Marvel Cinematic Universe Mod.

Long story short, my hard drive died and I lost a bunch of TEW data I was working on. So I started making a CBH data based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe (mainly the Films, TV shows, short films, though I may end up using tie-in comics/video games of the MCU as well)

To make a data like this work, some small alterations are being made obviously, but the idea is to make it all plausible and semi-realistic (?) for the MCU.

Right now the data is based during the events of Ant-Man, so Yellowjacket is still around, dead villains is probably the biggest issue with the data, as I've been using permanent deaths since thats what the MCU does, adding more villains is where a lot of the making stuff up is going to have to happen. Also, it might be worth waiting a bit into the Agents of SHIELD season until the most villains are active and also use that as a cutoff point. As having Ant-Man, January Jones, & Agents of SHIELD all "in progress" allows the most wiggle room for adding villains while the stories are likely not mingled enough to make me have to call Ant-Man over and Yellowjacket dead.

Right now the only time I'm focusing on is 2015, though I may incorporate Agent Carter and some of Captain America, the First Avenger, into a timeframe in the 1947 or whatever.

I'll probably have a data out by Monday/Tuesday, but it wont be playable, but I just want to put it out there for some feedback if anyone even downloads it. I think the final data will be released sometime after January Jones comes out on Netflix since it will allow me to add many new characters, I'd assume.

Any person destroyed by an Infinity stone is assumed to be in an alternate dimension. Basically because the Red Skull theory that he got teleported (even looked like it) I decided to apply it to all Infinity Stones. So basically Red Skull, Ronan, and that slave girl of The Collector.

Also worth noting, the use of anti-heroes will be very low-to-non-exsistent. The world will already be light on villains, so any anti-hero leaning wildcard will be set as a Wild Card with basic schemes (like rampage, murder, vendetta, whatever fits the character), so off the top of my head people like Hulk, Winter Soldier, The Ravagers, The Punisher, & Stick, though I'm sure there will be more. Obviously, if you really want to play them, just switch them to Anti-Heroes yourself.

So, lets take a look at the world(s):

Obviously lots more to add still.

Earth

- The most developed singular area in the game. It exists in the Midgard Dimension. Earth is defined as an Area. Major Cities/Regions will be Locations of it.

California (Earth, 2015, Midgard)

- Once a hotbed for activity, most heroes have moved out to New York, so its kind of bare. To spread stuff out, I've moved Iron Man and all affiliated civilians to California.

Ant Man (Minor League Hero, Active)

Iron Man (Major League Hero, Active)

Aldrich Killian (Major League Villain, Deceased)

Ellen Brandt (Notable Villain, Deceased)

Eric Savin (Notable Villain, Deceased)

Iron Monger (Well Known Villain, Deceased)

Justin Hammer (Prominent Villain, Jailed)

Ultron (Major League Villain, Awaiting Rebirth, unlike most deaths, he could seemingly come back, so best to use that possibility)

Whiplash (Notable Villain, Deceased)

Winsome Wasp (Notable Hero, Different Dimension, Janet van Dyne, given a slightly changed name to allow Hope to become The Wasp via alternate)

Yellowjacket (Prominent Villain, Active)

Bambi Arbogast (Unknown Civilian, Active, Stark Industries CEO's secretary)

Christine Everhart (Notable Civilian, Active, Reporter from Iron Man 1/2 & Ant-Man)

Hank Pym (Renowned Civilian, Active)

Happy Hogan (Minor League Civilian, Active)

Hope van Dyne (Minor League Civilian, Active, With a "The Wasp" alternate included)

Howard Stark (Major League Civilian, Deceased)

Pepper Potts (Renowned Civilian, Active)

Uato The Watcher (Obscure Civilian, Active, AKA Stan Lee in the films)

Continental USA (Earth, 2015, Midgard)

Weirdly the largest area right now, though that may change. Most people here are set to wanderers, and it doesnt have high pull. Is going to end up very large because I'm sticking most Agents of SHIELD people here, though I may end up getting more specific with who is where. Anywhere that isnt New York or California is here. Might end up adding Washington at some point, for now any Washington people end up here.

