Cornellverse Shakeups

Steve DeColt joins NOTBPW

INSPIRE

Enygma joins USPW

The Modern Japan Movement

Moments that shook up the Cornelverse. What other things could POSSIBLY happen that could really shake things up? Jack Bruce joining USPW making the war with SWF even more heated? Dan Stone Jr or Swoop McCarthy defecting to America? Bruce The Giant going back to his native Australia? The FBI sting led by Tex Tagan on SWF actually works and destroys the SWF financially? What do you all think could conceivably happen??

Not sure I'd want the SWF destroyed financially. But even so, given TCW and USPW management, SWF might still be #1.

Swoop to the US is a no-brainer, maybe even SWF.

I could definitely see Jack Bruce to USPW where he could finish out his career.

As for other changes:

Nicky Champion to SWF when Sam Strong retires.

I'd love to see AAA commit one way or the other: war with QAW or running co-branded events/cooperating with them.

And lastly, a bigger name going to either IPW or GSW to really turn the tide in that war. He doesn't even have to be hardcore, as that would REALLY stand out in both of those places.

I think "shakeup" is in the eye of the beholder. Enygma going to USPW doesn't rate nearly as high as Steve getting in bed with the Stones. The Enygma to USPW move is about on par with Kurt Angle going to TNA. It didn't kill the company he left (merely inconvenienced them for a bit) and it didn't all of a sudden turn the company he went to into a global powerhouse. Steve going to NOTBPW was a case of the rich getting richer and setting back CGC at the same time. You want a C-Verse shakeup?

Sam Strong dies (before he retires). In the aftermath, a wellspring of nostalgia and remembrance leads to a ton of USPW alums choosing to go back and "win this war for Sam". Think about that. You now have a fantasy booker's dream of a roster full of people who can work the ring AND the stick. You get Phil Vibert (since he's a free agent, I think?) return to book (or even better, Sam Keith on PPA) and voila! SWF now has ACTUAL competition (not just the 'on paper' variety). They've been gutted of some of their most marketable stars and now they have to rebuild around what's left (Angry Gilmore, perhaps?). There's a real shakeup because it would be like a rock thrown into a still pond: the ripple effects would touch almost every promotion in the C-Verse. Sam worked in every corner of the C-Verse and is/was widely respected by almost everyone (or so it seems) so you could draw people from everywhere. Sensational Ogiwara is a free agent so she can sign with USPW to help run the women's division (much like Sara del Rey does with NXT's divas) and USPW's nostalgia bent becomes reality.

Biggest shakeup I can think of for several reasons. First, it flips SWF and makes them an underdog for once. Secondly, it provides a 'don't screw this up' challenge for anyone who picks up USPW. Third, old faces, new places. And the biggest thing I can think of is the creation of a five headed monster in North America (SWF, TCW, USPW in America, NOTBPW in Canada, SOTBPW in Mexico, all at National). Shakes things up nicely and the various ripples can create their own storylines and epilogues.

And that FBI sting couldn't realistically destroy the SWF financially. AT&T just paid a $100 million fine for duping their customers (cheating them out of data speeds). Banks the world over have paid out billions in fines over recession related issues. How much time did Vince do for steroids with sworn testimony that he facilitated workers in doing them? The hand of justice gets slapped if you have enough money. If SWF is the rough equivalent of WWE, they have more than enough money to do it. Even if you bust Eisen for tax evasion, he'd do a few months in Club Fed (ala Martha Stewart) while still running the company from "inside". I think having him beat the charges (ala Vince) and then get his karmic backlash from the death of his rival makes for a far better narrative.

I think "shakeup" is in the eye of the beholder. Enygma going to USPW doesn't rate nearly as high as Steve getting in bed with the Stones. The Enygma to USPW move is about on par with Kurt Angle going to TNA. It didn't kill the company he left (merely inconvenienced them for a bit) and it didn't all of a sudden turn the company he went to into a global powerhouse. Steve going to NOTBPW was a case of the rich getting richer and setting back CGC at the same time. You want a C-Verse shakeup?

