Nobbying Around Wrestling Spirit

Finally been able to purchase the game (due to my refusal to have a credit card - ended up borrowing somebody's) Playing on the Reality: Check! 1.2 database by Simon Starr Game starts November 2005. Nobby McDonald (birthdate December 1988) is a British heavyweight technician with the following stats: Power 14 Technique 40 Speed 2 Stamina 40 Psychology 34 Toughness 20 Safety 39 Charisma 14 Microphone 12 Superstar look 67 Off I go...

I sign a $20 per appearance, six month deal as a babyface with All Star Wrestling based in Liverpool, England. NOVEMBER 2005 WEEK ONE NJPW: Charlie Haas beats Harry Smith to win the U-30 Openweight Title AJPW: John Hugger beats Michael Modest for the World Junior Heavyweight Title AJPW: Vader beats Keiji Mutoh for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Title IWC: Balls Mahoney beats Homicide for the Heavyweight Title OVW: Roadkill beats Matt Cappotelli for the Heavyweight Title ASA sign Harry Smith & Rebecca Knox, fire Nigel McGuinness and appoint Chad Collyer as Head Booker. [B]Paradise City[/B] Midcard match versus April Hunter 15 minute match which ended with a Clayhead (Pedigree) busting April wide open and Nobby winning his debut match via pinfall. C+ Jimmy Yang beat Johnny Devine for the British Title Spirit 10 to 13 Psychology 34 to 35 UK Overness 0 to 3

WEEK THREE ASW fire Chris Hero OVW: James Gibson beats Roadkill for the Heavyweight Title (1 successful defence) NJPW: Masahiro Chono beats Charlie Haas for the U-30 Openweight Title (3 successful defences ASW create a Tag Team Title TNA: Christian Cage beats Jeff Jarrett for the World Heavyweight Title at Victory Road (2 successful defences)

Ahh, Liverpool. The birthplace of my favorite all-time group of which I and my brother are collectors of memorabilia, The Beatles. I would love to see some detail in your matches so that we, the readers, could "watch" the match as it unfolds leading to the end. Other than that, good luck in your career and I hope that sometime you will be able to travel across the pond to the U.S.A.

DECEMBER WEEK ONE ASW: Unscripted! (Tuesday) Harry Smith v NOBBY McDONALD (One fall match, midcard) Nobby's second match looks to be much tougher than the first, against fellow ASW new signing Harry Smith. Smith counters Nobby's early offence, but the early action is back and forth with plenty of countering and blocks. Nobby begins to tire after four minutes as Smith begins to get the upper hand. Nine minutes in, and although Nobby is ripe for the pickings, he begins mounting a comeback and goes to work on Smith's legs. On twelve minutes, a weakened Smith is surprised by Nobby's brass knuckles punch. The referee severly reprimands Nobby but doesn't DQ him. 1... 2... last second kick out. Thirteen minutes, the ref takes an inadvertant bump. Smith blocks a second brass knuckle punch, but his attempted powerslam is reverse into a small package, but the ref is still down. Seventeen minutes. Nobby throws Smith out of the ring and puts him on a table. He climbs the turnbuckles and executes a leg drop through the table. Is this it? 1... 2... Last second kickout! Nobby gets up but Smith counters The Clayhead. Smith applies the Bulldog bite and gets the submission victory. 20 minute match, rated C. ASW fire Cheerleader Melissa & Jody Fleisch and hire The Charmed One. AJPW: Chuck Palumbo & Jeff Jarrett beat John Hugger & Barry Buchanan for the vacant All Asia Tag Team Titles AJPW: Team 3D beat D-Lo Brown & The Boogeyman for the IWC Tag Team Titles (but titles still listed as vacant in the history screen) UK Overness: 3 to 2 Charisma: 14 to 15 Microphone: 12 to 13

WEEK FOUR ETWA: Aaron Fire beats Sniper for the Intercontinental Title (2 successful defences) ETWA: Chris Hero beats Venom for the Cruiserweight Title (0 successful defences) End of Year News With less than 12 matches, I don't qualify for the Top 500. With earning less than $16,000 (and $40 falls some way short!) I avoid paying any to Gordon Brown to piss away on the NHS.