Deathlok (Minor League Hero, Recovering)

Dum Dum Dugan (Notable Hero, Deceased)

Hawkeye (Well Known Hero, Active)

Phil Coulson (Well Known Hero, Active)

Sharon Carter (Obscure Hero, Active)

Arnim Zola (Notable Villain, Deceased)

Backlash (Minor League Villain, Jailed, Agents of SHIELD Marcus Scarlotti, the actual "Whiplash" from the comics, ha. Had the name Backlash in an Iron Man game. Fits.)

Blizzard (Minor League Villain, Recovering)

Calvin Zabo (Notable Villain, Active)

David Agnar (Minor League Villain, Jailed)

Ferdinand Lopez (Minor League Villain, Jailed, Batroc's ally and was actually in Winter Soldier, just not really mentioned)

Francis Noche (Minor League Villain, Jailed)

General Ross (Well Known Wild Card, Active)

Georges Batroc (Notable Villain, Jailed)

Grant Ward (Prominent Villain, Active)

Jasper Sitwell (Notable Villain, Deceased)

Karla Faye Gideon (Minor League Villain, Jailed)

Lash (Notable Villain, Active)

Mr. Blue (Minor League Villain, Jailed, Sam Sterns aka The Leader from Incredible Hulk)

Senator Stern (Prominent Vilain, Jailed, was going to make him a civilian, instead made him a mastermind villain)

Wendell Levi (Minor League Villain, Jailed)

Winter Soldier (Renowned Wild Card, Active)

Betty Ross (Minor League Civilian, Active)

Darcy Lewis (Unknown Civilian, Active)

Harley Keener (Unknown Civilian, Active)

Jane Foster (Well Known Civilian, Active)

Leonard Samson (Unknown Civilian, Active)

Major Allen (Obscure Civilian, Active)

President Ellis (Major League Civilian, Active)

Europe (Earth, 2015, Midgard)

- A condensed zone. Instead of having Paris, Germany, Sokovia, and whatever other places have been featured somewhat, its better to just slam it all together.

Quicksilver (Notable Hero, Deceased)

Baron Strucker (Notable Villain, Deceased)

Georgi Luchkov (Minor League Villain, Active, The Guy Black Widow was questioning at the start of Avengers 1)

Red Skull (Major League Villain, Alternate Dimension)

Middle East (Earth, 2015, Midgard)

- Like Europe, a condensed place for many. Biggest note is The Mandarin is alive as completley different person as implied by the Short Film "Bow Down the King." Where Trevor Slatterly is broken out of jail to see the Real Mandarin. The Mandarin in this world is an Alien with some mystical powers, who weirdly enough looks just like Trevor Slatterly (So I could use his Manadarin image, while Slatterly uses prison garb Slatterly). Trevor has been recruited into the Ten Rings as a scapegoat/body double. I may make him a villain as well.

Abu Bakar (Notable Villian, Active, The fat terrorist Iron Man leaves to the villagers in IM1. Not confirmed dead. Need Villains.)

Raza (Prominent Villain, Deceased, main terrorist from IM1)

Ten Rings Militants (Minor League Villains, Active)

The Mandarin (Major League Villain, Active)

General Gabriel (Notable Civilian, Active, General IM shows the Jericho too in IM1.)

Ho Yinsen (Minor League Civilian, Deceased)

Trevor Slatterly (Renowned Civilian, Active)

New York (Earth, 2015, Midgard)

- The busiest part of the MCU. Between The Avengers & Daredevil, its pretty busy. Soon with January Jones, even busier. Biggest thing of note is Spider-Man is added, because why not.

