel furtively looking around as if in fear of Jake Roberts catching up with him! The announce team tell us that Martel will have nowhere to run this Sunday night!

Winner: Rick ‘The Model’ Martel in 3.04

Grade: D+

On Screen Graphic:

An eight-man tag team match for the Tribute to the Troops show is confirmed as The Dynamic Dudes will pair with the Legion of Doom against Mr Fuji’s two diabolical duos: The Orient Express & Demolition.

Grade: C-

In the Ring:

The commentary team are busy telling us that The Ultimate Warrior has come out to address the fans... he charges down to the ring with boundless energy, in the blink of an eye he’s in the ring, shaking the ropes and the crowd are going wild. Howard FInkel hands him a microphone and The Ultimate Warrior begins to talk:

Warrior: “Randy Macho King Savage! You call yourself a King but kings are not Gods! The Ultimate Warrior responds only to the commands of his Gods... not the begging of Kings like you... At the Royal Rumble Randy Savage, you came close to stealing the trinket that the Gods had set out as my destiny, the World Wrestling Federation Championship... YOU, Randy Savage, YOU stepped into my domain and you tried to take what was not deserving for you... I have spoken to my GODS, Randy Savage and they have listened to your whines, your pleas and your begging... At The Tribute to the Troops... a show dedicated to the brave men who go to war for what they believe in... I will give you a final opportunity to bow down before the Gods and tell them, tell the World why you deserve to be in the same ring as The Ultimate Warrior... Be in Hawaii on Sunday night Macho King, be there and come face to face with your destiny...

Grade: A

On Screen Graphic:

Sunday Night’s Main Event between the teams of Hulk Hogan & Jim Duggan against Sgt. Slaughter, The Iron Sheik & General Adnan is hyped

Grade: B+

Hulk Hogan & ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan vs. Power & Glory (w/ Slick):

In something of a tryout for Sunday’s match, Hulk Hogan & Jim Duggan are put through their paces in a tough match with Power & Glory. Most spectators were expecting some kind of Sgt. Slaughter interference but the commentary team informed us that he had already left the arena. Instead, it was down to Slick to try and swing things the way for his team, his machinations were ultimately fruitless though, Jim Duggan catching him cold trying to slip a foreign object to Hercules... The strongman paid the price, being nailed by a touchline clothesline and followed up with the Legdrop of Doom as Paul Roma looked on helplessly.

Winners: Hulk Hogan & ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan

Overall Show Grade: B

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/American.jpg

Results and Happenings from this week's All American Wrestling

• Tugboat picked up a victory over Barry Hardy in 4.03 (D+)
  • The Nasty Boys leave little doubt as to their hostile intentions for Tito Santana & Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine at Tribute to the Troops ©
  • The Rockers have one last verbal shot at The Barbarian & Haku, they promise that when the smoke clears, they will be standing tall and on their way to their shot at the WWF Tag Team Titles! (D+)
  • Haku & The Barbarian prepare to do their talking in the ring, taking Al Burke & Brian Costello down in 5.51 with stereo kicks to the chins of their opponents (C-)
  • ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan is a proud American and just as proud to call Hulk Hogan a friend, what are Slaughter, The Sheik and Adnan gonna do when America the Beautiful run wild on them? (B)
  • Ricky Steamboat’s return to the WWF is brought up again in a short music video (C+)
  • The Warlord puts Todd Champion out for the count with a full nelson in 3.12, a stern warning for Ricky Steamboat to take the challenge seriously (D-)
  • Demolition & The Orient Express give a short promo on what The Legion of Doom & The Dynamic Dudes can expect tomorrow night: Pain! (D+)
  • The Texas Tornado isn’t intimidated by The Mountie and with the proud people of Hawaii behind him, he’ll be certain to blow him over (C-)
  • The Big Boss Man proves that Boris Zhukov is no match for him with a virtual destruction in only 1.43 (D+)
  • Roddy Piper cuts an empassioned plea for Virgil to contact him – he’s getting worried and just wants to make sure he’s okay (A)
  • The Hart Foundation have recovered from the shock of The Undertaker being Ted DiBiase’s partner – they’ve faced tougher teams before, and they’ll face them again... as champions (B-)
  • Our surprisingly competitive main event sees Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts overcome a determined Dino Bravo with a lightning quick DDT in 9.58 (B)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Troops.jpg

The Tribute to the Troops – WWF’s Live Event for February 1991 – Live from Hawaii

Handicap Tag Team Match: Hulk Hogan & ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan vs. Sgt Slaughter, The Iron Sheik & General Adnan

WWF Intercontinental Championship: The Big Boss Man vs. Mr Perfect ©

WWF Tag Team Championship: The Hart Foundation © vs Ted DiBiase & The Undertaker

Special 4 vs 4 Tag Team Match: The Dynamic Dudes & The Legion of Doom vs The Orient Express & Demolition

Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts vs Rick ‘The Model’ Martel

The Texas Tornado vs The Mountie

Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat vs The Warlord

The Rockers vs Haku & The Barbarian

Tito Santana & Greg Valentine vs The Nasty Boys

The Dynamic Dudes & The Legion of Doom vs The Orient Express & Demolition

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Handicap Tag Team Match: Hulk Hogan & ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan vs. Sgt Slaughter, The Iron Sheik & General Adnan

WWF Tag Team Championship: The Hart Foundation © vs Ted DiBiase & The Undertaker

Special 4 vs 4 Tag Team Match: The Dynamic Dudes & The Legion of Doom vs The Orient Express & Demolition

Comments Actually contemplated putting the heels to win, but thought with it being Tribute to the Troops, the main event would probably have a face win

Can't see Perfect losing the belt this close to WM

Comments: Same reasoning as Perfect/Boss Man, my best guess is that Harts retain after Andre interferes, setting up the first match in the Streak

Comments: Think DD will take the loss here and that Demolition will return the favour at WM

Comments:The Snake's the real star in this one

Comments:Judging by your booking, I can quite easily see a rematch from SummerSlam '90 for the IC belt at WM, meaning that a win for Tornado would keep him strong

Comments:Hopefully Steamboat gets a WWF title shot in your dynasty

Comments:

Think you're doing a great job on this so far, really interested to see where you take it from here

WWF Tag Team Championship: The Hart Foundation © vs Ted DiBiase & His Partner (to be announced on next week’s Superstars)

One would think this is the time to give the heel faction a big win, when Duggan can take the loss for Hogan and then they build to Hulk vs Sarge at WM7. However, with the show being for the troops, I think Hogan and Duggan pick up the win, probably over Sheik or Adnan, and then Hulk goes after "the big fish" Slaughter at WM. Big "USA!" posing celebration to close the show and send everyone home happy.

To be honest, I kinda think that Bossman would be a good one to take the title here. However, the way that you've done things with Orndorff coming in makes me question where Traylor would go with the title, whereas Mr.P has Mr. Wonderful to deal with.

I can't see Ted and Taker grabbing the titles. Had it been DiBiase and a newcomer, then I could see it; but Undertaker has a much bigger path than this.

A win for the Orient would REALLY make the troops pissed at them. Fuji and his salt play a role here.

This one can last until Mania, Martel cheats for a win here.

Mountie is the new dog on campus, so he picks up a win here. Unless you've found a way to get Kerry out of his off-screen issues, I can't see him making it very far anywhere.

Not only a "debut" but also a native Hawaiian picking up a nice win to rally the fans.

Rockers rock their way to a win.

Should be a great show, can't wait to see it!

-The two most patriotic guys on the roster losing to the anti-American foreigners at Tribute to the Troops? I can't see it.

-I'm a big fan of the MDM/Taker pairing, as you may be aware. :D I don't see them as tag team champions though.

-I see Martel winning here cheaply, setting up the big blowoff at Mania.

-Mountie continues to build momentum.

-Ricky losing in his debut would be a waste, especially to a guy like Warlord.

-Future tag team champions?

-I like Tito and Greg as a veteran team, but the Nastys are taking this one.

Hoping to get T4 up relatively quickly - perhaps by the weekend:

In the meantime I'll respond to some of the comments:

Another good set of shows, it seems like you're really hitting a good stride on these. Do you have any plans on eventually bringing Raw into the formula? I am intrigued to see who DiBiase brings in as his partner for T4. The only person of major note that I don't yet see on the card is Earthquake, so he is my guess at this moment. Loved the "illegal wind farming" line for Mountie, and hey what's this; Brooklyn Brawler won a match?! Blasphemy! I like the pairing of Tito and Greg, it actually makes sense given their history that they would have a ton of respect for one another's abilities. The Nastys are capable, you can actually pull some decent match ratings out of them once in awhile, and Chico/Hammer should be able to do one. Can't wait to see what happens next week on Superstars!

Quite a few points in here I'd like to touch on! Ultimately, yes - I will be shaking up the TV format but as most of you know I'm a stickler for attempting authenticity and I don't think Vince would embark on such major changes to his schedules right now - whether the world is ready for RAW in 1991 remains to be seen though!

As for The Mountie, I'm enjoying writing Mountie up as my comedy midcarder right now, although he might get a more serious edge at some point - I think his making up 'crimes' is a natural evolution for the character that the Fed never took - lack of space on Superstars makes it hard to get him on the A show and my (deliberately) sparse write-ups for the B-shows makes it hard to convey it as much as I'd like!

Would you believe that the Brawler going over was a mistake in the booking sheet?! Poor Koko...

Finally, I really wanted Tito & Hammer to do something at this point and throwing them together seemed to make sense from a 'game' point of view - I just had to work out how to justify two massive rivals in RL suddenly putting things to the side without a huge reason, mutual respect is a little bit of a cop-out, it's true, but I think you can get away with it with veterans a little bit more - especially as they hadn't actually been feuding for the best part of 5 years at this point!

Same reasoning as Perfect/Boss Man, my best guess is that Harts retain after Andre interferes, setting up the first match in the Streak

Streak? What is this streak you speak of? The way you're talking, you'd think that Mark Calloway's going to stick with the WWF for the next 24 years... ;)

In all seriousness, much like TFC before me with his '87 diary... there are no guarantees that I'll follow The Streak... although I agree that Andre would've been a huge notch in The Taker's belt at this point... let's wait and see... ;)

A win for the Orient would REALLY make the troops pissed at them. Fuji and his salt play a role here.

