Cornell-Verse 2016 Prediction Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was the founder of HGC(which then became Total Championship Wrestling). He's essentially the reason there's a Big Two instead of just SWF.

Ohhh. Then him buying USPW could make a legitimate Big 3. Hmm. That would be interesting. Was the transition between he and Cornell peaceful? If so, I could see a situation where he and Cornell have a talent trade agreement in an attempt to put SWF out of business.

Or, if Eisen does get incarcerated and control goes to Jerry or Eric, maybe Stallings comes in and makes them an offer they can't refuse and buys SWF out from the Eisen children. That would be insane!

Either MPWF or (more likely) SOTBPW expands with a separate promotion in the LA area. Many of the promotion's stars go to America along with some SWF/TCW/NOTBPW castoffs. It has a small but loyal following; can it be a true challenger in America?

(yeah, this is my way of saying I want a Lucha Underground variant in this version)

Peter Valentine buys out USPW.

Hell on earth commences. Somehow. Valentine proves that talent isn't everything as he gives himself a title reign just after becoming owner...in February 2014.

I can see PV booking himself to win a 60 man Royal Rumble type match in which he enters in #1 and eliminates the other 59 men.

One idea I had:

As Richard Eisen attempts to turn his SWF into a global wrestling empire, TCW, NOTBPW, and PGHW have come together in an Alliance, known as the Wrestling World Elite, with the plan to "protect" wrestling tradition from the "threat" of SWF-style sports entertainment.

After reading the additions to WMMA4 I think we are getting networks and more agile media companies.

Based on this assumption I think SWF have stayed on top with the launch of The Supreme Network. If we are getting reality TV shows then they have probably made some stars that way and their revenue from this is allowing them to steal top stars from a global alliance that Cornell is building.

Peter Valentine buys out USPW.

Hell on earth commences. Somehow. Valentine proves that talent isn't everything as he gives himself a title reign just after becoming owner...in February 2014.

It's January 2016. Can you stop the Valentine's Massacre?!

Now imagine a partnership between Valentine and Redwood...

After reading the additions to WMMA4 I think we are getting networks and more agile media companies.

Based on this assumption I think SWF have stayed on top with the launch of The Supreme Network. If we are getting reality TV shows then they have probably made some stars that way and their revenue from this is allowing them to steal top stars from a global alliance that Cornell is building.

I've thought for [a bit] that we'll be seeing WMMA4's critical/commercial ratings split in TEW 2016. This will considerably nerf perf. > pop companies but give precedence to heavily pop > perf. companies. The popularity gain each show will be linked to the popular products within each region -- for example, a high commercial rating will do well in Mainstream and Comedy Friendly US, but poor among Japanese viewers interested in Pure and Realism

SWF's biggest challenge is actually competing on the global stage -- in TEW 2013, it is extremely easy to quickly drop from Global, lose a battle or two, and end up at Cult. SWF [secretly] lacks over workers necessary to create good in-ring work, and as we move towards 2016, they will continue to falter.

I think there will be a National Battle -- but it'll be in Japan or Canada.

Losing Gilmore would be huge for SWF -- he's by far the best in-ring worker on the roster and young compared to his peers. Stalwarts like Lobster Warrior, Jack Bruce, Rich Money and Squeeky McClean are aging fast, and their replacements -- like Steve Frehley, Captain Atomic and Valiant -- aren't of the same caliber.

I think SWF is going to start with a weak World Champion -- my hunch here is Brandon James -- and this will complicate already dire personnel problems. It'll likely be a tougher company to run compared to TEW 2016, and probably one of the hardest to book in the C_Verse.

I think both Bad Collin and KYE bring up good points about what we can expect.

Having recently gotten into WMMA4 within the last few months I think networks and the critical/commercial ratings are natural extensions for TEW16.

As far as the CVerse goes, I think KWE is right in thinking about the particular booking challenge each promotion will face. It seems Adam creates the promotion/roster to fit a specific challenge (IE: not enough in-ring skills at top of card, poor locker room morale, not enough pop at top of card, aging roster, big gap in overness between the top and bottom of card, etc.).

It'll be interesting to see what Achilles heel each promotion has.

I've thought for [a bit] that we'll be seeing WMMA4's critical/commercial ratings split in TEW 2016. This will considerably nerf perf. > pop companies but give precedence to heavily pop > perf. companies. The popularity gain each show will be linked to the popular products within each region -- for example, a high commercial rating will do well in Mainstream and Comedy Friendly US, but poor among Japanese viewers interested in Pure and Realism

That would be a seismic change and it would make things very interesting.

From the Lord of the CornellVerse himself, in the TEW2016 thread:

That is correct; the CornellVerse is meant to evolve at a realistic rate, so people shouldn't be expecting wholesale changes that radically alter everything. The amount of change is appropriate to what would have happened in the two years that have elapsed.

The speculation is still loads of fun, but when it comes to actual expectations....

From the Lord of the CornellVerse himself, in the TEW2016 thread:

The speculation is still loads of fun, but when it comes to actual expectations....

Even so, with as many big names that were at or near time decline/retirement in 2013/2014 I would think we may see quite a few workers sliding into non-wrestling roles and making room for some new blood.

Even so, with as many big names that were at or near time decline/retirement in 2013/2014 I would think we may see quite a few workers sliding into non-wrestling roles and making room for some new blood.

I agree, and its what I'm expecting. Hoping for, actually. If you look at the main event scene of every company at Cult or above, almost of them could potentially see significant movement due to worker age. Obviously not every promotion is going to have half or three quarters of their MEs retire or move down the card. But a few will. That alone could make a promotion look and feel quite different. Imagine the SWF with no Christian Faith, no Vengeance, and the likes of Rich Money, Jack Bruce, and Marat Khoklov all scaled back to some level.... maybe replaced at the top of the card by Valiant, Eric Eisen, Captain Atomic, and Paul Huntington.... As many have already talked about in here, Sam Strong retiring will significantly alter USPW.

I know some are hoping for bigger and more revolutionary changes, but this is the kind of change I'm pinning my hopes on.

I agree, and its what I'm expecting. Hoping for, actually. If you look at the main event scene of every company at Cult or above, almost of them could potentially see significant movement due to worker age. Obviously not every promotion is going to have half or three quarters of their MEs retire or move down the card. But a few will. That alone could make a promotion look and feel quite different. Imagine the SWF with no Christian Faith, no Vengeance, and the likes of Rich Money, Jack Bruce, and Marat Khoklov all scaled back to some level.... maybe replaced at the top of the card by Valiant, Eric Eisen, Captain Atomic, and Paul Huntington.... As many have already talked about in here, Sam Strong retiring will significantly alter USPW.

I know some are hoping for bigger and more revolutionary changes, but this is the kind of change I'm pinning my hopes on.

Don't forget about Steve Frehley and Remo!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40720" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree, and its what I'm expecting. Hoping for, actually. If you look at the main event scene of every company at Cult or above, almost of them could potentially see significant movement due to worker age. Obviously not every promotion is going to have half or three quarters of their MEs retire or move down the card. But a few will. That alone could make a promotion look and feel quite different. Imagine the SWF with no Christian Faith, no Vengeance, and the likes of Rich Money, Jack Bruce, and Marat Khoklov all scaled back to some level.... maybe replaced at the top of the card by Valiant, Eric Eisen, Captain Atomic, and Paul Huntington.... As many have already talked about in here, Sam Strong retiring will significantly alter USPW. <p> </p><p> I know some are hoping for bigger and more revolutionary changes, but this is the kind of change I'm pinning my hopes on.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is very important. Adam's consistent strategy (and one I agree with) is to leave the challenges in place from the previous version for the user to overcome -- the notable example being Tommy Cornell and Wolf Hawkins still aligned in each version.</p><p> </p><p> At the same time, Ownership Changes necessitate minimum changes to seem realistic. Simply put, new ownership is needed for both USPW and PGHW, and that will result in significant change -- both sitting owners are well past retirement age by 2016. Personelle changes in other companies will be further limited by the necessity of reworking two major companies. </p><p> </p><p> If there are changes, they will be in size, and small ones (SWF ---> International/Global; TCW ----> Cult). </p><p> </p><p> I think the "new theater" is going to be Japan, and a "new feature<span style="text-decoration:line-through;">" will entail international conflict -- so what happens to PGHW will be key, as they are #2 in Japan. From a talent perspective, Japan has smaller companies ready to make a major jump. Japan could be either close to/or in National battles at this point (so the feature is in the game) -- with four names at the top (WLW/5SSW, PGHW, Burning Hammer and SWF). </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> If there is a new alliance feature, the MJM may be able to "act in proxy" as a National company -- and become the third wheel on its own. Or, TIER1 could be established at an already high level -- probably the only company that is a logical candidate to do so. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> PGHW will look significantly different. My hunch is that Bryan Holmes will take the reigns as owner [loyalty to Sadahura, great in-game ownership/booking stats], with Seiji working as booker -- as a Gajin owner of a major company, he will use connections in Canada to bring over skilled workers [bloodstone? McFly?] and open the coffers more than his predecessor -- bringing "war" to Japan.</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40720" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree, and its what I'm expecting. Hoping for, actually. If you look at the main event scene of every company at Cult or above, almost of them could potentially see significant movement due to worker age. Obviously not every promotion is going to have half or three quarters of their MEs retire or move down the card. But a few will. That alone could make a promotion look and feel quite different. Imagine the SWF with no Christian Faith, no Vengeance, and the likes of Rich Money, Jack Bruce, and Marat Khoklov all scaled back to some level.... maybe replaced at the top of the card by Valiant, Eric Eisen, Captain Atomic, and Paul Huntington.... As many have already talked about in here, Sam Strong retiring will significantly alter USPW. <p> </p><p> I know some are hoping for bigger and more revolutionary changes, but this is the kind of change I'm pinning my hopes on.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's already sort of happened in my later saves. Bruce and Money jobbed out for a few months and haven't seen their popularity increase since. They're still at the top of the card, but one thing I've noticed is the AI doesn't really push talent down the card much. Esp top tier talent. They tend to let them go so the game world ends up with a handful of unemployed top draws. In fact, Sean McFly is still unemployed in my game world. I would bring him in, but his asking price is way too high and I'm trying to keep a main event scene of young talent, not old.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KnowYourEnemy" data-cite="KnowYourEnemy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40720" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is very important. Adam's consistent strategy (and one I agree with) is to leave the challenges in place from the previous version for the user to overcome -- the notable example being Tommy Cornell and Wolf Hawkins still aligned in each version.<p> </p><p> At the same time, Ownership Changes necessitate minimum changes to seem realistic. Simply put, new ownership is needed for both USPW and PGHW, and that will result in significant change -- both sitting owners are well past retirement age by 2016. Personelle changes in other companies will be further limited by the necessity of reworking two major companies. </p><p> </p><p> If there are changes, they will be in size, and small ones (SWF ---> International/Global; TCW ----> Cult). </p><p> </p><p> I think the "new theater" is going to be Japan, and a "new feature<span style="text-decoration:line-through;">" will entail international conflict -- so what happens to PGHW will be key, as they are #2 in Japan. From a talent perspective, Japan has smaller companies ready to make a major jump. Japan could be either close to/or in National battles at this point (so the feature is in the game) -- with four names at the top (WLW/5SSW, PGHW, Burning Hammer and SWF). </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> If there is a new alliance feature, the MJM may be able to "act in proxy" as a National company -- and become the third wheel on its own. Or, TIER1 could be established at an already high level -- probably the only company that is a logical candidate to do so. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> PGHW will look significantly different. My hunch is that Bryan Holmes will take the reigns as owner [loyalty to Sadahura, great in-game ownership/booking stats], with Seiji working as booker -- as a Gajin owner of a major company, he will use connections in Canada to bring over skilled workers [bloodstone? McFly?] and open the coffers more than his predecessor -- bringing "war" to Japan.</span></p></div></blockquote><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> I think this is a crucial point. Let's look at the major changes from 2010 to 2013 (3 year gap):</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> - The COTT Alliance linked MAW, NYCW, CZCW, OLLIE, and 4C, but didn't make any major changes to the status of each of those promotions. It served more as a way for those companies to share workers more easily. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> - GSW and IPW (Nemesis returns) open and the game seemed to indicate a West Coast War was on the horizon since PWMAX usually opened in April of 2013. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> - QAW opened to give the U.S. a second women's promotion after Babes of Sin City closed. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> - All other promotions pretty much remained in a static spot as far as popularity goes with no drastic overhaul to the promotion's product (which makes sense, since each promotion offers up their own style for the player)</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> - I don't play Canada very often, but can't remember anything drastic as far as the game world was concerned. CGC was in a stronger position, perhaps. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> - Mexico got a huge boost as two new promotions opened, but it was still SOTBPW vs the rest with OLLIE and MPWF as the next two in line. The brand split for SOTBPW was probably the biggest development outside of the two new companies. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> - Japan probably saw the most change with the change to touring schedules and the formation of the Modern Japan alliance/BCG. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> There's not a ton of seismic changes there which makes sense given that in the real world, the WWF's stars have changed, but they've been the unquestioned #1 for what, 18 years, now? WCW came and went and TNA seemed to be on the verge, but if you eliminate TCW, then what? You already have a game world where there's a dominant force versus a bunch of smaller promotions (Mexico). </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> I think USPW is the most likely promotion to be killed off. Strong dies and the company struggles to maintain the cache that Strong brings, eventually suffering financially and pulling the plug. NYCW is already a place where untalented, washed up vets can go ply their trade. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> I'd like to see NOTBPW/CGC swap places in Canada in a WCW/WWF in the late 1990s situation. CGC has won the war for a year and a half and NOTBPW is looking for a spark to jolt them back to the top. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:line-through;"> Mexico is fine as is with everybody treading water since you don't want too many game areas with national wars.</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smwilliams" data-cite="smwilliams" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40720" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Mexico is fine as is with everybody treading water since you don't want too many game areas with national wars.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bah...Mexico has been treading water for ages. They need to explode the scene down there! </p><p> </p><p> Every company splits and it becomes a 6-way clash!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smwilliams" data-cite="smwilliams" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40720" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think this is a crucial point. Let's look at the major changes from 2010 to 2013 (3 year gap):<p> </p><p> - The COTT Alliance linked MAW, NYCW, CZCW, OLLIE, and 4C, but didn't make any major changes to the status of each of those promotions. It served more as a way for those companies to share workers more easily. </p><p> </p><p> - GSW and IPW (Nemesis returns) open and the game seemed to indicate a West Coast War was on the horizon since PWMAX usually opened in April of 2013. </p><p> </p><p> - QAW opened to give the U.S. a second women's promotion after Babes of Sin City closed. </p><p> </p><p> - All other promotions pretty much remained in a static spot as far as popularity goes with no drastic overhaul to the promotion's product (which makes sense, since each promotion offers up their own style for the player)</p><p> </p><p> - I don't play Canada very often, but can't remember anything drastic as far as the game world was concerned. CGC was in a stronger position, perhaps. </p><p> </p><p> - Mexico got a huge boost as two new promotions opened, but it was still SOTBPW vs the rest with OLLIE and MPWF as the next two in line. The brand split for SOTBPW was probably the biggest development outside of the two new companies. </p><p> </p><p> - Japan probably saw the most change with the change to touring schedules and the formation of the Modern Japan alliance/BCG. </p><p> </p><p> There's not a ton of seismic changes there which makes sense given that in the real world, the WWF's stars have changed, but they've been the unquestioned #1 for what, 18 years, now? WCW came and went and TNA seemed to be on the verge, but if you eliminate TCW, then what? You already have a game world where there's a dominant force versus a bunch of smaller promotions (Mexico). </p><p> </p><p> I think USPW is the most likely promotion to be killed off. Strong dies and the company struggles to maintain the cache that Strong brings, eventually suffering financially and pulling the plug. NYCW is already a place where untalented, washed up vets can go ply their trade. </p><p> </p><p> I'd like to see NOTBPW/CGC swap places in Canada in a WCW/WWF in the late 1990s situation. CGC has won the war for a year and a half and NOTBPW is looking for a spark to jolt them back to the top. </p><p> </p><p> Mexico is fine as is with everybody treading water since you don't want too many game areas with national wars.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can't vouch for anyone else, but I've seen SOTBPW fall to cult, MPWF rose to cult, but also fell back to regional and EMLL rose to regional. Just in two years. I think the biggest thing is CGC's poised to make a national run and challenge NOTBPW's dominance in Canada. They're sitting at cult, but in a year they make national, so I full expect them to be at national when Adam releases TEW 2016. The struggle is going to come with NOTBPW who has only a couple of young stars to carry them forward with an aging roster top to bottom. They've gotten by for so long with the roster they've had, that they're at a crucial point of developing top stars if they want to maintain their foothold in Canada as the top promotion. I could almost see Adam setting the stage for NOTBPW to fall to cult.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smwilliams" data-cite="smwilliams" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40720" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> <p> </p><p> I think USPW is the most likely promotion to be killed off. Strong dies and the company struggles to maintain the cache that Strong brings, eventually suffering financially and pulling the plug. NYCW is already a place where untalented, washed up vets can go ply their trade. </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not sure I'd want to see this happen per se as I have a soft spot for USPW. Even if I don't ever get around to actually playing with them very much. But another point in your favor is that were this to happen, you have plenty of guys there who could found something to try and fill the void USPW closing would create. Jillefski. Sneer. Starr. Maybe a Peter Valentine or Giant Redwood trying to hang on and remain relevant because they don't get it yet that they are done. A lot of folks have love for Sneer's old Southern Class promotion. Maybe USPW collapsing would be the open door Sneer needed to try and revive good old Southern Class. Grab the old relics from the company's first run, nab some of the younger undercard guys who still need polishing from the deceased USPW and it probably wouldn't be too hard to get that ball rolling.</p>

<p>I wouldn't say Mexico has been treading water. SOTBPW hitting national and become the first Cverse promotion to have a brand split (that we know of) is a rather big development IMO. But I do agree that the Mexico scene has tons of potential. </p><p> </p><p>

NOTBPW could easily still at cult. Or back at cult. With an aging main event scene, and a lack of adequate prospects to quickly replace it, and a couple of injuries and/or retirements, they could struggle to put on typical quality shows, which creates a bit of a mess. They would be a fun promotion to put in a position where they have a few young prospects, a couple vets, and a possible chase for national if those young workers (like young Vessey) can prove themselves pretty quick.</p><p> </p><p>

I would love - LOVE - to see CGC catch fire. To me, there are some real possibilities there. Phil Vibert, the genius, running the show. A company that has worked the same DeColt-heavy formula forever. Maybe a DeColt defection to the Elite stable creates a wave momentum they ride to National, or toward national. With Whippy as long-reigning world champion, of course. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm against a major promotion closing, and I think USPW disappearing would generate a great deal of angst. Its a popular promotion to play. Heck, even evolving and modernizing the company would disappoint a lot of people. But with Sam about to retire and an older main event scene, its ripe to have someone take over with some new ideas. Maybe Phil Vibert moves on CGC, or maybe Nemisis.... Oh my, the possibilities....</p><p> </p><p>

@IRM - I agree that the AI on TEW13 isn't really effective at moving workers down the card when they hit time decline. They just tend to release them, rather than transferring that overness and keeping them useful as midcard veterans. Would be cool if 2016 could have them doing that a bit more effectively.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40720" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wouldn't say Mexico has been treading water. SOTBPW hitting national and become the first Cverse promotion to have a brand split (that we know of) is a rather big development IMO. But I do agree that the Mexico scene has tons of potential. <p> </p><p> NOTBPW could easily still at cult. Or back at cult. With an aging main event scene, and a lack of adequate prospects to quickly replace it, and a couple of injuries and/or retirements, they could struggle to put on typical quality shows, which creates a bit of a mess. They would be a fun promotion to put in a position where they have a few young prospects, a couple vets, and a possible chase for national if those young workers (like young Vessey) can prove themselves pretty quick.</p><p> </p><p> I would love - LOVE - to see CGC catch fire. To me, there are some real possibilities there. Phil Vibert, the genius, running the show. A company that has worked the same DeColt-heavy formula forever. Maybe a DeColt defection to the Elite stable creates a wave momentum they ride to National, or toward national. With Whippy as long-reigning world champion, of course. </p><p> </p><p> I'm against a major promotion closing, and I think USPW disappearing would generate a great deal of angst. Its a popular promotion to play. Heck, even evolving and modernizing the company would disappoint a lot of people. But with Sam about to retire and an older main event scene, its ripe to have someone take over with some new ideas. Maybe Phil Vibert moves on CGC, or maybe Nemisis.... Oh my, the possibilities....</p><p> </p><p> @IRM - I agree that the AI on TEW13 isn't really effective at moving workers down the card when they hit time decline. They just tend to release them, rather than transferring that overness and keeping them useful as midcard veterans. Would be cool if 2016 could have them doing that a bit more effectively.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A DeColt defection doesn't really seem practical. With perhaps the exception of Alex who is already in time decline in 2016. But with Steve in NOTBPW, and Edd Stone in TCW, Jack still has a few years left, and Ricky still easily has 10 years. They need Ricky and Jack to continue to carry the main event scene. Alex should be on his way down the card at this point and working toward an agent role.</p><p> </p><p> I don't think USPW should as they offer a very realistic "nostalgia" product, but I would say a major decline in popularity should be in order. The fact they're a national company (that usually falls to cult) with aging stars... It really is a niche market. The youngest talent on their roster is women. I would however like to see Alicia defect and either head to AAA/QAW, or head north to NOTBPW to give them some much needed depth in their female division.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="I Rule Me" data-cite="I Rule Me" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40720" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A DeColt defection doesn't really seem practical. With perhaps the exception of Alex who is already in time decline in 2016. But with Steve in NOTBPW, and Edd Stone in TCW, Jack still has a few years left, and Ricky still easily has 10 years. They need Ricky and Jack to continue to carry the main event scene. Alex should be on his way down the card at this point and working toward an agent role.<p> </p><p> I don't think USPW should as they offer a very realistic "nostalgia" product, but I would say a major decline in popularity should be in order. The fact they're a national company (that usually falls to cult) with aging stars... It really is a niche market. The youngest talent on their roster is women. I would however like to see Alicia defect and either head to AAA/QAW, or head north to NOTBPW to give them some much needed depth in their female division.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Apologies, I wasn't clear with the DeColt thing. I didn't mean one of them leaving CGC, but rather turning on his brothers on-screen, turning heel, and possibly aligning himself with the Elite stable. Or forming a new stable. Or becoming a stand-alone rebel. Ricky as the Stone Cold of CGC.</p>

Archived