Black Widow (Well Known Hero, Active)

Captain America (Legendary Hero, Active)

Daredevil (Minor League Hero, Active)

Falcon (Notable Hero, Active)

Maria Hill (Notable Hero, Active)

Nick Fury (Renowned Hero, Active)

Scarlet Witch (Notable Hero, Active)

Spider-Man (Obscure Hero, Active)

Vision (Notable Hero, Active)

War Machine (Well Known Hero, Active)

Abomination (Major League Villain, Jailed)

Absorbing Man (Minor League Villian, Jailed)

Crossbones (Well Known Villain, Recovering)

Dmitry (Unknown Villain, Active)

Jack Rollins (Minor League Villain, Jailed)

Joseph Pike (Unknown Villain, Active)

Kingpin (Prominent Villain, Jailed)

Stick (Minor League Wild Card, Active)

The Punisher (Obscure Wild Card, Active)

Turk Barrett (Obscure Villain, Jailed)

Aunt May (Unknown Civilian, Active)

Ben Urich (Minor League Civilian, Deceased)

Chess Roberts (Obscure Civilian, Active, reporter in IM2 at the Stark Expo)

Erik Selvig (Notable Civilian, Active)

Foggy Nelson (Obscure Civilian, Active)

Karen Page (Unknown Civilian, Active)

Wakanda (Earth, 2015, Midgard)

- Added it, because why not. Since I doubt Africa as a whole ever being used largely, its an excuse to add it and have a jungle area. Biggest stretch is that Hulk somehow found his way here instead of Fiji or just not being anywhere. Also, Ulysses Klaue is recovering, but will replace his missing arm with a Claw... Klaw... yea...

Black Panther (Minor League Hero, Active)

Hulk (Major League Wild Card, Active)

Ulysses Klaue (Minor League Villain, Recovering)

Andromeda Galaxy

Where Guardians Of The Galaxy takes place. Unlike the Earth area, this whole galaxy is an area instead, with planets/space stations making up the locations. No planets will have several cities represented like Earth since they simply are not as used/explored/known about in the MCU.

The biggest change worth noting here, is Thanos is already starting to try and assemble the Infinity Stones (if you want to look at it that way), and is on Knowhere, set to be a roaming super strong villain of the universe.

Knowhere (Andromeda Galaxy, 2015, Midgard)

Knowhere is a mining colony located inside the severed head of a Celestial. Big things is Thanos, as said above, and also Nebula is here too. Needed somewhere to stick her (dont like using None) so figured here for now.

Nebula (Prominent Villain, Recovering)

Thanos (Iconic Villain, Active)

The Collector (Prominent Villain, Active)

Tivan Group Thugs (Minor League Villains, Active)

Carina (Unknown Civilian, Different Dimension)

Cosmo (Obscure Civilian, Active. The Cosmonaut Dog)

Howard The Duck (Obscure Civilian, Active)

The Hub (Andromeda Galaxy, 2015, Midgard)

A spacestation mentioned in the film, and used in the prequel comics, it is literally a hub. A place of trade and where people live that is kind of like a wild west area, with crime and such. Its where I decided to stick most characters. As of now The Ravagers are set as Wild Cards, though I may just make them full blown villains. I'll likely add several-to-many comics based alien villains/civilians here just for now. First example are Miek & Mung, based on characters from the comics. Obscure villains/space pirates of the same race that most of Ronan's soldiers were (to allow use of pictures).

Drax The Destroyer (Prominent Hero, Active)

Gamora (Prominent Hero, Active)

Groot (Prominent Hero, Recovering)

Rocket Raccoon (Prominent Hero, Active)

Star-Lord (Prominent Hero, Active)

Kraglin Obfonteri (Notable Wild Card, Active, The main Ravager not called Yondu)

Miek (Obscure Villain, Active)

Mung (Obscure Villain, Active)

Ravagers (Notable Wild Cards, Active)

Yondu Udonta (Prominent Wild Card, Active)

Xandar (Andromeda Galaxy, 2015, Midgard)

Like The Hub, I may end up populating this with comic inspired aliens and stuff. Dunno what to do with it really.