[B]JANUARY 2006[/B] WEEK ONE NJPW: Jushin Thunder Lyger beats Brock Lesnar for the IWGP Heavyweight Title (6 successful defences) WXW: The Scorpio beats Eclipse to win the vacant Hardcore Title IWC: Snakebite beats T-Dawg to win the Super Indy Title (1 successful defence) IWC: Homicide beats Buck Quartermain to win the International Title (1 successful defence) ETWA: Spud McKenzie beats Jackal to win the Canadian Title (2 successful defences) Charisma - 15 to 16 Microphone - 13 to 14

WEEK TWO NJPW: Matt Morgan beats Brock Lesnar for the U-30 Openweight Title (7 successful defences) IWC: Bubba The Bulldog beats Snakebite for the Super Indy Title (0 successful defences) ETWA: Jackal wins the Intercontinental Title (vacated by Aaron Fire) AJPW: Keiji Mutoh beats Vader for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Title (11 successful defences) IWC: AJ Styles beat Balls Mahoney for the Heavyweight Title (1 successful defence)

WEEK THREE WWE: Big Show beats John Cena for the Heavyweight Title (8 successful defences) NJPW: Ultimo Dragon beats Matt Morgan for the U-30 Openweight Title (0 successful defences) TNA: Christopher Daniel & Konnan beat America's Most Wanted for the World Tag Team Titles (0 successful defences) BCW: Tony Mamaluke beats Petey Williams for the Can-Am Television Title (0 successful defences)

WEEK FOUR WWE: Chris Benoit beats Booker T for the United States Title (5 successful defences) AJPW: Vader beats Keiji Mutoh to win the Triple Crown Heavyweight Title (1 successful defence) Stamina - 41 to 42 [B]ASW: Demonology[/B] [I]Harry Smith v Nobby McDonald[/I] One fall match Nobby has the better of the opening exchanges before Smith takes over and quickly puts Nobby in danger. After five minutes, Nobby gets a strong warning after hitting Smith on the arm with a steel chair on the outside of the ring. Back and forth action, then Smith executes a small package for a two count on eight minutes. After working on the arm for a while, Nobby attempts a STF finisher on eleven minutes, but Smith kicks out. Out of nowhere, Nobby locks in a figure four leg lock and wins by submission. 14 minutes, rated C. UK Overness - 2 to 3 Spirit - 13 to 15 Psychology - 36 to 37 Stamina - 42 to 47 Toughness - 20 to 22 Charisma - 16 to 19 Microphone - 14 to 16 Safety - 39 to 42 Quite a few increases! :)

[B]FEBRUARY[/B] WEEKS ONE & TWO In a meeting with the creative people at ASW, they deem I'm not high enough up the card to feud with any of the heels yet. JAPW: Steve Corino beats Jay Lethal for the Heavyweight Title (0 successful defences, champion for 3 months) Charisma - 19 to 20 Microphone - 16 to 17 WWE: Triple H beats Big Show for the Heavyweight Title (2 successful defences, champion for 3 weeks) NJPW: Brock Lesnar beats Jushin Thunder Lyger for the IWGP Heavyweight Title (2 successful defences, champion for 5 weeks) WWE: Funaki & Psychosis beat MNM for the Tag Team Titles (1 successful defence, champions for 3 months) ETWA: Dougie Fresh beats Jackal for the Intercontinental Title (2 successful defences, champion for 1 month) ASW sign Ashley Massaro, who has just left WWE after they couldn't come to terms on a contract extension.

WEEK THREE WXW: Ariel beats Trudi Denucci for the Women's Title (2 successful defences, champion for 3 months) WXW: Capital T beats The Scorpio for the vacant Cruiserweight Title ETWA: Jody Fleisch beats Dougie Fresh for the Intercontinental Title (0 successful defences, champion for 1 week) TNA: Raven beats Christian Cage for the NWA World Heavyweight Title (6 successful defences, champion for 3 months)

WEEK FOUR WWE: Shawn Michaels beats Ric Flair for the Intercontinental Title (7 successful defences, champion for the 4 months of game time) IWC: Christopher Daniels beats Bubba The Bulldog for the Super Indy Title (2 successful defences, champion for 6 weeks) [B]ASW: Broken Rules[/B] [I]Jimmy Yang v Nobby McDonald ASW British Title match[/I] One fall match (upper midcard) Yang takes early control, until the three minute mark. Nobby throws Yang from the ring and bodyslams him onto a steel chair, which gets him a warning from the referee. Back in the ring, and Yang retakes control of the match and Nobby is in danger after five minutes while Yang is still fresh. Nobby slowly gets back into the match by some clever mat wrestling and after eleven minutes traps Yang in the figure four. However, unlike Smith previously, Yang doesn't tap. Twelve minutes, Yang attempts a super kick. Nobby avoids, nails some knee lifts then applies first a bow and arrow lock and then the STF finisher. Again Yang won't quit. Annoyed, Nobby goes for a Clayhead, which Yang breaks. Thirteen minutes, Nobby is now in control. German Suplex, 1... 2... Last second kick out Fourteen minutes, Nobby counters a DDT and applies a Cobra Clutch, which somehow busts Yang wide open. Yang still won't submit. Eighteen minutes and Yang is repeatedly trying offence, but Nobby keeps blocking his moves. Twenty minutes. Nobby has been working on Yang's head, and his head condition is now down to just 80. Even so, Yang blocks Nobby's second attempt at a Clayhead. Yang mounts some offence, but his blood loss is now so great he feels dizzy and can't take advantage. Nobby lets out a battle cry. His third attempt at a Clayhead is successful and in only his fourth match, Nobby McDonald is the new ASW British Champion! 23 minutes, rated C+ UK Overness - 3 to 6 Spirit - 15 to 17 Psychology - 37 to 38

[B]MARCH[/B] WEEK ONE Fresh from his ASW British Title win, Nobby instructs his agent to get in touch with small promotions around the world, to see what other interest he can muster. CZW aren't interested. I accept a try out match with RoH. I turn down HWA. IWC end negotiations when I ask for more money. I turn down JAPW. I accept a $20 per appearance six month deal with PGW as a babyface opener. I turn down UPW, WXW & EWTA. I accept a $20 per appearance six month deal with OVW as a heel opener. Owner John Shane thinks I have lots of potential. I will also be called Potter in OVW instead of Nobby McDonald. PWG also sign The Charmed One & Ashley Massaro and could not reach agreement on a new contract with Dino Winwood. I'm double booked on the Saturday, so I choose my RoH try out match at the Trios Tournament over OVW TV. [B]RoH Trios Tournament[/B] [I]Nobby McDonald v Shawn Steele[/I] One fall match (try out for Nobby McDonald) Steele starts the match with an eye gouge. Twice, both get warnings. Steele does more eye gouges, and the referee does nothing. After five minutes, it's a rather boring match. Six minutes, and Steele falls on top of an attempted Atomic Drop. 1... 2... Kick out. Steele hits a Gore. 1... 2... 3... We have a winner 9 minutes, rated C. Steele is rumoured to have been generous in his praise to RoH management. I thought the match sucked to be honest. OVW: Alex Arion beats James Gibson for the Heavyweight Title (6 successful defences, champion for 4 months) Microphone - 17 to 18 Spirit - 17 to 16 Psychology - 38 to 39 RoH offer me a $20 per appearance deal for one year in a Talent Enhancement position, which I accept. Shawn Steele is a friend now, apparently. ASW meanwhile promoted me to their lower midcard. I also start a feud with Harry Smith.

WEEK TWO WXW: Trudi Denucci beat Ariel for the Women's Title (0 successful defences, champion for 3 weeks) WXW: Spud McKenzie beats Capital T for the Cruiserweight Title (0 successful defences, champion for 3 weeks) WWE: Joey Mercury beats Juventud Guerrera for the Cruiserweight Title (6 successful defences, champion since the start of the game) AJPW: Bill Goldberg beats Vader for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Title (6 successful defences, champion for 6 weeks) WXW: Capital T wins back the Cruiserweight Title from Spud McKenzie (0 successful defences, champion for 3 days) WXW: Josh Prohibition beats The Scorpio for the Hardcore Title (4 successful defences, champion for 2 months) OVW: Danny Doring beats Alex Arion for the Heavyweight Title (0 successful defences, champion for 1 week) I'm double booked again, and again opt out of OVW TV. [B]ASW: Ernest P. Worrell Memorial[/B] Show was cancelled due to not enough active wrestlers being available. OVW sign Shane Slaughter PWG fire Samoan Joe

WEEK THREE UXW: Peter Polaco beats Homicide for the Heavyweight Title (0 successful defences, champion since start of game) UXW: Frankie Kazarian wins the vacant Extreme Title WXW: Josh Prohibition beats Capital T for the Cruiserweight Title (0 successful defences, champion for 1 week) [B]OVW TV[/B] [I]Potter v Shawn Steele[/I] Cage match (main event) Steele has all the offence in the opening four minutes, though Potter does manage to block and avoid some moves. Potter takes over after five, and continued offence sees Steele taste the steel cage first as Potter launches him into it three times. On ten minutes, Potter puts Steele in the STF finisher and he is in complete control at the moment. Potter nails a Clayhead on twelve minutes and escapes the cage. 12 minutes, rated D. [B]OVW Big Trouble[/B] Cancelled due to not enough wrestlers being available. USA Overness - 0 to 2 Spirit - 16 to 17 Psychology - 39 to 40 Charisma - 20 to 21 I don't show to PWG Where Eagles Dare and instead make my first appearance in OVW.

WEEK FOUR OVW fire Nikki Roxx PWG fire Jack Evans WWE: Ric Flair beats Shawn Michaels for the Intercontinental Title (2 successful defences, champion for 1 month) [B]OVW TV[/B] Potter v Shawn Steele Cage match (upper midcard) Potter tried early offence, but gets stopped and launched into the cage wall after three minutes and then reverses Potter's attempt a minute later. Six minutes in and it's Potter on the offensive, taking Steele to the mat and put him in a number of holds. His momentum is halted on seven minutes, when attempting a top rope leg drop. Steele recovers, hits a superplex and attempts to climb out of the cage. Potter manages to stop him right at the top, but Potter's in trouble. On twelves minutes, the match has become a pendulum of blocks and breaks until Steele is forced to eat steel. Fourteen minutes and Potter hits a top rope leg drop but Steele escapes an STF finisher. Seventeen minutes and Potter avoids a Gore, which finished him off in their first meeting. A minute later and Steele blocks a Clayhead. Both are now running on empty. Twenty minutes and it's all Steele, resulting in a Gore and climbs out without being challenged. 20 minutes, rated B-

• 2 weeks later...
[B]APRIL[/B] WEEK ONE [B]ASW: Bad Obsession[/B] [I]Harry Smith v Nobby McDonald (with new manager Ashley Massaro)(midcard match) ASW Title match, one fall.[/I] The first minute belongs to Smith in this new ASW feud, but Nobby comes back quickly and takes control for three minutes using various takedowns and holds. Smith then regains control for a couple of minutes until the ref takes an inadvertant bump. Smith stupidly attempts two small packages while the ref is out. On nine minutes, Ashley Massaro performs her first act as Nobby's manager by distracting Smith, but Nobby can't take advantage. A minute later and she does it again, but the ref ejects her to the locker room. Again Nobby fails to take advantage and Smith tries two Camel Clutches. Thirteen minutes and Smith falls on top of a Nobby bodyslam. 1... 2... last second kick out. Back and forth action as neither wrestler can get a decisive advantage. Sixteen minutes and Nobby reverses into a small package. 1... 2... last second kick out. Nobby whips Smith to the ropes and hits a People's Spinebuster. 1... 2... 3 17 minutes, rated C. [B]PWG: All Star Weekend Night 2[/B] [I]Nobby McDonald v Josh Knight (with Ashley Massaro) One fall midcard match[/I] Knight has all of the first four minutes, Nobby is totally off his game tonight it seems. Nobby does manage to find his way back into the match, and it's about even on six minutes. Eight minutes, Knight is thrown to the outside, where Nobby hits a suplex onto a chair. Twelve minutes and they are still fighting on the outside. Knight hits a DDT onto the chair twice. Fifteen minutes, and a Clayhead attempt is blocked. Eighteen minutes, Nobby is busted open (first time in career) by a DDT. Twenty minutes, Nobby counters a low blow with cradle with a small package. 1... 2... last second kick out. Nobby lets out a battle cry, but a second attempt at a Clayhead is blocked. Twenty one minutes, and the blood loss is making Nobby dizzy, and he loses his advantage. Nobby nails a knife edge chop and follows up with a piledriver. He applies STF finisher and Knight gives up. 23 minutes, rated C. Petey Williams beats Bubba The Bulldog for the vacant Heavyweight Title. WWE: WrestleMania Matt Hardy beats Antonio Val Venis beats Romeo Viscera, Daivari, Chavo Guerrero & Trevor Murdoch beat Danny Basham, Lance Cade, Gregory Helms & Tyson Tomko Eugene beats Shelton Benjamin Carlito beats Rene Dupree John Cena beats Rob Conway Kurt Angle beats Tajiri Shawn Michaels bears Triple H for the Heavyweight Title (6 successful defences, champion for 2 months) PWG signs Aaron Fire UK Overness - 6 to 7 Spirit - 17 to 18 Technique - 40 to 41 Speed - 2 to 4 Psychology - 40 to 42 Toughness - 22 to 24 Safety - 42 to 44 Microphone - 18 to 19 Respect - 0 to 1

WEEK TWO After negotiation, I agree to a one year extension to my ASW contract, and an increase to $43 per appearance. NJPW: Jushin Thunder Lyger beats Brock Lesnar for the IWGP Heavyweight Title (17 successful defences, champion for 2 months) UPW: Shawn Steele beats The Seperatist for the vacant Lightweight Title [B]OVW TV[/B] [I]Potter v Capital T Tables match, midcard[/I] Capital T gains the early advantage through brawling, until on three minutes Potter slides outside and slides a table into the ring. He also goes for a chair, but T rushes him. Potter then regains control and uses the chair to his advantage, first by slamming T onto it, then hitting him in the ribs with it. On eight minutes, Potter makes the first attempt at ending the match with a DDT but it is blocked. T tries the same move and is successful to win the match 9 minutes, rated D. [B]OVW: The End Is Near[/B] [I]Potter v Capital T One fall lower midcard match[/I] T absorbs Potter's initial attacks to get the early advantage. Four minutes, T falls on top of a bow and arrow attempt. 1... 2... last second kick out Five minutes, T hits a high cross body. 1... 2... kick out Potter hits a German Suplex, and it's enough to beat T. 8 minutes, rated D Rebecca Knox leaves ASW. Jushin Thunder Lyger buys NJPW. OVW sign Dustin Rage. RoH fire Alistair Ralphs and sign American Psycho. WWE sign Rosey. USA Overness - 2 to 3 Spirit - 18 to 17 Psychology - 42 to 44

WEEK THREE WWE: Chris Benoit beats Batista for the World Heavyweight Title (6 successful defences, champion since start of game) [B]RoH: Stalemate[/B] [I]Deranged v Nobby McDonald One fall, lower midcard match[/I] The opening three minutes sees many counters and blocks until Nobby gains control. Eight minutes, and Deranged hits a second rope rana after Nobby had blocked it twice. Nobby then blocks a shooting star press and puts Deranged in a figure four, but he doesn't submit. Ten minutes and Nobby hits an apron DDT but is blocked on a chair stomp ankle breaker attempt. Back in the ring and Deranged tries a low blow but is reversed into a small package. 1... 2... last second kick out. Deranged hits a Diamond Cutter and gets the three count 12 minutes, rated C+. USA Overness - 3 to 4 Psychology - 44 to 45

WEEK FOUR WXW: Josh Prohibition beats Zach Gowen for the vacant Heavyweight Title. I accept a try out deal with BCW. HWA: Nigel McGuinness beats Alistair Ralphs for the vacant Heavyweight Title. [B]OVW TV[/B] [I]Potter v Shawn Steele One fall upper midcard match[/I] The match quickly spills outside, where Potter hits Steele in the ribs with a chair twice and gets warned against a disqualification. Still outside, on five minutes, Potter hits a Russian Legsweep and DDT onto the chair, again earning a warning. Six minutes, Steele hits a Gore. 1... 2... last second kick out! On seven minutes, he tries another Gore, but Potter avoids it. Potter is wrestling smart now, focusing on Steele's head. Out of nowhere, Steele hits a Sleeper Hold Neck Breaker on ten minutes. 1... 2... last second kick out. Then another Gore. 1... 2... last second kick out! Potter avoids another Gore on thirteen minutes. Fourteen minutes, a kick to the gut preceeds The Clayhead. 1... 2... last second kick out! Both men showing their guts! Fifteen minutes, Potter applies a Cobra Clutch. The submission is unsuccessful, but Steele is busted open. Eighteen minutes, Potter counters a Gore with the Hot Shot. 1... 2... last second kick out. The two combatants fight outside for a while, while Steele blocking a Clayhead onto a chair. Twenty four minutes and Steele blocks a STF Finisher. However, his blood loss means he can't take advantage. Twenty five minutes and Potter hits The People's Spinebuster, but the ref has been knocked out. Twenty six minutes, Steele busts Potter open with a Discus Punch. Twenty seven minutes, Steele hits a Gore but the ref is still down. Twenty eight minutes, Steele misses a Gore. Potter applies a Cobra Clutch and earns the submission. 29 minutes, rated B PWG sign Jackal WWE sign Iron Viper and can't agree to extend Bret Hart's contract. USA Overness - 4 to 6 Spirit - 17 to 18 Psychology - 45 to 46 Stamina - 48 to 49 Current career record - 8 wins, 5 losses, current ASW British Champion.

Archived