Sam Strong dies (before he retires). In the aftermath, a wellspring of nostalgia and remembrance leads to a ton of USPW alums choosing to go back and "win this war for Sam". Think about that. You now have a fantasy booker's dream of a roster full of people who can work the ring AND the stick. You get Phil Vibert (since he's a free agent, I think?) return to book (or even better, Sam Keith on PPA) and voila! SWF now has ACTUAL competition (not just the 'on paper' variety). They've been gutted of some of their most marketable stars and now they have to rebuild around what's left (Angry Gilmore, perhaps?). There's a real shakeup because it would be like a rock thrown into a still pond: the ripple effects would touch almost every promotion in the C-Verse. Sam worked in every corner of the C-Verse and is/was widely respected by almost everyone (or so it seems) so you could draw people from everywhere. Sensational Ogiwara is a free agent so she can sign with USPW to help run the women's division (much like Sara del Rey does with NXT's divas) and USPW's nostalgia bent becomes reality.

Biggest shakeup I can think of for several reasons. First, it flips SWF and makes them an underdog for once. Secondly, it provides a 'don't screw this up' challenge for anyone who picks up USPW. Third, old faces, new places. And the biggest thing I can think of is the creation of a five headed monster in North America (SWF, TCW, USPW in America, NOTBPW in Canada, SOTBPW in Mexico, all at National). Shakes things up nicely and the various ripples can create their own storylines and epilogues.

And that FBI sting couldn't realistically destroy the SWF financially. AT&T just paid a $100 million fine for duping their customers (cheating them out of data speeds). Banks the world over have paid out billions in fines over recession related issues. How much time did Vince do for steroids with sworn testimony that he facilitated workers in doing them? The hand of justice gets slapped if you have enough money. If SWF is the rough equivalent of WWE, they have more than enough money to do it. Even if you bust Eisen for tax evasion, he'd do a few months in Club Fed (ala Martha Stewart) while still running the company from "inside". I think having him beat the charges (ala Vince) and then get his karmic backlash from the death of his rival makes for a far better narrative.

Is Phil not booking CGC still? Isn't that what made Steve DeColt leave in the first place?

Second, this would be a major shake up to the CVerse. I love the CVerse for its balance. Every company has a purpose to exist (for the most part). The idea that USPW, and not TCW, would be the company to really threaten the SWF is absurd. Bunch of over the hill vets hanging on for one last paycheck, right? NOT ANYMORE.

USPW and TCW join forces to form the World of Wrestling Alliance which features NOTBPW and SOTBPW to take out SWF.

First WWA World Heavyweight Champion will be crowned in a four way

Tommy Cornell Vs Nicky Champion Vs Dan Stone Jr Vs Champagne Lover

Is Phil not booking CGC still? Isn't that what made Steve DeColt leave in the first place?

Second, this would be a major shake up to the CVerse. I love the CVerse for its balance. Every company has a purpose to exist (for the most part). The idea that USPW, and not TCW, would be the company to really threaten the SWF is absurd. Bunch of over the hill vets hanging on for one last paycheck, right? NOT ANYMORE.

Yeah, Phil books CGC and Sam Keith owns MAW so him booking USPW would mean he would give up ownership of MAW if I know how TEW works correctly.

I would think the best shake up would involve TCW pulling a WCW: Cornell's financial troubles compel him to sell to GNN or something. He loses his de facto control, but gains a massive pocketbook, signing away top performers from Japan and Mexico, as well as guys like Angry Gilmore or Squeaky McClean who have main event quality but haven't gotten the push from Eisen. Other companies are then forced to raid the indies to compensate.

Sudo...

What you are describing is exactly the game I play, Cornell avoids the company folding, sells TCW to GNN who takes the Turner approach and wants as much content for it's network as possible. As a result, I'm currently running three brands, Total Wrestling ("A" Show), Sudden Impact ("A" Show) and CPW (We have bought the California Pro Wrestling championship title belt and are treating it's rebirth as the third brand like an NXT-type development show for NBT's). Phil Vibert has been brought in from CGC as the TCW Board of Directors authority figure and has feuded with Cornell since the start. He's very Paul Heymanish in my mind and game.

