What is the furtherest you've progressed a risque product promotion in the C-Verse

Sorry for the long title but wanted to explain my thought process. Just wondering how far everyone has managed to take a risque product (specifically in the C-Verse as to adhere to basic game "norms" and functions.)

I have been playing with Grimm SoCal Wrestling again the last few weeks, running through the first year of gameplay. Having moved up to Small after capping my size at local for a handful of shows (then running two in the month I took the cap off, before returning to 1 show a month at small promotion size.) At this point Pro Wrestling Max have opened and are around my size but with their product have much higher momentum, and IPW is doing slightly better some months, others I have beaten both but still lost to the women's fed in the South West and of course CZCW in regional battles after one year.

Started raiding IPW to get some better workers while using everyone GSW had to their fullest. Though I had to stray a bit from some hardcore/brawler workers because Brother Grimm gave me the owner rule of no law-breakers being re-signed/signed for the first year+, however I am almost through with that rule. I decided to pick and use K.P. Avatar from the original list of avatars; using him as an occasional enhancement talent/promo/in the booth when I once ran a show without my new lead announcer Lee Bambino (working for FCW.) IPW ended up grabbing Akima Brave who has boosted their main events, while PW-MAX have Kid Toma; who are both getting their share of C range main events, and thus their companies C grade shows. Despite my shows having a good action opener (D+ to C- range), a few high risk matches (deathmatch), one or two C rated entertainment segments, and one high risk (female, sex appeal) angle for the rowdy crowd, and a D+ main event. I still have been unable to get a C range overall show grade. Still working going into 2015 lmao.....

In order to build my roster and get higher show ratings I have brought in talents like Mainstream Hernandez, Steven Parker, and a few others to bolster a new "Pure" title division focusing on wrestling (usually in the opening match of my monthly show) who came in on a short 6 month (7 appearance) PPA deal where I had them put Omar over in their final matches. This along with Death Row as my tag-champs, and Frantic Ali, Fro-Sure, Busta Capp and Hard-1 giving me a good rotation of main events for the American Title. Lil Henry (w/ Anslem Briggs) is the West Coast title, but I've recently signed away Hustle Muvva from IPW to feud with him and take the belt.

If anyone has not tried playing this promotion and type of product it is definitely an interesting style and fun game to start! I usually stick to Sports Entertainment products as that is all I've really watched in my life, but have played as pure feds such as NOTBPW in prior iterations of TEW for my longest saves and probably most memorable experience. The hardcore/garbage type of product is actually quite enjoyable and can be really fun if you enjoy a challenge!

In conclusion, does anyone else have any stories or tips on advancing GSW past the 40th ranked promotion in the C-Verse? Regardless of success I'm going to keep this game going for as long as humanly possible, possibly even branching my avatar out eventually and using Brother Grimm as a second user character for GSW booking.

Been a while since I played as GSW but reading this has prompted me to start a game as them again. I don't have much in the way of tips, but did find that Findlay O'Farraday performed quite well for me in the past. His brawler style is perfect for GSW, he's good at hardcore, decent in the ring and on the mic. Not to mention his menace and he also has a liberal personality which helps. His pop also rises quite quickly because of this. I used him as a brute, basically hit first and ask questions later.

I have taken PSW and WEXXV to global and #1 promotion in C-verse.

I don't have GSW product settings in front of me at the moment.

The number one issue is managing your money if you run out it is game over.

Cheap young guys should be a common thing on your shows. Having a job squad signed long term on the cheap is your best investment.

a good thing can be to form a Heel stable of 4 guys and a face stable of 4 guys 1 of the guys should be a talker in each stable (and teach the other guys to talk). Getting these 8 guys over in your home region is first step (like 99 or 100 overness come showtime).

Use your pre and post show to get guys work if guys wrestle 5 shows a month for a couple years they will be decent workers and a few may become very very good. You don't need to get everyone over just focus on the guys you want to. Having 20 guys making 150 a show is way more useful than 2 guys making 1500. In time you can build those guys up to be just as good or better. There are some exceptions but i wouldn't worry about it until your in a national battle you can get to national without an established star.

Focus on your home region. This is what is going to pay the bills. Rushing to cult too soon can end the game.

I love playing as GSW. It actually taught me a lot about the game as I had planned on only using them as a stepping stone to another job so I didn't mess with any of the settings, and had to learn how to work within them.

It takes a lot of time to build up the roster so as long as you are getting bigger every show that should be your goal. Brother Grimm is a pain though and when that "o law breakers" runs out he will likely just make it a rule again. So plan on losing Gravedigga, Mobstar, etc. He also at times has crazy money goals.

Other than Findlay O'Farraday you should grab Sayeed Ali and Jake Idol. both can work hardcore and both will do deathmatches.

Other than Findlay O'Farraday you should grab Sayeed Ali and Jake Idol. both can work hardcore and both will do deathmatches.

I'd agree with this, haven't tried Jake Idol yet, but Sayeed Ali is an awesome worker for GSW. I had him take the West Coast belt from Sancho on his debut and within 2 matches, he's already raised the prestige of the title.

Archived