Unless you've found a way to get Kerry out of his off-screen issues, I can't see him making it very far anywhere.

In fairness, there's a decent Japanese population in Hawaii - that's also the reason that Steamboat's making his re-debut in his home state - just to try and offset the racist stereotypes potentially offending the home crowd!

As for Kerry, he's been as good as gold... so far...

-Future tag team champions?

You never know... I can't remember reading a diary around here where The Rockers actually do make it to the top though... Marty tends to get himself canned before it can happen!

As for DiBiase and Taker, it makes sense in RL at this point too - DiBiase did bring him in as a surprise partner at the Survivor Series, only three months ago after all!

--

Thanks for all your predictions and comments guys, as always it's very much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

WWF Tribute to the Troops!

February 17th 1991

Attendance: 10,000 (SOLD OUT)

Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon & 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Monsoon.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/McMahon.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Piper.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Video.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Hogan.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Duggan.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Slaughter.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Sheik.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Adnan.jpg

An introductory video plays breaking down the recent escalation in tension and actions between Hulk Hogan & Sgt. Slaughter including Jim Duggan, General Adnan & The Iron Sheik’s various antics. The video ends with a still image of the American flag fluttering in the breeze and Hulk Hogan’s promise that at Tribute to the Troops, America would be standing tall.

Grade: B

The Legion of Doom & The Dynamic Dudes

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Hawk.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Animal.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Douglas.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Ace.jpg

vs

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Smash.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Crush.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Tanaka.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Kato.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerFuji.jpg

Demolition & The Orient Express (w/ Mr. Fuji)

Our opening contest is a mixture of brutality and athleticism as the four teams give it their all in a short but well formed match. The early going is dominated by The Legion of Doom – Hawk and Animal virtually taking apart both teams on their own, although it’s Animal who first begins to struggle thanks to Crush’s perseverance with a meaty bearhug slowing things down. The tag to Shane Douglas completely changes the complexion of the match and the big man is seemingly unable to contain the house on fire Douglas. Smash knows what to do though and pulls at Douglas’ mulleted locks from the outside, halting the momentum and allowing Crush to escape in place of Kato. After some control from Douglas, Kato manages to isolate Shane in the corner and, after some blatant cheating from the heels prompts a brief eight-man brawl, we’re left with the now legal Smash taking advantage of a cloud of Mr Fuji’s salt hitting Johnny Ace in the eyes by catching him with a vicious throat thrust and stealing the pinfall even as The Legion of Doom complain loudly that Ace wasn’t the legal man!

Winners: Demolition & The Orient Express in 10.36

Backstage with Mean Gene:

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerOkerlund.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Bossman.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Orndorff.jpg

Orndorff: I hope you were watching that Boob because that’s the closest you’re going to get to being able to impact on the outcome of this match coming up. You see unlike The Legion of Doom & The Dynamic Dudes, The Big Boss Man here has an insurance policy, a WONDERFUL insurance policy and you’re looking right at him. Mark my words Bobby Heenan, you’ve been in my business before too many times to let me stand back and let you have things your way – tonight, The Big Boss Man gets what he deserves... JUSTICE!

Boss Man: That’s right Paul because you see Bobby Heenan, one thing I’ve learnt over the past few weeks is the value of respect. You didn’t respect my momma, that’s why you’re in this mess tonight – there ain’t nothing you won’t stoop to, to keep this Intercontinental title so I’ve made sure I’ve got an equalizer in my corner, someone who can’t stand you almost as much as me! Don’t think this is over Brain... when I beat your boy in the centre of the ring and I take his prized Intercontinental title... don’t think this is over!

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerMooney.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Perfect.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Heenan.jpg

Heenan: So that’s the secret weapon? Washed-up Paul Orndorff is going to be in your corner? I’m soooo scared... see what you need to know Boss Man is that if there’s one thing you can trust, it’s that you shouldn’t trust Paul Orndorff... He’s a bigger snake than Jake Roberts and the only person I know who sells his services for cheaper... well... I hate to bring it back to this again... but it’s your momma...

Perfect: And let’s just wind this back and talk Wonderful for a minute because you keep running your mouth about me and how Wonderful is better than Perfect... I hate to break it to you old man, but your days are behind you – this is 1991 and this is the Perfect Time for me, the UNDISPUTED World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Champion to stake my claim as not only the Perfect champion, but the Greatest champion of all time. You are here from a bygone age but I’m glad you’re going to get a front row view tonight because you’re going to be able to see at close quarters what perfection truly is... and THAT’S wonderful...

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/wwfic.jpg

WWF Intercontinental Title Match

The Big Bossman (w/ ‘Mr Wonderful’ Paul Orndorff) vs Mr. Perfect © (w/Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Bossman.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerOrndorff.jpg vs http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Perfect.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerHeenan.jpg

After some brief stalling from Mr. Perfect this one gets underway as The Big Bossman catches Perfect with a strong clothesline. The force of the blow sends Perfect flying in the air and from that moment on, we’re witness to a brutal and high impact clash of styles. The crowd are firmly behind Bossman who, with the support of Paul Orndorff on the outside, is taking a lot of pent up frustration and aggression on Perfect... He didn’t win the Intercontinental title by sheer luck though, and he uses his speed and athletic advantage to continually move behind the on-rushing Bossman, who’s rage appears to be at risk of derailing him from the task at hand.

Caught with a beautiful standing drop kick from Mr Perfect, Bossman is propelled out of the ring where Paul Orndorff helps him to his feet. He takes the time to try and talk some sense into the big man while clearing the cobwebs. Returning to the fray, Bossman looks to rush at Perfect again, who simply sidesteps... but it was a ruse! Bossman had taken a false step to the right, prompting Perfect to leap to the side, and right into the corrected path that The Bossman had set on! He barrels Perfect into the corner and unloads with lefts and rights that prompt the referee to get involved. Pushing him out the way, Bossman returns to working on Perfect’s mid-section before receiving a warning from the referee.

The distraction is enough for Perfect to slip away and he receives some counselling of his own from Heenan... he attempts to slip a set of brass knuckles to his charge... but the Bossman’s Irish Whip sends them up in the air and land next to Heenan’s feet... as the Big Bossman delivers a sidewalk slam on Perfect, Heenan leaps on to the apron to distract the referee’s count! The Big Bossman makes to clear Heenan away... and with the referee out of position, Heenan cracks Bossman in the skull with the brass knuckles! The Bossman hits the deck like a stone just as Mr Perfect starts to come to!

Orndorff has chased around to Heenan’s side of the ring and pulls him back off the apron, his right fist connects with The Brain who himself drops to the floor! Even as the referee leaps outside to check on Heenan, Mr Perfect has got into a pinning position, he hooks the leg but the referee’s not in position! He clearly holds Bossman’s leg in place for over the three seconds and the frustrated Perfect is now hanging over the bottom rope looking to grab the referee’s attention... BANG! Paul Orndorff must’ve palmed the Brass Knuckles! He cracks Mr Perfect square in the head and he’s out cold! He rolls Perfect further into the ring and slaps Bossman in the face to wake him... with a semi-concious crawl the Big Bossman has thrown an arm over the dead to the world Mr Perfect as Paul Orndorff encourages the referee, who has helped Heenan back to his feet, to turn round... he dives back into the ring...

Heenan suddenly sees what’s going on and throws his hands up in despair!!!

3!!!

Winner and the NEW Intercontinental Champion: The Big Bossman in 13:39

Neither the crowd nor Bobby Heenan can believe what they’re seeing! The Big Bossman has been joined in the ring by Paul Orndorff who helps him to his feet and jams the Intercontinental title into his hands. Holding his head with one hand and his new title high in the air with the other, the unsteady Boss Man stops to pump his fist before the two leave, as Mr. Perfect finally starts to come round, a shellshocked Bobby Heenan left to look on.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Video.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Tito.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Valentine.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Knobbs.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Sags.jpg

We get a very brief highlights package of what’s lead to the unlikely team of Greg Valentine & Tito Santana joining forces to take on The Nasty Boys

Tito Santana & Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine vs. The Nasty Boys

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Tito.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Valentine.jpg vs http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Knobbs.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Sags.jpg

A recurrent theme tonight appears to be abject brutality, and certainly The Nasty Boys weren’t about to let that trend come to a conclusion! Knobbs and Sags seemed impervious to Tito’s honest attacks, instead going dirty and taking the cheap route continually, as Santana’s body is peppered with low blows and hair pulls, he finally manages to tag in ‘The Hammer’. Clearly a little more liberal with the rules, Valentine proves to be a stiffer challenge for both men, and an elbow driven into the head of Sags brings a close two count, against the odds. It’s a temporary wave of optimism for Valentine and Santana though because The Nasty Boys are quickly swarming The Hammer again, stopping him from being able to clear things. Tito joins in too, and the referee is quickly losing control!

Santana hits a flying forearm on Brian Knobbs that sends him out of the ring and, as the referee desperately tries to get things back on track, Knobbs re-enters the ring with a steel chair in his hands.

CRACK!

Santana goes down after a shot in the back with the chair! Even as Knobbs swings for Valentine, the referee is calling for the bell!

Winners: Tito Santana & Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine by Disqualification in 8.20

The match might be over, but the action’s not! Valentine, who had avoided the chair shot, has been taken down by Sags and is being beaten heavily! Knobbs stands over him and cracks him with the steel chair. With both Tito and The Hammer down and out, Knobbs and Sags leave the ring, cackling... their point clearly having been made!

Backstage with Gene Okerlund:

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerOkerlund.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Roberts.jpg

Roberts: Rick Martel... the moment of your destiny has arrived because you’re about to walk out into the Viper’s nest... straight into the mouth of the reptile... and there’s nothing in the world that can stop me from snapping you in two and taking you to the darkest place you’ve ever been – that’s where you left me Rick Martel... in the darkness... alone with nothing but my thoughts, the sounds of those around me – my family, my friends... All I could hear where their tears Rick Martel... tears of anguish and pain and those sounds have burned into my soul... I can taste your fear.... I can smell the anticipation... and finally, like the good lord, I can see again... and what I see in front of me Rick Martel is the end... Rick Martel tonight, we bring to a close this game, tonight we take you to bow down and beg for forgiveness... trust me...