The TW brand focuses on our most popular ME's/Upper-Midcard guys and is home to the World Heavyweight Championship, new TCW United States Championship (midcard belt defended through feuds) and newly minted TCW Television Championship (mid-lower belt defended weekly to lower card guys). The SI brand focuses on our less popular main eventers/upper-midcard guys and is home to the TCW International Championship (floating title that will become UMC belt) and the TCW Tag-team Championship (UMC/MC belts). The CPW brand as mentioned with focus on NBT's and occassionally will incorporate vets on their way in order to develop experience for the up and comers (Think RDJ, Bryan Vessey, etc).

Since the influx of funds, we have been able to bring some great talent in and 2015's brands will be carried by the following stars:

TW - Tommy Cornell, Wolf Hawkins, Rick Law, Remo, Angry Gilmore, Koshiro Ino

SI - Champagne Lover, Eddie Peak, Sammy Bach, Troy Tornado, Paul Huntingdon, and Des Davids

CPW - Jay Chord's Next Generation Stable (Cam Vessey, Brett Starr, The Keith Brothers, Lisa Bowen), Mo Barrett, KC Glenn, Remmy Skye, Ricky Decolt. Eric Tyler serves as the Authority Figure.

Our current title holders...

WHC - Tom Gilmore

IC - Eddie Peak

TT - The New Wave

US - Texas Pete Goldman

TV - Steven Parker

CPW - Jay Chord

CPW TT - The Keith Brothers

Anne and Marilyn Stardust settle their differences, Marilyn becomes booker of AAA, and turns it into the new BSC. Victoria Stone and Sean McFly divorce. Lucy sides with her mother, and together they run CWWF. Tommy Cornell goes back home to the UK and starts his own company, which leads to JK Stallings returning to the business to take over TCW once again, appointing Tommy's ex-wife Jennifer as on screen owner.

Yeah, my fault. Just in my current game, somehow Vibert was allowed to leave and is now a manager in SWF. I don't pay attention to the men's promotions so all I remember seeing is the news story about him signing with SWF.

Yeah, Phil books CGC and Sam Keith owns MAW so him booking USPW would mean he would give up ownership of MAW if I know how TEW works correctly.

No. Keith can be an owner and still work elsewhere. It was one of the features of TEW13. Owners can work elsewhere but will give higher priority to their own promotions (Owner/booker priorities). As long as USPW's shows don't conflict with MAW's, Sam can work both places fairly easily.

I'm convinced the next "big shakeup" is going to be the addition of Tier 1 to both the game world and the Modern Japan Movement. A PPV structure works perfect for them, and it allows a larger platform for new/old talent. Tier 1 is kayfabe MMA in the style of Inspire -- however, the promotion is an off-shoot of the WMMA4 Company Alpha-1 and part of the larger "Naruto" corporation, so they will come in with a lot of hype, possible new stars and flush with money once they officially enter the game data.

If Modern Japan stays at four, I think EX2010 gets the axe. From a balance, redundancy, development and funds standpoint, they make the most sense -- I really think having two Lucharesu/Junior promotions in Japan running the Modern Japan schedule (PPV and TV) is a waste. I'd love to see EX2010 leave and tour throughout the country.

My personal "SWF Falls" storyline would combine two elements: one gameplay and one Real-Life Corollary between Vince and Richard Eisen. Vince McMahon is notorious for his "brand favoritism", he prefers guys who came up in his system and have "the look". There are a couple of youngsters who fit "McMahon Look" and have a "lack of talent" in developmental: Avalanche, Ranger, and Bear Bekowski all come to mind. Richard Eisen could screw SWF doing this "his way" and insisting on "his brand" similar to McMahon, and the wrong people could get pushed/de-pushed.

There would have to be a "work-around" for Spencer Spade -- he is one of the major stars of the SWF developmental system, one of the (not considering destiny rolls/etc) top five "prospects" at the start of the game and already has the moniker of "The Supreme Star". The major hurdle could be his size -- Richard could insist he simply isn't big enough to carry the mantel, and he could end up peaking as an under-pushed "upper-midcard" guy.

The fluctuation in size for larger promotions could lead to an SWF "downturn". There is a definite "too big to fail" element in TEW 2013: "Global" and "International" companies are prone to sudden swings in size and reversals in fortune due to the "Cooling Down" period, and SWF could ride a hot streak to International, hit a rough patch, fire/replace Michaels as booker, and plummet downwards with a series of poor decisions. The two scenarios combined could put SWF in an "underdog" role to either TCW or USPW.

I think SWF's rise to global suits both Gameplay and Realism purposes. A "dominant" Global SWF can compete in multiple National Wars. If SWF is National in Canada (not a stretch) and National in Japan (a stretch), the game starts with two national battles, and at Global, the challenge "creates itself" for SWF not to drastically fall in size. USPW's role as the "third place" in the National Battles in TEW 2013/2014 has always bothered me: they are at national for the gameplay experience of a National Battle in the States, and rarely reach that status again after falling to Cult. The promotion deserves better than a "placeholder position", a focus on developing star(s) instead of short-term talent poaches (Baine, Justice and Enygma) to "reach National" would pay off -- even if it means staying at High Cult.

Guest Asaemon

I could see TIER 1 and WWA enter the gameworld. I also wouldn't be surprised if JK StaLlings Jr is the brains behind the shady SL Corporation.

I also wouldn't be surprised if CGC is inactive or have closen their dojo (since they don't have any future dojo graduates) and the talented workers and non-wrestlers on their roster works in WWA, SWF, TCW or somewhere else. SWF probably should have taken a financial and prestigous hit by The Operation Lullaby.

I think the big shakeup should come from how content is delivered. Perhaps USPW successfully create and market a network similar to the WWE network and people rush to subscribe. This puts USPW in a position to sign huge names and head towards being the number one company in the world. Perhaps the SWF are slow to react and lose ground, perhaps TCW stubbornly stick to the PPV model.

Every wrestling company in the world worth its salt has some kind of video on demand now. It's revolutionised how we watch wrestling and its effects on the C-Verse would be fascinating.

I think the big shakeup should come from how content is delivered. Perhaps USPW successfully create and market a network similar to the WWE network and people rush to subscribe. This puts USPW in a position to sign huge names and head towards being the number one company in the world. Perhaps the SWF are slow to react and lose ground, perhaps TCW stubbornly stick to the PPV model.

Every wrestling company in the world worth its salt has some kind of video on demand now. It's revolutionised how we watch wrestling and its effects on the C-Verse would be fascinating.

USPW would be the last company to do something progressive

It would be SWF because you have to have alot of money to start such a thing, the third company wouldn't put that much money down

Their product might be stuck in the fifties but i'm sure they use HD cameras and internet marketing. Also, what's more American than innovative marketing and product delivery?

"We want you...to honor your country and sign up to the All American Combat Network for just $9.99!"

USPW would be the last company to do something progressive

It would be SWF because you have to have alot of money to start such a thing, the third company wouldn't put that much money down

USPW could try, and have it fail causing them to plummet down the rankings after a stint at 1.

USPW could try, and have it fail causing them to plummet down the rankings after a stint at 1.

This could work,I'm just thinking it would be a huge risk for a company like USPW which is like TNA's size to start it up.

Maybe USPW and TCW join forces to start something up to take down SWF.

Or USPW and a couple indies that way they don't take all the financial responsibility

This could work,I'm just thinking it would be a huge risk for a company like USPW which is like TNA's size to start it up.

Maybe USPW and TCW join forces to start something up to take down SWF.

Or USPW and a couple indies that way they don't take all the financial responsibility

USPW is larger than TNA has ever been. TNA has never risen above cult. Even in their best days they never made the leap.

USPW is more like WCW was in 1993/1994 where they were National, but just barely.

You would think that networks would be the big change to the next game and you want the C-Verse to change to make them relevant. The SWF being slow to adapt and losing the number one spot to USPW or TCW gives the network addition credibility in the game world.

There are loads of ways to make USPW being the early adopters make sense; maybe Sam Strong dies or becomes ill or maybe they get a big investment from somewhere.

You could make this change by having the SWF fail with a network but if the biggest company in the world can't make it work then who can?

Sam Strong doesn't have to leave; his bio says that has surprising business sense. He could understand the value of taking advantage of the internet. After all, who would know better about how to self market to an audience than the Hulk Hogan expy?

This made me laugh!

TNA now isn't even a regional promotion - when was the last time when they had at least 1000 PAID spectators in attendance? They are small promotion in TEW terms that runs their shows in one location!

Even at they all time high they were only a regional promotion, that had some popularity (draw power) outside their home region too...

Archived