GloryVerse Mod - Submissions

Name: Inzane King

Size: Middleweight

Origin: England

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Kenny Omega body, with a cool mask (something related to his name would be good)

Style: Puroresu Style

Finisher: Ha-Cha! (scissor kick), Lunar Assault (corkscrew senton bomb)

Bio: One of the best known gaijin's (a wrestler in a japanese promotion who isn't japanese) in pro wrestling, Inzane King has always prefered the japanese style to the american. Starting his career out as a junior, people thought that he was japanese as he never took his mask off in ring and never spoke. He had great success in his first few years, and Inzane quickly rose the main division. After his real nationality got realised he achieved more international attention, as discussions about how and why he started in Japan began. Inzane has since been a major pull for GSP as the main gaijin on the roster. Stating that he has never been interested in relocating to any other area, Inzane has recently made some interesting headlines exclaiming that he actually now will consider relocating when his contract with GSP is up. It will be interesting to see what the gaijin will do.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Winner

Name: Victor Shawn

Origin: American

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Shawn Michaels

Style: Entertainer

Finisher: All To Win (Low Blow Roll-up) and Victory Road (Snapmare Driver)

Stats: Great Wrestler with Charisma To Burn

Bio: Victor Shawn debuted as a new found talent by New York City Combat,After years stuck in the Lower-Midcard because of horrible gimmicks like "The Pimp" Victor Potter,"The Clown" Funny Vic or "No Gimmick Nedded" Victor Shawn (used his real name in this one).Recently he was given Creative Freedom to develop his own gimmick and became "The Winner" Victor Tron,A wrestler that was obssesed with victory,winning titles and completely freaks out when lossing,This new gimmick was a success and Victor soon became one of the,if not the best heel of the company.After his first title match loss,he started carrying a fake title and calling himself the "Real Champion" of NWCC,this added even more Heat to the character.

Name: Jeffrey Long

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Jerry Lawler (colour commentator)

Style: Never Wrestles,Road Agent

Finisher: NONE

Stats: Really Good Road Agent

Bio: Jeffrey Long is a highly respected Wrestling road agent and booker,he is known for giving Freedom for the wrestlers to develop their gimmicks,normaly with a good result like "The Winner" Victor Tron.He is currently working for NWCC as their top road agent and one of the head bookers.

My tribute to Daniel Bryan.

Name: Jamie Lewis

Looks: Chris Benoit

Origin: English, white

Bio: Jaimie Lewis was once an EGO top prospect. He was so over with the fans, a job opertunity in AoW was hard to turn down. His high technical skils and crowd pop got him pushed to the main event way too early and he ended up getting concusion after concussion after concussion, and at the age of 29 he retired for the sake of his brain and his 12 year old son, Cole.

He is now working in EGO as a road agent, putting together the best matches the have produced in some time.

New Age Kingdom

A stable idea for EGO :D

Stable

Name: New Age Kingdom

Promotion: EGO

Formed: 3 Years before game starts

Type: Active

Momentum: C+

Description: The "New Age Kingdom" are a stable of EGO,but instead of being a "Gimmicky Kingdom",they are a "Realistic Cocky Kingdom",they all use normal wrestling attires instead of the King using a cape,a crown,etc. or the knight using a armor.They say the are the "Superior Part" of the EGO roster because they have good wrestling ability and have Blue Blood.

Name: King Martin

Appearance/Comparison in real life: King Arthur (https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj0rOr_lu7KAhVEFpAKHc5OCZYQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.codeavengers.com%2Fc%2Fvictoriag%2Fkingarthur.html&psig=AFQjCNE-sOik1ebQKtLOp7KX-YcVDyb4-A&ust=1455227399941546)

Finisher: Guillotine (Running Knee to the Head)

Stats: Above average wrestler but really good on the Mic

Bio: King Martin (Real Name: Martin Clark) is the Leader of the "New Age Kingdom",He was the creative mind that got the idea for the Stable on the backstage and soon debuted as "King Martin",A obnoxious leader that wants to prove he is the best to the "Peasants",The gimmick was very succesful and Martin become very influential in the EGO backstage,something that could be disastrous because of his Arrogant Personality.

Name: Prince Kennedy

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Paul London

Style: Regular Wrestler

Finisher: Guillotine (Running Knee to the Head)

Stats: Good wrestler and somewhat charismatic

Bio: Prince Kennedy (Real Name: Kennedy Parks) is the "Kayfabe" Son of King Martin and Queen Eliza and future of the "New Age Kingdon",Despite being used as a "Flamboyant Cowardly Prince" that normally needs help to win his matches,Kennedy really has talent for wrestling,wich made him one of the biggest EGO prospects is no time.

Name: Queen Eliza

Size: Small

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Bella Twins

Style: Never Wrestles,Valet

Finisher: NONE

Stats: Good Valet

Bio: Queen Eliza (Real Name: Eliza Karma) is the Valet and real-life Wife of King Martin and also a valuable member of the "New Age Kingdom",Eliza normally is the mouthpiece of the group uncharismatic workers like "The Knight",She also started competing as a female wrestler but gave up after the first 2 months to became a Full-Time Valet.

Name: Knight Patrick

Size: Heavyweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Triple H

Style: Brawler

Finisher: Stell Hit (Brass Knuckles Punch) and Leviathan (Spear)

Stats: Good Wrestler,extremely good at brawling but Uncharismatic

Bio: Patrick Blackheart started his wrestling career in (10 years before game starts) and with his great potential he was soon hired by EGO,he had dificults to rise up the rankings because he had some type of "Anti-Charisma" that made everyone Hate Him,he was recently turned into "Knight Patrick" and place into the "New Age Kingdom" as an enforcer.EGO really hopes he can learn to show some charisma for being surrounder with workers like Martin or Jester.

Name: Jester

Size: Lightweight

Origin: Canadian

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Crazzy Steve

Style: Cruiserweight

Finisher: Bozo Bump (Senton Bomb)

Stats: Really Good wrestler with high flying ability and charismatic but 0 microphone ability and cannot speak any languages

Bio: Jester,Believe it or not its his real name,started his wrestling career on the canadian indies and was a Awesome Wrestler but with one Great Weakness,He is Mute!.after just some years on the industry,he was hired by CCC but released after one year after a disastrous run because he cannot speak on the Microphone,EGO saw his talent and hired him to be the "Funny Jester" of the "New Age Kingdom".His great talent made he get over really fast and what started just as "Comic Relief" is now becoming one of the Biggest Stars of the company!,Right now he haves the New Age Kingdom to talk for him but its still unknown if he can work solo because of his Weakness.

Loose Cannons

2 of my favorite wrestlers i have made so far

Name: Alan Storm

Size: Light Heavyweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Shawn Stasiak

Finisher: Eye Of The Storm (Pumphandle Slam)

Stats: Above Average Wrestler and extremely entertaining

Bio: "Ticking Time Bomb" Alan Storm debuted in RAW as one half of The "Crazy Community" Tag Team,After his partner was fired he adopted the gimmick of Crazy and Umpredictable "Loose Cannon" and got over really fast.Has alredy done some Big Spots with this gimmick like making promos and then Smacking the mic to the ground or when he pointed a gun at Joey Corey and SHOT!!!,But the gun just covered Joey in conffeti,He surely is a main part of RAW and will have a good carrer in the company abd even has chances of being contracted by bigger companies.

Name: Tyler Neverland

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Bray Wyatt (with the Husky Harris style beard)

Finisher: Never Again (STO)

Stats: Good Wrestler and Good Charisma

Bio: Tyler Neverland debuted in RAW as one half of the "Crazy Community" Tag Team but was fired after some backstage incidents,He was struggling in the Independent Scene until he tried a "complete character change" and become The "Fourth Wall Breaker" Tyler Realike,In This Gimmick he claimed the world or "TEW" as he called was just a "Game" that was in complete control of the "Users",the "Users" are a group of mysterious wrestlers or personalities that have complete knowledge of everything that happened and used it as a Advantage,Some "Users" even use something called "The Editor" that can cause changes to reality in the blink of an eye!.Normally when you try such a strange Gimmick it normally is a Complete Success or a Ultimate Fail,In this case it was the first one.The new character was a Hit with the indy fans and Tyler is getting over pretty fast,He can even become the New Face Of Wrestling and transform the world into "Realikeverse" as he says.

NYCC Tag Team

Name: Greg Vite

Size: Small

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Adrian Neville (PAC)

Style: Spot Monkey

Finisher: Gravity Defier (Shotting Star Press)

Stats: Above Average Wrestler with Very Good high flying skills

Bio: Greg Vite and Mastodon both started on the american independent scene when They were very young but didnt find much success because they are just "One Trick Wrestlers",Greg is the General Flashy High Flier and Mastodon is the Undefeatable Brute Monster.Both of them were hired by NYCC and paired togueter and despite their diferent styles,They have incledible chemistry!,The high flier manouvers of Greg combined with the Brute Force of Mastodon form the unstoppable tag team "New Generation".After just 1 year on NYCC,they raised to become reliable midcarders of the company and even held the Tag Team Titles one time.

Name: Mastodon

Size: Big Heavyweight

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Baron Corbin (without the tatto)

Finisher: Wall Breaker (Running Shoulder Breaker)

Stats: Average Wrestler with Good brawling ability

Bio: Greg Vite and Mastodon both started on the american independent scene when They were very young but didnt find much success because they are just "One Trick Wrestlers",Greg is the General Flashy High Flier and Mastodon is the Undefeatable Brute Monster.Both of them were hired by NYCC and paired togueter and despite their diferent styles,They have incledible chemistry!,The high flier manouvers of Greg combined with the Brute Force of Mastodon form the unstoppable tag team "New Generation".After just 1 year on NYCC,they raised to become reliable midcarders of the company and even held the Tag Team Titles one time.

This mod project was interesting enough for me to register. :)

I was wondering if there were plans for Australia? It's very strange that both the Cornell- and Thunderverse (not to mention many Real World Mods) act like pro wrestling is something that the antipodes only discovered quite recently. I mean, sure, Australia doesn't have a long heritage, but Peter Maivia, Tony Garea, Abe Jacobs, the Sheepherders, and Pat O'Connor all had to get their start somewhere! :cool:

If it's a blank slate, I could write up some Australasian promotions at Regional and below, plus workers for them. My pick would be a dinosaur (although with some hardcore elements) with a trendy upstart (featuring more high-flying) in NZ, a new-ish mainstream success based in Eastern Australia + one or two extras that I haven't really considered. Basically enough that there could be Regional Battles and competition over workers in Australia without weighing down the mod with too much stuff that hardly anyone really cares about. ;)

I'll have some personal thoughts and some answer for a few questions asked:

@fabioman

I like the stable but I have two small remarks:

1) I think the stable is more adapt for Grand Style Puroresu instead of World Mountain Wrestling. As stated in its bio, WMW is more about hard hitting heavyweights, similar to the late '90 AJPW or early NOAH years, the King's Road style. GSP is more like the actual NJPW, with a mix of where the UWF invasion inspired the nWo creation in WCW. Given their mix of weights and styles GSP would be the best choice.

2) I don't like the name because it has the same name as the WWE stable, which is a ripoff of the international organization that was before the United Nations, called League Of Nations. I would like it more just call it The Nation. Different backgrounds, different countries, one way to live professional wrestling, The Nation.

@ Big Mark Smark

I think a few thought about Australia because we were basically concentrating on USA, Canada, Japan and Europe, now UK also. I like your ideas and I'm curious about on what will develop. About one of the few spare, I have an idea to a key character and his promotion to fit the hardcore-deathmatch global spree. :D

In general, a small remark for me and all the contributors.

Check all the submissions, especially about the appearance, real life comparison. We can't have a lot four or five spitting image of the same person, unless we decide someone would have seven look a like around the globe... :D

In general, a small remark for me and all the contributors.

Check all the submissions, especially about the appearance, real life comparison. We can't have a lot four or five spitting image of the same person, unless we decide someone would have seven look a like around the globe... :D

Great to see that you're taking action! I wondered if you could take a look at some of my new submissions aswell as some of the updated submissions of old. It would be great if someone other than myself could look over them, I may not be the best at judging my own stuff:p

Really hoping Cro Cop updates us on his situation soon!

I am willing to work on the mod, if someone knows how to start, I can work on the bulk of Bios and Stats, ofc only after Cro Cop hasn't answered for a while longer, just putting the idea out there. I have been excited since the start, and i don't want this mod to end for any reason, I have sent a PM to Cro, but I haven't gotten an answer yet. If someone are interested to potentially help me, I would apreciate it! :D

I am willing to work on the mod, if someone knows how to start, I can work on the bulk of Bios and Stats, ofc only after Cro Cop hasn't answered for a while longer, just putting the idea out there. I have been excited since the start, and i don't want this mod to end for any reason, I have sent a PM to Cro, but I haven't gotten an answer yet. If someone are interested to potentially help me, I would apreciate it! :D

I could help,i would really like to work on the mod!!!

I'll have some personal thoughts and some answer for a few questions asked:

@fabioman

I like the stable but I have two small remarks:

1) I think the stable is more adapt for Grand Style Puroresu instead of World Mountain Wrestling. As stated in its bio, WMW is more about hard hitting heavyweights, similar to the late '90 AJPW or early NOAH years, the King's Road style. GSP is more like the actual NJPW, with a mix of where the UWF invasion inspired the nWo creation in WCW. Given their mix of weights and styles GSP would be the best choice.

2) I don't like the name because it has the same name as the WWE stable, which is a ripoff of the international organization that was before the United Nations, called League Of Nations. I would like it more just call it The Nation. Different backgrounds, different countries, one way to live professional wrestling, The Nation.

1: I was originally going to make the stable for GSP but i though it would be overkill since the Indy Boyz alredy were the "Main" stable of GSP (before they breaked up)

2: The Nation sounds cool!!!

I got a short/long term team here of bros who would be cool if you put them anywhere.

Name: Sean Libby

Origin: Europe (Ireland) *can work anywhere*

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Sheamus

Style: Regular Style *Bit of a heavy hitter and charismatic*

Finisher: Fella Crossing

Bio: Up to you

Name: Eric Libby

Origin: Ireland *can work anywhere*

Appearance/Comparison in real life: Sean O'Haire

Style: Technician (not very compelling underwhelming but good at making matches look good)

Finisher: Silent Nights *Sub*

Bio: Up to you

The premise is Sean, the younger brother is highly skilled for his age and looks to have a better future than his older brother who for 10 years could never find his footing.

Future Diva

Name: Anny Indy

Size: Very Small

Origin: american

Appearance/Comparison in real life: AJ Lee

Finisher: Indy Tap-out (Crossface) and Vitimizer (Head-Drop Hurricanrana)

Stats: Good wrestlers,Great star quality,Charismatic and Beautiful but resilence below 50

Bio: Anny Indy is one of the best woman prospects of this generation,Good ability,Striking looks and insane charisma are just some of the perks that made her get hired by WoW after just 1 year in the Indies,The only problem is that she is very injury prone,she got injured 2 times during her training and also Broke her hand in her first WoW match after falling from the top rope,But she showed Warrior Spirit and still finished the match,With this big weakness on her side,her future is uncertain but nobody can deny that if she overcomes that,she will be a Future Legend.

Australia

This will be somewhat long.

Let's start with a basic scheme for the area:

• Pacific Wrestling Union, the oldest promotion in Australasia. Their product is Traditional (Key Feature), with Mainstream (medium) influences and a dash of realism, hardcore, and pure wrestling (all at low).
  • God Zone Wrestling, a breakaway promotion from the PWU. Their product is Modern (Key Feature) and has a Cult (Heavy) following, with a dash of Comedy and Daredevil (both at low).
  • MATILDA, a very serious women's wrestling promotion. Their product emphasises Realism (Key Feature) and is Modern (Heavy) with Traditional (medium) Influences.
  • Kings of the Ring, a "sex and violence" promotion (verging on wrestling's answer to Game of Thrones). Their product is still attempting to address a Mainstream (Key Feature) audience, but it Risque elements to attract a Cult following (both at medium) and has some Hardcore (low) elements.
  • Don't Try This at Home! is a highly family-friendly promotion, emphasising Comedy (Key Feature). They have a decent Mainstream (medium) appeal and retain some Traditional (low) aspects.

I think that allows for workers with a fair variety of styles to fit in, though I didn't think that a Lucha Libre promotion was really necessary and figured that either someone else would come up with a full on hardcore/deathmatch fed or that Australian Psychopaths could find a natural fit in other areas. :) I have more detailed introductions for the two NZ-based promotions.

Pacific Wrestling Union

Founded: 1930

Product: New Zealand Traditional

Size: Regional (strongest in New Zealand, also have a little popularity in the UK)

Owner: Commonwealth Breweries

Booker: Meatworker Murder

Schedule: Touring

Flagship shows: PWU at the Wellington Town Hall (annual event, season finale), Best of Pacific Wrestling (TV/Highlights), Commonwealth Cup (annual event: tag team tournament), McClay Cup (annual event: singles tournament)

Titles: World Heavyweight Champion (Main Event: previously Pacific Heavyweight, renamed about twenty years before the current date), New Zealand Openweight Champion (Floating), World Tag Team Champions (Floating: previously Pacific Tag Team Champions, renamed about twenty years before the current date),

History: The grand-daddy of professional wrestling in New Zealand, the PWU was founded in 1930 by US-born promoter Abe McClay. McClay lacked the capital to get his project off the ground, but he found a backer with deep pockets in the Kiwi Brewery, which saw wrestling as a fine vehicle for promoting its pale lager. Kiwi’s incorporation into the beer giant Commonwealth Breweries (CB) did nothing to break up the so-called “booze and brawling connection”. All the old greats of New Zealand wrestling worked at PWU at one point, and a few of them - most notably Peter Peters, Rodney Cooper, and the Meatworkers - went on to become international stars.

PWU still markets itself to an audience of working-class men, with a traditional product and strict kayfabe. A tightly-knit cabal of loyal older workers keeps order in the locker-room, and until recently the threat of being lambasted in the press as a lying coward has kept the young lions from rebelling. However, the PWU’s iron grip slackened in the late 90s when the Meatworkers returned and ran their “American wrestling is fake” gimmick. Even with the press bought and paid for by CB’s money, people still began to question whether the local product was any more real than what they denounced in the US. The continued loss of young talent and fans to God Zone Wrestling, not to mention foreign competitors, has the board wondering if the time has finally come to change course and admit that kayfabe is dead.

The Challenge: PWU has deep pockets for its size but relies heavily on aging stars. Can you build a new generation of main eventers before the competition runs you down? And will you abandon your traditions in order to better compete with your upstart competitors - would that be winning the battle, or losing the war?

Note: As this promotion insists that they're basically the only place on the planet that real wrestling happens, I considered renaming them as the "World Wrestling Union". But that might be pushing things at Regional Size ;)

God Zone Wrestling

Founded: (five years before game starts)

Product: New Zealand Indy

Size: Small (New Zealand)

Owner: Gordon Charles Sebastian Bennett

Booker: Gordon Charles Sebastian Bennett

Schedule: Regular

Flagship shows: Great Southern Slam (annual event), other events include Savage Island and Slice of Havoc.

Titles: GZW Impossible Champion (Main Event), GZW Ace of Aces (Floating), GZW Tag Team Champions (Midcard)

History: There have always New Zealand workers who didn’t fit into the PWU’s style, creating a cycle of breakaways and mergers. God Zone Wrestling is the most recent contender, founded by rookie promoter Richard Moorman (later to achieve fame under the stage name Gordon Charles Sebastian Bennett). Although GZW lacked for financial clout, Moorman was able to get his promotion a foothold in the industry just by making it everything PWU wasn’t: contemporary, high-flying, and largely bloodless.

GZW has a strong counter-culture appeal and its fanbase is fairly young. The promotion has also been able to attract a substantial female audience, though the jury's still out on how. Some say it's due to having women promoted as serious ring competitors, others suggest that the presence of handsome athletic young men is a bigger draw.

The Challenge: Although small and poor, you have momentum and a talented roster. If you can stay out of debt and maintain or replace your key draws, GZW could go far.

Made a dude for your promotion Smark! Hope he's okay with you! :D:D

Name: Aussie Joker

Origin: Australia

Appearance/Comparison in real life: High flyer with a creepy clown mask (I know I know), think Jared Leto's joker

Finisher: Killer Joke (The phenomal forearm), Your Last Laugh (Lifting DDT, sometimes from second rope)

Bio: A scary "man" indeed, the Aussie Joker has terrorized the PWU for years. An inventive style indeed, Aussie Joker uses an array of arial moves combined with stiff kicks, there have been cases of Aussie Joker kicking the teeth of some other wrestler out. Even with his impressive high flying style, AJ is mainly known for his craziness, both in and out of the ring, scaring fellow workers with creepy stares and smiles. A trait of his has been that he could turn anyone crazy at any time, not even the strongest of minds can resist his crazy laugh. People always seem to turn around when they see him, noone dares to think of what he could do to their minds if he got close. One of the few decently young wrestlers left in PWU, they may have to rely on AJ for years to come. It seems that the higher ups in PWU don't particulary like his style though.

The problem persisted, as AJ never got pushed the way he wanted, as PWU saw him as too "risque". After a few more years of poor booking for him, he decided to jump ship to Kings of the Ring, where has have been the main pull of the promotion since his arrival. His great entertaining skills is something the promotion has really needed since its upstart. He has been in Kings of the Ring for two years now, and he has already claimed the main title multiple times. Some say that PWU regret the decision of departing with him, as he has become known outside of Australia aswell because of his character. We might see AJ go to a bigger promotion in the near future, but he seems content in the "Crazy House" of Kings of the Ring.

Did somebody say make an Australian hardcore fed? Your resident deathmatch fanatic has come to save the day!

Name: Suntan, Blood and Light Tubes

Founded: March 1990

Product: Hardcore, Risque and Modern (Key), Daredevil (heavy) and Triditional (medium)

Owner: Kerry Anderson

Booker: Beefy Burt

T&A: High

Women's Wrestling: Intergrated

Championships: SBL Deathmatch (Main Event), SBL Tag Team (Midcard)

Bio: SBL Wrestling was invented by a non-registered pyscho known as Kerry Anderson in 1990 after a failed tour with Blood Sport that saw him almost kill Renji Ryunaga in the ring with a peice of broken glass. After a 4 year sentence in an Australian prison, Kerry made SBL right in the middle of Queensland.

Filled with more boobies, willies, bloodies and light tubes you can find, SBL is a clusterf*** of nudity, blood and actual wrestling. With three divisions; the nude wrestling, the deathmatch wrestling, and the female wrestling, SBL attracts many...many aged 18+ fans women and men alike.

SBL was nearly shut down because of it's extremely liberal product, but it keeps bouncing back out. Almost 30 years later, SBL is watering down it's nude division to just female wrestlers with good sex appeal and appualing male wrestlers, whilst it's deathmatch division is still up and running. It's female division dissapered when the intergrated product came along. It has lost it's momentum, but Kerry is still as adamant as anything that boobies and blood is the best combination to ever exist. Plus, with the added female support, he thinks it is the best product in Australia.

The Big Problem: SBL's major problem is that 90% of the roster can't wrestle. And those who can are instantly assigned deathmatch. Kerry and Burt asign everybody else who can't take a bump to the nude division, which pisses people off so much they leave and never come back. Now, with it's smallest ever fanbase, and lack of actual wrestling talent, SBL is in major deep water.

I am going to upload Kerry, Burt and some of the other prospects later!

@MortiSporti, Aussie Joker is an interesting character but PWU's traditional brass would probably tell him to cut out all that stupid jumping around if he wanted a push. ;) Remember: PWU is so traditional that they still claim to be a legitimate contest!

But a worker with the charisma for a dark gimmick and a reputation for injuring other wrestlers could do really well at Kings of the Ring. Maybe you could string that together and have AJ be a guy who started out at the PWU but got sick of being held down for his style and jumped ship?

To help get the PWU vibe across, here's a couple of their workers. Let's start with one of their former stars and current booker:

Meatworker Murder

Origin: New Zealander (white)

Appearance: Rugged features, with a strong brow and jaw. (Colin Meads would be a decent model.)

Roles: Personality, Road Agent

Finisher: Headbutt

Skills: Still has some brawling/hardcore skills and power, but he’s retired so whatever. Good psychology (B?) and plenty of respect.

Personality: Egotistical, liberal, generous, and driven.

Bio: In his 2009 autobiography, “Behind the Mask”, Meatworker Murder (real name Keith Bishop) admitted that he couldn’t remember a time before he was fighting. At fifteen he was already big enough to be taken on as enhancement talent by the PWU, and after a five year apprenticeship Bishop was ready to be repackaged into what would become one of the most notorious tag teams in New Zealand wrestling. Alongside Meatworker Mayhem (John Waitt), Murder would lift the Pacific Tag Team belts an unprecedented five times, including a dominant and blood-stained thirty-two month reign. The Meatworkers also performed, with no small success, in hardcore and brawling matches across North America’s lesser promotions before being offered contracts by Global Championship Wrestling.

Perhaps surprisingly, the aging duo turned down a shot at the big time. GCW wanted to repackage the Meatworkers into a comedy act, trading on the oddity on their accents and New Zealand slang to get them over, but the proposal fell flat with Bishop and Waitt. Disgusted by their brief brush with “sports entertainment”, the Meatworkers returned to New Zealand for a final, inspired run. Discarding their masks, Murder and Mayhem incorporated shoot interviews into their act, denouncing North American wrestling as fraudulent (and implying that PWU was presenting a legitimate product). The routine got them over as babyfaces for the first time in their long careers - although dirt sheets snidely remarked on the irony of the Meatworkers refusing sports entertainment in the US only to bring it back to NZ.

Following his retirement from the active roster, Meatworker Murder became a road agent with PWU. He has been ever-present in the promotion’s locker-room, only taking a long-term absence during Keith Waitt’s last months. After mourning his tag team partner, Murder threw himself into the industry with renewed vigor, impressing the higher-ups enough to be made chief booker. That never-say-die attitude might be just what PWU needs.

Albert Steel

Size: Lightweight

Appearance: Plain and wiry (the NZ triathlete Hamish Carter wouldn’t be a bad model)

Style: Technician

Roles: Wrestler

Finisher: Armbar, ankle lock

Skills: A sound veteran performer. Good athlete if not powerful, solid technician with very good submission skills. Horrible on the mic, poor charisma and star quality.

Personality: Easy to work with (humble/dependable/very loyal), somewhat conservative for a NZ worker

Bio: A legitimate Judo champion, Steel is a pure ring-worker. He is small, softly spoken, and lacks a distinctive look, but his technical skills and athleticism have always stood out in New Zealand’s wrestling scene. As a small, skilled worker, Steel is a natural babyface and lacks the charisma to generate heel heat.

PWU have never pushed Steel as their top guy, instead relying on his ring-work to help put other workers over. Two of his three New Zealand Openweight title reigns were short transitional championships, helping to move the belt from one heel to another. After repeatedly sticking with PWU despite offers from GZW, Steel’s loyalty was rewarded with an impressive fifteen-month NZOW run in which he was booked as a brave fighting underdog.

The PWU's top face and heel

These two should have great ring chemistry and be friends (though not best friends).

Mr. New Zealand II

Appearance: Solidly built worker, almost always wears a mask featuring the Southern Cross (white-bordered red stars on a blue field).

Style: Regular Wrestler

Finisher: Southern Cross (Figure-four) Leglock

Skills: Great performer with decent brawling and technical skills. Very charismatic and still has a good look.

Personality: Locker Room Leader.

Bio: After spending five years paying his dues under various masked jobber gimmicks, Matthew King was hand-picked by the original Mr. New Zealand to wear the famous Southern Cross mask. Since his "debut" as Mr. New Zealand II, he has been one of PWU's leading babyfaces, always in or around the main event. His ferocious feuds with the Moa Hunter have produced some of the biggest crowd reactions in recent times. Grown men wept when Mr. New Zealand II unmasked and "retired" after failing to beat the Moa Hunter in Last Man Standing Match, and the pop for his inevitable re-masked return to the ring was deafening.

Mr. New Zealand II is still the master of the patriotic babyface gimmick, but age and injuries are starting to catch up with him. Always the consummate professional, he'll work as long as his body holds out to give PWU time to build a new "franchise".

The Moa Hunter

Size: Big Heavyweight

Origin: New Zealander (polynesian)

Appearance: He's a big polynesian worker with a "strongfat" build (more similar to Vader than Yokozuna). He has legitimate facial tattoos to add to his natural menace.

Finisher: Splash

Skills: Good brawler with decent performance skills for a big man. Has good charisma and star quality and awesome menace.

Personality: Humble, Loyal, and Naive, he's a gentle giant at heart.

Bio: The Moa Hunter's career is a testament to the patient and long-term thinking of PWU's bookers. For seventeen years, the monster heel was kept in a holding pattern: never being pinned or submitting, but never pushed against the company's top guys. As an agent of the villainous valet Moana, the Moa Hunter was an unstoppable but unambitious thug.

When the time came to pull the trigger on the Moa Hunter, PWU went all out with the famous and lucrative "Extinction" storyline. The Moa Hunter brutally dispatched his manager and went on the warpath with the new Mr. New Zealand and forced the face to "retire" after a double knock-out in a rubber match. With his rival out of the way, the Moa Hunter started destroying the whole roster, one - or more! - after the other. A year-long rampage was finally put to an end when a returning Mr. New Zealand II forced the Moa Hunter to tap out with the Southern Cross.

Unfortunately, the same patient approach that allowed for such dramatic use of the Moa Hunter frustrated his would-be heirs. In the ten years since the Extinction, no worker has been prepared to pay their dues and wait their turn to be the company's terrible monster heel. Mr. New Zealand II vs. The Moa Hunter still draws (though the match has to be booked sparingly), but time is clearly running out on the big man's career.

@MortiSporti, Aussie Joker is an interesting character but PWU's traditional brass would probably tell him to cut out all that stupid jumping around if he wanted a push. ;) Remember: PWU is so traditional that they still claim to be a legitimate contest!

But a worker with the charisma for a dark gimmick and a reputation for injuring other wrestlers could do really well at Kings of the Ring. Maybe you could string that together and have AJ be a guy who started out at the PWU but got sick of being held down for his style and jumped ship?

Thought he might be a little to crazy for PWU :p

I did what you requested and added that because of his success in Kings of the Ring he might want to go abroad, we'll see :cool:

Archived