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerMooney.jpg

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Martel.jpg

A highly anxious Rick Martel is looking furtively around, peering over his sunglasses as if he expects Jake Roberts to suddenly come after him.

Mooney: I’m with ‘The Model’ Rick Martel just moments before his big match with Jake ‘The Sna...

Martel: Shut up Mooney! Don’t you say that name, don’t dare say that name in front of me! That animal, that reptile doesn’t deserve to be spoken in my presence... I made a mistake Mooney, a simple mistake – I apologised, it wasn’t enough. I tried to show him that I was not someone to mess with, he still wouldn’t listen... and now I have to go to the ring with this madman!? Someone who blames me for everything that’s gone wrong in his life? Is that fair? I am a man... A beautiful man it’s true, but still a man... and I will do what all men would do in my circumstances: what they have to. Now get out of my way you disgusting little pig!

Martel storms off as Mooney shakes his head and sends us back to the commentary team.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Roberts.jpg vs http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Martel.jpg

This is one that the crowd here and the audience at home have been waiting for, for a long, long time! The commentators make mention of Martel’s apparent cowardice over the past few weeks including his shock elimination of ‘The Snake’ at the Royal Rumble after spending so long trying to escape! Certainly, Martel doesn’t look to be happy to be there, even as Jake simply stares at him impassively before the bout.

When the bell rings, Jake barely moves as Martel cautiously looks to go for a test of strength! Roberts smirks and stretches out his hand... only for Martel to boot Jake in the stomach and go straight in for a cheap shot to the jaw! Jake catches his fist though and twists the arm into an armlock behind his back! Martel screams in agony... but Jake simply tightens the hold further. Spinning Martel round, Jake connects with a short clothesline! As he waves his finger in the air to signal the DDT, the crowd are unhinged... but Martel is still too fresh and he nails Roberts with a blatant low blow! As the Snake drops to his knees, Martel is back on his feet and slaps Jake across the jaw! Martel isn’t hanging around and vaults over the top rope... even as Jake struggles back to his feet, Martel simply waves his arms in the air in disgust and turns away... as the referee counts down, Roberts can’t believe it! He still can’t get his hands on Martel!

Winners: Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts by Countout in 5.01

On-Screen Graphic:

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Steamboat.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Warlord.jpg

Our next match is advertised on screen as the announcers mention some of the other clashes still to come.

Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat vs The Warlord (w/Slick)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Steamboat.jpg vs http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Warlord.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerSlick.jpg

The hometown crowd are clearly pleased to see the return of Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat and he spends most of this bout pandering to the crowd, throwing them waves wherever he can. It very nearly proves to be his undoing though because as great as The Dragon is, and the commentary team were very keen for us to believe this, he very nearly walked himself into trouble but for some quick thinking footwork in the ring, Steamboat may have found himself locked in the full nelson! Instead, with Warlord struggling to lock the hold, Steamboat used the ring corner to get the momentum and leverage to push backwards and force the break. It was the one lone chance Warlord had, to catch Steamboat and try to break him, instead, a flying crossbody from the top sealed his fate as The Dragon returned to the WWF with a relatively straight forward victory.

Winner: Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat in 5.28

With the match over, Steamboat takes the time to go to each corner and celebrate for the fans – who are more than happy to cheer his victorious return.

The Rockers vs The Barbarian & Haku

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Michaels.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Jannetty.jpg vs http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Haku.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Barbarian.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerHeenan.jpg

A still shell-shocked Bobby Heenan accompanies The Barbarian & Haku to the ring but clearly wishes he was somewhere else. The Rockers, for their part, look anxious to try and make up for their loss last month to this team – and the apparently random beatings they have to take since. Shawn & Marty have been very vocal in stating their desire to be considered the next challengers to the WWF Tag Team Titles and set out to prove that their worthy of that accolade against one of the most dangerous teams in the division. Certainly, when Haku & The Barbarian are on top, they’re very much on top! Their power threatens to tear the youngsters limb from limb on more than one occasion – a particularly nasty clothesline from The Barbarian in particular very nearly left Shawn bouncing on his head... but The Rockers have learnt a lot in the last few weeks and they use their own advantage – that of incredible speed and seemingly telepathic linking to turn the tide, stereo dropkicks on The Barbarian dropping the big man and grabbing a close two count for Marty.

Haku proves a tough nut to crack though and after he catches Marty with a standing kick to the head, he was stunned when Shawn ran over and delivered one of his own! Outside the ring, Barbarian shakes Heenan to try and do something to turn the tide but Heenan simply shrugs and absent mindedly pulls away. The Barbarian should probably have been paying attention himself because Marty and Shawn have jumped on to the top corners and have just delivered a double Rocker Dropper on Haku!

3!!!

Marty Jannetty has covered Haku and picked up a huge victory for his team!

Winners: The Rockers in 13.28

The Barbarian helps Haku to his feet and talks closely to him, Haku looks round at Heenan who still looks like he couldn’t care less... as he turns to walk back with them, the two shake their heads and push him away! This seems to bring Heenan to his senses and he tries to talk sense into them... to no avail! Haku & The Barbarian want nothing to do with him it seems as they make their own way into the back, leaving Bobby Heenan standing on his own in the ring...

Backstage:

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Martel.jpg

Backstage, Rick ‘The Model’ Martel is creeping around looking backstage and gradually trying to make his escape... our camera crew follows him as he tries to shoo them away... but his lack of attention nearly brings disaster... because he walks around the corner straight into the eyeline of...

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Roberts.jpg

Jake Roberts! Jake The Snake lets out an audible shout and Martel stiffens immediately, without thinking, he turns around and sprints away with Roberts in hot pursuit! Our camera crew follows as Martel makes it to the car park and dives into his car... with Roberts hot on his heels, Martel screeches out of the car park and off into the night, leaving a frustrated Jake Roberts in his wake!

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Bret.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Neidhart.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Owen.jpg

Mooney: It’s nearly time for tonight’s HUGE tag team title championship match and I’m in the locker room of the champions, The Hart Foundation...

Owen: You’ve got that right Sean Mooney! You’re looking at the tag team champions of the world right here! The greatest team that is, was and ever will be – they’re not called the Hart Foundation for nothing! They’re the first building blocks of a destiny – a destiny that I intend to fulfil! You’ll see tonight, the whole world will see tonight that with Owen Hart in their corner, The Hart Foundations are only getting stronger and stronger, ha ha!

Bret looks a little phased at his brother’s attempt at hijacking their interview time but proceeds with good grace.

Bret: One thing’s for sure, Sean Mooney – even the bigget pile of money eventually runs out – Ted DiBiase we’ve done everything we’ve had to do – we’ve watched you buy opportunities you don’t deserve and we’re giving you everything that you should be getting from it because no matter how much money you spend, you can’t buy love and you can’t buy family. That’s what you’re up against tonight – a real family. Nothing gets in the way of a family, not money, not fear and not death so bring you’re best shot because the only thing your Undertaker is going to be burying is your head in your hands in defeat!

Neidhart: That’s right Hitman baby! Undertaker you’re a big boy! A really big boy... but I’m not afraid of stepping up to the likes of you! So bring everything you’ve got and pack your shovel because tonight, you’ll be the one who gets buried... mwaaaahhhha!

Owen slaps both men on the back as the trio head towards the ring.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/wwftag0.jpg

WWF Tag Team Title Match

The Hart Foundation © (w/ Owen Hart) vs Ted DiBiase & The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Bret.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Neidhart.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerOwen.jpg vs http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/DiBiase.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Undertaker.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerBearer.jpg

Before the match can begin, the cameras reveal that the shell-shocked Bobby Heenan is sitting next to the announce team, although he’s not wearing a headset and has no part to play in the match. And what a match it is! After the strong technical masterclass put on by Ted DiBiase and Bret Hart at the Royal Rumble, the crowd are in eager anticipation for a repeat, but they have to wait for Bret facing off with The Undertaker first! While Jim Neidhart was doing the trashtalking before hand, he leaves it to The Hitman to face off with DiBiase’s monster first! Bret, although willing and tenacious is clearly out of his depth against Undertaker – who slowly but savagely beats down on the tag team champion. At Owen’s insistence, Neidhart breaks into the ring to stop an early Tombstone attempt – things are not looking good for the tag champs and Ted DibIase makes sure that Roddy Piper knows it – from his vantage point on the apron, he shouts over at Roddy Piper telling him that this is what happens to people who cross The Million Dollar Man! The distraction is enough to allow Bret to escape but not enough for Neidhart to get out of Dodge in time! A chokeslam on the group’s enforcer leaving him struggling for air...even as Bret Hart tries to recover his own senses, Ted DiBiase has taken the opportunity to tag himself in and he gloats at Bret Hart that this time things will be very different... and sure enough, while at the Rumble, Hart gave everything as good as he got it, DiBiase here enjoys much more in the way of domination – slowly and meticulously picking The Hitman apart.

With Owen banging on the canvas outside, DiBiase has Hart in a Million Dollar Dream and even as Roddy Piper bemoans this turn of events on commentary, Bret shows he has other ideas... grasping DiBiase’s head, Hart throws himself down on his bottom, and jams The Million Dollar Man’s chin into his own shoulder, the force breaks the hold and seems to stun DiBiase... slowly The HItman crawls to his own corner... even as the now legal Undertaker stalks after him... the fingertips reach out... but no! The Undertaker drags The Hitman back towards him, Hart is ready though and uses his last ounce of strength to kick the deadman away... he turns back to the crawl... and makes the tag!

The crowd erupts as Jim Neidhart bursts into the ring, knocking The Undertaker down with a running tackle. Even as he plays to the crowd, The Undertaker has sat upright behind his back! He turns to fight and finds The Undertaker with a firm hand around his throat... a huge chokeslam leaves Neidhart down and Bearer is calling for the Tombstone piledriver!