Garthan Saal (Minor League Hero, Deceased)

Rhomann Dey (Minor League Hero, Active)

Bereet (Unknown Civilian, Active)

Broker (Obscure Civilian, Active)

Irani Rael (Renowned Civilian, Active)

Korath The Pursuer (Notable Villain, Deceased)

Ronan The Accuser (Major League Villain, Alternate Dimension)

Asgard

Asgard is where I took the biggest dive. Asgard is actually another dimension and its located on Earth. Basically, how some think Asgard and the Realms work, is Asgard and the other 7 realms (aka not Earth) are all in 1-dimension and can be teleported to using their weird technology. But Asgard is actually located in the same place as Earth (Arkansas actually), and for the same reason they can teleport to other planets in their dimension, they can teleport to Midgard/Earth.

Asgard (Earth, 2015, Asgard)

- The biggest leap of faith taken thus far. Not so much as characters, but the implied story. Basically, Loki did indeed kill Odin, and then tried to take over Asgard forcefully starting a civil war. Loki put together a group of misfit villains/people with a grudge, while Thor leads most Asgardian loyalists in a big civil war. In taking over Asgard, Loki while disguised as Odin freed most of the people on his team from the Asgardian dungeons, where they would have been. Also, all people from the Thor movies is on Asgard. Since why have a planet with two elves on it.

Also of note is the introduction of "Ragnarok", an evil clone of Thor from the comics set to, supposedly, debut in the next Thor film. The new story of Ragnarok (different from comics completley) is Loki created a clone to serve as the "New Hero of Asgard", hoping to curry favour with the people with "Thor" by his side. He also infused some of Lorelei's blood to make Ragnarok loyal to him, because magic.

Fandral (Prominent Hero, Active)

Heimdall (Prominent Hero, Active)

Hogun (Prominent Hero, Active)

Odin (Iconic Hero, Deceased)

Sif (Well Known Hero, Active)

Thor (Legendary Hero, Active)

Volstagg (Prominent Hero, Active)

Duhg (Notable Villain, Active, the horned Marauder from Dark World. He has this names in the official Video game, so I figured why not. Need more villains)

Frost Giants (Minor League Villains, Active)

Hailstrum (Notable Villain, Deceased)

Laufey (Major League Villain, Deceased)

Loki (Legendary Villain, Active)

Lorelei (Notable Villain, Active, was on Agents of SHIELD)

Malekith (Major League Villain, Deceased)

Ragnarok (Majore League Villain, Active)

The Destroyer (Renowned Villain, Awaiting Rebirth. Like Ultron, makes sence he could come back. And since Loki is viewed as the leader of Asgard, he would serve him when reborn)

The Marauders (Minor League Villains, Active)

Frigga (Major League Civilian, Deceased)

Teams

Might as well touch on the teams included (thus far)

Asgardians: Thor (Leader), Fandral, Heimdall, Hogun, Sif, Volstagg (Senior)

-The "good" of the Asgardian civil war

Cabal: Loki (Leader) Lorelei, Ragnarok, The Destroyer (Senior), Dugh, Frost Giants, The Marauders (Junior)

- Cabal is taken from a name of a group of super villains that included Loki in the comics. Not sure what else to call this group.

Guardians Of The Galaxy: Star-Lord (Leader), Drax The Destroyer, Gamora, Groot, Rocket Raccoon (Senior)

- Watch the movie.

HYDRA: Grant Ward, Red Skull (Leader), Crossbones, Jack Rollins, Senator Stern (Senior), Absorbing Man, Backlash, Blizzard (Junior)

- Have Red Skull in as leader for if/when he returns from another dimension. This group may end up very large by the time I get through Agents of SHIELD.

Nova Corps Irani Rael (Leader), Rhomann Dey (Senior), Guardians Of The Galaxy (Honourary)

- Figured I'd include it for now.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Phil Coulson (Leader) Deathlok (Senior)

- Barely scratched at Agents of SHIELD yet, but that is basically this group when its done. Will be biggish I imagine.

Slicing Talons: Calvin Zabo (Leader), David Angar, Francis Noche, Karla Faye Gideon, Wendell Levi (Senior)

- Speaking of Agents of SHIELD. I did go on a villain fest, which was largely this group for worthwhile ones.

The Avengers: Captain America (Leader), Black Widow (Senior), Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine (Junior)

- Debated having the old Avengers as honourary, but decided against it.