BANG! The Undertaker has driven Jim Neidhart’s head into the urn... and the referee can’t see it through the Undertaker’s knees! Roddy Piper is incensed and has left the announce table! He sprints over to DiBiase and pulls him off the apron, with a wild right hand, DiBiase hits the ground, before Piper drops to the floor in an attempt to avoid the referee’s line of sight! The referee meanwhile has been distracted by Owen Hart who is desperately trying to break-up The Undertaker’s attempt at a pinfall... He grabs at the younger Hart and threatens to pull him into the ring... but he’s missed The Hitman dragging Neidhart back into the corner and making the tag on his semi-conscious partner! The Hitman hits the opposite rope and delivers a flying clothesline on The Undertaker!

He goes down heavily!

NO!

Undertaker kicks out with authority, but The Hitman has jumped on to the second rope and catches him with a perfect placed fist to the temple... Undertaker is reeling and instinctively reaches out for a tag to the dishevelled Ted DiBiase... Hart pounces immediately, using the rope to catapault Ted into the ring and leaving him prostate on his back... Hart grabs at DiBiase’s leg... and puts him a single-legged crab... Gorilla Monsoon calls it a Sharpshooter and Ted DiBiase has no option but to submit!!!

Winners and still Tag Team Champions: The Hart Foundation in 23:29

After a hard fought battle, Owen Hart is quick to grab his stablemates and get them out of the ring quickly before anything can go wrong! As DiBiase picks himself up, furiously he shouts at The Undertaker to grab Piper... The Scotsman had returned to his position at commentary and is ready to fight... but even fatigued, The Undertaker is still not someone to mess with and he quickly has Piper bundled into the ring... the two men put the boots to him as Vince McMahon asks for help from the back...

DiBiase has Paul Bearer’s urn and rolls it into the path of The Undertaker’s Tombstone! Piper’s head bounces off the urn as he’s tombstoned in the centre of the ring... Undetaker grabs Piper and looks to do it again... but help is on the way...

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Andre.jpg

IT’S THE GIANT! ANDRE IS MAKING HIS WAY DOWN TO THE RING! The crowd are on the edge of their seats as The Eighth Wonder of the World comes down the aisle and gets into the ring!

It’s too late though! Piper has been driven into the urn again and is out cold! Time seems to slow down until, like two massive elephants, these two throw punches at each other simultaneously! The crowd are in rapture as the two behemoths exchange shots... as the chaos reigns in the ring, a squad of road agents hit the ring to break things up before paramedics take Roddy Piper away.

On-Screen Graphic:

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Hogan.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Duggan.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Slaughter.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Sheik.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Adnan.jpg

We’re reminded of tonight’s main event and that it will be coming shortly... After the graphic, Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan appears to have comeback to life and has taken over from Roddy Piper on commentary. He refuses to be drawn on talking about himself and just wants to get on with commentating to take his mind off things.

’The Texas Tornado’ Kerry Von Erich vs The Mountie (w/ Jimmy Hart)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Kerry.jpg vs http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Mountie.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/ManagerHart.jpg

After the excitement of the last match and before the anticipation of the main event, the crowd get firmly behind The Texas Tornado’s attempts to “blow away” The Mountie. Using every dirty trick in the book, Jimmy Hart’s man doesn’t let the Tornado find his stride at any point, and to end an overall disappointing match, The Mountie’s cattle prod is utilised to shock The Tornado and grab the victory with a weak looking pinfall.

Winner: The Mountie in 6.21

In The Ring:

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/McMahon.jpg

Vince McMahon enters the ring after The Mountie leaves with a microphone in hand. Wasting no time at all, he introduces the World Wrestling Federation Champion... The Ultimate Warrior!

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Warrior.jpg

The building erupts as The Warrior’s music kicks in and the wild one is sprinting his way down to the ring! He bounds around the four corners before sliding into the ring and showboating for the crowd... He pulls at the ropes before shaking them vigorously to the delight of the crowd...

As The Warrior paces backwards and forwards, McMahon announces ‘Macho King’ Randy Savage

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Savage.jpg

To the sound of ‘Pomp and Circumstance’ Randy Savage makes his way out to the ring unaccompanied by Sensational Sherri – which prompts some debate from Gorilla as to where she can be.

Savage’s entry to the ring is with clear trepidation as he eyes The Warrior suspiciously. He eventually gets in and after a brief spin and point in the air, the finger is pointed directly at The Warrior! Warrior doesn’t take kindly to this and quickly comes nose to nose with Savage as McMahon pleads for calm!

Both men look ready to fight but McMahon tells them that both men have requested this meeting to thrash out their differences so they shouldn’t waste it.

The two simply ignore him though and continue staring into one another’s eyes, any fear in Savage has been replaced by madness and anger, the crowd are willing the two to fight but neither has flinched from the other – the message is clear, both want to be the ones who finish, not start the fight...

After two full minutes of the staredown, McMahon tries again to get between the two but he’s shrugged off as Warrior begins to shake... he jogs on the spot pulling in the power of his little warriors while Savage looks crazily from side to side as if searching for permission from the audience to start brawling...

Just as things are about to kick off...

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Sherri.jpg

Sensational Sherri makes her appearance! She runs to the ring and pulls Savage back from the Warrior, and he almost seems entranced, she pulls at his face and can be heard saying “Remember Randy, remember!”

Warrior for his part has stopped his war dance but doesn’t take his eyes away from the two...

Sherri grabs at McMahon’s arm and pulls the microphone to her mouth...

Sherri: Ultimate Warrior... I know you’re angry! I know that you want revenge for what the Macho King has done to you! And you’re right! We’ve gone too far! We’ve attacked you from behind... we’ve risked everything that you hold dear just to get what we want... but look at us Ultimate Warrior... and look inside yourself... you want this too! You can feel the Power of the Madness! You can feel it’s draw! You want to look into the darkness and face your greatest fears... We understand you Ultimate Warrior! We get you more than anyone else in the entire world! This is what drives you! Defeating the demons of your own madness that we represent!

We are inside your head Ultimate Warrior! You can try to deny it and turn away but every time you look in the mirror, you can see the eyes of the Macho King looking back at you! When you close your eyes at night, all you can see is his face! Deep down you fear that you’re not powerful enough to defeat the Macho King... you’re afraid of the places that he will take you... of what will happen if you succumb to the madness... You must overcome that fear Ultimate Warrior... not for us! Not for You! But for those little Warriors in the crowd here tonight, for those ones at home... if you don’t stand up to the madness what kind of message are you sending them? Is that to be your legacy Ultimate Warrior? Fear of the darkness inside your own heart? Of the madness in your mind?

You’re a brave man, Ultimate Warrior... you’re a strong man... strong men do the right thing... a strong man would face the Macho King... there are some people here... some people think that you’re not as brave as Hulk Hogan...

At this The Warrior comes to life and seems enraged at the slur! He stalks towards Sherri and she hurriedly continues...

Sherri: But I don’t Ultimate Warrior! I know you’re just as brave as the Hulkster... he looked into the heart of madness and he survived... you can too, Ultimate Warrior! You can overcome the madness.... and if you don’t then at least you’ll have joined your gods in a true sacrifice... you have to save your little warriors from the Madness, Ultimate Warrior... you have to protect them... you have to agree to face The Macho King... you have to put that WWF Title on the line... your very soul on the line and face the Macho King at Wrestlemania.. What say you Warrior?!! What say you?!

Warrior is starting to shake again and Savage has now started pacing backwards and forwards behind Sherri, he tries to take the microphone a few times but Sherri keeps moving out of his grasp. Finally, and suddenly, Warrior moves towards Sherri and pulls the microphone out of her hand... almost instinctively she stops Randy Savage from attacking the Warrior by placing herself in the way of the two...

Warrior is shaking violently with the microphone in his hand as he bellows:

Warrior: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

The crowd erupts as a delighted Sherri beams in sheer joy... Savage though isn’t wasting any time and he blindsides Warrior with a stiff right! With a stomp and a kick, Warrior is down and Sherri has now changed her tune, she’s screaming at Macho to hurt him, to break him! Warrior though is far from beaten and he quickly gets back to his feet... seeing how the wind is blowing, Savage wastes no time in leaping over the top rope and escaping as Warrior shakes the ropes again and poses for the crowd while the announcers, rejoined by Vince, excitedly talk about our Wrestlemania Main Event!

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Slaughter.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Sheik.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Adnan.jpg

Mooney: After that huge Wrestlemania announcement, I’m standing by with a man who could quite easily have been headlining that show himself, Sgt Slaughter.

Slaughter: You shut your mouth Sean Mooney! That Ultimate Puke is lucky to still have that belt and just like I promised Randy Savage the first title shot if I beat that maggot at the Royal Rumble, I expect him to honour the same deal... and if, somehow the Ultimate Puke manages to hold on to his belt... then he’ll be next to face my Corps... right after I’m done making an example of you Hulk Hogan and you Jim Duggan... you two maggots have been waving around that traitor’s flag for too long... you don’t know what it means anymore, just like the jokers in the White House who’ve dragged the country of my birth through the dirt... well Saddam Hussein is a man to believe in! He’s a man that can make the world, that can make America realise the mistakes she’s made... just like the mistakes you’ve made Hulk Hogan... getting in MY business... standing in MY way... that’s a mistake you’re going to regret Hulk Hogan and it starts tonight when me, The Iron Sheik & General Adnan strike a decisive victory in the war for freedom of speech and the war that stands in the way of MY World Wrestling Federation title! You will beg for mercy Hogan, you will bow down before me and the mighty Iraqi glory

And that’s an order!

Backstage with Gene Okerlund:

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Hogan.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Duggan.jpg

Okerlund: “Okay, Hulk Hogan you heard the wor...”

Hogan: “Just hold up there Gene Okerlund... I know what you’re gonna say brother! I heard every word that he said... but I’m not listening man! I’m not listening to the lies coming from his mouth... Sgt. Slaughter is a traitor as far as I’m concerned and I might not be able to prosecute him for War Crimes brother, but I can take him to the Wrestler’s Court... and I will be the judge, the jury and the executioner... tonight I pass sentence on you Sgt. Slaughter and your Evil Corps... with my buddy Jim Duggan at my side, we’re gonna hang and bang all night brother!”

Hogan: “When all is said and done and the smoke clears... when you’ve ran out of words to hide behind you have to ask yourself one simple question... WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULK HOGAN AND HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN...”

Both: “RUN WILD ON YOU...”

Hulk Hogan & ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan vs Sgt Slaughter’s Corps

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Hogan.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Duggan.jpg vs http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Slaughter.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Sheik.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Adnan.jpg

An extremely hot crowd after the last few segments are clearly up for this match which gets underway (after a veritable flag waving parade from both heels and faces) with Sgt. Slaughter and Jim Duggan in the ring (Hogan apparently losing a coin toss to start off). Duggan starts strongly, getting the better of Slaughter with some furious punches, but is warned by the referee for using a closed fist, the distraction lets Slaughter cheap shot Duggan with a low blow and get a tag to The Iron Sheik. The Sheik works over Duggan with a slow and methodical attack, designed to wear down Hacksaw.

Duggan can’t be contained for ever though and after a failed camel clutch, where The Sheik was unable to lock the fingers, Duggan just manages to reach Hulk Hogan’s outstretched hand to bring the crowd to it’s feet... Hogan quickly cleans house before begging Slaughter on to him... The Sarge looks unconvinced but teases entering the ring... this is a distraction for The Iron Sheik though who nails Hogan from behind and rams him into the turnbuckle... With Hogan down, the Iron Sheik unloads with stomps and kicks to the mid-section. Slaughter now agrees to re-enter the ring and he takes over stomping duties!

With Hogan struggling for breath, Slaughter resumes the attack... as Hogan gets on his stomach and starts to crawl towards Duggan in the corner, Slaughter puts on a camel clutch of his own... Hogan refuses to quit as the Sarge threatens to rip his head off... Hogan is unable to power back up out of the move and seems to be in real trouble. Slaughter though can’t make him quit, so breaks the hold himself and lines up some strong elbows... Jim Duggan has seen enough and tries to interfere... but as the referee ushers him back out, it allows the three members of the Corps to triple team Hogan, choking him and kicking in to him... with a smirk, Slaughter catches Hogan with another elbow and tags in General Adnan!

Adnan walks around Hogan kicking him with in the head before putting on a camel clutch of his own... The Sheik and Slaughter are laughing and slapping the turnbuckles as the crowd roar in disapproval! As Adnan draws back on the camel clutch, Hogan begins to shake... McMahon is begging the referee to stop the fight as he thinks Hogan is convulsing... but no! Hogan is clearly Hulking-Up! And Adnan doesn’t know what to do! He holds on tightly... but Hogan is lifting Adnan up while still holding on to his neck!!!

Slaughter and Sheik both invade the ring... as the referee pulls the Iron Sheik back, Duggan catches Slaughter with a running clothesline sending him to the outside! Adnan is slammed to the canvas and throws his arm out in pain.. The Iron Sheik grabs a quick tag... but walks straight into a Big Boot! Hogan bounces off the ropes and... LEGDROP!

The crowd count along with Hogan...

3!!!

Winners: Hulk Hogan & ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan

As Hogan and Duggan celebrate, waving Old Glory in the ring, red white and blue fireworks erupt in celebration before the pair begin hitting The Hulkster’s famous poses! Slaughter, The Iron Sheik & General Adnan don’t look back as the trio slowly trudge to the back in abject disappointment. Even as the show closes though, Bobby Heenan is trying to explain to the audience that Sgt. Slaughter had this match won... and that Hogan is a very, very lucky man tonight...

Gorilla and Vince aren’t interested though – tonight is Hulk Hogan’s night and a victory for the Hulkster is a victory for freedom!

--

Well it took a while... a few things at play here – some more health and real life issues that have been resolved but more importantly – I had some real writer’s block that I’ve managed to get over... although I could’ve done without the Hulk Hogan story breaking this week lol...

Anyway coming up over the next day or so I’ll post a prediction contest update, some news stories and comment responses... thanks for reading everyone!

I really enjoyed T4. As a "B-level" PPV, a lot of it wasn't very surprising as the results went; the big shocker was definitely Bossman vs. Perfect. I looked back over my predictions and had said that I could see Ray picking up the title, but I still am really unsure of where he goes from here. Perfect is surely heading after Orndorff next; the only feud that I know will have to be coming Bossman's way in the future has to be The Mountie. Is Mountie an IC title contender right out of the gate? I don't know yet, but I'm sure you will show us if he is or not! The other surprise of the show to me was a somewhat minor thing, as Haku and Barbarian leave the Heenan Family. I don't see that being a face turn as much as a resignation, and it leaves me wondering if you have plans to set the two up with a different manager, and if anyone else is set to join up with Bobby.

Cliche as it sounds to simply say this, there's no better way to say it: cannot wait for more!

In Behind the Scenes News

Although exact buy-rates are still to be finalised, the WWF's top brass are said to have been extremely pleased with their experimental Hawaiian Pay-Per-View.

Critics have so far been quick to point to the show's mostly predictable nature but have also conceded that this close to Wrestlemania, it probably wasn't the time to make any significant changes...

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Bossman.jpg

With the notable exception of the crowning of a new Intercontinental Champion of course! The decision to crown Ray Traylor as the new IC champ was not taken lightly and we understand that it really was an 11th hour decision to make the switch. Original booking plans had Traylor winning the match but Perfect retaining the belt for a head-on clash with Paul Orndorff at Wrestlemania. With Orndorff's involvement having an impact on the outcome, it seems the Fed are still intent on a clash between Mr. Wonderful & Mr Perfect but questions are being raised as to where to now for Traylor and the IC title particularly as this journey was expected to culminate at Wrestlemania.

We're sure that Vince McMahon and Co. will have another idea up their sleeves but we must admit to being a little perplexed at the 'Heenan / Bossman' story seemingly being wrapped up in this fashion.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Heenan.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Piper.jpg

Speaking of 'The Brain' it seems he was in the right place at the right time when The Undertaker & Ted DiBiase incapacitated Roddy Piper at Tribute to the Troops. The appearance of Andre the Giant suggests that a Wrestlemania showdown between the two big men is on the cards - many expected Virgil to make his re-appearance to help save Piper but DiBiase's former valet was nowhere to be seen.

Piper's takedown and the, apparently unrelated, resignation of The Barbarian & Haku from the Heenan Family has paved the way for Heenan to take over commentary duties on a regular basis from the Rowdy One.

WWF Officials have admitted that contract negotiations on an extension to Piper's Colour Commentary contract have stalled - with the company balking at Piper's $50k + demands for a non-wrestling role.

Piper's contract is due to expire the day after Wrestlemania VII

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Luke.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Tugboat.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Smash.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Valentine.jpg

With four more of the WWF's regular roster due for reconsideration it remains to be seen whether all of them will be offered new deals or be let go.

Of the four, Smash appears to be involved in the highest profile feud and there's a fair amount of logic that tagging with Crush will help develop the big youngster that the WWF has a lot of hopes for the future.

On the other hand, Valentine (along with Tito Santana) put on a quiet storm of a match in what had been considered a throwaway bout and may have actually given both teams a payday with a Wrestlemania slot if they can bottle the magic again... This rethink in strategy is thanks, in no small part, to the veteran Hammer's efforts and he may well be rewarded with another short term deal.

Bushwhacker Luke's contract could go either way - the WWF may look to extend Luke's run to match his tag partner Butch (who has six months to go) or they may decide to cut both loose. WWF officials have 28 days to make a decision on this and are intending on using the majority of them, there is an element of luxury in that neither Luke nor Butch are particularly coveted in the open market.

Finally, Tugboat who's already stalled push came to a screeching halt when his cousin Dusty Rhodes jumped ship to WCW at short notice, has been told that he can go at the beginning of April. Expect Fred Ottman to be staring at the lights for the best part of the month!

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Mystery.png

As one door closes, another one opens!

The WWF are in advanced talks with two workers at the idea of coming into the Federation in a high profile position. The Federation are tight lipped as to whether this will be a tag team or two individual workers. Insiders have been keen to stress that there is no guarantee that 1 or both will make it to a WWF ring - WCW officials have been tight lipped but speculation is running rampant that one of their top stars was spotted at Titan Towers this week.

--

Thanks again everyone for the views and the kind words...

Always happy to hear feedback!

WOO AMERICA!

No, but, seriously that was a fun show. Loving the tension between the Harts and the Martel/Roberts storyline.

lol... I know right! I absolutely HATE watching that sort of stuff... and yet it's been a ton of fun to write - something different for me anyway and it goes completely against the grain!

Thanks for the comments on the Martel/Roberts storyline in particular - I had a very clear idea of how I wanted that to work out and I feel like it's definitely getting there... needless to say The Model hasn't seen the last of Jake Roberts...

As for the Harts - it's tricky trying to get across tension that way so I'm glad it's being picked up on without (I hope) it being screamingly obvious that there's been issues - it's a lot easier when teams are losing and squabbling - to get it over while on a hot winning streak is much more problematic! Still having an obnoxious weasel like Owen in your corner does make it easier!

Is Mountie an IC title contender right out of the gate? I don't know yet, but I'm sure you will show us if he is or not! The other surprise of the show to me was a somewhat minor thing, as Haku and Barbarian leave the Heenan Family. I don't see that being a face turn as much as a resignation, and it leaves me wondering if you have plans to set the two up with a different manager, and if anyone else is set to join up with Bobby.

(will edit this part out when you change it: man, Bret Hart is looking pretty scrawny on this show )

Take it the above has explained the sudden Heenan move - I wanted an organic reason for Bobby to move to the commentary desk and to distance himself from the JTTS that (and I don't think I'm surprising anyone here) that Haku & The Barbarian are set to become.

And yes... that's the joys of editing pictures in text format! Way too many people with Hart in their name in the early 90s!!

I just caught up on this diary, and it's some great stuff.

Thanking you - hope it continues to provide as we ramp up to Wrestlemania!

- I'll do a Prediction Contest update after the next set of shows (assuming that's alright by everyone!) and by that point Wrestlemania VII should be starting to take shape - I've got five weeks of TV to get over my matches - I want them all to have people putting down cash money - gotta fill that Coliseum!

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Challenge.jpg

• Demolition decapitated Al Burke & Todd Champion in 5.01 (D-)
  • A Pre-Recorded interview from the Legion of Doom tell Demolition that they won’t be so lucky at Wrestlemania if they’ve got the guts to meet them face to face in the ring (C-)
  • Koko B. Ware overcame The Genius in a fast paced technical match in 7.02 (C-)
  • Paul Orndorff takes the time to rub in Mr. Perfect’s title loss at Tribute to the Troops – he thinks it was a ‘Wonderful’ outcome (B)
  • In our main event The Undertaker buried Jim Powers with a Tombstone Piledriver (D+)
  • After the match, Paul Bearer calls out Andre the Giant... but The Giant doesn’t appear... Bearer accuses Andre of running scared, afraid of his own mortality (B)

Overall Show Grade: C

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Superstars.jpg

WWF Superstars

February 22nd 1991

Attendance: 13,578

Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon & Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Monsoon.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/McMahon.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Heenan.jpg

Video Package:

We’re treated to a highlights package of Tribute to the Troops as Vince McMahon tells us how we can order replays of the event... the video focuses on Hulk Hogan & Jim Duggan’s victory of Sgt. Slaughter’s Corps, The Ultimate Warrior & Randy Savage’s confrontation and Roddy Piper’s beatdown from Ted DiBiase

In the back with Mean Gene:

Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with one of the Tribute to the Troops “most disappointing performers”, Rick Martel!

Martel: Failure? FAILURE! I am not a failure Mean Gene Okerlund, I am a success! On the catwalks of St Tropez and Milan, the red carpets of Cannes and Hollywood... or the wrestling rings of Chicago - ‘The Model’ Rick Martel brings professionalism and sophistication wherever he goes... I could’ve stayed in that ring all night beating on Jake Roberts but what would it prove? Would he still be an ugly man afterwards, no? He will never understand what it takes to be beautiful on the outside or beautiful on the inside because his soul is dark and has been eaten away... I cannot reason with a man like that so why would I break a sweat and waste the effort... I’m not afraid of him Mean Gene... I pity him... that’s why I take it easy on him... but if he gets in my way again, I can’t be held responsible for the terrible, terrible things that might just happen to him...

Mean Gene tells us that he’s not sure if Martel is really brave or really stupid as he sends us back to the ring

Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat vs. J.T. Smith

While Ricky Steamboat’s first appearance on Superstars for over two years is doubtless a big deal, the commentary team spend the majority of their time explaining the absence of Roddy Piper (who is apparently deeply concussed and still in hospital) and the apparent disintegration of The Heenan Family. The Brain refuses to be drawn on it though and insists that we watch what’s going on in the ring – something he didn’t seem so worried about before McMahon brought up his wayward family...

Not that there’s much to see in the ring because Steamboat barely gets out of first gear in a comfortable and unsurprising victory, thanks to a flying crossbody.

Winner: Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat in 2.41

With the Commentary Team:

Gorilla is in the process of hyping our next match when Ted DiBiase’s theme tune hits... out from the back swaggers The Million Dollar Man carrying a MASSIVE bouquet of flowers and a teddy bear. DiBiase makes his way to the commentary desk, shakes Heenan’s hand, ignores McMahon and addresses Gorilla Monsoon, lifting a house microphone at the same time.

DiBiase: I’m sorry to interrupt but I’m a very important person with some crucial business deals to make today... I just wanted to pass on my condolences to your colleague Roddy Piper for the injuries he sustained last week... I want to... but I’m not going to...

DiBiase throws down the flowers and bear as he cackles into the microphone

DiBiase: Didn’t I warn you Piper?! Didn’t I tell you what would happen if you got in my way little man? HA HA HA HA HA! You got in my business and you got what you deserved! I strongly suggest that you keep yourself in hospital for as long as you can... because if you make the mistake of showing your face around here again, I can already GUARANTEE that you will regret it... Trust me when I tell you this Piper... I WANT you to come at me! I WANT you to show back here running your mouth, because NOTHING is going to give me greater pleasure than what will happen next! HA HA HA HA HA! Everybody’s gotta price for The Million Dollar Man... and doing what I’ve done to you and what I’m going to do? Worth every penny! HA HA HA HA HA!

Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine & Tito Santana vs Power & Glory (w/ Slick)

For a team that had never worked together before, Santana & Valentine made a strong unit in their winning effort over The Nasty Boys at Tribute to the Troops. Of course, it was something of a hollow victory, coming as a result of a blatant disqualification from the wildest team in the WWF! Power & Glory prove a different proposition and Paul Roma in particular seems to be all at sea when coming against the two veterans. He hangs in well though and manages to escape a Valentine figure-four to bring in Hercules. The strongman fares a little better than his teammate but The Hammer does seem to have the edge until Jerry Sags and Brian Knobbs make their presence felt! The Nasty Boys run into the ring carrying their trusty steel chairs and are quick to wield them! The referee calls for the bell even as Valentine is clocked by both men at the same time! Santana has leapt into the ring and caught Knobbs blindsided! He picks up the fallen chair and uses it to ward off Sags, who stops to help Knobbs back to his feet, holding his jaw and spitting threats at Tito... it looks like this one is far from over as Valentine & Santana pick up another DQ win

Winners: Tito Santana & Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine in 9.28

On Screen Graphic:

Hot on the heels of the WWF World Title Match, our second Wrestlemania bout is officially announced as The Hart Foundation will defend their titles against the Number 1 contenders... The Rockers!

Tugboat vs The Mountie:

Brief clips of The Mountie’s cheap victory over The Texas Tornado are shown prior to this bout against the much bigger Tugboat. Despite the size disadvantage though, The Mountie doesn’t back down standing toe-to-toe with Tugboat. Bobby Heenan declares that The Mountie is exactly the type of wrestler he’d loved to have managed which lets Gorilla get a cheap shot in that Bobby would probably be happy for anyone to manage right now... As Tugboat attempts to catch The Mountie with an avalanche in the corner, the referee is unable to see the shock stick slipped to him by Jimmy Hart... as Tugboat connects with The Mountie he’s hurled backwards a few feet before collapsing to the ring floor convulsing, The Mountie simply falls on top of him, having suffered the impact of the avalanche with a subtle drop of the stick to the outside on his way down... even as McMahon complains, The Mountie picks up another victory

Winner: The Mountie in 7.45

Video Package:

Another short video replays the confrontation between Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior & Sensational Sherri at Tribute to the Troops, afterwards the Wrestlemania VII logo is shown along with confirmation of the stellar main event bout.

In the Ring:

Gorilla Monsoon is teasing Bobby Heenan that with the World title and Tag Title matches set for Wrestlemania, the Intercontinental will probably be next... and if Bobby knows who The Bossman will be defending against...

He’s as well asking the man himself because The Big Bossman is making his way out with his title belt proudly round his waist!

Boss Man: Bobby Heenan... I told you not to bad mouth my momma... what would happen if you did and look what’s happened now... you’ve lost all your friends, all your gold and you’ve only got yourself to blame!

The camera focuses on the dejected Heenan as he waves his hand away in disgust...

Boss Man: ... but I told you what I wanted all along.... I wanted to get my own back on you and teach you a lesson you’d never forget. I know you’re disappointed right now... but you’re not broken Bobby Heenan, you’ve not been taken to where you can find true misery... So I’ve spoken to President Jack Tunney... and I want to challenge you to a match, myself at Wrestlemania!

The crowd cheer but Heenan just laughs and shakes his head at the commentary desk...

Boss Man: Oh I know I can’t force you into a regular match Bobby Heenan... If I was standing out here as just the plain old Boss Man then there’s nothing I could do... but I’m not the plain old Boss Man anymore... I’m the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION, thanks to you... and the Intercontinental Champion gets to fight whoever he wants, whenever he wants... you see Bobby Heenan, Jack Tunney has told me that I can defend my title against a member of the Heenan Family at Wrestlemania... and if you DON’T accept the match, you can pack your bags and get out of the World Wrestling Federation... The way I see it... you don’t have anyone left... except you!

Heenan turns a delicate shade of grey as Monsoon bellows with laughter and The Boss Man walks to the back, pumping his fist to the crowd!

Grade:B

The British Bulldog vs Haku:

The shellshocked Heenan barely utters a word during this match until around halfway through when he publically starts begging Haku to come back to the Family... even throwing in that he’s certain he can get him a title shot... While it’s unclear whether Haku can even hear him, the Samoan would have other things on his mind right now thanks to Davey Boy Smith’s power attacks. Struggling to keep up with the power, Haku resorts to low blows to try and swing the momentum, he comes within inches too of catching Smith with a savate kick in the throat, instead the Bulldog is able to grab the foot and spin Haku off his axis, following up with a running clothesline. With Haku down, the Bulldog pulls him back and hoists him on his shoulder for the running powerslam which connects and gives The British Bulldog a clean and impressive victory.

Winner: The British Bulldog

Even as Bobby Heenan gets ready to go over and beg Haku again, he’s interrupted by the sudden arrival of Earthquake... wasting no time, the big man gets in the ring and starts wailing on Davey Boy Smith! The fatigued Bulldog is barely able to defend himself as Quake clubs him down and begins to literally walk over the top of him... next come the tremors and before long Smith is hit with a sit down splash! The broken Bulldog is scooped up and easily slammed back to the canvas by Earthquake who puts a single boot on his broken form and poses to show off the muscles in his arms as the show goes off air

Grade:B-

Overall Show Grade: B-

• Jimmy Snuka defeated The Barbarian in 8.55 (C+)
  • The Texas Tornado tells The Mountie that if he thinks this is over, he’s got another thing coming! (D+)
  • The Rockers beat their way past Rikki Nelson & J.T. Smith (C-)
  • The Orient Express & Mr. Fuji hope that The Dynamic Dudes have learnt not to cross their paths anymore (D-)
  • Owen Hart is hyping his debut match which is coming next – he sells it as if he’s about to fight for the WWF Championship in the main event of Wrestlemania... (D)
  • Owen Hart defeats Saba Simba with a handful of tights in 7.34 (D)
  • Mr. Perfect tells us that as much as he wants to get his title back, he can’t help Bobby at Wrestlemania because he’s got something much bigger in mind... taking Mr Wonderful back to the Old Folks Home he escaped from (B-)
  • In our main event, Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat picked up another victory, this time over Canadian Strongman Dino Bravo in 9.16 (C+)

Quick Question: As part of my next Superstars I had planned and written a promo by Roddy Piper which I'm not too sure if I should still run with or not. The problem is that while it's mostly directed at Ted DiBiase there is more than a few shots at The Undertaker as well... in light of recent events, I'm not sure how appropriate it is... I'm in two minds personally as I feel like I kinda captured the spirit of Piper's promos in it and it would be my humble tribute to him to post the promo (which, fittingly, scored an A* in the game) but at the same time, by pure circumstance, it could come across as crass. Tempted to drop the angle completely from the show (pretend it never happened) but it is kind of important with how a couple of storylines that are running into Wrestlemania... well part of it is...

See what I mean? I'm at a complete loss.

From a personal point of view, I've been hit really hard by Piper's passing (as a young Scottish boy watching introduced to wrestling by the late 80s and early 90's WWF he was something of a hero of mine) and coming on the back of the Hogan scandal (which has also tainted how I've been wanting to write him up), it's just difficult to work out what I should do from a taste perspective.

Should I just ignore it all? I mean, I still write for Macho, Perfect, Boss Man etc and have no issues with it?

As a fellow Scot I can get why Piper resonates with you. I personally hate Rod Stewart adopting a faux-Scot gimmick for his solo career; sure, he has Scottish heritage and relatives - but he isn't Scottish. But Piper? It's never bothered me. Partly because he's always said how much he appreciates the Scots accepting him as one of their own, even though he was a Canadian (albeit of Scots ancestry).

I think Piper would tell you just to post the promo. Even in his last few months he was still being Piper and creating controversy.

I would go with it. Like they said, Piper always created controversy and it would probably be what he would do himself as well. The promo is no insult to him or anything. I am also really crushed because of his death. But the right thing is to go ahead and continue writing for Piper masterfully.

Quick Question: As part of my next Superstars I had planned and written a promo by Roddy Piper which I'm not too sure if I should still run with or not. The problem is that while it's mostly directed at Ted DiBiase there is more than a few shots at The Undertaker as well... in light of recent events, I'm not sure how appropriate it is... I'm in two minds personally as I feel like I kinda captured the spirit of Piper's promos in it and it would be my humble tribute to him to post the promo (which, fittingly, scored an A* in the game) but at the same time, by pure circumstance, it could come across as crass. Tempted to drop the angle completely from the show (pretend it never happened) but it is kind of important with how a couple of storylines that are running into Wrestlemania... well part of it is...

See what I mean? I'm at a complete loss.

From a personal point of view, I've been hit really hard by Piper's passing (as a young Scottish boy watching introduced to wrestling by the late 80s and early 90's WWF he was something of a hero of mine) and coming on the back of the Hogan scandal (which has also tainted how I've been wanting to write him up), it's just difficult to work out what I should do from a taste perspective.

Should I just ignore it all? I mean, I still write for Macho, Perfect, Boss Man etc and have no issues with it?

Go for it man; Roddy would have wanted you to post it.

• Owen Hart increased his winning streak with a victory over J.T. Smith in 2.45 (D-)
  • The Rockers tell Sean Mooney that Wrestlemania VII is the biggest match of their careers – they’re hungry for this title shot and the Hart Foundation don’t have what it takes to stop them ©
  • The Dynamic Dudes go over The Brooklyn Brawler & Brian Costello in 3.51 (D)
  • Jimmy Snuka challenges The Undertaker to a match on Superstars – he’s disrespecting a friend in Andre… so let’s see if he can back up his words (C-)
  • The Mountie cheats his way to a victory over Tito Santana thanks to The Nasty Boys distracting the referee and Jimmy Hart throwing the shock stick to The Mountie for a tainted pinfall in 9.54 (C+)
  • Greg Valentine sprints down to the ring with a chair in hand to chase off the Nasty Boys and save Tito from another beating ©

WWF Superstars

March 1st 1991

Attendance: 18,200

Announce Team: Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon & Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Monsoon.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/McMahon.jpghttp://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Heenan.jpg

Paul Orndorff vs Rick Martel

Orndorff returns to the scene of one of his most famous matches in this highly charged encounter. The Model gives a strong accounting for himself after his last few weeks and comes close to taking this one with a Boston crab – Mr Wonderful though has other ideas and is able to power out of the hold, which the commentators believe is due to a combination of his superior leg strength and Martel being unable to lock the right leverage in.

From there, Orndorff’s strength is the dominating factor, Martel being scooped slammed into the ring canvas with a powerslam that seemed to shake the very building! As Martel held the bottom of his back and begged off… the building erupted… because Jake Roberts was running down the aisleway! Spotting the oncoming Snake, Martel leapt to his feet and ran from the ring!

Roberts gave chase as the referee counted up to ten, awarding the match to Mr Wonderful by default! As the match ends Orndorff points and laughs at Bobby Heenan who is still refusing to discuss Boss Man’s challenge last week!

Winner: ‘Mr Wonderful’ Paul Orndorff in 9.52

On-Screen Graphic:

Another Wrestlemania match is announced as we’re told that The Legion of Doom will face Demolition at the biggest show of the year. Gorilla asks Bobby Heenan if he’s looked out his old wrestling tights for the Boss Man’s challenge yet…

Speaking of Wrestlemania, The Macho King and Sensational Sherri have words for The Ultimate Warrior and their headline bout!

Savage: Ultimate Warrior yeah! AT LAST YOU’VE DONE THE RIGHT THING! You’ve seen the error of your ways, yeah! That the MACHO KING… That the Macho King is the rightful number one contender to the World Wrestling Federation Championship… You’ve had a TASTE Ultimate Warrior of what’s in store for you at Wrestlemania… but nothing can prepare you for venturing into the mouth of madness!

Savage: Sunday 31st of March Ultimate Warrior! When the sun sets, so does your reign as the WWF Champion… and the second coming of the Madness descends on the WWF… you don’t have it in you Ultimate Warrior, you can’t step up to what’s coming, yeah… we’ll see you in Los Angeles, yeah… we’ll see you…

The Rockers vs The Orient Express (w/ Mr Fuji)

A match that had originally been penned as a potential opener for this year’s Royal Rumble, The Orient Express & The Rockers put on a good, athletic show for the crowd. While the Orients had their chances to steal the match, it was The Rockers who went on to have their hand raised but not before we were given a dazzling display of tag team manoeuvres, culminating in a picture perfect Rocker Drop to Kato, allowing Marty Jannetty to pick-up the win for the Number 1 Contenders. Mr Fuji was distraught on the outside, particularly as his hand full of salt had backfired, ending up all over his jacket when Shawn knocked it out of his hand!

Winners: The Rockers in 10.06

Surrounded by get well soon cards and flowers, Roddy Piper is sitting on the edge of his hospital bed, a huge bandage wrapped around his head…

Piper: I…. ah… I gotta hand it to ya Teddy boy! I thought Ole Hot Rod had an unbreakable head ya know?! I… ah… this noggin has been beaten on, bruised and battered all over town but I never took a shot like that one from your big ole goon! Undertaker – you’re a big lad… but you’re not very bright! Cos if you was bright, you’d have never laid your hands on me – see I might not be bigger than you, I might not be stronger than you and god knows I ain’t as smart as you, mostly because I’m running my mouth right now, but I AIN’T AFRAID OF YOU. I ain’t afraid of nobody and no thing – and you might be an Undertaker but I ain’t got no intentions of checking out right now buster! You wanna stop me – you’re gonna have to put a bullet in me because no matter how many times you rattle the two tiny brain cells rattling around in here I ain’t gonna stop…

Piper: But you’re nothing but a stooge Undertaker… see I might be dumb, but I’m smart enough to never get into bed with a creature like Ted DiBiase… Teddy boy… I want you to take a good look around at this room look in the eyes of this teeny weeny bear…

Hot Rod shoves a stuffed bear up to the camera and waggles it around

Piper: Can you see the glassy eyes Teddy? Can you feel them stare into you? Take a good look Teddy keep watching…

Piper snatches the bear back and rips it’s head off! Screaming like a lunatic he starts pulling the stuffing out of the bear!

Piper: This is what you’re gonna get Teddy Moneybags! This is it! I’M GONNA TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB, I’M GONNA PULL YOUR INSIDES OUT, I’M GONNA LEAVE YOU A BROKEN SHELL OF A MAN TED DIBIASE! You made this personal, you lit a fire under me and you’re gonna need more than an Undertaker to put it out! You’re gonna need the army, the navy, the fire brigade, the Pipes and Drums of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, the helicopters, the tanks and whatever God you believe in to stop me from taking you out!

Stopping suddenly and panting deeply, Piper stares straight into the camera.

Piper: WRESTLEMANIA TEDDY BOY! LOS ANGELES! YOU AND ME! THIS AIN’T ABOUT VIRGIL! THIS AIN’T ABOUT THE UNDERTAKER! IT’S ABOUT YOU AND ME!

Piper is worked back up into a frenzy and throwing an avalanche of cards and gifts around the room at the camera bellowing “LOS ANGELES!” as he does so.

Grade: A*

’Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan vs Barry Hardy

Coming off the back of his headline victory at Tribute to the Troops, Jim Duggan was wasting no time against Barry Hardy who was clearly out of his depth… in little more than a squash match, a Running Tackle sealed the deal for the ever popular Hacksaw.

Winner: ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan in 2.24

Grade: D+

An irate Jake Roberts is standing by with Sean Mooney.

Roberts: Rick Martel, tonight you’ve proved again what I already knew: you’re a coward. Furthermore, you’ve shown me and the world that you can’t be trusted and that in order for a man to get what’s his… he’ll have to take extraordinary steps… Rick Martel… I’m not a man who’s ever asked the world for anything… but I’ve made an exception for you! I went to see President Jack Tunney this week… I knocked on his office door and I played the game. The political game, that game that I’m not comfortable with I did it… to get to you…

Roberts: I spoke to President Jack Tunney and I asked him for an opportunity… Now Jack Tunney’s not used to that… he’s had Randy Savage, Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart… even you Rick Martel, knocking on that old office door asking for something… I don’t ask for things Rick Martel… I TAKE them… but I can’t take what I want from you because you won’t give me it… so I asked Jack Tunney to sanction a match between us… a special match Rick Martel… a match that you can’t run away from… a match that you won’t be able to get up and leave from… you can run from anywhere Rick Martel… hell, even inside a steel cage you’d find away to escape from me… so I’ve asked President Jack Tunney to LOCK. YOU. DOWN… and I’ve got what I wanted… at Wrestlemania VII… in front of a capacity crowd of rabid WWF fans… you will be lashed to the other end of a strap from me Rick Martel! We’ll meet 1 on 1… anywhere I go, you have to take me with you… there will be no running… there will be no hiding… at Wrestlemania your past will finally catch-up to you and there’s not a thing you can do about it…

Jimmy ‘Superfly’ Snuka vs The Undertaker:

There are two types of mistake in this life: ones you bring on yourself and ones that others make and you pay for… no-one will ever truly know if it was Jimmy Snuka’s challenging The Undertaker or Roddy Piper’s trash talking that got The Deadman so fired up for this bout… but we do know that after a display of wanton brutality where The Superfly barely got a shot in to the Undertaker (and any he did seemed to do absolutely zero damage), Snuka was given a Tombstone with authority and laid out for the world to see after being completely dominated.

Winner: The Undertaker in 3.17

In the Ring with Mean Gene Okerlund:

Mean Gene calls out his guest Sgt. Slaughter who marches to the ring flanked by General Adnan & The Iron Sheik…

Slaughter: Atten-hut! Get on your feet you lousy maggots! The people of New York have never respected my authority… I’ve shown you all time and time again what happens when you don’t have respect for your superiors… men like me, like The Iron Sheik… we DEMAND respect and we’re gonna get it by any means necessary!

Slaughter: You people are symptomatic of everything that’s wrong with this country… with wrestling… and blaming you is only blaming the victims… it’s Hulk Hogan who’s to blame for the erosion of class and decency in this world… Hulk Hogan, President George Bush and all of the maggots and worms on the Hill… I can’t stand what this country has become and I won’t stand for it! Hulk Hogan I challenge you to a match at Wrestlemania… a match-up of what YOU believe in versus what I believe in…

Before Slaughter can continue the sound of Real American fills the arena and Hulk Hogan is marching down to the ring, pointing his finger and joined by ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan at his side!

Hogan: Sgt Slaughter man! You just made my day brother! That is music to my ears, man! I want nothing more than to have the chance to get these 24 inch pythons wrapped around your neck, to flex my muscles brother and watch you collapse in a heap… I’m ready man! I’m ready!

Slaughter sneers at Hogan before answering…

Slaughter: I Don’t care about what you want Hogan, I don’t care what these people want… this is about what has to be done… It’s my responsibility Hulk Hogan to show the world what a cancer you are in this business, to show them that when it really matters… the red, white and blue isn’t what it used to be… I challenge you Hulk Hogan to put what you believe in up against what I believe in… when you lose Hulk Hogan, and you will lose, you will get down on your knees and you will denounce the United States of America, you will spit on the flag and you will join me in turning around this perverted nation… you will help me make it pure again!

Hogan looks shocked at this stipulation but rallies quickly…

B]Hogan:[/b] I would NEVER deface Old Glory brother… but if you want put it on the line then that’s fine by me… you haven’t got what it takes to beat me brother, me and all my Hulkamaniacs, me and the millions of Americans at home brother right behind me and the Red, The White and the Blue fighting for Freedom against people like you… it’s the safest bet in the world because the largest arms in the world ain’t gonna let his Hulkamaniacs down man! But when I beat you in the middle of that ring brother, one two three, I want YOU Sgt Slaughter to get on YOUR knees and beg for the forgiveness of America and Lady Liberty herself brother! I want you to Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America… at Wrestlemania… this madness ends!

Slaughter stares out Hogan as the show comes to a close – the commentary team excitedly telling us that this is a huge bout and one that could change the wrestling world forever!

Grade: A*

• A worked up Mr. Perfect squashed Todd Champion in 1.44 (C-)
  • Owen Hart tells Sean Mooney that he’s the best wrestler in the Hart Foundation and that makes him the best in the world! Jim Powers is going to find out the hard way (D)
  • Owen Hart does manage to back up his words (somewhat) by scoring a win over Jim Powers… albeit with a handful of tights… in 7.20 (D+)
  • The Dynamic Dudes tell The Orient Express that they’re not afraid and they’re ready to get on board for a showdown at Wrestlemania! ©
  • Haku dismantled Tugboat in a hard-hitting encounter, picking up the pinfall in 8.22 after a Savate Kick to the throat ©
  • The British Bulldog tells Earthquake that he might be a big man, but he’s got a bigger bite and that Earthquake has bitten off more than he can chew with him ©
  • Demolition make short work of The Bushwhackers, Butch eating a Demolition Decapitation in 3.06 (D)
  • A video of recent events between The Mountie & The Texas Tornado is aired (C-)
  • The team of The Mountie & Dino Bravo have plenty to celebrate after Koko B. Ware had no choice but to quit out from the Quebec Crab while The Texas Tornado looked on helplessly from the apron ©

--

In Behind the Scenes news

• A worked up Mr. Perfect squashed Todd Champion in 1.44 (C-)
  • Owen Hart tells Sean Mooney that he’s the best wrestler in the Hart Foundation and that makes him the best in the world! Jim Powers is going to find out the hard way (D)
  • Owen Hart does manage to back up his words (somewhat) by scoring a win over Jim Powers… albeit with a handful of tights… in 7.20 (D+)
  • The Dynamic Dudes tell The Orient Express that they’re not afraid and they’re ready to get on board for a showdown at Wrestlemania! ©
  • Haku dismantled Tugboat in a hard-hitting encounter, picking up the pinfall in 8.22 after a Savate Kick to the throat ©
  • The British Bulldog tells Earthquake that he might be a big man, but he’s got a bigger bite and that Earthquake has bitten off more than he can chew with him ©
  • Demolition make short work of The Bushwhackers, Butch eating a Demolition Decapitation in 3.06 (D)
  • A video of recent events between The Mountie & The Texas Tornado is aired (C-)
  • The team of The Mountie & Dino Bravo have plenty to celebrate after Koko B. Ware had no choice but to quit out from the Quebec Crab while The Texas Tornado looked on helplessly from the apron ©

[/center]

In Behind the Scenes News

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/WM7.jpg

As the final home straight for Wrestlemania VII approaches, the card is starting to take shape with WWF officials supposedly very pleased at how things are looking. The word from high up is that Vince McMahon in particular is upbeat about the way the card has progressed from the beginning of January:

Wrestlemania VII Card as it stands:

• WWF Championship: Ultimate Warrior vs Randy Savage
  • Pledge Allegiance Match: Hulk Hogan vs Sgt. Slaughter
  • Strap Match: Jake Roberts vs Rick Martel
  • Intercontinental Title Match: Big Boss Man vs Bobby Heenan (TBC)
  • Tag Title Match: Hart Foundation vs The Rockers
  • The Legion of Doom vs Demolition
  • The Dynamic Dudes vs The Orient Express

In addition match-ups between Ted DiBiase & Roddy Piper; and Earthquake & The British Bulldog look to be all but set. Andre the Giant & The Undertaker is also heavily rumoured and certainly seems to be heading that way although with Andre’s declining health this might not be as much of a lock as the WWF would hope.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Vicious.jpg

One man who certainly won’t be at Wrestlemania is WCW’s Sid Vicious! As you may recall from our story last week, an unnamed WCW main eventer was rumoured to be meeting at Titan Towers. We can now exclusively reveal that Sid ‘Vicious’ Eudy was in advanced talks with the Federation over joining the group in time for Wrestlemania. Talks were said to have been amicable and well received but, after thinking over his options, Vicious opted to stick to WCW, a decision which has left the Atlanta office crowing that the gap between the two companies is shrinking thanks to first Dusty Rhodes jumping ship and now Sid Vicious’ loyalty. For their part, the WWF are claiming that Vicious’ agent updated them that WCW had made an improved offer and were told in no uncertain terms that the Federation would not get involved in a bidding war for someone they would view as ‘an unproven prospect’.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Hercules.jpg

Vicious’ loyalty was underpinned by a shock resignation in the WWF midcard. Hercules Hernandez had been in the WWF doghouse since opting to work for New Japan rather than the WWF on Royal Rumble weekend. Now, less than a month out from Wrestlemania, Hercules has opted to sign a written deal with NJPW and forgo his spot on the WWF roster – putting in a week’s notice at the same time!

Expect to see Hercules unceremoniously jobbed out shortly… questions remain as to how the WWF will handle Paul Roma and whether he will benefit or lose out as a result of his partner’s move.

--

OOC: I won’t respond individually to the comments which have unanimously supported the show carrying on – I just want to thank everyone who took the time to post their thoughts because I truly had to wrestle with whether it was the right thing to do…

Here’s to Hot Rod and here’s to all of us who keep his memory – and that of Randy, Dusty, Perfect, Hawk, Boss Man, Kerry, Rude, Gordy, Bulldog, Owen, Bam Bam, Warrior and the many (way too many) other heroes of our youth and adulthood alive.

Thanks for the memories, and thanks for reading.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/Ritchardo_1979/WWF%20Storm/Piper.jpg

Archived