The Avengers HQ: Nick Fury (Leader), Maria Hill (Senior), Erik Selvig (Junior)

- More to go into this group. At the end of Avengers you see basically SHEILD 1.0 all helping in the Avengers facility. I may end up adding Iron Man to this group too since he still funds the whole thing.

The Marauders: Dugh (Leader), The Marauders (Senior)

- Wont work with only 2, so I will likely add another random Marauder at some point.

The Protectors: General Ross (Leader), Abomination, Mr. Blue (Senior), Absorbing Man (Junior)

- Decided to throw the "Hulk" villains into a group. Idea being the World Security Council decided the Avengers are dangerous as basically vigilantes, so they grant Ross permission to form his own real group of "Protectors", he only has access to those incarcerated though, and is as always foolish into thinking they are "good." This may lead to be un-jailing any villains in this group, though I'm not 100% decided on keeping it.

The Ravagers: Yondu Udonta (Leader), Kraglin Obfonteri (Senior), Ravagers (Junior)

- Like most in the GotG world, I may end up adding random one offs I can get decent pictures of from the films.

The Ten Rings: The Mandarin (Leader), Abu Bakar (Senior), Ten Rings Militants (Junior), Trevor Slatterly (Honourary)

- Its here.

Tivan Group: The Collector (Leader), Tivan Group Thugs (Junior), Cosmo, Howard The Duck (Honourary)

- In the movie, Tivan Group is basically the mob that The Collector runs and that runs Knowwhere. May add more randoms.

United States Armed Forces: President Ellis (Leader), General Ross, General Gabriel (Senior), Major Allen, War Machine (Junior)

- Felt like including it. Really only here for fun.

Warriors Three Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg (Senior)

- In addition to the Asgardians incase people want to remove that group.

Been slowly modifying the data, one thing I've realized is I need way more villains. So I need to cheat a bit.

The first and easiest cheat has been including Spider-Man villains from all the Spider-Man films. They, intheory, exist in the world, and lucky can fit in the MCU pretty well. I'm not using them all (yet), so far having Green Goblin (Spider-Man version), Doctor Octopus (Spider-Man 2), Rhino (Amazing Spider-Man 2), & Electro (Amazing Spider-Man 2). I'm holding off on Venom, Lizard, and Harry Osborn/Goblin combos since, in theory, they wouldnt exist yet. However, I may very well add Eddie Brock/Curt Connors/Harry Osborn as citizens. The idea from a Spider-Man perspective is he's just gotten his powers, so he has no real relationships yet.

The story I'm using right now, is that Norman Osborn is felling overshadowed by Iron Man and the other big crap going on overall, and has tried to create his own powers/weapons to prove how great he is. As usual, he goes crazy from Goblin gas, and becomes the Green Goblin. However, in a bit of a change, Otto Octavius is also the main inventor/scientist/engineer at Oscorp, as obsessed with being superior as Osborn, and is the man behind the Rhino suit and all likely villains to from Goblins new evil group. Right now called the Frightful Four with Goblin, Doc Ock, Rhino, & Electro.

Also, in a bit of a re-imagining (not that it matters) Spider-Man is an Inhuman, as is Electro. Without the ability to use "mutant" in the MCU, its a very decent way I could see them explaining some powers in the future.

I'm going to look at trying to find other villains to add that I can find realistic pictures for, as well as that can fit in the world. For example, I added Titanium Man as well, as he "fits" as another Russian who has made his own battlesuit.

Spiderman is an inhuman? That doesn't make sense to me, he is an altered human.

Anyway for bad guys, you could consider making various versions of the aliens running around. big Chitauri, fast Chitauri, etc. using different images for each type. Also Frost giants and elves from the Thor movies. And low level generic muggers and burglers and whatnot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd strongly sugest making the Winter Soldier an anti-hero that is very, very anti-social unless you want to frame the game pre Age of Ultron for he is a popular character.

Or I can just change it myself when it releases :D no biggie.

Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil and the recent Jessica Jones added some new villains too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived